BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
NRao
BRF Oldie
Posts: 16238
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Illini Nation

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby NRao » 30 Jun 2008 17:06

The old technology/board had a "Print" icon at the bottom left of each page.

One could select that, select the appropriate post numbers, and, either print or save the content.

How is it possible that a newer tech does not have such an icon. I mean "Print" icons are as old as Tippu Sultan. At least. phpBB needs to correct that feature.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16767
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: Skies over BRFATA
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Rahul M » 01 Jul 2008 08:11

NRao, read the last page of this thread and look for posts by jagan.

he has already answered this umpteen times.

narayana
BRFite
Posts: 366
Joined: 27 Jun 2008 12:01

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby narayana » 01 Jul 2008 18:04

Admin Sirs,

if i can suggest,why not a page for the Great Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw under BR Tributes.

Regards

amit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4325
Joined: 30 Aug 2007 18:28
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby amit » 02 Jul 2008 12:31

Hi Sirs,

Would just like to point out that I couldn't edit my own posts after re-logging in after a gap. (I had logged out after the last session). A few posters had added posts after mine in the meanwhile.

Is that a temporary glitch or is this a new feature of the software upgrade? Would be much obliged for some feedback on this.

Cheers!

Shalav
BRFite
Posts: 584
Joined: 17 Jul 2000 11:31

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Shalav » 03 Jul 2008 01:38

^^^^

likewise

putnanja
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4421
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 12:31
Location: searching for the next al-qaida #3

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby putnanja » 03 Jul 2008 01:47

I believe Jagan had mentioned that you can't edit your post after a couple of hours or so. If you want to modify the post, send an email to the moderators. Look up the thread on moving to new version of the forum for more info

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16767
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: Skies over BRFATA
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Rahul M » 03 Jul 2008 01:58

^^^
amit/shalav others
On checking I found that this surprising problem does exist. hopefully it would be rectified in the future.
in the meantime, if you guys have posts that you absolutely need to edit, mail me the content and I will do it for you. (gmail a/c)

regards.

Jagan
Webmaster BR
Posts: 3037
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Earth @ Google.com
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Jagan » 03 Jul 2008 06:49

Edit gets disabled after some time I think two hours. so make sure you post is 'the final answer'

amit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4325
Joined: 30 Aug 2007 18:28
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby amit » 03 Jul 2008 07:12

Jagan wrote:Edit gets disabled after some time I think two hours. so make sure you post is 'the final answer'


Jagan Boss,

Can this be changed. One may want to post additional information in a post or make a correction etc.

It's a bit cumbersome if we have to email the mods everytime we want to do that.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16767
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: Skies over BRFATA
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Rahul M » 03 Jul 2008 07:16

amit wrote:Jagan Boss,

Can this be changed. One may want to post additional information in a post or make a correction etc.

It's a bit cumbersome if we have to email the mods everytime we want to do that.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!

I second that !
it's not that I'm very enthusiatic about recieving a lot of mails on nukes/NPA/atim bum/fizzle bum !!

Rahul.

amit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4325
Joined: 30 Aug 2007 18:28
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby amit » 03 Jul 2008 07:56

Rahul M wrote: I second that !
it's not that I'm very enthusiatic about recieving a lot of mails on nukes/NPA/atim bum/fizzle bum !!

Rahul.


Rahul,

Guru can you drop me an email at xxx@yyy? I don't have your email, it would be good to keep in touch.

Also please delete this post once you've seen it, as I can't. :D

Shankar
BRFite
Posts: 1905
Joined: 28 Aug 2002 11:31
Location: wai -maharastra

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Shankar » 03 Jul 2008 16:07

my number of posts have dropped by more than 1000 - cry cry

ajay_hk
BRFite
Posts: 152
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 09:11

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby ajay_hk » 05 Jul 2008 02:02

Saars! - great work on the forum. Kudos to u all. Is it possible to have the posted link open in new tab/window when clicked - like what we had in the previous version?

enqyoobOLD
BRFite
Posts: 690
Joined: 09 Sep 2004 05:16
Location: KhemKaran, Shomali Plain

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby enqyoobOLD » 06 Jul 2008 08:18

This is the problem with turning peaceful ppl like me into Displaced Persons by locking up the Positive News thread. You find us on your doorstep, RPG launcher and IED Mubarak in hand.

I wonder if some minimal standards could be imposed for posts in the MIL Forum.. the posts here include many that are barely coherent or literate. I read through the present MRCA Poll thread and the Su-30 thread. All the info there could have been condensed into 1 post with room to spare. To call these threads juvenile would be a great exaggeration of their maturity. THIS is BRF today??? :roll:

So many targets, so little time! :twisted:

Mahendra
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4409
Joined: 11 Aug 2007 17:20
Location: Chronicling Bakistan's Tryst with Dysentery

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Mahendra » 06 Jul 2008 14:48

^^^^
I humbly bleat in agreement

What initially drew me to Pee Aref was the sheer amount of knowledge one could glean by simply lurking and follwing threads in the mil forum. I rarely post on the mil forum because my knawlije is limited as opposed to my knowledge about the culture of goat buggering cousins to our west. Standards have now slipped so much so that pages after pages are filled with "we should buy x, somehow integrate Y with it ,somehow get it within z budget and the Pigs will start shitting bricks", such posts are immediately quoted in the full by 99999999999 users who will go on to argue that the Pakis will actually crap marbles and not bricks and hence the assumption of the initial poster is wrong and he is retarded. In between 56000000000000 such posts, extremely important information like "my post count has come down :(( :(( :oops: " is simply lost. Well informed members are reduced to wading between these nonsensical posts trying to get their voice heard, some try, lose heart and simply move elsewhere. The loss is ultimately Pee Aref's as it will be populated with people pulling ideas out of their musharaffs and expecting those ideas to turn to reality by Jinn magic.
Perhaps the Adminullahs could restrict the number of people allowed to post on the military forum and only allow people who have till now demonstrated good knowledge and behaviour to post. Newbies and slightly older bies like myself should be allowed to post only after writing a statement of purpose (which should give an accurate idea about postors knowledge regarding the topic he/she wants to post about).

Just the thought of of homeless person, please take with a bucket of salt,please don't make me the first person to recieve the famed "one click ban"

rrao
BRFite
Posts: 112
Joined: 13 Feb 2007 22:17

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby rrao » 06 Jul 2008 14:58

i request the admin to change " NEW POST" button to" CREATE NEW POST " and "POST REPLY" to " POST REPLY TO EXISTING POST" . These two buttons are like panic buttons to new comers. New BAKARAS can save themselves from embarrassing bombardment of IB4TLs, incase they press the wrong buttons!

narayana
BRFite
Posts: 366
Joined: 27 Jun 2008 12:01

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby narayana » 08 Jul 2008 11:38

rrao,

i second your thought,though i disagree on bakara thing :),i also created a couple of new threads while trying to reply to existing ones,later they were deleted by admins

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1779
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Kakarat » 08 Jul 2008 20:26

The Missile Page doesn't have link to Nag Missile

abhischekcc
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4278
Joined: 12 Jul 1999 11:31
Location: If I can’t move the gods, I’ll stir up hell
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby abhischekcc » 08 Jul 2008 22:43

Shankar wrote:my number of posts have dropped by more than 1000 - cry cry


What are you crying about?

My posts got slashed by 2000 AND I got demoted to a BRFite from a BR Oldie (as in Daulat Beg Oldie).

And I am still not crying. 'sniff' 'sniff'

Sanjay M
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4892
Joined: 02 Nov 2005 14:57

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Sanjay M » 09 Jul 2008 12:12

Hey guys,

What gives with this frontpage suppression policy? I used to notice that my recent postings would be shown on the front page along with everyone else's. But now recently, none of my posts at all make it to the front page -- not even one. What's going on? Has something happened to the forum software, to corrupt it?

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52531
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby ramana » 10 Jul 2008 03:02

Jagan, I got an idea looking at the vast amount of news stories that BR collects onthe fron page. Can we have a method of pdfing those on a regular or bi-weekly basis to create a news clipping service related to India? What I am thinking is take the content of the story along with headlines and pdf it so that its accessible. Eg a IAF monthly Jun 08 pdf would have all the stories of that period.

I dont know if its feasible or who would want it but it would be a great research tool.

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35017
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby shiv » 11 Jul 2008 08:34

ramana wrote:Jagan, I got an idea looking at the vast amount of news stories that BR collects onthe fron page. Can we have a method of pdfing those on a regular or bi-weekly basis to create a news clipping service related to India? What I am thinking is take the content of the story along with headlines and pdf it so that its accessible. Eg a IAF monthly Jun 08 pdf would have all the stories of that period.

I dont know if its feasible or who would want it but it would be a great research tool.


Good idea ramana. Would there be copyright issues at all - I wonder.

andy B
BRFite
Posts: 1595
Joined: 05 Jun 2008 11:03
Location: Gora Paki

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby andy B » 11 Jul 2008 08:55

Gents heres a question for the Gurus:

I for some reason cannot acces BR from my home pc. I have tried accessing it from my flat mate's pc but it still doesnt let me. It just goes cannot find page every bloody time.

Thus I have to access BR at work and I would prefer accessing it at home as well. I have no problem accessing any other websites and I have a very high bandwidth connection as well.

Can anyone think of any possible reasons????

Please let me know......

Rishi
Forum Moderator
Posts: 736
Joined: 29 Sep 2002 11:31
Location: Maximum City

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Rishi » 11 Jul 2008 09:02

Anand Barve wrote:Gents heres a question for the Gurus:

I for some reason cannot acces BR from my home pc. I have tried accessing it from my flat mate's pc but it still doesnt let me. It just goes cannot find page every bloody time.

Thus I have to access BR at work and I would prefer accessing it at home as well. I have no problem accessing any other websites and I have a very high bandwidth connection as well.

Can anyone think of any possible reasons????

Please let me know......


DNS resolution, or your ISP has blocked it? :shock:
Try using just the IP address

andy B
BRFite
Posts: 1595
Joined: 05 Jun 2008 11:03
Location: Gora Paki

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby andy B » 11 Jul 2008 09:16

Thanks Rishi, much appreciate the response

Unfortunately you might wanna give me a bit more directions...I am bit half hearted when it comes to this sorta thing....please

krishnan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7345
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 12:58
Location: 13° 04' N , 80° 17' E

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby krishnan » 11 Jul 2008 11:01

traceroute to www.bharat-rakshak.com is timing out

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby RayC » 11 Jul 2008 11:10

amit wrote:
Jagan wrote:Edit gets disabled after some time I think two hours. so make sure you post is 'the final answer'


Jagan Boss,

Can this be changed. One may want to post additional information in a post or make a correction etc.

It's a bit cumbersome if we have to email the mods everytime we want to do that.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!


Interesting point.

What if someone wants to change based on a rebuttal in a later post and wanting to come out smelling of roses?

Maybe that is why the software ensures that one cannot flip flop to suit the flavour of the moment!

Or so I feel is the reason why changes are not allowed by the software!

amol
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 84
Joined: 15 Aug 2004 10:44

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby amol » 12 Jul 2008 12:52

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. The LCH link in the Aero India '03 album is broken.

putnanja
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4421
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 12:31
Location: searching for the next al-qaida #3

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby putnanja » 13 Jul 2008 10:30

shiv wrote:
ramana wrote:Jagan, I got an idea looking at the vast amount of news stories that BR collects onthe fron page. Can we have a method of pdfing those on a regular or bi-weekly basis to create a news clipping service related to India? What I am thinking is take the content of the story along with headlines and pdf it so that its accessible. Eg a IAF monthly Jun 08 pdf would have all the stories of that period.

I dont know if its feasible or who would want it but it would be a great research tool.


Good idea ramana. Would there be copyright issues at all - I wonder.


Didn't we use to have this sort of summary long time back on BR? It used to be organized by month earlier.

namit k
BRFite
Posts: 139
Joined: 10 Jul 2008 21:58
Location: Diamant-Land

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby namit k » 14 Jul 2008 14:07

can some body provide a link for lch where there is good description and good photos

p_saggu
BRFite
Posts: 1058
Joined: 26 Nov 2004 20:03

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby p_saggu » 14 Jul 2008 17:55

What is this in the Draft IAEA Safeguards agreement thread?
Image

Nitesh
BRFite
Posts: 898
Joined: 23 Mar 2008 22:22
Location: Bangalore
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Nitesh » 14 Jul 2008 18:07

namit k wrote:can some body provide a link for lch where there is good description and good photos

check this link
http://www.forceindia.net/cover4.asp

namit k
BRFite
Posts: 139
Joined: 10 Jul 2008 21:58
Location: Diamant-Land

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby namit k » 14 Jul 2008 21:09

Nitesh wrote:
namit k wrote:can some body provide a link for lch where there is good description and good photos

check this link
http://www.forceindia.net/cover4.asp

thnx nitesh

JaiS
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2190
Joined: 01 Mar 2003 12:31
Location: JPEG-jingostan
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby JaiS » 14 Jul 2008 23:20

p_saggu wrote:What is this in the Draft IAEA Safeguards agreement thread?


An approved search bot.

Ankur
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 8
Joined: 06 Aug 2005 16:46

Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Ankur » 14 Jul 2008 23:32

Admins

Please check the link on Agni 4 on http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Armoury.html page. Its broken.

Thanks
Ankur

negi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 13102
Joined: 27 Jul 2006 17:51
Location: Ban se dar nahin lagta , chootiyon se lagta hai .

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby negi » 15 Jul 2008 00:45

Gurulog.. has the 'PM' feature been enabled ? I see the link but it throws a message saying "You are not authorized sending private messages.".

Also I believe this feature be enabled for all the members for this would avoid the unnecessary hassles ,like creation of email id's for BRF use and also is definitely faster.

SRoy
BRFite
Posts: 1840
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 06:45
Location: Kolkata
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby SRoy » 16 Jul 2008 00:10

IAF WebMaster / Jagan,

IIRC recently MOFTU has shifted to Bagdogra, kindly check.

Jagan
Webmaster BR
Posts: 3037
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Earth @ Google.com
Contact:

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Jagan » 16 Jul 2008 03:57

SRoy wrote:IAF WebMaster / Jagan,

IIRC recently MOFTU has shifted to Bagdogra, kindly check.


Thanks, will correct that. Did they shift due to the repairs in Tezpur?

Raghz
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 59
Joined: 12 Aug 2002 11:31

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby Raghz » 17 Jul 2008 11:38

I have found some links from phpBBhacks.com maybe they are useful...

I have also posted a query if they have any addin for the "PrintView".

Arabic Language pack for 3.0.1
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8427

Open links in a new window
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8466

krishnan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7345
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 12:58
Location: 13° 04' N , 80° 17' E

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Postby krishnan » 17 Jul 2008 13:47

There is no link from forums page to the BR main page. Every time i have to goto the main page , i have to type the address manually in the location bar.


Return to “Trash Can Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests