Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Forces Strikes Pakistan Terrorist Camps

Post by Mort Walker »

Airspace north of DEL is empty and about 200KM from border into India.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

yes..pretty unusual for the time of day, when most int'l flights leave. I have been a regular at IGI at this time for last 3 years and it is very busy time of the day for outbound flights.
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

disha wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:airspace is vacant, hopefully jhapads will come tonight
What happens if their airspace is kept vacant for 3 days? Anything that pops up, we shoot it down. Rinse and repeat for 3 days.

In effect, we have enforced a no-fly zone all over Bakistan!

And Cheen is not going to come to their aid. US has abandoned them. Former-UK is more worried about Brexit. France is going to be chair of UNSC and is reported to be looking to isolate Bakis in UNSC.
Not so fast.. I don't trust anyone on this coming to our support. It all started with US testing our patience. India needs to think beyond the Pigs and see if it can dent the actual culprit i.e. some Redzkin too.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

By the way, in today's fight IAF was holding fort and waiting for PAF to attack. We cannot fire BVR of PAF jet until they attacked and cannot chase them deep in to Pak.

Now onwards it will not be case. We will on offensive and PAF on defence.

There will lot of BVR shots, as we sweeping the sky to make way..
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Mort Walker wrote:Airspace north of DEL is empty and about 200KM from border into India.
There aren't that many flights to north-of-Delhi destinations even otherwise. Amritsar is too close to border, Chandigarh is an IAF field right? which would explain closure. Srinagar, Jammu off-limits as usual. Anyway Kashmir flights are all daytime so are the flights to Dharamsala, Kullu etc.

This together with no flights overflying pak means no traffic North of Delhi.

Wonder how much overflight $$ they are losing with this closure. Hope it persists.
Last edited by yensoy on 27 Feb 2019 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

Even in France and Germany, this news hasn't made the front pages. The purchase of Air France-KLM is top news in france.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

some flights headed delhi in next 2 hours.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

ok I know emotions are making people play fast and loose with reality, but we need to know our capabilities and our allies, not saying they are set in stone, they are highly dynamic, but choosing fights and opponents is important.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ArjunPandit wrote:yes..pretty unusual for the time of day, when most int'l flights leave. I have been a regular at IGI at this time for last 3 years and it is very busy time of the day for outbound flights.
Has there been any guidance from ICAO or NOTAMs issued?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

John wrote:Even in France and Germany, this news hasn't made the front pages. The purchase of Air France-KLM is top news in france.
now its on frontpage of wsj
https://www.wsj.com/articles/pakistan-s ... 1551251647
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Let's hope porkies sleep tonight, with dawn will come more surprise.

1. IAF Mig-21 fell on PoK side, meaning we were after them in their controlled territory.
2. F-16, or Bunder went down, that too in their own airspace.

So complete engagement happened in their airspace, not sure what they are celebrating.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

ArjunPandit wrote:
John wrote:Even in France and Germany, this news hasn't made the front pages. The purchase of Air France-KLM is top news in france.
now its on frontpage of wsj
Yea took long enough but CNN still hasn't updated the headlines :roll:
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

ashishvikas wrote:Paki airspace remains empty no doubt, but airspace over north of Delhi this empty at 22:50. Something's coming up.
Wrong. There is enough commercial air traffic over New Delhi. I can count over 15-20 a/c on approach or having departed.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

We have satellites and drones that can take images of the drowned F-16 jets, don't we? I hope we will release those images at some point of time.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

This is good. This is the closest thing to a “Free Hand” Prime Minister Modi will get.

We will know that there is serious concern about where this is going once different Governments start whipping their media into a frenzy.

The quiet and being relegated back into the “international” section of newspapers is very good.
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

If we go ahead and make Pakis pay for their sins in Baluchistan, do we engage only in Air. How about putting some SF teams.
I have serious doubts (maybe miscalculated) about Baluch fighters in serious standoff with the Pakis.
Unkil did the same during Afghan invasion. SF team go for selected hi-profile targets while Baluch fighters can put on resistance.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

hanumadu wrote:We have satellites and drones that can take images of the drowned F-16 jets, don't we? I hope we will release those images at some point of time.
Forget that F-16, what is about to happen will make that F-16 look like fender-bender with an auto rickshaw.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Pakis displaying a POW is a violation of the Geneva conventions.
SKrishna
BRFite

Post by SKrishna »

John wrote:Interesting both Chinese and Russian media are gloating about Mig-21 shooting down "US" made F-16, US media has been mum about it.
Links please
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote: Led by stal warts of this Forum itself.
Very disappointed by attitudes of forum members.
You want display of series?
Same attitude of British Military Intel when Gurkhas returning from night patrols demanded proof of Nazi kills.

Please leave the forum.
Right.now.
You can return later.
@ramana Sir, I do not know to whom you intended the above post. But if it was intended for me, then I think my post has been severely misconstrued.

The reference to "arm chair warriors sitting behind screens" in my post is reference to people like me who are behind computer screens.

I trust and have full faith in our leadership and our armed forces to do the needful. I do not need them (our leaders/armed forces) to provide visuals or proofs or serial numbers or anything to prove their valor or courage.

I will still leave the forum and all its threads. The dhoti-shiver and the FUD posted by members from baki fora on this thread is killing in itself.
Last edited by disha on 27 Feb 2019 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Was our AWACS not active when the pakis intruded? We should have been able to notice them from very far out and scrambled our jets well in advance, shouldn't we?
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Folks, shared some more thoughts in the aftermath of today's situation. Just realized something while doing so
Btw here’s something I just realized – After every such battle in this war, the Pakis lose their ruler.
1947-48 – Jinnah & Liaqat
1965 – Ayub
1971 – Yahya, and later, Bhutto
1987 (Brasstacks) – Zia
1999 – Nawaz
Right before 26/11 – Musharraf

Do you folks see a pattern too?
Blog Link
Twitter Link
The question now is, what next?

An IAF pilot in Paki custody is no doubt a liability for India.

BUT …

I also believe it is also a liability for Pakis themselves, esp since the Brown Pants Propagandu-in-Chief himself has acknowledged it.
Even during Kargil, Flt Lt Nachiketa was returned after 8-10 days. But that was when the Pakis still had the moral upper hand in the war – the Indian Army was still just about getting its act together in early June that summer. This time things aren’t quite the same, though.

There is no Indian land in Paki custody (except for the entire issue of PoK + GB of course). And a bigger retaliation by India is more or less a given IMO.

All I’ll offer is that Wing Commander Abhinandan is in for a few difficult days in the near future, till his repatriation

And this is exactly what makes things difficult for his Paki captors too – to keep him safe and in good health till such time. Of course, they may try and use him as a leverage to DEMAND a de-escalation from India.
What happens next will decide whether Pakis can retain their nuke bluff or not. One reason they tried this stunt of earlier today was the difficulty in managing the yahoos within, no doubt.

But another was also that their nuke bluff was under threat.

Well, here’s some breaking news – the nuke bluff is STILL under threat!

Atleast until the GOI makes it clear that they are backing down. And that, IMO, is highly unlikely due to the past reputation of this govt and the upcoming elections.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Mort Walker wrote:Pakis displaying a POW is a violation of the Geneva conventions.
Considering Porkistan, that is a good thing. I just want him back home.

I was afraid that he would end up like Sqn Ldr Ajay Ahuja during Kargil in 1999.

But since they released a video, I am relieved. I will be happy when he is back home. Pray for that.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

hanumadu wrote:We have satellites and drones that can take images of the drowned F-16 jets, don't we? I hope we will release those images at some point of time.
They probably do, but are following a planned script. Let TSP admit they’ve lost an aircraft.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

hanumadu wrote:Was our AWACS not active when the pakis intruded? We should have been able to notice them from very far out and scrambled our jets well in advance, shouldn't we?
That’s exactly what happened and why they weren’t able to finish their mission, which was to take out an Ammo dump.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

hanumadu wrote:Was our AWACS not active when the pakis intruded? We should have been able to notice them from very far out and scrambled our jets well in advance, shouldn't we?
I doubt we have enough AWACS for a 24/7 coverage all across the border
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

How do you suppose we had those interceptors up in the first place? We could not engage until the crossed the LoC. And that is exactly what happened.

They crossed..we engaged..they turned around...our pilots pursued..shot one Paki a/c out of the sky..the MiG21 Bis was caught in ground fire...came down.
Last edited by rajithn on 27 Feb 2019 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Confirmed MiG-21. Look at the photo in this There's the centerbody of the intake. So much for "Su-30" hopes of Pakis/dhoti-shiverers. Guys, from 1965, I have learned that Indian Official Reports come from a Babucracy that is way too complex for any deliberate lies to survive. The statements prove TRUE, as I discovered 25 years later.

So the story stands: Pakis intruded into Indian airspace. CAP wing commander gave Hot Pursuit and downed an F-16, but MiG 21 travels much faster than an F-16 so got hit by exploding wreckage. See UBCN WAG above. The above photo provides much of the confirmation, but we have to retract our belief that debris got ingested into the intake: the intake seems to have survived until ground impact. F-16 debris may have destroyed a wing.

Pakis saw TWO planes coming from Indian side of LOC crashing and believed that their AA fire had done both. Ha!
Last edited by UlanBatori on 27 Feb 2019 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

ArjunPandit wrote: now its on frontpage of wsj

Unpaywalled
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Picklu wrote:
disha wrote:
What happens if their airspace is kept vacant for 3 days? Anything that pops up, we shoot it down. Rinse and repeat for 3 days.

In effect, we have enforced a no-fly zone all over Bakistan!

And Cheen is not going to come to their aid. US has abandoned them. Former-UK is more worried about Brexit. France is going to be chair of UNSC and is reported to be looking to isolate Bakis in UNSC.
We need to publicly declare the no-fly zone enforcement now if that is true

Without declaring it in public, the effect is lost

Do you understand that the TSP also have their limits. They have nukes. Besides, Pakistan does possess a fairly potent AF. IAF could not even if they wanted to.

It is all about reaching the objective. Indias objective is to demonstrate that India will not accept nuclear blackmail. Pakistans armed forces objective is to show that they can defend the country. It is not in Indias interest to humiliate Pakistan, we just want the blackmail to stop.

TSP "retaliation" is was just a face saving mission. They flew over and tossed a bomb in an empty field. They just wanted to show their own public that they are potent. IAF persued and got shot down. TSP got lucky and they know it. Indias claim of shooting down the F-16 has not been commented by TSP. It may be true or not. But it all does not matter. What matters is that TSP cant feel safe with this proxy war any more. Pakistan understands that they do not have any international support, they understand that they cant sustain a war with a nation 9 times larger, they understand that they are no match for India. They understand that in a war they will either have to accept defete or bring the nukes to the table. Something no one in their right mind wants to do.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Rishirishi wrote:
Picklu wrote:

Do you understand that the TSP also have their limits. They have nukes. Besides, Pakistan does possess a fairly potent AF. IAF could not even if they wanted to.

It is all about reaching the objective. Indias objective is to demonstrate that India will not accept nuclear blackmail. Pakistans armed forces objective is to show that they can defend the country. It is not in Indias interest to humiliate Pakistan, we just want the blackmail to stop.

Pakistan understands that they do not have any international support, they understand that they cant sustain a war with a nation 9 times larger, they understand that they are no match for India. They understand that in a war they will either have to accept defete or bring the nukes to the table. Something no one in their right mind wants to do.
Really? how do you know "they understand"?

Please provide links to substantiate your claims.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Rishirishi wrote:
Picklu wrote:

TSP "retaliation" is was just a face saving mission. They flew over and tossed a bomb in an empty field. They just wanted to show their own public that they are potent. IAF persued and got shot down. TSP got lucky and they know it. Indias claim of shooting down the F-16 has not been commented by TSP. It may be true or not. But it all does not matter. What matters is that TSP cant feel safe with this proxy war any more. Pakistan understands that they do not have any international support, they understand that they cant sustain a war with a nation 9 times larger, they understand that they are no match for India. They understand that in a war they will either have to accept defete or bring the nukes to the table. Something no one in their right mind wants to do.
Then lets not talk about enforcing no-fly zone
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

They tossed a bomb in an empty field and went back like they always meant to do, I suppose the ammo dump targeting is just one mass hallucination. That is war, we do not want to humiliate pak, we want to break it.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

I see a Turkmainstan airline going to Delhi how will they get to their country without flying over no-flying zone. i guess they will be parked
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ArjunPandit wrote: now its on frontpage of wsj
AP, that wreckage is of the Indian helo and the soldiers and civilians are all Indian. Seen in enough places now to confirm.
Shardul
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Shardul »

Neither Govt nor Modi will take India down. It's the mango public like us asking Modi to come and address us / clear things to public kinda demand will let us down. The people who talk about war but develop cold feet when face a single setback. The people who vomit even on the sight of blood, forget about giving or taking blood for the country will take us down. Brothers why to get killed in bus/ shopping mall or cafe by terrorist. Back the Govt let's give then unconditional support without questioning the wisdom / capability / commitment and finish the cycle of this terror for ever. This is our moment,if we can't do it this time we won't be able to do it for next 10 yes.
satya
BRFite

Post by satya »

Tonight it is inshallah
SidSoma
BRFite

Post by SidSoma »

rajithn wrote:
How do you suppose we had those interceptors up in the first place? We could not engage until the crossed the LoC. And that is exactly what happened.

They crossed..we engaged..they turned around...our pilots pursued..shot one Paki a/c out of the sky..the MiG21 Bis was caught in ground fire...came down.
Our Pilot was heroic and brave... may not be wise but Heroic yes.... I think the best path is to de esculate as there is nothing we are going to achieve unless we get M Azar or H Saeed etc. What is the fun in dropping bombs over some brigade HQ. We have already proven that we can do that. Currently our focus is to retrive our pilot, find out which sleeper cell got our Mi-17 and the biggest dhoti pull that there is a Nucluear threshold in place by PAK and they will not esculate at the drop of a hat. This is the biggest take away we have so far.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Unless I'm wrong Flightradar24 is showing no departures from New Delhi Airport. Lots of arrivals. I did check the departure list at the airport. Not sure any international heavies would be departing yet.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

SBajwa wrote:I see a Turkmainstan airline going to Delhi how will they get to their country without flying over no-flying zone. i guess they will be parked
And that airplane is heading straight over to Turkmenistan over Punjab, bakistan, POK and KHP.
Last edited by SBajwa on 27 Feb 2019 23:47, edited 1 time in total.