The Trash Thread in the Trash Can (Use 4545 to Merge Posts)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
asprinzl
BRFite
Posts: 408
Joined: 08 Sep 2004 05:00

Re: Indo-French Ties

Postby asprinzl » 19 Jul 2009 04:38

Baljeet wrote:Carla Bruni is hot.


Most ***** are.

somnathmukherjee
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 03:17
Location: St Annes, Bedfordshire, England

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby somnathmukherjee » 27 Jul 2009 06:37

Gerard,

Are we talking of nuclear missiles or nuclear subs??? Are we disputing geo-politics/hegemony or engineering/shipbuilding skills?

I was refering to this:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operations- ... ubmarines/

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operations- ... submarine/

http://www.baesystems.com/BAEProd/group ... asheet.pdf

somnathmukherjee
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 03:17
Location: St Annes, Bedfordshire, England

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby somnathmukherjee » 27 Jul 2009 06:50

Gerard,

What do you suggest ... 're-invent the wheel'???

To us it appears UK is dependent on US...to them its collaboration (unlike ours with Russia arm twisting all the time) :)

somnathmukherjee
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 03:17
Location: St Annes, Bedfordshire, England

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby somnathmukherjee » 27 Jul 2009 06:55

''This is the "Let me save my honor while I view Indian stuff with disdain and show what I know that others don't" mode being switched on..''

Shiv...you think you are a smart ass..... I think you are a EDITED. living in a constant denial mode :)



Classic example of Trolling 101
"when caught being stupid, bad mouth people who caught it."

carry on.
Last edited by Rahul M on 27 Jul 2009 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user warned.

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35041
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby shiv » 27 Jul 2009 07:03

somnathmukherjee wrote:Shiv...you think you are a smart ass.


So? Why should it worry you that I am a smart ass? You praise those whom you think are smart asses. I praise myself. Why do you feel takleef unless you have to weigh the smartness of your ideals against my undeniable superiority? Relax have a charminar. Read your own pdfs to console yourself for a bit..

As my spiritual guru used to say

oomb da ambi
:D

somnathmukherjee
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 03:17
Location: St Annes, Bedfordshire, England

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby somnathmukherjee » 27 Jul 2009 07:06

Rahul M (Mod)

You have double standards ..... bullying newcomers while allowing other (old pals who helped you become a mod) to abuse.

Keep your eyes open and see all the posts - I never bullied or abused anyone in the first place.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16448
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: woh log gawad hai, unpad hai !
Contact:

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby Rahul M » 27 Jul 2009 07:07

sunilUpa wrote:Well the backwardness of Yindian technology is so obvious...they break a coconut instead of Champagne bottle like all other 'Adcanced Technology' countries do. :(( :((

Can we open another thread titled whining/throwing towel -INS Arihant Dhaga..

pooor SDRE can't afford champagne like them "geo-politics/hegemony or engineering/shipbuilding skills" nations ! :((
what to do, we are like this onlee !

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35041
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby shiv » 27 Jul 2009 07:11

somnathmukherjee wrote:Keep your eyes open and see all the posts - I never bullied or abused anyone in the first place.


Ooohh :(( The sob stories come pouring out now:
What do you call this? Praise?

So much hogwash for 'indigenous design' 'blah...blah...blah....' !!!

If we are spending our money ...why can't our naval architects (including private participation-non DRDO) design futuristic submarines with directional waterjet propulsion pods, platypus bow sonar and efficient reactors to cover the entire operating life span of the submarine.


You are getting the same sort of praise yourself. Nobody is bullying you. Wipe your tears and stroke yourself. Yenjoy maadi...

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16448
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: woh log gawad hai, unpad hai !
Contact:

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby Rahul M » 27 Jul 2009 07:13

somnathmukherjee wrote:Rahul M (Mod)

You have double standards ..... bullying newcomers while allowing other (old pals who helped you become a mod) to abuse.

Keep your eyes open and see all the posts - I never bullied or abused anyone in the first place.

and the cycle of acounter accusation goes on. :roll:

BTW, there are no "old pals who helped you become a mod", BR is not a democracy ! :wink:
mod decisions depend on the value a member adds to the board. (in your case for example that has been < 0 )

anyway, enough of this, if you are still hell bent on disrupting this thread, continue to defend the indefensible and not owning up to your loose comments, clearly reasoning is lost on you.
you are being given a long rope, it's up to you what you do with it.

somnathmukherjee
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 03:17
Location: St Annes, Bedfordshire, England

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby somnathmukherjee » 27 Jul 2009 07:15

BR is not a democracy

What shoud a newcomer interpret ''BR is definitely GANG BANG'' ??? :eek:
Last edited by Rahul M on 27 Jul 2009 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: warning no2 for thread disruption. good to see you are using that rope.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16448
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: woh log gawad hai, unpad hai !
Contact:

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby Rahul M » 27 Jul 2009 07:15

gagan, thanks for your interesting creations. satisfied at least some of our thirst. :)

added later : as we say in bangla 'dudher swad ghol'e metano' (quench the thirst for milk with buttermilk)

BR is not a democracy

What shoud a newcomer interpret ''BR is definitely GANG BANG'' ??? :eek:

definitely, for arrogant newcomers(or anyone for that matter) with an inflated sense of self-worth !
it's meant to be that way.
:mrgreen:

most however, don't see things that way. :wink:
it's the immature know-it-alls who have a problem.

Raja Bose
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19481
Joined: 18 Oct 2005 01:38

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby Raja Bose » 27 Jul 2009 07:17

somnathmukherjee wrote:BR is not a democracy

What shoud a newcomer interpret ''BR is definitely GANG BANG'' ??? :eek:


Democracy on Internet forums breeds fools, B-R usually doesn't tolerate fools (even in BENIS/Whines/Towels threads) get it? :twisted:

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 35041
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby shiv » 27 Jul 2009 07:18

somnathmukherjee wrote:BR is not a democracy

What shoud a newcomer interpret ''BR is definitely GANG BANG'' ??? :eek:


Interpret whatever you like. But when it comes to banging you will be shown how it feels to be banged when you give yourself the licence to bang someone else. I hope you are enjoying yourself.

somnathmukherjee
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 03:17
Location: St Annes, Bedfordshire, England

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby somnathmukherjee » 27 Jul 2009 07:20

Deleted. User banned.
Last edited by Suraj on 27 Jul 2009 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Member had to go back to listening to 'God Save the Queen'

sunilUpa
BRFite
Posts: 1795
Joined: 25 Sep 2006 04:16

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby sunilUpa » 27 Jul 2009 07:20

Clean up please!

Damn, didn't expect so much towel throwing at such an historic event.

Any one with TIVO? BBC is going to repeat the Arihant clip in couple of minutes.
Last edited by sunilUpa on 27 Jul 2009 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

amdavadi
BRFite
Posts: 1432
Joined: 16 Oct 2002 11:31

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) Launch News and Discussion

Postby amdavadi » 27 Jul 2009 07:23

i knew pakis will show up to ruin this thread. They cant help as arihant news is putting danda up their mushraf

Som Mukhopadhyay
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 10
Joined: 29 Jul 2009 02:40
Location: Kolkata

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) News and Discussion -2

Postby Som Mukhopadhyay » 29 Jul 2009 17:51

MAY I KNOW WHO CHANGED MY LOGIN NAME TO CHRI NAVARRO FROM MY ORIGINAL NAME lordofmonday ???? :?: :?: Can anybody help please.

Som Mukhopadhyay
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 10
Joined: 29 Jul 2009 02:40
Location: Kolkata

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) News and Discussion -2

Postby Som Mukhopadhyay » 29 Jul 2009 17:56

How do I change my username? I am new to this forum??

Rishi
Forum Moderator
Posts: 681
Joined: 29 Sep 2002 11:31
Location: Maximum City

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) News and Discussion -2

Postby Rishi » 29 Jul 2009 18:06

Chris Navarro wrote:How do I change my username? I am new to this forum??


You get in touch with a mod. Generally by clicking the Image button. Anyway, what do you want it to be? Will change it.

Vikram_S
BRFite
Posts: 359
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 23:49

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby Vikram_S » 01 Aug 2009 20:55

RayC wrote:I appreciate your thumb rule.

I find it offensive if someone equates our leaders with epithets without justifying why they feel so. If a chap is called a moron, then it must be justified and not left in mid air.

Do ban them also!

Eg I feel that it is apt to call the RSS kickerbockerwallahs. It is justified because that is what they wear and not dhotis or any other type of clothing like western clothes!

You are right that the forum cannot be reduced to a cesspool.

I shall be more vigilant and ban people stepping across the Rubicon!


Sir, it is not the question of calling them this or that, but the intent to deliberately provoke and incite a fight. Is bringing in the RSS or accusing them in every post about J&K, in any way useful?

So some in RSS old timers group, wear shorts, the Army wears shorts in PT, does this mean, we can bring in the Army to every conversation in the Economics thread (since Army takes money, its somewhat relevant to economics) and since it wears shorts (occasionally), I make sneering refs to Army and then use the excuse of word play.

Sir, that is what this poster is doing. It is a deliberate attempt to provoke, attack posters but hiding behind veneer of being "intellectual" and "more informed". Just my thoughts sir.

Arjun
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4264
Joined: 21 Oct 2008 01:52

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby Arjun » 01 Aug 2009 21:03

RayC wrote:I personally find nothing wrong if the RSS is called knickerbockerwallahs. They are! Don't they wear knickerbockers? I find nothing to be coy about that.

I agree on this one. But where I am slightly flummoxed is when he twice associated the phrases "slash and burn solution" and "let's burn them down philosophy" with the RSS. Now, that's not necessarily bad either - but only as long as it is substantiated. I would tend to think the first association with these phrases could certainly be religious organizations - but maybe some very different ones from what Somnath has in mind. While that would be an interesting debate, it would be OT for this thread - and morover the current BR avatar would not have place for a discussion on this on another thread. That's the problem I see with some of his posts.

vera_k
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2923
Joined: 20 Nov 2006 13:45

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby vera_k » 02 Aug 2009 01:45

RayC wrote:Eg I feel that it is apt to call the RSS kickerbockerwallahs. It is justified because that is what they wear and not dhotis or any other type of clothing like western clothes!


Well, the RSS shorts are part of Western attire, particularly used by the British Army. It is not a knickerbocker :P

svinayak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14223
Joined: 09 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby svinayak » 02 Aug 2009 01:52

vera_k wrote:
RayC wrote:Eg I feel that it is apt to call the RSS kickerbockerwallahs. It is justified because that is what they wear and not dhotis or any other type of clothing like western clothes!


Well, the RSS shorts are part of Western attire, particularly used by the British Army. It is not a knickerbocker :P

kickerwallah and chaddiwallah are derogatory words used against RSS and its people who are sympathetic to RSS. As a member of RSS I felt offended by the use of the term.

brihaspati
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12410
Joined: 19 Nov 2008 03:25

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby brihaspati » 02 Aug 2009 02:37

Acharyaji,
please consider not getting offended. Such deliberate "derogation" expressions typically indicate fear. Personal attributes, clothing, appearance should not in general be the subject of ridicule or derogatory remarks. If anyone enjoys doing so, it only shows how much secret high esteem the person making the remark has for the target. Consider the various Pak-forums and their derogatory remarks about everything Indian. By getting offended you are actually giving some satisfaction to the satirist. :)

svinayak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14223
Joined: 09 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby svinayak » 02 Aug 2009 07:00

brihaspati wrote:Acharyaji,
please consider not getting offended.

I have no choice

Dipanker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3021
Joined: 14 May 2002 11:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby Dipanker » 02 Aug 2009 07:47

RayC wrote:That is what wikipedia says.

No matter what is said, it is a separate language.

Or else every other Indian language is a derivative of Sanskrit.

There are so many words in Kashmiri which are Bengali and yet Bengali is but a hybrid language!

In fact, all languages are hybrid!


Wikipedia is not my source though, I had done extensive research on this topic a couple of years ago and the sources I referred to were standard sources.

ANyway, wed can continue this perhaps in Nukkad thread as it is OT to this thread.

negi
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 12913
Joined: 27 Jul 2006 17:51
Location: Trying to mellow down :)

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby negi » 02 Aug 2009 09:35

It is perfectly ok to repeatedly (in almost every other reference) term TOI as TOIlet, congress as Kangress, assorted individuals (MMS, C Raja Mohan, Shekhar Gupta, Dr Pandey, Arundhati Roy, Bikram Sen, B Raman etc etc) as closet commies or "sold out yank lovers" or morons, all newspapers (maybe with the exception of Panchajanya?) as either commie lovers or yankee sellouts, all political parties (barring BJP "soemtimes") as morons, deshdrohis, or worst in the payrolls of either CPC or CIA, organisations such as NMML, JNU referred to as commie dens...But a sarcastic reference to RSS is offensive?! :twisted:

FYI we have been pretty consistent while calling names... BJP as Mandir banao Party, Advani was bombarded with epithets when he professed his love for Jinnah, same for VK Malhotra and Rajnath singh.RSS and VHP too have not been spared when it comes to creating nuisance . I will concede that some of this might be uncalled for and inappropriate at times but I will not agree to us being called biased when it comes to name calling. 8)]

Btw Mods I have re-iterated this before when a warning is issued most of the times the postor in question does not even know about the hellphyrr; it has happened to me and I guess same is the case for Somnath.Perhaps its a good idea to get that warning/BAN thread back and made a sticky...just like good old times.

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 12:59

Acharya,

First of all it is immaterial if the RSS members out here feel offended by the term. I am sure one cannot ride the high horse when they are the very ones who deride the Muslims on this very forum. The same people sing paeans to Indian civilisation being singularly Hindu and refuse to acknowledge the contribution of the Muslims and grudgingly accepting the Buddhist influence. Can I not take umbrage too? Should such people also not warrant warning and then a ban? It takes two hand to clap.

Please read Kashmir’s history and see how the Muslim and Hindus Kashmiris in tandem have contributed to the Indian civilisation.

Since people don’t read, I am constrained to repeat what Shah Gafoor, a Kashmiri Sufi Saint wrote, even though exasperating to do so for those who are bent on avoiding the reality:

Yut ith zanmas kenh chhuna karum
Dharnai dharun Soham su
Bashar travith gachhi Isshar garun
Isharus saiti roz sapdak
Ishir sapdith gachhi yi sharir marun
Sharnai daharun sohum su
Dah chhi avtar za lagina tharun
Meh zan prazlan naran chum
Ram Ram karun gau nam sandarum
Dharnai dharun......sohum su.
(Birth avails us nothing. Meditate therefore upon Sohum the Eternal. Forgetting the age, seek Ishvara. Keep close to Ishvara to realize Him.
Once you attain Ishvara this mortal be got rid of. Meditate upon the Eternal. There are ten incarnations of God. One should be never be nervous. Narayan dazzles like the Moon. Repetition of the name of Rama leads to one’s salvation. Meditate upon the Eternal.)

Note this is by a MUSLIM Saint of Kashmir.

While you take offense being an RSS member, I take offence that Muslims and Christians are decried out here and also the overdose of Hinduvta, as if it is the be all and end all of existence!! I say, whoever is wrong should be taken to task with fact and not vague nonsensical imaginative J’ Accuses! Between me and you, what so great about your being in the RSS? It is like an NCC chaps saying he is a part of the Army!

I am totally against terrorism in the name of religion as I am of proselytizing with fake promises and money and other lures. However, I am also not inclined to believe that Indianness is nothing but the boon of Hinduism and its indic civilization for whatever it means!

Cruel that the Muslims invaders and Emperors were, they did something positive or negative to the Indian society and they too have left their mark, positive or negative.

I can speak of Bengal. Even the British contributed to the mentality of Bengal. Their influence and with people like DeRozio (though I have reservations, but Hare and carr and many other changed us to be better human beings. You are a self proclaimed RSS man. Should we return to suttee? Or widows being confined to the Puja rooms with shaven heads and not allowed to visit any ceremonies in the house? How archaic and antediluvian can you get?

RSS has done great wonders, but it has to temperate itself so as to do the same job as the missionaries are doing. Let goodness and high moral prevail and not stuff it down as a military order! That is where the RSS fails.

Heard of Bharat Seva Ashram? They do a better job promoting Hinduism than the RSS. Wherever there is distress like national calamity, they do it without fanfare or acrimony. That sticks in the mind! They were there before us (Army). They leave a lasting impression on the local population as also other agencies who are there. It is just that there is no publicity from the media!

Instead of taking umbrage being called a knickerbockerwallah, do some genuine social service and also publicise it, if you can! If the world knows the good work that you do, then maybe the image will change. Right now, Bandar Sena, Togadia is not different from the fiery rhetoric of the Imam of Jama Mazjid and the Deoband out of work mullahs! Or for that matter the silly priest of the Delhi Catholic Order, who enjoys the limelight of national TV to spew his drivel!

Raina,

Have you read Kashmir’s history?

Education is essential for India and of that there I s no doubt.

Have you been to Kashmir and I am not talking of Srinagar. Kashmir requires education more than anywhere in India! Unless you visit the remote areas of Kashmir, you will not realise the crying need. Read Prem Nath Bazaz. What was in his time, exists even now!

Read Kashmiri history and you will realise the agony that they have gone through under every ruler, be they Chak, Afghan, Sikh or Dogra!

Please also see how the politicians of the central government and personal empire building of Kashmiri politicians have milked Kashmir. Read Jagmohan’s Frozen Turbulence, apart from other tomes.

Why are the Muslim Kashmiris indulging in terrorism? Heard of pan Islamic movement and Saudi money? Is it being given to the Dogras and the Ladakhis?

The problem is that you do not read and instead look at the contemporary situation with contemporary ideas. Have you been to real Kashmir? Are you aware of the corruption at all levels? If the money funnelled into Kashmir is not there for the common man, how will he or she realise what is being done? On the other hand, Op Sadhbnavna is there for all to see. I daresay they are against the Army, excepting for stray incidents. In Kaksar, the civilians came to my unit to build a bridge over the Dras River so that they could come in. They never asked the civil administration. We built it. Likewise, they came to us to open up the stream for their cultivation that was under Pakistani fire. We did it at great risk! Why did they come to us? Because we deliver and there is no corruption!

If you have the time and inclination, read Lawrence, Moorecroft, Torrens and even Pt Prem Nath Bazzazz to realise why the Kashmiris hate authority. The short answer is that the so called ‘authorities’ under all regimes made Kashmiris second class citizens in their own land!

I am not votary for the terrorists and in fact I dislike them intensely as they are fools, but I am for justice for the Kashmiris within the Indian Constitution.

Kashmir is Indian legally and we must give them (kashmiris) a place in the India sun!

Lastly Acharya,

What is your comment on so many Indians (Hindus) going abroad and causing Kalapani! Will the Ganges water cleanse them of this cardinal sin?

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 13:14

Acharya wrote:
brihaspati wrote:Acharyaji,
please consider not getting offended.

I have no choice


It doesn't matter at all.

As it does not matter when I am offended at overdose of Hinduvta and Muslim bashing without giving the justification!

What is sauce for the goose turns out be sauce for the gander too!

I am sure you are not living in a crystal cage to be handled with a kid glove and people like me, with an iron fist!

Calm down and quit pretending that you alone are offended!

We also serve and wait!

svinayak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14223
Joined: 09 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby svinayak » 02 Aug 2009 13:17

RayC wrote:Acharya,

First of all it is immaterial if the RSS members out here feel offended by the term. I am sure one cannot ride the high horse when they are the very ones who deride the Muslims on this very forum. The same people sing paeans to Indian civilisation being singularly Hindu and refuse to acknowledge the contribution of the Muslims and grudgingly accepting the Buddhist influence. Can I not take umbrage too? Should such people also not warrant warning and then a ban? It takes two hand to clap.

WHo said this I want to know. Find out and go after them. But dont generalize here.

svinayak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14223
Joined: 09 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby svinayak » 02 Aug 2009 13:19

RayC wrote:
Calm down and quit pretending that you alone are offended!

I am not pretending here.

svinayak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14223
Joined: 09 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby svinayak » 02 Aug 2009 13:24

RayC wrote: Should we return to suttee? Or widows being confined to the Puja rooms with shaven heads and not allowed to visit any ceremonies in the house? How archaic and antediluvian can you get?

Do you know what RSS stands for. It is very easy to get familiar and understand. None of what you say is remotely facts.

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 13:25

vera_k wrote:
RayC wrote:Eg I feel that it is apt to call the RSS kickerbockerwallahs. It is justified because that is what they wear and not dhotis or any other type of clothing like western clothes!


Well, the RSS shorts are part of Western attire, particularly used by the British Army. It is not a knickerbocker :P



Fine.

so what's all this Hinduvta jazz wearing westen clothes and then Archarya taking umbrage?

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 13:42

Arjun wrote:
RayC wrote:I personally find nothing wrong if the RSS is called knickerbockerwallahs. They are! Don't they wear knickerbockers? I find nothing to be coy about that.

I agree on this one. But where I am slightly flummoxed is when he twice associated the phrases "slash and burn solution" and "let's burn them down philosophy" with the RSS. Now, that's not necessarily bad either - but only as long as it is substantiated. I would tend to think the first association with these phrases could certainly be religious organizations - but maybe some very different ones from what Somnath has in mind. While that would be an interesting debate, it would be OT for this thread - and morover the current BR avatar would not have place for a discussion on this on another thread. That's the problem I see with some of his posts.


Let me clarify.

I have said earlier that I have not followed the thread, nor do I follow any thread where religion is the main theme, since it is alway Hindus being supreme over others! I find it bilgewater and utter tripe.

What gets my goat is this Hinduvta and RSS as our good Acharya is so ready to pontificate on!

Hinduism is a great religion! Inspite of so many invasions and horrifying restriction thag has been placed on it, it has survived and thriving. Does it require propaganda?

Did Maharani Gayatri Devi have to go raving around to prove her Royal lineage? No. She knew who she was! Self confidence.

Likewise, Hindusim requries no publicity or Archarya being offended to prove it is unique! Seen the Gurukul in Mathura? They are mostly composed of western children! Seen the Hare Rama and all those chaps peddling Hindu literature on the roads? It shows there is some intrinsic goodness of Hindusim. It has survived and it will survive without these Acharyas out here. I am not a Hindu, but I admire the stoic and the quiet perseverance of Hindusim. I may not be a Hindu, but my Hindu anscestry works to show the goodness of Hinduism and I am proud to be a part of it even if not wholly. In fact, I have no religion, but am attracted to the beauty and tolerance of Hinduism. It is this aggressive nonsense of the Bajrang
Dal and others which makes me wonder what has happenend to the beauty of pacifist Hinduism that attract all the world over.

Why are we against, including me, against proselytising by the Islamic and Chirstian missionaries? Because they are aggressive, and fraudelent!


I am not concerned with Somanth wrote. It is a call for Archan. I am only concerned that humbug argument of Archarya is bilge water and he has to take care!

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 13:45

vera_k wrote:
RayC wrote:Eg I feel that it is apt to call the RSS kickerbockerwallahs. It is justified because that is what they wear and not dhotis or any other type of clothing like western clothes!




Fine.

so what's all this Hinduvta jazz wearing westen clothes and then Archarya taking umbrage?


Great.

Acharya and his RSS and you ask me!

Logic!!

Or do you think knickers is Indian?

Let's not waste bandwidth on innane issues that are already answered!

Or are you a bean counter?

ashish raval
BRFite
Posts: 1390
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 00:49
Location: London
Contact:

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby ashish raval » 02 Aug 2009 13:51

^^ Rayc, Some of your observations on Kashmiri's are true and rest of us may not know what you may be knowing but I can tell you that you may not be knowing about RSS as some of here know. I dont think you have ever gone to any of RSS sakha and dont have a shred of idea on amount of voluntary work that RSS have done during tragedies in whole of India saving countless lives. The reason why people dont hate RSS is because the ground facts are very different from what English media wants us to believe. However, few people get carried away by 1-2 stray incidents and blame whole of RSS bad for it. I personally know muslims and sikhs who are members of RSS so if they got any idea remotely or even one time in any interaction that RSS is a religion based group they will not even think of joining it.
Regarding customs banned by British which were carried out in few places in India in the past, no-one argues against it, however they were the same british who used to hang and burn female alive in 17th century in name of ritual witch hunting. Industrial revolution, Atheist monarchs and riches enlightened the society of Europe and hence they did what seem to be a reform in Indian society. Having said this it would have been done in India anyway over the period of time by enlightened rulers.


Kashmiri's are represented by their own people. If people feel that injustice is done to them they have an option of choosing an independent candidate for the assembly. From what I have inferred during my interactions to people in Kashmir are they are mostly lazy and hate hardwork. Also your observation about Kashmiri development is flawed because fundamentally they are priviledged people over rest of India by article 370 and have access to huge funds if they want to get educated. It is same as difference between Arab and Israel where they both have access to equal funds while one excels another remains as dumb as 19th Century donkey. No one can help to change the mentality of a society except it has to come from within. Same goes for corruption.

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 13:58

Archan,

I have no qualms of free speech.

But let's not encourage 'dhong'. In my language it means 'naka mi'.

What's so heavenly about Acharya being an RSS chap and taking umbrage.

RSS is God?

Bajrang Sena is God?

And Muslims and Christians are scums?

Get honest!


if your Hinduvta is all the great, why are you afraid of debate instead of pathetically bleating that you are offended being an RSS man.

I am not an RSS man and I am damned if I succumb to religious pressures!

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 14:01

ashish raval wrote:^^ Rayc, Some of your observations on Kashmiri's are true and rest of us may not know what you may be knowing but I can tell you that you may not be knowing about RSS as some of here know. I dont think you have ever gone to any of RSS sakha and dont have a shred of idea on amount of voluntary work that RSS have done during tragedies in whole of India saving countless lives. The reason why people dont hate RSS is because the ground facts are very different from what English media wants us to believe. However, few people get carried away by 1-2 stray incidents and blame whole of RSS bad for it. I personally know muslims and sikhs who are members of RSS so if they got any idea remotely or even one time in any interaction that RSS is a religion based group they will not even think of joining it.
Regarding customs banned by British which were carried out in few places in India in the past, no-one argues against it, however they were the same british who used to hang and burn female alive in 17th century in name of ritual witch hunting. Industrial revolution, Atheist monarchs and riches enlightened the society of Europe and hence they did what seem to be a reform in Indian society. Having said this it would have been done in India anyway over the period of time by enlightened rulers.


Kashmiri's are represented by their own people. If people feel that injustice is done to them they have an option of choosing an independent candidate for the assembly. From what I have inferred during my interactions to people in Kashmir are they are mostly lazy and hate hardwork. Also your observation about Kashmiri development is flawed because fundamentally they are priviledged people over rest of India by article 370 and have access to huge funds if they want to get educated. It is same as difference between Arab and Israel where they both have access to equal funds while one excels another remains as dumb as 19th Century donkey. No one can help to change the mentality of a society except it has to come from within. Same goes for corruption.



I am ready to learn.


Give examples of what you said other did!

The British changed from the Inquisition days, have we changed? What about the Honour Killings?

The RSS is the most stupid organisation I have seen. You can't shove a bamboo and hope that things will fall in place.

You have to be like the Christian missionaries. Do it gently as if the world is a dream!

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 14:17

Mr Raina may say what he wants, but Kashmir was the most secular place in India, wrecked by fool politics after Independence and allowed to be the mess it is!

It is time one reads about Kashmir, be they the account of 'idiotic British' or Kashmiris. Surprisingly, they talk the same language, unless Mr Raina gives some hidden inputs!

I have faced the anger of Kashmir more than any of you,my men have been killed and I have been exposed to dangers, while you lay supine in your homes and giving vent on the safey to the cyberspace.

You are entitled to your views, but I don't really care. I have seen it and been there, It does not mean I know all. I too am now an armchair critic, only that I still am slightly more aware since my officers who are commanding Brigades and Divisions!

RayC
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4333
Joined: 16 Jan 2004 12:31

Re: J & K news and discussion

Postby RayC » 02 Aug 2009 14:22

Acharya,

I had read that the BJP would march to Kashmir.

Did that happen?


Return to “Trash Can Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests