LCA is Named Tejas!!!

ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: LCA is Named Tejas!!!

Post by ramana »

Not necessarily. As TSP gets newer hardware and while the development program is still in process, it makes sense to ensure that the requirements get updated. To ascribe each change to potential corruption is not correct.
Prateek
BRFite

Post by Prateek »

Originally posted by AJames:
This is unheard of! Close formation aerobatics and very low level aerobatics at this stage of development. Must also be risky - no time to recover if there is a problem.
This also probably is a hint that the exact number of test flights out in public may not be the exact count. Perhaps lots of test flights are taking place behind the screen, which the DRDO/ADA/HAL do not want the public to know about this?

Anyway if the LCA, sorry the 'Tejas' can fly like in the Shiv's video clip, just after the 50 + test flights, then I have no doubt that the days are not far off for the Indians to see that, the Pakis will be forced to come to terms with India on the Kashmir issue, very soon buckling up under severe the pressure posed by the threat eminating from the Tejas ! :)
AJames
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AJames »

Hence the seeming docility of the LCA in earlier flights. It's just that much more complex.
Well what I saw in the .mpeg movie is amazing. During development flights it is unusual to do close formation aerobatics which is risky. Even more amazing is the very low level aerobatic maneuvers. When this is done in development test flights, it is normally done at high altitude so that if there is any problem develops in flight there is time to recover, eject etc. before the aircraft hits the ground. I have only seen the Eurofighter 2000, which was under development for much longer, doing similar maneuvers fairly recently.

Just wondering, was the movie clip part of an official release eg. for promotion purposes, or are they really testing like this it at low level?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Just wondering, was the movie clip part of an official release eg. for promotion purposes, or are they really testing like this it at low level?
Is BR not official enough?

JK.
Rudra
BRFite

Post by Rudra »

it was meant for PM and other VIPs. Shiv just
decided to drop in on the occasion.

Good work Shiv!
Prateek
BRFite

Post by Prateek »

If I am not mistaken, you are indirectly, questioning the authenticity of the Shiv's clip, and the ability of Indian techies !
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

IMHO 'tejas" sought of sucks i would prefer "rudra", besides the painting is'nt that good as well.

those are my thoughts :)
Raman
BRFite

Post by Raman »

Originally posted by m n kumar:
PV1 was supposed to be rolled out. Any news about it?
Good question --- haven't seen any of the news articles refer to it. Does anyone know if the roll-out was postponed, especially folks who were there? Shiv?
IMHO 'tejas" sought of sucks i would prefer "rudra", besides the painting is'nt that good as well.
:roll:
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Originally posted by rhytha:

***Sigh***.

Well, there has to be a first.

On the +ve side, it flies. And, very well at that.
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

I'm surprised that no one saw PV-1 in the news.It was parked next to the TD-1 and TD-2 when being inspected.The scheme is the same.
Tejas: A reality check
This snot eating scum vishal thappar has actually gone as far as to cut and paste paras from one of his earlier piece of crap article on the LCA.
Umrao
BRFite

Post by Umrao »

folks>> I didnt see any air to air refuelling receptical probe on LCA, Is it my sight? or it could be done at a much later stage?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Originally posted by John Umrao:
folks>> I didnt see any air to air refuelling receptical probe on LCA, Is it my sight? or it could be done at a much later stage?
Latter, latter. Need to nail the other stuff down - the stuff that makes it fly very well - first.

OTOH, fuel in Delhi and refuel in Islamabad? :D
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

Harry, were there any visual differences b/w the TDs and the PV?
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Originally posted by bansal:
Originally posted by nitin:
The ASR -for example even Army Staff Req. not AF- has been a constant source of friction for many other projects.The Arjun became a western type heavy tank from an upgunned Vijayanta,the Pinaka had to develop more "josh" and pinpoint accuracy at long range once revision got done,the INSAS LMG had to provide a high volume of fire while having battle rifle accuracy.....regrettably,these changes slowed the project till donkey's years or sometimes resulted in the successful end product being too expensive and radically different from what the present logistics were configured to handle(Arjun).
Nitin, I doubt if you was your intention, but this list clearly shows IA's tantrums and influence in Army HQ of retired generals becoming arms dealers. On the other hand IAF and IN have shown exemplary patience with their budgets or development projects reflected in what they'll get. Su-30MKI, LCA, Trishuls, Brahmos, Shivaliks, ATV etc.
No comments,Bansal sahab.The thread will get sidetracked. :)
But things have changed for the better in recent days re: coop b/w R&D and the Army-hope the the trend continues and in fact,accelerates.

Regards,
Nitin
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Tejas name is perfect; including its seedier side of it "semen".

LCA is the seed that has and will (in future) give birth to many weapons and hundresed of citical technolgical components. I.e. MCA, IHT and common technolgies from LCA that has been applied on MKI, Bison etc etc.

The brillience and the seed to future brillience. Tejas name is just so perfect. :)
bijeet
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bijeet »

Originally posted by Rajesh:
Originally posted by m n kumar:
PV1 was supposed to be rolled out. Any news about it?
Good question --- haven't seen any of the news articles refer to it. Does anyone know if the roll-out was postponed, especially folks who were there? Shiv?
:roll:
The rollout of the first PV did take place. Here is the link
Vajpayee also witnessed the rollout of the first of five new prototypes of the LCA at a ceremony here that was attended by Deputy Prime Minister LK Advani, Defence Minister George Fernandes, Karnataka Chief Minister SM Krishna, Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal S Krishnaswamy, top military officials and scientists.
Avid
BRFite

Post by Avid »

Originally posted by rhytha:

spell-checking sort of sucks too. :D

dude, how much more superficial can you get? what indeed is in a "name" and "color"
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

From Bijeet's link above
"The new LCA prototype rolled out Sunday will be lighter than the first two prototypes used for initial tests. Its airframe consists of more lightweight composite material than the earlier LCAs. "The (new prototype) will break the sound barrier to go into the supersonic phase very shortly," said V.K. Atre, the head of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

The prototype LCAs will be followed by the limited serial production of eight aircraft by state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited at a cost of about Rs.5 billion. "The LCA should be inducted into the IAF in 2008," Krishnaswamy told reporters on the sidelines of the ceremony. It will be armed with the indigenous ASTRA medium range air-to-air missile, close combat missiles and an integral 23mm cannon."

Post by Guest »

There is a video of both the AJT and the LCA on this page. Check it out!
Need Real player.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5810_0,0033.htm
AJames
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AJames »

quote:
Is BR not official enough?
quote:
If I am not mistaken, you are indirectly, questioning the authenticity of the Shiv's clip, and the ability of Indian techies !
You misunderstand. BR is official, but alas I fear not official enough for DRDO to arrange a special demonstration flight on behalf of, to allow the LCA to be filmed.

I am also not questioning the authenticity of Shivs movie clip.

I am wondering whether the movie clip was an extract from a DRDO promotional movie clip or whether the low level maneuvers were some sort of promotional show for VIPs or if the flights were part of the actual flight testing.

If "low level airshow maneuvers" are part of actual flight testing, then DRDO must be 100% confident about the handling and reliability of the LCA and it's flight control systems.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Originally posted by AJames:
Hey that clip was taken by me using a standard 8mm Sony analog video camera and the voices you hear are of me and my kids. If the jokers had thought of allowing me into the main display area I would have produced a better video than what was shown on at least 5 different TV channels - which I ended up recording later that evening.

Post by Guest »

If the jokers had thought of allowing me into the main display area I would have produced a better video than what was shown on at least 5 different TV channels -
Actually your video is better than the videos that those TV channels had.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Completely wrong name for a plane that is supposed to be the backbone of the IAF. We all know that it is 'light' as in LCA. Why burden it with a sissy name? Better to call it TEJ and leave the 'as' out.

I have been disturbed by the descriptions of 'so cute', 'angel' etc for our frontline fighter, something we hope will save our lives and protect our families. Jeez! Don't we have a universally acceptable Indian translation for something like 'spitfire'?

Also, it is dictatorial I think for the PM to name the plane himself, based on his poetic sensibilities. Specially in light of the flaccid record. It is not his plane. It is OURS. He had very little if anything to do with its development. There should have been an effort to involve all Indians in the choice.

This is the second time in less than a month that we have seen this seeming attempt to create a legacy. The last was the arrogant assertion that 'this is the last time that I will hold out my hand in friendship'. As if India depended on this guy alone for salvation. This is not a good sign.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Shiv's video is a fantastic record. I am really surprised not just by the aerobatic josh but also by the low level it was carried out at. One sequence showed the arrowhead almost go to ground level before shooting and banking straight up and left. Keeper.
Ashutosh
BRFite

Post by Ashutosh »

The naming could have been done the way it was done for the Chandra telescope.
member_4409
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_4409 »

By Shiv:
Hey that clip was taken by me using a standard 8mm Sony analog video camera and the voices you hear are of me and my kids. If the jokers had thought of allowing me into the main display area I would have produced a better video than what was shown on at least 5 different TV channels - which I ended up recording later that evening.

I totally agree with you sir. Your video is an excellent example of movie making. I saw that clip and I got so excited that I interrupted my wife’s soap opera moment. She said, “Baby, that thing is hauling a$$”. All in all very good video!
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

avid, i don't follow you :cool: , or "you with me or against me" just like to know. does'nt matter anyway :lol:
Himanshu
BRFite

Post by Himanshu »

What camo... other then the tactical grey would you like to have for LCA.. :) oops.. I mean Tejas..

Pick your choice..
http://www.arcair5.com/Gal1/901-1000/Gal933_Rafale_Camouflages_Aungst/Gal933.htm
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

I'd run with Tan Splinter and Sand schemes :)

And yes, a tri-colour scheme as well.
Himanshu
BRFite

Post by Himanshu »

I am thinking of doing all the camo schemes on the TEJAS.. with the help of one of my collegues..

If possible please give me a clean excellent image of LCA in 1024x768.. on which I can try out these camos..
Rudra
BRFite

Post by Rudra »

for some strange reason, my wife whos a BR-widow
likes these iaf videos and photo galleries I
show her sometimes.
Umrao
BRFite

Post by Umrao »

I watched I watched and I again watched Shiv guru's cam jam. It is as high quality as it can be.

On the side does shiv's cam has any tracking and locking device developed by BEL as nitin was saying somewhere.

The motion as smooth as a servo controlled tracking. Was it editing that made it so continous not dicrete jumps?

If its a trade secret dont reveal it.
Thanks one more time.

I do have a steady shot Sony but most call my camera skills jerk. :D
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Originally posted by John Umrao:

If its a trade secret dont reveal it.
Thanks one more time.
Hey thanks Jumrao. Mainly - its practice + clever editing. No secret.

Since you ask - maybe I will post a little bit of what I have discovered in the "photography" thread.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shiv, Finally got to see the video. Its awesome. Very good camera work. And the flight was great too!

I got to see a two minute clip on TVASIA English news on Saturday. It was nice but not as good as your video.
--------
Now that PV-I has rolled out, does anyone know the schedule for the others? And their configuration? PV-V was to be two seater trg version.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

gentlemen and laddies

Sanjay Simha from bangalore sends in another lot of picturs - so time to do the "sanjay simha zinderbaar (Hic!)" routine once again .

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/Tejas01.jpg

Click the above and you will see KH-2003

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/Tejas02.jpg

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/Tejas03.jpg

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/Tejas04.jpg

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/Tejas05.jpg
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

More downloads for wall paper .....

Sanjay brilliant picutres.. especially two of them. Tesjas02 .. where the birds are taking off and tesjas05 the pilot climbing in.
vverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vverma »

zindabad
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

My fav is the one with the pilot getting in. The Tejas looks really agreesive from that POV. In the last pic one can also make out the VIP Mi-8 the PM used.

Also, shiv, would you be willing to take requests for putting up larger versions of those pics?
Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

I shall HIC to that!
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

A distictive visual difference b/w the PV and the TDs is that the PV has additional equipment in the vertical tail plane, near the top.