Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by ramana »

Every teardrop will be avenged : Modi

https://indianexpress.com/elections/mah ... 7232/lite/
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

ramana wrote:Peregrine, I want screenshots or images of your famous rice mixdt with mice schidt post.
Need to make it go viral on SM to cut down Pak exports.
ramana Ji :

AAP KI SEVA MEIN PRUSTOOT HAI :

Haji Laka Mauda and Haji Chadder Moad,

Hera Pheri Trading Co.
235, Sharea e Faisal
Karatchi
Pakistan

We refer you to our Agreement for Two parcels auf 5000 Tonne each auf Rice vich you haf sent Two Times by 25 Kontainers each time unter Bill Auf Lading No. HPTC-GuRHm GmbH 003/2010 und Bill Auf Lading No. HPTC-GuRHm GmbH 004/2010

"Deez two shipments auf rice ve got from you vas mitt mice schidt mixt. Der rice vas gut enuff, but der mice schidt schpoils der taste. Vee did not see der mice schidt in der samples vich you sent us.

We hav checked mitt our trading department and dey konfirm dat in der agreement to import rice from ur kompani if it is agreed to send rice mitt mice shidt mixt but dey are not finding any mention of Mice shcidt must to be mixt mitt der rice

It takes too much time to remuf der mice durds out from der rice. Vee order kleen rice and you schipt mice schidt mixt mitt der rice.

Vee like you to schip us der rice in vun sack und der mice schidt in annoder sak, and den vee mix to soot der kustomer.

Pleaz to understand ve haf had to clean der rice to remuf dor mice schidt for vich we have to employ German cleaning mans and German cleaning vomans vich pepuls be very costly. Vee now haf all der rice in vun grup of bags and all der mice schidt in odder grup of bags

Pleaz write, if ve shud schip back der mice schidt und keep der rice vich we have asked und paid fur or to keep der mice schidt vich we haf not asked fur und schip back der rice vich ve haf paid fur, or schip back der hold schitten verks.

Pleaz note dat we haf sent der mice schidt vich was mixt mitt der rice to Der Labor für Güteprüfung in Hamburg who Konfirm dat dis mice schidt in der rice contains kurry vich meanz dat dis mice schidt is from Pakistan Mices and not German Mices.

Ve vant to do ridt in dis matter budt ve do not like dis mice schidt business.

Hans Grubber Von Schlong-Zwei Nuttenberg

Getreide und Reis Handel Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Winterstraße
22765 Hamburg

Copy : ------- und -------- Gmbh, Hamburg

Copy : ------- Grain Brokers Ltd., London

Copy : ----Association, London

ramana Ji : Please advise which Social Media you are posting this Letter! Thanks in Advance.

Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 17 Feb 2019 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

SudeepJ and chetak great analysis . Agree with most of what u say. Just one random thought sudeepJ if by a miracle India can locate the storage sites of ALL shitistan nuclear warheads and destroy them by ANY means Indian armed forces are ready to completely destroy shitistan today and not next decade I believe. But of course this is extremely difficult to pull off. In the next decade what is likely to change is that even if we can not locate these 100% we are putting in place systems (S-400, anti BMD, others) to defend ourselves against the delivery systems of nuclear warheads (ballistic missiles, aircrafts, cruise missiles ).
Last edited by Suresh S on 17 Feb 2019 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ramana wrote:Folks when balloon goes up I want best behavior. Don't report each other out of holier than thou attitudes.
We don't to ban any one.
Thanks for cooperation.
Vande Mataram
And Josh and hosh high saar.
I hope you're right and the balloon does indeed go up. IC814, parliament attack, Mumbai attack, and the various attacks in J&K have all been too much to stomach by the Indian people. It is time to end this and let energetic neutrons do what they need to.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Twitter for sure.
Lilo or anyone can you put on FB and post the screenshot!

https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/1 ... 23424?s=19
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Y I Patel wrote:I have to disagree on Gen Panang - his politics may not be everyone's cup of tea and I am willing to give him that for what he did as a military leader. For example his leadership as Brigadier after Kargil and his groundbreaking work in deploying Mech Infantry/Armour in high altitudes. He has a fine military mind but is an abrasive maverick.
With due respect to him, I am sure there are many others like him in terms of operational excellence. However, very few constantly disparage their own side on the basis of politics. Pathankot, Uri, revealing ops sensitive info..just not done or acceptable IMHO. I recall once the Chachro raid coming up in a veterans discussion only to be shut down with, we dont discuss ops details. And here we have generals releasing details on planned ops which could remain relevant, to downplay the surgical strikes.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Y I Patel wrote:I have to disagree on Gen Panang - his politics may not be everyone's cup of tea and I am willing to give him that for what he did as a military leader. For example his leadership as Brigadier after Kargil and his groundbreaking work in deploying Mech Infantry/Armour in high altitudes. He has a fine military mind but is an abrasive maverick.
his politics are opportunistic and self serving.

not done for a general of his capabilities.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1096755533070004226
I am amazed how we all missed this, see at 2:45 onwards. Modi outlines who will be punished.
"Bandook pakdaanewala ho ja bum dene wala ho" = Pak Army/ISI
Bandook chalane wala/Bum dalne wala=Jaish
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Reliance Foundation offers to take responsibility of families of martyred CRPF jawans
NEW DELHI: Reliance Foundation on Saturday said it is ready to assume full responsibility for the education and livelihood of the families of the CRPF personnel killed in the Pulwama terror attack.

"As a mark of our gratitude to the martyrs, Reliance Foundation expresses its readiness to assume full responsibility for the education and employment of their children, and the livelihood of their families," it said in a statement.

Reliance Foundation further said its hospital is ready to provide treatment to the injured jawans.

"We shall also deem it to be our duty to shoulder any other responsibility the government may place upon us in service to our beloved Armed Forces," it added.

Reliance Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries.

As many as 40 CRPF jawans were killed in the terror attack in Kashmir's Pulwama district on February 14.

Apart from this, Apollo Hospital offered to treat free injured troopers of the CRPF who survived the terror blast near Awantipora in Kashmir.

"We offer to treat the CRPF troopers injured in the terror attack till recovery and rehabilitation at any of our hospitals across the country," said Apollo Hospitals Chairman Prathap Reddy in a statement.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Pulwama Attack

Post by Peregrine »

US NSA backs India’s right to selfdefence against attacks - Chidanand Rajghatta, Sachin Parashar

WASHINGTON/ NEW DELHI: The Trump administration on Friday virtually green-lighted punitive Indian measures against Pakistan for the Pulwama terror attack, saying it “supported India’s right to selfdefence against cross-border terrorism”.

US national security adviser John Bolton spoke to Indian NSA Ajit Doval twice on phone following the attack to offer condolences and express support, using a phrase that reads like an open-ended term that allows New Delhi to fashion its answer to the Pakistani provocation.

In a statement, Bolton has explicitly called on Pakistan to “crack down” on Jaish-e-Muhammed- the Pak-backed terror outfit that owned up the Pulwama attack- and all terrorists operating from its territory. Bolton said he expressed condolences to Doval for the “reprehensible terrorist attack on India” and added that all countries must uphold the
UNSC responsibilities to deny safe haven and support for terrorists.

A coordinated covert operation response, including drone strikes to take out UN designated terrorists, has long been a desired objective in some quarters, but Washington has been reluctant to sign on to the idea, while signaling it will have no problem if India wants to take such measures.

The US government’s support goes beyond endorsing India’s right to self-defence or retaliatory action, and extends to assistance at diplomatic and intelligence cooperation in the Pulwama terror case. The US has promised to work with India in removing obstacles in getting Jaish chief Maulana Masood Azhar sanctioned as a global terrorist by the UNSC. Azhar has escaped sanctions due to China’s persistent block in the council.

The fairly unequivocal backing from the US at a time when India has been concerned about Pakistan’s role as a conduit for US in talks with Taliban is a boost for New Delhi’s campaign against Islamabad. It can further firm up India’s resolve for retaliatory action against Pakistan for the attack on CRPF troopers.

Bolton not just supported, according to an Indian readout, India’s right to self-defence against cross-border terrorism but also promised to work with India in getting Azhar sanctioned by the UNSC. TOI had reported on Saturday that US will soon hold dialogue with India on terrorist designation with focus on Azhar.

The Indian release on the Bolton-Doval conversation said, “Ambassador Bolton supported India’s right to self-defence against crossborder terrorism. He offered all assistance to India to bring the perpetrators and backers of the attack promptly to justice.” The statement added that the “two NSAs vowed to work together to ensure that Pakistan ceases to be a safe haven for JeM and terrorist groups that target India, the US and others in the region”.

The US response to Pakistan’s terrorist attacks has moved a long way from counselling restraint to both parties, which was the norm in the 1990s, to outright citing and condemnation of Pakistan and its terrorist policies, evident in Islamabad’s reluctance to roll up UN-designated terrorists such as Lashkar-e-Taiba’s Hafiz Saeed and JeM’s Masood Azhar.

By continuing to allow the terrorists a free run in Pakistan, Islamabad is effectively in violation of its UN obligations, and Washington indicated it would also back any Indian move on the bureaucratic front to hold Pakistan to account before the international community.

“They (the two NSAs) resolved to hold Pakistan to account for its obligations under UN resolutions and to remove all obstacles to designating JeM leader Masood Azhar as a global terrorist under UN Security Council Resolution 1267 Committee process,” MEA statement said.

Bolton, in fact, rewrote a milder State Department statement on the Pulwama attack. The NSA, a known hawk on security issues, held Pakistan responsible for the attack, overriding a state department call for “all countries” to uphold their responsibilities pursuant to the UN Security Council resolutions to deny safe haven and support for terrorists.

The State Department subsequently echoed the White House’s tough stand, with secretary Micheal Pompeo, who had been travelling, tweeting: “We stand with #India as it confronts terrorism. Pakistan must not provide safe haven for terrorists to threaten international security.”

Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 17 Feb 2019 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

ok I accept what you say, and this is not the right time to get off on a tangent on him. So let me step away from defending him, to discussing the his revelations.

He revealed that there was a plan to capture some 30 areas on LoC spread across the entire expanse of the disputed line. This is a pretty long LoC and the 30 identified targets could easily be part of a much, much larger set of equally attractive candidates. And what will Pak Army do about it? Reinforce their posts along LoC beyond the extensive deployments that already have along the LoC? That will raise their cost of defending every inch even more than what is already, which is in my mind a good thing.

In any case, even without the revelation, this has been an option actively promoted by Indian hawks with full awareness of the risks involved. So all I feel the revelation does is keep the idea alive and relevant. It is a marker of what could be done if India is angry enough, as was the case after Kargil when Gen Panang himself was authorized to capture additional territory in the Chorbat La area. As a rough analogy, BJP of Vajpayee time had nuclear option in its manifesto, but no one believed them. All Indian Army is doing is signaling through its chosen spokesmen that this is an option it strongly favors. Then it is up to the political leadership to make the call.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

Peregrine wrote: Bolton not just supported, according to an Indian readout, India’s right to self-defence against cross-border terrorism but also promised to work with India in getting Azhar sanctioned by the UNSC. TOI had reported on Saturday that US will soon hold dialogue with India on terrorist designation with focus on Azhar.

Sounds like empty words.

US role will be to get China in a position to veto his extradition again - for purposes of diplomatic gain.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Pakistan rice packed as 'Mahatma' rice

https://twitter.com/OrcHunter_007/statu ... 8554484736

Available in all big stores. #BoycottPakistaniGoods
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Neshant wrote:
Peregrine wrote: Bolton not just supported, according to an Indian readout, India’s right to self-defence against cross-border terrorism but also promised to work with India in getting Azhar sanctioned by the UNSC. TOI had reported on Saturday that US will soon hold dialogue with India on terrorist designation with focus on Azhar.

Sounds like empty words.

US role will be to get China in a position to veto his extradition again - for purposes of diplomatic gain.
Makes no sense why they'd do that
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

How about retaking Haji Pir?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

disha wrote:How about retaking Haji Pir?
didn't we give it back to them once before??
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

On Operation Kabaddi: This was to capture 25 posts on LoC that IA identified to capture; this operation was about to be executed but events of 11 Sept. 2001 intervened. In these 17-18 years, we did not find circumstances to execute these plans to take over these 25 posts? That's odd.

On TSD: I read a lot about IA's TSD. This was some kind of electronic intel gathering unit of the IA. Wound up as it was caught up in Gen. V. K. Singh's controversy. Now, how difficult it is to restart the unit, men, equipment to eavesdrop on paki/terrorist chatter? Quietly. If this helps us in staying ahead/on the top of pakis, maybe, we can avoid Uri, Pathankot, Phulwama type events.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Y I Patel wrote:Capturing and retaining land along LoC has long been pushed by the Army in particular as the best option for retribution - it is a constant, visible, and undeniable reminder of the price Pakistan will have to pay for supporting terrorism. Unfortunately it has been trotted out after every serious event since the 90s and the continued use of this threat without follow up has, if anything, caused loss of credibility.

My standard practice is to not make any posts advocating a particular option during such sad and emotionally charged occasions, but I will confess that I will be extremely disappointed this time if this tragedy does not receive some measure of recompense through actions that directly and severely hurt and humiliate Pakistan Army.
The Indian Army captured Siachen in 84, yet it did not cause the Pakistani elite to lose any sleep or bluster. In fact, they united as never before and attacked India in an unprecedented proxy war. While realigning the LoC makes it easier to block infiltrators, it is not a body blow to the primacy of Pakistani Army in the affairs of Pakistan, unless its also accompanied by significant destruction of Pakistani Army capabilities.

Whatever happens, it must be public, it must be spectacular, it must be humiliating, and it must cause the Pakistan Army to lose capabilities.

War is postulated by peaceniks as an option between good and bad.. But in reality, its presents the sovereign options that are all bad. May be, the LoC adjustment, a short border war is what Indian decision makers pick. But it wont change the nature of the PakJabi state/establishment.

PS: When attacking a snake, you dont hit its tail. You cut off its head.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Dubai has built an alternative airport the al-maktoum international with tremendous underutilized capacity. If pakistan blocks its airspace as retaliation, we can explore options for re-routing all western air traffic via dubai.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Haji Pir bulge is strategic but same effect of blocking infiltration routes can be achieved through a much less ambitious salami slice. An added disadvantage of Haji Pir bulge in its entirety is that now the population has grown significantly and the challenge of assimilating them should not be taken lightly. Much better to capture dominating heights along ridges and not just in the bulge region. And I don't want to get into this but there are far more impactful pieces of real estate that can be captured and retained while actually lowering the expense for India of defending the LoC and beyond.

Finally, this is a nicely scalable option - it does not have to be capture of the entire Haji Pir bulge for example, it can be a handful of strategic locations in that area. If there is another serious attack, more could be done later. This is retribution that grows in impact with repetition, and they can't respond to it like they do to surgical strikes - i.e. by temporarily closing camps and reopening them later. Even better, this exposes their impotence in standing up to an assault by India, and forces them to really pay for their actions.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Siachen wasn't captured from Pak. It wasn't occupied by either country and the boundAry was vaugue leading both countries to claim it. Even then they have been trying very hard for it in multiple ways to avenge, including Kargil.

On the other hand taking back territory currently occupied by Pak will be a major body blow for them. They will never give up trying to get it back. It will make them look incompetent, meek and weak in front of the whole umma against kufur India.

It would be the best way to degrade their capabilities for proxy war.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Y I Patel wrote:Haji Pir bulge is strategic but same effect of blocking infiltration routes can be achieved through a much less ambitious salami slice. An added disadvantage of Haji Pir bulge in its entirety is that now the population has grown significantly and the challenge of assimilating them should not be taken lightly. Much better to capture dominating heights along ridges and not just in the bulge region. And I don't want to get into this but there are far more impactful pieces of real estate that can be captured and retained while actually lowering the expense for India of defending the LoC and beyond.

Finally, this is a nicely scalable option - it does not have to be capture of the entire Haji Pir bulge for example, it can be a handful of strategic locations in that area. If there is another serious attack, more could be done later. This is retribution that grows in impact with repetition, and they can't respond to it like they do to surgical strikes - i.e. by temporarily closing camps and reopening them later. Even better, this exposes their impotence in standing up to an assault by India, and forces them to really pay for their actions.
Brilliant. We don't need to worry about assimilating the population. Find out those willing to change allegiance to India and keep them after verifuing. The rest, drive them out to rest of PoK. Ban media and Internet from there and be firm. Things will work out.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Indian Army's capture of Siachen was the greatest source of humiliation for Zia ul Haq. Benazir taunted him incessantly on his inability to recapture it. Victory in Siachen has been a huge positive for India and one that Pakistan has needed to continually try to downplay or reverse. If publicized prominently, capture of even a small tract of limited strategic consequence will have an amplified moral impact.
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

Y I Patel wrote:Indian Army's capture of Siachen was the greatest source of humiliation for Zia ul Haq. Benazir taunted him incessantly on his inability to recapture it. Victory in Siachen has been a huge positive for India and one that Pakistan has needed to continually try to downplay or reverse. If publicized prominently, capture of even a small tract of limited strategic consequence will have an amplified moral impact.
Not Zia, but Brig. Musharaff, later Gen and President of Pakistan

Its believed that Musharaff's revenge led to her death too
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

We should fund Freedom Fighters of Pakistan and Organise help to them from all three directions of India, Iran and Afghanistan.

We should impose punitive custom duties on Chinese imports because China is a major lever against Pakistan.
We can easily impose duties on low tech non essential Chinese import. This duties are not only essential to send a message to China but also essential to save our economy from heavy Chinese dumping.

Any overt war will unite the Muslim world against India and given opportunity to Pakistan to revive its Geo political position and economy.

There was a period during UPA when everyday their was a bombing in Pakistan. Kahan gaye vo din?
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Y I Patel wrote:Indian Army's capture of Siachen was the greatest source of humiliation for Zia ul Haq. Benazir taunted him incessantly on his inability to recapture it. Victory in Siachen has been a huge positive for India and one that Pakistan has needed to continually try to downplay or reverse. If publicized prominently, capture of even a small tract of limited strategic consequence will have an amplified moral impact.
Even if I agree to what you are saying about 'humiliation', the years from 84-2002 were the worst for India.. Zia was cemented in power in those years. Yes, the Russian invasion helped him, but another extra regional power is making its way in south Asia today and that will have its own effects.

imHo, taking a few posts on the LOC to make infil-exfil more difficult will be a tangible change, but it cant deter the war that Pakistan is planning to unleash. Also, if we are going to change the LoC, also change the border in Punjab and get Kartarpur at least.
ManuJ
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ManuJ »

India's release of terrorists like Maulana Azhar in Kandhar during NDA regime was our biggest strategic defeat in recent times.
One that the country is still paying for with the lives of our brave soldiers.
That they have been allowed to live and thrive all these years after their release is utterly shameful.
This govt. needs to redeem itself by killing off Azhar and all the other heads of this poisonous serpent.

The way to sow fear in terrorists' hearts is not by eliminating a few 'ground workers' or by capturing some remote piece of land in POK.
It will only make them scream louder and allow them to gather more zealots.
We have to kill the decision makers, the maulanas, mercilessly and repeatedly until the thought of heading one of these terrorist organizations makes them wet their pants.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

ManuJ wrote:India's release of terrorists like Maulana Azhar in Kandhar during NDA regime was our biggest strategic defeat in recent times.
That they have been allowed to live and thrive all these years after their release is utterly shameful.
This govt. needs to redeem itself by killing off Azhar and all the other heads of this poisonous serpent.

The way to sow fear in terrorists' hearts is not by eliminating a few 'ground workers' or by capturing some remote piece of land in POK.
We have to kill the decision makers, the maulanas, mercilessly and repeatedly until the thought of heading one of these terrorist organizations makes them wet their pants.
Exactly.. when you attack a snake, you cut off its head, not tickle its tail. Tickling the tail will only piss off the snake even more without getting us much in return.

This is not to say that stamping on its tail is not the right thing to do at this time. May be it is.. But cutting off the head needs to happen at some time in the future, perhaps 10-15 years from now.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

I am afraid, if political Islam is not seen to suffer a spectacular defeat, we will end up destabilizing Indian society itself.

https://twitter.com/Girishvhp/status/10 ... 6629663745
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Lilo wrote:Is there a link between Jaish -e-Mohammed & Jaish al-Adl (which claimed responsibility for the terror attack which killed 27 Iranian Border Guards on the same day of Pulwama attack?)

My instinct was that Pakis were demonstrating to the visiting Saudi head their capacity to strike Iran.
Lilo ji, Jaish-al-Adl is nothing but Jundullah.

This is where it gets murkier. TSP, being a whore, has CIA as a client and Iran accuses Jundullah as a CIA-cum-ISI frontend. Quite possible, with support also from KSA & UAE. In that milieu, a big attack on Iranian Guards on the eve of MBS's visit is understandable.

Of course, both Jundullah and JeM are Sunni Hanafi Deobandi and are backed by Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman. Both are extremely focussed, Jundullah on Iran and Jaish on Kashmir. Jundullah has been attacking the Revolutionary Guards (frequently using IED & VBIED) and JeM, IA & CRPF through largely fidayeen attacks.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Raveen wrote:Why don't we start by ending the Wagah border tamasha everyday
Reduce diplomatic ties to consular level
Stop overflights
And if needed game plan with Iran to attack from both sides - I mean we also have an air base in central Asia iirc
I have said this several times before and unfortunately have to say it again. We overfly Pakis about 100:1 as much as they overfly us. They don't have a civil aviation industry to speak of. Stopping overflights will only hurt us.

What we can do is to "suggest rather strongly" to airlines to avoid Paki airspace. There are some sectors where it is viable to avoid Paki airspace; others where it is not. For instance, Delhi-Gulf can easily skirt Pakis, whereas Delhi-Europe and Delhi-Americas skirting Paki will lead to huge range/fuel/weight penalties.

Now if Pakis block their airspace to us, reciprocal action is useless because they fly in total about 10 flights a week over India. We will need to escalate - we say that all handoff from Paki airspace to Indian airspace is blocked and vice versa. This will hurt everyone, including those flying Gulf-China, or Europe-Singapore. They will divert away from Paki airspace but will in all likelihood not be able to avoid India, hurting Paki forex.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ManuJ wrote:India's release of terrorists like Maulana Azhar in Kandhar during NDA regime was our biggest strategic defeat in recent times.
In the Indian context, it is better to finish off such terrorists within the jail itself as early as possible or ensure that they suffer irrecoverable damage of vital organs so that they are debilitated and meet a natural end even if they are released under any circumstance.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

SSridhar wrote:
In the Indian context, it is better to finish off such terrorists within the jail itself as early as possible or ensure that they suffer irrecoverable damage of vital organs so that they are debilitated and meet a natural end even if they are released under any circumstance.
If you were Chinese you would say that unfortunately prisoner X got addicted to cough syrup and ham sandwiches, and died a painful death which we couldn't prevent despite the best care. Liquidate the terrorist and his legacy in one stroke.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

There was a period during UPA when everyday there was a bombing in Pakistan. Kahan gaye vo din?
Just proves that RAA had nothing to do with those, the pakis were doing it to themselves. Just as RAA has ***NOTHING*** to do with anything happening in Balochistan for past 20 years. Not that anything has been happening, or is there a news blackout in Balochistan? No inflations/ vaccum bursts being seen?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

yensoy wrote: If you were Chinese you would say that unfortunately prisoner X got addicted to cough syrup and ham sandwiches, and died a painful death which we couldn't prevent despite the best care. Liquidate the terrorist and his legacy in one stroke.
Some Russian tech transfer may be needed. But I beg to disagree with Sridharji. I think Azhar (like Salahuddin of Hizb-Pakistan) is used as a figurehead, the real culprits are (always) the PA. For all u know, Azhar may in fact be bed-ridden and useless; hardly in a position to direct intricate operations. It is 19 years since Dec. 1999. So killing Azhar and Salahuddin would be irrelevant acts, not worth risking Indian lives or Indian agints' lives.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Gyan wrote: Any overt war will unite the Muslim world against India and given opportunity to Pakistan to revive its Geo political position and economy.
This makes no sense. US has been at war with multiple muslim countries Iraq, Libia, Afghanistan, Syria but no muslim countries ganged up against them. China has effectively banned Islam and forces Uighurs to eat pork on Fridays and no muslim country even dares to issue a statement against it barring Turkey (Uighurs are ethnic Turks).

No muslim country will dare to condemn India the rising global economy and powerhouse. Some like Afghanistan and Bangladesh will openly side with India hurting Puki ego even more.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

sudeepj wrote:

Exactly.. when you attack a snake, you cut off its head, not tickle its tail. Tickling the tail will only piss off the snake even more without getting us much in return.

This is not to say that stamping on its tail is not the right thing to do at this time. May be it is.. But cutting off the head needs to happen at some time in the future, perhaps 10-15 years from now.
you know one thing snakes absolutely hate apart from cutting off it's head. It is pouring/sprinkling kerosene on the snake. It burns through its skin like anything.

A snake uses oily coating on its skin to slither and move, kerosene displaces this oil and makes it painful for snake to move and it also dissolves the oil on its skin resulting in what can be related in humans as a burn wound.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

With all due respect, it is important to not lose perspective and do anything foolish: I mean as individuals, not the national/ authorities level. In another week this attack will have disappeared from the news. Indian counter-attack may be best done with no publicity at all. All said and done, this horrible attack was no worse than Kaluchak, where the worms shot babies carried in their mothers' arms. Or the attacks in front of the Kashmir Assembly, where they first exploded one bomb, then waited until rescuers had gathered for the bigger blast. That happened just before the abortive attack on Indian LokSabha, so it was immediately forgotten. Then there was Nov. 26-27, 2008. And blasts on trains in Mumbai. The list goes on and on. "This time it is Modi" does not change the realities that the military has to find a plan that makes sense and is feasible without too much loss. The LOC is heavily defended; major military bases etc are heavily defended. And just bombing some slum does nothing useful.

Has the Indian public REALLY decided that it is time to end the Pakistan Problem, despite the fear of newclear weapons? And of china? Only then will the Indian govt really go and do what is needed to end Pakistan. I don't think there is such a change. Yet. Most Indians have forgotten even Kargil.

OTOH, the Mice Schidt letter, re-done for the Twitter Age, is priceless.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Actually the worst SNAFU was where two boatloads of CRPF/ other Indian jawans were massacred by Naxals in central India some years ago,