Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
anishns
BRFite

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by anishns »

Paki team to dress up like that in ICC WC in support of JeM, LeT & other tanzeems :rotfl:
UlanBatori wrote:From the Comedy Section
Terrorists :(( to ICC about Indian team reminding them about Balakot. And Dacca 1971. And Longewala 1971. And Asal Uttar 1965. :((

My pooch: Isn't it beyond blasphemous to be watching TV during India-Aus matches, and that too INSIDE India?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Image did not link: pls provide. :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I keep returning to the Forum in the hope that I will see an Operation Karachi, Operation Lahore, Operation Pindi etc.
And "IAF Cessna downs squadraon of PAF F-16s as all pilots jump out when missile radar is activated"
Note that in the 2-seater F-16, the canopy is 1-piece, like a shalwar. One panics and punches the Red Button, and both are "in the air". Or going supersonic with the "wind whistling through the holes in their heads".
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

We have formally asked US to investigate the use on F16.

It will have to say No, not used and lie openly and loose potential sales... or say yes used and Pak lost one.

Force US to take side. If we are not confident of our claims, we would not have asked.

Pak should have just said used in air defence and the ones used were old ones. Now they are in pickle.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Post-Pulwama: A Moment for Introspection
The airstrikes deep in Pakistani territory by India crossing international borders for the first time since 1971 is no ordinary misadventure. It demonstrated a willingness and capability to carry out pre-emptive strikes at a time and a target of its choosing. It is immaterial whether the alleged terrorist camp which India claimed to have targeted existed or not, or whether there was any serious damage. Neither does it matter how many warplanes were taking part in the attack. What is material here is that a target indeed was chosen, the international border was crossed and that a pre-emptive strike – even if empty – was indeed launched. Moreover, the attackers were able to return to their bases safely. Was Pakistan’s nuclear bluff really called?
Pakistan was isolated, since no country condemned India. Friends of Pakistan called for restraint, but there was no condemnation of the violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty
Some sane voice?

Link
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I am hearing that Air India is not letting ppl board if they expect Visa On Arrival in India. Can't blame them. Any of our tanzeem experience this? Serious pooch, affects conference attendance plans of some ppl.

Security threat, if India went by TSA standards must like InfraRed, so far beyond Red that it makes no sense to say it. Look at the situation from the Pakistani perspective for a moment (yes I know, :rotfl: ) but trying to control myself:

1. Herrowic Oppressed Mujaheddin inflated himself as he passed a yindoo Oppressor Convoy. Totally without any Pakistan help, the allegations of ISI going there to build the weapon etc are totally false yindoo propaganda, the Mujaheddin learned the technique by observing the effectiveness of their Maulana's utterings after eating beans.

2. Yindoos started threatening Peaceful Pakistan a Boor Country, with all sorts of things. UNSC. Baksheesh-givers, everywhere.

3. Yindoos came like thieves in depth of the night, and murdered 700 innocent religious students sleeping peacefully and inhaling their co-students', goats' and mullahs' exhalations and emissions. Total massacre, they were all BURNED to cinders.

4. Yindoos called them TERRORISTS. Not even MILITANTS.

5. Yindoo cowards did not DARE to attack LaHore. Murdike. Sargodha. Abbotabad. 'Pindi. Gujanwala. Sialkot. Skardu. Gilgit. Multan. Karachi. IslamaGood. Anywhere the TFTA PA/PAF/PN were ready and waiting. Instead they attacked innocent, peaceful Balakot, Chakote, Muzzafarabad with Weapons of Mass Death and Destruction. Sleeping children. At 3:48AM.

6. NOT A SINGLE COUNTRY CAME TO PAKISTAN's SUPPORT. They called it COUNTER-TERRORISM.

7. Then Herrowic PAF went to avenge those 700 deaths, armed with 96 1000-lb laser-guided bombs, to wipe out Yindoo Prigade Headquarters across LOC. With one herrowic 2-seater F-16 piloted by Son of Vice-Chief of Pakistan Air Fauj, Air Marshal Bandar-ul-Sargodha. The Vice of the Rear-Marshal.

8. They started the attack by firing 4 AMRAAMs across the LOC, BVR, at the yindoo Su-30MKIs.
9. Out of NOWHERE, this short dark rice-eating "pencil" MiG-21 piloted by short-dark-rice-eating, long-moustached idli-fed South Indian, dared to TARGET the F-16 and chased him right across the LOC. Forcing brave F-16 to turn tail and flee, thus losing the laser sight on the target. The first set of bombs launched, just fell mostly in Pakistan side, killing a few PA and Mujaheddin.
10. The sdre pilot SHOT the F-16, a heat-seeking mijjile straight up the hot ass of the F-16. The brave F-16 pilots punched out as soon as they saw the Missile Warning, and landed, expecting to be greeted as warrier herrows.
11. Both were beaten to death by POKashmiris and Jehadis.
12. Indian pilot was captured, but Mujahedding were not allowed to torture him, they had to hand him to PA per Imran Dimran's stupid orders. Even before Hasina Atim Bum and Shrilleen could arrive to begin the full torture.
13. Yindoos reacted like never before. They threatened to blast all of Pakistan with missiles. When Pakistan started mentioning Nuk.. Imran was slapped and kicked by US, UK, France, Japan, Iceland, Nauru, Seychelles, Maldivies. Imran had to appear in Parliament looking like he had been buggered by a dozen. Probably had.
14. Pakistan had to meekly hand back the pilot to Yindoos.
15. Yindoos complained to Yankees that F-16 use violated EULA. Pakistan has to hide the fact that it even used F-16s
16. No AMRAAM went anywhere near its target. As soon as it crossed the LOC, its guidance went haywire and the warhead fuse went kaput. 3 turned 180 degrees and hit PA jeeps across LOC, one fell inside India and was captured with Name, Rank and Serial Number visible intact.
17. Yindoos have scared foreigners into cancelling all flights across Pakistan. Drug trade of PITA is suffering.

Wouldn't YOU BE raging mad, if you were a Paki with Rooh-Afza running in your veins. Hain?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

UlanBatori wrote: Pakistan got $12M in air-home-delivered aid from India (6 spices ar $2M ea) in just the past week.
UlanBatori'ji, the bakis could not read the recipe written in mongolian and they put the spices up the wrong end. They are asking for more supplies.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

sudeepj wrote:
Suresh S wrote:I have to share something with my BRfites today. Shortly after the pulwama attack as the first picture streamed across my computer screen on that fateful day, I was in the middle of doing something. Without thinking I let out a primeval scream so loud, for a second I thought someone is going to come knocking on my door as though something terrible has happened in my house.of course something terrible has happened, I felt my mother or family members have died. Thinking back that sight of bodyparts of my people, our people spread across that godforsaken road in far away kashmir is what did it. I could not concentrate on my work for several days after that.

JAI HIND
Same here... One of my take aways is that I should be a more aggressive nationalist in my public life. The space for nationalist expression has been consistently shrinking in India. This space needs to be expanded. Also, put your money or actions where your mouth is. If we want to see difference in media coverage and the behavior of corporates etc. we must be willing to pay for the media we like and also discard the media we do not. Unsubscribe from channels like NDTV, the garbage peddled by Arun Poorie, stop buying products from MNCs that have taken a conscious decision to undermine Indian culture etc.

These are just a few steps, but an ounce of action is more than a tonne of outrage. Take action. The smallest of your acts will build up on itself, and you will move from lethargy and powerlessness to action and confidence.
So apt and for same reason I didn't subscribed for ndtv in New trai channels pack
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Something is cooking it seems.... :)

Did 3 airstrikes in 5 years, but won't talk about third strike, says Rajnath Singh at Karnataka rally
https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok ... 2019-03-09
"One time you saw in Uri, terrorists who came from Pakistan killed 17 of our soldiers, who were sleeping at night in a cowardly attack. After that, our soldiers also decided. Whatever happened after that you too know it very well, I need not tell... now you are seeing. First attack happened. second one was air strike... happened after Pulwama attack. I won't give you information about the third one," Singh said without elaborating.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

Rakesh wrote:Something is cooking it seems.... :)

Did 3 airstrikes in 5 years, but won't talk about third strike, says Rajnath Singh at Karnataka rally
https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok ... 2019-03-09
"One time you saw in Uri, terrorists who came from Pakistan killed 17 of our soldiers, who were sleeping at night in a cowardly attack. After that, our soldiers also decided. Whatever happened after that you too know it very well, I need not tell... now you are seeing. First attack happened. second one was air strike... happened after Pulwama attack. I won't give you information about the third one," Singh said without elaborating.
I believe He is talking about raid in Myanmaar.. We have not explicitly accepted that we crossed the Myanmar border ..
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Doctor Sahab, that is what I thought as well. But since the Myanmar raid is over, why would he not want to talk about it?
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

Rakesh wrote:Doctor Sahab, that is what I thought as well. But since the Myanmar raid is over, why would he not want to talk about it?
Sir I am just guessing.. Only reason I can think of is that He may not want to put Myanmar in awkward position by accepting we crossed it's soverign borders.. But I wish I am wrong and we did all three strikes in Pak.. I remember one paki leader saying after Myanmar ops that we can't repeat same with Pak as they are NUCLEAR POWER.. :rotfl: :rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

IAF has been crossing over TSP more frequently than PITA airplanes.

Third one was where the centrifuge facility at Kahuta was destroyed, same day as the main tactical missile storage facility at Sargodha and Skardu were hit with bunker-buster weapons. Did u wonder why Skardu-based F-16s have not been active recently?

I don't know why Rajnathji won't talk about it, everyone seems too afraid to say the blunt truth: Pakistan has **NO** nuclear fissile material production capability any more, and the F-16-carried nukes from Skardu are now grounded due to runway damage. Not sure, but I think about 12 F-16s were damaged/ put out of their misery in the Skardu raid as well. This is why the recent "Strike Package" of Pakis was so full of F-16s (Revenge..) :rotfl:

Someone asked why Jaguars were not asked in the Balakot raid. Also Su-27s. Well... you gotta give these planes some rest...
Absolutely amazing missions, wending their way between the cliffs through narrow canyons at high subsonic speeds. I think Skardu mission was led by Su-27s (I could be wrong) to take out the radar and SAMs before the Jags came in, because only those could go in at low level through the canyons. IAF pilots have become adept at the Pogachev Cobra manuever, forget about simple things such as "Wingover".

RT.com reported these briefly but then the report disappeared. Since there was not (and won't be) any confirmation from India, I decided not to post it then.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

1730 hrs yday one drone was downed by IA aa gun in ganganagar sector

The 0500 yday drone escaped after bsf fired on it with small arms
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

UlanBatori wrote:IAF has been crossing over TSP more frequently than PITA airplanes.

Third one was where the centrifuge facility at Kahuta was destroyed, same day as the main tactical missile storage facility at Sargodha and Skardu were hit with bunker-buster weapons. Did u wonder why Skardu-based F-16s have not been active recently?

I don't know why Rajnathji won't talk about it, everyone seems too afraid to say the blunt truth: Pakistan has **NO** nuclear fissile material production capability any more, and the F-16-carried nukes from Skardu are now grounded due to runway damage. Not sure, but I think about 12 F-16s were damaged/ put out of their misery in the Skardu raid as well. This is why the recent "Strike Package" of Pakis was so full of F-16s (Revenge..) :rotfl:

Someone asked why Jaguars were not asked in the Balakot raid. Also Su-27s. Well... you gotta give these planes some rest...
Absolutely amazing missions, wending their way between the cliffs through narrow canyons at high subsonic speeds. I think Skardu mission was led by Su-27s (I could be wrong) to take out the radar and SAMs before the Jags came in, because only those could go in at low level through the canyons. IAF pilots have become adept at the Pogachev Cobra manuever, forget about simple things such as "Wingover".

RT.com reported these briefly but then the report disappeared. Since there was not (and won't be) any confirmation from India, I decided not to post it then.

you forgot to mention the Mig 31 that was taking pics of the su-27 bunker busting.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Myanmar raid was not an airstrike. Ground forces assaulted the terrorist camp.
In fact, I dont believe any air assets were used anywhere in the raid (forget Uri movie) except when dropping off the troops, and they were dropped off about many kms inside Indian border and trekked by foot after that.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OT, but Speaking of MiG-31

The cockpit instruments look WW2 vintage. General Smirnoff does not believe in cheapo digital gagues? Only "glass cockpit" is the glass of vodka?
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

A few months back Rajnath Singh, at an event made a cryptic statement referring to LoC "kuch hua hai kuch baDa hua hai theek hua hai" or something to that effect. That's the 2nd surgical strike I think.

Edit: found it. From Sept 2018

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 999832.cms
Action against Pakistan? ‘Something big has happened’, says Rajnath Singh
on the International Border in Samba district, the minister said, “Kuchh hua hai, main bataunga nahin. Theek thaak hua hai. Vishwas rakhna theek thaak hua hai do teen din pehle. Aur aage bhi dekhiyega kya hoga. (Something has happened. I won’t reveal it now. Something big has happened. Trust me, something really big has happened two-three days ago. And you will also see what happens in future).”
Last edited by partha on 10 Mar 2019 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

partha wrote:A few months back Rajnath Singh, at an event made a cryptic statement referring to LoC "kuch hua hai kuch baDa hua hai theek hua hai" or something to that effect. That's the 2nd surgical strike I think.
good to see that he has moved on from "Kadi Ninda". :wink:
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

UlanBatori wrote:OT, but Speaking of MiG-31

The cockpit instruments look WW2 vintage. General Smirnoff does not believe in cheapo digital gagues? Only "glass cockpit" is the glass of vodka?
serious pooch : with current level of satellite tech is the MiG31/sr71 type recon plane relevant ?
MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Post by MeshaVishwas »

UlanBatori wrote:I am hearing that Air India is not letting ppl board if they expect Visa On Arrival in India. Can't blame them. Any of our tanzeem experience this? Serious pooch, affects conference attendance plans of some ppl.

:rotfl:
Now I have accidental Bisi Bele Bath inhalation!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Upgraded one is digital.

http://i16.tinypic.com/5yhhagi.jpg
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Atmavik wrote:

serious pooch : with current level of satellite tech is the MiG31/sr71 type recon plane relevant ?
Always. You can't just relocate satellites using up their onboard fuel, tech component life., etc, for a whim.
High flying aircraft even on our side, can field some real nifty LOS optics/radar sensors & ELINT gear.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Atmavik wrote:

As Karan said, it has its place for surveillance and not to mention that TSP and Cheen will shit in their pants once detected on fast flyby. You can quickly judge how good their air defense is. Nobody can shoot it down.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

SriKumar wrote:Myanmar raid was not an airstrike. Ground forces assaulted the terrorist camp.
In fact, I dont believe any air assets were used anywhere in the raid (forget Uri movie) except when dropping off the troops, and they were dropped off about many kms inside Indian border and trekked by foot after that.
He said 3 surgical strikes, not air strikes, ddm as usual
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

The reference is to 3 strikes aainst Pakistan. Myanmar one was clearly described .He is referring to one which public do not know about
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

mig31 pilot described the elaborate procedures used to intercept the SR71
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/foxhoun ... spy-plane/
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

It occurred to me that the GOI is doing strikes, but without outside visible damage to give Pakis a jhappad, but yet provide them a way to say no damage occurred. Thus the first surg. strike was denied by pakis, similarly the second one, which Rajnath singh alluded to (which the pakis and Indian govt did not even acknowledge, and then the airstrike which left the buildings standing.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

prasannasimha wrote:The reference is to 3 strikes aainst Pakistan. Myanmar one was clearly described .He is referring to one which public do not know about
I guess it have more to do with bsf casualties
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

I think sats can just give you a good top view with cm level accuracy but if you want a side video or view from a specific angle of the target you will need a aircraft or uav and you can get a reco coverage of target as and when you like without having to worry about cloud coverage or bad weather much when you with aircraft
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Guys please start focusing on serious discussion, not just chit-chat.
https://www.orfonline.org/research/bala ... ory-48730/
Mar 05 2019

Balakot air strikes: the end of the madman theory

Sushant Sareen

If Pakistan thinks they can scare Modi by playing mad, the Balakot air strikes show that he can scare them even more. Pakistan's madman theory has been turned on its head.

For nearly thirty years now, Pakistan has been playing the madman with nukes. The strategic deterrence posture of Pakistan has been based on first-use of nuclear weapons against any conventional attack on Pakistan, especially from India. Innumerable times over these three decades, Pakistani generals and politicians have, at the drop of a hat, threatened the use of nuclear weapons against India.

Having convinced the world that they consider nuclear weapons as weapons of war not weapons of deterrence, Pakistan had successfully deterred India from using its conventional superiority to punish Pakistan for its relentless and remorseless export of terrorism.

Pakistan’s strategy was based on not just convincing everyone that they were irrational enough to use nukes, but also being convinced themselves that India was rational enough to never risk calling Pakistan's bluff.

Rationality is, however, a subjective thing, and irrationality is a game two can play. While it was perfectly rational for Pakistanis to play irrational, it was quite irrational for India to play rationally in the face of Pakistan's act of irrationality. Many analysts and strategists had been advocating the need to call Pakistan's bluff, but until the airstrikes on the Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist camp in Balakot, Indian leaders preferred to play according to the Pakistani playbook. Balakot has, however, changed the playbook, not just India’s, but also perhaps Pakistan’s.

Actually, the first time the Pakistanis thought that there was leadership in India which was crazier than them was in 1998. When Atal Bihari Vajpayee became prime minister for the second time, there was a degree of uncertainty in Pakistan on what to expect from the first non-Congress Indian prime minister. Within weeks of being sworn in, Vajpayee carried out nuclear tests on May 11, 1998. The three tests shocked Pakistan. But when two days later another two tests were carried out, the Pakistanis became hysterical. There was utter panic in Pakistan. They just couldn’t figure out what they were up against.

For the first time, the Pakistanis who had been playing mad on nukes felt that they were now up against someone who was actually and genuinely crazy. It scared the hell out of them and they felt they had no choice except to demonstrate their nuclear capability to restore deterrence. Later, when Vajpayee made a cryptic remark while addressing a public rally in Punjab that if Pakistan thought India would wait for them to use nuclear weapons before retaliating, it caused a lot of consternation.

But Vajpayee had already lost the plot when he reached out to Nawaz Sharif and started the bus diplomacy. His strict directions to the Armed Forces to not violate the LoC during the Kargil conflict because of the nuclear factor convinced the Pakistanis that Vajpayee was no different from his predecessors. And when in 2002, despite ordering a mobilisation of forces following the attack on Parliament, Vajpayee did not opt for the war option, the Pakistanis knew that he had accepted and conceded to their deterrence.

In 2014, when Narendra Modi became prime minister, the Pakistanis weren’t sure what to make of him. For nearly two-and-a-half years, Modi made at least five attempts to engage the Pakistanis in a dialogue. His overtures convinced the Pakistanis that he would observe the red lines they had set. The first time they got a little rattled was after the surgical strikes in September 2016. But since that was a shallow strike, the Pakistanis seemed to shrug it off. But the Balakot airstrike is something else. It is the most emphatic challenge to the Pakistani deterrence till now. The Pakistani air raid was an attempt to restore the deterrence, and wasn’t entirely unexpected.

But what is undeniable is the fact that the old red lines no longer exist. A door has been opened, and space has been created by India to raise the ante in the face of a grave provocation from Pakistan. And however much they might pretend otherwise, the more serious players in Pakistan know that the rules of the game have changed. Their nuclear blackmail has been called out because the guys whom it was supposed to impress are crazier than they imagined them to be. The bottom line is that Modi has clearly conveyed to Pakistan that if they thought they can play crazy, he can play crazier. If Pakistan thinks they can scare him by playing mad, he can scare them even more by upping the ante. In other words, Pakistan's madman theory had been turned on its head.

Don’t delve too much on the shallow air raid by Pakistan across the LoC–remember that India not just crossed the LoC but also the international border and struck in Pakistan proper. What needs to be looked at more carefully is the reaction inside Pakistan, not on the street or in forums like their Parliament, but of the people who actually call the shots. All those who were warning of a nuclear holocaust suddenly seemed to be piping down. Of course, they continued to talk tough, but laced it with a heavy dose of talking peace. The nuclear threat was alluded to, not brandished. The military spokesman while expressing resolve had stopped breathing fire and was actually talking of regional development and prosperity.

Suddenly, the penny seemed to drop—things could escalate beyond what Pakistan ever wanted. Even a couple of days after the air raids, the Pakistanis are on tenterhooks—not sure when, where, how India will respond. It's not for nothing that the Pakistani airspace remains virtually closed for overflights and even domestic flights are operating on a narrow corridor west of the country. The fact that Pakistanis were telling the international community that the Indian Navy was moving towards Karachi, India was poised to launch missile strikes, the Indian Air Force was in an offensive mode and Army units were being mobilised was a clear indication that they felt that there was more coming their way.

Although some of this was the typical Pakistani alarmism and wasn’t necessarily based on facts on the ground, the important thing is that Pakistan thought this was quite possible, even likely, if not imminent.

That the Pakistanis felt the Indians were quite capable of upping the ante further and going up the escalation ladder, is very significant because it means they can no longer be sure of India’s restraint.

Already, one of Pakistan's fundamental assumptions since the 2002 military stand-off is now being called into question.

The Pakistanis are convinced that Vajpayee backed down because of the pressure of the Indian business lobby and the international investors. Pakistanis now assume that because India is richer, and more developed, it has more to lose and will, therefore, always avoid an escalation. This is as heroic an assumption as some Indians assuming Pakistan’s reluctance for escalation is its poor financials. Post-Pulwama, it is clear that India’s riches aren’t going to prevent it from upping the ante, just as Pakistan's bankruptcy won’t be enough to stop it from its jihadist addiction.

This is a significant departure from the old routine because it now indicates the likelihood that Modi’s ‘madness’ (and this is not meant in a pejorative sense but in a positive sense) has set a new benchmark for all future governments. While the Pakistanis are praying hard for Modi’s defeat in the forthcoming general elections, there is a very good chance that even if the BJP doesn’t retain power, whoever forms the next government will find themselves being measured up against this benchmark.

In other words, future governments will have to live up to the baseline set by Modi on dealing with an outrageous act of terrorism from Pakistan. Public pressure and political compulsions could force the hands of future governments to strike inside Pakistan.

All this would, of course, be extremely distressing to the hashtag brigade that functions as Pakistan's advocates, apologists and admirers in India–the #SayNoToWar and #GivePeaceaChance lot. The fact of the matter is that for the last 30 years that’s precisely what India has been doing–giving peace a chance after chance, and saying no to war. But that has neither stopped the war (the asymmetric kind) nor ushered in peace.

But will the so-called peaceniks batting for Pakistan agree to travel in the bus blown up in Pulwama? Or go to terrorist camps in Pakistan and preach their peace sermons there? Or even convince their ‘friends, not masters’ in the Pakistani deep state to stop exporting violence? Preaching the virtues of peace to the victim is just so easy, isn’t it? Well, it seems this virtue signalling has run its course and is no longer credible. Welcome to Naya India!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

And this is the kind of strategic cowardice that was the previous normal under the great UPA. Here it from the horse's mouth itself, Shri Manmohan Singh. This man has no shame whatsoever. He doesn't have an iota of sense that sacrificing security personnel in terror attacks is unconscionable and needs to be responded to.

https://www.financialexpress.com/india- ... f/1502202/
Referring to the current escalation of tensions between the two neighbours, Singh said that New Delhi is grappling with another crisis of “mad rush of mutual self destruction being played between India and Pakistan” and hoped that saner counsel will prevail between the leadership of the two nations and situation will be normalised soon. He was addressing an event in New Delhi on Wednesday

“….Our country is grappling with another crisis of mad rush of mutual self destruction played between India and Pakistan.
Note the equal equal. Is it any wonder that the worst terror attacks in Indian history occurred under this fellows watch? Its truly a disgrace we had him at the highest post.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Arun Jaitley, FM on the entire Balakot/Pulwama attacks. Please watch.

https://youtu.be/HlxVSNU3krk?t=989
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Pakistani's faultlines brought out in this language/ethnic map. Ignore the run-over to the Indian side. See size of Pakistan punjab vis a vis the rest.

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

^^ The Baloch & the Pashtoon need India's moral & diplomatic support. How long can the Pakjabis stand and not do their usual, drop shalwar & bend over?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the problem is baloch and sindhis are <!5% of the population and get a very scanty share of the water. just take a look @ google earth to see how pakjab is green and gobbles all the water, while the makran and thar deserts are intruding into the indus valley (Sindh) leaving a thin green stripe. the f16 base on the outskirts of hyderabad is in the desert really.

blochistan has been the tandoor for the earth for 1000s of years. (alexanders march in the ghedrosian desert) https://www.livius.org/sources/content/ ... an-desert/ - once arabia became a desert with no monsoonal winds, the adjacent tracts of iran and blochistan suffered the same fate. yet arabia was once a lush vegetaion going by the oil and gas there ! these areas including all of TSP had big animals like lions, cheeta, tiger, hathi all extinct now save a tiny pop of the iranian cheeta. horses & donkeys somehow adapted and survived.

Pakjabis are 50% of more of the pop, 90% of the fresh water. they have taken over northern areas and cashmere also.

pashtoon regions are arid on TSP side (just see any videos of landi kotal types places) while its much more fertile and greener on afghan side (check videos of jalalabad, gardez, khost)

the most pleasant places in afghanistan seem to be cities like herat and mazar e sharif from travel vlogs. these are non pashtoon tajik, uzbek and hazara dominated areas.

with 50-60% of pop, control of the PA and nuclear weapons, most of the F-solahs and 90% of the fresh water, Pakjab holds the lions share of everything except access to the sea.

unless one can engineer grave economic hardships, the pakjabis look all set to rule the roost and be the king of the hill.

Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

sudeepj wrote:
TandavBrahmand wrote:^^ +108. It would be great if we can list, co-ordinate specific actions to channelize the outrage into action.
E.g.
(1) Every BRFite should subscribe to at least two RW sites/mag.........
(6)...
This is my personal list, and things will be different for every one..
(1) Every BRFite should subscribe to at least two RW sites/mag.
For me, this was OpIndia and Swarajya Mag.

(2) Be active on Twitter(SM), build a positive narrative and stop feeding the trolls on the negative side
Actually, I am a little split on this. Social media can be a huge time killer, and a mirage that lulls you into thinking that you have taken some action, when all you have done is to retweet something. Micro Publishing will not work for 99% of people. After a point, it can not be the substitute of actual action. After all, the goal is action, not outrage, and most often, social media is a channel for outrage, not action.

(3) Learn how media houses earn money and never provide them an opportunity to "earn" channels like NDTV et al. - No clicks, no article views, no subscription online or on TV.
This is something that is EASILY acted on. We must get rid of NDTV from as many channels as we can. We must reduce the circulation of garbage newspapers such as Indian Express, Hindustan Times, Outlook, India Today, Tribune.. These people must feel the pain. Nobody is holding a gun to our heads to provide the daily bread for the likes of Barkha, Nidhi Razdan, Sagarika Ghose, Harprit Bal etc. This cultural garbage will pollute the minds of the young ones in the family and turn them into Sagarika Ghose clones. Just get rid of them altogether. You wont be missing much.

(4) Another action is to stop consuming MNC products and their mindless cultural garbage. I have resolved never to use Unilever products again. I used Patanjali only for those products that were better, now its only Swadesi for me, even if I dont like it as much.

(5) Donate to Dharmic/Indian/Indic/Hindu causes if you can.

Thanks sir for the pushing. Was postponing purchase of my Swarajya subscription for many weeks.
Finally today did it.(and got 20% discount also.) :-)
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

partha wrote: This article says there is a possibility that JeM (and ISI handlers) went rogue and conducted Pulwama attack bypassing Bajwa https://theprint.in/opinion/it-is-a-dan ... wa/202840/

I find it hard to believe but if that is a possibility then it could be one explanation why Pakistan keeps extending NOTAM to keep airspace closed (now extended until March 11th even though clear signals for de-escalation from India) because if India and US believe Bajwa is not in control or Bajwa believes rogue ISI/JeM/LeT are planning another spectacular attack in India, there is a real possibility of India and US trying to grab or secure Pak nukes (as khanji said).
My sources tell me that retired, rogue ISI conducted pulwama attack, just like retired, rogue ISI conducted the Mumbai attack. My sources also informed me that retired, rogue IAF planes conducted balakot bombing as a revenge.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

^
Planned in the middle of international waters in Arabian sea of course!