Time for a BR Meet in Chennai?

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Time for a BR Meet in Chennai?

Post by Raja Ram »

SSridhar sir,

How about a BR Meet in Chennai? Asking you as you are the Moderator from here. Last time round we had a good meet. But it was quite a while back.

Chennai BRFites,
Please indicate interest on this thread and if Sridhar says ok, maybe there will be one.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Re: Time for a BR Meet in Chennai?

Post by Chinmayanand »

IB4TL :(( :(( :((
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Why Ib4tl?

sounds like a godd idea. Not that I can attend. But its great if BR chapters can meet and further the sense of the desi think-tanking community. More to you, raja ram garu.
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

I am in (for the meet) before (thread lock) unless I am out of station for unavoidable reasons.

Lets have one sooner...
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

I live in Massaland but am a native of Chennai. Planning to visit sometime in September-October timeframe. If the meet is sometime then, I'd love to make it
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Hmm Chennai has some pretty serious BRF posters so Godspeed guys. And please keep us informed of the food and other gup/shup in the Nukkad. :mrgreen:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I expect to be in Madras (Chennai, what is that :-)) between Aug 22nd and Aug 25th. My itinerary is jam-packed, but I will try to wiggle out for few hours. Raja ram saar you can email me at **** . If you can acknowledge I will edit this post. We can tie up for our favorite lotus party too.

Folks I can also make Hyderabad or Bangalore meet in August :-)

Ofcourse I need to ask SHQ's permission. I promise to keep quiet and take notes when you gurus talk.

ps: Last time I was in India...we friends (outside BRF) drank @posh places then ate at Vasantha Cafe and Murugan Idli Kadai.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

:(( :(( Last time I was ill and this time i'm not even in the same country :(( :((
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Raja Ram Sir,

I am in. Let me know the time and venue. And if you need any help in logistics, let me know.
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

count me in folks... cheers/rajpa
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

If things are ok then i might come too and bring along my son, he likes lots of people around him and likes to pull their hair and ears off. :mrgreen:
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

before that a mini BR meet at chennai

willbe there on 15 th this month evening and evening is free - lets have meet -have never met the chennai group -how many of you interested
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

krishnan wrote:If things are ok then i might come too and bring along my son, he likes lots of people around him and likes to pull their hair and ears off. :mrgreen:
sounds like fun ! :twisted:
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Last time around RSVPed to the meet but an unexpected but important guest turned up and spoiled the plans :(( .

Pls. include me in the list (tentative). Will try my best to attend.

Rajaram Saar already has my email id
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Yes ! I am visiting India after 22nd August 2009 for about a month or so. Let me know the exact date by e mail so that i can plan in advance.
ashmaharaj

Post by ashmaharaj »

Raja ram sir

count me in. We can meet on a Sunday for Lunch if its ok for every one
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

I am very interested in attending, finally I can now map the face to the names :mrgreen:

Any help with logistics, arrangements etc please do let me know...
Neilz
BRFite

Post by Neilz »

count me too....... as a newB.. it will be good opportunity..
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Raja Ram, unlike last time, we should perhaps meet over a lunch now. May be, we two can present our slides that we made for another occassion.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

tsriram wrote::(( :(( Last time I was ill and this time i'm not even in the same country :(( :((
C'mon, old fogies @mongst Chennai BRFites can do with some 'chaddi race' excitement! :wink:
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Raja Bose wrote:
tsriram wrote::(( :(( Last time I was ill and this time i'm not even in the same country :(( :((
C'mon, old fogies @mongst Chennai BRFites can do with some 'chaddi race' excitement! :wink:
I wish! Maybe I could make it to a Bay Area meet :D
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

SSridhar: Can you edit my email address out? I am not able to edit it out. I am still tentative but very eager to attend if it is between Aug 22nd and 25th. Lunch sounds good. Hopefully no last minute schedule changes for me.

Is it still hot out there? How is the drinking water problem in dear old Madras?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

SwamyG, done. What water problem are you talking about ?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

tsriram wrote:
I wish! Maybe I could make it to a Bay Area meet :D
Given Dileep saar's description of the Bay Area meet, we might get chased down by tinted glass Cadillacs! :eek:
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

please! if it is convenient and the organigers thinks it worthy,
include me in, have plans to be in Madras around 25th onwards.
kvraghavaiah
BRFite

Post by kvraghavaiah »

Hi,
I too am very much interested to have a meet in Chennai(I work in Chennai). I will be free at any time after Aujust.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Sridhar: Strange you ask that question. Madras and water problem go in the same sentence onlee. After amma put in RWH, heard the water table rose.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

where is B Harry is these days - hopefully atleast he will turn up in some disguise :rotfl:
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Yeah thats the impression my family has about the city(state) (perhaps most of it is due to hearsay) but after me and my bro got Jaundice my parents got really concerned ; btw is it due to the leather industry in and around 'Tambram' ?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

^^^^
Pallavaram, near Tamabram has problems related to leather tanning industry - especially near the area 'Pamal'. Residents were not happy about a nearby tanning industry.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Though OT, Water situation in Chennai is really bad this time at least in southern suburbs. Ground water levels have receded badly in areas where ground water was never an issue like Chitlapakkam, Selaiyur etc. the lake beds have become dry.

RWH pioneered by amma did improve the water levels, but for the past few years, the whole thing has become a farce. Most of the RWH drains are clogged and the implementation in newer houses have just been an eyewash. People are relying on tankers which are ferrying water from villages nearby.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

krishnan wrote:If things are ok then i might come too and bring along my son, he likes lots of people around him and likes to pull their hair and ears off. :mrgreen:
Great Idea count me in. I'd love to meet u'r son bring him on :D
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Please do announce your venue well in advance, so that members of the Indian Statistical Institute can give y'all a proper welcome.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

Sorry guys, for not attending to this thread after starting it.

I am travelling quite a bit nowadays and was hoping someone else did the venue fixing this time. Lunch sounds fine. Sridhar sir, my presentation is ready, but going by the audience they may find what I have to say to be too simple. Would love to hear one of yours.

I have a list of around 13 email addresses with me, to which I will send out a mail. All those who do not receive a mail from me, please send me or Sridhar Sir a mail so that we can include it. You can send me a message at rajaram(underscore)mk at yahoo dot come

I can try and get a small auditorium near my place (RA Puram). Dont know if we can have lunch there though.

How about this Sunday i.e 19 July 09?
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Any presentation there is at a BR meet, along with a minutes of the meet should be circulated amongst the halal members who could not attend.
To this end I would suggest that all members register an email ID they frequently use with admins or which can be sent to the messages section of each members page.

Further that each such thread should end with a minutes of the meeting of the said meet.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

There are about 17 people now from the earlier BR meet and those who have responded and sent me mail from this thread. If there is anyone here who has not sent in a mail to me, please do so. So that we can update the list. I will send out a mail later today to the updated list. If you do not receive it, please reach out to us.

We are tentatively aiming for 26 July. It will be mostly a lunch time meet (with lunch :) )

geeth and Himanshu, thanks for your offer to volunteer.

As for minutes of meeting, this is a BR Chennai meet. So you can expect the chennai seriousness and minimum fuss and top level secrecy :mrgreen: ! We will release what can be released!

SridharS, geeth and Himanshu, pl chk your mail
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

cant find your email id saar .. pls mail me at rajpa @ ovi daat com
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

:cry: So I can't attend.. baawwwwwww. :cry: :cry: Hopefully some poonyavan manages to arrange a second BRF-Chennai meet (back to back months) in August.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

SwamyG, don't lose hope. We can still meet in Aug also.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

Folks, I have sent out a mail to those who have sent mails to me. It includes those who are from the great city of chennai but currently outside and planning to visit it sometime. So that you can all know that there are kindered BRfites here.

If anyone else wants to join in please reach out to me or SridharS. Our email IDs are in this thread. If anyone on this thread who has expressed interest and not received a mail from me, please contact me as well.

Yogi_G thanks for you offer to volunteer, sorry I had missed your post.