Last Page of Previous News Thread ---> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7695&start=320
Last Page of Previous Discussion Thread ---> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7694&start=2200
Starting off a new discussion thread with some verified facts to date and instructions for all posters. The facts below will change with further verifiable info.
1) A strike package consisting of 12 Mirage 2000s struck JeM terrorist training camps in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) province in Pakistan around 3:30 a.m. (Indian Standard Time) on Feb 26, 2019. This air strike was in response to the JeM suicide bomber attack on Feb 14, 2019 killing 40 CRPF jawans in Pulwama, Kashmir. The air strike was successful in eliminating the training camps that were targeted. There was no losses of Indian Air Force aircraft or personnel in this incident.
2) The Pakistan Air Force responded on Feb 27, 2019 on Indian military installations in the Naushera sector - an Indian Army Brigade HQ and an ammunition depot. However the PAF strike package was intercepted by an Indian Air Force CAP (Combat Air Patrol) team - consisting of the MiG-21 Bison and the Su-30MKI - flying in the area.
3) Upon detection of the CAP team, the PAF strike force turned back. One of the MiG-21 Bison aircraft gave chase to the PAF strike package, crossed the Line of Control and shot down a PAF F-16 with a R-73 close combat missile. In the ensuing battle the MiG-21 was possibly shot down by a MANPAD (MAN P
efense system). This info will be updated as more verifiable data comes to light.
4) The IAF pilot who was shot down is Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman. He is currently being held in custody with the Pakistan Army. Videos of interrogations of Wing Commander Varthaman have been released by the Pakistan Army. It has been reported that Pakistan will release Wing Commander Varthaman on March 01, 2019.
The above are the facts that stand as of right now. What the moderators want to see from posters is the following;
1) No Rona-Dhona of any kind. India is in a de-facto state of war with Pakistan. We will likely lose more men and more equipment. This is what happens in war. If you cannot stomach this, please do NOT post. Do not vent your anger on the forum. It is counterproductive to the discussion at hand and then moderators and other forum members have to waste their energy on you. If you still display Rona-Dhona, you will be banned. No exceptions.
2) Do not talk about movements of army formations, squadron movements or naval assets of the Indian Armed Forces on the forum. If you disobey this rule, you will be banned. No exceptions.
3) No more whining about why MiG-21 was doing CAP in the area. You do not know better than the Indian Air Force (please spare us your analysis) and therefore you need to think before you post. Wing Commander Varthaman, in the best traditions of the Indian Air Force and what any self respecting and aggressive combat pilot would do, gave chase and shot down a F-16 of the Pakistan Air Force. That is what he was trained to do. If you continue to post nonsense on this, you will be banned. No exceptions.
4) No one liners, sarcastic comments or insinuations. If you have nothing value to add to the discussion, please continue reading. You will learn more and therefore be more aware of the situation. No one is interested in reading your despondency. Moderators and other level headed forum members are not psychiatrists and we are not here to molly coddle you, just because you feel the need to act out like a child. If you disobey this rule, you will be banned. No exceptions.
5) Expect the worst and plan for the best with regards to Wing Commander Varthaman. We are dealing with a nation that has no sense of moral decency with respect to POWs. If something has to happen to him, you must stay calm. It does not respect him or his family by you ranting and raving on the forum. Not good for the forum or for your own personal health. I say again, we are at war with an enemy that has no moral compass. Pray for Wing Commander Varthaman's safe return. Pray for his family. That is what we *MUST* do now.
6) Do not visit Pakistani propaganda twitter accounts and websites. It will only further demoralize you. Psy-Ops is what they excel at. So do yourself and the forum a favour and please stay away.
7) Stick together and stay united. We are only as strong as our weakest link. Please do not be that weak link that brings us all down.
Jai Hind! Humara Bharat Mahan!