BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forums Feedback

Post by RayC »

Narayanan,

Conversations during a jogging session therefore does not come under privileged conversation.

Jog away! :rotfl:

Now open your mouth and say 'Aahhhhhhh' :mrgreen:

OK. You have 29 teeth.

The secret shall be with me till the day I die and a good friend here wished and prophesied that I have not many years left! So, don't worry, the bell tolls for me as he has predicted.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Thanks for responses. Once I had my post deleted because of some inappropriate reference. The second time, I don't know what happened to it but it felt like the first few moments after a car gets stolen. "It was here...I am sure of it" kind of feeling. Then I think it happened again, but now I am not sure. Admins may know better. Recently, I am looking at references to past I cannot find. So, that made me ask, just how is this whole editing/deleting supposed to work anyway?
Obviously, there is more than one facet to it. I can easily see certain instances where they can be and probably should be deleted. But I don't understand what they are. If I did, I wouldn't step on those shells. Would it be better to ask someone to delete a reference or post themselves first, though I realize this would be a pain to police all the time?

S
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

N3-ji

:rotfl:

namo namaha!
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

{offensive post and postor deleted. This postor has gone way too far for way too long without elementary lessons in behavior}
Last edited by enqyoob on 10 Oct 2009 01:36, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: gratuitous personal attacks, unfounded accusations, general disgusting conduct
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Ajatshatru wrote:This forum is becoming a personal fiefdom of some Mods. and their dictatorial tendencies are seen to be believed openly indulging in slander/libel of various members.
Ajatshatru = One without enemies (enmity)

Birather, remember when Ramana-ji asked you to become "sardhaka namadheya" (one with suitable name)? The moderators are not our enemies. I agree they cause lot of takleef. But they are like our elder brothers. When my elder brother scolds me when I did something wrong, it is for my betterment. When he scolds me for no mistake of mine, then he will face the karma. Note the difference between Rama/Bharata Vs Vali/Sugriva or Ravana/Vibhishana.

So leave it to almighty and enjoy your bostings!

One caring birather to another.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

The historical Ajatashatru imprisoned his father but did not directly kill him. He imprisoned his father and some say starved him gradually to death. The historical Ajatashatru saw the potential in converting the strategic position of the Patali grama at the confluence of two rivers. He did not go to conquer the Licchavis at one go. He first gradually built up the fortifications of Pataliputra. A pointer to become the slow and steady expansionist king rather than the "Kunyia" who got killed by his own son? :)
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

That was historical Ajatashatru. This is hysterical Ajatshatru...... need pointier pointers :P

Seriously, this is just a forum, and as RamaY rightly said, we are all birathers and sistahs fighting for the same team.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Dear Admins/Moderators:
Too much bad blood is flowing these days. I am sure you are all under stress and doing your best to control all ill-effects. Good luck to you all.

Dear Mr.Narayanan:
I agree with AjatShatru. Your thoughts are so valuable to this forum and probably you do not realize the number of eyes and minds you open. Let me tell you one. I was a leaning towards a one particular party during the elections. They lost, and I was sad. But your words and Shiv saar's words were truly inspirational - it was about how one should not be sad for a party but work for the actual cause. You two might not have said it in those words and phrased it; but that was the impact. Now I have a sense of deattachment towards the party but still feel strongly for the cause. You showed that cause is more important than a particular party. You two did not say in those words; but your words had such an impact.

And sometimes your words, especially the ones with the mocking tone have a negative impact. As a member one could ignore your mocks and sarcasm. But the same coming from a moderator is different and tough to digest. You might think it is unfair to put such an onus on you. But that is how life is. We look up to you. And sometimes you disappoint us.

There is so much for you to teach us; and for us to learn from you. I know you have been targeted by others, and I hope at such times other moderators step up to release the valve to ease the pressure. I hope you will reduce the mocking tone and sarcasm that you often bestow on people who do not see eye to eye with you.

regards,
Swamy G
sohamn
BRFite

Post by sohamn »

Posted from missile tech thread
Rahul, you being the moderator, I have a suggestion. I think we need to be more transparent in BR. Since this forum is not a social networking or chat site, we should know who the members really are. People should not be arguing behind their veils anymore. Only then we will understand if someone has any vested interest or whether it is only their opinion.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

The posts in question have been saved and placed where other mods can see them. I had/have the option of deleting Mr. "Ajatashatru" for what he accused me with a completely out-of-the-blue, gratuitous attack when I was being perfectly peaceful here (my posts are above - what there deserves the accusations that this obnoxious fellow made, and what makes him entitled to make such attacks without expecting retribution and discipline?)

Others still have the option. They need to decide if they had enough of the forum sliding into chaos with these sorts of random attackers who seem to have entirely missed what most people learned in kindergarten.

SwamyG, please cut out the pompous garbage. That is a request as a co-postor. You already had a needless run-in with a moderator who probably has forgotten more than all you have learned, before you were in your diapers. Why do some people, including you, feel it necessary to go attack moderators? Do you think I or other moderators come here to post, trying to find someone to ban or warn? Why? Have you thought through any of these things before letting your fingers do what passes for your thinking?

What "mocking tone" do I use that you do not earn by your own behavior? Does your behavior deserve any respect? Do you have any respect for anyone? Have you ever been in any place where one has to stand on the strength of one's own thinking? How would you know what a "mocking tone" really is? I am getting really tired of this bratty whining.

A few questions for you:

Do you think it would be acceptable for, say, some oiseule to come by your house and ask your grandfather loudly when he is "kicking the bucket"? If not, why is it acceptable for postors at BRF to do that to moderators? The one who is now whining above, did exactly that, and I warned him for that. It was such a bloody disgusting thing to do - like crapping on the floor - and it was not done to me, by the way.

Do you think it is acceptable for some jackass in the street to come up to you and accuse you loudly and in public of having sold your parents' jewels to the highest bidder?

If not, why do you think that is acceptable behavior from a postor at BRF directed at a moderator? That is essentially what this fellow did to me, with absolutely no provocation. If you see my posts above, I bore him absolutely nothing but goodwill and humor, and the guy kicks me with that, among several other bloody libel statements. Do you think that is acceptable behavior from someone over 11 years old? Why? It would surely have got the fellow banned if it were aimed at any other postor but me, because I would have stepped in to pre-empt the response from the other postor.

Would the target of such a vicious mugging attack not be justified in kicking the attacker in the balls if he were inclined to violence? Or even self-defense? All I did was warn him for that too. What do you think I should have done? "Turn the other cheek"? Be "Gandhian"? Take it lying down?

Do you think it is acceptable for someone to call your sister an agent of a foreign government in public, just for kicks? If not, why is it acceptable for a postor at BRF to do something like that, in the confidence that "moderators won't moderate threads where they post"? (By that criterion, RayC, Rahul, Archan, and I should not moderate this thread, which would make it the "safest" thread for e-muggers. Fat chance. )

Read your own post above. Do you think it would be right for me declare that you have just threatened me? The fellow in question (not AS, the other one) claimed that my post above was "threatening postors with arrest". He made declarations about my private life (not that he knows a damn thing about me, but apparently the guy is in the habit of posting whatever flashes between his ears)

Or do you think the moderator would be justified in punching the daylights out of that sh1thead? I don't, because I am not violent, just as I have no intention of kicking the other one anywhere. Anyway, given his loud :(( :(( , I seriously doubt if he has any ****. In this case I remembered that the same postor had been warned just a few days back for doing a similar thing to another postor, which nearly led to threats of lawsuits against BRF by the angered victim who was as innocent as I am, and this oiseule had been warned very clearly never to do that again. So he was banned. You have a problem with that?

How many more times do you think the same postor should have been allowed to launch such vicious attacks against postors? And cause lawsuits against BRF? Why? Is he stupid that he couldn't understand the warning from archan the first time? Or wasn't he just arrogant in his hateful behavior?

And you want to whine about that? Call it all the nonsense you have called it? And you don't expect to be mocked for that?

When some idiot does those things to you with absolutely no provocation, what do you think should be done to the guy who stands around clueless and makes pompous declarations like, say, what you have been making? You think you deserve the restraint and tolerance I am showing to you?

And by the way, don't address me as "Mr." Narayanan. My user name is narayanan. In fact, preferably, don't address me at all, if you can't give me credit for having used proper judgement and restraint before doing what I have promised to do to keep the forum clean and civil. I find your cloyingly false "kind advice" sickening. Of course you are not alone in the propensity to dish out gratuitous cloying advice to everyone. You at least contribute something positive to the forum from time to time.

My advice to you is to delete your post, even if you do not have the decency to apologize.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

sohamn wrote:Posted from missile tech thread
Rahul, you being the moderator, I have a suggestion. I think we need to be more transparent in BR. Since this forum is not a social networking or chat site, we should know who the members really are. People should not be arguing behind their veils anymore. Only then we will understand if someone has any vested interest or whether it is only their opinion.
In my opinion this not being a social networking forum is precisely the reason why we dont need personal details of people. We do not need to know if a person actually is in the Army or in DRDO or any such sensitive area. The topics under discussion are sensitive in nature and are done based on open source information. It is highly possible that if someone posts as an army officer, his/her comments would be taken by many as 'policy' or even insider information. This would prove counterproductive to the forum and the individual concerned. Its best we leave the socializing to those sites and keep this to what its known for: a place for people to discuss matters pertaining to India's military and security and learn something from our peers.
My two paise.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

And to add to that (since I am the Bad Guy I might as well earn my reputation):

Postors who post personal info about other postors, whether that info is right, wrong, honest, false, slanderous, libellious etc. etc., will find themselves summarily banned, for the same reason that crazies running around with guns in airports are summarily arrested.

Personal privacy on the internet is not a joke, especially not on a MIL or STRAT forum (but also everywhere else).

If you cannot argue your pov cleanly and without resorting to all such dirty tactics, stay off BRF.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Two quotes come to mind:

“Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”
Robert Quillen

“If you want to be the most popular person in your class, whenever the professor pauses in his lecture, just let out a big snort and say, 'How do you figger that!' real loud. Then lean back and sort of smirk.”
Jack Handy
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Can we now return to pleasanter times?
rkrao
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rkrao »

N^3:(By that criterion, RayC, Rahul, Archan, and I should not moderate this thread, which would make it the "safest" thread for e-muggers. Fat chance. )

Can this thread be moderated by other moderators of BRF like sridhar,Ramana, Gerard, JEmemom etc, so that there is no conflict of interest. No problem with Rahul, archan or even RayC sir, I feel.
Hope this will reduce the no of bans and warning, sarcastic replies, etc and gives narayanan a break too.
Apart from this,,
Arun_s contribution was huge to this forum and I miss him, and sarcastic comments such as "I learnt about Tac-Tickle new clear Bum from Arun_s..." hurts me.
May be we should have just went with voting on that topic and closed it.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Who is "Mr Seetal Ramesh Patel" ?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

AdityaM wrote:Who is "Mr Seetal Ramesh Patel" ?
Err, was there some hidden humour here that I missed?
If not, then he is the administrator of the website you are browsing.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Ajatshatru wrote:open harassment unleased by some Mods on this forum.
..vicious personal attacks by some Mods. (Narayanan & Co.)
umm... before you go, I am curious to know. I can see your problem with n3, but who else is included in "some Mods" and who is the "&Co." part? could you please elaborate and name names. I prefer to have an open discussion please.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Parijat Gaur wrote:
AdityaM wrote:Who is "Mr Seetal Ramesh Patel" ?
Err, was there some hidden humour here that I missed?
If not, then he is the administrator of the website you are browsing.
Not Humor. Just plain ignorance.
just referred to http://www.boloji.com/opinion/0186.htm
But i swear i had not heard of him before..not even after so many years!

Added later:
Well thats because i never clicked on the "About Us" link before!

BTW, the "FORUM MODERATORS" list is incomplete on About Us
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

narayanan:

What is so indecent in my earlier post that you ask for it to be deleted? I have placed my feedback humbly, and you call it pompous garbage. Did I attack any person in or outside that forum? I just disagreed with the nature of your tone, is that a cause for apologizing?

I had a run-in with a moderator in the last year only because the moderator totally misunderstood my intentions when I raised a simple straight forward question. He even suspected my integrity and thought I would go and modify posts to mean something else. What can I say! So I decided to stay away from that moderator's path as he had made his mind about me. There was nothing I could do.

This is a feedback thread, and I placed the feedback, where have I attacked any moderator? Yes, my very first line indicates, in the earlier post, indicates that I do understand the hard work. I have been a moderator elsewhere and I understand how hard it is to please everyone and keep the ship running.

In the earlier post, I have acknowledged that you were targeted and I also said other moderators jump in to ease the situation. So to answer all those questions of yours, the answer is 'No, it is not okay to be uncivil to the moderators,neither it is okay to threaten them'. But do you agree that since you give us the privilege we can raise questions or place feedback on our observations?

I did see Raj's accusation, and I also saw that you had given him the opportunity to prove his assertion. I was waiting for him to prove what he did. Just like every member, the moderators, webmasters and owners have their right to privacy; and you as a moderator have the right to take necessary actions that the situation demands - including banning the members.

My feedback in no way expects you or other moderators to take it lying down, or to curtail or sheath the moderator rights.

I used "Mr" to keep it little formal. I would not address you that if you don't want me to. And also thanks for recognizing my positive contribution, though it is only sometimes. But there is nothing coy about my earlier post, it was straight.

One set of questions that I did not address is your question regarding what is so mocking about your tone. It just makes me smile. It is like you asking what is so witty, humorous or intelligent about your posts.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

sohamn wrote:Posted from missile tech thread
transparent as in knowing who the person is ?
ain't gonna happen. people have legitimate concerns about security and exposing their IDs on the net and we respect that. if someone wants to disclose his/her identity he/she is welcome to do that but there will be non compulsion on them to do so.

one good thing about arguing behind the veil as you call it is that people's post stand on their content alone, not on the fame of the postors. :wink:
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

rkrao wrote:N^3:(By that criterion, RayC, Rahul, Archan, and I should not moderate this thread, which would make it the "safest" thread for e-muggers. Fat chance. )

Can this thread be moderated by other moderators of BRF like sridhar,Ramana, Gerard, JEmemom etc, so that there is no conflict of interest. No problem with Rahul, archan or even RayC sir, I feel.
Hope this will reduce the no of bans and warning, sarcastic replies, etc and gives narayanan a break too.
Apart from this,,
Arun_s contribution was huge to this forum and I miss him, and sarcastic comments such as "I learnt about Tac-Tickle new clear Bum from Arun_s..." hurts me.
May be we should have just went with voting on that topic and closed it.

My friend what make you feel that some Mods are tainted and other are washed in the Holy Ganges?

Just because some are active and others are dormant?

You want a free run to you fantasy and cribs? And anyone who tells you what you should do, is tainted?

N3 may appear humorous (and to you sarcastic), but he is quite a competent person to show people their seat in the cinema as I. Call us ushers if you wish, but then we do not allow people to change their seats to suit their convenience and perversity and wreck up the cinema show!

You state because of this thread, there has been bans.

Has there been one?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

I know this is not the whine thread but maybe some bellyaching would be stopped if the forum allowed members to put *anyone* on the ignore list.

IMO, the forum has been changed forever (in a negative way) and will never be the same.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

merlin wrote:I know this is not the whine thread but maybe some bellyaching would be stopped if the forum allowed members to put *anyone* on the ignore list.

IMO, the forum has been changed forever (in a negative way) and will never be the same.
Too bad, what?

The world has changed.

Mostly negative!

See the recession!

Yet, we survive and we will Overcome inspite of all!
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

merlin wrote:I know this is not the whine thread but maybe some bellyaching would be stopped if the forum allowed members to put *anyone* on the ignore list.
Isn't this facility available already? I never tried it so pardon my ignorance about it. In your user CP aren't you able to add "friend" and "foe"?
Either way merlin sahab, jinko mar mitna hai woh mar mitenge, aap kitni bhi facility de do. I don't know why is it so hard to maintain a basic level of decency on an internet forum for people who are otherwise great patriotic, highly accomplished citizens.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

How to I set the time above the posts to reflect my timezone ? (yes, I changed "My timezone:" under "Board Preferences" under "User control panel", but it still shows UTC).

Edit: Its not even UTC. It is some arbitrary time which is 12 minutes behind UTC.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

archan wrote:
Isn't this facility available already? I never tried it so pardon my ignorance about it. In your user CP aren't you able to add "friend" and "foe"?
Either way merlin sahab, jinko mar mitna hai woh mar mitenge, aap kitni bhi facility de do. I don't know why is it so hard to maintain a basic level of decency on an internet forum for people who are otherwise great patriotic, highly accomplished citizens.
Well admins ko nahin dal sakte hain na, ignore list mein :P :P :P
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

merlin wrote: Well admins ko nahin dal sakte hain na, ignore list mein :P :P :P
Merlin admins also are unable to put members on the ignore list. That is a power I acquired some time after I stopped being an admin and became total abdul.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

shiv wrote: Merlin admins also are unable to put members on the ignore list. That is a power I acquired some time after I stopped being an admin and became total abdul.
Do you mean to say I am not a complete abdul, hain? veiled attacks on mardhood! :evil: :twisted:
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

shiv wrote:
merlin wrote: Well admins ko nahin dal sakte hain na, ignore list mein :P :P :P
Merlin admins also are unable to put members on the ignore list. That is a power I acquired some time after I stopped being an admin and became total abdul.
No gain without pain (for the first part)

No pain without gain (for the second)

:mrgreen:
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Still waters run deep! :mrgreen:
shanksinha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shanksinha »

Could Mods/webmasters Plz change my login name to 'shanksinha', if that is unacceptable kindly change it to 'shashank s'.

-Thanks for your time.

Done,
Rahul.
shanksinha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shanksinha »

Wow was that fast or was that fast! :shock: Thanks again.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Anujan wrote:How to I set the time above the posts to reflect my timezone ? (yes, I changed "My timezone:" under "Board Preferences" under "User control panel", but it still shows UTC).

Edit: Its not even UTC. It is some arbitrary time which is 12 minutes behind UTC.
I have a similar problem. Any updates on how to fix this issue from the Webmasters and/or Mods is very welcome.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

BijuShet wrote:
Anujan wrote:How to I set the time above the posts to reflect my timezone ? (yes, I changed "My timezone:" under "Board Preferences" under "User control panel", but it still shows UTC).

I have a similar problem. Any updates on how to fix this issue from the Webmasters and/or Mods is very welcome.
I have the same problem, what to do onlee. :mrgreen:
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

But why would one want to do that ? as it is I don't see HH:MM times tamp being captured only day and year of the post is what we see.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Is it possible to have thread-specific bans, mods?

Sad to see good members like Sanjay M, whose contrib on the T&EC forum is quite good, depart due to statements made in frustn on the hot air forum.....
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Hari Seldon wrote:Is it possible to have thread-specific bans, mods?

Sad to see good members like Sanjay M, whose contrib on the T&EC forum is quite good, depart due to statements made in frustn on the hot air forum.....
I don't think the forum software has that facility. Even if it did, really how hard is it to keep a certain level of decency in one's language regardless of how frustrated one is. We also get frustrated, and it does not feel good to have to ban someone who is otherwise a good member. But you gotta keep the rules same for everyone, at least as much as you can.
M Kumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by M Kumar »

I don't know if it is appropriate to post here. Cam mods please change my nick to MKumar.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Regarding the time zone, there is an option in drop down list to set it to indian time zone/srilankan time zone (UTC +5:30)