Tackling Islamic Extremism in India - 2

surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

shiv wrote:A lot of deaf people, and a lot of blind people miraculously received the gift of Allah - they got back their hearing and eyesight on that day. Truly the ways of Allah are mysterious and great! Praise be upon him!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Praise be to Alla.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

shiv wrote:Bhima after all proceeded to wash himself in Duryodhana's blood after breaking open Duryodhana's thigh - the lap that Duryodhana had forced Draupadi to sit on.
How violent of Bhima. He should have declared satyagraha instead of resorting to violence. He should have gone for fast. Given that he was a stout big powerful man, he would taken longer for his body to reduced to skeletons. This way he would had the privelege of a tormenting Duryodhana for a longer time and a better chance that Duryodhana would alter his behaviour after seeing that Bhima is on a hunger strike. :wink:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

surinder wrote:
shiv wrote:Bhima after all proceeded to wash himself in Duryodhana's blood after breaking open Duryodhana's thigh - the lap that Duryodhana had forced Draupadi to sit on.
How violent of Bhima. He should have declared satyagraha instead of resorting to violence. He should have gone for fast. Given that he was a stout big powerful man, he would taken longer for his body to reduced to skeletons. This way he would had the privelege of a tormenting Duryodhana for a longer time and a better chance that Duryodhana would alter his behaviour after seeing that Bhima is on a hunger strike. :wink:

Allah be Praised ,

Bhima must have been fascist RSS member . Who enrolled him < Lord Krishna ? :oops:
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Prem wrote:Bhima must have been fascist RSS member . Who enrolled him < Lord Krishna ? :oops:
I hope Bhima's progeny learn that violence is bad, it only begets more violence, and that more could have achieved by love and use of satyagraha. I hope Bhima's progeny would purge all atrocities of Duryodhana from the NCERT books and ban any books insulting to or talking of Duryodhan's deeds. And, while we are at it, reservation for Duryodhana's progeny is a good idea, especially since all the top plum jobs and economy is control of Bhima's descendents. :wink:
Last edited by surinder on 13 Dec 2007 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

X-posted from IF
dhu Dec 8 2007, 08:45 AM Post #59

It needs to be remembered that, in the greater timeline, the Christians came before the Muslims. Islam was formed only after Augustine had introduced the concept of divine will to Christianity; so we do not really see in Islam the struggles to appropriate traditions and to formulate a Hindu Code for subjects (to find the Hindu version of the law-giver Moses - that is, to manufacture a hoax). Islam is the leaner and meaner version of Christianity; Islam has done away with these needs and is absolutely assured of its "mission".

The so-called western world will be done in by Islam precisely because Islam is the more refined version of Christianity; Islam does not need to manufacture a sham Liberation theology since it is quite visibly the "religion" of, for, and by the darkies.

But in India, we were exposed to the Version 2 of Islam much before the Version 1 of Christianity. Theoretically, this should automatically lead to a de-dhimmification just as the antidote is often a more dilute version of the poison. Even now, we can see elaborate arguments being formulated against Christianity which will lead eventually to de-dhimmification (eg, Balu) if not a renewal of our Renaissance. Against Islam, we would have had to content ourselves with "Mohammad is a child molester" type arguments and there would have been no progression from the human wasteland of Islam. So Christianity is serving as a foil against which we can ground our renewal. As with everything, however, it is a race against the clock.

Many times, I have seen the most Dhimmi individuals actually turn around and surprise with a caustic comment against Islam/Christianity or at least an acknowledgement of the Hindu view. These tend to be the older generation. Newer genration has been infected with version 3 of Communism/Liberalism/Secularism. Communism is the western product that prevent sympathy from accruing to the authentic traditions of the darkies and instead channels these sympathies towards Islam or heterodox niches in western civilization. The biggest mistake we can make is thinking that Liberalism is a repudiation of the Christian origins of the West.

Just some stray thoughts; feel free to contradict.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

op-Ed in Pioneer, 13 Dec., 2007
Sorry defence of Hindu ineptitude

Second Opinion: Priyadarsi Dutta

Girilal Jain, as quoted by Ms Sandhya Jain in her article, "Émigré of Ayodhya" (December 11), had the sapience that Hindus could not sustain anti-Muslim feeling except temporarily. The admission of this truism, however, will embolden the soldiers of Allah, now in the knowledge of the enemy's susceptibility.

Ms Jain's intentions are noble when she says that Muslims (and Christians), like Jews, should abandon the desire to dominate India, and seek space in its nurturing bosom. Historian Devendra Swarup had expressed a similar desire when he said in his article "December 6, 1992 and after" (December 1) that the Ram Janmabhoomi movement "contained the seeds of future Hindu-Muslim understanding based on acceptance of a common heritage". It's interesting to entertain the hope that one day the lion shall lie down beside the lamb upon green grass. But history tells us that spatial and demographic share of Hindus has been dwindling over the last 1,000 years.

Ms Jain correctly says that Hindus have no fight with Islam, not (even) past iconoclastic Islam. But it's more of a proof of dullness and ineptitude of the Hindu mind, rather its penchant for charity. Hindus were expected to be -- given that Islam dominated India for 700 years -- the best informed people on Islam. But they are still one of the worst informed. Riots are rather knee-jerk reactions to Muslim behavioural pattern.

The Hindu approach to everything is ad hoc, whereas Islam's agenda is long-term. Is it not surprising that medieval Hindus never produced a single document that critically examines Islam? It was done by Raja Rammohun Roy (who knew Arabic), Girish Chandra Sen of the Brahmo Samaj, Swami Dayanand -- all in British India; whereas Ram Swarup and Sita Ram Goel worked in the post-1947 period, following European scholars.

But the Europeans (Christians) took to studying Islam in the 14th century. Raymond Lully, in 1276 AD, had set up his first school on Majorca Island (Spain) to impart Franciscan missionaries knowledge of Arabic and Islam. After 1311, five schools were set up by the Catholic Church in Rome, Bologna, Paris, Oxford, and Salamanca -- with chairs of Hebrew, Chaldaic and Arabic. Bernard Lewis says that the first chair of Arabic in France was founded in the College de France by King Francis I in 1538; and in England, the first chair of Arabic was founded in Cambridge in 1633 and the second in Oxford three years later.
Even now there is a split on what the threat is.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

ramana wrote:op-Ed in Pioneer, 13 Dec., 2007
Is it not surprising that medieval Hindus never produced a single document that critically examines Islam? It was done by Raja Rammohun Roy (who knew Arabic), Girish Chandra Sen of the Brahmo Samaj, Swami Dayanand -- all in British India; whereas Ram Swarup and Sita Ram Goel worked in the post-1947 period, following European scholars.

But the Europeans (Christians) took to studying Islam in the 14th century. Raymond Lully, in 1276 AD, had set up his first school on Majorca Island (Spain) to impart Franciscan missionaries knowledge of Arabic and Islam. After 1311, five schools were set up by the Catholic Church in Rome, Bologna, Paris, Oxford, and Salamanca -- with chairs of Hebrew, Chaldaic and Arabic. Bernard Lewis says that the first chair of Arabic in France was founded in the College de France by King Francis I in 1538; and in England, the first chair of Arabic was founded in Cambridge in 1633 and the second in Oxford three years later.
Whys is it necessary to produce a document. Is producing a document the only proof that we have understood a phenomena? Is establishing a chair the only proof that we have understood a phenomena? Is this not Macaulay speaking where the West has done great things that we haven't.
GuruNandan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by GuruNandan »

Rye wrote

".. Hinduism need not mean anything more than worshipping your favorite set of deities in a Temple -- if the proponents of a deep and intellectual hinduism think that they stand a chance against other more predatory religions by "raising the bar" to highly intellectual thoughts, they need to think again.."

I was corroborating Surinder's point that the battle should be taken to the enemy. My point is instead of we defending Hinduism - as defined by the accusers, we should be aggressive and take the battle to their front. Instead of allowing them to dominate the discourse by pointing out Hinduism, we should make them answer core questions about their ideology. The argument should not be about Hinduism, the argument should be about Islam/Christianity/Communism/Nazism/Post Modern Progressivism/Secularism. I said let us not allow these groups to talk about Hinduism because they don't have any insight, understanding, maturity, depth. I didn't say that we need a deep intellectual understanding of Hinduism in order to defeat the above groups although that would be helpful when we are talking about 'US' vs 'THEM'. Instead make it a conversation about THEM. Ask them about the Islamic genocide, the Christian and Communist Pogroms committed and the reason why the Proletarian Paradise collapsed (if it was a great idea) and so on.

My bad. I didn't communicate clearly in my previous post.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

surinder wrote:
ramana wrote:op-Ed in Pioneer, 13 Dec., 2007
Whys is it necessary to produce a document. Is producing a document the only proof that we have understood a phenomena? Is establishing a chair the only proof that we have understood a phenomena? Is this not Macaulay speaking where the West has done great things that we haven't.
1000 years of warfare is good enough document .
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

surinder wrote:
Surinder. Documents are important for several reasons. Yes it is Macaulay speaking but..

The first is that We are starting of with a handicap in which anything you say must be first validated in the form of a document that can be seen by many. It matters little that you have written crap in the document. As long as it is seen by many and accepted by some (as any crap invariably will) the document gains mileage. This may be related to an "Is it written?' or "Is it in the book" mindset that currently rule.

Secondly but no less important "documents" are essential for Indian because they can be (and must be) translated into many Indian languages to really reach the Indian population. Translation and reach is vital, and may abstract concepts get lost in the absence of documentation.

Finally, why do you think it is possible for people to deny that massacres ever occurred when the Islamic hordes came in? Many are civilizational memories. Only a few documents exist.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I am taking the liberty of cross posting this here because this is the mindset that is close to us, right here, in our backyard, from people whoused to be part of India in living memory.
AshokS wrote:Had dinner with Bangladesh cardiologist last night. The fellow is a Bangladeshi Hindu, and from an affluent family in Bangladesh. What he was telling was appalling on the treatment of Hindu's in this paki wannbe state.

These are more anecdotal stories than anything else, however are telling about the underlying currents in the Bangladeshi society than any commentary from a newspaper or motivated Bangladesi forum members:

1) He said Hindus are treated as second class citizens in the country and they are discriminated against
2) They are abused and threatened (he said that even with his muslim "friends", if they made fun of the Hindu religion he would have to just keep quiet, if he tried to make a comeback with a joke on Mullahs, he had a real fear that his so called friends would attack or kill him)
3) Although he had a Hindu surname, he would use his first name which (to me) sounded somewhat ambiguous as to his religion
4)Said the country was a "shithole" and he was glad to have left, thought these muslims were barbarians
5) One of his Hindu Bangladeshi friends that scored 95% in the medical admissions examination, was denied entry into medical school in Bangladesh, because during the oral interviews there was a mullah that said "why should we admit you, since after you graduate you will go to India anyway"
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

shiv wrote:
surinder wrote:
Surinder. Documents are important for several reasons. Yes it is Macaulay speaking but..

The first is that We are starting of with a handicap in which anything you say must be first validated in the form of a document that can be seen by many. It matters little that you have written crap in the document. As long as it is seen by many and accepted by some (as any crap invariably will) the document gains mileage. This may be related to an "Is it written?' or "Is it in the book" mindset that currently rule.

Secondly but no less important "documents" are essential for Indian because they can be (and must be) translated into many Indian languages to really reach the Indian population. Translation and reach is vital, and may abstract concepts get lost in the absence of documentation.

Finally, why do you think it is possible for people to deny that massacres ever occurred when the Islamic hordes came in? Many are civilizational memories. Only a few documents exist.
Surinder/Shiv: Macaulay is not a new Gyan, it has been long known and written in vernacular language. In fact I have a book in Hindi "Ved'eon Kaa Yatharth Swaroop" that was published 40 years ago to rebut the misrepresentation and twisting of Vedas done by western translators and and so called experts like Macaulay , It quote in english followed by Hindi translation of Macaulay and his likes and shows how it was wrongly translated with a malicious streak.

My father has preserved this book amongth the most valuable from the hundreds of books he had, he gave it to me last year and now Prem has this book. The brook was printed in IIRC Karnal (Haryana).

So it is not new thing, just that Indian dont get to read it, and/or dont want to read it. Just read what slave master Macaulay mandated Indians to read for passing exam and become babu, doctor and engineer. :cry:

Prem can you pull that out and tell us all the date the print, author and publisher name?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Arun ,
By Gurkul Kangri Haridwar and author is Prof Dharmdev Vidhyamartand. Printed in Vikarmi 2014, Its a huge book containg 500 plus pages in Hindi.

Author exposes the " Manufacturing" done by Western experts as well as desi Maccauly kuptras. Apparently few scholarly idiots even tried to explain Krishnavaach as metaphor for dark skinned abroginies ` :shock:

I find R.K Narayan 's The Indian Epic Retold as good example of Macaulized mind. He was duly rewarded for his services by Western masters.
indygill
BRFite -Trainee

Post by indygill »

Here we go again with in couple of months Islam once again Flexes its Muscle in India.

I wonder where are the so called "women equility" organizations and NGO's !!!!! And above all the "great" and "unbiased" India media.

It is astonishing that in todays modern India Islam "prohibits" entry of "women" in this Mosque !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://in.news.yahoo.com/071213/211/6oewf.html

Booked for ad shoot, Sania says sorry to cops, imam

New Delhi: Tennis star Sania Mirza bowed before public sentiment on Thursday and tendered an 'unequivocal' apology for shooting a commercial at the historic Mecca mosque in Hyderabad and hurting religious sentiments.
Sania's public apology came barely hours after a case had been registered against the tennis star and the advertising agency, charging them with trespassing on the Mecca Masjid.

The tennis star later sent an e-mail to Hyderabad's Police Commissioner, apologising for the ad shoot "with a deep sense of remorse".

Sania also sent a letter to the Imam of the Masjid, saying: "I would like to apologise to all my brothers and sisters and respected elders who are anguished by my unwittingly entering a portion of the land belonging to Mecca Masjid."

"While I am fully aware that a woman must not enter the sanctity of the mosque, I was unaware that even entering the outside gates of a mosque was seriously objectionable, specially without permission, which I was assured by the agency they possessed."
gashish
BRFite

Post by gashish »

Lest we forget

Parliament attack sixth anniversary

...& terrorist Afzal Guru is still alive.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

We may not forget but the lowlives in the political system have already forgotten. This is what Indians can expect from the Govt. of India for giving their lives in service of the country.

Patriotic Indians will be treated like s**t by the Indian govt. for sacrificing their lives for the country while those that are responsible for this situation walk without fear from islamic terrorism because they have Z-category security....this situation continues even as these Z-category oiseaules continue to pretend that hindus a bigger threat to Indian than the pakis and the islamists put together.

These worties in the political spectrum only need to be afraid of "a few embarrassing moments" for spitting on the memories of Indian patriots and the sacrifice they made for India and Indians.

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh apparently faced embarrassing moments on Thursday when an inconsolable kin of a victim in the Parliament attack case accused the government of not fulfilling the promises made to her.

A tearful Vimla Devi, wife of ASI Nanak Chand, who was killed in the 2001 terrorist attack, turned up at a function that was also attended by Leader of the Opposition L K Advani and Home Minister Shivraj Patil to pay tributes to the martyrs.

Narrating her woes, she told the function in Parliament house that she was yet to get land for a petrol pump which had been allotted to her as part of compensation following the killing of her husband.

"We don't want all these tributes to be paid. I don't have anything. Nobody listens to us," she said.

As Vimla Devi was escorted out, Swaraj later told reporters that the leaders spoke to the Home Minister who assured them that the process of relief and rehabilitation of the victims' families would be completed by next year.
A politician's promise...worth its weight in cow patties.

This poor widow will be dead and/or this issue will be forgotten and Shivraj Patil won't be in office -- of course, Shivraj Patil can pull out any promise out of his nether end because he knows it won't be his problem by this time next year.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Are there any organisations/trusts that specifically helps folks like these (and that brave bus driver who threw the bomb out in the Diwali Delhi bomb blasts incident) ?

If not can we start something like Martyr's foundation which can help families that have lost lives or limbs of bread-winners to terrorism ?

I am sure many of us would like to do something more than just venting frustration on a message board. :(

Lest we forget.
gashish
BRFite

Post by gashish »

was pleasantly surprised to see this image painted at couple of places in Pune during my recent visit to India..

Shivaji-Afzal khan duel..

sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

Has anyone read the book The Great Disclosures: Secrets Unmasked by Hilal Ahmad War?
This book unfolds the fact that the death of Mohammad Ali Jinnah and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, were actually secret cases of murder by poisoning. It unmasks the real culprits behind the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. It exposes the agencies behind the assassination of the first Prime Minister of Pakistan, Liaquat Ali Khan, as well as the murder of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, under the judicial verdict, based on concocted charges. This book also exposes the politicians behind the assassination of Murtaza Ali Bhutto.

Providing a genesis of the 'Kashmir Problem', the book unveils its real nature. it reveals that the 'Kashmir Problems' was created by 'various forces', for plunging South-Asia into a perpetual cold-cum-hot war Zone, so that, the region would never achieve political and economic stability.

"It narrates how American CIA, is the creator and abettor of global terrorism, for its own ends". America has not only betrayed the people of Jammu and Kashmir, but is also sponsoring most of the International Terrorists' Organisations.

This book also exposes the role of Mutti Mohammad Sayeed, the then Home Minister of India (now Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir), in facilitating the murder of Rajiv Gandhi, the ex-Prime Minister of India, and also, how he stage-managed the kidnapping drama, of his daughter, Rubiya Sayeed, by JKLF militants. It discloses how, Yaseen Malik, the JKLF Chief, hatched a conspiracy with Multi Mohammad Sayeed, to enact a 'mock drama' of Rubiy's kidnapping.

Also narrated in the book is, how a secret plan was made, to kill Dr. Farooq Abdullah, former Chief Minister of J&K State. Interesting insights are also offered about the background of the Kargil War, as the book exposes its conspirators. The book also unmasks the facts about other shocking events, such as the suicidal attack on the Indian Parliament, the 9/11 attacks in USA on the World Trade Centre, New York, and in Pentagon, Washington.

The book unmasks the role of CIA and America, in hatching a conspiracy, to disturb peace in the world, for their own secret benefits. It also narrates how China secretly helped General Parvez Musharraf to oust Nawaz Sharief, by staging a counter-coup, in order to contain USA and India.

There is also mention of the 'real creators' of the Partition of India. In the end, the book presents a 'Road Map', for resolving the 'Kashmir dispute', to bring an 'era of peace and stability,' in South Asia, and to prevent it from unwarranted Nuclear Conflicts. It also reveals the intentions of India and the Anglo-American blocks, about the resolution of the Kashmir problem, under the garb of the recent Indo-Pak CBMs. There are many other shocking disclosures, that hardly and one knows, which would attract the interest and attention of the world.
http://www.saujanyabooks.com/details.aspx?id=30016
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks this is not a news thread to dump any old article without the context of the thread. Thanks, ramana

Meanwhile X-post
in the technological society, jacques ellul states that there are three society types in existence today: america, western europe, and india. he also stated that europe lagged 20 years behind america in the application of technique, especially psychological technique wherein the experience of subjectivity is injected as a part of controllled revolt.. yet he still saw india as another completely independent form of modern society. he wrote this when the so-called "western world" was enamored with China and hardly anyone mentioned india. there is another side to ellul in that he did a u-turn to reembrace catholicism as an expression of subjectivity in a technicized world. it seemed rather peripheral to the arguments he put forth in his three related works (the technological society, the technological bluff, and propaganda), but i think we can conclude from ellul's disparate statements about india.. that the modern technical society requires injection of a subjective opium at all points to prop up the entire edifice, while indian society does not
This is why we have the Indian interests thread to come up with the common interets or opium to make all the groups pull in the right direction.

The founding fathers thought that the Indian constitution and the laws they put inot palce would help become the opium to soothe the populace. however the bad economic policies showed that this was not enough and let loose forces for change. Tackling Islamic extremeis in Indian context is one aspect needed to prevent future fissures.
ssmitra
BRFite

Post by ssmitra »

Rye wrote:We may not forget but the lowlives in the political system have already forgotten. This is what Indians can expect from the Govt. of India for giving their lives in service of the country.

Patriotic Indians will be treated like s**t by the Indian govt. for sacrificing their lives for the country while those that are responsible for this situation walk without fear from islamic terrorism because they have Z-category security....this situation continues even as these Z-category oiseaules continue to pretend that hindus a bigger threat to Indian than the pakis and the islamists put together.

These worties in the political spectrum only need to be afraid of "a few embarrassing moments" for spitting on the memories of Indian patriots and the sacrifice they made for India and Indians.

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh apparently faced embarrassing moments on Thursday when an inconsolable kin of a victim in the Parliament attack case accused the government of not fulfilling the promises made to her.

A tearful Vimla Devi, wife of ASI Nanak Chand, who was killed in the 2001 terrorist attack, turned up at a function that was also attended by Leader of the Opposition L K Advani and Home Minister Shivraj Patil to pay tributes to the martyrs.

Narrating her woes, she told the function in Parliament house that she was yet to get land for a petrol pump which had been allotted to her as part of compensation following the killing of her husband.

"We don't want all these tributes to be paid. I don't have anything. Nobody listens to us," she said.

As Vimla Devi was escorted out, Swaraj later told reporters that the leaders spoke to the Home Minister who assured them that the process of relief and rehabilitation of the victims' families would be completed by next year.
A politician's promise...worth its weight in cow patties.

This poor widow will be dead and/or this issue will be forgotten and Shivraj Patil won't be in office -- of course, Shivraj Patil can pull out any promise out of his nether end because he knows it won't be his problem by this time next year.

Sadly an attitude which runs across party lines. Wasn't the NDA govt in power at that time. Whether the ruling parties have a nationalistic agenda or socialistic they still have high apathy towards the Jawan.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

ssmitra wrote:
Sadly an attitude which runs across party lines. Wasn't the NDA govt in power at that time. Whether the ruling parties have a nationalistic agenda or socialistic they still have high apathy towards the Jawan.
Agreed. This is just the latest round of salt-rubbing being done by politicians and political parties on the wounds of the families that sacrified a hero for the nation. None of the monies awarded to families of martyr reaches them most of the time, it appears. Shame on the thieves (bureaucracy and politicos) who deprive them the measly amount they are being paid by the GoI.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A few thoughts, on reading news of a bomb blast in a train that is suspected to be the work of militant adivasi groups.

This is just the sort of news that is highlighted to say that India is full of terrorists, so why single out and blame Islamists for terrorism.

Let me use this opportunity to explain why. Adivasis are wholly Indian in that they do not rise up and threaten violence for every international cause like Islamists do for causes like Palestine, Chechnya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cartoons, books while continuing to attack the local population for prosecuting criminals from Kashmir or terrorists who set off bombs in India.

It is the continuous and "So what if we do?" highlighting of Muslim issues when convenient combined with convenient escape from Muslim responsibility by saying "Oh there are so many terrorist groups" that make Islamic terrorism a special case in which the perpetrators and supporters choose to run with the hares and hunt with the hounds.

Islamic support for Islamist terrorism or militancy is a specially developed and honed mechanism that shows a degree of sophistication that is not displayed by other terrorist groups. Islamist terrorism not only drawn inspiration from islamic edicts but it manages to derive support from uninvolved faraway Muslims. just like Indian Muslims call for a cartoonists life to be ended, some other Muslims pay money that filters down to terrorists in India.

It is the international, pan Islamist nature of Islamist terrorism that calls for special attention to islamist terrorism in India of the sort that we do not give to terrorism from adivasis or any other group. And rest assured that all groups that receive external help get special attention, but it is ONLY Islamist terrorism that openly and obviously abetted by international Islamist groups.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

I didnt know Shiv got his inspiration from Md Jinnah :wink: (its a joke peace birather)

On the other hand the tit-for-tat theory is suddenly going around the media a lot more now very suddenly; waise this article is something that could have been written by the good doctor himself or Prafull Goradia has been reading BRF

Legacy of suppression
Legacy of suppression

Prafull Goradia

In the face of betrayal or oppression, especially by Muslims, Hindus react either in a sadistic or masochistic manner

It is a shame that a controversy over a criminal is being treated as a communal provocation merely because Sohrabuddin happened to be a Muslim. Worse, Mohammed Afzal is held back from the hangman's noose merely because he is a Muslim. Which Hindu or Christian would be considered for pardon after his death sentence was confirmed by the Supreme Court for masterminding the Parliament House attack? People have to be mentally sick to be so biased for criminals. No responsible Muslim has pleaded for the criminals; only India's Hindu rulers have.

The Hindu civilisation is not the only one to throw up a fringe of perverted rulers. Nazi Germany had produced quite a large number of sadists, mainly members of the SS, an abbreviation of Schutz Staffel or protection team. They provided the core of the officers and men who organised the death camps like Auschwitz, Belsec, Treblinka, which served to exterminate millions of Jews. The lead blame for the massacres is laid at the door of Adolf Hitler. It was he who inflamed the hatred. Why he hated Hebrews, he explained at length in his autobiography, Mem Kampf. In one of his many sentences, "I recognised the Jew as a cold hearted, shameless and calculating director of this revolting vice (prostitution) traffic in the scum of the big city, a cold shudder ran down my back." Evidently, there was an element of morbid sexuality in his ravings.

Many a German of the time also suffered from such an ailment. It was widely alleged that Jews had betrayed Germany and were behind the country's defeat in World War I. The allegation stuck readily because a Jew was known to be a Jew first, a Jew second and only then a German, Spaniard or any national. He was a supra nationalist. It was, therefore, possible for Hitler to excite anger among the German masses. The anger took a sadistic turn which gave them pleasure by inflicting pain on Jews. These Germans suffered from sadism so called by its first sponsor and theorist Marquis de Sade.

Hindus have also suffered but for much longer, for many centuries. The Hindukush was an open gateway for invaders. Whatever their different cruelties be, the pre-Islamic aggressors got absorbed into the Hindu mainstream in due course. The post-Islamic conquerors, whether the Dutch, the French, the Portuguese or the British, did not stay indefinitely and left India without doing permanent damage. Muslims neither merged with Hindus nor went away like the Europeans. They ruled, exploited and lived on often to oppress. Their leaders like Sir Syed Ahmad Khan had no hesitation in declaring that Hindus and Muslims are so different that they cannot co-exist.

RM Sayani, a liberal Muslim, was the Congress president in 1896. In his official address at the annual session, he said that before the advent of the British in India, "Musalmans were the rulers of the country... Hindus stood in awe of them... By a stroke of misfortune, Musalmans had to abdicate their position and descend to the level of their Hindu fellow countrymen... Musalmans, who are a very sensitive race... would have nothing to do... with their fellow subjects" (RC Majumdar).

It was only after the battle of Plassey and the subsequent advent of the Bengal Renaissance that the Hindu was able to come into his own. It is, however, remarkable that even after independence, Hindus have not been able to rid themselves of the dread of his past rulers, which is symptomised by the Congress having to take the side of criminals like Mohammed Afzal and Sohrabuddin.

Evidently, the reaction in several sections of Hindus has been masochistic, which is a state of mind that derives pleasure by inflicting pain upon itself. This psycho-sexual disorder was first located by Chevalier Leopold von Sacher-Masoch. In a way it is the opposite of sadism.

Mahatma Gandhi, perhaps unwittingly, aided and abetted this mental sickness by asking Hindus to prefer death, rather than retaliation, in the face of Muslim wrath. This he did repeatedly whether at the time of the Moplah riots, the violence at Kohat in NWFP, or during the tragedy of October 1939 which occurred in the Sukkur district of Sind.

On December 23, 1926, Swami Shraddhanand was murdered by one Abdul Rashid. Rashid was sentenced to death and hanged in due course and the funeral procession was joined by some 50,000 Muslims. Gandhi called Rashid "a brother, I do not even regard him as guilty of Swami's murder... he has left all the lessons of peace written in his blood".

In the face of betrayal or oppression, should not a people react normally, be neither sadist nor masochistic? An example would be the conduct of the people of Gujarat in the face of the Godhra carnage on February 27, 2002. Tit-for-tat, in Mohammed Ali Jinnah's words, no more no less, is a normal human reaction.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Ayaan Hirsi Ali's brilliant Op-Ed sometime ago in NY Times.. Thought I should post it here.

She raises some fundamentally important points . She says that unless muslims can put their conscience and compassion ahead of "Allah's Commands" , there cannot be a break with what is going on.

Of course N. Ram and others will never print it in Al-Hundi or The TOI (let), because it will puncture their double talk . ie. pretend that Islamic Extremism does not exist .. or is just some random "perversion" of "true" Islam (come on.. when did it matter what was actually preached in any religion.. what always mattered was how things were practiced by that religious community .) and some other lame half assed excuse to sweep honest debate under the carpet.. Until then, things will never turn the corner.

[quote]The New York Times
Printer Friendly Format Sponsored By

December 7, 2007
Op-Ed Contributor
Islam’s Silent Moderates
By AYAAN HIRSI ALI

The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication, flog each of them with 100 stripes: Let no compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. (Koran 24:2)

IN the last few weeks, in three widely publicized episodes, we have seen Islamic justice enacted in ways that should make Muslim moderates rise up in horror.

A 20-year-old woman from Qatif, Saudi Arabia, reported that she had been abducted by several men and repeatedly raped. But judges found the victim herself to be guilty. Her crime is called “minglingâ€
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sanku, I firmly believe that beyond tit for tat is doing the right thing is the best strategy in the Prisoner's Dilemma. Because instead of being a one shot game life is a repeated game and eventually it will dawn on the other player unless they have external stimulus that doing right thing is the best strategy.

Ayan Hirsi Ali is asking the impossible of the Muslims. If they show compassion then they submit to reason and that will finish them off as a politicial group. And for her lament about moderate Muslims, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. If he is a Muslim then he has to go by the book and the book does not have any scope for moderates.

This is where non-Muslims have to step in and enforce law and order to preserve the civilization and progress. Protecting Taslima Nasreen is a law and order issue (Zawabit) and that has to take primacy over Shariat.

There is nothing more ridiculous than the Hyd Mecca Masjid case and Sania Mirza. The violation is her entering the compound and not the inner hall. And she had to apologise or else there would be riots in Old Hyderabad.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Ayan Hirsi Ali is asking the impossible of the Muslims. If they show compassion then they submit to reason and that will finish them off as a politicial group. And for her lament about moderate Muslims, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. If he is a Muslim then he has to go by the book and the book does not have any scope for moderates.

Religious zealots used to burn women alive. They would tear out the eye- balls of those less religious than themselves, they would imprision those who expressed doubt about their god. They would routinely and periodically kill religious minorities amongst them. They would launch religious wars against non-believers, enslave them and sell their children into work.

But these Christians tend not to do that currently. There is no reason to lose hope.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

ramana wrote:The progress of civilization is such that the reformers become vested interests and keep the status quo. The DIE is now the vested interests and is interested in keeping the status quo which preserves their pre-eminence. Hence this supression of the periphery. The trajectory of history is that at this stage there are three options:

1) The whole setup collapses. Outsiders take over. Eg. Sassanid Iran and Byzantium etc.
2) The vested interests adopt the new reformers and the civilization carries on. British royalty.
3) The peripehry captures the center and a new age begins. Mahabharat und so weiter.
Thanks ramanaji for the Caroll Quigley's book link. Was wondering if one way to look at it is (I may be misspeaking since have not completed Caroll's book yet)
Are the DIE's settling for local maxima or less (Pl. see the link below)? The DIE's maynot have the stomach for global Maxima in the grand scheme of things. Are DIE more interested in preventing option 3 and would rather prefer option 1? Many actions such as approach to Nuclear deal etc., kind of points to such a compromise. Even stating plain truth that Islamism is Alien ideology is avoided. While blatant lies such as Aryan-Invasion-Theory etc., are peddled and tolerated.
Local and global maxima link:
http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog ... ing_l.html
Interesting to notice, comment no.2 to the above blog entry, who is using different models for their larger schemes.
Last edited by JwalaMukhi on 14 Dec 2007 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sanjay, What you write is true. However the Western Europeans went through- Renaissance, Reformation, Enlightenment, Positivism, Modernism, Marxism and are now at post Modernism. If you note all these happened in certain parts of Europe only and in different times. The early Renaissance started in Italy, Reformation in Germany, Enlightenment in France and England, Positivism and Modernism and later were all over Western Europe. Have you wondered why did the movements begin in part and peter out in that part? And why was the ball carried out in other parts of Europe? Basic to all these areas where these movements occured is that they were part of the pagan tribal culture which belived in not being dominated by others.

Recall Asterix.

I dont see any such trends in Islam. The movement in Islam was frozen when they got the Mongol shocks. Sufis ended up acknowleding the primacy of the Sunnah.

What ever progress they were making in adapting their dogma to local conditions got another jolt from the European colonialism.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

True, but Islamism does not need to do the hard work. That was done in Europe as you state, but those ideas that eventually culminated in secular humanism are a part of the world's intellectual heritage.

Of course some civilsations, such as India's, have an easier time. All the world needs do to prompt change in the Islamic world is to demand reciprocity. India is too weak and frankly too messed up by history to do so, the US constituition makes differential treatment of citizens illegal; the hope ironically comes from Europe that it will catalyse what we would see in the Islamic world.
csharma
BRFite

Post by csharma »

Story of Sohrabuddin as shown in a news channel in NCR area. It has some exclusive footage. Really damning.

There are six segments. I have put links to the first two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN6MK3eLdhA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVV3VRUB ... re=related
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

cross-posting from the Islamism thread....
shiv wrote:
SwamyG wrote:Look at the equal-equalitis from the article.
On the same lines, if you really want to know the depths to which dhim-wits will sink: One is Jaish-e-Mohammad" and the other is "Jaish-ri Ram"

There is now equivalence between violent followers of poobah and a revered Hindu God. Tit for tat is the only thing that will work under the circumstances. "You toucha my car, I smasha yer face"
shiv wrote:Tit for tat is the only thing that will work under the circumstances. "You toucha my car, I smasha yer face"
I was doing my teeny-tiny part of spreading awareness among relatives - all young and TamBrams - and somebody raised the "F" word - Fanaticism.

Some times I wonder what has happened to me over the years, I started out as way too rebellious and liberal. I am still, but over the years have realized ,when the rubber meets the road, the specific Hawks that are going to fight for all that I - the liberal - cherish. In the process did I become a Fundoo? Did negativity seep into me and am I now spreading venom into Young Hindu minds?

All the young wants to do, so it appears, is focus on cricket, naukri, new electronic gadgets, vacation, orkut, partying, Bollywood/Kollywood/Tollywood movies, nice time-pass, find jobs, earn money, help their parents and friends, just lead the normal life. How are they going to learn history? These days with internet it is not that there is not material out there, but if the young refuse to learn the history how are they going to face the future?

Or, did I become too paranoiac? Are the young correct in wanting to have their merry life without all the junjat around them from politicians and religious fundoos?

But then I think of Col. Jessep's words in the movie "A Few Good Men":
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Well I harbor no grandiose imagination and am not equating myself to Jessop, but then am I just rationalizing my behavior using that famous movie dialog?

Whatever be it, discussing in these forums is just one facet of tackling Islamism. What needs to be done is spreading of honest and straight information to "normal" folks.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SwamyG you have no doubt heard statements like You can go any direction you want, as long as it is South

The first half of the sentence suggests liberalism, while the second half lays down restrictions.

In a very interesting debate on the neo-cons - I can't recall if it was on here in BRF or elsewhere there was a lucid description of how attitudes can be controlled by restricting the "area of debate" to a limited domain, while allowing free debate and even opposition within that limited domain for "liberals". In other words the liberalism of the liberals is restricted to a particular area of discussion and not allowed to cross a boundary - so the liberals see themselves as liberals without even realizing that their liberalism is limited and they are blind to what lies outsdie the scope of allowed discussion.

Dhimmi liberals conform exactly to this paradigm. They believe they are totally liberal in their views, but they have been indoctrinated not to tread on certain paths, or to thread on some areas of debate with less readiness than others.

The best analogy I can get is that of a path from point A to point B with a tree in the middle of the path. The tree causes the path to split into two. If you place rocks, or even puddles, thorns or turds on one of the split paths, people will automatically choose the other path.

Trying to stop people from going on the "easy and clear path" is obstructionism. But it requires real effort by pioneers to re-create the path blocked by rocks/turds whatever. Someone has to go down that path, followed by more and more pioneers until a time comes when blocking the easy path will not be called obstructionism; instead people will merely step into the previously blocked path and move on.

The reason why liberals "focus on cricket, naukri, new electronic gadgets, vacation, orkut, partying, Bollywood/Kollywood/Tollywood movies, nice time-pass, find jobs, earn money, help their parents and friends, just lead the normal life" is because that is the easy path. It is painful, a mental hurdle to talk about having opinions on contentious issues. They take the easy path and avoid the contentious path.

But for those who enter the "contentious path" to explore contentious issues there is an unexpected second tree blocking the already difficult path.

In order to be truly liberal, one has to be equally ready to take the path on either side of the second tree blocking the contentious path.

But dhimmitude and fear of treading on toes puts hurdles in one of those paths, making it easier to take the other path, avoiding criticism of Islam, while fearlessly criticizing Hindus. So the dhimmi liberal, when forced down the contentious path again moves down the easy path of criticizing the Hindu and avoiding criticism of islam no matter what the provocation from the latter may be.

The point I am making is that there is a double hurdle to be crossed when discussing some things. the first is to raise the topic itself - a difficult task in a group that wants to talk Orkut/Bollywood. But once on that path, getting them to overcome their fears and showing to them that they are dhimmis, not true liberals is more difficult. Howevern 9-11 and a whole bunch of Talimaniac yahoos have made the job easier.

9-11, and the Taliban are self goals by Islam on a global scale. jaish e Mohammad, Lashkar e Tayeba, HuM. HuJI and SIMI are own goals by Islam in India. The advantage given to us by these self goals has to be utilised to the hilt.
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

shiv wrote:The point I am making is that there is a double hurdle to be crossed when discussing some things. the first is to raise the topic itself - a difficult task in a group that wants to talk Orkut/Bollywood. But once on that path, getting them to overcome their fears and showing to them that they are dhimmis, not true liberals is more difficult. Howevern 9-11 and a whole bunch of Talimaniac yahoos have made the job easier.

9-11, and the Taliban are self goals by Islam on a global scale. jaish e Mohammad, Lashkar e Tayeba, HuM. HuJI and SIMI are own goals by Islam in India. The advantage given to us by these self goals has to be utilised to the hilt.
Yes, they are own-goals and 'reformed' jihadists, ie, politically oriented Islamists have been shouting this message as loudly as they can since 9-11, or in the Egyptian (longest modern jihad) case, since 1997.

But this is the nature of the Islamist world - those with the most power will dictate the course of Islamist strategy to suit their needs, not necessarily that of the larger movement.

Around 2004 a consensus that emerge among those who spent most of their time looking at these things was that Al Qaeda's strategy since 1996-98 constitutes of creating and sustaining an insurgency on a global scale in order to remake the Middle East.

It seems highly likely that Musharraf following failure at Kargil in 1999 adopted a similar model of building and sustaining an Pan-India jihadist insurgency, which he has prioritised even over Kashmir.

These 'external' confrontations comes at a cost *particularly* in Europe and India where Islamists were using political and social pressure strategies. Islamists are placed in a no-win situation as societies slowly mobilise against Islamist ideology.

But this mobilisation is in effect *only* as long as the bombs keep going off, or threatening to go off. You take away the jihadis, and society will return to its usual dhimmified, or self-dhimmifying state to avoid internal social and political conflict.

But in the end, jihad is just too intoxifying, and Arab/Pakistani/BD politics and societies are too unstable to take the really smart route to domination.

When I look at the trend lines, in 50-75 years we will start having to worry about the soft Islamists again, as the flush of the Arab successes of the 20th century (decolonisation under nationalist pressure, oil & gas booms, etc) fade and the costs exceed the Arab world's ability to sustain such efforts.

That is when the threat will appear to be over, and Non-Muslim societies will happily de-mobilise and forget what it was all about. It has hapened so many times already.

There will never be any 'final victory' against Islamism and jihad. There can only be permanent efforts at vigilance, containment and value-centric assimilation.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

There will never be any 'final victory' against Islamism and jihad. There can only be permanent efforts at vigilance, containment and value-centric assimilation.
Maybe, maybe not.

At the local level at least, such a victory is within realm of possibility. Just like Nazism was defeated fully and finally, islam might endup getting 'banned' permanently in large swathes of the free world (in a broad sense == dar-ul-azadi), each ban reinforcing and feeding into the others. Someting tells me izlam will not rise easily up again in what is now Serbia (post Kosovo, IMO), for instance. I see no reason why a post civil-war EU and N America wont follow suit.

The impetus for such a ban can come only from a calamity sized self-goal by the izlamists - such as nuking a western (esp US) city.... something 9/11 didn't or couldn't do - be a pearl harbor of sorts for America.

Such a self-goal maynot be obliged by the izlamists due to lack of ability. It might just have to be made easy for them to perform such a self goal, so that the P5 can unite in indignation enough to do what it takes, defang izlamic countries of their WMD programs permanently and impose settlement terms in oil more favorable to themselves. OK, farout speculation happening, better stop now.

JMTs etc.
/Have a nice day.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Johann wrote:
But this mobilisation is in effect *only* as long as the bombs keep going off, or threatening to go off. You take away the jihadis, and society will return to its usual dhimmified, or self-dhimmifying state to avoid internal social and political conflict.
No Johann. This is the western view and Western dhimmification, if any, may reappear as you say once the bombs stop. In any case "Western dhimmitude" was never so gerat as to preclude any reaction, or even apology when hurt. Indians OTOH had forgotten the existence of life outside dhimmitude.

Indian dhimmification before 9-11 used to show up on these fora from time to time. There were dark accusations of the constant threat of violence. People would recount how a crowd would collect around you in a Muslim area if there was even the hint of a minor disagreement or even with no disagreement, pre-empting any dispute. There were anecdotes of stone throwing and window breaking after incidents in which those who suffered loss could have no bearing on the rioters actions.

These stories were contentious issues between dhimmis. Of course these were "false allegations" in a country where the Muslim minority were "deliberately being made to suffer" by the majority who hated them and were out to finish them off.

However Indian dhimmitude went to such great lengths that any Indian response to terrorism from Pakistan was dubbed a violation Muslim rights based on the logic "These Hindu right wingers hate Muslims and they show their hatred for Pakistan as a vicarious signal of their hatred for Indian Muslims, whom they feel should be eliminated or sent to Pakistan"

The West had no incentive to see Pakistan come in harm's way for various reasons, so anything that stunted Indian action against Pakistan was fine. And that included Indian dhimmi allegations that Pakistan was harmless and it was only the Indian "right wing's" mis-islamism that was trying to create the impresion that there is any problem at all.

Fortunately 9-11 changed all that. Once people woke up it became easier to show up the continuous "wailing wall" of grievances that Islam encourages that makes it easy to offend Islamic sensibilties by merely being present in the vicinity. And even since 9-11 we have seen dozens of bomb attacks in India in retribution for Babri masjid, and huge Indian crowds protesting and rioting and asking for the hanging of a Dutch cartoonist and some Indian crowds demanding that a known Islamist terrorist in India Afzal guru should NOT be hanged.

The dhimmitude that allowed this is now going and I do not foresee it returning when bomb blasts stop, because it was present even before the bomb blasts and the very idea that there is life outside dhimmitude was absent among a large percentage of Indians. That was why Hindus had developed the reputation of being pushovers, at least in Pakistani eyes.
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

Hi VS,

- What 'final victory' did Serbia win? How far is the Muslim world from Seria both within and without? If the Serbs were so confidant, why did Milosevich's narrative of Serbian victimhood become the cornerstone of Serbian nationalism in the 1980s?

- Nazism was a particular combination of anti-semitism, anti-marxism, and xenophobic expansionist German nationalism that appealed to the German masses after defeat in WWI followed by collapse, upheaval and humiliation.

It was no more than 25 years old when it collapsed - being German on the other hand at least in a cultural sense had a meaning that stretched back several thousand years. So it wasnt *that* hard to separate the Nazi and German identities.

On the other hand the Islamist ideas inherent to concepts like ummah and jihad are as old as Islam itself.

What we are talking about is people from Muslim backgrounds chosing to say I am a Muslim second, third, or even fourth. I am Javanese or Persian, or Iranian or Indonesian, a farmer, an engineer or just a human being first.

This is something that can happen in some places, perhaps even in the majority. But things can always change radically, even in a single generation, and Islam can all too easily return as *the* primary marker. It is too entrenched to disappear.

Shiv,

I dont doubt that the overall degree of dhimmitude will continue to gradually decline, as India moves further and further away from the era where Muslims dominated the state and the economy.

However you've looked at the social algebra, and teased out the corollaries - you suggest that 'Hindu Hawks' are a minority both among the total Indian population and the Indian Hindu population.

You have pointed out that 'Hindu Hawks' can win over 'Macaulayites' best by emphasising the threat that Islamist terrorism represents to rule of law and stability.

Do you really think that the majority of India's ruling elite will worry too much about Islamism if the bombs stopped going off?

The politicians have their electoral compulsions which only very large explosions tend to disrupt.

The comfortably off have their comfort. However annoyed they might be about the illegal loudspeakers on proliferating mosques they arent going to do much more than write letters that will be ignored. To do much more is to both threaten electoral calculations, and to invite violence that the state will not protect you from.

Terrorism is what arms people with the desire to tie the patterns of coerscion at the local and historical levels to the bigger question/narrative about the political culture/behaviour that seems to accompany Islam.

Without terrorism, it is so much easier to go along with 'Religion of Peace' rhetoric even in India.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Johann wrote: Do you really think that the majority of India's ruling elite will worry too much about Islamism if the bombs stopped going off?
This is an interesting question.

The way I have been looking at it is as follows.

India has literally had Islamist provoked bombs going off continuously since 1990 (It was wars with Pakistan before that)

In the early years there was failure even to acknowledge that these bombs were an assault against India. I am sure you know how shias whip themselves in a penance or a Hindu may decide to roll all the way to a temple in a form of penance.

Bomb blasts and terrorism in India from 1990 to 2001 were almost seen by Indians as "penance" - just punishment for mischievous Hindus who deserved this punishment for their bigotry and cruelty to Muslims.

Only after 9-11 when the West woke up from its lesser variant of dhimmitude did a whole lot of Indians even begin to acknowledge that they need not really consider continuous terror attacks as just retribution and deserved punishment.

I am talking about a changed mindset. Tongues that never wagged from dhimmitude are now wagging. Tongue wagging is no substitute for action where and when needed, but it makes a change from "see and hear no evil while you have evil done to you". As I see it this changed mindset is likely to have a fallout in communal relations, that could become better and less one sided.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

The economic factor will play an important role. The whiff of change in terms of prospects for the aam admi is being felt. Bleak and very few options and intense competition for that had put generations to have their thoughts revolve around roti, kapda and roof. Once, the basic amenities are met, entire generation will transition to middle class and people will begin looking into other aspects of life outside dhimmitude. The ELM will be the joke, as no amount of providing cover to islamism will stop the stench from being felt.

By the way, the arrangement where islamism needs to be contained and managed and no cure is forthcoming suits the west and is preferred by the west. It will not be wrong to say islam was sort of a reaction to its predecessor religion. So, it is preferable for the west to have islamism around as it makes the west look good and provides options.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Agree, Islamism can only now be addressed because India is able to withstand better the successor state to the conquerors of India. The chief reason is economic but also technological, soft power, democracy and a formidable military strength.

At 10 % growth, Islamists will be facing a $2 trillion economy in as short as 5-6 years, an economy no country will go out of its way to antagonise.

Indians will be more aggressive in exploring many other issues, including those of colonialism.