BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
KBDagha
BRFite

Post by KBDagha »

Hi,
I am facing problem opening www.bharat-rakshak.com. I tried opening it from IE7, Opera and also firefox. When i open thru proxy or other computer its opening, Can anyone help me out.
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

KBDagha wrote:Hi,
I am facing problem opening www.bharat-rakshak.com. I tried opening it from IE7, Opera and also firefox. When i open thru proxy or other computer its opening, Can anyone help me out.
Bookmark this link in you favourites:

Unslect : "Include URL form" [to make the top frame disappear.]
Always Select : "Hide referrer"

The above should work, unless the above site is also blocked. Well, there are lots of others..
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Hi guys,

Take a look at this other forum I also participate in:

http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=SF&f=44

They're about life extension. But they have an interesting forum feature, where the first post in a thread lists the various people who have viewed the thread.

That might be an interesting feature to consider adding here in the future, if you're able to manage it.
KBDagha
BRFite

Post by KBDagha »

Thanks Tilak currently I am following the same :)! But I am not sure why I cant open it directly from home PC, any idea?
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

hi guys,

I'm wondering if we couldn't have prediction contests on BRF.

A thread can be posted dealing with some near-term issue whose outcome is in question. Various posters can then put forth their predictions, along with their associated reasoning in support of this. That could make for some interesting fun, and some useful cultivation/validation of expertise.

Perhaps a vote could be held after various participants have posted their predictions/analyses. The winning poster(s) would then have the satisfaction of knowing they were right. A tally and ranking could be kept, to see which individuals have come up with the most correct predictions from the various threads.

I dunno, just a thought. Prediction markets can be useful ways to better forecast the outcomes of events.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Hey, Why does the BRF Logo on the upper left corner of the forum pages appear and disappear after refreshing the page? Has anyone else noticed this? What sordid conspiracy is at hand???
sohamn
BRFite

Post by sohamn »

did u guys notice that many posts from indian naval discussion has dissapeared. why is this so?
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

The DNS record for forums.bharat-rakshak.com does not resolve in Canada and maybe US either :( .

I had to statically create an the record in the hosts file to access it. Please pass on this information to the webmaster or person concerned
skbanner
BRFite

Post by skbanner »

anishns wrote:The DNS record for forums.bharat-rakshak.com does not resolve in Canada and maybe US either :( .

I had to statically create an the record in the hosts file to access it. Please pass on this information to the webmaster or person concerned
Not working here in Ulhasnagar. I finally grabbed the IP from netcraft: 88.208.200.78. Perhaps we are in the middle of a domain transfer?
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

I have trouble visiting the forum since yesterday, I get a message telling me that there is a 'critical error'. I have no problem with other sites, so it must be a problem with BRF.
webmaster
BiG Boss - BR Site

Post by webmaster »

Hi All,

There was a routing issue with one of the providers that our ISP uses, hence some of you may not have been able to access the site between 07.00-10.00hrs GMT. The issue is now resolved.

Regards,
Seetal
csharma
BRFite

Post by csharma »

In the missile armory page, the link to agni IV does not work.
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

Why is all quiet on the newsroom front?? Havent had any news for the past few days.

P.S. JCage bhai is also been missing for the past few days... any connexion between the two? :wink:
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

It would be good to have a separate link on the BR front page to get to the Media page:

http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/main.php
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

A recent study conducted by Akamai Tech states that user's online attention span is ~5 seconds and is getting even shorter, if the first impression is not made within the above 75% would never return.

Some Important Web Design/Usability Guidelines :

Scientific Web Design: 23 Actionable Lessons from Eye-Tracking Studies
webmaster
BiG Boss - BR Site

Post by webmaster »

Forums Server Move.

Hi All,

The forums site will be moved to a new server today at around 10.00AM GMT. There will be delay of around 4-8hours before the DNS changes propagate. The IP address of the new server is: 206.222.29.226

Cheers,
Seetal
webmaster
BiG Boss - BR Site

Post by webmaster »

Testing after server move. 1 2 3 . . .
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

The link to the RSS site and The Forum Index Site is not working
after servers change.

Added Later:

These are the problems I found.
All was normal until around 11 AM Thai time
when suddenly
the link to the forum and RSS stopped working.
it shows something like this
This site is being moved to a new server [IP: 206.222.29.226], the DNS transfer process wll be completed by 14.00hrs GMT on 16th March.

then 1 hr later I am unable to log in. The remedy I found
is this
After typing your name and PW and clicking Log in you will be taken
to the above mentioned page. click back until you reach the forum
refresh the page, and you are logged in.

All the RSS readers have stopped reading the site.
Please Sir, we would appreciate if this is rectified, or some
remedy suggested.
Regards.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

The above problem seems to have been remedied.
a thousand thanks.
Regards.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Server time out for the forums for a week now from Germany. Can someone help?
JimmyJ
BRFite

Post by JimmyJ »

I don't know if its problem with my eyes :D But,

I was in my Bangalore office reading the "Possible military scenario" thread and made a post around 5 pm, the same was seen in the webpage also. I again came back to the office at 8 pm and finds that the timing has now changed to 11 something am...

Oh no I open a new webpage to verify it and things are back.....Am I crazy :shock:
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

My post count got reduced by 1000.

Mods what hudabaya have you done ??
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

somebody probably pruned a lot of threads from the Trash Forum. If old threads get deleted, post counts go south.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Jagan wrote:somebody probably pruned a lot of threads from the Trash Forum. If old threads get deleted, post counts go south.
I trashed all the threads that I felt that may not be precious to anybody - and retained threads that people might want to dip into for a while. We had 4 pages in the trash folder :eek:
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

I'm thinking we need a thread that lists all the Lefty-Indian forums on the internet.
This way, Indians so inclined can seek out the Indian Leftists to debate with them.
It's good to know where the enemy congregates.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Could we have Profiles in Heroism thread as a sticky?

Thanks.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Are there still issues after the domain transfer for the forum? My ISP (and gashish has reported it as well) cant seem to connect to the forum. However another ISP works...

Any suggestions?
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

The Air Force Fleet page http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Units/Fleet.html, the fighter aircraft numbers can be updated with AK Antony's reply on 19th March 2007. The Press release is at http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=36736.
Malay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Malay »

Guys, is there a problem with the bot that captures defence related news on the BR main page?

Since some time i have seen that it misses a lot of news and then sometimes a bunch of them are added at one go. It used to be very efficient earlier.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Malay wrote:Guys, is there a problem with the bot that captures defence related news on the BR main page?

Since some time i have seen that it misses a lot of news and then sometimes a bunch of them are added at one go. It used to be very efficient earlier.
I will have a word with the bots and ask them to get it going. The bots must be busy with some other work :lol:
Malay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Malay »

Oh i didnt know that some guys were putting those links up. I thought it must be a bot or a spyder/tracker that searched these links through the net and put them up!
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Admins:

I may have finally managed to track down why some users are not able to logon to BR. I was having this issue and followed it up with my ISP.

Apparently, the ISP further upstream from my ISP had blocked this address because of abuse. Note that only this address was blocked and it was not a range of addresses. The block probably resulted because before BR got this address it was assigned to a known spammer/botnet which resulted it in landing on some of the blacklists for spam. A request has resulted in the block being removed.

For others that face the same issue, the only suggestion is to try following up with your ISP to get the block removed. The other option is to use a free proxy. The block is probably from a black list so its up to the ISP whether to implement it or not.
Raymond
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Raymond »

Just as a FYI:
What is the deal with these pictures at defencetalk?Most of them are from BR and watermarked defence talk?Even I see some of Harry's pictures?Do they have permission?
http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/sho ... p/cat/3487
Keshav
BRFite

Post by Keshav »

I had trouble accessing the site today by simply typing the URL into the address bar. Usually, as a back up, I go through Google, but even the main page didn't work that way.

Google, for big sites usually sites compartments, such as forums as separate links below it. That worked, but the rest didn't.
Kalantak
BRFite

Post by Kalantak »

Can the admins change the skin of this forum from this boring and lacklustre skin to something like this.

There are many more such skins to choose from this site.

Atleast give another skin to choose, from the present default skin.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Cant See BR main page. Been a week. Forum phir bhi mila.

Added later: "www" add karna tha...
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

The BR's navy section hasn't been updated since September 07. I'm just sayin... :)
Keshav
BRFite

Post by Keshav »

You should create it such that all the linked sites open in the same window rather than opening a hundred different separate windows.

Except for the forum, all the information sites should open in the same browser window.
sauravjha
BRFite

Post by sauravjha »

hey I am wondering if an introduce yourself section can be added to BRF?
mandrake
BRFite

Post by mandrake »

Kalantak wrote:Can the admins change the skin of this forum from this boring and lacklustre skin to something like this.

There are many more such skins to choose from this site.

Atleast give another skin to choose, from the present default skin.
Present one much much better and pro looking, no need to change IMHO.