Bharat Rakshak Forum Announcement

Hello Everyone,

A warm welcome back to the Bharat Rakshak Forum.

Important Notice: Due to a corruption in the BR forum database we regret to announce that data records relating to some of our registered users have been lost. We estimate approx. 500 user details are deleted.

To ease the process of recreating the user IDs we request members that have previously posted on the BR forums to recognise and identify their posts, once the posts are identified please contact the BRF moderator team by emailing BRF Mod Team with your post details.

The mod team will be able to update your username, email etc. so that the user history can be maintained.

Unfortunately for members that have never posted or have had all their posts deleted i.e. users that have 0 posts, we will be unable to recreate your account hence we request that you re-register again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Seetal

BR Forum Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
snahata
BRFite

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Postby snahata » 15 Aug 2016 01:25

thanks to all who made it possible for the forum to be up and running. One question, what happened even though I have some theories.

Kakarat
BRFite

Postby Kakarat » 15 Aug 2016 01:36

Thank you all those who brought the forum back online. Not having BRF online was like missing a part of myself, will be able to sleep well to night

webmaster
BiG Boss - BR Site

Postby webmaster » 15 Aug 2016 02:20

@ snahata

The old server had a single hard drive with no redundancy i.e. without a RAID system, the drive suffered a physical failure which on its own would have been fine as we do take regular backups of the system. Unfortunately all the recent backups turned out to be corrupted hence we had to send off the failed drive to a data recovery company to recover the data (which is what took us such a long time). Due to the nature of the drive failure we were only able recover around 80% of the data (hence we were unable to recover the full user table).

Lesson learnt hence this new server is now using RAID and more importantly we will doing regular backup restore testing to ensure the integrity of the backup data. Once again thanks for bearing with us!

Regards,
Seetal

snahata
BRFite

Postby snahata » 15 Aug 2016 04:38

Thanks Seetal. what was the likely reason for the corruption of the back up data?

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Postby SwamyG » 15 Aug 2016 05:54

Thanks to all the people who worked so hard to bring the forums back.

The search by 'author' is working. Unfortunately the keyword search does not seem to be working.

ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby ArmenT » 15 Aug 2016 06:04

Thanks for putting in the work to bring the forum back. One small request: there was a small group of people who were setup as the BRF Mainsite Crew. I was a member of that group and don't seem to be a member anymore. Would it be possible to set that group up again please.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Postby Rahul M » 15 Aug 2016 09:35

Armen, I will look into it, time permitting. Do you remember the members ?
TIA.

archan
Forum Moderator

Postby archan » 15 Aug 2016 09:58

Any users whose IDs are lost and can identify their posts showing up as dummy IDs, please report so we may try to give you your ID back.

archan
Forum Moderator

Postby archan » 15 Aug 2016 10:01

There are two feedback threads, I am locking this one.

Return to “Trash Can Archive”