Pulwama Attack

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by pankajs »

ArjunPandit wrote:
pankajs wrote:^^
True .. therefore I keep to what I *think* is doable. I do not dream for "aar paar ki ladayi" with bakistan at this stage.

Heck, there are folks who are talking of taking China on over Phulwama.
not sure where you are reading that, but china has to be managed in this too. Regardliess of official GOI position, China's stakes in this great game are real. Ignoring that would be ignoring the real witch brewing the magic potion and only focussing on potion
Heck, some pointed out the US and Saudi angle too if not a direct hand ...

Bite more than you can chew at a time and you are liable to get indigestion. Take small bites and chew well ... there is no rush while we are on the Up and up.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

pankajs wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote: Ignoring that would be ignoring the real witch brewing the magic potion and only focussing on potion
Heck, some pointed out the US and Saudi angle too if not a direct hand ...

Bite more than you can chew at a time and you are liable to get indigestion. Take small bites and chew well ... there is no rush while we are on the Up and up.
Reread the bolded part, else, we always have pakis to look up to tactically brilliant strategically....We are not discussing australians or greenland people. The parties mentioned have a legit interest in this game. Did you see brits being mentioned?
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Brahma Chellaney
@Chellaney
·
6h
Wuhan has served as a cover for Xi to kill two birds with one stone. While encouraging Modi's overtures to help instill greater Indian caution to challenge China, Xi has begun a major military buildup against India. Chinese exports have also flooded India.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Chellaney/st ... 9047840770

My solution to Pulwama Terrorist Attack by China is to kill two birds with one stone. Occupy PoK.

On one hand, we can put an end to the question of disputed nature of Kashmir, and on the other hand, kill CPEC when it has not yet got operationalized.

India can watch China unravel to it's natural equilibrium of Han China (43% of land mass it currently controls).
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Offtopic, but there is a case every day on SM of someone from arab countries escaping their families and appealing for asylum or they will be get killed if they go back, both guys and girls.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ArjunPandit wrote:
pankajs wrote: Heck, some pointed out the US and Saudi angle too if not a direct hand ...

Reread the bolded part, else, we always have pakis to look up to tactically brilliant strategically....We are not discussing australians or greenland people. The parties mentioned have a legit interest in this game. Did you see brits being mentioned?
If we are into rereading lets start with my original post.
ArjunPandit wrote:
pankajs wrote:^^
True .. therefore I keep to what I *think* is doable. I do not dream for "aar paar ki ladayi" with bakistan at this stage.

Heck, there are folks who are talking of taking China on over Phulwama.
not sure where you are reading that, but china has to be managed in this too. Regardliess of official GOI position, China's stakes in this great game are real. Ignoring that would be ignoring the real witch brewing the magic potion and only focussing on potion
I was making a point on "taking China on over Phulwama" or not as was being suggested by some. It is a very specific thing that I was talking of and not China's influence in our backyard in general either in Bakistan or elsewhere.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

TKiran wrote:My solution to Pulwama Terrorist Attack by China is to kill two birds with one stone. Occupy PoK.

On one hand, we can put an end to the question of disputed nature of Kashmir, and on the other hand, kill CPEC when it has not yet got operationalized.

India can watch China unravel to it's natural equilibrium of Han China (43% of land mass it currently controls).
First part about "Occupy POK" is an option.

The 2nd highlight is confusing. POK is critical to CPEC is not in doubt but what I am confused on the "operationalized" part. Do you mean to imply that Bakistan/China will NOT fight over POK when CPEC is "not yet got operationalized" BUT will fight once it is operationalized?

This is specially crucial to understand in light of your next line "India can watch China unravel to it's natural equilibrium" just based on denial of POK. IF that is the case and you know it then the Chinese must know it.

Logically then, China should "fight to the finish" with India with all they have got over POK no matter if CPEC is "operationalized" or not and not watch India/you/me "watch China unravel to it's natural equilibrium of Han China".
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Pakistan will be very happy as they don't need to pay China, without Pakistan China can't fight India.

Why India, China can't fight even "jijubi". Jijubi is a small nation of your imagination.

China can't fight because of sun Tzu. Sun Tzu says you should not fight, but only occupy vacant land and put defensive fortifications, if someone comes to retake that land then use the advantage of your fortifications. This is what happened in 1962.

Because they could not fortify Arunachal Pradesh they retreated back to Lhasa, even after occupying.
Last edited by TKiran on 21 Feb 2019 18:27, edited 2 times in total.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

New24 channel reporting about intelligence input of JeM planning a Pulwama style attack on Army convoy in Kashmir in a green military vehicle probably a green scorpio. This time with 500kg rdx .
AL Bak Fauj is itching for a fight and will force Modi to enter the ring or lose in GE2019.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

occupying POK is not a wave of a magic wand or as easy as tweeting :)

in other news the head of the PLA @ doklam time has been jailed for life on graft charges. so all their top generals make some side money, but his fall from grace in 2017 amid doklam could be due to going behind Xi's back to start doklam or some such misdemeanour. Xi had to lose face and look weak when india did not back down from his flag waving manchu red bannermen :twisted:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 093782.cms
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

TKiran rants on "losing" at Doklam are remarkably similar to Baki anal-ysts who froth and fume to this day that Bakis won the Kargil war.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

If you see the three pigs who holed up in Pulwama, they fought till the end and they died due to brain haemorrhage. You can see the blood oozing out of their noses. All three of them. That means they were very high value targets as they would have spilled the beans of China indulgence if caught alive.

In some movie I saw, this is (brain haemorrhage) possible when someone activated an implant which could trigger the haemorrhage. It's a sophisticated operation not possible for Pakistan to conduct. China is complicit.
Last edited by hnair on 21 Feb 2019 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warning issued
Prashanth_R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Prashanth_R »

In whole Doklam issue China is one which made irresponsible comments, videos and became big joke in whole world. India maintained silence most of the time and stick to its official line. At the end of day everyone knows that status quo is maintained.

Its Modi's way of dealing business talk less and keep opponent guessing
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

If we take filmi action as truth .. we are already in the Matrix.

The joke is on you saaru. WHy do you do this to yourself. Go to sleep saar .. it is too late for you.
Last edited by pankajs on 21 Feb 2019 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

Looking at the situation - let me use an analogy from american football- Modi (QB) is waiting for defense (pak) to jump the line of scrimmage and cause them penalty. I.e., its a game of who will blink/lose patience, i don't think we will attack, we will force generails to attack or do something really stupid for us to retaliate hard. See the pressure we are building and kujli it has caused the pakis... reading from Rudra, ramana and Krinan ji assessments i am still not clear what was end objective of attack? Just khujli to prove one up?
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

TKiran, a warning given for attempted comedy. You are asked to desist posting in this thread or face action
Prashanth_R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Prashanth_R »

TKiran wrote:If you see the three pigs who holed up in Pulwama, they fought till the end and they died due to brain haemorrhage. You can see the blood oozing out of their noses. All three of them. That means they were very high value targets as they would have spilled the beans of China indulgence if caught alive.

In some movie I saw, this is (brain haemorrhage) possible when someone activated an implant which could trigger the haemorrhage. It's a sophisticated operation not possible for Pakistan to conduct. China is complicit.
I think this will be possible in only movies. IF this implant exists to do above task, that implant need a receiver and power supply to keep it active which need more place in head to install it. Most important thing we can find it in Post Morton and Everyone knows pakis dont have this high technology.

Instead its very easy and cost effective for China to request pakis to brainwash these pigs more and give cyanide capsule
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

pankajs wrote:If we take filmi action as truth .. we are already in the Matrix.

The joke is on you saaru. WHy do you do this to yourself. Go to sleep saar .. it is too late for you.
Reminds me of another popular theory that was making the rounds in BRF a few years back. That Unkil is about to come and take away TSP's nooklear assets which are about to fall into taliban's hands. We were predicting the exact date of the operation. Those were fun times. :D
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

UBji is telling me on Endgame thd that this is true. Sometimes I wonder if believes in it or just wants to make fun of us. Either ways it is fun
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Rumours flying around in FB that IAF has struck some targets around Sialkot.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

deleted.
Last edited by Karthik S on 21 Feb 2019 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

why this gent should be opining on such matters, especially now, that he has retired was puzzling me. He was being quoted all over the paki media.

But, seek, and ye shall find the answer, and indeed, find I did.

ANI Verified account @ANI

Congress President Rahul Gandhi to set up a Task Force on National Security to prepare a vision paper for the country. Lt Gen DS Hooda (retd) to lead the Task Force and prepare the paper in consultation with a select group of experts.

4:58 am - 21 Feb 2019

Pulwama explosives obtained locally, says Indian commander

Pulwama explosives obtained locally, says Indian commander

Anwar Iqbal
February 17, 2019

WASHINGTON: “It is not possible to bring such massive amounts of explosives by infiltrating the border,” says an Indian military commander, Lt Gen D.S. Hooda.

India blames Pakistan for Thursday’s suicide bombing in Pulwama that killed over 40 soldiers in India-held Kashmir. Pakistan has strongly rejected the Indian claim, urging New Delhi to avoid such “sad and baseless knee-jerk reactions”.

The Indian media reported that the suicide car-bomber Aadil Ahmad Dar used more than 750 pounds of explosives against the military convoy he targeted.

India’s options for putting diplomatic pressure on Pakistan are limited, so are its options for a military response, says report

Gen Hooda, who commanded the Indian army’s Northern Command during a similar crisis in September 2016, told The New York Times on Saturday that “the material may have been taken from stashes of explosives” being used to broaden the Jammu highway where the attack occurred.

The newspaper also noted that India’s options for putting diplomatic pressure on Pakistan were limited, so were its options for a military response.

“Pakistan is largely shielded by its alliance with China, which has used its veto power at the United Nations Security Council to protect it,” said the NYT report while explaining why India did not have too many options for diplomatically isolating Pakistan.

“India’s options for a military response are also limited, analysts say, with the disputed border blanketed in thick snow and Pakistani troops on high alert,” the report added.

Diplomatic observers in Washington pointed out that the United States will also not like to isolate Pakistan, particularly now when it’s playing a key role in US-Taliban talks. A semi-official US media outlet, Voice of America, reported that American and Taliban officials are set to meet in Islamabad on Monday for a new round of direct peace negotiations aimed at paving the way for a political settlement to the war in Afghanistan.

The NYT report also hinted that the bomber might have been motivated by domestic reasons to carry out the attack.

“The nature of Thursday’s bombing suggests the insurgency is adapting and becoming more homegrown, leaving observers to question how deep the links to Pakistan really run,” the newspaper observed.

It pointed out that Dar was from a village about six miles from where the Indian convoy was struck ... and the explosives he packed into his car appear to have been locally procured.

The report noted that “an insurgency that was once stoked by Pakistan may have taken on a life of its own, as Kashmiris become more disenfranchised and angry at the central government in Delhi and its use of force”.

Some of Dar’s friends told NYT that he turned to militancy after he was wounded at a protest in 2016, where his leg was struck by a bullet fired by the Central Reserve Police Force, a paramilitary unit. “Many Kashmiris loathe the paramilitary unit, viewing it as an occupying force recruited from across India to suppress them,” the report added.

It also noted that the attack had “prompted new questions about how tenable (Prime Minister Narendra) Modi’s hard-line strategy” in Kashmir was.

India has about 250,000 armed forces in Kashmir, making it one of the most militarised corners of the world. “The armed presence affects everyday life for most locals, whose farmland, homes or schools are overshadowed by the military presence,” NYT added.

Yet, a former White House adviser on South Asian affairs, Joshua White, warned that India could pursue “a limited military action, more useful for catharsis than deterrence”.

“The sad reality is that until and unless Pakistan itself makes a decision to stop harbouring groups like Jaish-e-Mohammad, there is little that India or the United States can do to diminish the threat of these devastating attacks,” he said.

Marvin Weinbaum, the senior most scholar of South Asian affairs in Washington, noted that the ruling party in India was in trouble and therefore “it could see a strong retaliatory action as a way to mustering support”.

Michael Kugelman, Woodrow Wilson Centre, Washington, said: “How exactly India responds will depend on how much risk it’s willing to take on if it chooses to escalate.”

Mr Kugelman also identified some non-military actions that India could take, such as cutting off diplomatic ties with Pakistan or revoking the Indus Waters Treaty.

Published in Dawn, February 17th, 2019
vivekmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivekmehta »

Dilbu wrote:Rumours flying around in FB that IAF has struck some targets around Sialkot.
Can't say. I believed Rivers will flow from sky before any planes will go in.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

shravan wrote:'Water Flowing To Pakistan Will Now Be Used To Nurture Yamuna,' Says Union Minister Nitin Gadkari In Another Step To Corner Pak
https://www.republicworld.com/india-new ... corner-pak
Build dams, divert excess water, hum yeh karenge, woh karenge yada yada yada are all fine, well into the future :roll: As of today,

1. cancel meetings of India paki Indus commissioners, till further notice.
2. transfer the Indus commissioner and keep the position vacant, till further notice.
3. stop sharing hydro-logical data (water levels in the dams, inflows into the rivers in the catchment areas, volume of water (cu secs) in each river/tributary etc) with pakis, till further notice.

How many of these steps are not doable? :evil:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

naird
BRFite

Post by naird »

Dilbu wrote:Rumours flying around in FB that IAF has struck some targets around Sialkot.
No such thing has happened. Pure rumours. Also did not come across any such tweet activity
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

News18 reporting that Pak Army evacuating villages on its side of border expecting some big action soon. Beds in military hospital in pakistan are being made vacant for possible casualties.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Singha wrote: in other news the head of the PLA @ doklam time has been jailed for life on graft charges.
Another small step in the development of roads in the Gobi desert. That single item shows what happened a Doklam. Could someone trace back to 1963 and see how many area commanders of the PLA in the Himalayan misadventure, likewise went to Le-Education camps? Or encountered accidents where they stood in front of a target?
We need to seriously rebut the Hystery on "India lost in 1962". Land area in remote places beyond the mountains, yes, but casualties, I think it was an utter disaster for PLA as UBCN was first to report.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

they heard sonic boom of 2 f16s!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

UlanBatori wrote:
Singha wrote: in other news the head of the PLA @ doklam time has been jailed for life on graft charges.
Another small step in the development of roads in the Gobi desert. That single item shows what happened a Doklam. Could someone trace back to 1963 and see how many area commanders of the PLA in the Himalayan misadventure, likewise went to Le-Education camps? Or encountered accidents where they stood in front of a target?
We need to seriously rebut the Hystery on "India lost in 1962". Land area in remote places beyond the mountains, yes, but casualties, I think it was an utter disaster for PLA as UBCN was first to report.

It was for his mishandling of the doklam situation and causing the hans to lose immense face that got him jailed and that too for life.

It only goes to show how badly the hans were affected by Modi's stance at doklam that effectively took the shine of their often touted and entirely mythological invincibility.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pak Army evacuating villages on its side of border expecting some big action soon. Beds in military hospital in pakistan are being made vacant for possible casualties.
1)Village evacuation is to remove the RAA agints who would report the Taap Secret Ishtrike Fauj Corpses assembling.
2) Beds in military hospitals are for aphsars evacuated from the Main Ishtrike Fauj Corpses on their Dilli Chalo.
Ayub Khan's venture that had such misfortune at Khemkaran/ Asal Uttar and later the Longewala caper and the Kargil caper.

Pak does not do things in small steps: the plans are always massive. Consider:
1965: Drive to delhi and re-establish Mughal Empire
1971: Drive to delhi via Longewala
1999: Occupy heights above Kargil/Dras. Close NH-1. Force surrender of Siachen division. Then invade with 50,000 Parka-clad sh1ts assembled at Skardu, to occupy Srinagar and cut off J&K, force disintegration of India, continue march to Delhi. If not nuke Delhi and occupy Mumbai, shopping and movies are better there.

Don't think they are only preparing for defense against retaliation: why did they make the first attack if there was no follow-up plan?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Chinmayanand wrote:News18 reporting that Pak Army evacuating villages on its side of border expecting some big action soon. Beds in military hospital in pakistan are being made vacant for possible casualties.
exactly why it would not be wise to attack now.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ah! Practicising full-afterburner dash to Jeddah?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

UlanBatori wrote:
Ah! Practicising full-afterburner dash to Jeddah?
:rotfl: :rotfl:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Chinmayanand wrote:News18 reporting that Pak Army evacuating villages on its side of border expecting some big action soon. Beds in military hospital in pakistan are being made vacant for possible casualties.
exactly why it would not be wise to attack now.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: Ah! Practicising full-afterburner dash to Jeddah?
:rotfl: :rotfl:
the last time around didn't these cowards safely park their aircraft in some third country, out of India's reach??

This time around, even such tactics will not work against modi.

Their plan B strategic depth in afghanistan has come a cropper
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Not just pakis, even Iraqis hid their foxbats, their migs deserted to Iran (just few years after Iran Iraq war). Even other Arab forces did the same against Israelis.
DheerajG
BRFite -Trainee

Post by DheerajG »

Diversion of water will take time. How about polluting the water flowing towards Pakistan by dumping toxic chemicals and waste, thereby, making it unfit for human and agricultural use? Is it even feasible? China too did the same thing with Siang river flowing towards Arunachal.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Launch one Brahmos now and say it eej sonic bhoom onlee.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^last time in both '71 and '98, we also did not have refuellers and long legged fighters like Su30. This time they are best saving them in jeddah, so that the distance to allah is shorter