BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: BR Forums Feedback

Post by Rahul M »

Idev wrote: These exchanges have now come about because I sense BRF going further in a direction which makes me uncomfortable. And hence I have devoted an uncommon amount of time to make my viewpoint known in the last 24 hours.
I have not and do not deny that there have been intolerant posts made on BR. to that end your sense is correct. I do not know how different it is from the earlier age of BR since I was not a mod then and one can't truly understand what is happening unless the whole picture is visible to them.
stupid posts by themselves are not a problem, provided they are cleaned up. and this is where the direction thing you are talking of comes into play. they are cleaned up, all the time, without fail, whenever they are detected.(*) so unless the earlier BR allowed people to post bigoted posts there is no change in direction in this dimension.
with all due respect, calling BR a hindutva forum is a gross disservice to the people who try very hard to keep this place sane.
(*) this is a typical example, read on. what do you think happened to the errant postor's account ?

p.s. I still do not know if it is "I"dev or "L"dev. would appreciate a closure on this issue !
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

ldev wrote:...However to mobilize the support needed to change such laws must be done via the democratic electoral process and not other means.
We are trying to do that here by posting our ideas and opinions. We find this place is a platform to air our thoughts openly and look for others to point the weaknesses in our logic. We are trying to shape policy that we feel will bring about a better Indian society. I admit we can be wrong too and it is this tark-vitark that makes BRF the forum of choice. I oppose you labeling voices that are contrary to yours as being divisive and not good for the country.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

RahulM,

It is LDev.

Bijusheth, others,

will reply later, tks.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

ldev wrote:RahulM,

It is LDev.

Bijusheth, others,

will reply later, tks.
Small nitpick LDevji, it is BijuShet and not BijuSheth. I eagerly look forward to your reply. We may disagree but if you walk away the forum due to these differences then I will consider it as a loss of an important asset so please stay on regardless of the circumstances.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Rahul: You know what is really strange. That the very word, hindutva has become a gali. Personally, it is deeply affronting, but even that term and how it should be viewed as, has been adjudicated by the supreme court. Is anyone paying attention?
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

If you were taught to respect all religions why show distaste without cause here? Maybe not you, but others? I am sure you uphold the Constitution that we are all equal, but the minority bashing and Hindu evangelism (in a sneaky way like Brihaspati and his ilk). Say it upfront. For Christ's sake, no religion is squeaky clean.
Hindu evangelism !!! Wow thats a fancy word.
I couldn't find a paragraph in the history where Hindus tried to convert another religion to increase their number. I don't find any Hindu organization trying to convert other religion in some remote land.

Just for the curiosity, I attended a huge gathering of Christians in San Francisco back in 2000. At the end of the event, some one had video where they were showing conversion data from all around the word.
When it came to India they showed the picture of garbage picker in the background and gave estimated number of new converts. Every one was clapping. They were little disappointed with the North Indian as they couldn't convert them easily. The whole event was a big surprise for me.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Enough feedback. Thank you.

Thread opens in another two days.