Pulwama Attack

Mollick.R
BRFite

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by Mollick.R »

arun wrote:X Posted from the Terroristan thread.
Peregrine wrote:China's opposition to mentioning of terrorism delayed UNSC statement on Pulwama – PTI

NEW DELHI: China's lone opposition in the 15-member UN Security Council to any mention of terrorism resulted in a delay of nearly one week in issuance of a statement by the powerful body on the dastardly Pulwama terror attack, official sources said here on Friday.

However, the US assiduously worked as "pen holder" making various adjustments to get the approval by all other members of the Council, the sources told PTI.

While China was trying to water down the UNSC statement on Pulwama Pakistan , worked against issuance of any statement. Pakistan's Permanent representative at the UN Maleeha Lodhi even met the president of Security Council but her efforts did not bear any fruit, they said.

The UN Security Council comprising 15 permanent and non-permanent members on Thursday condemned in the "strongest terms" the "heinous and cowardly" terror attack perpetrated by Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) on February 14.

Sharing details of diplomatic wranglings on the matter, the sources said the UNSC statement on Pulwama was to be issued on the evening of February 15 but China repeatedly sought extension of timing.

China requested extension till Feb 18 when 14 member countries were ready to issue it on February 15 itself," they said, adding China broke "silence" procedure two times suggesting multiple amendments aiming to "derail" the effort.

Even after UNSC condemned the Pulwama strike as "terrorism" China continued to oppose any mention of terrorism in the statement, said a person familiar with the diplomatic parleys on the issue at the UN headquarters.

However, notwithstanding hectic Chinese and Pakistani efforts, the UNSC agreed to issue the first statement in its history regarding an attack on Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir, the sources said.

India has mounted a diplomatic offensive to isolate Pakistan in the international community for its support to terror groups and cross border terrorism.

Official sources said the UNSC statement contained specific language proposed by India through its partner countries including naming of JeM, and calling for bringing the perpetrators of the crime to justice.

In the statement, the UNSC also reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security and underlined the need to hold perpetrators, organisers, financiers and sponsors of these reprehensible acts of terrorism accountable and bring them to justice.

The UNSC also urged all States, in accordance with their obligations under international law and relevant Security Council resolutions, to cooperate actively with India and all other relevant authorities to bring perpetrators of the Pulwama attack to justice.

It also reiterated that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed.

In Video: China's lone opposition to mentioning of terrorism delayed UNSC statement on Pulwama

Cheers Image

Just feel sick of this attitude of China and don't see any hope either. Even after bloodbath of 70 years of clash of civilization we Indian's still go go gaga over same land , same culture, lost brothers etc etc. What hope do we have to think about paying back china with appropriate interest rate once in another 20-30 years their sun sets due do 3Ps (Aged Population, Political Disturbances & Pollution)??? I don't see any national will to note down those b*tcing acts and pay appropriately, we are too dhiminis.......

I wish GOI had some standard SOP list prepared and every time China blocking us NSG/MTCR or voting for pakis in UN SC or giving staple visas to citizens's of AP, a page from SOP is executed automatically & silent manner.
Our huge market and easy access given to China for trading is our biggest asset and we should learn how to use it as a weapon.

After each such B*tching acts withing few hours or next day a lower level officer from ministry of commerce should do a press conference and do any one or combination of following (it's just a brief list)

1. Import duty on toys Chinese is increased by 100%
2. India will allow xx goods from china to enter only from XYZ port.
3. PSUs will NOT hire/lease or Lenevo desktops/laptops in its offices neither Lenovo will be considered for laptop reimbursement schemes for executives.
4. India will follow European or American standard of quality safety or documentation for toys/small household goods/plastic items or machinery IMPORTED FROM CHINA OR CHINESE ORIGIN.
5. Goods imported from china must have manuals in 27 different Indian languages and front size should be xx etc
6. Huwai/ZTE is banned from participating in 5G for "our legitimate security concerns".

Point is that given freedom to punch or pinch our Babus can come with 100s non trade barriers or direct big threats (e.g point no 6) to Chinese enterprises. No big hype is required just hold a small press conference by junior level staffs of appropriate departments or upload notifications of website. Message will reach to the intended recipient.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Watch this.

RajeevK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajeevK »

shyamd wrote: So the cricketer asked CP Salman to convey to PM Modi:
- to have a direct channel via KSA
- IK will investigate Pulwama incident

- PM Modi can trust IK
I am sure that would be an oxymoron. Pakistan's political PMs have never been in charge. So how can he deliver on anything.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Something odd is happening in TSP.
A former corps(e) commander(ex DGMO) and a brig(MA in Bonn) are arrested for spying for US.
And rumors of further arrests.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

brig rizwan and lt.gen (retd) javed iqbal awan were apprehended and held at undisclosed location sometime last year. Both were accused of being CIA moles and did their molegiri as long as they served in office.

Also note this molegiri happened under kiyani, so he is next in line to be arrested.

but pakistani media has been fed the line that these gentlemen have been arrested on corruption charges
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Habal, interesting date. One day before Pulwama attack.
Please stay on top of it.
In complex world everything becomes important.

Thanks!!!
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Twitter says that episode has been going on since October 2018 when Brig Rizwan was kidnapped by ISI.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

ramana wrote:Habal, interesting date. One day before Pulwama attack.
Please stay on top of it.
In complex world everything becomes important.

Thanks!!!
It was not really a day before. But pakistani journalist Sami Ibrahim had disclosed this on a pvt media channel around feb 13 or 12. The spin being given was these 2 were arrested on corruption charges, so hey look IK govt is so fair onlee that they do not go just after sindhis, and pathans seeking accountability (NAB) but 'faujis' are being arrested as well.

his exact words were a 1 star general and a 3 star general are in custody of ISI on corruption charges.
Last edited by habal on 23 Feb 2019 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I have read that these two were arrested (kidnapped/arrested) because they leaked 'sensitive nuclear information to hostile foreign power'.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Saip

Can you give the ref please?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

ramana wrote: Response

1) I don't think GOI is in mood to let MBS be a channel.He has called himself "Ambassador of Pakistan". So he is tainted channel.
I'm just stating what happened... What PM has said in return I don't know but I know its been given to Doval. As we all know TSPA want to get involved in these matters but it may be IK trying to do something independently. MbS isn't the only backchannel - but they have an interest to keep things calm due to Iran/Yemen.
As for trusting Immy the Dimmy. He is a philandering drug addict put up by the jihadi faction of TSPA to get US funds. So how to trust him? This sentence means India should trust the jihadi faction of the TSPA which carried out the Pulwama attack! They got go back to their cave and come again. Quick for the cave could be bombed.

Boss, pretty much every sitting TSP PM has tried and failed to do things independently. I'd be a millionaire every time a Paki PM said "Trust me". Zardari was asking MMS privately to support a coup inside TSPA for example.
2) Our member IndraD speculated on Twitter that it could be Indian drones sent out to sniff out Pak defences for all intents. And the FizzleYa almost shot themselves. Which idiot pilot will break sound barrier over civilian population? Their helicopters were fired on by nervous troops.

No comments other than Maybe
3) Could be could be not?
could be any sector.
See POK does not cross the nuke threshold. if they respond then Rawalpindi will be glass.
The fact China finally agreed to UNSC irresolution on Azhar shows they also see the light.
lets see things in proper perspective.
Whole of TSP is glass in my view.

I'm told to expect more arrests and steps of JuD, JeM over next few days (back channel probably). All BS moves of course.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think things are going south in TSP
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Trump calls India-Pakistan standoff 'very dangerous' :roll:
WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump voiced alarm on Friday at the "very dangerous situation" between India and Pakistan following the Pulwama terror attack which left 40 CRPF personnel dead.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

This isn’t 1-week battle, we need decisive win: Jaitley
NEW DELHI: The country is “extremely angry” over the terror attack in Pulwama and the government will use all instruments to tackle a rogue state like Pakistan that has failed to act against terrorists in its territory, finance minister Arun Jaitley said.

Speaking at the Economic Times Global Business Summit here on Friday, Jaitley said, “Pakistan is riding a tiger and the tiger never spares its own riders… This is not a one-week battle, it has to be undertaken on various fronts... We have to act in a manner that this battle has to be decisively won by us.”

Criticising Pakistan PM Imran Khan for demanding proof in the Pulwama attack, finance minister Arun Jaitley, said, “The head of the government says, ‘Give me actionable intelligence’. You need actionable intelligence if it is a blind offence, but here is a man sitting in your own country who owned up to the offence. So when there is a confession... You have people sitting in your own country and admitting to the offence and saying that ‘yes, we have done it’ and taking credit for it.” He added that the battle against terrorism sourced from Pakistan has to be decisively won.

Jaitley’s statement comes a week after the Cabinet Committee on Security decided to withdraw the most-favoured-nation state status granted to Pakistan and raised import duties to 200%. In addition, several other steps have been taken, including those at the United Nations, to isolate Pakistan.

The finance minister also suggested India had much more financial muscle in any confrontation with Pakistan, which had fared poorly on economic and human development indices. Describing Pakistan as a “rogue state” in the neighbourhood, he said there was no need to provide any evidence when terror groups based there had taken responsibility.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Trump must have been told of some preparation from our end. Or we have made some moves to allow US in..

And the first 3 days of AI is done. PM is back..
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Yasin Malik arrested.

Balloon may go up any time or in April/May.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Chinmayanand wrote:We can't blame them for their support . Modi govt retaliation against Pulwama attack is becoming like Ram Mandir construction at Ayodhya ," Mandir wahin banayenge par date nahin batayenge ."
I am enjoying the show Bakis are putting up. The silence of GOI is definitely deafening to the bakis.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

nam wrote:Trump must have been told of some preparation from our end. Or we have made some moves to allow US in..

I'll be really surprised if we share such info even with our closest friends. The only thing we may have told US is that we keep all options open including military and that we have the right to defend ourselves. Trump may be reacting to intel assessments from his own agencies or public reports.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

disha wrote:Yasin Malik arrested.

Balloon may go up any time or in April/May.
Article 35A hearing on Monday in Supreme Court.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Border trade and crossings must end. Tourist visas to Pakistanis must end. Diplomatic missions of TSP must be significantly reduced not just in India but in all of Southern Asia.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

partha wrote:
nam wrote:Trump must have been told of some preparation from our end. Or we have made some moves to allow US in..

I'll be really surprised if we share such info even with our closest friends. The only thing we may have told US is that we keep all options open including military and that we have the right to defend ourselves. Trump may be reacting to intel assessments from his own agencies or public reports.
Yes, I meant his intel team notifying him. Not us informing him.
Last edited by nam on 23 Feb 2019 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Nothing is happening ;),
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

disha wrote:
Chinmayanand wrote:We can't blame them for their support . Modi govt retaliation against Pulwama attack is becoming like Ram Mandir construction at Ayodhya ," Mandir wahin banayenge par date nahin batayenge ."
I am enjoying the show Bakis are putting up. The silence of GOI is definitely deafening to the bakis.
Cool. I’ll be in desh in May and make sure to take my iodine tablets and welding googles so I can watch the mushroom clouds to the west of the border. I know people who’ve seen an H bomb test up close in the late 1950s, but now I’ll have bragging rights.
manoj_niketa
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manoj_niketa »

Yasin Malik picked up. Smells like something good is happening in Kashmir.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I pity any Indian truck-drivers and other bijnejppl who have to cross the border into terroristan. It's their lives vs. their livelihood. Tough choice, govt should help them with a total travel ban (and maybe some compensation for the hourly/daily paid workers). In these things I do wish GOI mantris/babus show a little more energy and empathy: it would really go a long way.

Cut off the Pakis totally. Close down the embassy and kick out the Pakis in dilli. The only Indians going over there should be in Indian tanks and Indian bomber planes.

I think the Cheen have also given us the full justification for a massive trade slap. Plus some minor weather-related problems on Karakoram Hwy.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 23 Feb 2019 03:12, edited 2 times in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

manoj_niketa wrote:Yasin Malik picked up. Smells like something good is happening in Kashmir.
Art. 35 & 370 2 b kaput? :mrgreen:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UlanBatori wrote:
manoj_niketa wrote:Yasin Malik picked up. Smells like something good is happening in Kashmir.
Art. 35 & 370 2 b kaput? :mrgreen:
Right now just Article 35A which defines that only J&K residents can buy property in the state. It should be done by Supreme Court on Monday, if not then Modi government will eliminate by by ordinance or some other national security order. I don’t have much faith in the Supreme Court as the judges seem to be liberals.
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

How much more clear it has to be, action is coming:
https://twitter.com/atahasnain53/status ... 96896?s=21

“Any time, any where. A rogue nation such as yours collapsed in 14 days the last time. We may halve it this time over. With 7 bn USD in your coffers its one bn per day. Kaput after that. We won't feed you thereafter, be sure.”
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mort Walker wrote:Border trade and crossings must end. Tourist visas to Pakistanis must end. Diplomatic missions of TSP must be significantly reduced not just in India but in all of Southern Asia.
you will be surprised as to how many of the pakis already in India with visas will simply vanish off the face of the earth and silently go to ground here. Many of these have already acquired Indian identity via pan, aadhar and voter's cards using "trusted" purveyors of such documents.

many overstay and many more simply melt/disappear into the aam janta.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

FWIW, according to Barkha Dutt, multiple parallel things are happening in Kashmir and some are not fit to be put out in public domain due to their sensitive nature.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

She is pretending to be in the loop.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

Article 35A to be abrogated? 100 paramilitary companies rushed to Jammu-Kashmir;

Can't get link to work -- here is text

Article 35A to be abrogated? 100 paramilitary companies rushed to Jammu-Kashmir; Yasin Malik detained

HIGHLIGHTS
While it is unlikely the Centre will take the final decision before the Supreme Court decides the fate of Article 35A, the nationwide sentiment following the Pulwama terror attack may pressure the Narendra Modi government to do something drastic on Monday after the apex court resumes work and takes a stand on the regime considered discriminatory across the country outside the Kashmir valley

New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir witnessed a long evening of speculations and apprehensions with unverified reports trickling in about Article 35A ahead of the crucial hearing in Supreme Court on Monday. Speculation is rife that the Union government may let go of the contentious article 35A, through an ordinance if it fails to get a favourable verdict from the apex court.

What lent credence to the speculation was a sudden but quiet arrest of separatist leader and JKLF chief Yasin Malik, who will be lodged at the Srinagar central jail. Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Syed Ali Shah Geelani have been placed under house arrest too.

MyNation has reliably learnt that the ministry of home affairs (MHA) in an urgent fax message ordered 100 companies of paramilitary forces to rushed to the Valley over and above the number of forces stationed in the strife-torn state already. The fax was sent to the Jammu and Kashmir chief secretary, the state home secretary and the director general of Jammu and Kashmir Police.

The fax is titled “Deployment of CAPFs coys in J&K”. Among the 100 companies, 45 will be from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), 35 from the Border Security Force (BSF), whereas just 10 are from the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Indo-Tibetan Boder Police (ITBP) each.

The fax reads: “CRPF is requested to ensure immediate movement of forces in coordination with IG (Ops) of all forces”.

The message has “immediate” mentioned on the top, underscoring the urgency of the action.

Sources say more separatist leaders maybe picked up and flown out of the state to avoid a law-and-order situation.

Though there has so far not been any official confirmation of the speculations from the government, Kashmir is on the edge. Eyewitnesses say they have seen choppers hovering over Srinagar.

The Supreme Court is seized of the matter pertaining to the constitutional validity of Article 35A. It was added to the Indian Constitution by a presidential order in 1954.

This controversial provision in the Constitution empowers the state's legislature to frame laws that cannot be challenged on the ground of violation of the right to equality of citizens based in other states, It cannot be challenged on the basis of any other right under the Constitution.

With the general election of 2019 just a few months away, speculations have gained a momentum. With a sudden rush of forces to the state, developments this Monday are to watch out for.

Last edited by komal on 23 Feb 2019 03:33, edited 2 times in total.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

The Pakis (and their supporters in India) have been saying that the attacks benefit Modi as it results in a wave of nationalism and helps his election prospects, hence it could be a false flag operation. Which is bullshit of course.

But looking through Paki media shows, where the topic seems to be India now (virtually all shows on all TV channels), that there might be another angle to this attack and its timing, that we have not considered. Till the attacks, Paki TV was full of Paki politicians going at each other hammer and tongs and there was desperation on the pathetic state of governance and their economy, and open derision for the deep state who basically prop up Im the Dim. The attacks have diverted their attention from fighting with and criticizing the PTI government, their economic distress, and blaming the army for the pathetic situation, and their attention has been focused on India instead.

There is a real possibility that this is what Pakis were trying to achieve with the attacks, i.e provoke India, get threatened, divert attention from domestic issues.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Replying to @atahasnain53

General lets decide in the battlefield, NOT on Twitter.
You started posting first.

9:59 AM - 22 Feb 2019 from Punjab, Pakistan

Syed Ata Hasnain Verified account @atahasnain53

More Syed Ata Hasnain Retweeted Pakistan first

Any time, any where. A rogue nation such as yours collapsed in 14 days the last time. We may halve it this time over. With 7 bn USD in your coffers its one bn per day. Kaput after that. We won't feed you thereafter, be sure.
manoj_niketa
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manoj_niketa »

100 Companies of CAPF is moving in Kashmir with immediate effect
https://twitter.com/Yunii_que/status/10 ... 1619545089
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

ramana wrote:She is pretending to be in the loop.
If she was actually in the loop she would have probably leaked it like now, just like she did at Kargil and then during the NSG ops at 26/11.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

This Twitter thread from Feb 12 has a lot of interesting nuggets and news clips on Lt. General Javed Iqbal Awan and ISI Brigadier Raja Rizwan Ali Haider -

https://twitter.com/AWGoraya/status/1095480338430726144
.@thenews_intl published a story on 1st Feb 2019 titled “Pak elite Agency dismantles international spy network”. ISPR got it deleted. The officials were not named in story. Confirmed names of CIA spies are Lt. General Javed Iqbal Awan and ISI Brigadier Raja Rizwan Ali Haider.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Seems as long as sufficient dinero is involved, false flag ops will get a lot of Paki brass interested. Even in their brass there is a feudal set up. Afsars with land, connection, property >>> than afsars who have just got promoted etc. There is clearly a lot of resentment.
Rohit_K wrote:This Twitter thread from Feb 12 has a lot of interesting nuggets and news clips on Lt. General Javed Iqbal Awan and ISI Brigadier Raja Rizwan Ali Haider -

https://twitter.com/AWGoraya/status/1095480338430726144
.@thenews_intl published a story on 1st Feb 2019 titled “Pak elite Agency dismantles international spy network”. ISPR got it deleted. The officials were not named in story. Confirmed names of CIA spies are Lt. General Javed Iqbal Awan and ISI Brigadier Raja Rizwan Ali Haider.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

ramana wrote:Saip

Can you give the ref please?
While the news about Brigs kidnapping and arrest was also reported by Pakistani media at that time I could not find similar confirmation about the Lt Gen. I do not know how good this site is. For whatever is worth here is the link.

Link
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://swarajyamag.com/world/beyond-sp ... i-pakistan
Beyond Sports Boycott, Here Are India’s Real Options Against A Jihadi Pakistan
The second way of addressing this asymmetry is to grow an unconventional force in Kashmir Valley that both collects information and assassinates jihadis. This cannot be a free-for-all, and we need to do what the US does with jihadi forces: have a judicial cell to vet the evidence and sanction such assassinations of anti-national and violent elements. Ultimately, unconventional warfare can only be defeated by unconventional defence-cum-offence capabilities in India. The CIA does precisely this, and the US President sanctions such legal assassinations based on a controversial 2001 law legislated after 9/11, the Authorisation to Use Military Force. President Barack Obama used this law to plan the assassination of Anwar Awlaki, an American citizen, who was advocating jihad against the US and its citizens, in Yemen.