Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by A_Gupta »

Aditya_V wrote:Fact - PAF Aircraft crash landed at Multan, unknowns - Fate of Pilot and reason for crash landing and whether the aircraft is a write off or repairable.
Or is this the “incident” in which an F-16 is accounted for?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Aditya_V wrote:Fact - PAF Aircraft crash landed at Multan, unknowns - Fate of Pilot and reason for crash landing and whether the aircraft is a write off or repairable.
Or is this the “incident” in which an F-16 is accounted for?
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

my posts on air activity have atleast 1 hour delay !! actually i saw 2 su 30 converging in distance...thought are they going to collide but it was only a optical illusion. they were coming in from 2 different angle. On the whole balakot episode we will get more clarity close to 1st round of election as per someone i know in BJP ie in April .
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

From your observation, PAF was upto something again
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

manjgu wrote:my posts on air activity have atleast 1 hour delay !! actually i saw 2 su 30 converging in distance...thought are they going to collide but it was only a optical illusion. they were coming in from 2 different angle. On the whole balakot episode we will get more clarity close to 1st round of election as per someone i know in BJP ie in April .
anyway, you are in Guwahati :twisted:
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Aditya_V wrote:From your observation, PAF was upto something again
yes, browning shalwars
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Iyersan wrote:
manjgu wrote:reporting intense fighter flying...3 SU 30 just flew overhead after a weeks haitus !! loud sounds...
Where are u based?
Allooo Einstein, as previously revealed he is standing beeing @ end of runway in Ranchi. Like his birather at the end of Srinagar runway ******** goats. Mangjuji, did u ignore Sridhar's post, hain?

Perhaps u could post precise engine tones and doppler shift as .wav files for our mutual fiends?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Prabu wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote: Your Headline to link is dishonest and misleading, he claims Cheeni jet shot it down instead of amrikan
I am sorry, i do not understand. I just quoted the sources of the article :!: :?: :| I have edited the typo in the name.(IDRW)
"Chini expert claims of jf17 shot down Mig 21 not american F16" would have conveyed rightly
SidSoma
BRFite

Post by SidSoma »

UlanBatori wrote:
Iyersan wrote: Where are u based?
Allooo Einstein, as previously revealed he is standing beeing @ end of runway in Ranchi. Like his birather at the end of Srinagar runway ******** goats. Mangjuji, did u ignore Sridhar's post, hain?

Perhaps u could post precise engine tones and doppler shift as .wav files for our mutual fiends?
And when you are at it, please dont forget to mention the loadouts of the birds....and pilot names.
SidSoma
BRFite

Post by SidSoma »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Prabu wrote:Article is from IRDW, but the source is HT :)
F-16 didn’t down India’s MiG-21 Bison, says top Chinese military expert
Your Headline to link is dishonest and misleading, he claims Cheeni jet shot it down instead of amrikan
Surprising lack of mention of PL-12/SD-10. What did the JF-17 use, guns??
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

vid of a serbian MiG-29 scramble and it just took a couple of mins for it to get moving and coupled with takeoff distance of only 240m, it is pretty fast scramble time.
https://youtu.be/O7srEwJ1Cak
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

UlanBatori wrote:
Iyersan wrote: Where are u based?

All right no need for your wiseass cracks... wherever he is as long as its true fine
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i am on the western front... and now all is quiet on the western front. honestly, i dont think what i see and report is super secret. if i can see all this , the napakis can see things better.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

but yes, i can see the belly of the planes...didnt look as though they were armed or bristling with missiles ( atleast thats the way i saw them).
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

Ladies & Gents,

Pakistan has formally declared that its nuclear weapons have been rendered irrelevant as far as Indian retaliation to its terrorist activity goes. I quote Ghafoor Saab below...
"Since we have gone overtly nuclear, as India also, in 1998, our stance is that this capability eliminates the possibility of a conventional war between the two states. So that is to say, this is a weapon of deterrence and a political choice. No sane country having this capability would talk about using it," Ghafoor said.

The official noted that even though the country’s protection was of utmost importance, it would be "insane" to discuss the use of nuclear weapons.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Klaus wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
Sir what's the source for this?
Possible 'accident' in nuke weapons storage facility

Date of event is uncertain though, burn marks on the ground are not.

But why B'mos? Line of sight it's 350 km from the coast. And about 450 km from Jaisalmer border.

What am i missing?

It does not make sense to me to alert the opposition to the fact that i can breach their secure facilities of we make only a token strike. Either we destroy everything our do nothing. This will only make him disperse his assets making them hard to take out in future. Rather lull him into a sense of false security.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
Klaus wrote:
Possible 'accident' in nuke weapons storage facility

Date of event is uncertain though, burn marks on the ground are not.

But why B'mos? Line of sight it's 350 km from the coast. And about 450 km from Jaisalmer border.

What am i missing?

It does not make sense to me to alert the opposition to the fact that i can breach their secure facilities of we make only a token strike. Either we destroy everything our do nothing. This will only make him disperse his assets making them hard to take out in future. Rather lull him into a sense of false security.
Even if one were to assume e that this was a preemptive strike then the logical thing would have been an overkill. And then declare to the world that this was done. That Pstan is an irresponsible entity who must be shut down.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote: But why B'mos? Line of sight it's 350 km from the coast. And about 450 km from Jaisalmer border.

What am i missing?

Assets were already dispersed post-2011- they have a shortage of secure facilities as it is. B'mos has a range of 600 kms in hi-hi & steep dive mode, this wasnt an airstrike. There have been a series of false flag ops by IA & IAF keeping TSP on tenterhooks, there's only so much they can do before the FUD is apparent to the outside world.

The strike achieved one objective- TSPA's missile warheads will not come back into Paki hands, the only nukes they have now are air-deliverable ones in hardened shelters in Multan & Jacobabad
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Klaus wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote: But why B'mos? Line of sight it's 350 km from the coast. And about 450 km from Jaisalmer border.

What am i missing?

Assets were already dispersed post-2011- they have a shortage of secure facilities as it is. B'mos has a range of 600 kms in hi-hi & steep dive mode, this wasnt an airstrike. There have been a series of false flag ops by IA & IAF keeping TSP on tenterhooks, there's only so much they can do before the FUD is apparent to the outside world.

The strike achieved one objective- TSPA's missile warheads will not come back into Paki hands, the only nukes they have now are air-deliverable ones in hardened shelters in Multan & Jacobabad

Sorry for being dense. But could you elucidate the bolded part.
rohiths
BRFite

Post by rohiths »

Air delivered nukes are for all practical purposes useless as Pakis could not even penetrate a few kms
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
Klaus wrote:

Sorry for being dense. But could you elucidate the bolded part.
They are with the Saudi masters
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

manjgu wrote:my posts on air activity have atleast 1 hour delay !! actually i saw 2 su 30 converging in distance...thought are they going to collide but it was only a optical illusion. they were coming in from 2 different angle. On the whole balakot episode we will get more clarity close to 1st round of election as per someone i know in BJP ie in April .
Yes, that's my reading of it too. The govt is waiting for the right time, and we can then expect some AWACS or GC recording of the event to be released, if not some thing even more obvious.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Mukesh, Why do you want all that?
Klaus has said more than required.
If you want you can go private.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Empty facility was hit with 3X Brahmos to show India has the capability and not just SPICE.
Look at the burn marks that Col Bhat has posted on Internet.
How can an empty magazine catch fire?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

suryag wrote:Singha sir, idrw simply picked up baba so it is a repetition of Baba's message not from any other source.
true. IDRW are highly unreliable. notorious for collecting info from here and there and pass it as their own story. Better not to refer them.
SidSoma
BRFite

Post by SidSoma »

manjgu wrote:but yes, i can see the belly of the planes...didnt look as though they were armed or bristling with missiles ( atleast thats the way i saw them).
Babaji says......
Just Chill
Its just a drill
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Re: PakNukes.
So what have we learned?
1) Storage facility was empty
2) Fissile material production has been zero (as reported by our Agints since early 2002).
3) Weapons have been with KSA/Cheen (as reported by our Agints since 2002).
4) When Pak cage is tapped, they just run. Their ***ONLY***** Top Secret is that they are Nook-Nood.

Conclusion: They never had nukes except those provided for demonstration at Chagai from Tarrel & Deeplel Fiends. YET another data point. (YAAAAWWWNNN!)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Meanwhile, from our Local Correspondent:
Islamabad: The roads leading to Pakistan’s Multan Airport has been put on lockdown and the flights suspended after reports of firing and explosions, stated the Pakistan media on Monday. A Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) was also allegedly issued till 8:00 AM (local time) on Monday for the Multan International Airport.

“This is confirmed that there is some problem and some kind of incident has taken place but there is nothing like an attack. No personnel above rank of Air Vice Marshal or Brigadier-General have been killed, so there is no concern. Roads leading to Multan Airport are closed until the 300 corpses are brought out,” Pakistani journalist Ahmad Noorani tweeted on Monday.
“This Multan bound flight is not going towards Multan. Different social media accounts are claiming that sounds of heavy firing in Multan Airport Area can be heard. No confirmations…,” he added.
However, conflicting reports of the incident are emerging with another Pakistani journalist claiming that a small aircraft had caught fire at the airport.”Some people saying a small aircraft caught fire at the airport, nothing is confirmed though,” Faizan Lakhani tweeted.
Meanwhile, a Twitter user named F. Jeffrey, who claims to be a part of a think tank, claimed that a security incident has taken place. “What is verified is that a security incident happened. But we don’t know yet what exactly happened,” he tweeted. Confirmed reports about the incident are awaited.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

UlanBatori wrote:Re: PakNukes.
So what have we learned?
1) Storage facility was empty
2) Fissile material production has been zero (as reported by our Agints since early 2002).
3) Weapons have been with KSA/Cheen (as reported by our Agints since 2002).
4) When Pak cage is tapped, they just run. Their ***ONLY***** Top Secret is that they are Nook-Nood.

Conclusion: They never had nukes except those provided for demonstration at Chagai from Tarrel & Deeplel Fiends. YET another data point. (YAAAAWWWNNN!)
Strange N-cube too had this nook- nude theory, or unless you are N-cube as well.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Great minds think alike. And read what other great minds write.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote:
“This is confirmed that there is some problem and some kind of incident has taken place but there is nothing like an attack. No personnel above rank of Air Vice Marshal or Brigadier-General have been killed, so there is no concern. Roads leading to Multan Airport are closed until the 300 corpses are brought out,” Pakistani journalist Ahmad Noorani tweeted on Monday.
:rotfl: UBji, please to provide coffee-spill alert before inserting such gems in a seemingly innocuous report.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

rhytha wrote:
Strange N-cube too had this nook- nude theory, or unless you are N-cube as well.
:mrgreen:
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Lalmohan wrote:
Nope he is in Sargodha And dhoti shivering at the sight of su-31s
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Lalmohan wrote:

Nope, he is in Bangalore, Chiraala
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Guys can you please just shut up. There is something called crowd intelligence. Even it is open and obvious, why you have to say it, even perhaps if and when you are lying.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

I don’t buy that TSP has no nukes. IMO, they have nukes but as we know, their ability to deliver said nukes is questionable.

I think their silence about nukes is because they are scared it will give IAF carte blanche to seriously start targeting their delivery vehicles (and other miscellaneous nuclear facilities).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I heard 3 attack helicopters going right over my pakistan at 7:35PM. The pakistan has Western Front.
Neilz
BRFite

Post by Neilz »

I am trying put my thought together. Hope learned maulana will correct me...

With so far available information with us and the fact that any info from Pak is not trustable...
1. It is kind of official that PAF lost A JF-17
What we do not know however is:
* If only A jf-17 or more.
* If it is indeed a JF-17 or some other asset.
However, we can safely assume that something big has happened where PAF lost some valuable asset.

2. If we assume that JF-17 downed by SAM is correct
Question come up:
* Why SAM was on such high alert?
* Why IFF fails
* Was it spooked by any IAF action?
* Was/is there any revolt/ infighting in PA/PAF.
* Was/Is there a big jihadi attack like Karachi.
However, it again confirms that something really big happened.

3. All flights to Multan is stopped.
4. All roads to Multan is blocked.
5. City itself is locked down.
6. Sporadic gunfire is being heard.

* If only airspace is closed, we can assume that incidence has some correlation with IAF action.
* But when roads leads to Multan is closed, that means they need time to hide / cleanup or they are preventing adversary to com in / reinforcement.
* But when Multan city itself is closed, it means it is too big to hide or something ongoing.
* If sporadic gun fire is being heard, it means , something ongoing.

Now if we look at all possibilities., it is either a karachi type attack happened or infighting going on.

To me it is any of the below:
1. Probably infighting, because common Jihadi can not fly JF17 or fire SAM.
2. Big chunk of assets are lost not just A fighter.
3. If that JF-17 fell in public places,which can not be denied. Then it is most probably infighting.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Main question is whether the reports of GUNFIRE are credible. That makes all the difference between accident and incident, unless they were (a) celebrating or (b) shooting at their own pilots coming down in parachutes or on the ground, or (c): doing (a) after (b). So the thing is to get clear(er) evidence of the gunfire report. This CT is not yet up to the high standards where UBCN can carry it, but will be very pleased to do so with a little more info.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

UlanBatori wrote:Main question is whether the reports of GUNFIRE are credible. That makes all the difference between accident and incident, unless they were (a) celebrating or (b) shooting at their own pilots coming down in parachutes or on the ground, or (c): doing (a) after (b). So the thing is to get clear(er) evidence of the gunfire report. This CT is not yet up to the high standards where UBCN can carry it, but will be very pleased to do so with a little more info.
:rotfl: