The Trash Thread in the Trash Can (Use 4545 to Merge Posts)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Re: Strategic leadership for the future of India

Post by RayC »

gandharva wrote:
Check the American dictionary!
May be we all can quote http://www.urbandictionary.com and get away with anything.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... Shit%20her
Indeed most of us are getting away with murder!
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

OK I am off. but God save us from such leaders.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

SwamyG wrote:BhijuShet, Gandharva, Manish et al: Just let it go. There comes a point when discussions become meaningless meanderings. We are fast approaching that point (if not already). It is my guess that almost everyone can see what is happening to this thread.
The prinicple has to be protested, RayC has been breaking up many discussions by sheer trolling (on a discussion on dating of Mahabharata he brings up the dhoti)

He is the mod, if he wants that there be no discussion on India's history and its relevance, he can say so and close that, but using underhand means to repeatedly divert discussion is not called for.

If any one else did that he would be banned, but RayC merrily does that all the while.

The principle is clearly wrong.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

RayC wrote: Roy, wasn't there a Babaji who kicked you on the head to bless? I would be damned to be kicked for a blessing! I believe Advani visited him in Mathura to be kicked on the head!
Yoga is to give perfect health. How come one of Ramu's eye is small compared to the other eye?
:rotfl:
Totapuri was the Guru of Ramakrishna Paramhansa, who helped Ramakrishna achieve his enlightement. This Totapuri used to throw dirt in people's faces and yet people used to flock him! Imagine THE MASTER OF GREAT RAMAKRISHNA !
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Sanku wrote:
RayC wrote: Ramu maybe your hero. Not mine. So who cares if he is an Yadav or whatever? He ius just a Yogamaster as is the Karate master! What is so special about him ? Tell me that and I will agree! Just a damned yoga master!

You may admire him. I don't. As you don't want to call me Bhagwan Ray, I wont call him what you want. He is Ramu to me and I don't have to be his Mother to call him so. He is cute child and he is worthy of adulation that a child deserve!
Ok so now no complaints on the title of constable singh either and no banning and no editing of posts etc fine?

Arun_S was hounded for allegedly misspelling Chidambarams name -- and this is ok?
I have no clue.

Ask the right one!

-----------------------
RayC, please stay in control as it is GoI has made it a habit of pushing away all nationalist by being mean to their view and propagating a culture of meekness (and why shortage of officers one wonders)

Dont do it on the forum by misbehaving repeatedly with Nationalists and pushing them away.

You will have a poster shortage just like officer shortage in the IA.

And please spare us the predicatble -- "I am the God Mod and I know my job and those who want to go soak their head do that" -- despite all the respect we have for you, please do understand that it gives you no right to behave nastily and puts MORE RESPONSIBILITY rather than less on your shoulders.
\Who said that?

is there any ads here on this forum that we require posters galore? If Mods were Gods, then we would not have so much of hassles as we have in our internal threads!

---------------------

A
nd Rahul_M yes, Mods have to be holier than thou, thats why they are mods. If they want to behave like regular posters, they are welcome to do so after dropping their mod tags.
Believe it or not, they do!

To make it sure, I write posting as as poster!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

:eek:
since when do you, of all people swear by what the americans do ? I thought it was quite the opposite !
even in american english, bull$hit is not considered fit for polite society ?
calling someone bull$hit is not acceptable on BR, in accordance with the many discussions we have had on the issue of namecalling of public figures.
And Rahul_M yes, Mods have to be holier than thou, thats why they are mods. If they want to behave like regular posters, they are welcome to do so after dropping their mod tags.
did I say something to the contrary ?
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Sanku wrote:
SwamyG wrote:BhijuShet, Gandharva, Manish et al: Just let it go. There comes a point when discussions become meaningless meanderings. We are fast approaching that point (if not already). It is my guess that almost everyone can see what is happening to this thread.
The prinicple has to be protested, RayC has been breaking up many discussions by sheer trolling (on a discussion on dating of Mahabharata he brings up the dhoti)

He is the mod, if he wants that there be no discussion on India's history and its relevance, he can say so and close that, but using underhand means to repeatedly divert discussion is not called for.

If any one else did that he would be banned, but RayC merrily does that all the while.

The principle is clearly wrong.
How cute.

If I don't toe your line, I am trolling!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

[quote="Manish_Sharma :
Totapuri was the Guru of Ramakrishna Paramhansa, who helped Ramakrishna achieve his enlightement. This Totapuri used to throw dirt in people's faces and yet people used to flock him! Imagine THE MASTER OF GREAT RAMAKRISHNA ![/quote]

Not to mention that Totapuri was a Punjabi guy from Ludhiana speaking theth Punjabi :wink:
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Rahul M wrote:
:eek:
since when do you, of all people swear by what the americans do ? I thought it was quite the opposite !
even in american english, bull$hit is not considered fit for polite society ?
calling someone bull$hit is not acceptable on BR, in accordance with the many discussions we have had on the issue of namecalling of public figures.

Bullshit is an American term.

did you expect me to check a Greek dictionary.

Do show where bullshit is not acceptable in the Guidelines?

Christ, you sure appear to be running this place with ideas in your mind as Gospel truth!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Playing to the gallery?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

wasn't there a Babaji who kicked you on the head to bless? I would be damned to be kicked for a blessing! I believe Advani visited him in Mathura to be kicked on the head!
I think his name was machan-baba. IG visited him too.

could some member be kind enough to pen a post that can serve as a starting point for a new thread ? swamy saar ?

Post by Rahul M »

Playing to the gallery?
yes sir, violin. sad that the members can't hear it. :cry:
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Rahul M wrote:
And Rahul_M yes, Mods have to be holier than thou, thats why they are mods. If they want to behave like regular posters, they are welcome to do so after dropping their mod tags.
did I say something to the contrary ?
No you did not, just added for emphasis so to say.

could some member be kind enough to pen a post that can serve as a starting point for a new thread ? swamy saar ?

Opening a closing threads breaks the discussion flow and serves the same purpose as OT discussions IMVHO.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

A history lesson from non-indic source:
Bangladesh came to today's shape through a long history of political evolution. Bengal was probably the wealthiest part of the subcontinent up till the 16th century. The area's early history featured a succession of Indian empires, internal squabbling, and a tussle between Hinduism and Buddhism for dominance. All of this was just a prelude to the unstoppable tide of Islam which washed over northern India at the end of the 12th century. Mohammed Bakhtiar Khalzhi from Turkistan captured Bengal in 1199 with only 20 men.
http://www.bangla2000.com/bangladesh/history.shtm
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Yes he was Machan baba or some equally exotic name and damned if I were to get kicked for a blessing!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Ok SwamyG, I can quit with this last post on Bhagwan Ray:
1.) First he objected to Sam using a non indian name and justified his bible thumping 'cause GeorgeJ showed him finger and he couldn't do anything.
2.) Now he makes a point that people here are trying to divide his nation on Religion, yet makes a comment "because we bengalis are not narrow minded" :?: What does it mean that non bengali indian's are narrow minded?
3.) For whatever the reason he has stopped being Hindu and quotes the bible from heart............... what is going on? Dishing out comments like Ramdev is Bullshit. I say Shri Arvind was a wimp and a charlatan.
In return of his final warnings GeorgeJ slapped his face with a comment "you're not fit to be Admin", he started quoting Bible and playing holier than though. What kind of person is this?
Good Night
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

There is no reason to close this thread.

It is about Strategic leadership.

It is about the Future of India.

So long as religions and extraneous issue are kept out of it unless connected, there is nothing wrong with the thread!
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

I want to close this thread and start a new one, provided people are still interested.
the discussion has become too acrimonious.

Anna, Unless you rein in the people suffering from "Dev Gouda syndrome" (those who can not rise beyond Ram-Nagaram even while siting as PM in Delhi) starting the new thread will not work.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Ok SwamyG, I can quit with this last post on Bhagwan Ray:
1.) First he objected to Sam using a non indian name and justified his bible thumping 'cause GeorgeJ showed him finger and he couldn't do anything.
2.) Now he makes a point that people here are trying to divide his nation on Religion, yet makes a comment "because we bengalis are not narrow minded" :?: What does it mean that non bengali indian's are narrow minded?
3.) For whatever the reason he has stopped being Hindu and quotes the bible from heart............... what is going on? Dishing out comments like Ramdev is Bullshit. I say Shri Arvind was a wimp and a charlatan.
In return of his final warnings GeorgeJ slapped his face with a comment "you're not fit to be Admin", he started quoting Bible and playing holier than though. What kind of person is this?
Good Night
How sweet.

I could do, but that is not my way of liookigna t things, Cybernet is not a place to show power, It is a place to learn! I learn and not show power. That is why I take flak and not worry! And guess I take the maximum of flak. So. what? Never clamp down on thought!

Your hero Ramdev cohorts with an organisation that spawns SIMI and that kill my boys is something that should be rejoiced? It maybe good for you. When visions of my boys who are dead floats before my eyes. I am afraid I cannot, forgive me. I care for my dead boys even if you rejoice in the greatness of SIMI amd the Darul!

Have a nice sleep!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

gandharva wrote:A history lesson from non-indic source:
Bangladesh came to today's shape through a long history of political evolution. Bengal was probably the wealthiest part of the subcontinent up till the 16th century. The area's early history featured a succession of Indian empires, internal squabbling, and a tussle between Hinduism and Buddhism for dominance. All of this was just a prelude to the unstoppable tide of Islam which washed over northern India at the end of the 12th century. Mohammed Bakhtiar Khalzhi from Turkistan captured Bengal in 1199 with only 20 men.
http://www.bangla2000.com/bangladesh/history.shtm
and what does this have to do with this thread ?

(I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of this thread and wondering what point quoting from a bangladeshi source makes.)

Please do not waste a lot of excellent discussion, please go back a few pages and delete everything OT and let people continue on meaningful discussions.

Opening a closing threads breaks the discussion flow and serves the same purpose as OT discussions IMVHO.
the break has already happened. the discussions will not be wasted, it will kept in the archives after filtering out the rubbish.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

It is about Strategic leadership.

It is about the Future of India.

Remainder is rubbish.

As Shiv IIRC has said it is a clever way to bring in Hinduvta stuff.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

RayC wrote:You suggest that one should dance a tango with organisations which spawns SIMI?
I have not written any such thing anywhere on this thread. All I asked of you was to be civil and refer to Baba Ramdev by his name legal Ramkishan and not use Ramu et al. We all understand that you have issues with Baba Ramdev and are free to bring forth your arguments against the man. But your uncouth behaviour is what I objected to in my post. You keep harping that you are a proud Indian but are ignorant of what it means to be Indian. Humility in words and actions is what makes an Indian and I am yet to see it from you.
RayC wrote:Your quotes are out of place. Your anger that your Hinduvta is so apparent.
I may or may not be a Hindutvavadi and how is that any of your concern? You keep harping that each idea on this forum must be argued on its merit and should not matter who makes it. Instead of countering my thoughts you tried to disparage me and thus gave us another demonstration of your shallowness. Please append "Big Boast chota post" to your signature as is befitting you.
RayC wrote:Indeed Bhagwat the RSS bossman did not go! Is that news? If your man, Ramdev did do and then kowtow is that my fault?
Baba Ramdev has my respect for his contribution to the spread of yoga but he is not my man i.e. I do not share any financial or any other interest with Baba Ramdev except I consider his work to be beneficial to India.
RayC wrote:It is time you learnt English. Bullshit is not Cow manure. Bullshit has may connotation. Learn the language and then come back.
I am here of my free will and will come and go as I please and my english is fine. It is you who is fixated on the Queen's english (62 years after independence) along with your bible from which I hear you quote.
RayC wrote:Ramu maybe your hero. Not mine. So who cares if he is an Yadav or whatever? He ius just a Yogamaster as is the Karate master! What is so special about him ? Tell me that and I will agree! Just a damned yoga master!

You may admire him. I don't. As you don't want to call me Bhagwan Ray, I wont call him what you want. He is Ramu to me and I don't have to be his Mother to call him so. He is cute child and he is worthy of adulation that a child deserve!
More uncouth behavior from a person who claims to have served his country but shows no respect for its citizens (Yadav's or whatever).
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

RayC wrote: Mainiush,

It is Arobindo and not Arvind!

Learn to not make everything Hindi!
Thank Rai for letting me know my name in Bengali, I do not have any inferiorty complex regarding my language Punjabi and saying I love Hindi more and Sanskrit much more.
Although you continue to be adamant and call "Ramu". I can say Arbindo still he was a wimp who quit the freedom struggle because couldn't stand a little torture, and was a charlatan who fooled people by claiming to teach immortality.
Good anybody's mask will slip off with so many slaps, and yours comes down too revealing another Thackrey in east. So continue to divide your beloved india on the basis of language and state, but behave sanctimonious to people regarding division on religion. :rotfl:
PS: Sorry SwamyG to break my promise, but removing the mask of a hypocrite is too much fun!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

RayC wrote:Yes he was Machan baba or some equally exotic name and damned if I were to get kicked for a blessing!
Rai did you read the Guru of your great Paramhansa Ramakrishna was Totapuri (Punjabi from Ludhiana :eek: ) He made a small cut in the Third eye of Ramakrishna resulting in the enlightement of your Great Ramakrishna! :rotfl:
Totapuri used to throw dirt in people's face, imagine great Ramakrishna going at the feet of such ahem would call saint! :rotfl:
Let's see if you have the guts to answer this post. :twisted:
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

More uncouth behavior from a person who claims to have served his country but shows no respect for its citizens (Yadav's or whatever).
I don't claim.The records say so. Decorated also, if you so mind! True, I don't respect anyone who does not earn my respect. Something wrong in that?

Have you respected any old Joe?

I respect all citizens.

Do you?

What so great about this yoga man that I have missed and you haven't?
RayC
BRF Oldie

Re: The Trash Thread in the Trash Can (Use 4545 to Merge Posts)

Post by RayC »

Ramakrishna Paramahans is not mine. He is hopefully yours too. Take it or leave it

If he is junk.Then so be it!

Rai did you read the Guru of your great Paramhansa Ramakrishna
Raveen
BRFite

Re: LCA news and discussion

Post by Raveen »

ankit-s wrote: I Assumed that in this case he had the liberty of deciding how he wanted to test the negative G's.

A test pilot flies new aircraft in specific (given) maneuvers, allowing the results to be measured and the design to be evaluated.

The cardinal rule here, akin to Aerodynamical (Bible) commandment for the test pilot:

Thou shall not deviate from the chosen path!

The test pilot has to follow text book type maneuvers.

There was no room for assumption (in your case), if you were cognizant of the above!

Bye 4 now.....and have a good one.
Please note the ' :wink: ' that you conviniently did not quote; the only assumption here is yours -- to assume a senior member is not cognizant of the obvious rules of flight testing.

Thanks,
- Raveen
ankit-s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ankit-s »

a senior member is not cognizant of the obvious rules of flight testing.

I am a Professor who was once taken aback by a student, who I had to salute forthwith for his genius. In the same vein, shall I ask, what seniority has got to do when you dispute the facts and rationale on common sense, Intel-Info and knowledge based platform such as this (I mean BR)?

Just because someone is senior, does it mean he or she can get away by adding 2+2=5?

What kind of a logic is this, that also from a third party jumping the bandwagon out of nowhere?

According to your standards, shall I bow to this senior BR person and take a hike from here?

Dios mio........
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ahem, bringing in seniority is not a way to conduct discussions.
please, do not take this further.
thanks.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Rahul M wrote:ahem, bringing in seniority is not a way to conduct discussions.
please, do not take this further.
thanks.
Fine, but just for the record misquoting ppl and ignoring obvious signs of humor/sarcasm such as a ' :wink: ' in order to state the obvious is also not conducive to a healthy discussion (but then again, ppl who confuse PMs and discussion boards where any 3rd party can contribute can't be blamed). Also, my point was not that someone should be respected because they are senior, rather just stating the fact that the poster was a senior member.

Thanks,
- Raveen
Last edited by Raveen on 10 Dec 2009 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
ankit-s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ankit-s »

Fine, but just for the record misquoting ppl and ignoring obvious signs of humor/sarcasm such as a ' ' in order to state the obvious is also not conducive to a healthy discussion.

Just for the records too, and my last post to you........

Seniority issue was unwarranted, absurd, unpalatable, bunkum and non sequitur in the light of what transpired.

Have a good one though...
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

ankit-s wrote:Fine, but just for the record misquoting ppl and ignoring obvious signs of humor/sarcasm such as a ' ' in order to state the obvious is also not conducive to a healthy discussion.

Just for the records too, and my last post to you........

Seniority issue was unwarranted, absurd, unpalatable, bunkum and non sequitur in the light of what transpired.

Have a good one though...
Well, Rahul's post was for both of us, but I will also give you my last word on this matter:

1. I was stating a fact that the poster was a senior member and not implying that this alone should lead you to respect the poster's opinion let alone accept 2+2=5.
Following your logic, am I supposed argue that you want me to accept everything you say because you claim to be a professor? No, you are stating a fact that you are a professor just as I was stating a fact that the poster was a senior member both are equally factual and maybe considered equally unwarranted, absurd, unpalatable, bunkum and non sequitur.

2. Please remember this is a discussion board and open to all registered 'third parties' (they cease being third parties if they are registered BR members) for discussion and contribution. Don't confuse this with PM and keep all conversations intended for private discussion to PMs/e-mail, else you risk having 'third parties' fulfill the function of this board and discuss. (FYI you became a self-defined 'third party' when you responded to my post for Rahul)

A suggestion:

Please use the quote feature to avoid misquoting ppl or quoting them out of context. Not only would it would avoid a situation where a sarcastic or humorous post is misrepresented as a serious one (aka a repeat performace in this case) but also improves readability.

Other than that, thanks for your superfluous and ornate defence of an argument that stems from you ignoring a :wink: and recognizing humor/sarcasm in a post.

/OT off (let's stick to LCA related posts)

What kind of export potential does the LCA have? (I know I am counting my chickens before they hatch)
Last edited by Raveen on 10 Dec 2009 01:35, edited 3 times in total.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Raveen wrote: 1. I was stating a fact that the poster was a senior member and not implying that this alone should lead you to respect the poster's opinion let alone accept 2+2=5.
er, what was the need for that? The "senior member" had 135 posts, and the "junior member" had 5 posts. And for the record, the "senior member" didn't even mind the "junior member"'s post. So not sure why this was required.
Raveen wrote: Please use the quote feature to avoid misquoting ppl or quoting them out of context. Not only would it would avoid a situation where a sarcastic or humorous post is misrepresented as a serious one (aka a repeat performace in this case) but also improves readability.
Your post appeared sarcastic towards ankit's post. That post wasn't even required, but you are now just dragging the matter further. You intervened in posts between two members, and it wasn't even in the technical/factual nature of the post, but just you assuming that the "Senior member" knew more. And you are just watching the fun now. Neither the other postor involved in the exchange or the moderators thought what ankit did was wrong. But you somehow had to intervene and provoke him??
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

RaviBg wrote: Your post appeared sarcastic towards ankit's post. That post wasn't even required, but you are now just dragging the matter further. You intervened in posts between two members, and it wasn't even in the technical/factual nature of the post, but just you assuming that the "Senior member" knew more. And you are just watching the fun now. Neither the other postor involved in the exchange or the moderators thought what ankit did was wrong. But you somehow had to intervene and provoke him??
NOW NOW BRFITES!!! we are one big happy Family.. While I appreciate Raveen sticking up for what is correct, there is no need to Flack him for that. As far as gettting this OT.. I heeded Kartik's and Rahul's advice and I decided not to reply, so Please let's all just DROP this and get back to our good ole YELL SEE YAY!!!
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Intelligence & National Security Discussion

Post by Craig Alpert »

sum wrote: The print edition has a pic of her being led away to court by policemen...
Sorry couldn't help, but is she good looking?
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

RaviBG, I respect your opinion although I disagree with it. I will heed Rahul's post and let this matter rest.
Any comments about export potential of our beloved LCA?
sum
BRF Oldie

Re: Intelligence & National Security Discussion

Post by sum »

Craig Alpert wrote:
sum wrote: The print edition has a pic of her being led away to court by policemen...
Ha ha..no comments on that. Matter of national security!!! :P

Btw, reports also mentioned that RAW training institute is in sector-18, Gurgaon ( didn't know this was open source info). Has any BRFite chanced upon this? Is it like a usual drab, discreet giant sarkari building or a huge campus with small buildings hidden away inside it?
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Craig Alpert wrote:
She is 50 years old.
Now you might not be so interested haan?
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

^ for you perverts
sumshyam
BRFite

Re: Indian Missile Technology Discussion

Post by sumshyam »

Ok...guyz here is a typical link....!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpWRty6AVg

I am sorry to be off the topic...I could not resist posting it...!
Last edited by sumshyam on 14 Dec 2009 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
sumshyam
BRFite

Re: Indian Missile Technology Discussion

Post by sumshyam »

VijayKumarSinha wrote: Sumshyam your link is not working. You havn't put the link in the [youtube] tag the right way. It was a good propaganda piece on his part. He obviously has a beef against Israel. Good Video.
ok...I edited my post...!

I have send you a mail on the id from profile..just you check it....!!