BRF Oldie

Re: Capt. Kalia Memorial Educational & Welfare Trust

Post by Muppalla »

Welcome to BR. Wish you all the best.
Mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mehta »

Lets keep this posting in the forefront.<BR>This is one of the opportunity to do<BR>something concrete.<BR>
Thareja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Thareja »

Dear Vaibhav and Dr Kalia,<BR> Welcome to BRF. It was nice talking to you the other day. The supreme sacrifice of Capt Kalia has gone in the history books and the nation is proud of it.<BR> <BR> It was nice to know about the project you have started in the memory of martyr kalia. I have started talking to my friends about the project. I hopefully will visit you in Dec. I will also be visiting mata vaishno Devi aorund that time. How far is Palampur from there. Is there an airport near Palampur.<BR> <BR>I would love to arrange a medical/cardiology camp in Palampur. we can exchange further details off line if you desire.<BR> <BR>Please keep the forum memb updated if possible.<BR> <BR>Thank you Mr Mehta and I commend you for your efforts.<BR> <BR>Regards<BR>Subhash
ehsmang
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ehsmang »

hi Vaibhav,<P>I was thinking if there is chance to perform some kind of voluntary free service 'sewa' for the trust started by you and your father.<P>Anything, maybe helping in the construction, office work etc etc.... We owe it the memory of the fallen.<P>
Mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mehta »

Folks,<P>Lets keep the effort going.<BR>Please spread the word about the Trust and<BR>Amar Shaheed Capt. Kalia.<BR>We have to make sure this issue is alive<BR>till we can get the culprits punished.<P>
Rajeev
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Rajeev »

Dear Vaibhav .. its a pleasure to have you here . wish u all the very best and lets make all the effort to make this dream a real one .
Thareja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Thareja »

Good to see the support from the BR membs for this noble cause. keep it up.<P>Mr kalia can you please enlighten the mebs as to what your real long term plans are and what kind of a timetable are you working on specially the tagets for this yr atleast.<BR>thanks<BR>regards<BR>Subhash
Mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mehta »

Subhash,<BR>Very nice gesture on your part to setup<BR>a camp.<BR>I suggest may be you should correspond with<BR>Dr. Kalia and Vaibhav via email.<BR>You can find Vaibhav's email on the top of<BR>this thread.<BR>They can let you know more about the Trust.<BR>Regards.
Mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mehta »

Up.
Calvin
BRFite

Post by Calvin »

Mehta<BR>New Member posted 22-06-2000 14:43 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Fellow <BR>I am new member of Bharat Rakshak Forum.<BR>From what I have read. I believe we are<BR>dedicated people who dearly love and adore<BR>our Motherland INDIA.<BR>I have correspondent with one of the administrator of the BR site and after getting an OK from him.<BR>I present you with an opportunity to help<BR>our Motherland.<BR>We all remember Amar Shaheed Capt. Saurabh Kalia.<BR>His father Dr.N.K.Kalia had posted an appeal on the India World site. Asking us to send emails to various Human Rights groups and Amnesty International to punish the people<BR>responsible for the crime done by them.<P>This year in March I had called Dr.Kalia <BR>to find out about any progress in Capt. S.Kalia case.<BR>Below is an email reply I got from Dr.Kalia.<BR>A brief summary of that email is that Dr.Kalia has started a trust. The purpose of this trust is to start and support a residental school in Palampur, HP.<BR>This school is for the Kids of the Martyr's who made the supreme sacirific for us and our Motherland.<BR>HP Govt has given 17 acres of land. Dr.Kalia himself has given 15Lakhs which he got from the Indian Army.<BR>For last 3 months I have been forwarding the following email to all my acquaitence.<BR>I know we are bunch of dedicated people and I am sure we will do our best in helping Dr.Kalia in his noble cause.<BR>The Trust Name is<BR>" CAPTAIN SAURABH KALIA MEMORIAL EDUCATIONAL & WELFARE TRUST"<P>Address is<BR>Dr. N.K. Kalia.<BR>Saurabh Nagar,<BR>Palampur-176061<BR>Himachal Pradesh<BR>Tel: +91 (01894) 32065<BR>Dated 24 March/ 29 March,2000<P>My dear Mehta Ji,<P>My grateful thanks for your calling yesterday and more so for your deep<BR>sense of belonging and remembrance.<P>As you have enquired about Amar Shaheed Capt Saurabh Kalia's case, I am to<BR>inform you that I have approached every National & International Human<BR>Rights Agencies includings our political leaders through letters/emails and<BR>personal contacts as far as possible but to no avail. They did not<BR>acknowledge those leave alone taking any action. I also appealed to hundreds<BR>of People who matter but without success. The Foreign Minister promised<BR>action but with no stipulated time period.<P>I approached all the Heads of States through their embassies but no positive<BR>action from any side so far.<P>If you wish, I can email you letters written to US President, Pak PM,<BR>Embassies etc.<P>With the experience so far, I am afraid our govt. would initiate any<BR>action on this issue. Sadly we are more INTERNATIONLIST than NATIONALIST.<BR>For our politicians, our brave soldiers are just NUMBERS. Our nation has to<BR>go a long way to reach standards of USA or Isreal while caring for their<BR>citizens and ensuring human rights .<P>Apart from this waging lone battle for ensuring Safety of our POWs in<BR>Pakistan employing all possible avenues with me, I am also in touch with<BR>the Army to get opened a Residential Army Public School mainly for the<BR>Children of Martyrs who gave their TOMORROW for our TODAY. We all owe a lot<BR>to these Martyrs. You would kindly agree with me that there is a lot of<BR>hypocrisy in our society. The so called relatives around the Martyrs eye<BR>only on the incentives money received by these families. Hardly any body<BR>cares for those not so fortunate children.<P>By opening a residential school around Palampur, I intend to act , so long I<BR>am alive,as their FATHER ensuring them emotional love and security at their<BR>tender age.Sensing the nobility of this Project, the Chief Minister,Himachal<BR>Pradesh has donated 17 acres of land for the school free of cost. When the<BR>Army Chief visited our house alongwith his wife the other day, they promised<BR>all moral and material support to me for this besides raising the School. I<BR>am also assured of help from so many people/agencies.<P>I have raised a Trust " CAPTAIN SAURABH KALIA MEMORIAL EDUCATIONAL & WELFARE<BR>TRUST" starting with my own contribution of 15 lacs (the incentives<BR>received from Govt. for Saurabh) involving a dozen eminent high ranking<BR>persons from civil and army including a couple of NRIs. The main aim of<BR>this Trust is to take care of Martyrs children meeting their educational,<BR>hostel and day to day expenses with this CORPUS MONEY.<P>In this respect, I would humbly urge and appeal to EVERY NRI to kindly<BR>contribute atleast $100 per family. If you can kindly furnish me with the<BR>addresses of NRIs Associations, I can also appeal to them directly. Further,<BR>it is requested that no funds are sent in my Personal name but in Trust's<BR>name.<P>Kindly write all about your family and other details and do visit us<BR>whenever you come to India.<P>With deep fond love and affections,<P>Dr.Kalia N K<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Kaushal<BR>Member posted 22-06-2000 14:57 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Can you check if he has a US bank account for the trust, otherwise one has to get a draft or Intl.MO (chance of getting lost).<BR>K<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Muppalla<BR>Member posted 22-06-2000 14:58 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Good work Mehta. I commit my self to send money to the trust.<BR>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Mehta<BR>New Member posted 22-06-2000 15:11 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Kausal,<BR>Dr.Kalia does not have a US bank account.<BR>I presonally and couple of other people<BR>I know had sent Cheques in the name of<BR>the Trust at Dr.Kalia's address via ordinary<BR>mail.<BR>Dr.Kalia did receive the cheques.<P>Attach a small letter with the cheque and<BR>include your email address.<BR>I am sure Dr.Kalia with respond once he<BR>gets the cheque.<P>Jai Hind<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>RajRajeev<BR>New Member posted 22-06-2000 15:14 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Its a nobel cause .. U can always send a US cheque in dollars and it would reach there safely . If our letters to home can reach home safely , so would this contribution by post .<BR>Thanks Mehta .. good work indeed !<BR>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>ramana<BR>Member posted 22-06-2000 15:14 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Subhash from Florida is also in touch with Dr. Kalia and his family.<BR>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Simon<BR>Member posted 22-06-2000 15:15 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I will be going to India only towards the end of this year. When in India, I can write a check very conveniently. What can I do now?? Can the check be drawn on a US Bank??<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>RajRajeev<BR>New Member posted 22-06-2000 15:18 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Can the check be drawn on a US Bank??<P>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>yes .. u can do that.<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Mehta<BR>New Member posted 22-06-2000 15:19 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Simon,<BR>In my previous posting I mentioned that<BR>you can mail a cheque from here.<P>What I will encourage you is to correspond<BR>with Dr.Kalia and if you get time do visit<BR>him also. <P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Gayatri Srinivasan<BR>Member posted 22-06-2000 15:41 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I had talked to Vaibhav Kalia last year.<BR>I did write to Senators and mention about the inhuman act and injustice in every mail written to BBC and CNN.<P><BR>This trust that Dr Kalia has opened - imagine, out of his pain, he looks towards those children who have lost their fathers. <BR>My admiration and respect towards the Kalia family knows no bounds!<P>I will send the money to Dr Kalia's trust.<BR>in fact if there could be a scheme of adopting a kid, that will be wonderful too.<BR>We adopt a kid and take financial and moral responsibility - taking care of his needs and keeping in touch with the kid; maybe later on help him study abroad if need arises.<P>but as the first step , I will send the money.<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>RajRajeev<BR>New Member posted 22-06-2000 15:47 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Mehta .. u said u have his email address too . could u pass us that so that we could write as well to Mr kalia ??<BR>Thanks <P>Rajeev<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Muppalla<BR>Member posted 22-06-2000 16:01 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Please don't post email addresses over the public forum.<BR>-Thanks<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Gayatri Srinivasan<BR>Member posted 22-06-2000 16:56 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Here is the email I sent to around 100 people:<BR>BACKGROUND INFO<BR>*************************************************************** <A HREF="http://www.indiaworld.co.in/home/skalia/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.indiaworld.co.in/home/skalia/index.html</A> <A HREF="http://people.goplay.com/saurabh_kalia/home.html" TARGET=_blank>http://people.goplay.com/saurabh_kalia/home.html</A> <P>Dr N.K. Kalia :His own young son brutally tortured and murdered by Terrorist Pakistan - Capt Saurabh Kalia was one of the six Indian soldiers captured by the terrorist army, inhumanly tortured for days and murdered.<BR>The brave father is continuing in his efforts to get justice for the gross violation of Geneva convention and barbaric act of Pakistan. <P>He is also working on helping the children of martyrs. <BR>The children who are orphaned because their fathers died fighting for us and have no one to take responsibility for their future.<BR>**************************************************************<P>DETAILS:<BR>*****************************************************************<BR>Amar Shaheed Capt Saurabh Kalia's Father Dr N.K. Kalia has opened a trust for the children of martyrs.<P>The main aim of this Trust is to take care of Martyrs children meeting their educational, hostel and day to day expenses.<BR>The Himachal Pradesh Govt has given 17 acres of land for this cause. Dr. Kalia himself has given Rs. 15 Lakhs which he recieved from the Indian Army.<P>This issue is being discussed at Bharat Rakshak Forum: <A HREF="http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/ubb/Forum ... 00159.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/ubb/Forum ... 59.html</A> <BR>***************************************************************<P>WHAT TO DO<BR>*******************************************************************<BR>The following are the 4 steps we all need to take to help the brave <BR>patriot in his noble cause:<P>1.<BR>checks in favor of<BR>" CAPTAIN SAURABH KALIA MEMORIAL EDUCATIONAL & WELFARE TRUST"<P>2.<BR>a brief letter on this noble deed to Dr. Kalia.<P>Template Letter:<BR>##########################################################<BR>Dear Dr N.K. Kalia,<BR>We extend our fullest support to the trust you have opened for the children of the martyrs.<BR>We are very awed and proud of your noble deed.<BR>We will do our best to inform as many people and help in every way we can.<P>Jai Hind!<BR>##########################################################<P>3. send it to:<P>Dr. N.K. Kalia.<BR>Saurabh Nagar,<BR>Palampur-176061<BR>Himachal Pradesh<P><BR>4.<BR>Inform as many people you can about it.<P>Jai Hind!<BR>Gayatri<P><BR>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>Mehta<BR>New Member posted 22-06-2000 17:10 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Thanks Gayatri.<BR>You have formatted it very nicely.<P>Also Folks, I have a list of all the Human<BR>Rights and Amnesty Internnational org<BR>emails.<P>I plan to forward that email list on this<BR>forum so we all can email them .<P>One more request lets keep this issue alive.<BR>I tried in vain to publish in Letter to<BR>Editors of Major Indian Newspaper.<P>But I will keep on trying and request you<BR>all to foward Dr. Kalia letter to all<BR>your acquaitence's.<P>If anybody has any contact with any High ranking Govt official or Minister.<BR>Please raise this issue.<P>India should also put a condition of asking<BR>pakistan to handover the guility people.<BR>If pakistan wants to talk about Kashmir.<P>JAI HIND<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>ehsmang<BR>Member posted 23-06-2000 00:48 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Myself and my friend are sending our contribution.<P>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>RajRajeev<BR>New Member posted 23-06-2000 09:55 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I too have sent the mail to my friends and most of them are willing to send their contributions <BR>IP: Logged<BR> <BR>vaibhav<BR>New Member posted 24-06-2000 00:22 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Hon'able Members of the Esteemed BHARAT RASHAK FORUM<BR>My heartiest and grateful thanks for your very kind gesture and contributions. <P>I assure you that every Rupee contributed to the TRUST would go for the noble cause only for which it has been raised. It is to cater the material needs (hostel expenses, books, uniforms etc.) of the children of Martyrs soldiers (and physically incapacitated soldiers,if sufficient funds available)admitted in the proposed residential Army Public School in the memory of Captain Saurabh Kalia (and admitted elsewhere In India and whosoever approaches depending upon the position of funds).<P>Personally,I feel that people should contribute not lump sum amount and forget all over. My main aim is not to amass huge amount in the TRUST but to arouse among the people a sense of belonging for these not so fortunate children. They should contribute on the eve of their birthday, children's birthday, wedding anniversary or on any appropriate occasion. Even a small token would bring them closer to these children whose father gave their TODAY for our TOMORROW.<P>Further, it is informed that the documents regarding the TRUST for seeking Income Tax rebate etc. have been moved with the appropriate authorities. And you know things do not move that swiftly in our country. Also the State Bank Of India has exempted Service charges for all transactions of the Trust Account.<P>Kindly send your CONTRIBUTIONS in the name of the TRUST only "CAPT. SAURABH KALIA MEMORIAL EDUCATIONAL & WELFARE TRUST" not in my personal name, please. <P>With deep sense of gratitude,<P>Dr. N K Kalia<P>Saurabh Nagar, Palampur-176061 (Himachal Pradesh) India<P>91-1894-32065 (Residence)<P>------------------<BR>Vaibhav Kalia<BR>brother of IC 58522F<BR>Capt. Saurabh Kalia (4 JAT)<BR>(KARGIL WAR HERO )<P> <BR>
Mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mehta »

I would take this opportunity to<BR>let our new BR members know about this<BR>Trust.<BR>Please help if you can.<BR>
Thareja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Thareja »

Can someone please keep a tab on # of resposes this or any other similar thread over the yrs has invited.I would like to brag about it.<P>Jai hind <BR>Subhash
Mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mehta »

Fellow BR members.<P>Some people can call me obsessed but I find it disgusting and get frustrated that it has been more than a year since pakistan tortured,killed and mutilated the bodies of 6 Brave Indian Soldiers (Shaheed Capt. Kalia and 5 Soldiers of his Company) and also killed in cold blood Sqn Leader Ajay Ahuja.<BR>Nothing has been done by the Indian Government till now in terms of raising this issue with pakistan and War Crimes convention in Geneva.<BR>As we all start holding BR meetings in various places.<BR>Especially folks in India.<BR>I would like to appeal to each one of you to please raise this issue and try your best to bring attention to this issue. By signing and sending memoradum to various agencies and organizations etc.<BR>We cannot let the sacrifice made by these Brave Soldiers go in vain.<BR>Lets try to get justice for them.<P>Jai Hind