Pulwama Attack

Nikhil T
BRFite
Posts: 1042
Joined: 09 Nov 2008 06:48
Location: RAW HQ, Lodhi Road

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Nikhil T » 22 Feb 2019 04:00

UNSC issues statement condemning Pulwama, names Jaish; China Opposed It.

NEW DELHI: In a significant statement on the Pulwama terror attack, the United Nations Security Council has condemned the suicide bombing in which 40 CRPF soldiers were killed, and named Jaish-e-Mohammed, the Pakistan-based terror group which claimed responsibility for the attack, despite China's best efforts to stall it, NDTV has learnt.
The statement says the UN Security Council condemns "in the strongest terms the heinous and cowardly suicide bombing in Jammu and Kashmir, which resulted in over 40 Indian paramilitary forces dead and dozens wounded on February 14, 2019, for which Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed responsibility."

Importantly, the statement also says, "all states must, in accordance with their obligations under international law and relevant Security Council resolutions, cooperate actively with the Government of India and all other relevant authorities in this regard."

Sources have told NDTV that China repeatedly tried to block the statement from being issued. Sources say China did not want a reference to Jaish-e-Mohammed and wanted a reference to what it calls "India-administered Kashmir". They also objected to the portion on "urging all states to cooperate actively with the Government of India".

China, an "all weather" ally of Pakistan, has over the years used its veto power to scuttle a move by India at the UN to put Jaish-e-Mohammed founder Masood Azhar on a global terror list.

After the Pulwama attack, China had expressed "deep sympathies" to the families of the 40 CRPF men. In its condolence message to Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj, the Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi had said that his country "resolutely opposes and strongly condemns all forms of terrorism", but the statement did not make any reference to Pakistan.

COMMENT
After the terror strike of February 14 in Pulwama, New Delhi has taken steps to isolate Pakistan in the international community. It has also scrapped the Most Favoured Nation status granted to Pakistan and imposed a 200 per cent customs duty on its goods.

sudeepj
BRFite
Posts: 1614
Joined: 27 Nov 2008 11:25

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby sudeepj » 22 Feb 2019 04:03

How did India get it past China in the security council? I would love to hear the story of the inside maneuvering. Small wins. :-)

Rudradev
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3383
Joined: 06 Apr 2003 12:31

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Rudradev » 22 Feb 2019 04:11

Dilbu wrote:What narrative? They can do as much dramabazi as they want. Not a word has been spoken by GoI. The sword is still being sharpened.


This is important to define, actually.

Narrative is a story of the way things are, usually accompanied by an explanation (based on a particular version of history) to explain why things are the way they are. Narratives are usually put together to serve some agenda, and then spread by people who serve that agenda.

When a Narrative is accepted by a critical mass of people who believe it is true, it becomes a Discourse (e.g. in WW2, the British and Americans were "heroes" who saved the world). At that point more Narratives can form based on the assumption that the Discourse is true (e.g. leadership of the international community by America and Britain is the last, best hope for modern civilization and world peace).

Now anyone who is holding/pushing a Narrative that counters the established Discourse has a hard, uphill fight ahead of them.

Why is it important here? Because Narratives and Discourses are all-important tools of 4GW. Electronic social media help Narratives spread faster and wider than at any time previously.

And because when direct, hard, evidence-based information is lacking... the public is NOT content to simply say "OK, I don't know what's going on. When the right moment comes, I will learn what really happened. Or I might never really know at all".

During our parents' and grandparents' generation that kind of attitude did exist. And it was a good thing. No longer. Today it's an inforrmation-dense world where everyone MUST have an opinion, a belief, on every matter that's important. It's a world of internet and whatsapp and facebook and 24x7 TV news.

So today, if people do not immediately have access to direct, hard, evidence-based information... they will feel a great emptiness, a vacuum. What will they fill that vacuum with? A Narrative... the one that successfully reaches them and appeals to them. Once they take on a Narrative they become emotionally invested in it. At some point, they may not want to give up on the Narrative they chose even if contradictory direct, hard, evidence-based information is presented in front of them.

You can see why this becomes useful as a weapon of war when deployed on a mass scale. The nature of government and policymaking is such that direct, hard, evidence-based information cannot be readily or immediately shared. So people are hungry for whatever Narratives they can find and absorb to take its place. This tendency can be used to manipulate crores of people very effectively.
Last edited by Rudradev on 22 Feb 2019 04:17, edited 2 times in total.

sudeepj
BRFite
Posts: 1614
Joined: 27 Nov 2008 11:25

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby sudeepj » 22 Feb 2019 04:15

Karan M wrote:Poor man. Sincere, means well and is reasonably apolitical- at least in this interview. Will be used for PR and then his work thrown into the dustbin.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/video/- ... 2019-02-21


He did come out with a statement ".. surgical strikes were needlessly politicized..". That was interpreted to mean that the surgical strikes should not have led to any political capital for the ruling party. That interpretation was never corrected by him. Now that this has come out, its not surprising at all that he is now aligned with the Congress party.

In general, any officer reaching the post of Lt. Gen has to be really politically savvy. Most have definite political views. We will see more of this officer class joining politics, which is a good thing.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11405
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby UlanBatori » 22 Feb 2019 04:19

I think this latest Chinese stinkiness is done by the same Doklam lobby, whose neta is now enjoying the stone-breaking exercise in the Gobi for life. Several more to go there I believe.

NaMo should call Elevan and put it to him bluntly: You want to see vacuum inflations rise in North Gandhara (aka Xinjiang) and Northern Arunachal? A few to clear the traffic in Shanghai perhaps?

Time to call the chinese out on this as terrorist-supporters. And they can take the Kerala CM with them.

sudeepj
BRFite
Posts: 1614
Joined: 27 Nov 2008 11:25

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby sudeepj » 22 Feb 2019 04:21

Rudradev wrote:
Dilbu wrote:What narrative? They can do as much dramabazi as they want. Not a word has been spoken by GoI. The sword is still being sharpened.



You can see why this becomes useful as a weapon of war when deployed on a mass scale. The nature of government and policymaking is such that direct, hard, evidence-based information cannot be readily or immediately shared. So people are hungry for whatever Narratives they can find and absorb to take its place. This tendency can be used to manipulate crores of people very effectively.


In an ideal world, everyone decides based on evidence and some logical arguments (deductive/inductive etc.). In reality, human brains are always looking for cognitive short cuts. Further, neurologically, the centers for feeling and cognition are not separate, that is to say, feeling/emotion is not a distinct thing from cognition/thought.

The west tells us to formulate evidence, arguments, but when it really wants to change your behavior, every tool in the quiver is used. This is why social media is so useful and why stuff that is easily proven to be false is circulated there. If a story confirms an existing idea in your mind, that idea is held with greater strength, even if that story is later proven to be false!

Therefore, we must learn to communicate at an emotional level as also a logical level.

viveks
BRFite
Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Nov 2004 06:01

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby viveks » 22 Feb 2019 04:24

Great read rudraji...it feels very true that the political dynamics of BJP power are delicate after this incident, considering GJ riots of 2002.

sudeepj
BRFite
Posts: 1614
Joined: 27 Nov 2008 11:25

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby sudeepj » 22 Feb 2019 04:25

Rudradev wrote:4) In all this chaos there will be no leadership in New Delhi with the wherewithal to strike hard and prosecute a retaliatory war against Pakistan with international diplomatic support... NOTE THE US INTELLIGENCE THREAT ASSESSMENT has ALREADY prepared the ground for a narrative that any violence during GE 2019 will be Modi/BJP's fault, not to be blamed on Pakistan.

5) Thus, even if Pulwama attack seems to "help" Modi politically by uniting the country behind him, it may only be the setup for something much worse that is calculated to bring down his government by attacking the election process directly.

The one tactic with which they had at least temporary success in tarnishing Modi, for all these years, was blaming him for Gujarat 2002. It is the only thing that has worked for them to any extent. That is exactly what they will try again.


Agreed with your thesis, that that is the plan. Painting Modi as ineffectual against terrorism. Disagree that an attack will not be responded to by the govt. in power. The authority of the state continues, regardless of elections being announced. The code of conduct, thankfully, does not apply to foreign policy. :-)

Rishirishi
BRFite
Posts: 1055
Joined: 12 Mar 2005 02:30

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Rishirishi » 22 Feb 2019 04:27

This must be one of the best description of the Indo-pak conflict. It is FANTASTIC.

Dr C.Christine Fair, an Associate Professor with the Peace and Security Studies Program at Georgetown University in Washington DC. Dr Fair is an authority on political and military matters in the subcontinent and the author of several books. She told SNI that her most recent work ‘In Their Own Words: Understanding Laskhar-e-Tayyaba’ delves into the mind of this terror outfit through its writings and the role it plays within Pakistan. She also held out little hope for peace to prevail between India and Pakistan, noting how the Pak army sabotages such initiatives.

key points.
-Imran Khan irrelevant, army is in control (we know that)
-LeT is very important tool for TSP. The terror in India is a small part. They are very important in countering IS in Pakistan. They are against killing Hindus in Pakistan and their backbone is Jamat e Dawa (we know that).
-Every time a civilian PM tries to make peace with India, a bomb will explode in India. PA can not afford the peace with India. (I know we also know this).
-This american professor spells out that there will not be any peace.
-Best is the last part, must watch. Indian losses are minuscule and the country is growing economically. Pakistan on the other hand is disintegrating. Basically India is winning and TSP is losing.
Worth watching the video.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62xzgxCYlRE

disha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7061
Joined: 03 Dec 2006 04:17
Location: gaganaviharin

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby disha » 22 Feb 2019 04:32

Tour de' force Rudradev'ji.

A news item in support of your statement is linked below:

Rudradev wrote:
1) Domestic Political Climate: In normal times like this past week, when there is an attack and Pakistan seems responsible, the political parties (even Congress and MGB types) are severely constrained in how much they can openly go against the PM. They have to stand with the armed forces, hence the govt, hence the PM’s leadership by implication.

BUT during an election itself, they will have far more latitude to cry foul and allege malpractice by the govt trying to “steal the election”. Do you think the original architects of “Maut ka Saudaagar”, “26/11= Hindu Terrorism”, “Rafale Deal Was a Scam” etc. will hesitate for a moment to do this?



INC/Rahul Gandhi went a step further. Rafale was linked with Pulwama attack.

ahul Gandhi has linked the terrorist attack that killed 40 paramilitary soldiers last week in Pulwama with the Indo-French deal for Rafale fighter jets, which his Congress party has often cited to accuse Prime Minister Narendra Modi of corruption and crony capitalism.

Specifically, Rahul Gandhi said that in PM Modi's "New India", the 40 martyred CRPF soldiers were "denied the status of 'shaheed'," and that Anil Ambani had taken Rs 30,000 crore of their money.


https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/pulwama-attack-rahul-gandhi-links-bombing-to-rafale-deal-1461391-2019-02-21

And this:

Today, the Congress said Prime Minister Narendra Modi continued shooting for a film in the Corbett National Park for his "propaganda and publicity" till the evening of February 14 despite the attack in the afternoon, citing media reports.


The tears are not dry yet and Congress/Rahul Gandhi are already using the soldiers martyr'ed in Pulwama attack for their political and personal gains.

krishna_krishna
BRFite
Posts: 731
Joined: 23 Oct 2006 04:14

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby krishna_krishna » 22 Feb 2019 05:42

Shalwar browning intensified, now they started preparing hospitals and bunkers for impeding attack(Or a trick to put pressure on international community to intervene, interfere or there would be new clear backlash soon ):
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 104050.cms

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52593
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby ramana » 22 Feb 2019 06:02

RD What you say fits Western logic.
If what you say Modi has no chance to win, you think he will go quietly into dark?
LeT sent terrorists to shoot him in Gujarat.
And many more things.
Guys who burnt Godhra train got shelter in Pakistan.
Let's not over analyze.

Guddu
BRFite
Posts: 884
Joined: 01 Dec 2008 06:22

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Guddu » 22 Feb 2019 06:23

nam wrote:Mush style National broadcast - done.
Jud/LeT re-banning done.
Now Masood and LeT joker will be put in to prison for safe keeping. After that there will be screams of Pak badal gaaya hai from both side of the border. They will made to stay in safety till the election.

Meanwhile, we are letting Pak take the narrative with the usual drama.


If we know which jail the jokers are in, that sets up a nice target

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19326
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby chetak » 22 Feb 2019 06:34

Bart S wrote:
chetak wrote:




Who is the author of this extremely good write-up?


this is where i found it, saar.

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/status/1098241365186621441


Anand Ranganathan Verified account @ARanganathan72

Yes. I support the call to #BoycottPakistan.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19326
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby chetak » 22 Feb 2019 06:42

sudeepj wrote:
Karan M wrote:Poor man. Sincere, means well and is reasonably apolitical- at least in this interview. Will be used for PR and then his work thrown into the dustbin.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/video/- ... 2019-02-21


He did come out with a statement ".. surgical strikes were needlessly politicized..". That was interpreted to mean that the surgical strikes should not have led to any political capital for the ruling party. That interpretation was never corrected by him. Now that this has come out, its not surprising at all that he is now aligned with the Congress party.

In general, any officer reaching the post of Lt. Gen has to be really politically savvy. Most have definite political views. We will see more of this officer class joining politics, which is a good thing.


let us not fool ourselves.

no general is either that naive or that foolish.

his statements have left a very bad taste and yet he said it, knowing full well the implications.

BTW, no one can be misused/used unless he is willing, it is like taking the horse to the water.

and this one is certainly a willing horse, a very eager horse, in fact.

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 66607
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: the grasshopper lies heavy

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Singha » 22 Feb 2019 07:32

Must be hoping for a VKS type position if new regime comes

Guddu
BRFite
Posts: 884
Joined: 01 Dec 2008 06:22

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Guddu » 22 Feb 2019 07:43

Bart S wrote:

This tripe is trending on Paki media and similar people are being selectively quoted (actually many of these scum are so far gone that there is no need to be selective either) for propaganda purposes by them.

The fact that this guy was a Supreme Court judge, shows how deep the tentacles of the whole damn system are.


Very disappointing, that such a person was a supreme court justice. Glad that the Modi govt does not always rubber stamp the CJI's nominations.

yensoy
BRFite
Posts: 1340
Joined: 29 May 2002 11:31
Location: USA

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby yensoy » 22 Feb 2019 07:50

On the other hand, I welcome Lt Gen joining the INC (in whatever capacity). Hopefully it will bring some sense into their thinking. Unless the respected general is a total crook (if he is one, then God help us all), his experience and point of view may rub off a little on the opposition so they display a little more logic in their criticism of the RM, PM and ministerial processes.

yensoy
BRFite
Posts: 1340
Joined: 29 May 2002 11:31
Location: USA

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby yensoy » 22 Feb 2019 07:56

Guddu wrote:Very disappointing, that such a person was a supreme court justice. Glad that the Modi govt does not always rubber stamp the CJI's nominations.


Wow, this is beyond the pale of reason! His assumptions are wrong on so many counts, I can't even being to list them. Did chacha Nehru appoint him to SC for he is sure from chacha Nehru's zamana?

dinesh_kimar
BRFite
Posts: 334
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby dinesh_kimar » 22 Feb 2019 08:01

Sidhu refuses to condemn attack, sticks to his guns, that terrorism has no country/religion.

And BJP refuses to use this fact against Congress, they are letting him get away.

The main threat to Siddhu is from Captain Amarinder.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3352
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Kashi » 22 Feb 2019 08:02

yensoy wrote:On the other hand, I welcome Lt Gen joining the INC (in whatever capacity). Hopefully it will bring some sense into their thinking.


You are asking for the moon.

schinnas
BRFite
Posts: 1337
Joined: 11 Jun 2009 09:44

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby schinnas » 22 Feb 2019 08:10

yensoy wrote:On the other hand, I welcome Lt Gen joining the INC (in whatever capacity). Hopefully it will bring some sense into their thinking. Unless the respected general is a total crook (if he is one, then God help us all), his experience and point of view may rub off a little on the opposition so they display a little more logic in their criticism of the RM, PM and ministerial processes.


There is no evidence of it in recent disgusting statements by Pappu. Generals job is to prepare a document which will be touted by Pappu as better than PMs and continue baseless allegations and name calling of PM.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11405
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby UlanBatori » 22 Feb 2019 08:11

Siddhu is not anti-Indian. Too many "shout Jai Hind!" type Patriotism Tests being driven by uber-patriots who will be first to run if the enemy really attacks. Navjot Siddhu has faced the world's fastest bowlers (without helmet IIRC) b4 most of you were even in diapers. He has walked the walk. He has earned the right to say what he wants. I think the anti-Siddhu lynchmobs are disgusting.

Siddhu may be a bit crazy and more than a bit pompous, so ignore him.

Yeah, he may have a line of contact open to Imran. I am sure the GOI at its deepest, appreciates that. Needed to negotiate the surrender and arrange safe passage for Imran and his wives when the Baloch National Front and Pashtun National Front and Balwaristan National Front all coalesce and come knocking in Islamagood.

Look at Imran's mug on TV: the strain is far worse than when he was playing krikit.

hnair
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3703
Joined: 03 May 2006 01:31
Location: Trivandrum

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby hnair » 22 Feb 2019 08:22

Rudradev wrote:Really? The more the booths assaulted by local PFI-SIMI (or even Naxal) cells in diverse locations, and the more the "retaliations" carried out by local paid-goonda militias in response, the harder the maintenance of law and order will be. We've seen what happens in WB and Kerala even in normal times... how difficult would it be for much worse to occur in a number of opposition-controlled states, including the recently-Congi heartland? Ultimately the blame will be placed on the central govt even though the acts themselves take place because of the negligence (or in some cases, with the active connivance) of various state govts.


Rudradev, dont know about WB, beyond what I read in media, but in Kerala what you said is not how election day is managed. The election day is the quietest day for L&O personnel, except for very isolated, one-to-one violence. There is a reason for that - booths are quietened down by leaders, because commies organize methodical false voting, using lists that pre-identify those who are NRIs, infirm, slackers ("why vote?" types) or studying away from home towns. Not that BJP guys are slackers around here. Eg:, when I was abroad during an election, I heard this anecdote of how some kammie came to a both to vote as moi to find that I have already "voted" for BJP :lol: thanks to brisk local BJP gents. Seems kammies have updated their list and I got a copy of that via a, er, "mole", which showed someone neatly pencilled "khanland" against my name :shock:

So sustained violence et al at booth level to influence elections does not happen in Kerala, as you said. Rest of the hypothesis, I kind of have my reservations, except for the part where khan wants to meddle: Khan can and will meddle in this election at a greater level than in the past.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19326
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby chetak » 22 Feb 2019 08:22

yensoy wrote:
Guddu wrote:Very disappointing, that such a person was a supreme court justice. Glad that the Modi govt does not always rubber stamp the CJI's nominations.


Wow, this is beyond the pale of reason! His assumptions are wrong on so many counts, I can't even being to list them. Did chacha Nehru appoint him to SC for he is sure from chacha Nehru's zamana?


he is a cashmeri settled in UP.

He has desperately been trying to become governor of cashmere for years now. As a cashmeri, he thinks that he is best qualified to deal with and solve all of cashmere's issues. Fortunately for the rest of us, he is in a majority of one as far as his cockeyed views go.

all his angst, sullen and duplicitous behavior and devious mentality has been/is being diverted to this end. His bombastic statements point to some underlying, deeper and very fundamental personality disorder.

Here is why he became a SC judge

academic results can always be manipulated if such powerful relatives are in chair.

His grandfather Dr. Kailash Nath Katju, was one of India's leading lawyers and participated in the country's freedom movement. Dr. K. N. Katju was the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, the Governor of West Bengal and Odisha, as well as the Union Law, Home and Defence Minister.[7] Katju's uncle was B.N. Katju, the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.[8] The academic Tilottama Mukherji Tharoor, first wife of Shashi Tharoor, is a cousin to Katju. Her mother was the sister of Katju's father.
Last edited by chetak on 22 Feb 2019 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

Shivaji
BRFite
Posts: 104
Joined: 19 Sep 2016 09:39

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Shivaji » 22 Feb 2019 08:24

dinesh_kimar wrote:Sidhu refuses to condemn attack, sticks to his guns, that terrorism has no country/religion.

And BJP refuses to use this fact against Congress, they are letting him get away.

The main threat to Siddhu is from Captain Amarinder.


OT for this thread, but actually its other way round.

Captain with his patriotic and no-nonsense style does not always toe Congress line. Pappu would have him removed if he could. But with Punjab result solely brought about by Captain, Pappu is in no position to replace him.

Sidhu is impressing on Pappu his utility as challenger to Captain. CMship is the prize. Once Pappu decides, Congressies will fall inline irrespective of Sidhu statements. Opposition or public opinion does not matter to Congressies.

That pathetic HM at the time of 26/11 had the gall to make statement "Sonia"ji will decide my role.

souravB
BRFite
Posts: 492
Joined: 07 Jun 2018 13:52

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby souravB » 22 Feb 2019 08:24

Big statement from UNSC
Image
Image
Here's what this could mean
Bring them to JUSTICE. Not just the perpetrators and organizers. But even the financiers and sponsors. Bring them all to justice.

This is extremely significant.

When US wanted to attack Iraq, USA’s Secretary of State Colin Powell had made a case in front of the United Nation’s Security Council to get its acquiescence. Remember that?

Getting UNSC on board to back you up in case you want to attack another country is a major deal. Colin Powell had to do a whole lot of drama!

In India’s case, however, Sushama Swaraj, worked with France, who spearheaded the whole initative, as it will on banning JeM despite China.

brvarsh
BRFite
Posts: 193
Joined: 03 Mar 2011 20:29

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby brvarsh » 22 Feb 2019 08:25

dinesh_kimar wrote:
The main threat to Siddhu is from Captain Amarinder.

The reason BJP is not training their guns at him directly. He will be mauled by his (?) own party & in turn gain a bigger chunk of the political pie for BJP that Siddhu would have never brought.

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2190
Joined: 31 Mar 2009 00:10

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Prem Kumar » 22 Feb 2019 08:44

Rudradev wrote:That is true. In fact they tried to bomb his 2014 rally in Bihar but that only worked in his favour.

But I'm even more concerned about the actual polling than the rallies.


Rudradev: this is one of the reasons why I feel that Modi does not have *too much time* to retaliate. Congress is making his moves via Lt Gen Hooda, whose opinion will now be sought on everything. If Modi doesn't attack very soon, Pakis will make their next move & he will be blamed for waiting too long.

IMO, the only way forward for Modi is:

1) Massive punitive attacks on Pakistan sooner rather than later, even if it means a greater risk
2) A comprehensive plan towards the long term destruction of that entity. Spelled out for the public.

#2 will ensure that the people know that its not just about revenge. Its also something that Congress cannot undo even if they come back to power. It will sound credible because it comes after the attack. Lastly, it will preempt criticism of Modi that all he does is "react" (even though that's still 100X better than Congress inaction and connivance with Islamic terror).

Lt Gen Hooda's "action plan" will take the wind out of Modi's sails if it proposes a long term plan to dismember Pakistan. Never mind that Congress will never implement it. But it will be a useful election stick to beat Modi with.

So, Modi must do #2, to pre-empt Lt Gen Hooda
Last edited by Prem Kumar on 22 Feb 2019 08:48, edited 2 times in total.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11405
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby UlanBatori » 22 Feb 2019 08:48

UNSC is and has always been a disaster. Hope the real action is occurring/will occur somewhere else entirely. Did UNSC authorize liberation of BD? Nuclear tests? GSLV launch? Agni development? Sikkim integration? Goa integration?

India's national security imperative is to achieve Paklessness. India must do the needful, not wait for UNSC approval. I think right now is a better opportunity than ever before.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8070
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Pratyush » 22 Feb 2019 08:51

Karan M wrote:Rudradev, if Modis rallies are attacked in GE2019, there is the possibility of a massive pro Modi wave akin to a sympathy vote or show of rebellion. It might be tactical sewercide from the POV of TSP interests which is par for the course for those idiots.



Well said.

I have said this before. Quite often Indians are intent on proving the pre 65 baki field Marshal who said that Hindu moral cannot stand a few well timed blows.

We start shivering in our dhoties at the drop of a hat.

Our national motto as per me should always be. Keep calm and and be strong. But if anyone mess with us. We will fu c k you up.

brvarsh
BRFite
Posts: 193
Joined: 03 Mar 2011 20:29

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby brvarsh » 22 Feb 2019 08:53

Guddu wrote:
Bart S wrote:

This tripe is trending on Paki media and similar people are being selectively quoted (actually many of these scum are so far gone that there is no need to be selective either) for propaganda purposes by them.

The fact that this guy was a Supreme Court judge, shows how deep the tentacles of the whole damn system are.


Very disappointing, that such a person was a supreme court justice. Glad that the Modi govt does not always rubber stamp the CJI's nominations.

There is a lot in this video - There is distrust, there is now knowing, confusion, there is misinformation but there is also frustration. First, in retrospect the mastermind were not able to melt away but caught and eliminated. So Justice Katju's first assumption was proven wrong. Second, is 99% of Kashmiris are anti Indians - If over 270 terrorists were eliminated in one year and all of these eliminations were from human intel then his second argument does not hold water either. Third, Slapping a sleeping man was very disappointing - Blowing up a van near CRPF bus returning from vacation - were the men on alert? No! Pakistani army were very much on guard. Surgical Strike was an important milestone not because we slapped them but to show we could jump the fence and enter and come back safe and if needed next time we would not slap but kill (even in Justice Katju's metaphor). Fourth, this problem is not going to be solved unless the three nations re-unite. He does have a point, not that its a solution but because unless we create a shared values such problems will only continue. But Justice Katju will be so happy to know that Pakistan is at the verge of breaking apart and those parts will have similar relationship with India as Bangladesh of today has. Re-unification may not be on cards in 15 years but a stronger consortium definitely is. Now the last part - his danda! His concern of backlash against Kashmiris in the rest of India is serious, no sane person would agree that such a thing should be done, we would be cutting the chords faster than we are forging if such a thing happens. But, where was his Danda and as a Supreme Court judge then, I am sure was even more powerful, when Kashmiri Pandits that he belongs to too, were thrown out of their homes. What ever he said would have made sense if it was said by a frustrated retiree, but as a CJI such things did not sound good.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8070
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Pratyush » 22 Feb 2019 08:55

nam wrote:Mush style National broadcast - done.
Jud/LeT re-banning done.
Now Masood and LeT joker will be put in to prison for safe keeping. After that there will be screams of Pak badal gaaya hai from both side of the border. They will made to stay in safety till the election.

Meanwhile, we are letting Pak take the narrative with the usual drama.



Not going to matter in the end. It mattered only in situations where Indian leadership was talking about it. In silence it doesn't matter as whatever TSP does will not be enough to placate India.

saip
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3564
Joined: 17 Jan 2003 12:31
Location: USA

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby saip » 22 Feb 2019 09:05

There appear to be some unintended consequences about banning Paki players. Remember those two paki shooters who got visas (many asked why) and who did not finally get the visas? Now it looks like the IOC seems to have taken a very dim view of it. It looks like India may be denied future hosting of IOC events in India.
In Cricket we are the super power and if we boycott Paki matches the consequences may not be that much.

Link

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19326
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby chetak » 22 Feb 2019 09:09

Sanjay Dixit संजय Verified account @Sanjay_Dixit

Astounding facts:
Per capita central assistance to UP: INR 4500
Per Capita central assistance to J&K: INR 92000
Add to that the fact that bulk of this assistance is spent and consumed in the Valley.

hnair
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3703
Joined: 03 May 2006 01:31
Location: Trivandrum

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby hnair » 22 Feb 2019 09:12

saip wrote:There appear to be some unintended consequences about banning Paki players. Remember those two paki shooters who got visas (many asked why) and who did not finally get the visas? Now it looks like the IOC seems to have taken a very dim view of it. It looks like India may be denied future hosting of IOC events in India.
In Cricket we are the super power and if we boycott Paki matches the consequences may not be that much.

Link


consequences? Who cares about what a european corporate called IOC thinks? In general, these oiropean constructs like Vatican, Nobel, F1, FIFA, IOC etc are corporate constructs indulging in mainly PR, that the europeans use to strut around world stage

Let paki shooters stay home - holding any IOC event is financially taxing to local economy, as the demands that these organizations put on local-self-governments are way too high and not worth it. We need to develop our own bodies or form an alliance with like minded countries of Asia

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3352
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby Kashi » 22 Feb 2019 09:17

I wonder if US can and/or will be precluded from IOC events since potential athletes from 7 countries cannot travel there because of Trump's travel ban.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19326
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby chetak » 22 Feb 2019 09:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dytLJMZ8Q6o


भारत इस बार दिमाग से पाकिस्तान को कर देगा बर्बाद This time India will destroy pakistan intelligently Some home truths being spoken on paki TV



yensoy
BRFite
Posts: 1340
Joined: 29 May 2002 11:31
Location: USA

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby yensoy » 22 Feb 2019 09:40

^^^^ Barrister Bashani is an exile, probably has a price on him in Pakiland, and has always been sane on TV which is broadcast, I believe, from Canada.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19326
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Pulwama Attack

Postby chetak » 22 Feb 2019 09:55

yensoy wrote:^^^^ Barrister Bashani is an exile, probably has a price on him in Pakiland, and has always been sane on TV which is broadcast, I believe, from Canada.



when 3 pakis are the only guys on the show, wouldn't it be best described as paki TV??

I am aware that not only Bashani but many others too live outside of pukiland.


Return to “Military Issues Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest