Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by ldev »

shyamd wrote:KSA FM to arrive today looks like. His visit was put off after GoI said close down camps and take serious steps against terror otherwise let’s not waste time.....
Interesting.

By the way, don't you have a blog?
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

DrRatnadip wrote:https://m.timesofindia.com/india/india- ... 332645.cms

No signs of de escalation from our PM..
I wouldn't read much into poll speeches, rather look at what's actually happening on the ground.
Vivasvat
BRFite

Post by Vivasvat »

Was another naPaki drone shot down over Shri Ganganagar just a while ago? Some Indian news channel uploaded the news about half an hour ago.
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

khan wrote:
partha wrote: This article says there is a possibility that JeM (and ISI handlers) went rogue and conducted Pulwama attack bypassing Bajwa https://theprint.in/opinion/it-is-a-dan ... wa/202840/

I find it hard to believe but if that is a possibility then it could be one explanation why Pakistan keeps extending NOTAM to keep airspace closed (now extended until March 11th even though clear signals for de-escalation from India) because if India and US believe Bajwa is not in control or Bajwa believes rogue ISI/JeM/LeT are planning another spectacular attack in India, there is a real possibility of India and US trying to grab or secure Pak nukes (as khanji said).
This article was written by a Baki - take it with a bucket of Salt.

India has not given a single sign of de-escalation, rather it is the opposite, India keeps doing things to keep the temperature warm.
Non-state actors and now rogue elements, its all about semantics for Pakis. So convenient. And many in India are taken in by these words.

Those who caused Pulwama are rogue, and bypassed Bajwa, then who are the remaining in lot - loyal, strategic asset ...to Bajwa?

This is so predictable, whenever it becomes too hot to handle, declare them as 'non-state actors' or 'rogue elements'.
Otherwise, they are Paki assets, useful in the fight of thousand cuts to India.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Vivasvat wrote:Was another naPaki drone shot down over Shri Ganganagar just a while ago? Some Indian news channel uploaded the news about half an hour ago.
No, they're catching up late to the news. It wasn't shot down, rather shot at with small arms in the wee hours of the morning.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

abhik wrote:
DrRatnadip wrote:https://m.timesofindia.com/india/india- ... 332645.cms

No signs of de escalation from our PM..
I wouldn't read much into poll speeches, rather look at what's actually happening on the ground.
Agreed sir.. Pakis wont have luxury to ignore his speeches though :twisted:
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

M_Joshi wrote:Rajnath Singh claims India conducted three surgical strikes across LoC, ‘won’t reveal info on third’
Speaking at a public gathering in Karnataka, Rajnath said, “Pichle 5 varsho mein, teen baar apni seema ke bahar jaa kar hum logon ne air strike kar kaamyaabi haasil ki hai. Do ki jaankari apko dunga, teesri ki nahi dunga (In the past five years, we have crossed the border thrice and conducted air strikes. I will tell you about two, not the third one).”
This video is from Sep 28th 2018 where Rajnath Singh indirectly implied that they have taken an appropriate action against Pakistan to avenge the barbaric killing of a BSF jawan. He said something appropriate has happened 2-3 days back, viz around 25-26th Sep 2018.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIKYqhm7mLI
“Our neighbouring country Pakistan keeps fostering unrest. It’s not refraining from its nefarious activities. People often raise how they mistreat our Border Security Force jawans. Something has happened, I won’t tell what. Something has happened, some thing fitting has happened. Trust something befitting has happened. Just 2-3 days ago. Some people know about it. Something has happened. And, be ready for more to come.”
May be Third strike he is talking about is IA raid in Myanmar..
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

IED found and neutralized in Akhnoor area in the afternoon:

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1104385284035100672

SSP Jammu, Tejinder Singh on IED neutralized in Khour area of Akhnoor in J&K today: A suspicious item was found near Nandwal chowk, area was vacated & Army was called. Suspicious item was confirmed to be an IED & it was properly neutralised. Further investigation is underway."

Below one has video of IED if Gurus want to check intensity.

https://twitter.com/India_89/status/1104372865678245888

Ceasefire violation in Akhnoor area in the evening:

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1104378564068163586
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

JayS wrote:^^ Such things keep happening on daily basis. We hear about losses on our side, because we dont hide deaths of our Soldiers. When India counter attacks and Pakis die, but they simply suppress the matter and India doesn't have any reason to publicise it. So you wont hear about it. Don't even hope to hear about it. But be assured, IA doesn't keep quite as much as we may think. Its gives back in kind, every single time. Lets leave it at that.

BTW he didn't really mean three air strikes, its slip of tongue. He meant three cross border raid, including Uri SS and Balakot strike.
I really wish GOI announced these things & humiliated the Bakis. H&D is more important to them than their soldiers lives.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

AmiBera wrote:Also from US A very influential Congressman ( Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee) Ami Bera penned a nice article If Imran Khan does not take action against terrorists, I'm afraid Pakistan will continue to slide into international isolation, which will only serve to increase economic hardship on the Pakistani people
Time For Pakistan to Chart a New Course
Time For Pakistan to Chart a New Course
By Rep. Ami Bera, D-California - March 8, 20190
WHAT economic hardship?
Pakistan got $12M in air-home-delivered aid from India (6 spices ar $2M ea) in just the past week.
The challenge going forward is to end such descriptions:
The Kashmir issue is deeply complex
It is no more complex than the California Issue or the Louisiana Issue or Texas Issue. Need to scrap 35A and 370, and destroy Pakistan.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From the Comedy Section
Terrorists :(( to ICC about Indian team reminding them about Balakot. And Dacca 1971. And Longewala 1971. And Asal Uttar 1965. :((

My pooch: Isn't it beyond blasphemous to be watching TV during India-Aus matches, and that too INSIDE India?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pakis have cited "weather" as reason for not allowing visits by the jeenious Reuter-Pakis. So how is that "new" photo from near the pakistan (what else has only ventilators not windows?) taken in such clear weather?
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

[We have carried out three strikes in five years.
:twisted: https://m.timesofindia.com/india/india- ... 333188.cms

Any idea what he is refering to as the third strike that cannot be disclosed?
Last edited by Narad on 09 Mar 2019 22:14, edited 2 times in total.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

I have to share something with my BRfites today. Shortly after the pulwama attack as the first picture streamed across my computer screen on that fateful day, I was in the middle of doing something. Without thinking I let out a primeval scream so loud, for a second I thought someone is going to come knocking on my door as though something terrible has happened in my house.of course something terrible has happened, I felt my mother or family members have died. Thinking back that sight of bodyparts of my people, our people spread across that godforsaken road in far away kashmir is what did it. I could not concentrate on my work for several days after that.

I know that same feeling came across most of India. I thought to myself what is mother india and what is its power. Mother India or Ma Bharti is not a person or thing. it is an intangible that can not be defined . But it has the power to change the world. it is more powerful than GDP, Rafale, atomic weapons.It is our combined memory, it is our culture, it is our joint subconscious, it is Hindutva.

What is not discussed or felt in all this discussion is this power of Ma Bharti which is what you and me are seeing now.When a Nirav Mody is sighted and his extradition is discussed quickly without BS, when powerful defense attache of USA and UK come calling, when Our son Abhinandan is returned out of fear, this is the power of Ma Bharti you are seeing. You will see more of it in coming days, weeks , months and years.

JAI HIND
tapan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by tapan »

Suresh S wrote:I have to share something with my BRfites today. Shortly after the pulwama attack as the first picture streamed across my computer screen on that fateful day, I was in the middle of doing something. Without thinking I let out a primeval scream so loud, for a second I thought someone is going to come knocking on my door as though something terrible has happened in my house.of course something terrible has happened, I felt my mother or family members have died. Thinking back that sight of bodyparts of my people, our people spread across that godforsaken road in far away kashmir is what did it. I could not concentrate on my work for several days after that.

I know that same feeling came across most of India. I thought to myself what is mother india and what is its power. Mother India or Ma Bharti is not a person or thing. it is an intangible that can not be defined . But it has the power to change the world. it is more powerful than GDP, Rafale, atomic weapons.It is our combined memory, it is our culture, it is our joint subconscious, it is Hindutva.

What is not discussed or felt in all this discussion is this power of Ma Bharti which is what you and me are seeing now.When a Nirav Mody is sighted and his extradition is discussed quickly without BS, when powerful defense attache of USA and UK come calling, when Our son Abhinandan is returned out of fear, this is the power of Ma Bharti you are seeing. You will see more of it in coming days, weeks , months and years.

JAI HIND
Jai Hind
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

^

old saying.......

Aankh se ashk kab nahin tapakta?
Lahu tapakta hai jab, tab nahin tapakta

(When does the eye not shed tears?
When it sheds blood, that's when)

Ma Bharati has shed too many tears. Time to take on her Rudra avatar and finish off these demons.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

ldev wrote:
shyamd wrote:KSA FM to arrive today looks like. His visit was put off after GoI said close down camps and take serious steps against terror otherwise let’s not waste time.....
Interesting.

By the way, don't you have a blog?
Yes I used to but no time these days
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 2825628673

Firing at the international border in Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan. One phrase used by the defense spokespersons continues to resonate in my mind, "Operations are continuing.. ".

looks like it was a uav being shot down

https://twitter.com/kochattil/status/11 ... 5485867009
Last edited by sudeepj on 09 Mar 2019 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
ranneel
BRFite

Post by ranneel »

From flightradar... 8 hrs back
Notam news —Pakistan says it attempted to open one eastbound and one westbound transiting airway through Pakistani airspace between the Muscat and Mumbai FIRs (Notam A0258/19), but reciprocal connectivity was denied by Mumbai FIR (Notam A0357/19).
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I cannot put my finger, but this was perhaps the last straw that broke the camel's back across India. This was different, I think people do not realize, that day India changed!! something snapped!! Of course the BIF, the sold out media, the clue less politicians, the unintellectual intellectual, the thick skin babu, the Shakespeare spouting judiciary have all I am afraid have missed it. I believe, the feeling is Kargil * 10. There will be retribution. All of the above have to pay!!

Suresh S wrote:I have to share something with my BRfites today. Shortly after the pulwama attack as the first picture streamed across my computer screen on that fateful day, I was in the middle of doing something. Without thinking I let out a primeval scream so loud, for a second I thought someone is going to come knocking on my door as though something terrible has happened in my house.of course something terrible has happened, I felt my mother or family members have died. Thinking back that sight of bodyparts of my people, our people spread across that godforsaken road in far away kashmir is what did it. I could not concentrate on my work for several days after that.

JAI HIND
ranneel
BRFite

Post by ranneel »

India ‘reviewing’ Pakistan request for opening an air route
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 481316.ece

India is "reviewing" Pakistan's request to open an air route from Mumbai to Karachi and northwards for flights towards Europe, a senior official of the Ministry of Civil Aviation said on Saturday.

It has been more than ten days since Pakistan shut its airspace for civilian flights following military tensions.

It is reliably learnt that following international pressure Pakistan also sought permission to open another east-bound route from Karachi, to enter India near Ahmedabad, via Muscat (for flights towards South East Asia and beyond). India, however, rejected this proposal as there was no reciprocal permission for traffic exiting the country in the opposite direction.

"Pakistan says it attempted to open one eastbound and one westbound transiting airway through Pakistani airspace between the Muscat and Mumbai FIRs (Notam A0258/19), but reciprocal connectivity was denied by Mumbai FIR (Notam A0357/19)," according to Flightradar on Twitter.
Notam A0258 from CAA Pakistan says
DUE TO DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AIRSPACE IS NOT AVBL IN
It is after this that the news of airspace closed upto March 9th was released.
Last edited by ranneel on 09 Mar 2019 23:41, edited 2 times in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The site Nathan Ruser and others claim to be the target in Balakot is at lat, long 34.464118°, 73.318160°. Take a look at where it is. Then, look at the stories about "300 mobile phones were active". Take a look at the alleged target site again. You think that place has mobile coverage?

It is entirely possible that the alleged location of the strike given at the coordinates above, and the tours of Reuters, etc., to that site is pure Pakistani deception. Once it is public wisdom that "that is the site", perhaps people, reporters, etc., are looking for non-existent damage at an unbombed site. Because the bombed site is somewhere else altogether. It all depends on how seriously you take stories like the "300 mobile phones were active", etc.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

fanne wrote:I cannot put my finger, but this was perhaps the last straw that broke the camel's back across India. This was different, I think people do not realize, that day India changed!! something snapped!! Of course the BIF, the sold out media, the clue less politicians, the unintellectual intellectual, the thick skin babu, the Shakespeare spouting judiciary have all I am afraid have missed it. I believe, the feeling is Kargil * 10. There will be retribution. All of the above have to pay!!

JAI HIND
I remember the day. The feeling of extreme sadness and anger. I couldn't concentrate on my work for days. There was a kind of hollow feeling and rage that was building up inside me. I was feeling helpless, angry and sad. But I had hope. Hope that we would retaliate and avenge the soldiers martyred in pulwama. And our govt didn't disappoint. Finally, I felt at peace and saw the same feeling in all the people I came across.

And On that day, the India said in a collective voice, enough is enough. Built in frustration over the decades, gave rise to the righteous anger that gripped the nation. And those in the cabal missed it and continue to miss it.
And for that they will pay a big price. There will be retribution for we as nation have reached the limits of our patience and tolerance.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

JAI HIND
Same here... One of my take aways is that I should be a more aggressive nationalist in my public life. The space for nationalist expression has been consistently shrinking in India. This space needs to be expanded. Also, put your money or actions where your mouth is. If we want to see difference in media coverage and the behavior of corporates etc. we must be willing to pay for the media we like and also discard the media we do not. Unsubscribe from channels like NDTV, the garbage peddled by Arun Poorie, stop buying products from MNCs that have taken a conscious decision to undermine Indian culture etc.

These are just a few steps, but an ounce of action is more than a tonne of outrage. Take action. The smallest of your acts will build up on itself, and you will move from lethargy and powerlessness to action and confidence.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

^^ +108. It would be great if we can list, co-ordinate specific actions to channelize the outrage into action.
E.g.
(1) Every BRFite should subscribe to at least two RW sites/mag.
(2) Be active on Twitter(SM), build a positive narrative and stop feeding the trolls on the negative side
(3) Learn how media houses earn money and never provide them an opportunity to "earn" channels like NDTV et al. - No clicks, no article views, no subscription online or on TV.
(4) Stop the behavior of getting confirmation from videshi sources/persons. Stay confident of your own roots/skills/resources.
(5) Promote "right" content, share, forward stories, links, video here as well as other sites. Maintain a list of recommended sites.
(6)...
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I have a different take on the issue of right wing and left wing.

All my professional life I have worked in domestic companies. Recently I have joined an MNC company. With a lot of female and minority staff.

Trust me when I tell you. We at are not alone. The women in our office are as right wing as any brfite.

They have absolutely no time for ==.

I have become a lot more optimistic about our future.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

TandavBrahmand wrote:^^ +108. It would be great if we can list, co-ordinate specific actions to channelize the outrage into action.
E.g.
(2) Be active on Twitter(SM), build a positive narrative and stop feeding the trolls on the negative side
(3) Learn how media houses earn money and never provide them an opportunity to "earn" channels like NDTV et al. - No clicks, no article views, no subscription online or on TV.
(4) Stop the behavior of getting confirmation from videshi sources/persons. Stay confident of your own roots/skills/resources.
(5) Promote "right" content, share, forward stories, links, video here as well as other sites. Maintain a list of recommended sites.
(6)...
This is my personal list, and things will be different for every one..
For me, this was OpIndia and Swarajya Mag.

Actually, I am a little split on this. Social media can be a huge time killer, and a mirage that lulls you into thinking that you have taken some action, when all you have done is to retweet something. Micro Publishing will not work for 99% of people. After a point, it can not be the substitute of actual action. After all, the goal is action, not outrage, and most often, social media is a channel for outrage, not action.

This is something that is EASILY acted on. We must get rid of NDTV from as many channels as we can. We must reduce the circulation of garbage newspapers such as Indian Express, Hindustan Times, Outlook, India Today, Tribune.. These people must feel the pain. Nobody is holding a gun to our heads to provide the daily bread for the likes of Barkha, Nidhi Razdan, Sagarika Ghose, Harprit Bal etc. This cultural garbage will pollute the minds of the young ones in the family and turn them into Sagarika Ghose clones. Just get rid of them altogether. You wont be missing much.

(4) Another action is to stop consuming MNC products and their mindless cultural garbage. I have resolved never to use Unilever products again. I used Patanjali only for those products that were better, now its only Swadesi for me, even if I dont like it as much.

(5) Donate to Dharmic/Indian/Indic/Hindu causes if you can.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Some of those garbage papers though, do have defence correspondents who can act like force multipliers for GOI provided GOI had a good media management policy at times like this. Of course, moment war/crisis is over, they will revert to usual programming.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Pratyush wrote:I have a different take on the issue of right wing and left wing.

All my professional life I have worked in domestic companies. Recently I have joined an MNC company. With a lot of female and minority staff.

Trust me when I tell you. We at are not alone. The women in our office are as right wing as any brfite.

Indian woman are more jingoistic than men FYI, including minority women, just take stats. It’s the I Indian men who have to wear a bangle actually.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Am not sure of all these generalizations. The moment we had the pilot captured, social media feed took a turn for the worse from all the "why war" crowd. Guys generally are more jingoistic/ ready to take a few blows on the chin in the Indian milieu. We have all grown up rough one time or the other. So, kind of understand the rationale for violence in certain cases and one cant always walk away with an easy win.

Most Indian women are trained by societal norms and personal experiences to see violence as thuggery and to be abhorred. Yes, even this is a generalization I admit.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

We need to learn as how to how to create a boycott movement against these anti Nationals so that they can feel the heat. Most of the time, we do nare baazi on SM but the corporations and Media houses don't feel the heat. I remember when US introduced thaad in South Korea, there was severe backlash against Korean companies in China and they registered huge losses. We must do something similar to make sure these anti national companies and media houses are deprived of their money. And we must also support all those people who are nationalists.

And moreover, Social boycott of naxalite teachers/Media persons/activists etc will also send the message. Here also we must follow Chinese example. For example, a whole class full of Chinese students boycotted a Indian origin Prof's class in Sydney because he used incorrect maps of Indo China border. And in the end, the univ and the Prof was forced to apologise.

We need to adopt these methods if we want to uproot the ecosystem.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Karan M wrote:Some of those garbage papers though, do have defence correspondents who can act like force multipliers for GOI provided GOI had a good media management policy at times like this. Of course, moment war/crisis is over, they will revert to usual programming.
Then those defence correspondents should move to nationalist publications, or start their personal publishing ventures. Can a single Vishnu Som deliver NDTV from the numerous sins that channel has committed over the past decades? Its Vishnus choice where he works and whom he associates with. Its my choice to walk away from a the cabal of desh drohis that form the NDTV.

I have seen an occasional grain of corn in feces. Does not mean I pick it up and eat it.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Ok, I was whining about OFB, BF & Tata start rolling out 155MM.

May be it has .. This says Dhanush has been handed over to IA on friday!

Need to roll out Dhanush and ATAGS fast. Cannot wait for all testing to be done.
Last edited by nam on 10 Mar 2019 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

rhytha wrote:
Pratyush wrote:I have a different take on the issue of right wing and left wing.

Indian woman are more jingoistic than men FYI, including minority women, just take stats. It’s the I Indian men who have to wear a bangle actually.
If my supreme hq was the national hq, Pakistan would have been destroyed 10 different ways by now. :rotfl:

Women have a clarity of vision that men often dont.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Karan M wrote: The moment we had the pilot captured, social media feed took a turn for the worse from all the "why war" crowd.
Most Indian women are trained by societal norms and personal experiences to see violence as thuggery and to be abhorred. Yes, even this is a generalization I admit.
I wouldn't generalize to Indian women, though there are numerous examples of any sort of behavior. Those who came through the Partition etc have a very different prescription for Peace (coincides with my own on the national level, but generalizes beyond that).

The propaganda started minutes after the Pulwama terror attack, before the blood had been washed away... from Sagarika Bose. Please find that tweet and store it in the Never Forget files. Been surprisingly quiet since and so have other notables such as Seema Sirohi, her political SiameseTwin. Not to mention because she is Unmentionable, A.... .
And there is no lack of others nominally/reportedly of the other gender: Pankaj Mishra. Also silent. Praful Bidwai is unlamentedly no longer on the Internet.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

nam wrote:..
Need to roll out Dhanush and ATAGS fast. Cannot wait for all testing to be done.
I always wondered why testing cannot be sped up by locating test sites on the LOC...
Oh, only 75% effective. oh but look at that fire!
:mrgreen:
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The deal not to use 155MM in artillery feud is now broken post Pak air strikes. The Pak tweeter lit up as soon as WC Abhi was released.. complaining about tremendous artillery bombardment by IA.

POK still does not have internet restored yet.

So we now have lot of opportunity to try them out. Hope there is no "peace deal" in DGMO hotlines.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

nam wrote:Ok, I was whining about OFB, BF & Tata start rolling out 155MM.

May be it has .. This says Dhanush has been handed over to IA on friday!

Thanks for the video, some salient points:

1. An order for 114 Dhanush have been placed, but according to the Government Gun Carriage Factory (GCF), the IA needs over 400.
2. Light weight and highly mobile.
3. It has a range of 38 KM and is 45 calibre. Bimodular loading/charging system for fast loading that doesn't exist in the Bofors gun.
4. Inertial Navigation System (INS - hopefully it can incorporate GAGAN and probably will), enhanced day/night vision camera and muzzle velocity radar (this is needed for accurate ranging - very smart of BEL). Knowing muzzle velocity accurately can pinpoint where the shell will explode allowing the use of shells with specific munitions - fragmenting, FAE, or NBC.
5. The enemy will shiver in front of the Dhanush. :twisted:

The GCF should be cranking these out like cookies. Make 4000 of them and sell them around the world. Make in India and combat tested in the toughest places on earth!
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2019/03/ ... trike.html
Describing 70-80 kg as “a hell of a lot of explosive”, Sabherwal pointed out that an anti-tank mine, which can rip open the belly of a heavily armoured tank, weighs just 5 kg and a 155-millimetre artillery shell, which can bring down a building, contains just 12-15 kg of explosive.
bombs used against Balakot are so specialised that they only made a small hole in the roof. If there is a “need to take out the people staying in a particular room without causing any damage to the adjacent room… We have the capacity to do that with this weapon”, they said, hinting at the possibility of secret, specialised munitions.
esommuk
BRFite -Trainee

Post by esommuk »

ranneel wrote:From flightradar... 8 hrs back
Notam news —Pakistan says it attempted to open one eastbound and one westbound transiting airway through Pakistani airspace between the Muscat and Mumbai FIRs (Notam A0258/19), but reciprocal connectivity was denied by Mumbai FIR (Notam A0357/19).
Good strategy to starve Pakistan from charges earned from traffic overflying between Far-East and Europe air-routes. Flightradar24 clearly showing all EU - Asia flying further south over Arabian Sea and entering Mumbai airspace en-route! Pakistan CAA feeling the pinch of not been able to earn any $$$ from overflying flights as they are non-existent at the moment!