Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
khan
BRFite

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by khan »

abhik wrote:Looks like there is going to be no overt response to the Paki air raid, which IMO is a neutral, if not positive outcome for the PAF. Of course you may disagree, but the only argument that can be made is that we won the pisscological war which has its limits - You can always wash your browned shalwar, tomorrow is another day onlee.
Why do you say that?
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

John wrote:
Katare wrote: Link has been removed
Works for me, maybe region locked.
That makes sense!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pakis got rid of one #s F-16 and TWO pilots dead, forced to carry away debris of that plus the debris of a disposed-of 50-year-old MiG-21? 23 of 24 planes and pilots lived to drink another zamzam cola?

Forced to return Indian pilot to India, plus kicks from all around the world plus probably slap from ICJ about Jinn-Eva Convention.

The Indian help crash is unrelated. So I am very curious about the Positive Outcome. As in Bojitive Neuj I brejume?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

SriKumar wrote:So it is confirmed that the Pakistani F-16 pilot who landed alive was beaten to death (!! :eek: ) by civilians that met up with him.

I dont think it can be a case of mistaken identity- the pilot suit usually carries a patch of the PAkistan flag on the left shoulder. It must have been deliberate- which is amazing- never heard anything like this. The PoK Kashmiris must love their PAF and PA protectors. Which Pakistani pilot will now feel safe between the RAdcliffe line and LOC. If they get shot down, they are better off crashing with the plane.

Their border just got a bit smaller and further west from the LoC.
i strongly doubt that theory. Aam adbuls are quite apt in identifying their own. Punjabi Kalma physical checks are common tests. I strongly suspect his head was taken to play football by some jernail's for abduls
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

parshuram wrote:To Gurus , In the Dog Fight day after Operation Balkot Where F-16 was shot down . IAF Statement said that MKI’s were scrambled . One question that is bothering me . Why did nt MKI ‘s fired R-77’s ? I am assuming that F-16’s were well with in range {BVR}
Go back a few pages and start reading instead of resetting the discussion
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

Schmidt wrote:NDTV Srinivasan Jain with a panel including Ajai Shukla and C Unfair dissing the IAF , that they missed the targets at Balakote and caused no damage
    C Unfair laughs derisively at the gentleman representing the air force

I don't understand the depravity of NDTV and Ajai Shukla , at taking pleasure in running down their own country
    Porkis are efficiently using these sellouts for their propaganda and info war. How long will Indian govt and intelligence ignore the threats posed by twitter,facebook, whatsapp and instagram. Indian express have started the disinformation campaign against effectivess of Balakot bombing and other anti -national media channels will be running it 24/7.
    UlanBatori
    BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

JayS wrote:
    SriKumar wrote:So it is confirmed that the Pakistani F-16 pilot who landed alive was beaten to death (!! :eek: ) by civilians that met up with him. I dont think it can be a case of mistaken identity- the pilot suit usually carries a patch of the PAkistan flag on the left shoulder. It must have been deliberate- which is amazing- never heard anything like this. The PoK Kashmiris must love their PAF and PA protectors. Which Pakistani pilot will now feel safe between the RAdcliffe line and LOC. If they get shot down, they are better off crashing with the plane.
    Good point to troll some pakis.
    UBCN reaction: :mrgreen:
    Of course not mistaken ID. Pak plane fell far WEST of LOC, so absolutely no doubt about whether it was down in Pak or India. Crash occurred before crash of MiG. Pilots came out, yelling:
    Iman, Taqwa, Jihad fi Sabilillah!
    BIGGG Mistake! The first word was misheard as "IMRAN" and did what their uniforms did not, to inflame the local gentry. Sad. Very sad
    Muns
    BRFite

Post by Muns »

Sanju wrote:Muns, well done. May I have your email address please?

Alternatively drop an email to sanjuyyz at the rate chacha mail dot calm. Let me know here and I will edit my post.
    Hi Sanju, thank you again for your comments on the article. I must be having a brain fade but could not actually figure out your email as above. Can you please drop me an email ;

India(dot)aware1(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Sid
    BRFite

Post by Sid »

Schmidt wrote:NDTV Srinivasan Jain with a panel including Ajai Shukla and C Unfair dissing the IAF , that they missed the targets at Balakote and caused no damage

I don't understand the depravity of NDTV and Ajai Shukla , at taking pleasure in running down their own country
    When things were hot, I really appreciate how they reported things. Never exaggerating, and reporting only what was verified by Gov sources.

But once things settled, their self refection started and congas started to dominated their discussion panels. Self reflection is good, if done in your bathroom looking at yourself in mirror.

Events are written by victors, not like people on NDTV. Unless they get that mentality, you will observe this behaviour.
    disha
    BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Agree on depravity., but why watch rNDTV & give them oxygen? Get rid of thatt channel if you are subscribing.
    Iyersan
    BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

How long does it take to make 400 bunkers which have approval now. Wht is the significance of Gen. Rawat visiting forward areas?
    UlanBatori
    BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Best twitter comment I saw on NDTV was:
    Agree. The 99.9% of NDTV are giving the decent 0.1% a bad name
    There need to be some serious thought-provoking consequences for Indian "TV hosts". Take the case of the two kids on the Indian cricket team who were set up by a Media Twerp. They asked these 20-year-olds about women and parties - and there was a huge flap about their responses. What did you expect? A Pope-like response? (let's not get dragged into discussing Church and Sex). The poor guys were ordered back home, suspended, had to apologize, still face charges... I could not believe the cra*. While the offending TV host went scot-free. Enough is enough, we need these papparazzi to self-discipline - or face discipline from the population.
    Najunamar
    BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

UBji, fully concur on public roasting for these media turds, but a solid majority in LS and RS for the next 5 years for MAD team should nail these traitors.
    khan
    BRFite

Post by khan »

FYI, that NatSecJeff guy is a Baki asset, who is mixing lies & disinformation with just enough truth to sound credible.

Indian army just falgged a fake Baki account who was pinging NatSecJeff.

All info from these handles should be verboten on BRF.

https://twitter.com/shivaroor/status/11 ... 99872?s=21
    Last edited by khan on 02 Mar 2019 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
    pankajs
    BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

On the IAF raid on Balakot and contrary to what was reported in IE ...

https://twitter.com/smitaprakash/status ... 4800413697
    Smita Prakash Verified account @smitaprakash

Barely had our aircraft crossed over, done what they had to, social media had come up with the theory that Balakote on our side had been bombed & the 'compulsive contrarians' as I term them, gave that theory more air without questioning y would we bomb our own region: Arun Jaitley
    Someone is trying to create fake IAF *sources* and cross-wire the massage to the point that it can used to discredit the whole raid.
    rajithn
    BRFite

Post by rajithn »

SriKumar wrote:So it is confirmed that the Pakistani F-16 pilot who landed alive was beaten to death (!! :eek: ) by civilians that met up with him.

I dont think it can be a case of mistaken identity- the pilot suit usually carries a patch of the PAkistan flag on the left shoulder. It must have been deliberate- which is amazing- never heard anything like this. The PoK Kashmiris must love their PAF and PA protectors. Which Pakistani pilot will now feel safe between the RAdcliffe line and LOC. If they get shot down, they are better off crashing with the plane.

This is pure speculation for now, so please take it for what its worth. It was voiced by someone on twitter. I am conscious of the unreliability or even the nature of how speculative twitter as a medium can be. But it did sound interesting.

This is it:

Jordan gave a few F16s to the Pakis. Perhaps they came with some Jordanian pilots and other crews as well. This was a 2-seater. What if....the a/c was piloted by a Paki and the W/O was the Jordanian. They didn't expect to cross the LoC or IB nor did they expect to get shot down. Was originally planned as a milk run. Then things went wrong in a hurry. The a/c was brought down. The Jordanian ejected as did the Paki. When he landed, he was concussed or disoriented..the locals saw the Jordanian flag patch and all they saw was that he did not have a Paki flag patch...and he couldn't converse in their language...assumed he was Indian and went ahead and beat him.

And this is perhaps why the King of Jordan called Im the Dim a couple of days back. After all it is a diplomatic clusterf*** (!!) as far as the Jordanians are concerned. Both with the Americans as well as the Indians.

I found this theory interesting enough. But please take it for what it's worth. And if the admins think this is over reach please feel free to delete.
    Aditya_V
    BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Jordan sold the planes, no Jordanian pilots were transferred to Pakistan
    rajithn
    BRFite

Post by rajithn »

Aditya_V wrote:Jordan sold the planes, no Jordanian pilots were transferred to Pakistan
    They did it in 1971. And maybe just maybe it was a guy who had come to get trained or to provide training.
    Rakesh
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Please follow discussions of the MiG-21 and F-16 episode in this thread ---> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7699&start=80
    Rakesh
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/PoojaShali/status/1 ... 0678056960 ---> Evidence of mortar shells (leftovers) by Pakistani troops, impacting Indian civilian villages. LoC. (Friday evening shelling).

Rakesh
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/ShivAroor/status/11 ... 8515976192 ---> Radar imagery confirms 4 Jaish-e-Muhammad buildings hit by five IAF Spice 2000 bombs from stand-off range, no casualty numbers because no battle damage assessment yet & controlled access.

Radar imagery confirms 4 buildings in Jaish madrasa were hit, says official
    https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... l-5607623/

saip
    BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Deleted. As these are not based on fact.

(I saw these on Defense News. Before and After pictures?)
    Last edited by saip on 03 Mar 2019 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
    jamwal
    BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

1st one is before picture. When these buildings were under construction
    mridulmm
    BRFite -Trainee

Post by mridulmm »

Those after pictures are from zoom.earth which are old pictures. So after pictures essentially are before pics, where construction is going on. Moreover this is not what a blast would look like, no roof + intact walls.
    mridulmm
    BRFite -Trainee

Post by mridulmm »

If you really want pictures updated every day, you can make an account on planet labs. 14 days trial. Pics are not high resolution but you can get some rough idea.
    saip
    BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

OK. I wondered the same. Am deleting the post. Thanks.
    anishns
    BRFite

Post by anishns »

https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-fa ... laims/amp/

So apparently LM is going to file a lawsuit against our claim of downing an F16.
    Lol :((
    John
    BRF Oldie

Post by John »

The zoom.earth doesn't have most updated Sat images Not sure where people get that idea. Even image of my own home is 6 years dated and well behind Google.
    SriKumar
    BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

JayS wrote:The PoK Kashmiris must love their PAF and PA protectors. Which Pakistani pilot will now feel safe between the RAdcliffe line and LOC. If they get shot down, they are better off crashing with the plane.

Good point to troll some pakis.
    Yes, and an even better way would be:
    Pakistani jets are not safe over Indian or Pakistani skies. Pakistani pilots, however, are safer if shot down over India. (the pilot would have been alive if he had landed in India).
    Prem Kumar
    BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Mort Walker wrote:SAR implemented on RISAT-2 did find YSR helicopter wreckage in AP jungles very quickly, this means it has the resolution. There is reason to conclude it was used to identify the damage to the structure(s) in Balakot post mission.
    The situation might be different here, compared to YSR. Per some accounts, the F-16 blew up at a fairly high altitude when Abhi sent an R-73 up its Musharraf. If it exploded mid-air (unlike YSR's chopper), the debris might be small and scattered over a large area. Makes it harder to find. May not be impossible.

Plus its not just RISAT-2, assuming its still operational. We just launched Microsat-R in Jan in a very low earth orbit for high resolution. Its a DRDO spy sat.
    suryag
    Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Folks can someone clarify if it was the upgraded m2k that was used for the Balakot raid ?
    saip
    BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Prem Kumar wrote:
    Mort Walker wrote:SAR implemented on RISAT-2 did find YSR helicopter wreckage in AP jungles very quickly, this means it has the resolution. There is reason to conclude it was used to identify the damage to the structure(s) in Balakot post mission.
    The situation might be different here, compared to YSR. Per some accounts, the F-16 blew up at a fairly high altitude when Abhi sent an R-73 up its Musharraf. If it exploded mid-air (unlike YSR's chopper), the debris might be small and scattered over a large area. Makes it harder to find. May not be impossible.

Plus its not just RISAT-2, assuming its still operational. We just launched Microsat-R in Jan in a very low earth orbit for high resolution. Its a DRDO spy sat.
    If it 'exploded' would ejection be still possible? Both the pilots appear to have ejected and landed 'safely' only to be killed later by pakis.
    disha
    BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

I already had flagged NatSecJeff three (3) days back. NatSecJeff already caused enough of damage naively aided by our own!
    khan wrote:FYI, that NatSecJeff guy is a Baki asset, who is mixing lies & disinformation with just enough truth to sound credible.

Indian army just falgged a fake Baki account who was pinging NatSecJeff.
    jamwal
    BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Hitler reacts to Balakot bombing and it's aftermath

https://www.captiongenerator.com/130996 ... -aftermath
    IndraD
    BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.opindia.com/2019/03/pakista ... ergy-fuel/

very good insight: Pakistan low on fuel jet, stockpiling just in case..that is why airspace locked.
    Prem Kumar
    BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

saip wrote: If it 'exploded' would ejection be still possible? Both the pilots appear to have ejected and landed 'safely' only to be killed later by pakis.
    Might have exploded post ejection. The R73 might have taken off a part of the F16 and the pilots might have had just enough time to eject before it disintegrated
    Prem Kumar
    BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

A :shock: from the Indian Express article. It said that there were 107 new recruits in the JeM camp when we halal'ed it.

If this is true, we have an insane amount of HUMINT or other forms of Intel, deep inside Pak. We see this level in the Kashmir valley, when an Army spokesperson would casually say:
    There are 76 terrorists left in the valley after we gunned down Azhar & Bilal yesterday
    Raveen
    BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Prem Kumar wrote:A :shock: from the Indian Express article. It said that there were 107 new recruits in the JeM camp when we halal'ed it.

If this is true, we have an insane amount of HUMINT or other forms of Intel, deep inside Pak. We see this level in the Kashmir valley, when an Army spokesperson would casually say:
    There are 76 terrorists left in the valley after we gunned down Azhar & Bilal yesterday
    We have cell phone images from inside the camp, doesn't get any more evident than that

Doval has rearmed the Indian intelligence services
    Mort Walker
    BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Prem Kumar wrote:

My discussion was about the Balakot strike not the dogfight downing the F-16. The Microsat R AFIK is not radar imaging.
    Amber G.
    BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile a message from Mangalyaaan ...
    ISRO's Mars Orbiter - Verified account - @MarsOrbiter

We are proud of you #WingCommandarAbhinandan.