Indo-UK: News & Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK: News & Discussion

Post by Lalmohan »

its already happened - its increasingly indians and pakistanis
ranjbe
BRFite

Post by ranjbe »

The London Telegraph's spin on the Ghulam Nabi Fai arrest in the US:
Pakistani spies 'operating in Britain'
Pakistani spies have been operating a front organisation in London to exert political pressure on the government, it was claimed on Tuesday
But the affidavit alleges that the KAC is actually one of three “Kashmir Centers” that are run by “elements of the Pakistani government, including Pakistan’s military intelligence service, the Inter-Services Intelligence Agency (ISI).”

The two other “Kashmir Centers,” it said, are in London and Brussels. A Scotland Yard source said they were liasing with US authorities but had not made any arrests.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... itain.html
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Spinster got it right about the power behind Rupert Murdoch's rise to media power.
And why he was spying on UK leaders.

its all PRC linked in the end thru his wife.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Hindu teenagers 'twice as likely as Christians to go to university'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1SxYeYJWS
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

ranjbe wrote:The London Telegraph's spin on the Ghulam Nabi Fai arrest in the US:
Pakistani spies 'operating in Britain'
Pakistani spies have been operating a front organisation in London to exert political pressure on the government, it was claimed on Tuesday
But the affidavit alleges that the KAC is actually one of three “Kashmir Centers” that are run by “elements of the Pakistani government, including Pakistan’s military intelligence service, the Inter-Services Intelligence Agency (ISI).”

The two other “Kashmir Centers,” it said, are in London and Brussels. A Scotland Yard source said they were liasing with US authorities but had not made any arrests.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... itain.html
Kashmir Centre in Brussels is located 200m from American Embassy. Some red lipped chaplus type guys are standing outside luring everybody with chai and samosa. Some useless type gora log enter to taste free treats thinkig that it is Indian tourist office. And if some body in US,UK or India says that they never knew who funded these centre......then they are dumb.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

UK Muslims vigilant after Norway attacks, mosques raise security

LONDON: Extra security will be put up at mosques around the UK in the wake of the deadly attacks in Norway, British Muslim leaders said on Sunday.

Mohammed Shafiq, the leader of Ramadhan Foundation, one of Britain's largest Muslim groups, says mosques are being extra vigilant as it emerges that the suspect blamed for the Norway attacks opposed Muslim immigration to Europe.

Shafiq told The Associated Press he was talking to other European Muslim leaders about the need to increase security and to British police about extra protection.

"People are afraid that we will be the next target," Safiq said in a telephone interview during a large gathering of Sunni scholars and leaders in northern city of Birmingham. "As a result, we've told people to be extra vigilant and there will be added security placed at mosques."

A pig's head was recently left at a mosque outside of Oxford, he added.

Norwegian police have not confirmed that an online manifesto ranting against Muslim immigration to Europe was written by the 32-year-old Norwegian suspect, Anders Behring Breivik, but his lawyer referred to it and said Breivik had been working on it for years.

On Friday, seven people died in a bombing outside government headquarters. Hours later, 86 more died in a shooting spree on a nearby island.
Soiled shalwars. :D
vishnua
BRFite

Post by vishnua »

Lalmohan wrote:its already happened - its increasingly indians and pakistanis
I would tend to agree with this based on my recent visit (first ever) to London. Stayed there for 10 days . Stayed in Central London for 2 days. We all look total Desi may be not me. I can be confused with Muslim due to my recent facial air but not SHQ :D

I was directly asked whether I am a muslim or Hindu of course after I disclosed that I am originally from India,living in Mass Land. This is from one of the beefeaters inside London tower.

We had vey very interesting conversation for quite sometime and he even told other visitors to hold off for a while to continue to talk to me. The visitors of course were asking for him to pose for pics.

He did take allow me to take a pic with him with my boys and actually held my younger one on his arms :P

My boys were pretty impressed and SHQ was like what did you say to him :D as she saw him telling others to wait just 5 minutes ago. If not for SHQ we could have talked longer. He definetely wanted to talk more

I can post the conversation in nukkaad if ppl are interested.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

suryag wrote:
Its probably only the Naxalites that might still retain the revolutionary fervour - and these are probably no more than jungle savages without any intellectual base
The do have people like Arundhati Suzanne roy/Binayak Sen and our own mohalla Somnath for obfuscation
Actually many naxalite leaders have very sophisticated communication and management skills and come across as having good generalship skills as well. Several are of IIT / IIM caliber. They shouldn't be underestimated.
RajSingh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajSingh »

None of them are from IIT/IIM . In old times a few were from jadavpur and a few regional engineering colleges from AP and WB. Nowadays they are mostly from AP , a few engineers but not IIT/IIM types ..
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

vishnua wrote:....
OT : please do sirji
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>I can post the conversation in nukkaad if ppl are interested.

What sort of question is that boss? post the bloody thing :D ... These often offer key bits of insight, which may not be extrapolatable (is that even a word?) but offers useful datapoints...
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Tanaji wrote:
Arjun wrote: In order to break a dogma you have to discredit the source - similar to how the mullahs must be discredited in order for Islamism to collapse...There is absolutely no point taking on Indian left liberals aka pseuduo-seculars - they are just mouthpieces that have outsourced their brains and will keep parroting their lines as long as they believe they have global backing for their outdated ideas. The original source is the European left liberals - and David Cameron, Abhijit & European society in general are all doing their part in hastening the eventual demise of this philosophy. I would bring out the beer and popcorn too - only from a slightly different POV.
This is debatable no? Notice the communists in India: their ideological masters are no longer around, both USSR and Chinese communism are consigned to the dustbins of history, yet the Indian commies still maintain their beliefs and parrot the same lines without change. Similarly it will be fool hardy to expect the likes of Prafool Bidwais, Arundhoti Suzanne Roys, the Burkha Dutts to suddenly change their tune purely because the West has abandoned left liberalism or their funds have dried up. They will still keep parroting the same. The Indian left in that respect is more "moralistic" than the American NPAs: the latter will change their tune depending on their funding, but not the former.

JMT...
The Communists India Always give a Statement "They Hate America and West" but they follow every policy of West to the last Dot. On a personal front many of them and Children go to Western Universities and settle there, many even emigrate and spend expensive Holidays there.

It is only a shame they hate the west(in order someone does not recognise what they are), infact many of NGO connected lefties in India are also in the payroll of Western orginated funds.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Livefist has a DNA report that officials of MOD and BEML have siphoned off around 750cr in kickbacks in the deals for components of Tatra trucks assembled by BEML for over a decade now. the contract is apparently with one Tatra Sipox U.K. rather than the main tatra co.

now the thing is these charges are old, BEML had issued a denial in Oct-2010
http://www.consumercourt.in/product-ser ... s-ltd.html

leaving aside the charges, some key data points of note here.

Since 1987, BEML has supplied 5,300 Tatra vehicles to the army. It has also started supplying 10x10 vehicles to Bharat Dynamics, Hyderabad, for missile operations.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

16 Indians face deportation from UK

LONDON: Forty-one Asians, including 16 Indian nationals, have been arrested in raids by Britain's immigration officials for working illegally in the country, official sources here said.

The 16 Indian nationals were arrested in July during raids at two factories, a restaurant and shop in the West Midlands and two restaurants in Lanarkshire, Scotland.

Action is now being taken to deport them to India. Also, 25 Bangladeshi nationals were arrested in July for working illegally in restaurants in West London, Warwickshire, Surrey, Oxfordshire and Herefordshire.

Action is underway to return all of them to Bangladesh.

"We are cracking down on companies that employ illegal workers and fail to carry out proper checks on passports and other identity documents," a UK Border Agency spokesperson said.

"Any business that takes on a foreign national without permission to work is breaking the law and faces a heavy fine and possible prosecution," the spokesperson said.

A fine of up to 10,000 pounds will be imposed on employers for every illegal worker found in their business, unless the employers can prove that they carried out the correct right-to-work checks on the employees.

The UK border agency has also been working with local Sikh community leaders and Gurudwaras in the West Midlands to provide advice to migrants, some of whom are destitute, and wish to return to India.

The monthly advice centres are being held at the Gurdwaras in Smethwick; Sedgley Street, Wolverhampton; High Street, West Bromwich; Soho Road, Handsworth, Birmingham and Foleshill Road, Coventry.
The only surprising bit is that no Pakis were rounded up in the act. From a first hand view of instances in Tooting, Mitcham, Hounslow, Hammersmith, East Ham and many other places (nearly whole of London), I find it surprising that no Porkis were caught. They form such a high proportion of illegal workers that it's impossible to miss.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

ramana wrote:Spinster got it right about the power behind Rupert Murdoch's rise to media power.
And why he was spying on UK leaders.

its all PRC linked in the end thru his wife.
In turn, the missus is linked back to power brokers and lobbyists of the Nixon/Kissinger/Brzezinski cartel, thus I suspect a closed loop with a Bilderberg group members presence too.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

‘Sharia law zones’ come up in Britain
Islamic extremists in Britain have launched a poster campaign proclaiming areas where ‘Sharia law enforcement zones’ have been set up. The posters read, “You are entering a Sharia-controlled zone Islamic rules enforced.”
According to Daily Mail, hate preacher Anjem Choudary claimed responsibility, saying he plans to flood specific Muslim and non-Muslim communities and “put the seeds down for an Islamic Emirate in the long term”.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ities.html

scroll down and read about the hypocrisy of the hate monger

many feel Anjem Choudhary in UK is a planted mole of MI6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzID5iat7Ak
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »