Internal Security Watch

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by Rahul M »

X-post.

seldon saar, I agree, they are important only upto a point.

http://greatbong.net/2009/10/29/the-phantom-menace/
Yet what provokes me to post is that for many what she says about Naxals finds resonance in that Naxals are considered to be “independent” Robin Hoods fighting the system on behalf of the dispossessed, a militant reaction to state-oppression from tribals and other marginalized folks. This explains why the arrest of people like Chhatradhar Mahato is met with email petitions (like this one) [the argument being that Mahato is not a Naxal but a tribal leader even though Naxals were holding hostages demanding the release of "non-Naxal" Mahato) and people, like our prime minister, go to great lengths to point out that Naxals are not terrorists .
The argument as to who is a "terrorist" and who is "misguided youth" is a never-ending one (For instance, in the Western "liberal" media, the people who attacked WTC are terrorists but those who attacked the Indian parliament are "militants") that has been fought over so many times that it is not worth going into again. However what requires comment is that Naxals are anything but the "little guys fighting for justice pushed into a corner" that their PR people like Ms. Roy would have us believe. They are an organized army-like entity with a leadership structure whose principal goal is the destruction of the Indian state and the rule of law. They terrorize the populations they claim to protect, extort and appropriate resources from the dispossessed and engage in violence against people who do not represent the state. Their arms are sophisticated, they are financed by India's enemies and they are allied with SIMI tapping into their organization and their funding channels.
Read the full article.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

Will Mamta allow Home Ministry the freedom to deal with her "ally" Mahato and his cadres as the ministry seems fit or will she use him and her "brothers" to remove the WB government by more such agitations ? Although the WB gov. is the least liked and deservedly so, Mamta creating another "moderate" Jernail Singh is far more dangerous.

Mamta and Mahato
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

PTI.

* Top Muslim body opposes Vande Mataram recitation

Deoband (UP)/New Delhi, Nov 3 (PTI) A top Muslim body today asked members of the community not to recite 'Vande Mataram' on the grounds that some verses of the national song are against the tenets of Islam, sparking condemnation from the BJP.

The Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind opposition to the recitation of the song came when it supported seminary Darul Uloom's 'fatwa' (edict) which opposes any prayer involving the song.

"The fatwa of Darul Uloom (opposing recitation of Vande Mataram) is correct," said one of the 25 resolutions passed today at its 30th general session in Deoband in the presence of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram.

Darul Uloom's fatwa department had issued the edict in 2006 describing recitation of Vande Mataram as anti-Islamic.

Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said the resolution is not acceptable and it is against Constitutional provisions.

"During the freedom struggle, it was a motivational song.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Continuing with the 'Love Jehad', Frontline article

The voice against love jehad by Christian organizations too is rather troubling to The Hindu.
The most unexpected statement came from the Church, which itself had often been the target of Hindu fundamentalists for growing evangelistic activities in the State. The KCBC’s Commission for Social Harmony and Vigilance made the startling allegation that a survey conducted in all the parishes under it had found that 2,866 Catholic women had been converted to Islam by the ‘Romeo Jehadis’. It also gave a detailed break-up of the women who converted to Islam in each of the 14 districts of the State. Similarly, the SNDP Yogam alleged that the Ezhava community, too, was being targeted by such forces and that nearly 500 women had been converted to Islam in recent years. According to leaders of the RSS and the BJP, “nearly 4,000 non-Muslim women have so far been tricked into conversion by such ‘love jehadis’”.

An impression soon gained ground that an organisation by the very name ‘Love Jehad’ or ‘Romeo Jehad’ had started functioning in Kerala and that it was receiving funds from abroad. There were also wild, unsubstantiated accusations that young Muslim men were being offered money, bikes, trendy attire and other support systems “to woo several non-Muslim women into marriage and beget children” and that these women were later being forced into illegal activities, including “drug trafficking, smuggling, and terrorism”.
To the question “how many school and college students and youngsters were thus converted to Islam in the last three years?” the DGP said: “Except for the two cases under consideration now, no specific complaints have been received regarding such compulsive love-based conversions” and that in the two cases, “the police have registered cases and are actively investigating the matter”.

The DGP further said that though “certain allegations have recently cropped up indicating that some organisations have devised plans for compulsive or deceitful religious conversions by winning over girls, no actionable information has been received by the police so far to confirm the fact that any organisation is indulging in such activities”.

He, however, informed the court that “a very large number of inter-religious marriages are taking place every year” in the State and that “many conversions are taking place on that basis” even though “the exact details or the exact numbers of such marriages are not readily available with any police agency”. Significantly, then, the police chief went on to say in conclusion: “At the same time, there are reasons to suspect that there are concerted attempts to persuade girls to change their religion after they fall in love with Muslim boys. There is also unconfirmed source information received by the department that some groups are actively working among youngsters encouraging conversions by such techniques; that young men who are engaged in such pursuits are said to be receiving funds from abroad directly or indirectly for purchasing clothes and vehicles and for availing legal help etc; and that they have links with other places in India also.”
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

SSridhar wrote:Continuing with the 'Love Jehad', Frontline article
To the question “how many school and college students and youngsters were thus converted to Islam in the last three years?” the DGP said: “Except for the two cases under consideration now, no specific complaints have been received regarding such compulsive love-based conversions” and that in the two cases, “the police have registered cases and are actively investigating the matter”.
The main targets are not college going girls but married housewives.
During the mysore riots police had seized a letter from PFI office.
It was arabic and was translated.
In the letter PFI was instructing its cadres to visit women when husbands are not at home and try to get close to them.
Plan was to eventually force them to desert their husbands and convert.
This info is an open secret but somehow the DGP doesnt seem to know this or doesnt want to speak about.
More this crime is suppressed, more this will flare up later.
Here we are talking about thousands of women who have been trapped.
This could snowball into riots in multiple cities if the police doesnt crackdown on these fake conversion rings.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Avinash R wrote:Frontline article
There lies the catch. In the two cases mentioned the police was forced to investigate (one was an X'ian girl, another a friend of her's a Hindu). So the K.P DGP says that the case is getting investigated. But there could be numerous other cases, in which the police was not informed of such things, or they are not doing a proper investigation. Remember, in many cases the girl's family would always try to suffer in silence rather than taking the case to the court/police. Where as in the same statement DGP has said that he (so means his police as well) is aware of certain organisations following the agenda of 'Love Jehad'. The court has asked him to clearly explain this contradiction when the next hearing is to happen.

The DGP's original statement was more on the likes like "I know a team which plays football, have won some games, but there is no formal "club" registered in the area, which says that they are a "football club" ;)".
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Sachin wrote:"I know a team which plays football, have won some games, but there is no formal "club" registered in the area, which says that they are a "football club" ;)".
Pretty well sums up the attitude of the DGP :D
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Last Saturday I attended a talk by Mr Pillai - Union Home Secretary at the Bishop Cotton's boy's school in Bangalore. It was the "General Thimmaiah Memorial lecture" and the topic was "India's Internal security, challenges and responses"I really should have types out my report earllier but various things delayed me. Anyhow a little report on the event appeared in the Times of India which I scanned - you can click on the image below to read the report, and below that is my own report.

The talk was attended by some fairly high profile people including some retired service officers - some of whom I know, and other whom I met, albeit briefly. Among the latter group were AM Fali Major, former CAS, Adm Shekhawat, former CNS, Admiral Dawson, former CNS, AM Rajkumar and many others. I also met the parents of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. I was completely choked up for words and all I could do was stand with my mouth shut and my hands folded for a few moments in front of them. What do you say when you meet the parents of a dead hero who sacrificed his life because India does not have the resolve to buttkick terrorists? ? Thanks? Sorry? Hello? Namaskaar?

Mr Pillai gave a very nice talk, although his powerpoint slides were janata quality. He spoke of 3 major internal security challenges, Pakistan, North East and Naxals.

About Pakistan Pillai only spoke of the anti-terror mechanisms put in place after 26/11 and claimed that the only reason we have had a 11 month lull is the arrest of Madanai, but that terror attacks were sure to start again.

The saddest part of his talk was about the North East. The North Est is an area that is misunderstod by most Indians. To me even the people on this form who imagine that it is patriotic to talk of a specific core definition for India and the "vermin" that India has are already half way down the route to rejecting the North east as more foreign than Bangladesh.

When you talk about the North East one can more easily understand what "modern India" is about. Modern India is a conglomeration of many proud Indian states, some are tribal states and other are old established kingdoms. Each has a history and culture which is sometimes quite different from the various "cores" we seem to discuss on here - starting from diet and religion. Mr Pillai's message on the NE was mixed. The insurgencies are settling but India needs to integrate the people and states of the NE mush better. This is not helped by a bureaucracy that wear the same blinkers as the core India seekers who will not find the core they are looking for in the North east. Two specific problems stand out. Ham handed Indian attempts from lack of understanding of the North East have led to people hedging their bets. They know that they are Indian but when their culture is crushed the only people they can rely on to help are their own militant rebels. Are we the rest of India willing to accept the tribes of the NE without burying them alive? The second problem is demographic. Some decades ago India actively asked people to migrate to the NE. Now the NE is so full that the indigenous people are a minority and feel threatened. And the migrants are not just "Bangladeshis" whom I will deal with separately.

The saddest story is that of Manipur - a proud kingdom that had a constitution of its own - a kingdom that relinquished its independence by signing the instrument of accession to India. Now Manipur is a forgotten corner of India whose people are called "c**nks" by Indians.

Bangladesh. Migration from Bangladesh is mainly economic. Bangladesh is set to drown as the sea level rises from climate change. The people will not want to drown. Guess where they will go?

Naxals. Naxals are the biggest threat. They are more organised and they are patient. Successive state governments have been so callous that there are huge tracts of India where a government functionary has not set foot in for decades. There is an 8000 sq km area in Jharkhand where the last time a govt functionary stepped in was in 1971. The area is isolated and there is a river to cross. If anyone tries to build a bridge now the naxals will kill the workers and blow up the works. This is our own Waziristan/FATA (my words, not Pillais) The naxals sit across the coal mines and power heartland of India. Even a 10 day Naxal organised strike will stop coal supply to various plants and affect the economy opf the country.

Mr Pillai noted that he was unable to understand how state governments were unable to bring in police reform and add to the police forces. He said that the sate chief minster has the power to offer 3 lakh government jobs to policemen - which is such an attractive and vote wining thing that it is inconceivable why India has among the lowest police population ratios in the world (see news item linked above)

A posting to far out areas is a punishment posting and the worst people get posted there. Those rotters treat the locals badly and it is no wonder that people become Naxals or rebels in the NE. All these rebels/Naxals are funded by extortion. Every government servant or businessmen pays extortion fees and in a sense it is the Government of India itself that funds these people.

I will stop now - have to go. More later if I remember any further details.
Umrao Das
BRFite

Post by Umrao Das »

Reading the post itself gave me knots in my stomach, I can understand what Shiv ji must have felt.

Yes my uncle served in Manipur as GE ( Garrison Engineer in the early 1962 63) The features of those beautiful ladies almost resemble Koreans that I see in massa land or good old Sanyo transistor radio advertisement girls of 1960s in National Geographic magazines of those days.

We in other parts of India need education (yes specially for the "elite") about NE India. According to Vasthu NE is the place of Laxmi devata (and Kubera) so we better respect them and treat them well.

One can see the special costumes of manipuri dancers during ID and RD parades.

Yes we need to focus on them and ask them aswell settle in interior parts of India too..

Thanks for the post
and await next installment. before I ramble further...
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Shiv wrote
Bangladesh. Migration from Bangladesh is mainly economic. Bangladesh is set to drown as the sea level rises from climate change. The people will not want to drown. Guess where they will go?
Is this a justification of migration (illegal migration). There can be other ways to save that country. Illegal immigration and robbing the jobs/welfare of the poor of this country is no solution. We already see the disturbance caused by this migration.
Will be waiting for some clarification(requesting very kindly) from you
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

shiv wrote: Naxals.
that there are huge tracts of India where a government functionary has not set foot in for decades. There is an 8000 sq km area in Jharkhand where the last time a govt functionary stepped in was in 1971.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1091104/j ... 697058.jsp
Maoist base out of bound for forces
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rkirankr wrote: Will be waiting for some clarification(requesting very kindly) from you
Nothing to clarify. Merely stating what the home secretary indicated.

Oh I just recalled some other things he said. Bangladeshis come to India for jobs apparently. "India would be happy to see a prosperous Bangladesh that can give jobs to its own people"
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

all these dark territories will have to be criss crossed by roads and rails to manage the situation. quite an expensive and long affair but there is no other way out.

for decades, road and rail development in north-east was paid lip service.
there is no railway to any NE state capital except assam. roads are pretty bad to nonexistent in many parts. arunachal has no east-west roads at all "slow down the chinese they say".

suppose on day1 of a war, the chinese use their best pilots and planes in daring raid that drops the 3 brahmaputra bridges in the morning.

your move next.
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

Gentlemen,

forget about BPJ, 155 mm, PAC-III yada yada.

There is only one thing that troubles me about the present situation.
Its what you guys have also mentioned.

when will the Kangrass move its butt on infrastructure hain?

making beeg announcements about dedicated freight corridor and all is okay, but what is happening on the ground level hain?

being secular and all is nice. but bhere is the promised infrastructure boom hain? the one thing that can take us to a really high growth trajectory due to bhaat is known as second order effects?
Last edited by D Roy on 05 Nov 2009 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Stan_Savljevic-> 50,000 SqKm in India and no government, You simply dont have soo much remote forest India let alone the 3 states of Jharkhand, Maharastra and Chatisgarh. Sorry to pour cold water on Maoist supporters but this stuff is simply not true.These reporters sit in thier A/C rooms and peddle thier ideology
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

rkirankr wrote:Shiv wrote
Is this a justification of migration (illegal migration). There can be other ways to save that country. Illegal immigration and robbing the jobs/welfare of the poor of this country is no solution. We already see the disturbance caused by this migration.
Will be waiting for some clarification(requesting very kindly) from you
I have been watching the progress on the border fencing at the Indo-Bangla border for quite a while. All I can say is that both from reports and Official numbers on progress, the fence will be done by march. In fact the progress for the months in this year have been beyond the set target by close to 12%. The roads will also be done soon. Now what will happen if there is a climate change in bangla is a different issue. But the mind set of the BSF and Home ministry of late clearly shows that they are not tolerating banglas any more (why they are now taking a different stance might be due to multiple compulsions which will be off topic). So if a ministry and the BSF have a strong mindset, if there are climate refugees, its not very difficult to ward them off.

Again I have numbers also by the month on fencing and roads, which i have been following very carefully. I can also upload one on BR if needed.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the millions of bangladeshis nurtured and protected by the congress(I) in assam and CPIM in WB will be a sore in our butt for many generations. I realize they are not going back, but stout efforts are needed to 'indianize' them and drain the pus of islamism and violence from their beings.

its quite evident India doesnt have the resources to support another 150mil BDs even say 50 years from now.

the countries with surplus land and resources like australia, canada, usa, brazil and argentina will have to step in to resettle the uprooted people. and countries with surplus cash but no land can atleast donate some cash - uk, germany, france, nordics.

we are not in a position to donate any more land and our cash is always short.
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

muraliravi wrote:Again I have numbers also by the month on fencing and roads, which i have been following very carefully. I can also upload one on BR if needed.
Please do. Not often do we get to see concrete action by GoI
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

ANd lez get real, unlike compassionate GoI, myanmar has shown that it will maroon hapless innocent enviro-refugeese BDs in the open ocean in a boat without a paddle. IN rescued some who gratefully thanked allah for saving them, conveniently forgetting to mention the IN.

The burmese option, seems to me might just appeal to our NE states - they will clamor to be ruled from rangoon than from dilli, seems like.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

rajkumar wrote:
muraliravi wrote:Again I have numbers also by the month on fencing and roads, which i have been following very carefully. I can also upload one on BR if needed.
Please do. Not often do we get to see concrete action by GoI
The chankiian (or charitable) interpretation is that GoI has been moving and working behind the scenes all along and its just that we don';t know about it because GoI doesn't want to alarm and awake the gora-awardees/pimtelligentsia/ soshall activist types within Des.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:the millions of bangladeshis nurtured and protected by the congress(I) in assam and CPIM in WB will be a sore in our butt for many generations. I realize they are not going back, but stout efforts are needed to 'indianize' them and drain the pus of islamism and violence from their beings.

its quite evident India doesnt have the resources to support another 150mil BDs even say 50 years from now.

the countries with surplus land and resources like australia, canada, usa, brazil and argentina will have to step in to resettle the uprooted people. and countries with surplus cash but no land can atleast donate some cash - uk, germany, france, nordics.

we are not in a position to donate any more land and our cash is always short.

Boss,

These guys are now sitting in rural Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, spreading like flies.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

indians down south are not aware of the danger seeping in. I met a Coorg plantation owner whose homestay we went to - due to good monsoon that yr, the local casual labour had gone away to tend to their own land. some 'agency' based in north east was sending him BD labour and he had paid them train tickets and was going to pick them from somewhere. so obviously these 'agencies' have 'brokers' in all parts of the south to place people.
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

are we or are we not Fencing the BD border?
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

On what thought process may be evolving,

I point to a statement made by a Bihar politician ( one of the top three )

' jitne aaye hain unko regularize kar dena chaahiye, lekin aur nahin aane dena chaahiye"

now I hear about border fencing picking steam, zero tolerance etc

and we all know that a new national id scheme is in the offing.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:
shiv wrote: Naxals.
that there are huge tracts of India where a government functionary has not set foot in for decades. There is an 8000 sq km area in Jharkhand where the last time a govt functionary stepped in was in 1971.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1091104/j ... 697058.jsp
Maoist base out of bound for forces
This is an area which was well known to my grandfather - he spent many years of his life there during setting up of the Dandakaranya Project (even killed a huge Bengal Tiger while there to save a tribal villager (without a gun), but that is another story). My father remembers the place as the remotest of remote (at that time Maharaja of Bastar Pravin Bhanjadeo was still alive) with tribals living the way they had for centuries with no GoI/state govt. representation/help and tigers roaming free with animal attacks very common - truly a very neglected portion of India. The Maoists are not the only ones who can be blamed in this case.
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

Yes and remember this is where nehru wanted to re-settle east pakistani refugees!

and the communist parties latched on to it in a big way to get the east bengali vote in south WB.

On a different note,

A nice post on you grandfather's exploits won't do any harm.

I am sure others want to hear that story as well. :)
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Here is the table i made with inputs from regular press release, bsf release and home ministry reports

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

wrt bangla border, So as of march 09, of the sanctioned 3437 kms for fencing, we had fenced 2650 kms. I dont have data for april, may 2009 (but the overall data by month should be released in 2010 in the annual report). So in June, july, august, sep and oct, the table has details for roads, fencing and fencing in the rehaul. Apart from the usual fencing, some fencing (861 kms) has to be re-done. Of this rehaul until march 2009, 367 kms of fencing was done. And again i could not get data for april, may. For june until oct the table has data for rehaul fencing.

So as of march 2009, basically 3437-2650 = 787 fencing needed. Of the rehaul 861-367 = 494 needed. But rehaul is just relay, the fences are still intact. So of the 787, in the last 6 months they have covered approx more than 100 kms.

So at this pace (the pace is improving if you look at this table), they should be done soon. I hope most of the work is being done on the west bengal border, since they have most deficit.

Next, numbers on illegal immigration are always disputable. I have a copy of Gen AK Sinha's report in 1998 where he sayd there are 10 million as of that day by his estimate (if you read his report you will also find that of the 10 million 75 lakhs are hindu bangla refugees). But he started warning the givt right from then. Now in 10 years here is my take (completely subjective and baseless). Even if there are 500 people every day who come in illegally the net migration in the 10 years would be 365*500*10 approx 2 million. I dont go by reports which report 6000 people entering every day (totally incomprehensible).

Anyway i dont have much hope of deporting those who have come in. But as of now, just looking at the numbers alone, one can easily say that the GOI is doing good at fencing the border fast. Of course the current GOI wont go gaga about this for obvious reasons.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:indians down south are not aware of the danger seeping in. I met a Coorg plantation owner whose homestay we went to - due to good monsoon that yr, the local casual labour had gone away to tend to their own land. some 'agency' based in north east was sending him BD labour and he had paid them train tickets and was going to pick them from somewhere. so obviously these 'agencies' have 'brokers' in all parts of the south to place people.

Once in, these guys never return.

They in turn motivate others of their tribe to head directly for the south.

Where the situation is not so conducive, they ever readily adopt Hindu names.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Muraliravi, fantastic work.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

SSridhar wrote:Muraliravi, fantastic work.
Thanks, I will keep updating that sheet and maybe very soon will start just a thread to store the numbers there.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Continuing with the above on ULFA,
Bangladesh hands over the two top ULFA leaders to India
With about a month to go for Bangladesh premier Sheikh Hasina’s visit Dhaka, in a significant move, handed over two key officials of the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa), the banned anti-India insurgent group, to Indian authorities on Wednesday night. Sources in the Home Ministry confirmed that Ulfa’s foreign secretary Sasha Choudhury and finance secretary Chitrabon Hazarika were handed over by the Bangladesh Rifles to their counterparts in the BSF after Bangladesh intel l igence sleuths arrested them from a safe house in Dhaka's Uttara area on Sunday.

Sources also said that Bangladesh security agencies have started cracking down heavily on other anti-India insurgent groups like the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) and National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB). Sniffing an imminent crackdown Ulfa’S commanderin- chief Paresh Barua is said to have fled to China’s Yunnan province last week from where he buys regular supplies of armaments for Ulfa from North China Industries Corp (NORINCO). Norinco, sources in the intelligence agencies say, supplies extremely close copies of world famous killer machine guns, sub-machine guns, AK 47s, snipers and pistols to Ulfa. Besides using these for itself, Ulfa also smuggles them to supply to other insurgent groups including the CPI (Maoist).

Sources said Bangladesh authorities had assured Delhi of even greater cooperation in the coming months, of their resolve to finish off most of the ant i - India insurgent groups' bases in Bangladesh and also of the possible handing over of top leaders like Ranjan Daimary of the pro-sovereignty faction of NDFB, Biswamohan Debbarma of NLFT and Ranjit Debbarma of the All Tripura Tiger Force besides the Ulfa top shots - Paresh Barua and Anup Chetia.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

What is not well-mentioned is that Sasha Choudhury was arrested in the early-90s or so, was released on bail and he absconded from that point and up. We are probably the worst country in terms of upholding human rights and releasing known oiseaules on bail. How many times will we catch and release thugs on bail? :evil: Add this to Ilyas Kashmiri types.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ULFA payrolls a panel of lawyers and HR NGOs in guwahati and upper assam whose job is to ---

- create a noise in media whenever ulfa are arrested alleging wrong arrest, illegal detention , torture
- force the police to handover detainees into judicial custody from police custody asap
- arrange bail and funds
- harass the army legally on all avenues
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:These guys are now sitting in rural Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, spreading like flies.
Kerala is also not an exception. The migrant labour population these days are all from the North Eastern parts of India. There were reports two years back about Oriya and Bengali farming hands brought in to do the work in the paddy fields. Thanks to the "socialist revolution" which happened in Kerala getting local farm hands is non-existant. The police also do not follow up much on them, and honestly nobody knows how many Bangladeshis come in posing as Bengalis. The farmer/agriculturist is also not bothered if he gets his job done.

It is quite true that security awareness (for the whole country India) is very less in Kerala. Keralites got their first shock when they came to know about few Mallus getting encountered at J&K.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Apart from the Bangladeshis, there is a huge influx of Nepalis into Tamilnadu, especially in Chennai and in my neighbourhood. Every third or fourth person on my road is a Nepali. I lodged an FIR with the police and while they accepted it, told me that they are in large numbers in some pockets of South and Central Tamilnadu also. They are watching them closely, I was assured. Next day, after the FIR was accepted, I saw policemen talking to these Nepalis in my area. They also visited me discreetly. One pleasant surprise at the Police Station was the courtesey extended, and immediate acceptance of the FIR. While I have nothing against the Nepalis per se, I am concerned by the Maoists there, treatment meted out to Indians there and the circulation of FICN by them.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SSridhar wrote:Apart from the Bangladeshis, there is a huge influx of Nepalis into Tamilnadu, especially in Chennai and in my neighbourhood. Every third or fourth person on my road is a Nepali. I lodged an FIR with the police and while they accepted it, told me that they are in large numbers in some pockets of South and Central Tamilnadu also. They are watching them closely, I was assured. Next day, after the FIR was accepted, I saw policemen talking to these Nepalis in my area. They also visited me discreetly. One pleasant surprise at the Police Station was the courtesey extended, and immediate acceptance of the FIR. While I have nothing against the Nepalis per se, I am concerned by the Maoists there, treatment meted out to Indians there and the circulation of FICN by them.
The suburbs of Bangalore are home to large populations of people from the northeast as well as nepalis. This is a recent phenomenon over the last one to one and a half years. All the salesman and woman jobs in the shops are gone to these folks as also the jobs in small and medium hotels ( except Darshinis).

They seem to be mostly involved in church related activities as their attendance in local churches has risen.

A raj thakeray like situation will soon sprout as there is much local resentment at this influx.

Circulation of fake currency has definitely risen because many new cases are daily coming to light causing difficulties in local shops.

Some hoardings advertising local colleges are surprisingly featuring a pretty girl with distinct north eastern features.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

but as per the constitution, people from NE and Nepal can work and stay anywhere in India. many are not aware that Nepalis have apparently
been given the right to stay and work without any docs, except vote.

passport on border was introduced onlee couple yrs back.

I am sure one can distinguish between people of mongoloid feature from the above two and BD :mrgreen:

but how do you distinguish people from WB, BD and Tripura :((

EJ's have enough of foot soldiers from the locals everywhere - they do not
need to import infantry from elsewhere.