BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Post by NRao »

The old technology/board had a "Print" icon at the bottom left of each page.

One could select that, select the appropriate post numbers, and, either print or save the content.

How is it possible that a newer tech does not have such an icon. I mean "Print" icons are as old as Tippu Sultan. At least. phpBB needs to correct that feature.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

NRao, read the last page of this thread and look for posts by jagan.

he has already answered this umpteen times.
narayana
BRFite

Post by narayana »

Admin Sirs,

if i can suggest,why not a page for the Great Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw under BR Tributes.

Regards
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Hi Sirs,

Would just like to point out that I couldn't edit my own posts after re-logging in after a gap. (I had logged out after the last session). A few posters had added posts after mine in the meanwhile.

Is that a temporary glitch or is this a new feature of the software upgrade? Would be much obliged for some feedback on this.

Cheers!
Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

^^^^

likewise
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

I believe Jagan had mentioned that you can't edit your post after a couple of hours or so. If you want to modify the post, send an email to the moderators. Look up the thread on moving to new version of the forum for more info
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^^
amit/shalav others
On checking I found that this surprising problem does exist. hopefully it would be rectified in the future.
in the meantime, if you guys have posts that you absolutely need to edit, mail me the content and I will do it for you. (gmail a/c)

regards.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Edit gets disabled after some time I think two hours. so make sure you post is 'the final answer'
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Jagan wrote:Edit gets disabled after some time I think two hours. so make sure you post is 'the final answer'
Jagan Boss,

Can this be changed. One may want to post additional information in a post or make a correction etc.

It's a bit cumbersome if we have to email the mods everytime we want to do that.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

amit wrote: Jagan Boss,

Can this be changed. One may want to post additional information in a post or make a correction etc.

It's a bit cumbersome if we have to email the mods everytime we want to do that.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!
I second that !
it's not that I'm very enthusiatic about recieving a lot of mails on nukes/NPA/atim bum/fizzle bum !!

Rahul.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Rahul M wrote: I second that !
it's not that I'm very enthusiatic about recieving a lot of mails on nukes/NPA/atim bum/fizzle bum !!

Rahul.
Rahul,

Guru can you drop me an email at xxx@yyy? I don't have your email, it would be good to keep in touch.

Also please delete this post once you've seen it, as I can't. :D
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

my number of posts have dropped by more than 1000 - cry cry
ajay_hk
BRFite

Post by ajay_hk »

Saars! - great work on the forum. Kudos to u all. Is it possible to have the posted link open in new tab/window when clicked - like what we had in the previous version?
enqyoobOLD
BRFite

Post by enqyoobOLD »

This is the problem with turning peaceful ppl like me into Displaced Persons by locking up the Positive News thread. You find us on your doorstep, RPG launcher and IED Mubarak in hand.

I wonder if some minimal standards could be imposed for posts in the MIL Forum.. the posts here include many that are barely coherent or literate. I read through the present MRCA Poll thread and the Su-30 thread. All the info there could have been condensed into 1 post with room to spare. To call these threads juvenile would be a great exaggeration of their maturity. THIS is BRF today??? :roll:

So many targets, so little time! :twisted:
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

^^^^
I humbly bleat in agreement

What initially drew me to Pee Aref was the sheer amount of knowledge one could glean by simply lurking and follwing threads in the mil forum. I rarely post on the mil forum because my knawlije is limited as opposed to my knowledge about the culture of goat buggering cousins to our west. Standards have now slipped so much so that pages after pages are filled with "we should buy x, somehow integrate Y with it ,somehow get it within z budget and the Pigs will start shitting bricks", such posts are immediately quoted in the full by 99999999999 users who will go on to argue that the Pakis will actually crap marbles and not bricks and hence the assumption of the initial poster is wrong and he is retarded. In between 56000000000000 such posts, extremely important information like "my post count has come down :(( :(( :oops: " is simply lost. Well informed members are reduced to wading between these nonsensical posts trying to get their voice heard, some try, lose heart and simply move elsewhere. The loss is ultimately Pee Aref's as it will be populated with people pulling ideas out of their musharaffs and expecting those ideas to turn to reality by Jinn magic.
Perhaps the Adminullahs could restrict the number of people allowed to post on the military forum and only allow people who have till now demonstrated good knowledge and behaviour to post. Newbies and slightly older bies like myself should be allowed to post only after writing a statement of purpose (which should give an accurate idea about postors knowledge regarding the topic he/she wants to post about).

Just the thought of of homeless person, please take with a bucket of salt,please don't make me the first person to recieve the famed "one click ban"
rrao
BRFite

Post by rrao »

i request the admin to change " NEW POST" button to" CREATE NEW POST " and "POST REPLY" to " POST REPLY TO EXISTING POST" . These two buttons are like panic buttons to new comers. New BAKARAS can save themselves from embarrassing bombardment of IB4TLs, incase they press the wrong buttons!
narayana
BRFite

Post by narayana »

rrao,

i second your thought,though i disagree on bakara thing :),i also created a couple of new threads while trying to reply to existing ones,later they were deleted by admins
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

The Missile Page doesn't have link to Nag Missile
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Shankar wrote:my number of posts have dropped by more than 1000 - cry cry
What are you crying about?

My posts got slashed by 2000 AND I got demoted to a BRFite from a BR Oldie (as in Daulat Beg Oldie).

And I am still not crying. 'sniff' 'sniff'
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Hey guys,

What gives with this frontpage suppression policy? I used to notice that my recent postings would be shown on the front page along with everyone else's. But now recently, none of my posts at all make it to the front page -- not even one. What's going on? Has something happened to the forum software, to corrupt it?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Jagan, I got an idea looking at the vast amount of news stories that BR collects onthe fron page. Can we have a method of pdfing those on a regular or bi-weekly basis to create a news clipping service related to India? What I am thinking is take the content of the story along with headlines and pdf it so that its accessible. Eg a IAF monthly Jun 08 pdf would have all the stories of that period.

I dont know if its feasible or who would want it but it would be a great research tool.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ramana wrote:Jagan, I got an idea looking at the vast amount of news stories that BR collects onthe fron page. Can we have a method of pdfing those on a regular or bi-weekly basis to create a news clipping service related to India? What I am thinking is take the content of the story along with headlines and pdf it so that its accessible. Eg a IAF monthly Jun 08 pdf would have all the stories of that period.

I dont know if its feasible or who would want it but it would be a great research tool.
Good idea ramana. Would there be copyright issues at all - I wonder.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Gents heres a question for the Gurus:

I for some reason cannot acces BR from my home pc. I have tried accessing it from my flat mate's pc but it still doesnt let me. It just goes cannot find page every bloody time.

Thus I have to access BR at work and I would prefer accessing it at home as well. I have no problem accessing any other websites and I have a very high bandwidth connection as well.

Can anyone think of any possible reasons????

Please let me know......
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Anand Barve wrote:Gents heres a question for the Gurus:

I for some reason cannot acces BR from my home pc. I have tried accessing it from my flat mate's pc but it still doesnt let me. It just goes cannot find page every bloody time.

Thus I have to access BR at work and I would prefer accessing it at home as well. I have no problem accessing any other websites and I have a very high bandwidth connection as well.

Can anyone think of any possible reasons????

Please let me know......
DNS resolution, or your ISP has blocked it? :shock:
Try using just the IP address
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Thanks Rishi, much appreciate the response

Unfortunately you might wanna give me a bit more directions...I am bit half hearted when it comes to this sorta thing....please
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

traceroute to www.bharat-rakshak.com is timing out
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

amit wrote:
Jagan wrote:Edit gets disabled after some time I think two hours. so make sure you post is 'the final answer'
Jagan Boss,

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!
Interesting point.

What if someone wants to change based on a rebuttal in a later post and wanting to come out smelling of roses?

Maybe that is why the software ensures that one cannot flip flop to suit the flavour of the moment!

Or so I feel is the reason why changes are not allowed by the software!
amol
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amol »

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. The LCH link in the Aero India '03 album is broken.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

shiv wrote:
ramana wrote:Jagan, I got an idea looking at the vast amount of news stories that BR collects onthe fron page. Can we have a method of pdfing those on a regular or bi-weekly basis to create a news clipping service related to India? What I am thinking is take the content of the story along with headlines and pdf it so that its accessible. Eg a IAF monthly Jun 08 pdf would have all the stories of that period.

Good idea ramana. Would there be copyright issues at all - I wonder.
Didn't we use to have this sort of summary long time back on BR? It used to be organized by month earlier.
namit k
BRFite

Post by namit k »

can some body provide a link for lch where there is good description and good photos
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

What is this in the Draft IAEA Safeguards agreement thread?
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

namit k wrote:can some body provide a link for lch where there is good description and good photos
check this link
http://www.forceindia.net/cover4.asp
namit k
BRFite

Post by namit k »

Nitesh wrote:
namit k wrote:can some body provide a link for lch where there is good description and good photos
check this link
http://www.forceindia.net/cover4.asp
thnx nitesh
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

p_saggu wrote:What is this in the Draft IAEA Safeguards agreement thread?
An approved search bot.
Ankur
BRFite -Trainee

Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Post by Ankur »

Admins

Please check the link on Agni 4 on http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Armoury.html page. Its broken.

Thanks
Ankur
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Gurulog.. has the 'PM' feature been enabled ? I see the link but it throws a message saying "You are not authorized sending private messages.".

Also I believe this feature be enabled for all the members for this would avoid the unnecessary hassles ,like creation of email id's for BRF use and also is definitely faster.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

IAF WebMaster / Jagan,

IIRC recently MOFTU has shifted to Bagdogra, kindly check.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

SRoy wrote:IAF WebMaster / Jagan,

IIRC recently MOFTU has shifted to Bagdogra, kindly check.
Thanks, will correct that. Did they shift due to the repairs in Tezpur?
Raghz
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Raghz »

I have found some links from phpBBhacks.com maybe they are useful...

I have also posted a query if they have any addin for the "PrintView".

Arabic Language pack for 3.0.1
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8427

Open links in a new window
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8466
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

There is no link from forums page to the BR main page. Every time i have to goto the main page , i have to type the address manually in the location bar.