Pulwama Attack

nam
BRF Oldie

Re: Pulwama Attack

Post by nam »

The Armed forces have been given a free hand and it would respond to Pakistan at time and place of its closing. The respond would need to strong, yet measured and the solution would need to be a long lasting one. A top official in New Delhi tells OneIndia that there would action, without a doubt. The timing and the surprise element is key in such an operation, he also added. The official said that the action would also need to be quick. One could expect action sometime in March, the officer also added
I don't understand the surprise element. Did we have an element of surprise in 71? We had one in 65, what was the result? Pak had enviable element of surprise in Kargil, what happened?

Tactical action I can understand. For strategic action, it is the mass of action.

Frankly loosing faith in the whole thing... Election date will be announced in March. The window is very short.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nam wrote:
I don't understand the surprise element. Did we have an element of surprise in 71? We had one in 65, what was the result? Pak had enviable element of surprise in Kargil, what happened?

Tactical action I can understand. For strategic action, it is the mass of action.

Frankly loosing faith in the whole thing... Election date will be announced in March. The window is very short.
are you saying that once election dates are announced, the IA cannot go into action??

what, exactly, has the one got to do with the other??

Don't tactics work best when the surprise is also present??

or would you rather we attacked now, whilst they were expecting us to, and we took heavy casualties??
Last edited by chetak on 25 Feb 2019 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
viveks
BRFite

Post by viveks »

Mort Walker wrote:35A is an historical artifact as it was intended to stop Englishmen from acquiring property in the state. It has no relevance today and must be abrogated.
She seems to think that the president put in place this article as a bargaining chip for the Kashmiris. Man...these people are so isolated in their thoughts...I think they only post themselves as part of being indian as putting on a show or some sort.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 156407.cms
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

chetak wrote: are you saying that once election dates are announced, the IA cannot go into action??

what, exactly, has the one got to do with the other??

Don't tactics work best when the surprise is also present??

or would you rather we attacked now, whilst they were expecting us to, and we took heavy casualties??

The "when" will be decided by the politicians. Politicians are made for elections. They will drop everything else.

Weren't Pak mobilized along with us in 2001 for more than a year along with us? in case we are expecting them to slack sometime soon.

There can never be a surprise/pre-emptive attack b/w us & Pak. Between the two only we can expect to win a pre-emptive war and we will never initiate it.

It will always be a response to Pak terror attack. It means we will have to respond to already alert Pak forces. Everytime.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

National security has nothing to do with elections. Political clearance has been given already. Don't try to be the army chief. Visit other threads. This thread is screwing up your brain.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

nam wrote:
The "when" will be decided by the politicians. Politicians are made for elections. They will drop everything else.

Weren't Pak mobilized along with us in 2001 for more than a year along with us? in case we are expecting them to slack sometime soon.

There can never be a surprise/pre-emptive attack b/w us & Pak. Between the two only we can expect to win a pre-emptive war and we will never initiate it.

It will always be a response to Pak terror attack. It means we will have to respond to already alert Pak forces. Everytime.
All that said and done, what will satisfy you?

A ppt presentation by PM indicating when they will attack, how they will attack, where they will attack. Goals and SWOT analysis and also the team with specific skill sets? Like a cross between an executive presentation and a game? Since anyway there are no surprises!

Let's say they do give that PPT. What will you do? Identify issues with the plan?

This government carried out surgical strikes. Bakis are running helter-skelter already. They also attacked us with the #TaubaTauba meme over tomatoes. We are doomed only.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

madhu wrote:When will India hit Pakistan? Here is what we know

The Armed forces have been given a free hand and it would respond to Pakistan at time and place of its closing. The respond would need to strong, yet measured and the solution would need to be a long lasting one. A top official in New Delhi tells OneIndia that there would action, without a doubt. The timing and the surprise element is key in such an operation, he also added. The official said that the action would also need to be quick. One could expect action sometime in March, the officer also added
Clearly aimed at Pakis! Loving the mind games being played. Even before the first bullet is fired, India has managed to unnerve the Pakis. They are scrambling to stop India from retaliating. Imran Khan has two begging bowls now - one to beg for dollars from foreign donors and the other one to beg for peace from Modi. Look at the body language of Bajwa and his men in the ISPR videos - they have a "I made a huge mistake" look on their faces. Military response is a matter of when not if. That's for sure.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor
‏@OfficialDGISPR
https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/stat ... 6375693318
Indian Air Force violated Line of Control. Pakistan Air Force immediately scrambled. Indian aircrafts gone back. Details to follow.
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

^ India is forcing them to initiate and testing response time.

So it starts...
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pakistan Air Force immediately scrambled.
Ah, Jarnail, which way?
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

UlanBatori wrote:
Pakistan Air Force immediately scrambled.
Ah, Jarnail, which way?
LOL

Ramana Ji. Pardon please.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hope ban on emoticons is only on the War Drums dhaga, hain? You have to recognize how funny Paki Brigadier-Jarnails can be. My fear is that this WAS the full Retaliation:
Look look we stepped across The Line and they couldn't do anything. NaNaNaNa Na Na!
(SORREE Onlee!) :eek:
Recognize that this was a brave mission to collect vital data, and it must have caused severe tummy upsets in Pindi. Many happy returns, Pakis. It's going to be like this every night from now on: sirens going off at midnight, 1AM, 2AM, 3AM, 4AM. Scramble, race for the planes, sit there, wait for the All Clear. Or the missiles and bombs.

Reminds me of the old story:
The old man was stooping and weak as he swept the floors and cleaned the latrine at the PAF Aphsars' Mess. I asked him how long he had worked there.
"Young man, I was once young like you: a Pilot Officer in the Pakistan Air Fauj, proud pilot of an F104 Starfighter supersonic jet."
Really? What happened?
We were stationed across the LOC. Every night the Air Raid sirens would go off. We would have to get out of bed and scramble, race for the planes, get in, do the check list, start the engines. Then the All Clear would sound, and we would shut down, and go back to bed. An hour later, the same.

We were all looking haggard from lack of sleep. Then one day I had a brilliant idea. A Pathan tradesman brought a monkey, and I bought it off him. My colleagues all bought goats, we won't go into that, no pun intended.
I trained the monkey, offering bananas and Rooh Afza, an occasional sip of Zam Zam Cola. Eventually he got it right.
When the sirens sounded, he would race for my plane, hop on board, put on the helmet, start the engine. When the All Clear sounded, he would shut off, come back to bed for his bananas. Repeat every hour. I started sleeping soundly.
Soon I was getting compliments on my sharp appearance, looking refreshed despite our squadron's terrible sleep-deprived routine. Everything was going fine.

Then what happened?

One night the Indians came.

Oh!
Yes, and so I was demoted to Permanent Latrine Orderly.

And what became of the monkey?
Shh!!! Haven't you seen PAF Air Marshal ***** Khan?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 26 Feb 2019 06:41, edited 5 times in total.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Meanwhile...
Pakistan Defence Command
‏@PDCMDOfficial
https://twitter.com/PDCMDOfficial/statu ... 7115350017
Pakistan Army soldier Jahanzeb embraced martyrdom after being targeted by Indian Sniper on Line of Control (LOC), Bijwat Sector
Bajwat is where Tawi flows in from Jammu
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Interesting choice of word, embrace
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pakonomic Crimes comes out with its lies on Art 35

Not quoting anything from there. ***YAWN!****
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Update from Jarnail:

Indian aircrafts intruded from Muzafarabad sector. Facing timely and effective response from Pakistan Air Force released payload in haste while escaping which fell near Balakot. No casualties or damage.

Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Balakot is in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, ~40 km from the LOC and ~20 km north-west of Muzaffarabad
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

The window of preparing for action ends in first week of March. Thereafter elections will be announced & police forces will start deploying for internal security duties.

There is no indication of major military movement on Indian side. I really wonder what's going on.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Vishnu Som: Strong reports of IAF strikes on Pak targets in the early hours of the morning. Crucial for official reactions. Pak also confirms we hit.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Nikhil T wrote:Update from Jarnail:

Indian aircrafts intruded from Muzafarabad sector. Facing timely and effective response from Pakistan Air Force released payload in haste while escaping which fell near Balakot. No casualties or damage.

The Jarnail has been smoking some strong ganja.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

ELINT News
@ELINTNews
https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/11 ... 1151635456
#UPDATE: Beginning to look like India has struck target(s) inside Pakistan. Plus number of Indian AEW planes up leads you to believe that they think the Pakistanis may be a little pissed. Pakistan claiming they hit nothing (likely downplaying the extent of damage), we shall see
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Nothing on Republic TV or Arnab would be yelling at the top of his lungs. I think this is just Pakis creating FUD.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

If this is true, I'm saying a prayer for the Indian Armed Forces. May God support India in this battle of good versus evil garbage.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

AEW flying over Bathinda after close trip to LoC

https://www.flightradar24.com/SONA/1f9efcca
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Yep just saw this. Lets see.
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

If this is true then there wont be further escalation on Pulwama...
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

local kid reporting a "huge explosion"
Dr Asad Khan
@asadjkhan
Jets are back roaring the skies despite the bad weather after a huge explosion heard near Balakot some 20 kms away from here.
https://twitter.com/asadjkhan/status/11 ... 9339910144?
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Iyersan wrote:If this is true then there wont be further escalation on Pulwama...
What do you mean?
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Anant wrote:
Iyersan wrote:If this is true then there wont be further escalation on Pulwama...
What do you mean?
He means that India will claim that we took revenge of Pulwama. Pak will say nothing happened. Back to old ways after that.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

No, it's not back to old ways. I am amazed you guys arent connecting the dots. Now if there are strikes in India, we are retaliating and TSP instead of defending itself, is trying it's best to be conciliatory. How times have changed.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

I think things are just starting.
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Karan Ji, I totally agree with you.

With Surgical Strike and this IAF strike, Jinn is out of the bottle.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Any plans to start a separate thread if reports of air strikes are confirmed? Will be really helpful to get news from all outlets including social media in one thread...
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Nitin A. Gokhale
@nitingokhale
https://twitter.com/nitingokhale/status ... 6070312960
Two-pronged kinetic action, in air and on ground appears—pl note the word appears—to have happened in Pak-occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Briefing expected on Indian side. So far no official word. Only a very strong buzz. Wait for updates
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hope there are at least 10 sorties, including some to suppress air defenses, meaning take out a couple of PAF bases. Losing a dozen PAF planes on the ground in exchange for one soosai terrorist attack, will create enough tummy burn between PAF and PA.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Isn't it daytime in desh? Daytime air attacks/ special forces attack?
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

UlanBatori wrote:Isn't it daytime in desh? Daytime air attacks/ special forces attack?
Things are leaking now. My guess is predawn post moon set.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I always thought this JF117 Thundaar was just a joke. Pakis have actually deployed them in forward areas?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Better to lose them than the F-16, no?