Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shanksinha
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by shanksinha »

Oct 9, 2010 HAl Airport Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Image Copyright Devesh Agarwal via jetphotos.net
Radhey
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Radhey »

Pictures of Indian Army in India-Tibet border - Courtesy www.militaryphotos.net

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... et)-border

Do ignore if it has been posted earlier..
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

^^^ Super pics, man they look deadly..but I swear SWAT team still has better weapons and they look macho :((

Look at the knuckle of the last guy on right, its swollen, this happens only when you work really hard on it while punching.. I knew they are trained in martial arts but this looks he must be 2-3 dan equivalent
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

I like the "matter of fact" look in the MARCOS pics......calm and level headed guys going about their job in calm and composed way.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

looking at the first pic, what an opportunity missed to get some fantastic shots of psy-ops value in those weather conditions ! I hope navy gets its equivalent of Wg Cdr Chauhan, we get far too few jaw dropping pics from IN.
Pratik_S
BRFite

Post by Pratik_S »

Jagan wrote: ahem.. thats your opinion... not shared by others - even the IAF.
There was news article after the Red Flag which said so, couldn't find it on google now.
shiv wrote: Good one! :rotfl:
Nowadays the names of colors are taught to 2 year old children. Must have been different in your day.
So did in my time. But you can't expect a two year old myself to be awake in lecture when a 18 years old myself doesn't !
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pratik_S wrote: So did in my time. But you can't expect a two year old myself to be awake in lecture when a 18 years old myself doesn't !
No shit Sherlock. But your 18 year old self seems to have no trouble lecturing the forum on what colors the IAF should use without knowing about colors yourself. Do you believe your pompous ignorance will be given the go-by?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

hey, they are not wearing scooter helmets any more! :((
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

How come no :(( :(( about the use of SDRE camo elbow/knee pads instead of TFTA black?

MARCOS do the whole UAC drill - ditto for NSG.

For those interested, Sandeep Unnithan has a quickie article in the latest India Today about NSG vs. SPG equipment load. It is a little sketchy on research but not really inaccurate.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

why is the officer wearing his rank badges?
isn't that normally not done for SF?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

^^^In real time ops...the MARCOS insignia should also not be there.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

ShivAroor reported on 26/11 on Navys capabilities.The report was low on substance but had footage of marcos.
It showed 4 closely spaced marcos moving through corridors in a ship. In such a formation, aren't they only a grenade or short rifle burst away from complete wipeout?
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

NO.. They are breaching the door, it is a 4 man team, where it is assumed that the first person to break the door open and enter will a) is as good as dead if the mission is meet with unexpected scenarios b) his # 2 fails to secure his side.

A scenario is when you breach open a door in CQB, (4 man team) 1 breaks the door, lobs a gernade (smoke, flash or any other) if there is no hostgaes inside, if not then they plow through that door and moves to the rightand secures it. 2 is right behind him and his job is to secure the center/top/down of the room, 3 enters right behind him and secures the left/behind the door and 4 waits outside so the team doesn't get ambushed. 4 doesn't enter inside until told all clear or a status check yeilds no head count. The idea of entering all at once is called "massive suppressive fire" assuming that if you are moving quickly your enemy at best will get killed and take out your first guy at most.

Now there are plenty of situations where the enemy has been successful. they have placed broke glasses, put obstacles to hinder breaking through the door to deny the element of surprise, but this is where training, trust in your guys & luck plays it part. But for CQB this is the norm.

NOTE: how the knee pad of the Marco's kept on sliding down, they might wanna highlight this in their AAR, or tie a lil knot at the end to ensure that it stays in place!
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Indian naval commandos use smoke canisters during a rescue demonstration in a rehearsal for forthcoming Navy Day celebrations in front of The Gateway of India in Mumbai on December 2, 2010. The Indian Navy will celebrate December 4, as Navy Day which is a tribute to the maritime operations of the Indian Navy during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war.
source: gettyimages
Last edited by vdutta on 04 Dec 2010 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Indian naval commandos use smoke canisters during a rescue demonstration in a rehearsal for forthcoming Navy Day celebrations in front of The Gateway of India in Mumbai on December 2, 2010. The Indian Navy will celebrate December 4, as Navy Day which is a tribute to the maritime operations of the Indian Navy during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war.
source: gettyimages
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

vdutta wrote:Image
What kind of diving gear is this ... dont see any cylinders
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

These are without a doubt..the most badass pictures I have ever seen.
Now, bring on the comparison pics of western TFTA forces. :twisted:

Looks like us SDREs too have learn psy ops.
I hope IA is looking...would love to see some psy ops from PARA SF. :twisted: Though I admit...there is a very slim chance of that.

Thanks a lot vdutta for these fabulous images.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

vdutta wrote:
Which weapon is that? Doesn't look like mp5....or am I confused from the angle?
ParGha
BRFite

Post by ParGha »

Gaur wrote:Which weapon is that? Doesn't look like mp5....or am I confused from the angle?
It is an MP5.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Thanks. I always get confused when I see mp5 from that angle...the barrel looks very different and bulged to me from that angle. I remember getting confused once before by a Police SF (greyhound?) pic because of the same thing. :)
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

An Indian police commando stands guard in front of the Taj Mahal palace hotel in Mumbai on November 25, 2010 ahead of the second anniversary of the November 26, 2008 Mumbai attacks. A total of 166 people were killed and more than 300 others were injured when 10 heavily-armed Islamist militants stormed the city on November 26, 2008, attacking a number of sites, including the city's main railway station, two luxury hotels, a popular tourist restaurant and a Jewish centre.
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Indian naval commandos take part in a rescue demonstration during a rehearsal for forthcoming Navy Day celebrations in front of The Gateway of India in Mumbai on December 2, 2010. The Indian Navy will celebrate December 4, as Navy Day which is a tribute to the maritime operations of the Indian Navy during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. AFP PHOTO/Punit PARANJPE (Photo credit should read PUNIT PARANJPE/AFP/Getty Images)
An Indian naval commando rappels down a rope during a rescue demonstration in a rehearsal for the upcoming Navy Day celebrations in front of The Gateway of India in Mumbai on December 2, 2010. Indian Navy will celebrate December 4 as Navy Day which is a tribute to the maritime operations of the Indian Navy during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. AFP PHOTO/ Punit PARANJPE (Photo credit should read PUNIT PARANJPE/AFP/Getty Images)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Aditya G wrote:
What kind of diving gear is this ... dont see any cylinders
Gas masks I guess. Not diving gear.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

shiv wrote: <SNIP>

Gas masks I guess. Not diving gear.
Shive garu, me thinks that is the rebreather. Described by wiki as:
A rebreather is a type of breathing set that provides a breathing gas containing oxygen and recycled exhaled gas. This recycling reduces the volume of breathing gas used, making a rebreather lighter and more compact than an open-circuit breathing set for the same duration in environments where humans cannot safely breathe from the atmosphere. In the armed forces it is sometimes called "CCUBA" (Closed Circuit Underwater Breathing Apparatus).
Please to see pic here: http://www.dtro.com/images/SEALs.gif
Pratik_S
BRFite

Post by Pratik_S »

shiv wrote:No shit Sherlock. But your 18 year old self seems to have no trouble lecturing the forum on what colors the IAF should use without knowing about colors yourself. Do you believe your pompous ignorance will be given the go-by?
I dint expected such a uncivilized response from a veteran member like yourself. There are millions of colours in the world and you cannot expect one to know their names. I suppose you have many friends in the military, please go and ask them whether what I said about the IAF getting embarrassed about their uniform colors during Red Flag is true or not.
Your status in this forum might allow you to get away with crap but please no shitting with me.
shiv wrote:Image
Gas masks I guess. Not diving gear.[/quote]

Its a rebreather, could be used for diving !
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Rebreather
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

M4 carbine? Seeing it for the first time in Indian hands. And it says "Indian police commando". Meaning what? Force One?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

^^^Yup.... In fact the Force One unit stationed at the US Embassy in Breach Candy, Mumbai is always equipped with a M4 or its longer cousin, M16... Standing in or next to the Marksman vehicle...
Tried to take a pic of him when i had visited the Breach Candy Hospital, but was shooed away by the mean looking SDRE cop-commando...
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Aditya G wrote: What kind of diving gear is this ... dont see any cylinders
vdutta wrote:
It is a rebreather as pointed earlier by members and see at the lower portion of the apparatus in the above pic u can see the oxygen cylinder.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pratik_S wrote: I dint expected such a uncivilized response from a veteran member like yourself.
Really? I didn't expect a comment as silly as the one you made from anyone, veteran or not.

No mention of Red Flag and embarrassment in the original post - something that you are now puling out to cover up an obviously ill thought out and completely uncalled for bout of verbal diarrhea.
This is what you said, in case you forgot.
Pratik_S wrote:IAF pilots still using blue uniform ? Didn't the IAF decide to change the blue uniform into green when they found out they look ridiculous in the blue uniform covered by a green G-suit ?

Blue= navy blue, don't know the correct name of the colour.
Are you now trying to explain away that comment by saying that the IAF changed the color of the uniform because of embarrassment caused to them during Rad Flag? Because their uniforms did not match the G-suit? Sounds like a bluff to me.
Last edited by shiv on 04 Dec 2010 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Screen grab fromAgnipankh showing live R-60 rounds on MiG-21 Bis.

By vayusena at 2010-12-03

The shooting seems to have been done mostly in Lohegaon and Srinagar or one of the other J&K bases.

Btw the movie is worth avoidinng ...basically a B-grade film. The interesting part is the dogfight between 3 x MiG-21 and 2 x F-16 which leads to loss of 2 of ours in return for 1 F-16 :((
Pratik_S
BRFite

Post by Pratik_S »

@Shiv
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Blue-to-g ... 38078.aspx
http://www.hindustantimes.com/This-suit ... 38231.aspx

IAF, did change it colors to match international standards. There was another article which clearly said that IAF pilots were embarrassed because of their mis-matched uniforms but I couldn't find it. May be it was taken down by a one sided patriotic jingo like yourself. For any airforce in the world looks matter as it is part of their culture.

I am not interested in a fight club, so this will be my last comment in this matter. I also deny all accusation made by you in your previous comment as I made not attempts to cover-up anything.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Gaur wrote:These are without a doubt..the most badass pictures I have ever seen.
Now, bring on the comparison pics of western TFTA forces. :twisted:

Looks like us SDREs too have learn psy ops.
I hope IA is looking...would love to see some psy ops from PARA SF. :twisted: Though I admit...there is a very slim chance of that.

Thanks a lot vdutta for these fabulous images.
Where is GJ's SF pics thread when we need it? Seems like SDREs have all the shiny kit too - they are just naturally shy of showing off, thats all :twisted:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

shanksinha wrote:Oct 9, 2010 HAl Airport Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Image Copyright Devesh Agarwal via jetphotos.net
Looks like the flight testbed for the MiG-27 Upgrade (see report below on Bangalore aviation from Devesh Agarwal) with a new EW suite as mentioned in news reports. There seems to be a new fitment just beside the Indian flag on the aircraft stabilizer. In comparison, see this picture of the same aircraft earlier:

http://frontierindia.net/wp-content/upl ... 00x212.jpg

The picture of the new aircraft is from this site:
http://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2010/1 ... force.html

And the news report I am referring to is here:
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/repor ... 27_1471748
Announcing the latest achievement in the country’s defence warfare capabilities, Dr Prahlada, chief controller, R&D (Ae&SI) of DRDO, speaking on the sidelines of the India National Electronic Warfare Workshop (EWWI-2010) in the city, said the technical know-how would bring India on par with the rest of the world.

“We have successfully integrated the present electronic warfare (EW) systems with MiG-27 fighters. It will be operational from 2011. Similarly, we’ll integrate EW systems with MiG-29 fighters and Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA) by 2011. They are likely to be operational by 2012,” said Prahlada.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Just look at the vertical tail fin, at it's root it is almost as long as half the fuselage. :)
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

^^ Didnt understand? Are you talking of the one that is stowed on landing and take off?

A higher resolution version of the same picture
http://www.jetphotos.net//viewphoto.php?id=6951056
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

he is talking of the general design of the flogger. the tailfin extends upto the mid of the fuselage.

speaking of migs, an absolutely gorgeous pic.

rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

^^^source please..and higher resolution...this is wallpaer material.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rohitvats wrote:^^^source please..and higher resolution...this is wallpaer material.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xEPY/T ... C00538.JPG

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/12/ru ... g-29k.html

it is my desktop background at the moment. :)
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

more from the same stack