Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
anishns
BRFite

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by anishns »

That Soutik BiswAAS c****tiya mc bc India correspondent from BBC has done a piece on Modi vs Khan - who won the propaganda. Read only if you don’t have high BP issues. I don’t want to post the link here. Damn these urban naxal have deep widespread connections

In contrast the slumbad correspondent has done a piece which portrays Pakis as angels.

Alas!
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:In this particular case, all six will be accorded a military funeral with full honors.
Thanks for all the details. All I meant to say is that, a perception should not be allowed to settle in that other martyrs were ignored and Wg.Cdr Abhinandan only get a good recognition.
Sanju wrote:In the josh of the returning WingCo, many may have missed it.
Yes. That was my concern as well. For a change I actually watched some news program on TV yesterday (late in the evening). But did not find any news on the military honours for the six men.
Aditya_V wrote:I dont like women and children dying, but the way the POK civilians behaved in trying to capture Abhinandan was terrible, many behaved pathetically.
PoK civilians actually bashed up the PAF F-16 pilot who bailed out. Seems to be pretty rustic people who bash up any one who they don't like.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

anishns wrote:That Soutik BiswAAS c****tiya mc bc India correspondent from BBC has done a piece on Modi vs Khan - who won the propaganda. Read only if you don’t have high BP issues. I don’t want to post the link here. Damn these urban naxal have deep widespread connections

In contrast the slumbad correspondent has done a piece which portrays Pakis as angels.

Alas!
That's ok .. It does raise BP but has ZERO impact where it matters i.e. amongst the masses who will determine Modi's fate and even on twitters. I had posted a poll conducted by a Libturd on the very same question and Modi came out ahead with 71% vote. Also, amongst the decision maker worldwide it does not matter for they can see beyond the twitter chatter and gut feel of libturds. Will give a little kick to the turds .. that's all.

These folks write from their Ivory tower for their foreign masters. NYT too seems to think India was embarrassed in this last round. Gora and gora-pasand write from their vantage. Theek hai.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Some delusional bakis are still insisting on a missing Sikh pilot supposedly caught on their side.

Arre bhai, IAF has declared that we have NO pilots missing. IF your government has any prove the IAF wrong by bringing him to the front. The fact remains that a bearded jihadi pilot bailed out in POK and these folks mistook him for a Sikh and bashed him up and now he is dead! See how nicely every data point is neatly explained.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

every paki twitterer seems pretty desperate to bring india to talks table.
there is nothing to talk about.
they know who to hand over, can be @ wagah, can be @ nepal border if they want to preserve face
syed salahuddin
dawood ibrahim
hafeez saeed
masood azhar
these 4 will be a good start to fraternal peace between the 2 countries as india does not covet pak land or treasure

====

Khuram Malik
@kmalikk
10h10 hours ago
More Khuram Malik Retweeted Khuram Malik
As expected,
#Abhinandan’s release allows #Modi to authorize heavy weapons targeting civilians across #LOC in #Kotli

It’s time for #Pakistan to:
1-Withdraw from #Afghan peace process
2-Claim 2nd bird & produce the monkey

& Not concede an inch until world brings #India to table!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

I saw the cremation of Mi17 pilots shown briefly in a few channels.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

after getting pants down with the amraam c5 piece, a twitter campaign is on that india used the M777 howitzer in yesterdays shelling.

maybe we did or did not , but it does not come with any end user restrictions to my knowledge. its just a howitzer and not a particularly good one imo but does fire shells. needs too much manual staff work imo.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

I saw the cremation of Mi17 pilots shown briefly in a few channels.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Singha wrote:every paki twitterer seems pretty desperate to bring india to talks table.
there is nothing to talk about.
they know who to hand over, can be @ wagah, can be @ nepal border if they want to preserve face
syed salahuddin
dawood ibrahim
hafeez saeed
masood azhar
these 4 will be a good start to fraternal peace between the 2 countries as india does not covet pak land or treasure

====

Khuram Malik
@kmalikk
10h10 hours ago
More Khuram Malik Retweeted Khuram Malik
As expected,
#Abhinandan’s release allows #Modi to authorize heavy weapons targeting civilians across #LOC in #Kotli

It’s time for #Pakistan to:
1-Withdraw from #Afghan peace process
2-Claim 2nd bird & produce the monkey

& Not concede an inch until world brings #India to table!
Delusional ... just Sushma Swaraj at OIC should have been signal enough but they have blocked out all non-confirming data. Theek hai. Closing ones eye to the truth will not change the truth.

In my last post I was referencing to the highlighted part.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Singha wrote:after getting pants down with the amraam c5 piece, a twitter campaign is on that india used the M777 howitzer in yesterdays shelling.

maybe we did or did not , but it does not come with any end user restrictions to my knowledge. its just a howitzer and not a particularly good one imo but does fire shells. needs too much manual staff work imo.
Yup saw that one too .. just one message but it seems to have caught on. Even assuming it was used, what does M777 do that others cannot?

They are desperate for an == and clutching at any straw. Theek hai.
ShankarC
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ShankarC »

Last edited by ShankarC on 02 Mar 2019 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

While scavenging phoren media about general perception on balakot episode, I am afraid friends we have lost the propaganda battle. Most rags I.e. usual suspects have picked up the paki line of the narrative. We are the warmongers apparently :roll:

Then I chanced upon this farticle from WaPo and thought, hey! This one sounds more balanced and at least brings up the pulwana cause & effect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 23644b06ec

Guess what it is written by our own Darka Butt :rotfl:
What gives???
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

anishns wrote:While scavenging phoren media about general perception on balakot episode, I am afraid friends we have lost the propaganda battle. Most rags I.e. usual suspects have picked up the paki line of the narrative. We are the warmongers apparently :roll:

Then I chanced upon this farticle from WaPo and thought, hey! This one sounds more balanced and at least brings up the pulwana cause & effect.

What gives???
Do not give too much importance to these farts. The gora public does not care. The folks who matter haven't uttered much and most of it is sympathetic to India.

These farts are written to unsettle folks like you and me who look up to the goras for the *truth*. There was one famous Indian handle who wrote on twitter as much ... some thing to the effect "I don't rely on the Indian or the Baki accounts .. Give me some dope BBC/CNN"
Last edited by pankajs on 02 Mar 2019 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gunnvant »

anishns wrote:While scavenging phoren media about general perception on balakot episode, I am afraid friends we have lost the propaganda battle. Most rags I.e. usual suspects have picked up the paki line of the narrative. We are the warmongers apparently :roll:

What gives???
Ghar wapsi Finally !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:roll:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Tactical alignment with the current sentiment ... The goodwill so earned to be used later to conduct surgical strike against GOI/Modi later.

These infections cannot be cured only controlled. ALWAYS read their farts with suspicion.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

BTW, bakis have started talking up Nuclear winter ... and loss of 95% of the worlds food production due to escalating tensions.

BTW, these very handles earlier where hell bent in teaching India a lesson and now are talking up peace. What changed? This handle from Karanchi got spooked by incessant patrolling by the PAF for the last 2 days. All the bluster gone now.
Last edited by pankajs on 02 Mar 2019 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

pankajs wrote:There was one famous Indian handle who wrote on twitter as much ... some thing to the effect "I don't rely on the Indian or the Baki accounts .. Give me some dope BBC/CNN"
So he needs his dose directly from 'fake news HQ'
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Would like to bring up another incident at work today!

A gora colleague ( who happens to be a pilot ) at coffee machine was talking to a pak colleague while I approach and we start talking general office gossip

Suddenly the gora says that he read in the news that India sent a Mig 21 which is a relic from the 60’s into aerial battle and it crashed. He said what were they expecting and started sniggering. The paki had a sly grin on his face ...

So, I loudly claimed that it was shot down in a dog fight, but before that it brought down an F-16 8) You should’ve seen the look on the paks face! :mrgreen:

Since it was perhaps getting a little uncomfortable we all left it at that and parted ways. Although later, I was hard pressed to find a credible neutral non-desi source about the F16 getting shot down :((
Last edited by anishns on 02 Mar 2019 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gunnvant »

anishns wrote:Would like to bring up another incident at work today!

A gora colleague ( who happens to be a pilot ) at coffee machine was talking to a paki colleague while I approach and we start talking general office gossip

Suddenly the gora says that he read in the news that India sent a Mig 21 which is a relic from the 60’s into aerial battle and it crashed. He said what were they expecting and started sniggering. The paki had a sly grin on his face ...

So, I loudly claimed that it was shot down in a dog fight, but before that it brought down an F-16 8) You should’ve seen the look on the paki’s face! :mrgreen:

Since it was perhaps getting a little uncomfortable we all left it at that and parted ways. Although later, I was hard pressed to find a credible neutral non-desi source about the F16 getting shot down :((
Is there a way to corroborate the story of the PAF pilot being beaten up severely by the locals. His name is doing the rounds along with a photo near a Chinese SU 30. Is there a PAF database of service men one can access?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

habal wrote:when a 90 kg rdx made bodies unrecoverable in pulwama. People can be encouraged to imagine as to then what 900 kg rdx can do to bodies in a confined space like a shelter or warehouse.
Not just 900 kg it's multiple of 900. Exactly how much only the IAF can answer. And I am happy with not knowing.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Keeping India sandboxed and tied down by Pakistan has been ongoing project since partition. To expect that everyone will cheer India, breaking itself free from self imposed restraints and deliberate underarming of forces policy, used as a confidence building measure by pakipasand Lutyens cabal to carry out Aman ki Asha tamasha, is being naive. Fact is today no one in international stage thinks it's wise to do equal equal between napakis and us. And cherry on top being we have learnt to not care two hoots if anyone wants to lecture us with "sewage drain inspection reports" as to where we should spend our money.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

gunnvant wrote:

What gives???
Ghar wapsi Finally !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
more like the dread of the inevitable return of Modi and the fear of the falling axe.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

I was around back in 1971. NYT/WaPo/CBS all declared the war a tactical win for India but a actually a huge strategic loss -- that Pakistan was a the big winner.

Points that are I still remember

1) Bhutto was outstanding at the UN and ran circles around Sardar Swaran Singh

2) India would become a Soviet colony and that Russians would set up a large naval base at Vizag

3) Shorn of the SDRE in Bangaldesh the Martial Race of West Pakistan would become an economic and military powerhouse while India stagnated economically and militarily

4) The Bangladesh model would also incite the southern states of TamilNadu and Kerala to seek independence

Mrs. Gandhi apparently corresponded on a regular basis with NYT columnist William Safire. He wrote that, when he was in New Delhi, she asked him something like "is there nothing that we can do to please you?"

Also, she cared little about winning the propaganda battle in the US press. The Pak Ambassador Agha Hilaly would routinely go on radio and TV shows in Washington DC and compare India to Nazi Germany. Mrs. G didn't even bother having anyone in an official capacity respond.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

anishns wrote:Would like to bring up another incident at work today!

A gora colleague ( who happens to be a pilot ) at coffee machine was talking to a paki colleague while I approach and we start talking general office gossip

So, I loudly claimed that it was shot down in a dog fight, but before that it brought down an F-16 8) You should’ve seen the look on the paki’s face! :mrgreen:

Anishns,

You don't have to look for sources. Just point out that TSP was caught lying that F-16s weren't used when they clearly were. Also, AMRAAM fragment that was found belongs to the lot made by Raytheon for Pakistan. This can be easily proven from DGSA mil site which lists out contract details and is publicly available.

Also, PAF had to backtrack on many points: first the Indian jets never reached far into Pakistan during Balakot strike, second two Indian jets were struck down by TSP, Two Indian pilots caught, no F-16s used vs the reality about these things.

What we should focus on are:
TSP has no credibility in general
TSP supports & incubates terrorists (including ones of Global ban list: Saeed, Dawood etc)

And lastly when talking to every American I keep hammering them the lie about Bin Laden which TSP sold to US admin for a decade while milking it financially and giving it body bags of Americans as return gift.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

anishns wrote:That Soutik BiswAAS c****tiya mc bc India correspondent from BBC has done a piece on Modi vs Khan - who won the propaganda. Read only if you don’t have high BP issues. I don’t want to post the link here. Damn these urban naxal have deep widespread connections

Alas!
The way it works is something like this. BBC asks its Islamabad correspondent to report on the air strike. Now in Pak eyes this didnt happen although there was some air intrusion! So what does the correspondent do? He has only the official version and some "independent " analysts assessment to go by. They would all say the same thing. Oh yes there is some nursery school there. The bombs fell in the nearby forest etc. The BBC correspondent cant visit NWFP on his own. It is a dangerous place at the best of times. Without military escort and against official embargo, forget it. Besides why would he strike out when the nearest town doesn't sport a Marriott or a Holiday Inn that you can return to, for a sun downer! So he files what he does. The BBC cannot possibly ask its Delhi correspondent to report on air strike in India controlled J&K. Because there was none or at least none, that would reflect poorly on the Modi government. Hence he is asked to report on public perception of Indian official claims. What is left unsaid is that no one wants an objective account. A report where he is the judge, jury and the prosecution would do just as fine as well. He ends up filing a report where Arundhati is the prosecution. Yechury, Raja, Kejriwal are the jury. The BBC correspondent as the judge says the jury has returned an unanimous verdict of 'guilty'.
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

komal wrote:
I was around back in 1971. NYT/WaPo/CBS all declared the war a tactical win for India but a actually a huge strategic loss -- that Pakistan was a the big winner.

Points that are I still remember

1) Bhutto was outstanding at the UN and ran circles around Sardar Swaran Singh

2) India would become a Soviet colony and that Russians would set up a large naval base at Vizag

3) Shorn of the SDRE in Bangaldesh the Martial Race of West Pakistan would become an economic and military powerhouse while India stagnated economically and militarily

4) The Bangladesh model would also incite the southern states of TamilNadu and Kerala to seek independence

Mrs. Gandhi apparently corresponded on a regular basis with NYT columnist William Safire. He wrote that, when he was in New Delhi, she asked him something like "is there nothing that we can do to please you?"

Also, she cared little about winning the propaganda battle in the US press. The Pak Ambassador Agha Hilaly would routinely go on radio and TV shows in Washington DC and compare India to Nazi Germany. Mrs. G didn't even bother having anyone in an official capacity respond.

Paki propoganda war in the west can be traced all the way back to Chuck Yagear.

Its the other side of the coin of Asymetrical Warfare.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

UlanBatori wrote:Continuing speculation:
It looks a safe bet that whoever planned any or all of the 3 attacks is no friend of Dimran's. OTOH, the present Pak COAS' position also seems very shaky: Imran out of insecurity may try to put the COAS on trial, and when that happens the COAS typically makes a coup to Save The Nation From Corrpution.

But I **CANNOT** see any Paki larger interest in either Pulwama or Iran convoy attacks. Both were guaranteed to bring jhapads on Pakistan.
My theory is that the Pakis started this to take attention away from the dire state of the economy (the PTI's honeymoon period was over and people were up in arms bashing both the PTI and those who put them in power, i.e the Army) and this was supposed to distract people. But it quickly spiralled out of their control.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

In the past, a big attack on India by Pakistan based terrorist used to be followed by period of lull with security agencies in hot-pursuit of perpetrators. However, seeing intelligence alerts continuing this time (I might not have followed earnestly in the past).

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 226229.cms

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/pak-intellige ... ort-792998

Was thinking if GOI has not let the guard down and talked de-escalation immediately after Balakot attack / Wing Commander release as they are expecting another mischief from Pakis and hence want to be ready to give severe punishment at short notice?
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i believe with the continuing tension Pakis are losing the plot..apart from casualties in POK, the economy will feel the heat of all thats happening now. Both the Paki gas network and electricity network runs v close to the border. it can be v easily interdicted.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

OK....So some credible rumors about the actual targets hit in Balakot.

Radar imagery confirms 4 buildings in Jaish madrasa were hit, says official
“Why did the Pakistan Army seal the madrasa after the strike? Why did it not allow journalists to visit the madrasa? We have evidence in the form of SAR imagery to show that a building used as a guest house, where brother of Maulana Masood Azhar used to stay; an L-shaped building where trainers used to stay; a double-storied building used to house students entering the seminary and another building where those undergoing final combat training used to stay, were hit by the bombs,” an official told The Indian Express.
Sources also denied that any of the IAF bombs hit the hilltop at Jaba where Pakistan Army has taken a team of journalists to see some craters, and splintered trees. The military official said that “if only S-2000 PGM were fired, there is no possibility of craters or sheared trees. The PGM would go inside the earth and then explode, which would create a mound of earth instead.”
Last edited by Mort Walker on 02 Mar 2019 17:28, edited 3 times in total.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

jamwal wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Singh__Bir/s ... 8508963840
Mulitiple MBRLs being used in a area which looks very similar to J&K. Is this a current video ?
This is a turkish video.

As a general thumb rule, *ANY* video you see on twitter claiming to be from the heat of the action is likely fake.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

chetak wrote:and look at this sly, duplicitous and sanctimonious beggar
Rajdeep Sardesai Verified account @sardesairajdeep

Dear @ImranKhanPTI : a request not to treat Wing Commander Abhinandan like some ‘prize catch’ to be paraded in his bloodied state on video. You were a cricketer who played by the rules; please treat him with the dignity deserving of a man in uniform.

4:33 AM - 27 Feb 2019 from Noida, India
Cricketer who played by the rules? Do those rules include the ball tampering, because he was the one who basically invented ball tampering with the objective of getting reverse swing. Ian Botham and many others have long been pointing this out.

As the son of an international cricketer, Rajdeep surely knows that.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

KSA FM travels to New Delhi today after meeting with Sushma Ji in Abu Dhabi. After india visit he will visit TSP. The message will be simple: shut down terror camps, arrest the leaders or operations will continue. No BS.

PRC sending special envoy to both India and Pak too.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

I think he should be read out the riot act for paki perversions of making videos of a PoW and delaying his release for an entire day for making another video and violating geneva convention for which they would have another thing coming..
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

shyamd wrote:KSA FM travels to New Delhi today after meeting with Sushma Ji in Abu Dhabi. After india visit he will visit TSP. The message will be simple: shut down terror camps, arrest the leaders or operations will continue. No BS.

PRC sending special envoy to both India and Pak too.
Yup .. and notice who all are running to save the bakis .. their closest fathers who have are planning to have enormous economic stakes in bakistan. Just the threat of open season on every inch of bakistan has caused them to scurry.

At least one VISIBLE and HIGH Profile act needs to be delivered immediately for even a pause in operations. Deliver at the same Wagha crossing one of Masood Azhar or Halfpig Saeed or Lahvi or Dawood.

But even if one of them is delivered @ Nepal Dimran is toast. TSPA will make him the fall guy and decorate him on the nearest lamppost.
Last edited by pankajs on 02 Mar 2019 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Outed. Pak is desperately short of jet fuel hence the prolonged civil aviation shutdown

https://www.opindia.com/2019/03/pakista ... ergy-fuel/

If we escalate they are done unless bandars can fire aams from the ground . Prolonged naval patrols will also be tough once we put ungli into their tender bottom
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

One rumor was that India had hinted at a Naval blockade just prior to Dimran's statesman like gesture.

Any one remember the Naval officer at the last briefing and his comment on the readiness of the Navy in all 3 dimensions. There was no action in the Naval domain so why was he there? Just to underline the implicit threat by his presence and one paragraph readout.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Singha wrote:Outed. Pak is desperately short of jet fuel hence the prolonged civil aviation shutdown

https://www.opindia.com/2019/03/pakista ... ergy-fuel/

If we escalate they are done unless bandars can fire aams from the ground . Prolonged naval patrols will also be tough once we put ungli into their tender bottom
their domestic flights and PIA international flights from pakistan are moving as per schedule today. No overflights by international carriers.