Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Suraj »

The most interesting thing about this is that we chose to engage the terrorist training grounds deep within TSP territory directly, getting around formal armed forces assets (PAF/PA/PN). This is an interesting dynamic because there's an implicit understanding that the terrorist base is the 'kept hyena' who will be protected by the TSP state apparatus. Every comment by TSP always asserts any Indian action as an action upon them.

It need not be. India can refuse to - as it has done this time - have TSP in the picture at all. It can and should be repeatedly asserted as an Indian action against JeM/LeT or such. That it happened to be on TSP soil is just incidental. The focus should be on the names of terrorists, the locations of camps, the contents of camps, the leadership structure.

This isn't a quest to absolve TSP.. Rather, it's an approach to walk around the keeper and slap the hyena directly. Again, and again. Enough times that the hyena starts biting the keeper that it no longer trusts to protect it. India should repeatedly attack the camps and apparatus but strictly avoid taking on TSP forces directly. Jam them, sabotage them, get around them from Afg, whatever. Hit the camps and run. Rinse, repeat. Let the keeper (TSP state apparatus) and the hyena (the JeM/LeT) handle the strained dynamic where the keeper cannot protect the animal well enough.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

IAF air strike in Pakistan: Mirages took off from Gwalior, not forward base, to retain surprise
Four Sukhoi-30MKI "air dominance" fighters from the Bareilly and Halwara airbases were tasked with "an air defence role" for the mission, with an additional number on hot stand-by. "Pakistan scrambled some fighters but they went back after seeing the large IAF formation...they never came close," said the source.

The operation kicked off just after 2 am, with the Mirage-2000s from their home-base of Gwalior taking to the skies during the "graveyard shift". The fighters were not moved to a forward base before the strikes to retain the element of surprise. "ISI informants are active around forward IAF bases on the western front and promptly report unusual fighter activity," said a source.

The Mirage-2000s, which underwent mid-air refuelling by ILyushin-78s based in Agra, also took a circuitous route to the Muzaffarabad sector along the LOC by avoiding congested airspaces like the one over New Delhi.

IAF also deployed a Phalcon AWACS from Agra and an indigenous mini-AWACS from Bathinda to vector the fighters towards the target as well as track Pakistani jets.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

If Paks try another of their grandslam style adventure, we should let them in and cluster bomb them.

Will make for good photos.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Jerusalem Post comments: (Article cites only Paki claim of no damage)
1. Thank God , the current indian leadership has guts and courage to handle terrorism the Israel way.
2. They didn't kill anyone. The payload landed in an empty clearing and only knocked down 2 trees.
3.It's good that they remain in a state of denial, while the IAF does its thing!! Love the other IAF in the middle east too!! Shalom.
4.According to news reports, India's jets killed about 350 Islamic terrorist planning to cross the Pakistan border into India. Now, why isn't Pakistan grateful for India doing Pakistan's dirty work?
5.Pakistani reports are always accurate since they are so honest. 12 Indian planes intruded. 6 did not drop payloads (AAM and ECM). 6 dropped 2000lb laser-guided payloads in forest and all that is left there is big craters and a nice parking lot with some concrete pieces and some softer pieces.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Rakesh wrote:Lal Topi is just hilarious. He is a modern day Goebbels. Read his twitter feed for a good laugh.
Maybe the PAF can take up a collection to send him on another visit to Saudi for another spanking like the last time.
chilarai
BRFite

Post by chilarai »

Rakesh wrote:https://twitter.com/ZaidZamanHamid/stat ... 8116299788 ---> I am in contact with PAF pilots who are full of passion & rage to attack the Indians...but the rules of engagement is holding them back...many times they lock their missiles on to Indian jets & then lock off...both sides are flying very hostile CAPs in very close proximity.

:rotfl:
Holy Moly !! I am an elite "twit" ! I hardly post on twitter and I am blocked by lal topi on twitter !!!!!!!!!
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

I suspect that PAF might sneak up to or release their bombs from their own airspace at some empty field and than claim equal equal.

In that case, they may think that since no damage was done to India or Indians there won’t be a retaliation.

The other face saving avenue i can think off is intense hostility at LoC and than make claims of killing a large number if Indian soldiers.

The first one is safer but PA would not let PAF walk away with all the glory.
gpurewal
BRFite

Post by gpurewal »

Katare wrote:I suspect that PAF might sneak up to or release their bombs from their own airspace at some empty field and than claim equal equal.

In that case, they may think that since no damage was done to India or Indians there won’t be a retaliation.

The other face saving avenue i can think off is intense hostility at LoC and than make claims of killing a large number if Indian soldiers.

Would it be possible to lure to PAF into Indian Airspace and then swat them out of the sky (using jammers or signal intelligence hardware)? or is this wishful thinking?
Last edited by gpurewal on 27 Feb 2019 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Katare wrote:I suspect that PAF might sneak up to or release their bombs from their own airspace at some empty field and than claim equal equal.

IAF is on high alert, any weapon release would trigger a reaction, even before the weapon reach the empty field.

IAF would be assuming a strike, irrespective where it strikes and will be engage to knock them off the skies.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The biggest side effect of this strike will be on the Chinis.

They cannot now gurantee that their base in Gwadar will be safe, as the assumption that we will never retaliate is broken..

More worrying for them, if IAF can penetrate deep into what is a one of the most heavily guarded airspace and under constant warfare/tension, what would be the state in Tibet. It now where has air-cover compared to Pak! :rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Let the keeper (TSP state apparatus) and the hyena (the JeM/LeT) handle the strained dynamic where the keeper cannot protect the animal well enough.
How many times this can be done is the question. Good discussion for AP's Endgame thread. I fully agree that the desirable outcome is to have the hyena PA(c)K visit the keeper's bedroom at 3AM, in a rage. From north, west, south and southwest converging on LaHore and Islamagood.
If you remember last night/early morning first reports, F-16s / F-117s were reported in intense CAP above ***ABBOTABAD*** (PA/ISI center) leaving Muzzafarabad, Murdike and this Tap Secret Location unguarded. When bombs fell on Balakot, the Prigadier Jarnail laughed it off as "payloads dropped".
PAKISTAN ARMED FAUJ LEFT THE MUJAHEDDIN UNPROTECTED AND RAN AWAY TO COVER THEIR OWN ASSE(T)S!!
Isn't it the same as Kargil? Diff there was that the NLI was Pak Army, only PAF abandoned them to the yindians.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Zaid Hamid

Verified account

On 20th Feb, I had given the final warning to the nation....but the mood in the country was PSL party...& taking the Indians casually...& they surprised us..
Now the entire credibility & respect of IK, PTI Govt & leadership is at stake..they have to respond, else they are done.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

Finally got through all the pages and I cannot stop smiling. :D My country has responded the way we hoped for after each terror attack.

On a side note, for all living close to air bases and cantonments, please be aware and support our forces by being responsible citizens. Do not post troop/vehicle/air movements on social media. Lets not give them an inch of support in any way shape or form. Continue the pitai!

The josh is sky high!
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I Delhi cycling groups are planning Josh ride on the 3 to India gate to honour the memory of our men in uniform.

And to celebrate this strike.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

IndraD wrote:Zaid Hamid

Verified account

On 20th Feb, I had given the final warning to the nation....but the mood in the country was PSL party...& taking the Indians casually...& they surprised us..
Now the entire credibility & respect of IK, PTI Govt & leadership is at stake..they have to respond, else they are done.
If we are lucky, this is going to be good. There will be an inept response and an ever more massive retaliation :rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

TOI: Balakot Camp
Situated on Kunar River, ... facilities for Aquatic Training (to float headless down the Sutlej en route to Houristan)
Also used by HizbUlMujaheddin. 20 kms from the Balakot town, was used for "battle inoculation". Trainers were PA (ex-) officers ..Inspirational lectures by Masood. "Daura e- Khas" training in weapons, explosives, field tactics, attacks on convoys, IEDs, for proper technique for goat-buggering, soosai vehicle prep, high-altitude survival, extreme-stress situations,
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

nam wrote:The biggest side effect of this strike will be on the Chinis.

They cannot now guarantee that their base in Gwadar will be safe, as the assumption that we will never retaliate is broken..

More worrying for them, if IAF can penetrate deep into what is a one of the most heavily guarded airspace and under constant warfare/tension, what would be the state in Tibet. It now where has air-cover compared to Pak! :rotfl:

This action has ramifications for China and also the Kashmir valley. India killed the some chickens to frighten the monkey and also killed the monkey to frighten the chickens, in one go.

I am amazed at the incompetence and delusions of Pakis. I think the IAF has delegitimised the Paki military. Their PAF is an article of faith with Pakis; having first received the halo in 1965, Starfighters against Mysteres and then 1971 with Sabres against Hunters. The F 16 was received ecstatically because it was a potent symbol of American patronage. But this delusional disorder extrapolated the aircraft to the PAF, endowing it with mythically qualities. The IAF demolished all that in one hour.

What next? I think this is the end of the terror chapter of Pakistan as a career criminal. It is too dangerous to the power structure and the Pakistani self-image to continue. I expect demonstrations in Lahore.
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

New tactics by unofficial terrorists in Pakistan , after these late night strikes is not to sleep at night but during the day.☺️
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

sanjaykumar wrote:
nam wrote:The biggest side effect of this strike will be on the Chinis.

They cannot now guarantee that their base in Gwadar will be safe, as the assumption that we will never retaliate is broken..

This action has ramifications for China and also the Kashmir valley. India killed the some chickens to frighten the monkey and also killed the monkey to frighten the chickens, in one go.

I am amazed at the incompetence and delusions of Pakis. I think the IAF has delegitimised the Paki military. Their PAF is an article of faith with Pakis; having first received the halo in 1965, Starfighters against Mysteres and then 1971 with Sabres against Hunters. The F 16 was received ecstatically because it was a potent symbol of American patronage. But this delusional disorder extrapolated the aircraft to the PAF, endowing it with mythically qualities. The IAF demolished all that in one hour.

What next? I think this is the end of the terror chapter of Pakistan as a career criminal. It is too dangerous to the power structure and the Pakistani self-image to continue. I expect demonstrations in Lahore.
Let’s hope it’s not over yet. Let us hope we get to enjoy more Pakistani stupidity and the subsequent thrashings before it finally ends.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Iftikhar Firdous
@IftikharFirdous
https://twitter.com/IftikharFirdous/sta ... 006427136/
25% of beds in hospitals across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to be reserved for ‘National Cause’. The prognosis seems to be coming true. #Pakistan

ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Air Forces Strikes Pakistan along with Ground Assault

Post by ks_sachin »

DrRatnadip wrote:I think Use of Mirage 2000 is also significant as it is our original nuke delivery platform.. This gives them right message.. am I overthinking?
Yes
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Rohit_K wrote:Iftikhar Firdous
@IftikharFirdous
https://twitter.com/IftikharFirdous/sta ... 006427136/
25% of beds in hospitals across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to be reserved for ‘National Cause’. The prognosis seems to be coming true. #Pakistan.
The date is wrong.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

^ That's only going to feed conspiracy theories that pak gov knew about it but kept military in dark. The deal was brokered by Saudi in exchange for $$.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Air Forces Strikes Pakistan along with Ground Assault

Post by Kakkaji »

Venkarl wrote:Shekhar Gupta's advise to Immu Pathanwalah

Bhailog...what do I boast about my sense of pride? Its soaring high...congratulations to all of us.

Next thing on To Do list: Eliminate Dawood RAW style
The look on the faces of all the jernails in Immy's meeting tells the story, much more truthfully than Ghafoor's press conference. :)
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr

Balakot witnessed an anti-terror strike 188 years ago too, here's a slice from history

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/68173459.cms?from=mdr&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

What's this all about, SBajwa? Is this something significant?
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Praveen Swami's reportage about the Kulbhushan Jadhav case will forever taint his journalistic credentials. A brave Indian went into the lions den with nothing but his wits and his two arms to defend himself. Jadhav did that to defend the sorry ass of Praveen Swami, and with his life hanging by a thread, Swami reported what he did. He is an extremely dubious charater.

But he has reported something from a former strike corps commander of the Pakistani Army, so probably worth going over.
Lt Gen Tariq Khan, former commander of the Mangla-based I Corps, Pakistan’s key strike formation, laid out the country’s new strategic dilemma in comments posted on a private WhatsApp group on Tuesday.

Each Indian cross-border strike, Gen Khan noted “erode our position of deterring war through our nuclear capability”—the keystone of the strategy of a weaker conventional power. That, in turn, means “we become more and more vulnerable to an asymmetric conventional threat”.

Thus, Gen Khan went on, “Our response should be to escalate and push the envelope of hostilities so that nuclear war is a likely outcome.” In his view, such an action “is not likely to escalate beyond reasonable boundaries because the rungs in the escalation ladder are so many that signatures leading to total war will reveal themselves well before [such a] war actually breaks out”. (In other words, Paks will back down as the 'signatures' of nuclear war make themselves visible)

India, he argues, “simply will not go down this road”: the larger, richer state, it has more to lose in an all-out conflict.

Ever since the 2001-02 near-war with India, Pakistan’s military establishment has argued that any Indian strike across the border, no matter how shallow, could be met with nuclear weapons, potentially plunging both countries into a nuclear apocalypse. Shireen Mazari, now a minister in Prime Minister Imran Khan’s cabinet, has argued “Pakistan has to go for a one-rung escalation ladder” -- that is, to reach for its nuclear weapons.

For the most part, Indian commentators have cast these claims as a bluff but seen through the optics of Islamabad there’s more than hyperbole.

“Deterrence,” Gen Khan argues, “is a mindset and never a tangible posture. It is an outcome of a possibility” [emphasis added]. For Pakistan’s generals, the real question is how to revive that possibility in Indian minds.

So what can the Pakis do to make nuclear war a 'likely outcome', while still controlling the thermostat of the conflict so the likely outcome does not become the actual outcome?

1. Further escalate the terror war using Jaish proxies.

2. An act of war so egregious, that public opinion makes an Indian response a near certainty.
2.a Assassination.
2.b Shoot down/Hijack a civil airliner.

3. Conventional aggression, such as a surprise torpedoing of an Indian ship or a surprise raid on an airfield followed by a quick jaunt to the UNSC.

4. Deploy Nasr with crore commanders, while also raising the temperature at the IB/LoC.

I am scratching my head trying to figure out how this Pakistani general can achieve what he claims. Either there is a space for fighting a sub-conventional war, or there isnt. And if one participant can play in that gray zone, two can do so.

Each of these options that Pakis think are open to them will need a well thought out political, diplomatic and communication response and I have full confidence in our babus that they are on top of this. But I do think, there is still some time for this latest crisis to unroll and Pakis will want to have another throw of the dice.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

^^

I have been watching Paki channels for a long time now.

Their minds, all of them, are full of Ummah garbage. So, to them, even nuclear war is rational for Pakistan. Their logic is: if Pakistan is destroyed, there are 50+ more Muslim nations that will survive. But if India is destroyed, they would have destroyed the oldest Kafir civilization in the world.

There are enough crazed idiots who think like this, even in the top rungs of their military.

This snake's poisonous teeth will need to be pulled out quickly before it can use them.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

IF they flash the nuke card openly and India goes ahead with another airs strike what is left of that card?

At that point they either have to use it or it looses it's deterrence potential for ever.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kakkaji wrote:^^

Their minds, all of them, are full of Ummah garbage. So, to them, even nuclear war is rational for Pakistan. Their logic is: if Pakistan is destroyed, there are 50+ more Muslim nations that will survive. But if India is destroyed, they would have destroyed the oldest Kafir civilization in the world.

There are enough crazed idiots who think like this, even in the top rungs of their military.

This snake's poisonous teeth will need to be pulled out quickly before it can use them.
They have a serious math problems.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/11 ... 0500028416

"ELINT News
‏@Homesecpak confirms to me that Pakistan is now testing its Civil Defence sirens in Islamabad & Rawalpindi. These sirens have not been tested in many years, this is not normal & is in relation to spiralling tensions on the border (& possibility of Pakistani retaliation)"
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Why would you try to send dentists with pliers to pull the teeth of a poisonous snake? A flame thrower or blow-torch will do the job quite permanently. Whole snake, not teeth, mijjile etc.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Daybreak should be coming up soon. I assume nothing major happened.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Kakkaji wrote:^^

I have to disagree with you, they are homicidal yes, but none of the commanders are suicidal. If you look at it from their point of view, having the nukes allowed them to wage jihad on the Kafirs without any consequence. Whatever consequences came their way, only allowed their army to further aggrandize its role, and their boys to play 'fancy dress' putting on red caps and so on. From their point of view, what was the loss?

Yes, Pakistan has the WORST IMR in the whole world, yes Pakistan is the last country in the world to have Polio, Yes, their poor and middle class are reducing in height as a result of poor nutrition, Yes, their middle class can not travel anywhere.. But from the point of view of the crore commander and his feudal circle, what exactly is the problem here? They are Kings of turd town, but they are Kings!

And virtually all of this has come about because of the nukes and the jihad they enabled. They are not going to let go of this card just like that. Right now they are in denial mode, when they get to bargaining, things can get interesting.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

sanjaykumar wrote:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr

Balakot witnessed an anti-terror strike 188 years ago too, here's a slice from history

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/68173459.cms?from=mdr&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

What's this all about, SBajwa? Is this something significant?
Saeed Ahmed barelvi from RaeBareli (Sonia Gandhi's constituency) went over to Afghans to start a Jihad against Sarkar Khalsa (Maharaja Ranjit Singh). Hari Singh Nalwa took care of this force and finished them in less than a day. Ahmed Barelvi was beheaded and is buried there., along with other terrorists. He is the one that started Jihadi factory and is known as a "Shaheed" among terrorists and thus their inspiration point.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sudeep,

Praveen Swami is the usual guy Pak establishment messages through. He takes the scraps they throw off their table and fulfills their agenda. What guarantee is it that this private message etc was not specifically meant for him to communicate and threaten us through? Remember how that bomb Khan threatened India through Kuldeep Nayyar (another WKK).
We should just keep hitting back.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Anant wrote:Daybreak should be coming up soon. I assume nothing major happened.
At around 6-7 am, a vast number of Indians will visit Pakistan, some with lota, some without, some rubbing their bellies. Dont ask me for details. :lol:
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

pankajs wrote:IF they flash the nuke card openly and India goes ahead with another airs strike what is left of that card?

At that point they either have to use it or it looses it's deterrence potential for ever.
Exactly. They have been flashing the card all the time. But this time the bluff is called. Pakistan cant respond with nukes. What will they respond with?

I do not think this operation has anything to do with destroying the camp. One TSP general pointed out that a lot of camps could have been taken out by long range guns.

I think the point with this attack is the humiliate the Pakistani Military. They cant sustain a war (unless china starts financing it. So their choice is; give up the jehadis or be drawn in a war. US is not going to support Pakistan nor is EU or Russia. China is not happy about the jehadis either, neither do they want to loose the investments they have made.
But most critical of all, TSP needs money. They don't have cash.
aharam
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aharam »

The acknowledgment of this strike is highly interesting. It is intended as a political message and choice of target, its separation from collateral damage and sheer execution is excellent. This is when one wishes one was there :-)

To all those that were there, my heartfelt congratulations on a mission well executed.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Another thing, this entire control the thermostat business of not having a nuclear war while going on the path of nuclear war from the Pak General is BS. Every scrap India and Pak have, Pak emerges the worst for it, its military mauled, its coffers empty... so what exactly do they gain from constantly escalating?
This joker was the head of their so-called strike corps. He shouldnt be allowed to command a fleet of toy cars, the dimwit.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Karan M wrote:
Anant wrote:Daybreak should be coming up soon. I assume nothing major happened.
At around 6-7 am, a vast number of Indians will visit Pakistan, some with lota, some without, some rubbing their bellies. Dont ask me for details. :lol:
I laughed out loud :rotfl: I'm just curious as to the next level of Paki idiocy.