So far the information I have got from the media is
1. HAL is in talks with BAe to make a Combat Hawk for export
2. The plane will leverage the strengths of BAe and HAL and have modern avionics and some wing modification to create an attack/CAS aircraft for the export market
3. This is a HAL/BAe idea. IAF has nothing to do with it. The IAF has shown no interest
The information I have got from BRF is
1. HAL should stop thinking about anything else and deliver on LCA
2. Combat Hawk is a useless idea and IAF should not use it
3. Even export customers will not like it
4. Export customers will not like it because...
5. Here is a long list of aircraft that are cheaper and better for others to buy rather than HALs idiotic idea..
What is really fascinating is that here an Indian PSU is collaborating with BAe thinking of export. And everyone on nationalistic BRF is bashing it down with every excuse possible under the sun!
That is really fascinating. Just thinking - what are people thinking? To me it looks like trying to cut off one's nose to spite one's face is not a Pakistani prerogative.