BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forums Feedback

Post by enqyoob »

This is like watching a Hindi movie, the cloying faux "respectful" dialogue and of course, the ever-present Villains, the Gang of Moderators, who keep beating up on the poor, gentle but so FORTHRIGHT discipline-challenged brats.
Surya:
once again I keep suggesting. Ideally moderators should not get involved in discussions - if they love it that much they should relinquish their mod title and be normal posters and discuss all they want. If they cannot get themselves to do that then at the very minimum they SHOULD not police threads or discussions where they are involved.
Ashok Saraff:
Please acknowledge the power structure in this forum (even if you may not agree with it) and continue to spread the light to the extent possible.
Yeah, we lobbied for ages to get this POWER since we were so thirsty for it. And we have to protect that POWER STRUCTURE.
SwamyG:
Keep fighting for what you think is right and go down. If the moderators gang up, that is the eventual outcome.
Oh, yes, we have a daily meeting with a dartboard set up, to decide who to "gang up" on. See above re: Feeling of Power.
Sam Kamath:
how many people you knew once upon a time still remain ..or still post... please ask yourself why
Presumably the postor asks himself/herself the same??
Answer to all the above is easy. The internet has too many postors who missed important lessons in kindergarten. Some feel that the whole Duniya is set up for them onlee. Some claim that Moderators should not moderate threads where they have anything to contribute. In other words, if you are a policeman buying food in a shop, and you happen to see the store being robbed, you should just ignore it because, hey, you are yourself a shopper there and may feel that the prices are a bit steep too. If you happen to have followed a discussion thoughtfully and see that one postor is being disruptive, then hey, you should do nothing about it because you have thought about it. We need the O.J. Simpson Jury ideally as Moderators.

Oh, yeah, we come to BRF to be chaprassis and get chai and wipe the bottoms of these postors for them, sure!

Bottom line for the discipline-challenged:

Some learn by themselves. Some get trained by cause-effect correlation. Some don't. Those that don't, leave, voluntarily or otherwise. So if many of those you admired here have left, hey, ask yourself why you haven't. The pity is when the continued disruptive antics of those who WON'T learn, drive away the intelligent postors. And that we do mean to try and head off.

And this is not a desi Diwali party with the brats all running around the legs of the guests, knocking over stuff and being general pests, with their mommas feebly cooing:
munna! don't run please
for the 27th time and being ignored.
Here, if you don't follow guidelines, or are asked to cease and desist, your chair has already been moved right next to the door.

But hey, THANKS for your "feedback", however oily it is. Helps identify the corrections needed on the forum.
sam_kamath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sam_kamath »

{ Learn Elementary Behavior or get out.}
Last edited by enqyoob on 26 Dec 2009 06:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: post deleted for flame attack on moderators. Postor given final warning.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Arjun wrote: Are we saying, both X and Y are disallowed, both are allowed or only one of them is allowed? An answer to this would help clarify matters.
Arjun - while I am no longer in a position to (or even required to) answer your question, I am reminded of a dilemma I have faced for years in my medical practice. It relates to a question that is often asked by patients: "Doctor, what am I allowed to eat?"

The dilemma is set up as follows. If the answer to the question is "You are allowed to eat anything that you like", a proportion of patients will ask "Can I eat oranges? ". Based on my earlier opinion my answer is "Yes you are allowed to eat oranges". But once this response comes from my mouth it is taken as an order that supercedes the earlier opinion that the person can eat anything. So the patient often returns 6 months later and asks "Can I eat apples?" . When I ask why the man has not been eating apples he replies "You said I can eat oranges, but did not mention apples".

The problem with asking admins if X and Y are both allowed or disallowed is that their answer is unlikely to include a response on whether topics A, B, C, D, E, F, G etc are allowed or disallowed and worse whether A1, 2 and 3 are allowed by A4-15are disallowed and A16-27 allowed, A28 disallowed etc

In short, although I am sure you did not intend it to be so, your question is a trap. I am sure a person who wants to be a dedicated troll can use this information creatively to trap admins on any board and cause them great takleef. :mrgreen:
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I wish things could be made crystal clear - black and white, allowed and not allowed. But the way discussions go the transition from On Topic to Off Topic is not always instantaneous, it is a sequence of related points. However after a while just about every user can see things have gotten OT. Then if a mod comes out and requests that no more OT posts be made and users still continue to post in the same way (often with.. "I swear, my last post on this topic.." or "I know this is getting OT but...") is when the mod needs to dole out warnings/bans.
Now responding specifically to your examples: the statement about Hinduism is ignorant and you may feel it is a valid discussion point. However, in my opinion it is not a valid discussion point on BRF. As long as the BRF moderator community agrees with me, I am within my rights to stop any such discussion.
Second, Islam and Christianity and their focus on expansionism. Yes, it is for everyone to see, sprawled all over history. However, BRF does not care to discuss about the origins and spread of those religions, or any other religion for the matter. Any moderator is entitled to put a full stop on any such discussion.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

enqyoob said
Some claim that Moderators should not moderate threads where they have anything to contribute. In other words, if you are a policeman buying food in a shop, and you happen to see the store being robbed, you should just ignore it because, hey, you are yourself a shopper there and may feel that the prices are a bit steep too

Not so fast- it all depends on the analogies - right

The correct analogy would be
Now if the policeman is a robber himself - can you rely on him to be fair?? WOuld you actually expect him to turn himself in??

So my point still stands and
one can trend that problem in this forum itself.

If a mod and forumite get into a discussion of warfare or indicness or whatever and the discussion gets ugly - would it be fair for the mod involved to warn\ban that forumite with whom he has the disagreement (eg of direct involvement)

Or Mod A and forumite B has the same position (lets say they think Michael Jackson is a freak) and forumite C thinks he is a genius.

B and C get into a heated discussion and Mod A steps in and warns\bans C. Has a little cover but still open for a lot of questioning on motive!!
Last edited by Surya on 26 Dec 2009 11:55, edited 2 times in total.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

In words of Ali Sina every Muslim is a potential Jihadi. The day he decides to read Quran & Sunna of the prophet and practice it he is threat to non-muslim soceity. Being Indian doesn't change anything.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

There we go again . :x

I feel uncomfortable in the company of people who view a large section of Indians with so much suspicion and hate that they are ready to endorse the views of a non Indian to suit their pov.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

gandharva wrote:In words of Ali Sina every Muslim is a potential Jihadi. The day he decides to read Quran & Sunna of the prophet and practice it he is threat to non-muslim soceity. Being Indian doesn't change anything.
I feel like banning you outright, right now, forever. Please, this forum is better off without gyanis like you. Goodbye.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Surya wrote:enqyoob said

Not so fast- it all depends on the analogies - right

The correct analogy would be
Now if the policeman is a robber himself - can you rely on him to be fair?? WOuld you actually expect him to turn himself in??

So my point still stands and
one can trend that problem in this forum itself.

This is just the point the Moderators are at pains to impress upon all.

A point is raised and it is picked up and buffeted around ad nauseum with nothing new to add.

I presume you have heard the saying (and obviously you have heard, right?):

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? is a Latin phrase from the Roman poet Juvenal, which is literally translated as, "Who will guard the guards themselves?" The phrase has many idiomatic translations and adaptations, including:

* Who watches the watchmen [or watchers]?"
* Who will guard the guardians?
* Who polices the police?"

It is a conundrum that I am afraid you cannot be the Judge to answer.

Site owners can.

End of discussion.

Move on.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

archan wrote: As long as the BRF moderator community agrees with me, I am within my rights to stop any such discussion.
this in essence is the poo in the problem. Trying to be agreeable to the community, as if this is a Democracy,
AFAIR BRF is a private forum, with it own rules, either you follow them or you are out beating sand. earlier it was like
-yo, you have sinned, desist or else
-announce the ban if the poster still persist.
not like now a days where i see Mods reason and explain their actions.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Thanks Mr RayC

My intention was not to decide since I cannot (simble) but to provide feedback - and I have done appropriately (and its not new since some mods follow that from day 1)

Yes the Site owner shall decide.

I will move on.

Regards
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

archan wrote:
gandharva wrote:In words of Ali Sina every Muslim is a potential Jihadi. The day he decides to read Quran & Sunna of the prophet and practice it he is threat to non-muslim soceity. Being Indian doesn't change anything.
I feel like banning you outright, right now, forever. Please, this forum is better off without gyanis like you. Goodbye.
I share your feeling. if others agree then......
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

**woosh**
Last edited by archan on 26 Dec 2009 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: post disappearance due to moderator assistance..
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

err..full stop please..let us not have an opinion poll here. The user has crossed all limits and has been banned.
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

archan wrote:err..full stop please..
Got it...!
sam_kamath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sam_kamath »

{Long quotes deleted}

My two earlier posts in this same thread have been removed presumably for flaming, the first post had nothing ... Where as enqueeb can get around scott free demeaning other occupations... "are we chaprassis" he asks ....so how is being a chaprassi bad does he not earn a legit living...

Any ways since my last post I had taken offense against language used by enqueeb ...i do not think Mr enqueeb can put on moderators hat against that post...at least have the guts to understand that if something written against you ....it is deemed wrong some other MOD ..... sorry this is taking it down a whole other level...

I hope some other MOD's are watching this ....
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Dec 2009 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Long quotes deleted
sam_kamath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sam_kamath »

archan wrote:

MODS are not Policemen or guards or watchmen... thats a very wrong attitude... if anything MODS are closer to being editors...Editors who write editorials, bring intelligent points to a discussion, try to point out to others the point some one is trying to make even if they disagree with it themselves....

Every one has to learn to agree to disagree...

So is this flaming.... :-)
Last edited by Gerard on 26 Dec 2009 18:45, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: banned
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

To all the postors trying to get upset by, say (just for example) what RayC posts:

I see absolutely no intent to attack any religion/ its adherents. I see someone trying his best to give advice from a reservoir of experience in guiding people, young and old, in dealing with many issues. I also see a bunch of cocky brat types letting their fingers do their thinking, trying to use insolence and pompous posturing to attack him and getting their undies in a knot. RayC is by no means unique in this - there are many other postors whose intent is clear from long experience.

Judging what a postor is doing/trying to do, requires a bit more sophistication and experience than using a List of Forbidden Words and Phrases or any software. It is not an instant "You Uttered A Wrong Word!" Snakes-and-Ladders game, but a matter of using long-term and short-term memory, integration and differentiation etc. etc.

In most cases where I end up having to issue warnings/bans, the postor has removed all doubt by his/her continued actions. When this process was applied to detect Pakistanis here, I used to call it the "4SPDA" - the 4-Step Paki Detection Algorithm. Sad to say, this works just as well in the case of many desis as well.

A second issue is explained nicely by Ajay Pratap:

Code: Select all

archan wrote:
As long as the BRF moderator community agrees with me, I am within my rights to stop any such discussion. 

this in essence is the poo in the problem. Trying to be agreeable to the community, as if this is a Democracy,
AFAIR BRF is a private forum, with it own rules, either you follow them or you are out beating sand. earlier it was like 
-yo, you have sinned, desist or else
-announce the ban if the poster still persist.
not like now a days where i see Mods reason and explain their actions.
Moderators are not clones, thank *llah for that! There is a spectrum of opinion on what I may call "Rules of Engagement" since this is a MIL forum. All of us enjoy reading the posts, and greatly admire the give-and-take of BRF discussions. We (all of us) WELCOME disagreement as in different perspectives. People imagining that if I or RayC (for instance) disagree with a postor we will immediately ban them, are being childish in the extreme. In fact this may be more true of some other excellent and expert Mods past or present (won't name names) it's just that those who disagreed with them are not around any more to complain. :mrgreen:

I'll state a few of my own observations (which may change tomorrow):

Some Mods try to change people's intent by arguing with their positions. More power to them, though I may consider such efforts futile in many cases. Many of us "get" what they are trying to convey. Some, unfortunately, try to pick words and phrases and call for Yellow Cards or Red Cards. Futile. There is no intent to give offence.

Others try to make sure they are being absolutely fair, and applying standards very uniformly, and go by "democractic" rules and much discussion before taking action in many cases. Some times even they have to act very swiftly and they do (see above). More power to them too. I am sure it pains them to have to do that, but they do what is needed, conscientiously.

There are other admins, less "seen", who also discuss with other admins before taking action to stop abuse by some postors.

So do I, much of the time. But I also have a rather long history at BRF (among other sources of experience). As Ajay Pratap says, the BRF of "old" maintained order by ensuring that there was sufficient uncertainty about what any given Moderator would do, to ensure good behavior. I can say this quite clearly:
If you go pick a fight with a Moderator, you are history
This used to be as sure and instant a way of disappearance in the past as ramming an iceberg, but nowadays we all try to be more "democratic", "kinder and gentler" etc. A few years ago, this sort of "Forum Feedback Thread" existed, if at all, purely for technical stuff like "can we have more smileys" or "will a different font display better" not
I want to be able to argue for killing everyone of a certain religion, and Mod B is cruel to not allow me! :(( :(( :((
and most certainly not to attack Moderators.

So, to end a post that is long even by the standards of Postor X of my story above, there is no micro-detailed List of Not Permissible Words and Phrases, and no way that anyone is going to get away with "playing the system" unless their intent is good and decent. To keep a forum clean and decent and still have ebullient discussions, is tough, and we are all trying our best. Our postor community is diverse, smart, etc. etc. and we strive to be as inclusive as possible. And as we get "older" we get a bit less idealistic about how kind and gentle we can be.

Even Seema Mustafa wrote in Indian Express (or was it The Hindu") that certain "community laws" were fundamentally flawed because they depended on the "Goodness of Man" which was non-existent. I agree, that "Goodness of (hu)Man" is not a safe assumption, and that we will continue to have to ban some people in order to maintain a decent environment. Sad, but true.

Cheers
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Thank you.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

He he - this is really re-ally tempting... :lol: It is so easy to make a person with such a viewpoint angry and frustrated by a reminder of how well defined ideologies backed by a book can defeat lesser faiths and dominate them for millennia and leave a shadow of fear after the domination is done.

But no.. I will desist.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

shiv, that would be superfluous at this stage: I fear that the postor in question has already been given the free ticket to pakistan along with his thesis.

BTW, there is/was a postor, who posted the following :((
So is this flaming.... :)
Glad to see that he was so happy!

This follows a standard sequence:
1. Postor posts garbage.
2. Gets called on that
3. Gets mad, immediately starts throwing hate messages.
4. Gets warned.
5. Goes :(( as in making speeches of Offended Virtue and Martyrdom in the Face of Bullying Officialdom.

In the process, conveniently "forgets" (surely no postor at BRF can be a LIAR!) what earned the warning/ban just moments before. Oh, yeah! We are so stupid that we don't save the hilal-earning post! :roll:

In the case of the postor above, what earned the warning was not his wonderful thesis on the grandeur of the Chaprassi profession. I happen to agree strongly with the Honor and Dignity of the Chaprassi's profession. It's the oiseules that they have to wipe to keep the Babudom running, that I don't respect a lot, if you carefully read my statement on the subject.

What earned the warning was the series of gratuitous infantile tantrums that dominated his post, including the sequence starting with
What can you expect from a mod...

Accordingly he was asked to learn Elementary Behavior or get out, since he clearly missed out on a lot of kindergarten lessons. Surely I couldn't let him down in his expectations, hain?

I see that he conveniently "forgot" what he did to earn the warning just hours before (how commendably honest of him!), which may explain why he earned the ban from someone else in honor of his accumulating 3 warnings in a short time.

This is the wonderful thing. Most of the time I feel bad :(( having to issue a warning. Did I overreact? Did I misread the postor? Did I attribute to malice that which was totally explainable as stupidity? :?:

But the postor comes back with such a Pakistani reaction of vicious hatred and idiocy that he removes all doubt and clears my conscience. So kind of him!

If/when said postor returns from his enforced visit to pakistan, yes, I plan 2 b watching, now vastly better educated regarding his standards and mental makeup, and freed of the doubts that hindered me before. In that respect, yes, I am like the Police. 8)
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

To Enqyoob

I protest, detest, reject and condemn the absolute neglect of New Year festivities amidst the civil war e BRF. Please organize the annual "Myooosic Phestival" in the honour of "make benefit glorious sunshine republic of bakiland" to mark the New Year for BRF (looking forwards to your creative contributions :mrgreen: ).
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Why has the AP poll been locked?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ShauryaT wrote:Why has the AP poll been locked?
mods agree that it will lead to fisticuffs and little else. sorry about that.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Rahul M wrote:
ShauryaT wrote:Why has the AP poll been locked?
mods agree that it will lead to fisticuffs and little else. sorry about that.
Rahul: Your prerogative. However, at some stage, the powers that be have to trust that people's disagreements will be debated and voted upon. I think, it is called democracy. Even if BR is not one, this basic ethos has to be respected or it is not a discussion forum. As for fistcuffs, you folks are there so why worry.

I personally did a poll on the topic, simply because neither from main stream media nor from the forum thread, are the issues and fault lines clear. The poll was intended to get some sense of clarity and understanding of where do people on the forum stand, by a simple vote. Presuming most Telangana and non-Telangana folks, will vote as per their respective constituencies, ALL Indian citizens have a say in the matter. After all reorganization of states has to be done in parliament through powers vested under article 3.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

boss, it wasn't my decision alone. yes, we realize that it may be of interest to some but a poll on BR has little bearing on the issue and is not even representative of public opinion. but it would certainly have led to a war of words with little constructive to show for it. the fault-lines may exist on BR but accentuating them serves no real purpose.
a risk-rewards assessment does not end up in favour of that thread.
regards.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

munna: I am conphyoojed about who runs (a loose term, I know) Pakistan these days. Lost touch. Is Mush in TSP or running a bar in Bilayat or giving lectures in Satanistan? Is Dus Berjent on the run with indictments following him? Is Groper Gilani trying to avoid indictment as Dawood's 4th cousin? Anyway, not sure what to celebrate in the New Year. I suppose the usual daily fireworks will be there, why should Jan. 1 be an exception.

As for the civil pleasantries at BRF, we are just having an annual cleaning like in the Swat Valley, nothing special.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

Now a real feedback and sincere Thankyous. I have been browsing BRF for last seven or eight years. In particular, BRF has been my constant companion for the last five years during the long and lonely hours I spent in the library and office working on my PhD. BRF posters have kept me awake while I worked alone with no one to talk to (or even see) for several hours on end for several days in a row. Thank you BRF-ites!

I have always been a “nationalist” at heart, but thanks to very informative discussions and lively debates here on the forum, my “nationalism” is now rooted more firmly in testable and falsifiable knowledge rather than just fuzzy “feelings” and patriotic fervor. For this, I must thank the many erudite posters on the forum. The names that come immediately to my mind are (please excuse the typos): Paul, Johann, SSridhar (sir, you know Pakistan better than the Pakistanis do!), Suraj, ShouryaT, Airavat, sanjaychoudhary, ShyamD, and of course Ramana ji. Arun_S (I hope he returns soon) and Brihaspati (I hope he remains here) have been the leading lights for me on this forum. I also appreciate Stan_Savljevic for diligently posting news items in his sphere of interests. Of course, I must have missed many other names.

The BENIS jirga comprising Lalmohan, Mahendra, enqyoob and others kept me in a positive frame of mind while doing voluminous lit-reviews and running statistics. Nayakuddin, Raja Bose, Dileep, Singha and others kept me updated about non-military/strategic issues. Vivek Ahuja and Sankar, how do you manage to write such engrossing and technically coherent scenarios? Great folks all!

Archan, Rahulm, Suraj, Ramana, and many others have been consistent, considerate, and moderate moderators. I appreciate you for your patience and for performing this thankless job so efficiently!

In sum, it’s an outstanding group of people out here and I hope that the community keeps on expanding.

One point of concern though: all the wonderful knowledge generated on a given day gets buried under the onslaught of new discussions the next day. Many posters devote considerable efforts in discussions and a lot of interesting insights emerge. It’s unfortunate that these thoughts are not saved for future reference and for circulation among non-Brfites. Thus, there should be a mechanism to summarize the key points every two-three pages. Not the full-fledged BRF Monitor type articles, but a one or two page write-ups.

One more suggestion: can we have “how to raise the future generation of Bharat Rakshaks” thread? Many of us have kids and probably have unique parenting tactics and philosophies. Can we share our experiences on the GDF? I would love to hear parenting suggestions from both parents and other members who may describe what made them who they are today. What were some helpful and not-so-helpful actions of their own and their parents? I am really curious how a Brihaspati and a Ramana emerges. This thread could also help the young mujahids frequenting the love and marriage nukkad to get ready for the next step in evolution.

Again, thanks a lot folks and best wishes for the future! I will keep learning from this community as I now work on my tenure! Back to work now - the tenure-clock ticketh away!! :)
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

By the Grace of ATM I have not been falsely accused of being "considerate". That itself deserves a big "thank you" and an intelligent response to your post. 8)
One point of concern though: all the wonderful knowledge generated on a given day gets buried under the onslaught of new discussions the next day. Many posters devote considerable efforts in discussions and a lot of interesting insights emerge. It’s unfortunate that these thoughts are not saved for future reference and for circulation among non-Brfites. Thus, there should be a mechanism to summarize the key points every two-three pages. Not the full-fledged BRF Monitor type articles, but a one or two page write-ups.
The only "mechanism" is ppl sitting down and doing the summaries. Who better than recent PhDs/ recent daddies who have cause to be up at 3AM, to do this?

On a related note: The smart way to get Tenure, Promotion etc is to be way out ahead of the "curve" with Peer-Reviewed Publications. And who better to start you off on real, global peer review than BRM/SRR?

It's really up to the PeeCheeDees etc. on the forum to take the lead in both of the above items, and in fact the first leads naturally to the second.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I have been contemplating a wiki style website but it is to focus on a specific issue, the various actors of TSP sponsored terrorism. I will get around to it sometime as and when personal responsibilities give me some respite. I have got some good encouragement from senior members and helpful hints from the members I have emailed.
Others can also start a series of such websites/blogs where they can empower a known set of people to create and edit pages with information as and when it comes out. In this way each important issue can have a permanent source of information. People need to take initiative and show the way and I am sure there are plenty of others who will volunteer.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Re: National Agenda for India, 2010-2050

Post by Pulikeshi »

{Another whine deleted. Please quit whining, Pullikesi}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Dec 2009 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: shrill whining deleted, no official warning, but immiment
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

How about setting up an automatic warning system?
What gives on this forum man????

RayC: You just proved my point of becoming intolerant like our western neighbors:
Conform or be cast out!
{Hope you got that message. Whining against the moderators on an internet forum does not exactly constitute a Freedom Struggle, or Refusal To Bend Knee B4 Insolent Might. It's just a sign of infantile misbehavior. Thanks}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Dec 2009 07:44, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: whine #2
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Pulikeshi wrote:How about setting up an automatic warning system?
Guess!
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Pulikeshi wrote:How about setting up an automatic warning system?

RayC: You just proved my point of becoming intolerant like our western neighbors:
Conform or be cast out!
Please be warned that you have to have some decorum and not state that there is heavy handed predators around.

Conform or cast out?

Good one that.

Get your faculties in check.

Shape up or ship out.

It is YOU who has to conform or hightail it and ride into the sunset!

If you feel that this forum is not being run to your diktats and you are unhappy, I daresay anyone is holding you back to find new pastures!

We are cleaning the Augean Stables. Enough of the free for all hijack of the forum!

Neither will it be acceptable if someone deliberate attempts to incite an anarchy.

End of discussion!
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

{Your behavior is completely out of control. Enough gentle reminders issued. }
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Dec 2009 06:26, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Post saved. This postor wants and needs to leave. Warning issued, No.3 I see
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

{More :(( deleted}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Dec 2009 07:45, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Whine No. 5. No 4 was deleted entirely
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I do not know if it is FF browser or some forum software issue. I recently got a warning; and it is just by chance I saw that as pvt message. I do have "Pop up window on new private message:" and "Notify me on new private messages:" flags turned on.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

{ :(( deleted}
Except you do not perhaps like my posts and opinions - that is censorship!

{Your opinions are completely drowned out by your whining.}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Dec 2009 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Whine No. 6
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

{ :(( No. 7 deleted}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Dec 2009 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Whine No. 7
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to start a separate thread on secularism in GDF. That may give members like Pulikeshi, RayC and others an outlet to really objectively analyze it for what it is: A specific political mechanism for solving communal disputes which has its origins in Christian theology, and whether or not it's working in India. This may help in reducing some tensions in threads like this one.