Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by jamwal »

shyamd wrote: RIP
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06Y ... O/610x.jpg
The father of Indian army soldier Ravi Kumar receives an Indian flag and the uniform of his son from another soldier before Kumar's cremation at Bishna, about 22 kilometers (14 miles) from Jammu, India, Friday, Sept. 30, 2011. Ravi Kumar was among eight people who died in three days of fierce fighting between rebels and government forces in Indian-controlled Kashmir.

Bishnah is just a few km away from my home :cry:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

S_Prasad wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8LmmtZacP90/T ... flight.jpg

In this picture, I see that the new P8-I has a "Window" that is close to a size of a door.
Can some one ID why an ASW would have such a big window?
Observer window
There are five side-facing operator stations and two observer stations with a picture window, through which visual checks can be made, especially in low-flying, search and rescue operations.
Aditya Watts
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Aditya Watts »

krishnan wrote:
S_Prasad wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8LmmtZacP90/T ... flight.jpg

In this picture, I see that the new P8-I has a "Window" that is close to a size of a door.
Can some one ID why an ASW would have such a big window?
Observer window
There are five side-facing operator stations and two observer stations with a picture window, through which visual checks can be made, especially in low-flying, search and rescue operations.
Besides this, I can imagine that through this window one has a better view towards the wing-areas, including engines in case it is needed.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Raja Bose wrote:
Vishal Jolapara wrote:The second Block 60 Solah powering down 09 past the large DRDO Blimp > http://www.airliners.net/photo/1989930/L/
Thats one ugly looking Eff-Solah!
:lol: Compared to the legacy Fighting Falcon Yes, this is a disaster in the looks dept.
They could've gone easy with piling those burgers, french fries & other crap on her body but well.....

Here's Shahid Kapoor rotating-off 09, checkout the security guy beside the rwy line totally oblivious to the proceedings :(

VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

The airborne Dhruv & line-up of SuryaKirans just returning from their display watch Shahid blast away full burner

member_19969
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_19969 »

I am sorry, but that sure looks like a PLA/PAP contingent to me. The picture could be from any number of floods in China that sees PLA/PAP deployed for relief operations.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Indian Army chief in Kashmir Lt. Gen. Syed Ata Hasnain salutes during a wreath-laying ceremony of soldier Ravi Kumar, at an army base in Srinagar, India, Friday, Sept. 30, 2011. Kumar was killed Wednesday during a raid at a militant hide-out in Kralpora, a remote area about 130 kilometers (80 miles) north of Srinagar. At least eight people have died in three days of fierce fighting between rebels and government forces in Indian-controlled Kashmir, officials said Wednesday.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Some photos from the Leh Hall of Fame - Courtesy of PhotoYogi Praveen Sundaram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All galleries here http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... seums/Leh/
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Which is the gun being held by AP HM?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Please do post any good pics of the IAF 79 years celebration.... couldn't catch much on the news in various channels..
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Sum Sir,
Nothing great on this year's show, except for the C-130's.. They lead 2 formation flights of transport aircrafts.. I did miss the starting of the parade.. One with 2 AN32's on both its wing and another with 2 AN32s and 2 Do228's in a little boy formation.. Live fist has posted some pics of the flying events of the parade here.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

@Sum

Image is not very clear. Probably Chinese Type 56
Upendra
BRFite

Post by Upendra »

sum wrote:Which is the gun being held by AP HM?
AK-103
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

"Be Nice."
Last edited by Jagan on 09 Oct 2011 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ashdivay - chill out. no need to go offensive on people trying to contribute.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

ashdivay wrote:"Be Nice."
ok jagan, but ignorance makes me go nuts sometimes.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Yep. my fault. Could the mods edit that post please?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Done
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

shyamd wrote:Indian Army chief in Kashmir Lt. Gen. Syed Ata Hasnain salutes during a wreath-laying ceremony of soldier Ravi Kumar, at an army base in Srinagar, India, Friday, Sept. 30, 2011. Kumar was killed Wednesday during a raid at a militant hide-out in Kralpora, a remote area about 130 kilometers (80 miles) north of Srinagar. At least eight people have died in three days of fierce fighting between rebels and government forces in Indian-controlled Kashmir, officials said Wednesday.
in Generals shoulder i can see one badge "SCOUTE" ... some body tell me what that means...
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

jimmy_moh wrote:in Generals shoulder i can see one badge "SCOUTE" ... some body tell me what that means...
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 3#p1146893
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Indian Prime MInister Manmohan Singh (2L) shakes hands with the commanders of Indian armed forces, as Indian Defence Minister A. K. Anthony (C), and Indian Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal Norman Anil Kumar Browne (L) look on during the inauguration of a five day long Annual Combined Commanders conference in New Delhi on October 11, 2011. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will review the security situation and operational preparedness with the top commanders of the three services with special focus on border terrorism. The commanders, including the chiefs of Army, Air Force and Navy, will brief him about the present situation regarding India's borders.

merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

jimmy_moh wrote:
shyamd wrote:Indian Army chief in Kashmir Lt. Gen. Syed Ata Hasnain salutes during a wreath-laying ceremony of soldier Ravi Kumar, at an army base in Srinagar, India, Friday, Sept. 30, 2011. Kumar was killed Wednesday during a raid at a militant hide-out in Kralpora, a remote area about 130 kilometers (80 miles) north of Srinagar. At least eight people have died in three days of fierce fighting between rebels and government forces in Indian-controlled Kashmir, officials said Wednesday.
in Generals shoulder i can see one badge "SCOUTE" ... some body tell me what that means...
It is SCOUTS, not SCOUTE.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

What is that first ship??? I have never seen a naval combat ship of this design..
Mark Walpole
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mark Walpole »

^^ That first ship is RFA Diligence its a fleet repair and support vessel for the Royal Navy
This link sheds more light on it:
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/The-Fleet/R ... -Diligence
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

This RAW ghost 707's legend just wont die http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php? ... b0#p382302
A friend thought he saw it up around DEL.

Called-up a mate who's in-the-know & he said that its still alive
Me: Does it have any 'fixed' time movements or kabhi-bhi?
Him: Nope, nothing is ever fixed. But goes and comes under full emergency rules of airfield. Accorded high priority
I would avoid being seen with a cam around it. I was traced down once to my desk and asked to handover photos

Image Image

Me: Well i stay in Mumbai, so i'm far enough but will hold-on to your advice Image
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

I agree that the aircraft flies out once in a while.

How do I arrive at the conclusion ? - just look at the historical imagery in Google Earth. The only way to prove it is not flying is to say that it is being moved in and out of the hangar frequently which really doesnt make sense!

There is still no clear picture of the aircraft .. here is one taken from the NOIDA highway.. not many out there showing the IAF roundels and finflash placement..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jpRroRLCaYc/R ... _05916.JPG
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

Jagan saar, are you sure it is the NOIDA Highway? There are two in Noida, the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway and the DND, both of which are far from Indira Gandhi Airport. Did you mean the Gurgaon Expressway?
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

I have seen K2899, at different locations in past 20 days alone. But haven't seen it moving ever!

And yes, I think Jagan sir meant NH8. And ARC aircrafts are easily visible from different vantage points around T1.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

sorry guys, i meant the gurgaon highway.
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

IIRC from newspaper reports ARC had 2 B-707s for 'experimental' purposes for ages but hardly flew. One was supposed to have been decommissioned a while back and cannibalized to service the other aircraft. Maybe after the hangar roof collapse wrote off the Gulfstream III making ARC bereft of ELINT capabilities, these 'experimental' birds have become a priority!
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

Btw the gulfstream III supposed to have been written off has surfaced again! http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... RC#p482315 Telegraph has reported this but their site doesn't archive the pages so can't give a link for it. The tail number is seen in pic 1 & pic 2 So did they resuscitate the aircraft? Mysterious are the ways of our intelligence agencies :D
ranjithnath
BRFite

Post by ranjithnath »

^^ the pic says the a/c is at luqa international.now what was our ELINT aircraft doing in Malta??
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Find it hard to believe that such a large org like RAW and ARC have just 2 old B-707s + 1 Gulfstream-III as their ELINT fleet!! Surely, they have to have more aircraft than that.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

A lot of unnecessary khujli to know about these things.

can we move on
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

come on, this is all public info. IISS annual publication military balance lists all that IIRC. being over secretive creates its own security problems.

sum, look here. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 30#p519030
I am surprised you forgot the IL-76's which have been discussed on BR more than once.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Rahul

I meant the resultant khujli to try and do stuff to get more info.

Like those who tried to take more pictures from the adjoining highway.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

<edited>
sum, look here. viewtopic.php?p=519030#p519030
I am surprised you forgot the IL-76's which have been discussed on BR more than once.
Ah, yes...forgot about the Gajraj. IIRC, one of them was in the news last year after it had a near miss with a civilian craft somewhere in the NE.
Last edited by sum on 17 Oct 2011 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

^^^ hmmm...... please do not comment on specifics of a facility in an open forum.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My friend's photo of Vayusena C130J KC-3806 @ Hindon http://www.airliners.net/photo/1998295/L/
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Surya wrote:Rahul

I meant the resultant khujli to try and do stuff to get more info.

Like those who tried to take more pictures from the adjoining highway.
I say jeehaard against evil surya-ullah who won't allow mango abduls to discuss and gain in the djinn arts related knawledge....may teesta setalvad hautn you in your dreams...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sum wrote:^^ Find it hard to believe that such a large org like RAW and ARC have just 2 old B-707s + 1 Gulfstream-III as their ELINT fleet!! Surely, they have to have more aircraft than that.
No need for more. They have computer laser binoculars and all.