Pulwama Attack

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by Karthik S »

PaytmVerified account@Paytm
Follow Follow @Paytm
More
We are humbled to share that we've now received more than ₹10 Crore in contributions for CRPF Welfare Fund from Paytm users across India! @crpfindia #SupportOurForces

Let's keep going
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

schinnas wrote:
Gyan wrote: Any overt war will unite the Muslim world against India and given opportunity to Pakistan to revive its Geo political position and economy.
This makes no sense. US has been at war with multiple muslim countries Iraq, Libia, Afghanistan, Syria but no muslim countries ganged up against them. China has effectively banned Islam and forces Uighurs to eat pork on Fridays and no muslim country even dares to issue a statement against it barring Turkey (Uighurs are ethnic Turks).

No muslim country will dare to condemn India the rising global economy and powerhouse. Some like Afghanistan and Bangladesh will openly side with India hurting Puki ego even more.
I dont think any Muslim country will go against us as long as we are importing oil from them but they will show TSP as victims and provide financial aid which is what TSP wants. Maybe that could be the purpose of this attack as modi being a election year will be forced to react. But if we dont have any other option and go to war with TSP then we should not let them with out changing the LOC in Kashmir to our advantage and maybe also make Kartarpur ours which will be really humiliating for them
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Y I Patel wrote:Simplest solution to Kartarpur shenanigans is to capture some territory along the LoC and announce that publicly. Let Pak Army play peacemaker after that if it can.
Better yet, just take the corridor and claim it as India's historical territory for maintaining the inalienable right of Sikhs to the historical location.

Thank the TSP army for being so accommodating.
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Our PM says, Jawans would decide the punishment for culprits !! ( I am unable to understand this logic though). The Authorization for the BIG action need to come from the GOI. I feel he is in a better position to decide. If left to the Tri services, then it could be another surgical strike like thing, which may not accomplish much, more importantly will not deter the Porki army/ISI/GOP from doing mischief's again. :eek:

Pulwama terror attack: Jawans would decide the punishment for culprits, says PM Modi
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

There is no greater opportunity, better international environment, and excellent justification today for crossing the ceasefire line and re-take Muzzafarabad in PoK, use Israeli sold drones to bomb Azhar, and abolish Art 370 by a stroke of a pen
Subramanian Swamy's
‏Verified account
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

before taking any punitive retaliation via air. It is important to re-route all air traffic from N. India to gelf, europe & USA/Can via Nagpur->dubai->xxx.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Prabu wrote:Our PM says, Jawans would decide the punishment for culprits !! ( I am unable to understand this logic though). The Authorization for the BIG action need to come from the GOI. I feel he is in a better position to decide. If left to the Tri services, then it could be another surgical strike like thing, which may not accomplish much, more importantly will not deter the Porki army/ISI/GOP from doing mischief's again. :eek:

Pulwama terror attack: Jawans would decide the punishment for culprits, says PM Modi
To me it means that the forces have been told to do what's necessary. Timing is up to them.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It is the political leadership who dhoti shivers not the army. What he is saying is that the army has been given political clearance.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Amber G. wrote:
There is no greater opportunity, better international environment, and excellent justification today for crossing the ceasefire line and re-take Muzzafarabad in PoK, use Israeli sold drones to bomb Azhar, and abolish Art 370 by a stroke of a pen
Subramanian Swamy's
‏Verified account
I thought about hitting Azhar and others like him with drones and other stand off weapons but the difficulty in it is most of them are sitting inside mosques, it will create a wide outrage even inside India. Hitting them is possible only with meticulous human intel when ever he comes outside to attend a public meeting or something like that. Hitting them at a public meeting in full public view will be the best option but the rats have to come out of the hole first
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Peregrine wrote:US NSA backs India’s right to selfdefence against attacks - Chidanand Rajghatta, Sachin Parashar

WASHINGTON/ NEW DELHI: The Trump administration on Friday virtually green-lighted punitive Indian measures against Pakistan for the Pulwama terror attack, saying it “supported India’s right to selfdefence against cross-border terrorism”.

US national security adviser John Bolton spoke to Indian NSA Ajit Doval twice on phone following the attack to offer condolences and express support, using a phrase that reads like an open-ended term that allows New Delhi to fashion its answer to the Pakistani provocation.

In a statement, Bolton has explicitly called on Pakistan to “crack down” on Jaish-e-Muhammed- the Pak-backed terror outfit that owned up the Pulwama attack- and all terrorists operating from its territory. Bolton said he expressed condolences to Doval for the “reprehensible terrorist attack on India” and added that all countries must uphold the
UNSC responsibilities to deny safe haven and support for terrorists.

A coordinated covert operation response, including drone strikes to take out UN designated terrorists, has long been a desired objective in some quarters, but Washington has been reluctant to sign on to the idea, while signaling it will have no problem if India wants to take such measures.

The US government’s support goes beyond endorsing India’s right to self-defence or retaliatory action, and extends to assistance at diplomatic and intelligence cooperation in the Pulwama terror case. The US has promised to work with India in removing obstacles in getting Jaish chief Maulana Masood Azhar sanctioned as a global terrorist by the UNSC. Azhar has escaped sanctions due to China’s persistent block in the council.

The fairly unequivocal backing from the US at a time when India has been concerned about Pakistan’s role as a conduit for US in talks with Taliban is a boost for New Delhi’s campaign against Islamabad. It can further firm up India’s resolve for retaliatory action against Pakistan for the attack on CRPF troopers.

Bolton not just supported, according to an Indian readout, India’s right to self-defence against cross-border terrorism but also promised to work with India in getting Azhar sanctioned by the UNSC. TOI had reported on Saturday that US will soon hold dialogue with India on terrorist designation with focus on Azhar.

The Indian release on the Bolton-Doval conversation said, “Ambassador Bolton supported India’s right to self-defence against crossborder terrorism. He offered all assistance to India to bring the perpetrators and backers of the attack promptly to justice.” The statement added that the “two NSAs vowed to work together to ensure that Pakistan ceases to be a safe haven for JeM and terrorist groups that target India, the US and others in the region”.

The US response to Pakistan’s terrorist attacks has moved a long way from counselling restraint to both parties, which was the norm in the 1990s, to outright citing and condemnation of Pakistan and its terrorist policies, evident in Islamabad’s reluctance to roll up UN-designated terrorists such as Lashkar-e-Taiba’s Hafiz Saeed and JeM’s Masood Azhar.

By continuing to allow the terrorists a free run in Pakistan, Islamabad is effectively in violation of its UN obligations, and Washington indicated it would also back any Indian move on the bureaucratic front to hold Pakistan to account before the international community.

“They (the two NSAs) resolved to hold Pakistan to account for its obligations under UN resolutions and to remove all obstacles to designating JeM leader Masood Azhar as a global terrorist under UN Security Council Resolution 1267 Committee process,” MEA statement said.

Bolton, in fact, rewrote a milder State Department statement on the Pulwama attack. The NSA, a known hawk on security issues, held Pakistan responsible for the attack, overriding a state department call for “all countries” to uphold their responsibilities pursuant to the UN Security Council resolutions to deny safe haven and support for terrorists.

The State Department subsequently echoed the White House’s tough stand, with secretary Micheal Pompeo, who had been travelling, tweeting: “We stand with #India as it confronts terrorism. Pakistan must not provide safe haven for terrorists to threaten international security.”

Cheers Image

I believe going by nature of USA and their levels of hypocrisy all those statements are for general public and media consumption only. Only to pacify dhimmi deshwasi who care about what murikka said or what chimpanzees at UN said.

Just like Mumbai attack Inside close doors USA must be playing its own game and trying to desist India from any firm retaliation.
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Lets hope so. We need nothing less than COLD START, and hold Territory.

In first blistering attack, we need to SILENCE THEIR DEFENSES. We need to take out the nuke piles, Missile storage, take out ALL Radars, Anti aircraft defenses, ISI Head quarters and all Porki Pigs head quarters in one go, Then control the Porki Air Space, we can have a 'free run' in AIR & LAND & enter through the SEA as well. Parallel Attack and Naval blockade by INS. Re-capture POK, Free Baluchistan and break Porkistan in to 3 or 4 pieces.

Am I asking too much ? DIL MANGE MORE ! :)
Last edited by Prabu on 17 Feb 2019 11:18, edited 2 times in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

long periods of defeatist media and spineless political conditioning and lack of knowledge have conditioned the indian public to believe that cashmere is some impossible terrain for military ops and that stolid defensive positions and limited sallies is all that is feasible in those wooded hills.

that was exactly the thought of trained military minds on allied side in 1940 also, and then in 1944 despite being proven badly wrong in 1940! people just do not want to believe what they dont want to believe.

1940 - the german 2nd army under von runstedt comprising *45 divisions* including 7 panzer divs broke through the wooded hills of ardenne while german ops in north belgium harassed and tied down the belgian and french army. this formation included a host of luminaries a star cast really - kleist, rommel, list, kluge, hoth....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Group_A
It was responsible for breaking through the heavily-forested Ardennes region. The operation, which was part of Fall Gelb (Case Yellow), was resoundingly successful for the Germans, as the army group outflanked the best troops of France and its allies, eventually leading to France's surrender.

and this was repeated in 1944 but they ran out of fuel and fell victim to allied air superiority before crossing the meuse river

---

instead of empty chai point level talk of taking a few hills here and there, if we really want to scare the pakis we need to invest in the right kind of resources for such gotterdamerung zahr null (year 0, twilight of the gods) kind of warfare.
- crushing weight of heavy artillery
- LO drones
- civil construction equipment
- airborne divisions not batallions soviet VVD style.

of all countries its north korea under the Kims which has internalized this. the old soviets did it too, equipment only 50-75% as good as the NATO lines but "web scale deployment" and deep magazines of reserve gear dating back to WW2 even. and minus the US help they can still crush western europe by virtue of their deeply religious, well armed and hard fighting society.

sitting around nitpicking with our thumbs up our backsides finding tiny flaws in tejas, dhanush, ATAGS to delay induction in NUMBERS , while lusting for tiny numbers of gori chamri M777 is not going to get us "there" from "here"

I feel a lot of the top leadership of armed forces are caught up in the European middle age knights mentality - they are professional warrior class, they know whats best, they shall fight with honour and sound the bugle, they know how to make egg-nog and use forks and spoons properly in finest english traditions and we dont, and the country owes them resources to live their warrior and chivalrous lifestyle, engage in jousts and stylised ritual combat, march off to the occasional crusade or two with fellow knights in full shiny armour.

again it boils down to the political leadership doing the right goal setting and finding the right people to reform all thats wrong in this mentality.
it only took some beatings by the mongol hordes in eastern europe to show that knightly ways do not really win wars or suit national objectives.
the US army has somehow long internalized merit and effectiveness over empty pomp and style. their generals and colonels dine in the same hut with canteen grade packed food not white cutlery. they do not even have a republic day/bastille day parade. they learnt hard lessons in various wars.

the best way to deal with a rogue rapist is to put him down ourself. if it means sacrifices, reorgs, so be it....if not we, then our children can enjoy a better env.

its upto us to shed the tag of a pathetic pompous flabby heavyweight with a lightweight punch. nobody will take our threats seriously until we inflict pain as matter of routine.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Primus wrote:
Manish_P wrote:
Can you pls. recheck

The official websites of Syndicate bank and the Army Veterans associations do mention it

These links take you to a pdf, not the actual bank account or a website. The Army Veterans link is 'not secure'. So it is a bit difficult to accept it as genuine.
It has a banner (the first one) on the home page of the Syndicate Bank website

https://www.syndicatebank.in/english/home.aspx

And here are the articles in some news outlets

Army welfare fund no hoax, says Defence Ministry

Yes, Army Battle Casualties Fund Exists, But Not To Buy Weapons
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

From what I am seeing in social media and reportage, this is a Nirbhaya moment. It may not have been the worst atrocity, but it is what broke the camels back. People are mad beyond words. The govt. must act or it will destabilize Indian society, discredit leadership and so on. India must act. Kashmiris who were seen celebrating etc. are being bajaoed nicely. I havent seen the sickulars running as scared as they are now. Govt. must act, or people will take things into their own hands.

And it shouldnt just be some pin prick on Pakistan. I dont think they will be able to fool anyone by bombing some empty huts. I can understand if we dont have the capability today.. In that case start with taking off the pampers put on the Kashmiri musalman. Salay jawai ban ke baithay hain. 370/35A, trifurcation of the state..

Too much Indian blood has been spilled in Kashmiri soil for the assholes there to tell the rest of Indians that they are not 'state residents'.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

sudeepj wrote:From what I am seeing in social media and reportage, this is a Nirbhaya moment. It may not have been the worst atrocity, but it is what broke the camels back. People are mad beyond words. The govt. must act or it will destabilize Indian society, discredit leadership and so on. India must act. Kashmiris who were seen celebrating etc. are being bajaoed nicely. I havent seen the sickulars running as scared as they are now. Govt. must act, or people will take things into their own hands.

And it shouldnt just be some pin prick on Pakistan. I dont think they will be able to fool anyone by bombing some empty huts. I can understand if we dont have the capability today.. In that case start with taking off the pampers put on the Kashmiri musalman. Salay jawai ban ke baithay hain. 370/35A, trifurcation of the state..

Too much Indian blood has been spilled in Kashmiri soil for the assholes there to tell the rest of Indians that they are not 'state residents'.
Indeed
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

J&K withdraws security of 5 separatist leaders, including Mirwaiz Umar Faroo

-Ankit
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

sudeepj wrote:From what I am seeing in social media and reportage, this is a Nirbhaya moment. It may not have been the worst atrocity, but it is what broke the camels back. People are mad beyond words. The govt. must act or it will destabilize Indian society, discredit leadership and so on. India must act. Kashmiris who were seen celebrating etc. are being bajaoed nicely. I havent seen the sickulars running as scared as they are now. Govt. must act, or people will take things into their own hands.

So True ! Agree 100 %.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

I don't get it. What's stopping India from bombing terror caves in PoK and Gilgit? It's not same as declaring war on Pak, right

Aren't we No. 4 in military might? If we can't crack down on terror camps on our own territory then what use these ranks have . Is it some unwritten rule that we shouldn't bomb terrorists? It's third day already.

We need to normalize use of airstrikes in war on terror. We have satellite surveillance, drones, missiles.
Last edited by syam on 17 Feb 2019 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Ankit Desai wrote:J&K withdraws security of 5 separatist leaders, including Mirwaiz Umar Faroo

-Ankit

I expect these 5 jokers are taken out in 5 separate incidents including road accidents :D
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Ankit Desai wrote:J&K withdraws security of 5 separatist leaders, including Mirwaiz Umar Faroo

-Ankit
Source please ?
TIA
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

How you can donate online to help the families of martyred crpf personnel via sbi upi or internet

https://m.gadgetsnow.com/slideshows/pul ... frmapp=yes
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Private cos seeing the public mood are forced to punish haramkhor employees who were seen celebrating the attack

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 021935.cms
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Last edited by Prabu on 17 Feb 2019 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Prabu wrote:Our PM says, Jawans would decide the punishment for culprits !! ( I am unable to understand this logic though). The Authorization for the BIG action need to come from the GOI. I feel he is in a better position to decide. If left to the Tri services, then it could be another surgical strike like thing, which may not accomplish much, more importantly will not deter the Porki army/ISI/GOP from doing mischief's again. :eek:

You can take it to the bank that there WILL be mischief's again if we stop short of destroying bakistan in its present form and *probably* even after that too when you have a 200+ million population fed on a steady diet of hate, jihad & jannat.

Do not raise your expectation so high that any action will fail in contrast. The idea is to bring home with interest to the backers the substantial cost and pain of such acts and perhaps make them back off for a few years.
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

pankajs wrote:

You can take it to the bank that there WILL be mischief's again if we stop short of destroying bakistan in its present form and *probably* even after that too when you have a 200+ million population fed on a steady diet of hate, jihad & jannat.

Do not raise your expectation so high that any action will fail in contrast. The idea is to bring home with interest to the backers the substantial cost and pain of such acts and perhaps make them back off for a few years.
Well said and agreed. Entire nation looking forward to "raising the cost of such attacks to Porkis" !! Let us see what happens.
pushkar.bhat
BRFite

Post by pushkar.bhat »

The only thing that hurts Pakistan is when they lose strategic depth. Does not matter which border this event happens. It sure will hurt them. If we want to avenge #Pulwama #26/11, #Uri, et al then focus on that single objective. Rest all is tactical.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

There is something lacking in the mentality of the average indian when they actively clamour for "raising the cost" for the enemy as if this were a raid or a skirmish of stealing cows from the days of yore and not war.
You burned our men?
Well now we will go into your territory and annihilate yours.
That is not war, but a turn based game with the turn coming to us now.
Burning their fields, poisoning their water, spreading disease and pestilence, now that is war. You could exterminate the locality where the lad was from and cull the neighbouring areas to send the message, and that would be the action of fight, not this pusillanimous "raise cost and kill x and avenge y".
What we have here is a board game and two apparent players are trading turns, war would be taking a sledgehammer to it and shoving the playing pieces up the enemies arse.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^

Then be prepared to be disappointed.
pushkar.bhat
BRFite

Post by pushkar.bhat »

ricky_v wrote:There is something lacking in the mentality of the average indian when they actively clamour for "raising the cost" for the enemy as if this were a raid or a skirmish of stealing cows from the days of yore and not war.
You burned our men?
Well now we will go into your territory and annihilate yours.
That is not war, but a turn based game with the turn coming to us now.
Burning their fields, poisoning their water, spreading disease and pestilence, now that is war. You could exterminate the locality where the lad was from and cull the neighbouring areas to send the message, and that would be the action of fight, not this pusillanimous "raise cost and kill x and avenge y".
What we have here is a board game and two apparent players are trading turns, war would be taking a sledgehammer to it and shoving the playing pieces up the enemies arse.
:rotfl: I wish this forum had a like button.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pushkar.bhat wrote:The only thing that hurts Pakistan is when they lose strategic depth. Does not matter which border this event happens. It sure will hurt them. If we want to avenge #Pulwama #26/11, #Uri, et al then focus on that single objective. Rest all is tactical.
Again, "hurt" will not get you the results that you desire i.e. freedom from attack from across the border for ever.

As "ricky_v" so eloquently put it, this is just like make a chess move waiting for your opponents next move. This is not talking the sledge hammer to the game board.

Let me postulate further, even after smashing the chess board you are left with 200+ million pieces to deal with each of whom is a potential *disrupter of peace* fed on a steady diet of hate, jihad and jannat. Do you see that the game doesn't get over by merely smashing the board? What's going to be your next move?

You see why there is no *foolproof* solution else Iraq, etc would have been pacified long back.
Last edited by pankajs on 17 Feb 2019 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

I repeat again - what's stopping our forces from killing terrorists on our own territory.

Let me list out the monsters under the bed,

1. Pakis have nukes, they will harm us big if we do any overt actions against terror.
2. Human rights orgs will screw us.
3. International community will screw us.
4. Domestic Muslims will cause civil war if we push the issue too far.
5. Our economy will collapse.

We need to check if these monsters really exist or everyone just fooling us.
Last edited by syam on 17 Feb 2019 13:08, edited 3 times in total.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Before all the grand plans, at least drop a 250 kg on a PA position on LOC.

The more we wait, the more time Pak get to plan response.

US will ask Pak to put Masood inside, until the election is over. Will we bomb Lahore jail then?

As usual we will have egg on our face..
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Pulwama bomber was detained six times in less than two years
he 20-year-old Jaish operative was held on suspicion of provding logistical support to LeT on four separate occasions,but he was released without charge each time.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

What I fear for sir, is that our actions are predicated on the enemies' move
Year 202x,massacre of yhundred people by the hands of the pakis.
End result:" You have the political permission to use arms and ammunitions till your honour feels avenged by hunting training dummies, you might even kill some shadow puppets."
That is what we are heading for down the line; I have no doubt that the GOI will retaliate but only up to a certain point where "honour" feels avenged. That may even be our SOP in the years to come, they kill ours and we retaliate, preferably heavily.
But that just means that it is a game, and no means of winning it the traditional way. This would be entering a new era of normalcy but in a heightened state. What is needed is killing of their population the slow way, as the world in now polite, by means of drugs, diseases etc.
As for iraq, us could have done better/worse if it acted like the unchained beast that humans are; alas/better for all, they respected human rights up to a point.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

former director general of the ISI, Asad Durrani & former President and four-star army general of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf.

https://twitter.com/Hardism/status/1097014274566819840
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

What I would really like to see is a dozen or so black ops 'liquidation units' roaming around in TSP. To be activated at 24 hours' notice and be able to hit targets who are constantly under surveillance for such a situation. Around 10 such high profile disappearances will spread chaos among the elites and make them think twice about such misadventures. Not easy to do at all.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

There was stone pelting on Injured Jawans after the blast , Army cordoned off the area

https://twitter.com/GappistanRadio/stat ... 5065191425
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

The answer to the following question gives the state of our mentality:
Are the people mad because soldiers have been murdered,
OR are they mad because the pakis have made a move?
See, I believe it is the second option that is prevalent amongst the masses; its not our protectors were killed, but rather those pakis have done something that has resulted in the death of our people, and our competitive nature just cannot digest this fact; hence all the sword brandishing about "raising the cost", not identifying the root cause and eliminating it.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

"Pakistan Will Pay High Price": Iran Condemns Suicide Bombing On Its Soil

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/iran-co ... topstories

27 Revolutionary Guards were killed in the Iran suicide bombing
Iran warned that Pak would pay a heavy price for harbouring terrorists
Pakistan has denied backing terrorists
Iran warned neighbouring Pakistan on Saturday it would "pay a heavy price" for allegedly harbouring terrorists who killed 27 of its elite Revolutionary Guards in a suicide bombing near the border earlier this week, state television reported.

Revolutionary Guards chief Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari also accused Tehran's regional rival Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates of supporting terrorist groups that attack Iranian forces, saying they could face "reprisal operations."

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE deny backing such terrorists.

"Why do Pakistan's army and security body ... give refuge to these anti-revolutionary groups? Pakistan will no doubt pay a high price," Jafari said in remarks live on state television.