We came ...
We saw ...
We conquered ...

Sign here !!!
vasu raya
BRFite

Re: 41st Anniversary of decisive Indian victory in 1971

Post by vasu raya »

Congratulations! and hopefully we collected all the dog tags (or equivalent) from the 90,000 POWs before sending them back.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Wasn't the actual number of surrendered 94,000?
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Note how the BBC ch**tia gives the pakis an H&D out by egging on the paki officer to say they surrendered "for human life" and that they could have fought on for a long time.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

That is MajGen PS Baghat IIRC

BBC was outright basturds reporting during the war , except one gentlemen named Anthony Mascarenhas

The pogrom by Pakis started on the Ugadi/Gudipadva March 27 of 1971
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Two sides of the same coin - how the victor and the vanquished reported the news of the birth of Bangladesh

Siddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Siddhu »

Song from PVC serial on DD.

If anyone have links to full serial pls share.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A set of 10 videos related to the 1971 war
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFC0A5C5EAFF24522
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

If only the News clippings were expandable images to read the news. But thanks Jagan ji.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Reading the paki news paper,

I wonder how many pakis donated 10% or more of their total wealth. I also wonder why Abu Bakr gave only 50% of his wealth even when prophet himself asked for alms? Was he only 50% committed to Islam and jihad?
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Remember YIP's gyan about 1971 in his excellent excellent excellent (I want more :(( :(( ) mil scenario?
Brown Pants Fauj invested heavily in the urban areas, as a reflection of the mentality of the officer class. which allowed considerable maneuverability for the Hindoo invaders. Piqued my interest even back then.... wonder if their are resources on battalion/regiment level ops which would shed more light on this funda. Of course, there is gyan on theatre level ops but I wish I could get the small potatoes.
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

Nixon: I want the Indians blamed for this, you know what I mean? We can't let these goddamn, sanctimonious Indians get away with this. They've pissed on us on Vietnam for 5 years, Henry.

Kissinger: Yeah.

Nixon: Aren't the Indians killing a lot of these people?

Kissinger: Well, we don't know the facts yet. But I'm sure they're not as stupid as the West Pakistanis—they don't let the press in. The idiot Paks have the press all over their place.
:rotfl: This is the first time I've actually read about how pissed of the US were with us sermonizing about Vietnam.

Source
1971 War: How Russia sank Nixon’s gunboat diplomacy
Last edited by KrishnaK on 20 Dec 2012 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

I hope we never forget the roles these countries played against India

1. USA
2. UK
3. Turkey
4. Saudi Arabia
5. Jordan
6. UAE
7. Iran
8. Indonesia

apart from Pakistan and China, of course.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

History,politics indeed makes "strange bedfellows"!

Yes,we must never forget and our media every anniversary of the Paki surrender,MUST print this historic pic on their front pages.Nations which were once at war never forget to honour their dead heroes,as they fought for their country to the death,and are a constant reminder to the current generation that they too must be prepared to make the supreme sacrifice for the nation in times of peril.

It should also be a reminder to our current rulers in peacetime of the old adage,that "when in peacetime,prepare for war",which will come upon you most unexpectedly as happened last time round at Kargil.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Can somebody post the stamp of 5 paise surcharge to feed the Bangladesh refugees

Recall that license fee for Radios was increased from RS 15 to Rs20 in 1971
rajatmisra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajatmisra »

Isn't it strange that the only national memorial to soldiers is the one built by the British after WWI? We have a series of memorials to politicians in Delhi...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

It is 44 years today since the shitlanders attacked Indian air bases in the west sparking off the war. Thought I would simply locate an old thread and resurrect it
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

I am sorry to sound a sour note but after this many decades, I think it was a hollow victory for us, and feel no desire to thump my chest.

The entire memory of calculated genocide of Hindus, carried out by Pakistan, has been all but erased. Probably the only people who have even kept it in mind are Sheikh Hasina and her partisans. Pakistanis strut around like they belong to a normal country, in fact the victims of Hindu perfidy, when they should have been many times the pariah apartheid South Africa was.

So-called proud and "militant" "right-wing" or dharmic Hindus are happy to, pardon me, compare penis size with Pakistan and declare victory, as if that is all the death of millions of Hindus and the rape of millions of others, not to speak of the sacrifices of Indian citizens and fighting men, amounts to. Just vicarious bragging rights for those of us who have never done any fighting or sacrificing of our own.

Sorry, I still feel bitter that Indira Gandhi was so void of a moral core that she failed to try the paki army for genocide, actually traded off the opportunity for Bhutto's insincere flattery if you can believe it, and the Indian people thought it was a fine thing she did.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

^^Well from the 20/20 of history yes - but the individual battles and the valour can be celebrated on the mil forum and that must not be forgotten - just as we must not forget what our men did in '65 despite returning and reversing every gain that they gave us.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

pentaiah wrote:Can somebody post the stamp of 5 paise surcharge to feed the Bangladesh refugees

Recall that license fee for Radios was increased from RS 15 to Rs20 in 1971
Father used to travel 30 km just to buy license fee stamps for radio. Think it was far less then 15 Rs. We still make joke about it. Not his fault......in his times simple cycles had number plates. He was quite modern for his time. My grand father bought him a cycle. My tau ji had his own horse :rotfl:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Paki news on 5th dec 1971
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Paki newspaper on 6th Dec 1971
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

7th Dec 1971
Abhay_S
BRFite

Post by Abhay_S »

^^^ The TFTAs got Zulfiqar and got another zulfi 8 years later.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Never also forget the sadism and barbarism of the Pakis in E.Pak.A close friend,veteran scribe,war correspondent at the time,embedded with the Indian troops ,told me personally of the horrors he saw in the war.he said that he will never forget what he saw and cannot forgive the Pakis for what they did. Piles of naked,tortured bodies of Hindu women over 10 ft. high were dumped at crossroads to terrorise the local population. When he accompanied our troops who liberated a Paki garrison,they were speechless when they found dozens of naked Hindu women walking out of the Paki army barracks ,where they had been kept as sex slaves. These were not isolated incidents. That's why 10 million refugees entered India to escape the bestiality of the Pakis which still exists today!

And what did the great democratic West and world community do? B*gger all! They supported the Pakis to the hilt.Nixon and his Sancho Panza Dr.Kissinger,were so wrong on this one,blind to the Paki genocide because of their Cold War instincts. The Bangladesh War had nothing to do with the Cold War.It was a brutal ,murderous denial of the right of the E.Pakistani Bengalis with Mujib as their leader to rule over the whole of Pak after a convincing election victory.Mayhem was let loose by Gen.Yahya Khan with the full-fledged support from ambitious upstart Zulfie Bhutto and the green light was given to the Paki mainly Punjabi troops to rape ,pillage,torture and murder at will. With the support of the US,the Pakis thought that nothing would happen to them. Thank the Lord above that we had at that time Mrs.G,her fellow cabinet colleagues and India's finest post-Independence general,Sam Manekshaw,who even had the temerity to tell Mrs.G not to push him into premature mil action. Mrs. G took his advice,waited patiently,used the time in travelling to the major world powers to seek their support to stem the terror in E.Pak and the flow of millions of refugees into India. But Nixon,Kissinger and co. snubbed her. India was given the cold shoulder by the West,so-called leaders of the democratic world. Their hypocrisy must also never be forgotten.

It was the Soviet Union who stood by us totally,with the signing of "Treaty of Peace and Friendship" between our two nations and even the insurance policy that they would prevent any US military backstabbing while we liberated E.Pak. It is with recent revelations that we now know how close we had come to being attacked by the US,who were warned off by the Soviets,especially with their N-subs. For independent India,it was our first great military victory for the nation after centuries of foreign invasion and subjugation.Those war heroes and establishment figures who were responsible for this glorious victory,a just war,a moral war,a meritorious war,a military masterpiece,we salute them.Truly this was our finest hour!
member_27581
BRFite

Post by member_27581 »

The clippings of Dawn remind me of "Man in the High Castle" by Philip K Dick. The plot has an alternative history in which allies lose the WW2 and US is divided between Japanese and Riech and a buffer zone of Rocky. In the novel a man writes a novel in which Allies win. Our western neighbours seem to be heavily influenced by it.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Paki bluff on 8 dec 1971
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Philip wrote:Never also forget the sadism and barbarism of the Pakis in E.Pak.A close friend,veteran scribe,war correspondent at the time,embedded with the Indian troops ,told me personally of the horrors he saw in the war.he said that he will never forget what he saw and cannot forgive the Pakis for what they did. Piles of naked,tortured bodies of Hindu women over 10 ft. high were dumped at crossroads to terrorise the local population. When he accompanied our troops who liberated a Paki garrison,they were speechless when they found dozens of naked Hindu women walking out of the Paki army barracks ,where they had been kept as sex slaves. These were not isolated incidents. That's why 10 million refugees entered India to escape the bestiality of the Pakis which still exists today![/b]
I am surprised that the soldiers did not take the matters into their own hand and punish the Pakis for their crimes.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Philip saar,
totally agree. BTW, imagine what kind of things the Pakistani army may be doing right now in the areas it occupies. We won't know until someone liberates those areas.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

johneeG wrote:Philip saar,
totally agree. BTW, imagine what kind of things the Pakistani army may be doing right now in the areas it occupies. We won't know until someone liberates those areas.
In that Tarak Fatah video posted in TSP dhaaga, he said that about 50 people are being killed in Balochistan daily and village after village is being razed.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kashi wrote: I am surprised that the soldiers did not take the matters into their own hand and punish the Pakis for their crimes.
The Mukti Bahini did that. If Indian soldiers did that it is most sensible to keep that under wraps and not make a huge song and dance about it giving ammunition to apologists of Shitistan and Indian seculars.

1971 was secular enough in that it was never revealed in India that 75% of the refugees and those killed were Hindus. You need to read an Amriki book for that info - "The Blood Telegram"
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

shiv wrote:The Mukti Bahini did that. If Indian soldiers did that it is most sensible to keep that under wraps and not make a huge song and dance about it giving ammunition to apologists of Shitistan and Indian seculars.

1971 was secular enough in that it was never revealed in India that 75% of the refugees and those killed were Hindus. You need to read an Amriki book for that info - "The Blood Telegram"
I am aware that most of the refugees and those killed were Hindus. This could also explain why the Jamaatis and Razakars managed to stay on in Bangladesh ever after liberation and did not get their comeuppance till recently. Maybe many politicos and jornols did not think much of it since most of the ones killed were Hindus. Haseena Wajed is different because this lot and their supporters were responsible for wiping out her family so it is personal.

I agree that there would have been some "incidents" that were hushed under the carpet or attributed to Mukti Baahini. I can only imagine the horror, the revulsion and the anger these soldiers must have felt when faced with these sights. They were human after all and I only hope that some of them reacted in a way that the Pakis deserved.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Paki media bluff on 9th December 1971
Last edited by shiv on 10 Dec 2015 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Blustery claims of Paki victory on 10th Dec 1971 as Indian forces closed in for the kill in Dhaka
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Paki media bluff on 11th December 1971

Meanwhile this is what the IAF was actually doing :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7v9-UJ4xj0
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Paki media bluff 12th Dec 1971. Note the reference to the Meghna airlift - Indians "badly mauled" :D
member_27581
BRFite

Post by member_27581 »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Must be a shocker for the aam abdul to see the creation of bangladesh after 4 days!
Off topic, I miss the 90s or early 2000s when PTV was available on cable and we did not have to bear such rubbish from our own media.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

3 days before abject surrender in 1971 Pakistan reporting fantastic victories
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

14 dec 1971