Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sooraj
BRFite

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by sooraj »

@bababanaras
13m13 minutes ago

The enemy's guns are silent now. Ambulances have been seen on the other side. It seems big pain is given to enemy. This is our tribute to Rifleman Yash Paul. Long live @adgpi
Long live Hindustan
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I wish this information can be collaborated.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

indian official releases seldom speak of the retaliatory aspect.
one soldier was killed today in the pak firing.

meantime , MP farmers despite some personal losses, stop agri trade with TSP
https://www.news18.com/news/india/after ... 49559.html

tomatoes and paan from here, dates and rock salt from there.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Yup, but I hope we are merciless enough and casualties high enough that the pakis become desperate for deescalation on our terms.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

This from Babaji takes the cake:
Directly to DGISPR from adgpi!

https://mobile.twitter.com/bababanaras/ ... 6310154240

how are you feeling General
@OfficialDGISPR
? I know it is tough time for you. My condolences are with you. If you do not improve, our game will continue.

With love from
@adgpi
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Another Terror Attack On India Will Be "Extremely Problematic": US To Pak
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pak-sho ... us-2010679
VikasM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VikasM »

He is engaging DGISPR directly with "pehchaan kaun"?

Who is this guy? :?:
Someone needs to dig that out, with discreetion obviously and nod if you figure.

:P
Last edited by VikasM on 21 Mar 2019 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

Rudradev wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846

Saudi nuclear weapons 'on order' from Pakistan (2013 article)
Saudi Arabia has invested in Pakistani nuclear weapons projects, and believes it could obtain atomic bombs at will, a variety of sources have told BBC Newsnight.

While the kingdom's quest has often been set in the context of countering Iran's atomic programme, it is now possible that the Saudis might be able to deploy such devices more quickly than the Islamic republic.

Earlier this year, a senior Nato decision maker told me that he had seen intelligence reporting that nuclear weapons made in Pakistan on behalf of Saudi Arabia are now sitting ready for delivery.

Last month Amos Yadlin, a former head of Israeli military intelligence, told a conference in Sweden that if Iran got the bomb, "the Saudis will not wait one month. They already paid for the bomb, they will go to Pakistan and bring what they need to bring."

Since 2009, when King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia warned visiting US special envoy to the Middle East Dennis Ross that if Iran crossed the threshold, "we will get nuclear weapons", the kingdom has sent the Americans numerous signals of its intentions.
Also a C130 was seen on flight radar originating in KSA and ingressing into Pakistani airspace today. Not to mention the three B777 flights we noted previously.

CT/

MBS does not want to wait to pick up his nuclear weapons from Pakistan.

With Trump (his staunch defender) in the White House, he believes this is the best time to do it (GOTUS will not put any restrictions).

On the other hand the globalist international community (including members of US political establishment and media apparatus) were turning against MBS after the journalist-killing episode in Turkey. So the window was getting tighter.

Meanwhile Iran also is no longer bound to the N-deal. So they could be nuke-ready at any time.

MBS knew that India planned to crack some skulls after Pulwama and was possibly advised of Balakot in advance. The chaos, fog-of-war, and Pakistan airspace closure following Balakot and the failed Paki response has given MBS four things he needs to complete taking possession of the nukes:

1) Pak airspace is clear of commercial traffic and on high alert. This diminishes the chance of (say) Israel or Iran doing a lightning air/missile strike to take down any KSA planes transporting nukes back to Saudi Arabia.

2) There may be some Pak army elements who do not want to let go of the nukes (don't want to allow KSA to take delivery of nukes). Maybe Iran-sympathetic jernails, or those who want to preserve Pakistan's "sole Muslim nuclear power" leverage. It would be much harder for them to stage a coup or otherwise interfere with the process of KSA taking delivery, when they are getting hammered by India along LOC and IB.

3) Pakistan in general is in no position to hedge, delay, or refuse to give the nukes to KSA on demand. They rely completely on KSA money, oil, perhaps weapons to save their hides from the battering they are getting.

4) Most importantly: Balakot and the Ft. Abbas Brahmos strike have made it clear that no nuclear weapon stored anywhere in Pakistan is safe. So Pakistan cannot argue with MBS that they have secure custody of nukes owed to KSA.

In sum: MBS is on board with all of Modi's actions since Balakot because they create the conditions for him to take delivery of the promised nukes from Pakistan's inventory with immediate effect. Pakis know this and cannot do $hit. Maybe even the Chinese (for whom KSA is an important potential BRI partner/energy-supplier) are giving Pakistan no more than verbal support against India for exactly this reason... for all the "iron brother" dialogue, they don't give a $hit about Pakistan's H&D as compared to getting in the good books of KSA. (See how Qureishi came back from his bhikari trip to Beijing empty-handed, and is now saying "peace and talks are the only solution".)

/CT

So assuming the CT is true, what happens now? Let's say this C130 is taking back the last of the nukes from Pakistan to KSA today. After that MBS has no further interest Indo-Pak hostility one way or another. He may even have made some charitable donations (POL, money, weapons) to Pakistan to sweeten the process of taking delivery. At the very least he will have compensated Pakistan for the money lost by weeks of NOTAMs.

And perhaps that is why Im the Dim today met with his three service chiefs... to take stock of the new situation now that KSA is no longer in the picture, and determine next steps w.r.t. the beating they are (still) taking from India.

My theory... again, assuming above CT to be true... is that from now on international community (including US, EU nations, maybe even Roos) will start really pressuring India to wind down ops, because delivery of KSA nukes is complete. We will probably stand down because we don't want any more trouble right before elections.
Too fanciful. Pakis won't give away their only bargaining chip. I know they are stupid but not this stupid. Maybe they will give a few bombs to MBS, but not every nuke. Besides, isn't the ability to make nukes more valuable than the nukes themselves? That sadly will stay with Pakis, unless we execute a massive scientist killing op with Israel or something.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Too fanciful. Pakis won't give away their only bargaining chip. I know they are stupid but not this stupid. Maybe they will give a few bombs to MBS, but not every nuke. Besides, isn't the ability to make nukes more valuable than the nukes themselves? That sadly will stay with Pakis, unless we execute a massive scientist killing op with Israel or something.
Empty coffers is one hellav of a weapon. Desperate times desperate measures.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

they have reportedly built 150 low yield warheads (maybe just big dirty bombs)
they can give 100 to MBS and keep 50
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_strikes_in_Pakistan

good details on dronecharya activity - all FATAs were merged into khyber state in 2018.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

GD, What do we know of the IAF strike on Muzzfarabad and Chakothi camps?
I think we paid too much attention to Balakot.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sooraj wrote:@bababanaras
59m59 minutes ago
More
#Breaking #JustIn

In a retaliatory action, Indian Army bombed artillery position of enemy near Kotla Arab Ali Khan of POK around 1 PM today afternoon...

More details to follow

I wish this person uses correct terminology.
IA does not bomb.
They hit with artillery shells.
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

ramana wrote:GD, What do we know of the IAF strike on Muzzfarabad and Chakothi camps?
I think we paid too much attention to Balakot.
I thought those were feints to increase success probability for the main strike at Balakot. Weren't they?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No. Those were strikes on terrorist holding camps.
The feint was a flight towards Bhawalpur.

Difficult when one has to educate all the people all the times.
Some self awareness is required to participate.
jpremnath
BRFite

Post by jpremnath »

ramana wrote: I wish this person uses correct terminology.
IA does not bomb.
They hit with artillery shells.
I think it is intentional...As someone said, this chap is probably a plant from IA to communicate what they couldnt come and announce officially..psyops..No one from DDM can claim this person to be connected to forces with this kind of lingo...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Only on first morning these two strikes came in newsx and ither channels and then vanished
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

the guns EXCRETED 5000 shells !! baba ji ki jai ho
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

ramana wrote:No. Those were strikes on terrorist holding camps.
The feint was a flight towards Bhawalpur.

Difficult when one has to educate all the people all the times.
Some self awareness is required to participate.
Lots of conflicting voices and rumours making it difficult to keep the story straight for us newbies. Sorry for bothering you :oops:
tapan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by tapan »

So this just happened

Pic 1
Pic 2
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i have seen a similar pic in parakram type when a indian drone was shot down at night near lahore using a AIM9.
next day at the site, a PA policeman was carrying away the front section of the AIM9 on his shoulder

this was the incident https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/first-ua ... ll.317887/.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

tapan wrote:So this just happened...
I agree with Angad and also see the complete missile on the left the seeker seems to be partially burnt while the rest of the missile is in good condition, trying to prove their point it seems they have interchanged the seeker portion
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

here is the pic from that incident above from same thread

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/first-ua ... 887/page-3

caption: Remains of the AIM-9L seeker that is suspected to have downed the UAV.

---
the moment i saw that 4 missile pic this afternoon my mind went back to this incident. these small mid-body warheads explode in a donut shape sideways i guess and the seeker is intact mostly
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i have put it on another side from that forum lest someone remove that pic

nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Along with that if the R73 was not fired, it's warhead and mid body section would survive, as the warhead does not explode on impact.

If the warhead had exploded the Mig21 would have been in pieces.

If the other set of R73/77 survived, the R73 should have the mid body section as well :rotfl:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the policeman is carrying away the AIM9L/M next morning from the crash site. it came in several Pak newspapers next day

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

and the sidewinder does not even bear any burn marks.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the warhead section of the R73 is much behind the sensor head

the warhead section of the AIM9 is actually right behind the sensor and fin part.

so if anything there were more chances of the AIM9 missile seeker part being scorched and damaged but its fine above. the r73 seeker is farther away as seen in diagram above.

it proves the R73 exploded and its seeker will definitely survive as in the pic.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Paki disinfo dept works hard, don't they? The furniture below the "missiles" may be salvaged from the Balakote Ventilated Resort. I am amazed that the Air Marshal (Retd) looked at this cr*p and was so impressed.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

VikasM wrote:He is engaging DGISPR directly with "pehchaan kaun"?

Who is this guy? :?:
Someone needs to dig that out, with discreetion obviously and nod if you figure.

:P
Seriously, who is this guy?

https://twitter.com/bababanaras/status/ ... 8219558912
General @OfficialDGISPR
Once again Shrewdness
You are trying to spoil our Holi and You want to celebrate Pakistan Day with pleasure. You know this is not possible. I hope you recognize me.

Your jungle friend !
:shock:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

pak has issued notam for a irbm test
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^Looks like their last mizzile!
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

^^^baba banaras also claimed that he used to enjoy markhor meat before he became sanyasi.. Hinting he is Ex Military..
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

DrRatnadip wrote:^^^baba banaras also claimed that he used to enjoy markhor meat before he became sanyasi.. Hinting he is Ex Military..
markhor is also insignia of ISI.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Maybe it should be read in combination with the tweet below:
Eztainutlacatl ~ळाळुक
‏ @cbkwgl
4h4 hours ago

Pathan's Diary Entry:
Except ISI, who else uses Markhor as insignia in our forces? India sent a cryptic message that Markhors are slaughtered in hordes today. Qubani Gafoor is more morose than ever and Qamar doesn't tell me anything. Now I doubt if Mahatir will stay till 23rd.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

R73 seeker head does not have any burnt marks. When detached from the missile, it will fall with the back of the seeker and fin hitting the ground first. Hence we hardly see any damage on to the front.

The R73 would have got "crushed" between the wing and the earth, hitting horizontally on to the earth.
gaurav.p
BRFite

Post by gaurav.p »

OT markhor is the national animal of bakistan + they allow trophy hunting for their national animal.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

You forgot to add that it is also known as "screw horn goat"! :mrgreen:
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Sanju wrote:Maybe it should be read in combination with the tweet below:
Eztainutlacatl ~ळाळुक
‏ @cbkwgl
4h4 hours ago

Pathan's Diary Entry:
Except ISI, who else uses Markhor as insignia in our forces? India sent a cryptic message that Markhors are slaughtered in hordes today. Qubani Gafoor is more morose than ever and Qamar doesn't tell me anything. Now I doubt if Mahatir will stay till 23rd.
yeh, when I saw that tweet and reference to markhor, my first thought was few ISI agents sent upstairs to their 72 khushpoos.