J & K news and discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby SSridhar » 02 Nov 2009 20:32

James B wrote:http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl2519/stories/20080926251907800.htm

. . . how much of this massacre of muslims (2,37,000) in Jammu by Hari Singh is true. Can anybody throw light about this event??.

I have personally never heard of a massacre of that scale. In fact, the British Government's reports, from the British resident in the Princely State, always depicted a far less communal tension there.

This seems to be a feverish imagination and yet to be fair to the author of this imagination, he also says
“2,37,000 Muslims were systematically exterminated – unless they escaped to Pakistan along the border – . . ."

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby jamwal » 02 Nov 2009 21:07

How can such trash articles get published in "reputed" national publications ? :roll:

I doubt if total population of muslims in Jammu was 237000 that time.
All of muslims casualities post independence have been due to due to Baki tribals in 1947 and terrorists after that. There've been no communal riots in J&K AFAIK except the massacre and displacement of Hindus from Kashmir and many Muslim majority areas in Jammu

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby jamwal » 02 Nov 2009 21:12

pgbhat wrote:In J&K, pre-paid mobile connections banned
“Pre-paid connections are prone to misuse. Anyone wanting a mobile connection can always go in for a post-paid connection in Jammu and Kashmir. I think the problem is not so acute in the north-eastern States; we may also have to look at the situation in there,” Mr. Chidambaram said at his monthly stock-taking press conference. He said all service providers have been informed and they had promised to implement the decision.

The decision follows reports that proper verification was not being done while providing such connections by the service providers and vendors. Fake documents and identity numbers were reportedly being used by the vendors particularly, in the case of pre-paid connections. This had given rise to security concerns, officials said.

Like it's any more difficult to get post paid connections. Such retarded decisions cause only inconvenience to ordinary people. Terrorists can make use of Baki mobile signals in most of border areas where Indian tel cos have negligible presence. Talk about getting "alienated" people to join Indian mainstream.

Tamang
BRFite

Postby Tamang » 02 Nov 2009 22:31

Saw a breaking news ticker on IBN 7 (Hindi), "Bhaloo (Bear) ne 2 Hizbul Aantakwadiyon ko maara"

:shock: :twisted:

amdavadi
BRFite

Postby amdavadi » 02 Nov 2009 22:43

Dont you know bhaloo(bear) in JK are part of COIN operation. They are always undercover like our MARCOS boys.

ManuT
BRFite

Postby ManuT » 02 Nov 2009 23:06

Tamang wrote:Saw a breaking news ticker on IBN 7 (Hindi), "Bhaloo (Bear) ne 2 Hizbul Aantakwadiyon ko maara"

:shock: :twisted:

Took me while to post this link.
Had to stop laughing first.

Quote:
For the first time in 20 years of militancy in Jammu and Kashmir, two Hizbul Mujahideen militants have been killed in a bear attack.
Two AK-47 rifles, which were in their possession, have also been found.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/two_hizb ... _in_jk.php

amdavadi
BRFite

Postby amdavadi » 02 Nov 2009 23:17

I was hoping bear would take the AK & shoot the hell out of terrorist, or may be bear would need ak for his personal safety.

Kati
BRFite

Postby Kati » 03 Nov 2009 01:15

Will they get their 72 now?

Bear kills two Hizbul infiltrators in cave
M Saleem Pandit, TNN 3 November 2009, 12:59am IST
SRINAGAR: It seems these are the worst of times to be a militant in Kashmir. First, a Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist was axed to death by a teenage girl in Rajouri roughly a month ago. Now, a bear has mauled two Hizbul Mujahideen militants to death as they hid in its cave in Shopian, South Kashmir.

According to defence spokesman Lt Col J S Brar, the two commanders dared to colonise a bear's cave at Darwal Nar in Pir Panjal in Shopian and paid for it with their lives. For, late on Sunday night, as the two slept, the bear came calling.

"It attacked the armed militants and killed them on the spot," Brar said.

It was only on Monday morning that an Army patrol party saw two bodies inside the cave and, on frisking through their clothes, found that they were Hizbul Mujahideen commanders.

Medical examinations revealed that the two were mauled to death by a bear. The two were identified as Kaisar Ahmad and Saifullah, both residents of Kashmir, the spokesman said.

‘‘Two Ak 47 rifles and some ammunition were recovered from the spot,’’ he added.This is the first known instance in last 20 years of insurgency in J&K of a wild animal attacking and killing militants, who have their hideouts mostly in dense forests or on mountain ranges.

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Postby RoyG » 03 Nov 2009 01:28

That bear deserves a medal lol. Any pics of our furry friend?

anishns
BRFite

Postby anishns » 03 Nov 2009 01:42

RoyG wrote:That bear deserves a medal lol. Any pics of our furry friend?

Though unrelated:

But, this is what a Bear in J&K does for us!

And, this how we reward its cousin in Assam

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Video ... y+mob.html :cry:

(Not for the faint hearted!)
Last edited by anishns on 03 Nov 2009 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

Kati
BRFite

Postby Kati » 03 Nov 2009 01:43

I think ToI-let and other outlets can spread the news in the valley that it was actually a djin in the disguise of a bear took those two HUJIs ..... :rotfl: :rotfl:

anishns
BRFite

Postby anishns » 03 Nov 2009 01:45

When Kasmiriat meets Pakistaniat! :rotfl:

http://business.rediff.com/report/2009/ ... to-pok.htm

Claiming to have been cheated by buyers in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, fruit merchants in Jammu and Kashmir [ Images ] have stopped sending apples to PoK.

Traders say that they did not get a single rupee for the consignments sent to the PoK last year within days of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's [ Images ] call to resolve issues affecting trade.

Fruit merchants in Sopore say that not only were they cheated in fixing the price, but the buyers in PoK also did not pay the Rs 14 lakh (Rs 1.4 million) that they had arbitrarily decided as the price for the supplies they received.

The fruit merchants' grievance is that the government is doing nothing to help them recover the dues and hence the only course of action left to them was to stop supplies of apples to traders in PoK.

"We have no communication links to ascertain the fate of our goods in PoK. . . nor is there any banking facility to insist on receipt of payment before the goods are dispatched," a trader said.

A Srinagar [ Images ] daily quoted Fayaz Ahmad, president of Kashmir Fruit Growers and Dealers Association, as saying that fruit merchants had approached the state's governor, the chief minister, and even the prime minister some time ago, but did not get any response.

Traders suspect that their money has been held up as some vested interests want cross-LoC (line of control) trade to fail.

The daily quoted a trader as saying that he had spoken to some truck drivers during a trip to Salamabad in PoK and they told him that each box of apples fetched about Rs 2,000. The bills received by traders in J&K, however, showed prices ranging from Rs 400 to Rs 500. "The government does not allow telephone calls across LoC to enable us to check actual market prices in PoK," the trader said.

Airavat
BRF Oldie

Postby Airavat » 03 Nov 2009 08:57

James B wrote:SSridhar sir, how much of this massacre of muslims (2,37,000) in Jammu by Hari Singh is true. Can anybody throw light about this event??.

This article is by Noorani, written during last year's Amarnath agitation, when passions were running high and the communal face of the Kashmiris was exposed for all the world to see. Naturally the Chindu had to do something to save the Islamist reputation, and hence the article which cooks up stories from Islamist, Pseudo-secular and Anglo-Saxon sources.

The original claim is made by The Times, quoting an unnamed civil servant, who goes on to make the fantastic claim: ".....This happened in October 1947, five days before the first Pathan invasion and nine days before the Maharaja’s accession to India."

To which moronic Noorani adds: India was, therefore, not responsible one bit. Hari Singh was, personally. Between 1941 and 1961, the Muslim population of Jammu fell from 61 per cent to 38 per cent.

Both these jokers ignore the fact that the Pakistani invasion of J&K State commenced months before the "Pathan invasion"! Starting with an economic blockade, infiltration of men and munitions, cross-border raids, and the siege of the small J&K army units in posts along the 750 mile border. Hari Singh was stranded in Srinagar, the summer capital, with a few hundred men commanded by Brigadier Rajinder Singh. So who was left to carry out these "massacres"?

And secondly Noorani coolly avoids describing the annexation of the Muslim parts of Jammu by the Pakistani invaders, which accounts for the drop in Muslim population. Cunning little rascal isn't he? :twisted:

Another example of Noorani's cunning are his selective quotes: Gandhi said on December 25, 1947: "The Hindus and Sikhs of Jammu and those who had gone there from outside killed Muslims there. The Maharaja of Kashmir is responsible for what is happening there…. Muslim women have been dishonoured."

Rascal does not admit that Shri Gandhi issued a retraction to this statement, as described by Mehr Chand Mahajan, the first Chief Justice of Independent India, who was at that time Prime Minister of J&K State:

"The Sheikh also made an attempt to poison the mind of Mahatma Gandhi against me. He wrote to the Mahatma that Muslims were being killed in Jammu at the instigation of His Highness and myself. Mahatmaji, without even asking me, charged us with these killings, in one of his post-prayer speeches.........I very strongly objected to his action in condemning the killing of Muslims by Hindus without condemning the killings of Hindus by the Muslims. Mahatmaji frankly agreed with me and in the next speech showed every sympathy with those whose kith and kin had been killed in the town of Mirpur."

Then in a long letter Mahajan described how many more Hindus and Sikhs were killed by the Pakistani invaders, and the local communalized Muslims, in places like Kotli, Rawalakot, Mirpur, Bhimber, etc.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 03 Nov 2009 09:56

Battle zone turns into safari park in Kashmir
SRINAGAR: Tourists are now going bear-spotting on :wink: wildlife safaris in a scenic wilderness where Kashmiri fighters and Indian troops used to exchange deadly gunfire.

The start of safaris in Dachigam National Park follows a big drop in insurgency-related violence in the spectacularly beautiful region of grasslands and rocky outcrops, wildlife officials say.

The safari trips through dense forest – the scene of intense gunbattles in the past – in eco-friendly battery-driven cars give visitors a chance to observe nature close-up.

‘We spotted a bear basking in the sun. I’ll always remember that,’ said Mukesh Kumar, a tourist from India’s commercial hub Mumbai.

‘It’s a lifetime experience,’ added Imtiaz Hussain, a local Kashmiri, who was here with his wife and sister, and also spotted a huge black bear.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... hmir-ha-02

rkirankr
BRFite

Postby rkirankr » 03 Nov 2009 11:36

RoyG wrote:That bear deserves a medal lol. Any pics of our furry friend?

Well it seems Jambavanth had joined the battle now. :twisted:

James B
BRF Oldie

Postby James B » 03 Nov 2009 15:52

Airavat wrote:
James B wrote:SSridhar sir, how much of this massacre of muslims (2,37,000) in Jammu by Hari Singh is true. Can anybody throw light about this event??.

Another example of Noorani's cunning are his selective quotes: Gandhi said on December 25, 1947: "The Hindus and Sikhs of Jammu and those who had gone there from outside killed Muslims there. The Maharaja of Kashmir is responsible for what is happening there…. Muslim women have been dishonoured."

Rascal does not admit that Shri Gandhi issued a retraction to this statement, as described by Mehr Chand Mahajan, the first Chief Justice of Independent India, who was at that time Prime Minister of J&K State:

"The Sheikh also made an attempt to poison the mind of Mahatma Gandhi against me. He wrote to the Mahatma that Muslims were being killed in Jammu at the instigation of His Highness and myself. Mahatmaji, without even asking me, charged us with these killings, in one of his post-prayer speeches.........I very strongly objected to his action in condemning the killing of Muslims by Hindus without condemning the killings of Hindus by the Muslims. Mahatmaji frankly agreed with me and in the next speech showed every sympathy with those whose kith and kin had been killed in the town of Mirpur."

Then in a long letter Mahajan described how many more Hindus and Sikhs were killed by the Pakistani invaders, and the local communalized Muslims, in places like Kotli, Rawalakot, Mirpur, Bhimber, etc.

Thanks for the info Airavat sir. Do you have any links regarding the retraction of statement by Gandhi??. Couldn't find through google chacha.

TIA

shravan
BRF Oldie

Postby shravan » 04 Nov 2009 01:40

Bear kills 2 Hizbul militants in J&K

The terrorists, with two other accomplices, were holed up in the cave which turned out to be the bear's den. The four men were cooking inside the cave, when the beast returned. The men were taken by surprise, and two of them were mauled to death before they could react. Another man was injured in the attack. The surviving two terrorists opened fire at the bear and killed it before fleeing.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 04 Nov 2009 02:13

Too bad for the bear.

Airavat
BRF Oldie

Postby Airavat » 04 Nov 2009 05:02

James B wrote:Thanks for the info Airavat sir. Do you have any links regarding the retraction of statement by Gandhi??. Couldn't find through google chacha.

TIA

It's from Mehr Chand Mahajan's autobiography "Looking Back" written in 1954 after his retirement.

The book will be of interest on many other events leading up to Independence, like relations between Sikhs Hindus Muslims in the Punjab province, through the eyes of the justice system. Mahajan was also appointed to the Boundary Commission and gives interesting details of all the discussions, clashes, and decision-making.

Interestingly he was also on the commission appointed to investigate the causes of the naval ratings rising in 1946, and describes his clashes with the other members like Major-General Rees and Rear-Admiral Patterson.

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 04 Nov 2009 06:28

two of them were mauled to death

Must have mistaken the bear for Brinjej Ayesha.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 04 Nov 2009 08:19

Some of what Gandhi said on Dec 25, 1947: referring to the invasion by Pakistan and the call, e.g., by the editor of Zamindar for jihad:

One should always admit one’s mistakes. The Hindus and Sikhs of Jammu or those who had gone there from outside killed Muslims there. The Maharaja of Kashmir is responsible for the happenings in his State. It was not Sheikh Abdullah who was behind these murders. He in fact went to Jammu and tried to reason with the Hindus and Sikhs. He tried to save the lives of Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs. The Maharaja of Kashmir is a Dogra Rajput. Abuses have been heaped on him. If he has been at fault he can be removed. One can understand that. But what have the Muslims of Kashmir done? Why is jihad being carried on against them?

He also said in that speech
I saw a couplet in an Urdu magazine today. It hurt me. I do not remember the words but the substance is this: “Today Somnath is on the tongue of everyone. If the temple is renovated it will have to be avenged. A new Ghaznavi must come from Ghazni to avenge what happened in Junagadh.” It is painful to think that such a thing can issue from the pen of a Muslim. I have said that I must do or die; which means that I shall either bring about Hindu-Muslim amity or lay down my life. This sort of thing cannot affect my resolve. I cannot return evil for evil. I can only return good for evil. I tell you all this so that you may not be taken in by such things. You must not remember the wrong that Ghaznavi did. Muslims should realize and admit the wrongs perpetrated under the Islamic rule. The Hindu and Sikh rulers of Kashmir and Patiala, etc., should also admit the excesses committed in their States. There is nothing to be ashamed of in confessing one’s sins, it only lightens one’s guilt. If Muslims in the Indian Union teach their children that a Ghaznavi must come to avenge them and destroy the Hindus, who is going to tolerate this? If this mischievous couplet had not been published in an important magazine I would not even have mentioned it.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 04 Nov 2009 08:28

On Dec 29, 1947, Gandhi's prayer meeting speech was read out, as he was observing maun vrat (silence). Among other things, this was there (PS: remember, this is translated from Hindi)

I have been severely reprimanded for what I said concerning Kashmir and its Maharaja. It seems to me that those who upbraid me have not really read attentively what I said. The advice I gave is the kind of advice the humblest man may give. Occasionally it becomes one’s duty to offer such advice. If the Maharaja had acted on my advice he would have risen very high in his own eyes and in the eyes of the world. Today his own plight and the plight of his State are not enviable. Kashmir is a Hindu State, the majority of its people being Muslims. The raiders called their raids a jihad. They say that the Muslims of Kashmir are being ground down under the tyranny of Hindu raj and that they have come for their succour.

The Maharaja has invited Sheikh Abdullah at just the right time. The task is new for Sheikh Abdullah. But if the Maharaja thinks the Sheikh can shoulder the burden he should be encouraged in every way. It seems obvious to me, as it should seem obvious to others outside, that if Sheikh Abdullah cannot carry with him the minority as well as the majority, Kashmir cannot be saved by military might alone.

Both the Maharaja and the Sheikh asked India for armed assistance. My advice to the Maharaja is that he should be a constitutional sovereign like the King of England and run his government and use the Dogra army according to the advice of Sheikh Abdullah and his Interim Cabinet. What is there so strange about this? The terms of the State’s accession to the Union remain as before. They confer certain rights on the rulers. I have ventured to advise the Maharaja that he should voluntarily relinquish or limit these rights and play his constitutional role as a Hindu ruler.

If the reports I get are inaccurate they should be put right. If my views regarding Hinduism and the duties of a Hindu ruler are erroneous, there is no question of any weight being given to my advice. If the Sheikh as the Chief of the Emergency Administration or as a true Muslim is found wanting in doing his duty he should remove himself from the scene and hand over the reins of administration to a better man. Today Hinduism and Islam are being tested on the soil of Kashmir. If the right thing is done and the right direction given to the process the chief actors will win fame. It is my prayer that in the present darkness in the country Kashmir may become the star that provides light.

(Gandhi's advice to the Maharaja, in his Dec 25 speech was:
I met the Maharaja and his Prime Minister. And I told him what I had to say. The Maharaja should clearly say that he is no longer the Ruler, it is the Muslims of Kashmir who are the real rulers and they may do what they like. After the Maharaja and his Prime Minister withdraw themselves only Sheikh Abdullah remains. He can form an interim government and restore law and order. The armies can be withdrawn. If the two countries arrive at a settlement on these lines it will be good for both. It is not that India had invaded a Muslim State or had gone there to help the Maharaja. Our Government is for the people and it is in the interest of the people that we enter into negotiations with the Princes. The Congress Government can take no other course.
)

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 04 Nov 2009 08:47

ramana wrote:Too bad for the bear.

A posthumous award of some sort for the bear would be a good thing. Even Nature rises from its slumber to slay Hizbul Mujahideen.

sum
BRF Oldie

Postby sum » 04 Nov 2009 09:52

Another man was injured in the attack. The surviving two terrorists opened fire at the bear and killed it before fleeing.

Dammit...A state funeral is in order for the brave bear.

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Postby RoyG » 05 Nov 2009 03:31

Chidambaram promises rehab of Kashmiri Hindus

Thu, Nov 05, 2009

Jammu: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday assured Kashmiri Pandits that he would do his best to fulfill the Central Government's commitment on the return and rehabilitation of the migrants to Jammu and Kashmir.

The return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrant Hindus - 350,000 of whom fled the Valley en masse in 1990 - "is a commitment" of the United Progressive Alliance government at the Centre, he said.

"I will try my best to fulfill this commitment," the Home Minister said.

Chidambaram also said his focus would be on showing results in resolving the problems faced by the migrants.

"It's not important that the problem has been discussed and debated upon, the most important part is, whether we have been able to show results," Chidambaram told an apex committee of Kashmiri Hindus, representing various organisations of the community that fled the Valley when militancy was at its peak in the state.

Kashmiri Hindus interacted with Chidambaram at Jagti, about 15 km north of Jammu, where a satellite township is being built for them.

The township would house more than 2,000 families and is expected to be completed by December-end.

Addressing around 30 members of the Kashmiri Hindus, and several other migrants who had gathered to hear him, Chidambaram said that results have to be found to the questions - "Have we been able to take them to their homes in the Valley, have we been able to retrieve their properties, have we been able to address all the problems facing them?"

"I promise that I will do my best to show results," he said.

Earlier, the minister visited the township Jagti, accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand and Revenue and Relief Minister Raman Bhalla.

"We must fulfill our commitment toward them (migrants)," the home minister told officials.

This is the Home Minister's second visit to the state in less than a month. His visit comes against the backdrop of raging anger over his ministry's decision to ban pre-paid mobile connections, affecting 3.8 million subscribers in the state.

The pre-paid connections are not being renewed from November 1, nor are new connections being given. The Home Ministry has cited security reasons for the move.

Political leaders in the state have criticised the ban.

Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah has claimed the "ban on pre-paid is temporary". He has assured the people that it would be lifted soon.

He has already spoken to Chidambaram, who is to also attend the wedding of state Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda's daughter before returning to Delhi Wednesday evening.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/chidambaram- ... ml?from=tn

Surya
BRF Oldie

Postby Surya » 05 Nov 2009 08:59

That video was horrific

shee what junglis we are. :(

At times like this wish a super predator emerges and wipes out humans

RayC
BRF Oldie

Postby RayC » 05 Nov 2009 11:40

Jagti, about 15 km north of Jammu, where a satellite township is being built for them.

Where is this place?

By the name, it appears to be in Jammu District. If so, then it means that they are not returning home and instead are like the Nehrus who migrated to Allahabad.

Hardly a solution!

The terrorists would have achieved their aim of ethnic cleansing!

Let them return to Kashmir and protect them. That would be rehab and a tight slap to the terrorists!

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Postby Sanku » 05 Nov 2009 13:42

RayC wrote:
Let them return to Kashmir and protect them. That would be rehab and a tight slap to the terrorists!

Hear hear, that is the only true test of end of J&K problem and of Kashmiryat.

Also Karma is a female dog, unless the Kashmir valley Muslims do the right thing for their brothers, the blood will forever be on their hands and they too will never see peace.

wig
BRFite

Postby wig » 05 Nov 2009 16:09

rayC sir,
jagti used to be and still is a small hamlet near Nagrota about 15 kilometers from jammu city

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 06 Nov 2009 08:20

In Kashmir, the price of peace isn't right - Praveen Swami
Many in New Delhi’s policy establishment, among them Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Defence Minister A.K. Antony and Mr. Narayanan, are thought to be less than enthused by the prospects of talks.
In a November 1 speech, PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti argued that accession to India had proved calamitous to Jammu and Kashmir — in terms that could have been used by any Hurriyat leader. “After 1947,” she said, “we were forced to surrender everything to India, including our water resources. We even lost our strategic geographic advantage. The state that should have been the hub of activities in central Asia turned into a land-locked territory. We have been living under an economic and physical siege since the State’s accession.”{What a shame that India swapped terrorists for the sister of this woman ?}

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 06 Nov 2009 08:30

Swapping of this terrorist to free more terrorists happend when the Super Secularists were ruling at the centre. Thanks god that there few checks still working on curbing their influence and stopping India from decending into complete Dhimmi. The domestic terorrist like Mehbooba are more dangerous than LeT or JEM.

rkirankr
BRFite

Postby rkirankr » 06 Nov 2009 16:41

Non-territorial Settlement: Towards a Second Partition

It seems GOI is planning something like this. Now with opposition in shambles and the population dhimmed by the supporting media, this would not be difficult proposal to sell to the masses.
Just like the nuclear 123 agreement, where some of my very much learned friends and colleagues felt every village will a nuclear reactor along with local milk producer association generating free power for generations to the village.
Though I feel this will not accepted so easily even in the establishment, I think some such solution will be put forward which might eat away Indian territory.
I feel now it is not to question will a India win a nobel peace prize but keep our fingers cross on who and when.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 06 Nov 2009 17:40

RayC wrote:
Jagti, about 15 km north of Jammu, where a satellite township is being built for them.

Where is this place?

By the name, it appears to be in Jammu District. If so, then it means that they are not returning home and instead are like the Nehrus who migrated to Allahabad.

Hardly a solution!

The terrorists would have achieved their aim of ethnic cleansing!

Any self respecting GOI would have rehabilitated them in Kashmir even if it meant 24X7 protection by security forces.
Where is the rehab? Aren't KP's already based in Jammu. What is this drama of rehab by GOI then ?

Avinash R
BRFite

Postby Avinash R » 06 Nov 2009 20:57

In Kashmir, the price of peace isn’t right
Praveen Swami
http://www.hindu.com/2009/11/06/stories ... 690800.htm

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby jamwal » 08 Nov 2009 21:27

Militants re-activate old training camps

Unable to send the newly recruited youths across the Line of Control (LoC) for arms training, the militant outfits especially Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Hizbul Mujahideen were reported to have activated their training camps in upper reaches and forest areas of Doda, Reasi and Rajouri belts.

shynee
BRFite

Postby shynee » 14 Nov 2009 21:59

Jarita
BRF Oldie

Postby Jarita » 15 Nov 2009 07:13

If you look closely you will see that these guys are converts. Methinks the media is trying to portray this as a pan kashmir movement rather than one inspired by Jihad. Very clever positioning

http://week.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/ ... &BV_ID=@@@

Lured by easy money and gun-power, Kashmiri Hindus join the militant ranks

By Tariq Bhat

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Postby Rahul M » 15 Nov 2009 10:39

http://www.risingkashmir.com/index.php? ... 3&Itemid=1

Sgr Intl Airport still under IAF control

Due to flight restrictions tourism industry lose Rs 400 Cr annually

Rashid Paul
Srinagar, Nov 14: Keeping the air traffic control (ATC) of the Srinagar International Airport under supervision of the Indian Air Force (IAF) restricts the flight operations, besides causing a loss of Rs 400 Cr to the tourism industry annually.
Although the airport was elevated to international status, flights cannot take off before 10 am or land after 3 pm here, as the IAF does not allow operations on the airfield beyond this time. Thus, limiting the air traffic by IAF dents severely tourism and travel sector.

Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya G » 15 Nov 2009 12:09

Rahul M wrote:http://www.risingkashmir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18393&Itemid=1

Sgr Intl Airport still under IAF control

Due to flight restrictions tourism industry lose Rs 400 Cr annually

Rashid Paul
Srinagar, Nov 14: Keeping the air traffic control (ATC) of the Srinagar International Airport under supervision of the Indian Air Force (IAF) restricts the flight operations, besides causing a loss of Rs 400 Cr to the tourism industry annually.
Although the airport was elevated to international status, flights cannot take off before 10 am or land after 3 pm here, as the IAF does not allow operations on the airfield beyond this time. Thus, limiting the air traffic by IAF dents severely tourism and travel sector.

It is not the IAF, but the continuing terrorism which hurts the tourism. Let the IAF open up the timings, and inform airlines that any flights outside these times are risk of being shot down :x

And I wonder if Srinagar airport has enough flights to keep them busy even for 5 hours.

Malayappan
BRFite

Postby Malayappan » 15 Nov 2009 15:52

Separatists are to PDP what RSS is to BJP, says Malik
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/separatists-are-to-pdp-what-rss-is-to-bjp-says-malik/541590/0

Some interesting ones from this
While his comments suggested there was a tacit understanding between the Hurriyat hardliners and the PDP, Malik didn’t stop there. He said 90 per cent of the “freedom fighters have taken money from former RAW chief Dullat
“Yasin Sahib, you didn’t complete the sentence. Tell them you want secular independence,” Geelani replied. “Now, some leader has said that they don’t want Indian secularism but British secularism. I want to tell them that whether it is British secularism or Russian secularism, it will not be acceptable to the Muslims”.
days after Hurriyat leader, Prof Abdul Gani Bhat created ripples in the separatist circles saying they were ready to sit together with the mainstream political parties; the Hurriyat moderates on Saturday took a U-turn saying they can’t sit with “Indian political parties”. The moderates also rejected the “quiet diplomacy”.

Return to “Trash Can Archive”