The Trash Thread in the Trash Can (Use 4545 to Merge Posts)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Military Aviation- September 29 2013

Post by NRao »

@brar_w,

Yup. What you posted is absolutely right. No two ways

As I said: *The next logical step has occurred* and *TBD. Time will tell*

#Strategy
shiv
BRF Oldie

Foxtrot to Arihant: The Story of Indian Navy's Submarine Arm

Post by shiv »

Karan M wrote:Folks like ****** ****** who make their moolah by writing on the Indian Army, Navy etc and posturing as experts on it, and at the same time whenever something of national importance happens, they spare no effort in demeaning the institutions of concern and playing a willing catspaw for hostile interests who spread that motivated narrative far and wide.
May I point out that this amounts to defamation? It will be well within the rights of the people mentioned to haul BR to courts for allowing this sort of stuff to survive. And it will not be the first time this has happened. Jagan, ramana, rakesh and seetal will remember an earlier case where the possibility of dragging BR to court was there after which I recall writing a set of forum guidelines to deal with this kind of shoot and scoot.
Last edited by shiv on 15 Jun 2015 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Re: Foxtrot to Arihant: The Story of Indian Navy's Submarine

Post by member_22539 »

^In that case isn't it better that we not promote the book of such a controversial and potentially harmful individual on this forum?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: FOXTROT TO ARIHANT. The Story of Indian Navy's Submarine

Post by Karan M »

shiv wrote:
Karan M wrote:Folks like Pravin Swami, Chacko Joseph who make their moolah by writing on the Indian Army, Navy etc and posturing as experts on it, and at the same time whenever something of national importance happens, they spare no effort in demeaning the institutions of concern and playing a willing catspaw for hostile interests who spread that motivated narrative far and wide.
May I point out that this amounts to defamation? It will be well within the rights of the people mentioned to haul BR to courts for allowing this sort of stuff to survive. And it will not be the first time this has happened. Jagan, ramana, rakesh and seetal will remember an earlier case where the possibility of dragging BR to court was there after which I recall writing a set of forum guidelines to deal with this kind of shoot and scoot.
As you didn't take account of Rahul M's request to close the discussion and have addressed another pointed reply to me.

If you truly are concerned about BR and want my afore mentioned post edited (including this one) then I have no qualms with that. You have quoted it, so only admins can do it.

However, I must point out that your sudden concern on this topic is rather surprising.

What about this post??
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 9#p1756769

Here you were crossposting a post on BR which was actually taken down because of legal issues.
http://xyx.blog.com/2009/08/12/chaitany ... inst-ndtv/

This is the original Piece written by Chyetanya Kunte but later on he had to retract because of legal pressure from NDTV. I have posted it here for posterity & preservation since Google Cache may clear it anytime.
How is it that you didn't pass this advice to Tuvuluan in another discussion and decided to chime in calling Swami an oeseaule? Lets be consistent here.

Can't embed the quotes so just putting them as is.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... I#p1804976
Tuvuluan wrote:
chetak wrote:This is the exact same paki line too, BTW.
Too many journos speaking the paki line these days, starting with Praveen "my grandmother crossed the loc" Swami and a horde of hardcore congress supporters on twitter.
To which your response was:
shiv wrote:What these blithering oiseaules need is for someone to make a satire about their attitude on the lines of Monty Python. Imagine the Monkey-asha Kandle Kisser as a doctor (India) and the patient a wild Jackal with rabies dressed like a human (Pakistan) and the doctor is trying to talk to the patient rationally while the patient is foaming, growling, yelping, spitting, biting, struggling, shitting and pissing on the doctor. And the doctor, white coat and all looking serious and calm saying, "Hmm I see I see. Yes yes. Maybe we could try some tests and this medcine may help"
Or

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... i#p1774946
Shiv wrote:Praveen Swami IS an idiot.
Or

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... i#p1394446
abhijitm wrote::
arun wrote:
Whatever next? The Hindu and Praveen Swami counseling a battered wife to accept being beaten up by an abusive husband so as not to dent the husbands false notion of superiority and prevent a more severe future beating by accepting the abuse.?
I think this analogy is catching on here. Please can we stop using husband-wife analogy when describing India-pakistan? This is really disturbing.

Thanks.
Shiv wrote:The Asaram Bapu logic is exactly the same. A girl who is about to be raped should call her rapist a brother before getting raped. The Indian government, with stalwarts like Mani Shakar Aiyer heading the charge, want Indians to "make friendship" with Pakistan before Indians get raped.
Another bunch of people in the above called all sorts of stuff.

By the standards you quote for defamation, the above are more so if not less and you were involved in them.

I don't see the nuance you are employing here wherein folks can be called idiots, have rapist supporting logic and what not and thats ok for BR and if somebody else another yardstick is employed.

I dont particularly care if you buy Joseph's books. I still won't.
Last edited by Karan M on 15 Jun 2015 12:27, edited 4 times in total.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

I rest my case.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: FOXTROT TO ARIHANT. The Story of Indian Navy's Submarine

Post by shiv »

Karan M wrote:
If you truly are concerned about BR and want my afore mentioned post edited (including this one) then I have no qualms with that. You have quoted it, so only admins can do it.

However, I must point out that your sudden concern on this topic is rather surprising.
I hope you don't get any more surprises.

Yes admins need to edit out your post and my quote of that post. Your post is libel worthy unlike all the examples you have painstakingly ferreted out which have carefully tippy-toed around being actually libellous, or are at least more easily defensible. This one made by BR "mainsite crew" no less, so no hiding behind "Posts are members opinions for which BR cannot be responsible" burqa.

You will not get into trouble. It is BRF's backside here. I am surprised that admins are so comfortable with a post that is making a direct accusation against a man who runs a site of his own, and was a BRF regular.

The names in my post have been edited out.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I do admit I was surprised by the contradictory standards on display.

Carefully tippy toed? Such as posting an actual post from another forum which has been actually threatened of being libel worthy? Such as the NDTV 26/11 post. Don't see how that served the forums interests any.
Your post is libel worthy unlike all the examples you have painstakingly ferreted out which have carefully tippy-toed around being actually libellous, or are at least more easily defensible.
In your eyes perhaps but I think the point is made.

Those posts you cite could easily have led to the forum being found culpable if the same logic, you state is the issue, would have been applied.

Calling the same/similar gent/s of having rapist logic, repeating the Paki line, idiots etc is not libel apparently. But somehow other folks are worthy of that appellation.

Similarly some of the gents in question have been critiqued far more harshly elsewhere. No claims there either.

PS: BR Mainsite crew merely means i contribute to the website. They are not responsible for a forum post, nor am I an admin. I think that's very clear by all means.

PPS: I am going to stop responding to you at this point since we have been down this path before wherein members ended up in unseemly fracas, all sorts of similar back and forth & folks left.

As you do have the forums best interests at heart, do stop responding and we can stop this pointless exchange & the admins can edit out the post.
Last edited by Karan M on 15 Jun 2015 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

For all those willing to bear looking through this thread:

IN and Coast Guard sink terror boat. Many interesting reveals.

Read the whole thing. Folks who are new need to know why, what.
Make up your own mind thereafter. No libel wagehra here
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=3&t=6935
Or skip to the end: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... &start=760

PS go to http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... &start=600 and see the comments.