BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Re: National Agenda for India, 2010-2050

Postby Pranav » 12 Nov 2009 18:35

{OT Party Internal Politics}
Last edited by enqyoob on 25 Dec 2009 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OT deletde

vera_k
BRF Oldie

Postby vera_k » 12 Nov 2009 21:34

I doubt Indian conservatives can succeed. They have had the state for 50 years or more, but the only way they stay in power is by appeasing one of the other two groups.

brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Postby brihaspati » 12 Nov 2009 23:51

{OT- for reason stated by postor below}

I think we should not bring in the Constitution at this stage of analysis. But the Directive Principles can perhaps be explored - as they represent a wish and a dream.
Last edited by enqyoob on 25 Dec 2009 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OT deleted

brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Postby brihaspati » 13 Nov 2009 00:10

Rudradev ji and Shiv ji,

You can probably expand on the lists you have given, with particular exploration of how achievement of any one of thsoe goals could be affected by others in the list? I am particularly keen on that. For in many threads we have been forced to go in circles, because more and more collateral, external factors join in as we proceed.

But there is another angle on which you can perhaps enlighten. Both of you have given aims which are either on behalf of a government setting external targets or "gives" things to the "people". Should we not also sort out what the people need to do/or are expected to do in order for the rashtra to become capable of "giving" those things to the "people"?

I am thinking along the lines of mutual reinforcement of aims and objectives by both the "rashtra" as well as the "people". Each helping the other and contributing to the other to achieve its "own" objectives. People helping rashtra for the rashtra to achieve its objectives. KIn turn the rashtra helping the people to achieve peopl's objectives.

With some degree of artificial separation (in reality they need to be mutually contributing) I am characterizing the external objectives you mention, "expansive" ones in politics/economy/military outside current Indian political boundary as the "rashtryia" ones. All the internal aims you mention as "people's" - education/health (social welfare?)/HR development/energy.

Obviously they need to move together as progress in the internal people's sector is necessary to fuel the external rashtryia expansion, and the external rashtryia expansion is needed to safeguard and enhance the "people's" sector.

brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Postby brihaspati » 13 Nov 2009 00:30

Chiron ji,
Energy is perhaps the single most important and stand alone factor crucial for internal growth and social enhancement. Energy, communication and fast information exchange networks with deep penetration/coverage at all levels of society and regions, baseline social welfare (health, education, shelter), access to productive resources and capital all come together in the "people's sector".

But there are crucial blocks on the path. Energy generation will be crucially affected by land and land use patterns with consequent political mobilizations to block any such initiative. The solution could have been expanding into the "sea" by putting wind farms or solar farms on reclaimed land or on rigs out in the sea. Costs will be immense however.

baseline social welfare has probably uncountable roadblocks. First the resistance to population planning from different "protected" religious and "minority" ideologies whose ideologues and leadership can feel threatened in their hopes of eventually losing out their power base if the population under their thumb cannot go on indefinitely increasing. Even ethnicities, regions or other subidentities may insist on the right to reproduce beyond rashtryia negotiation. Healthcare can come under various obstructions of high costs of medical care, corruption in insurance systems, and various type of monopolies andsupplier side manipulation in the business of "medical treatement".

Having said that, however, none of these obstructions are insurmountable. But it first needs a steamrolling of all the various clamouring subidentities which demand special treatment. This is where development of a common identity that overrules subidentities as far as the internal "people's" sector programme is concerned.

That perhaps will be the most difficult task. For subidentities generate convenient niches for small elite groups to thrive with special rank and consumption status.

brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Postby brihaspati » 13 Nov 2009 00:44

Rahul Mehta wrote
brihaspati, all,
Shouldn't more BRites contest election from non-corrupt parties to get part or whole of the agenda implemented? Or how do you see agenda coming without more and more BRites contesting elections from non-corrupt parties? IMO, it is time BRites join non-corrupt parties or BR forms a party called as "Bharat Rakshak Party" aka Bhaa-Ra-Paa. No joke, I am serious. What do you think?

First, you need to explain why is it that the electorate always returns to power candidates from possibly "corrupt", but established political parties with a known history of at eleast being in power somewhere in the memorable past - and not independent candidates of known incorruptibility, against such "corrupt"-party candidates (unless they are indirectly known to be connected to some other such established/corrupt party).

The electorate expect largesse, and hedge their bets on that person most likely to carry on being able to distribute that largesse.

The party thing you brought up is a bit tricky for me to answer. I was not thinking in terms of hoping much from the current two big players anyway. But to go for a new party? Given my own experience of party-politics, I did not think I would touch it again unless under extreme provocation. Will try to put my thoughts on this later. :)

samuel
BRFite

Postby samuel » 13 Nov 2009 05:44

On top of my list:

1. Route to CAR. Integration of Kashmir. Pak Lockdown.
2. Tibet Buffer and Free Tibet.
3. Education to 18 -- literacy up to 99% IIT, New York; IIM, Brisbane; IISc, Moscow. Institute for Democracy, Beijing
4. End of Dynasty Politics. Robust representation of Women in all walks of life.
5. Largest economy in the world, by far. Rich rural life.
7. Uniform Civil Code
8. El finito EJ/I
9. Cheap and Good Housing for all.
10. Antriksh -- travel to Mars and back. 5cm round-the-world mapping all-indian.
11. Indian hyper transport revolutionizes world travel. Indian planes revolutionize civil and military.
Personal air travel launched from road.
12. 90% Indian stamp on defence-industrial complex.
13. 80% indian stamp on manufacturing and infrastructure
14. Health care for all.
15. Full meals in veg/nonveg votel for Rs. 25
16. India mediates between Canada, USA and Mexico.

(We have or had a thread for such a list btw).

S

yogi
BRFite -Trainee

Postby yogi » 13 Nov 2009 07:19

By 2050, India should:

1) Create a new democratic model of governance for Indian conditions and geographical realities. A strong core that has deep political/social/religious links and influences on neighboring Indic zones (Tibetan/Central Asian zone, Far South East Asian zone, West Asian zone, and South-East-African/IOR Zone). These zones should have an incentive to give support to the core. What is that incentive, is food for thought.

2) Have complete control of IOR and sea lanes, including islands like Diego Garcia and Maldives (if they exist by then).

3) Have a population that accepts people of other races as one of our own (including Caucasian, Mongloids and African). Today NE Indians are disrespected primarily because of the way they look. If India wants to be a global power, it has to accept racial differences, and population must be willing to look beyond skin color and facial features, and has to be more sensitive.

4) Rediscover an education and research system that works for it. Move away from cramming and allow free thinking. It has to become the startup nation.

5) Become a gender neutral society. Keeping majority of women away from jobs is such a massive wastage of human resource potential.

6) Connect 100% of its citizens (Telephone/Internet will be elephants of the past in 2050, but the sheer importance and advantage of the power of a connected community is huge).

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 13 Nov 2009 08:24

brihaspati wrote: Both of you have given aims which are either on behalf of a government setting external targets or "gives" things to the "people". Should we not also sort out what the people need to do/or are expected to do in order for the rashtra to become capable of "giving" those things to the "people"?

Brihaspatiji "the people" is a very broad brush for Indians and I will try and say what i think "Indians" were till perhaps a century ago (early 20th century). As recently as the 1970s - India had a rural population percentage of 80% - and that "rural percentage" was probably 90% in the early 20th century.

An Indian rural lifestyle meant primarily
1) Living off the land - agriculture, fishing, forest
2) Dependence on weather for food production and water supply
3) Industrial development to the level of the iron age.
4) High birth rates but high death rates to match that.
5) No electricity, dirt tracks or roads
6) Cooking and heating (for North India) by firewood
7) Open air toilets
8) No question of school or college education

Again as recently as the 1970s 80% of tonnage of goods transportation was by bullock cart.

Today, India has a 60% rural population - i.e 600 million. A least 50% of that (300 million) live somewhat like the rural population of the early 20th century, with some differences. I have highlighted the differences in bold text

1) Living off the land - agriculture, fishing, forest
2) Dependence on weather for food production and water supply
3) Industrial development to the level of the iron age.
4) High birth rates but lower death rates from vaccination/public health
5) No electricity, dirt tracks or roads
6) Cooking and heating (for North India) by firewood
7) Open air toilets
8) No question of college education

India has a "population burden" of desperately poor and underdeveloped people that is larger than the population of every country in the world except China.

The primary responsibility to Indians is not to ask these people to "give", but to give them means of getting water, energy and healthcare and to reduce their dependence on the vagaries of nature and exploitation from more powerful people. In my view, unless every Indian "knows his India", and keeps these facts in mind we really cannot focus of goals that need to be achieved.

The other thing to remember is that the 300 million of India who are in the middle, i.e above the bottom 300 million but below the top 300 million are often the exploiters of the bottom 300 milllion. How to change the habits and lives of 600 million people?

brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Postby brihaspati » 13 Nov 2009 08:51

Shiv ji,
in my own small scope of experience of the rural : primary problem is lack of facilities of "capability" development. This includes education that is sufficient to utilize current trends in the economy - what you perhaps describe as "college education". But more than that I have felt an absolute lack of access to "capital" - something that these "people" could actually use right now even without waiting to get "educated" in the formal sense. Then again there are persistent and quite powerful established coteries of elite-semi-elite-middle-elite interests that prevents access to capital.

The middle elite could at least start by becoming more self-sufficient in terms of employing "help" or "labour". in many parts of India, the middle or upper elite have this strange anathema and social distaste for "physical labour" or doing everyday chores and manual stuff on their own. This probably gives employment to a lot of various types of domestic paid labour - but it blocks these segments into a bare survival mode that prevents them from becoming a pressure point for the system - seeking their own capacity building.

Population management (not using the boobytrap of "population control") is a difficult prospect given the strong sentiment of mobilization used by various subidentity leaders - but it is a serious issue that has very complex dynamic. One thoery tries to claim that pure economic development and womens' education reduces growth and increases HR efficiency in economic terms. It does appear to be challenged at least in some communities. In fact in the early stages of development, as shown in all economic histories - population growth actually accelerates.

So we will be in the trap of a self-contradictory dynamic for quite a while. Development will sustain accelerated population growth which will eat into developmental gains leading to inefficient HR leading into less development leading to greater demands for one-way investments for development leading to accelerated population growth.....

brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Postby brihaspati » 13 Nov 2009 18:05

Further to Shivji's legitimate pointer that we cannot ask "people" to "give" rather that the rashtra should give the startup input, I would like to point out that my original line was that what the "people" need to do in order for the rashtra to give them?

This means the concrete questions of resistance to change from the side of communities. This means not resisting womens' education, or jeopardizing such educational process on "social reality" excuses. This means not resisting homogenization, modernization and simplification of civil laws, or the rashtra's right to intervene how social practices are managed by community or religious leaders under the pretext of tradition or faith.

The rashtra should be able to demand cooperationa nd non-resistance from the people towards necessary social changes - by law, economics, incentives and disincentives, and in the ultimate end, if necessary by legitimate and controlled use of coercion.

RayC
BRF Oldie

Postby RayC » 13 Nov 2009 20:52

Ask not what the country can do for you.

Ask what YOU can do for the country!

Too much of pontificating and less of solutions in the posts!

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 14 Nov 2009 03:03

Strategically just Keep it simple.

1. Build economy.
2. Build defense to protect the 1.

Now... everything else goes along with 1. and 2.

Judging from the past, It is the bullet 2. in which India has lagged historically. So... if we are economically growing by 10% each year we must increase our defense budget (and spend it too) by 10% each year.

Remember the more Gud (Jaggery) you collect the more flies (Makkhi) will be attracted. So.. have a swatter ready at the hand at all times.

and we need a mix and match of defense to keep flies at bay.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: National Agenda for India,( search for Rajrishi+ Chankya)

Postby Prem » 14 Nov 2009 03:26

Arrival of India must make pradigm shift in all spheres of human life at global scale. Indian leaders must learn to dream on Brahmandic scale , exercising the power of imagination.Beside Social -Political-Economic aims, India must build standing army of 3-5 Million sons of soil. There is no denying the fact that war will be imposed on Bharat in near future and mortal battle has to be won for survival. High Technology has its own role but still no substitute for heavy boots on the ground.
In Mid term, economic presperity and social justice , in long term , cultural, philosophical domination in near abroad and far away. Once the targets are recognized and decided upon, charter the unwavering course to achieve success within certain time frame with no sacrifice spared. Combine Amriki,Chini methods, amend and adopt them Indian way and remove the weakness of poor governence.

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Postby SwamyG » 14 Nov 2009 04:07

Brihaspati ji: I am of the opinion that the country has to state the vision clearly. This is a social contract - between the country and its citizens. The country says "I" (as in the country) will provide you the following (rights for example) and in return you will provide the following (duties for example). But life is not that simple, because of the association humans tend to attach emotion to this social contract which manifests in different forms (patriotism for example), making people give up something for the sake of the contract or relationship. Human history shows that even after we have roti, kapad aur makhan; plus security & health; humans continue to have wants and needs.

You wanted to see how this thread goes, but don't you think we have to set an 'agenda' for this thread? Is it a National agenda that is inward looking (domestic) or is it an agenda outward looking (foreign). Some of the domestic issues can be addressed without looking at foreign policies, but some can not be.

harbans
BRF Oldie

Postby harbans » 14 Nov 2009 04:17

My call:

1. Start demanding Aksai China, Kailash, Mansarover as disputed. Brahmaputra originates in that area.

2. Make North Tibet itself disputed, instead of 'South Tibet'. Since China considers AP as part of China and Tibet, AP people have voted against China clearly. Morally India cannot neglect the Tibetan right to self governance and independence.

3. Manage a breakup of Pakistan with finesse. That will take care of the Kashmir problem.

4. Increasingly it will become apparent that Islams core doctrines are not compatible/ friendly with modern pluralistic societies. Engage with right thinking Muslims that are not indoctrinated on transforming/ rejecting literature in the doctrines that propagate hate and jihad against the 'kafir'/ unbelievers.

5. Get the economy speeding upwards 10% growth for a decade or 2 wiping out poverty and movements that originate due to material shortages, like naxalism etc.

6. Get forward on all aspects of defense, space, nuclear and tech sectors. Define internally core tech that India should keep and prevent proliferation thereoff, instead of doing so at UN or US behest.

7. Financial sector reforms more autonomy to states. Some states are more forward in their economic policies. Let them initiate reforms even if the center dilly dallies due to pressures. This will make developed states an example to emulate. Example Gujarat.

JMT/s..off the cuff really. :)

PS: And nice thread Brihaspati ji.

brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Postby brihaspati » 14 Nov 2009 04:21

SwamyG ji,
One of my first questions was - choice between an expansive policy outwards beyond current political boundaries, or a defensive one. Each choice has unique sets of associated features and agenda.

Can we separate the external and internal completely? If the AFPAK situation emerges as I think it will, the difference between an aggressive expansive and defensive static strategy can mean the difference between the internal survival and economic sustenance of a huge proportion of Indian population or their catastrophic destruction/emasculation for the next 50 years.

Thanks - Harbans ji! You can call me pessimistic, but I am genuinely worried.

harbans
BRF Oldie

Postby harbans » 14 Nov 2009 04:34

You can call me pessimistic, but I am genuinely worried.

Frankly i think 2010 to 2050 should be India's finest 'hours'. What worries me is 2100-2150 period. Our finest period will be usurped by ideology inimical to the unbeliever. There are no 2 ways it's not going to happen, unless something is done fundamentally different from the way we approach this how we see this nations' value systems. We are having just too many problems presently to focus correctly on that.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 14 Nov 2009 04:53

Harbans ji, not this time, if BRF is still alive . India must have standing army of many million sons of soils. Not having big army was the mistake and should not be repeated. In fact , we should actually welcome the oppertunity for inimical ideological forces throwing challenge to us. IMHO,The onlee way to lasting peace is to bury or cremate the Fasadi forces real deep,and that too on global level.

RayC
BRF Oldie

Postby RayC » 14 Nov 2009 10:29

In many of the threads, there is pessimism and a feeling that India is all about to collapse.

The fact that the most powerful political movement in Nepal, the Maoists, were eased out and Madhesis (those of Indian origin) became the fulcrum of power and the fact that SL's Rajpakse (who is not quite pro Indian) raised an SOS at the fear of Gen Fonseca's possibility of organising a coup, Bangladesh ‘pushing’ in wanted ULFA terrorists and China unable to prevail on India to stop the Dalai Lama from going to Tawang, India going gung ho in Afghanistan in spite of protests by Pakistan or apprehension indicated by the US should indicate that India still has clout in the region. Thus, externally, India is on an even keel and while she should expand her influence externally what is more important is that internally she should stabilise.

Education is an important area for immediate attention, more so, primary education which is the basic foundation for the population to realise the intrinsic worth of the country and the contribution each citizen can offer at their level of expertise and knowledge.

It is worth wondering whether building infrastructure and jobs that cannot be staffed with people of requisite matching skills is the way to progress. Hence, areas of growth that are essential for the country has to be identified for the short term, middle term and long term and the education and skills channelized to accommodate the job requirement. A free-wheeling education policy will only create unemployment since those graduating would be square pegs in a round hole.

Therefore, education and infrastructure building have to go hand in hand.

Without a robust economy, no agenda can be fulfilled. It is therefore essential to identify the resources available within the country and build the infrastructure and exploit the export orientation that would increase the Foreign exchange reserves so as to be able to import essential commodities and technology to give an impetus to further growth.

On the foreign policy issues, while ensuring India’s primacy in the region, it should not be aggressive, but quiet and unobtrusive like China. Imagine China does not go to war, it only ‘teaches lessons’! The quiet manner how India has made her presence indispensable in SL and Nepal is an indicator of India’s maturity in foreign policy projection. India has to in the short term seek alliances that ensures her integrity without sacrificing its sovereignty.

Externally, the defence should be capable of taking on the adversaries. Knee jerk and reactive defence should be abandoned and a proactive policy put in place without grandiose dreams of glorious India of the past. It should be in the hands of those who have to deliver rather than with those who dream the impossible! India should seriously ensure an indigenous defence industry that is not a financial drain with nothing productive. Indigenous defence industry would also boost the economy in this ever increasing dangerous world.

Internally, the secessionists and the so called champions of the poor like the Maoists have to be neutralised. There has to be a robust policy that not only defeats the separatists but also ensures cognisable job creation and support.

Lastly, unless there is a strict regime for accountability, nothing will succeed!

RayC
BRF Oldie

Postby RayC » 14 Nov 2009 10:37

One wonders why there should be a standing army of many millions 'son of the soil'. As far as I know, there are no foreigners in the army and armed forces that we have.

One has to have an Armed force of adequate numbers and technology that can respond to the Threat Perception!

If the pride in the National Identity can be instilled, there will be no divisive forces at work.

The US is a country that is not of the indigenous people, but a motley crowd of 'outsiders' and yet they are fiercely proud of their country!

koti
BRFite

Re: BR Forums Feedback

Postby koti » 14 Nov 2009 14:33

Hello Admins. I'm thinking of creating a dedicated thread where the Admins can talk to the offender (or troll in some cases).
The discussion between admins and few people regarding in appropriate posts or un parliamentary language and their replies in the middle of discussions in the middle of a thread is looking awkward.
The Admin may request the person to visit the Admin response thread if required.
This isn't directed towards any body but only to keep the threads cleaner. :)

niran
BRF Oldie

Postby niran » 14 Nov 2009 15:32

koti wrote:Hello Admins. I'm thinking of creating a dedicated thread where the Admins can talk to the offender (or troll in some cases).
The discussion between admins and few people regarding in appropriate posts or un parliamentary language and their replies in the middle of discussions in the middle of a thread is looking awkward.
The Admin may request the person to visit the Admin response thread if required.
This isn't directed towards any body but only to keep the threads cleaner. :)

There used to be the Warning thread, it was the first place i would visit upon logging in.

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 14 Nov 2009 22:54

keep the threads cleaner.

There is already a delete key, thanx.

santoshriyer
BRFite -Trainee

Postby santoshriyer » 15 Nov 2009 17:14

@ mods

Can we have a thread for indian capabilities in cyberwarfare?

Best Regards

Santosh

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Postby Rahul M » 15 Nov 2009 22:29

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Postby Sanku » 18 Nov 2009 16:36

Mods can RayC be restrained from repeated personal insults, attributing statements to posters that have not been made and continuing to attribute motives etc?

Surely he should not get away with stuff which no one else will be allowed to get away from.

RayC
BRF Oldie

Postby RayC » 18 Nov 2009 16:54

Sanku wrote:Mods can RayC be restrained from repeated personal insults, attributing statements to posters that have not been made and continuing to attribute motives etc?

Surely he should not get away with stuff which no one else will be allowed to get away from.

No.

They have to visit the thread on Indic and then take a decision.

Like I can't get away with bunk nor can you and and nor can provoke without facts as if we all have to obey you!

Read the thread and then see the Gospel you have pandered and which you want others to swallow!

Gospels are not the last word!

I have quoted from your posts!

I can't understand your wails and neither will I accept what you state as God's word!

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 19 Nov 2009 03:50

Oops! Look at the time! I just remembered that I have to be elsewhere. 8)

negi
BRF Oldie

Postby negi » 19 Nov 2009 07:01

I have a pooch for mods , does your post count include colorful exchanges you guys have behind the burkha . And do these exchanges adhere to forum guidelines ? . Just curious :twisted:

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 19 Nov 2009 09:05

:mrgreen:

(added later): The curious thing is that now 99% of the :(( :(( is on the "MILITARY" forum. Must be the Martial Quality of the postors.

negi
BRF Oldie

Postby negi » 20 Nov 2009 08:07

^ Hain which dhaga ? I thought things have infact improved thanks to likes of Kartik who have brought sanity to even MRCA thread. :eek: :wink:

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 21 Nov 2009 00:22

It takes only one IED to destroy a bustling market.
- Mullah Lal Mullah - e- Benis
It takes only one :(( :(( to destroy a sane dhaga
- BRF

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Postby SaiK » 21 Nov 2009 03:46

so, two :(( == one IED.

feedback: we may change "BWAHAVAHAVAWAHA" hover tag to "IED".

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 21 Nov 2009 05:15

(deleted. Will only get me in trouble..)

karthik
BRFite

Some Action

Postby karthik » 22 Nov 2009 02:40

I dont want to sound naive but i was just curious if Mods or Admins at BR can invite scientists from HAL or GTRE to join us in these discussions? Could we mail or talk over the phone and invite these scientists to have a few words with us! Because looking at these pages for years and years and not getting anywhere about the truth behind these organizations function, structure and talent pool only frustrates people like me.

May be atleast we can form mailing groups to pester the media to dig deep and put some pressure on such long standing issues like LCA,Kaveri etc.,

I hope you guys consider.

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 22 Nov 2009 04:35

My take on this is related to the nature of (survival at) BRF. There are many fora where membership is based on "credentials" (e.g., ***DefnStupid) and ppl brag about being "F-14 pilots" (means that their mohterma got them a bright orange plastic one made in China for their 20th birthday) or "PhDs" (no comment there). So the superstition is that if, say a "GTRE EXPERT" posts something, or, Houristan forbid, an Aerospace Engineering Professor at a Prominent University or a Prominent International Lawyer and Strategic Analyst fa**s, everyone else is supposed to bow down instead of holding their noses or going :rotfl: .

There are Journals and International Conferences for this sort of pompous garbage. If they are any good, they should publish there and put up their opinions for Peer Review. In fact we have a journal too, and notice that few of these types dare to post an article under their own name out in the open there - at SRR/BRM whatever. Good reason: PEER REVIEW. Of the BRF kind. :eek:

Let me explain further. I learned these things the hard way - mostly by observing my evil 4th cousin hard at work sitting up late nights and weekends straight through, having to knock down the pompous Mullahs on the internet during and in the wake of the Kargil War, when internet opinion was 99% pro-Pakistan, anti-India, anti-everything we stand for. So I learned how my evil 4th cousin's evil mind (or what passes 4 a brain there) works, and I said to myself:
enqyoob, child! Thank Allah that u r not the target of THAT! If ever u try being pompous like those poor dumbasses, there will be others like ur E4C who will do the same or worse 2 u!

This was really my "baptism under fire" to use a RayC-like un-PC. Macaulayite expression. Let me give you an example:

In the early days of the Kargil war, on the infamous CNN forum (may their servers always catch the swine flu, since they have so many Pakis there!) it was 95:5, Pakis to Indians. I remember the 5 or so very well: There was "Rakesh" (no speculation allowed). There was "Diyya" who appeared to be a teenager from UQ. There was, well, my E4C. There was a "Bubba" (no comment). There were maybe about 3 more who came there off and on.

Once there was this twerp who came there. User ID bragged that he was "DR" something, PHD. Advertised that he was an Assistant Professor (all of 3 days beyond being a graduate school flunk, IOW) at the University of Puerto Rico, and he proceeded to give us all lessons on his Knawlidj of Nyooklear Pissicks. This is where I know the results of the Simulation showing the effects of a Limited Nuclear War In "South Asia", with monsoon wind patterns calculated. See what happened to Samuel during the Fyoozle dhaga for a very small and gentle demo of what happened to this guy when the gang got really aggravated and decided to destroy him.

My E4C WARNED him, EARLY, to change his user ID before something bad happened. Predictably, he :P to that. Equally predictably, with consciences cleared, he was subjected to a systematic, well-sequenced, reduction to the cowdung that was his substance. They had him :(( :(( , giving out the name of his wife on the internet (leading to more damage), probably his Social Security Number, Passport number etc., and basically u could almost SEE him crying and throwing a tantrum as they ran him out of there.

On BRF we won't let anything like that happen to Experts 8) , however, the Experts will self-destruct if they think their Title and Position buy anything here. Most of the Experts I have seen posting here cannot handle this. Especially desi Aphsars are used to having a trio of chaprassis and a dozen sycophantic underlings simpering and agreeing with everything they say, and they will find that here none of that flies. One may find oneself attacked by a middle-schooler who "knows" everything. Some can handle that, and ARE here (yes, I can make out with some certainty after suffering a couple of good e-bruises). No one "invited" them.

If you are REALLY good at what you do in the things where we are interested, you will find BRF, and you will stay. You did, didn't you?

Everyone is welcome here. To the same extent. Under the same rules. :mrgreen: Your Title and Name don't count. Only your logic and facts do. And long may it be that way.

Cheers

samuel
BRFite

Postby samuel » 22 Nov 2009 06:10

What happened of course was there was this narayanan guy who disappeared eventually (may be reincarnated to a different name now) after making some pompous threats while confusing force with damage. That ended with him saying he learned something! Equally ridiculous statements about linearizing and chucking bombs to identify soil. Facts are one thing, propaganda something else...but a habit at dropping names, that too on a feedback thread, that clues one in on the kind of game that is played. You gotta be afraid of these sort of people on your side for sure, I think, but facts and logic surely we hope will count too as moderator enqyoob says.

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby jamwal » 22 Nov 2009 08:20

:rotfl: ya allah :rotfl:

Viv Sreenivasan
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Viv Sreenivasan » 22 Nov 2009 08:27

Ah cmon Rahul, slightly OT post but does that deserve an official warming from Admin? If that were the case half the posts on BR would have to be redlighted for being OT :rotfl: :rotfl: .

Take it easy admins dont use your power too much it only dilutes it, warnings should only be issued when a clear breach of etiquette has been observed not for any slightly OT post. BTW i was talking about India-China relations and how we need to build it.

Return to “Trash Can Archive”