Indian Missile Technology Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Missile Technology Discussion

Post by Singha »

Does this help Dare get ahead in the race?

something > nothing. MAWS is necessary on a lot of platforms
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Jamal K. Malik wrote:India Joins the Star Wars
India's Missiles Fly Up the Learning Curve

http://www.army-technology.com/features/feature2001/
http://www.airforce-technology.com/feat ... ture56251/

a good article to read
No, they aren't good articles. The analysis in both of them is shallow and inaccurate.
AmitR
BRFite

Post by AmitR »

Avarachan wrote:
Jamal K. Malik wrote:India Joins the Star Wars
India's Missiles Fly Up the Learning Curve

http://www.army-technology.com/features/feature2001/
http://www.airforce-technology.com/feat ... ture56251/

a good article to read
No, they aren't good articles. The analysis in both of them is shallow and inaccurate.
i agree high on hype
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

India upgrading ballistic missile defence system
Saraswat said that under the second part of the development programme the country would enhance its missile defence capability to engage intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) with a range of 5,000-6,000-km.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

I feel these are significant developments by India, where DRDO is a pioneer in the field of Missile Technology

1. The blunt nosed maneuverable Agni-1 / 2 reentry vehicle
2. Shourya - The Hypersonic Ballistic-Cruise missile
3. PAD / AAD.

Observations / comments please
govardhanks
BRFite

Post by govardhanks »

The microwave missiles , technology advances more.. We should not be self satisfied.. :D

Electronic circuits and machinery is very important for any modern warfare, it is a nice target to destroy....These things are the future technologies.."Hurdles to a usable system include miniaturizing the antennas and the power supply. According to Air Force documents, the winner of the $40 million CHAMP contract, expected to be chosen this year, would have five years to demonstrate a working device."
complete URL link - http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 19720.html

All electronic instruments work under Standard temperature and pressure, anything varying them varys their function too!!! Example is liquid nitrogen , -196 degrees can block any elctronic circuits used in bombs may be used dismantling them.
Comments please...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Goverdhan, Dont get a case of catalogitis or brochurities. Indian needs weapons suitable for her needs and not what are there available elsewhere in someone's dreams. By making this the standard the Indian armed forces will never get equipped with suitable gear.
What India needs is stuff in quantity and things like this wont be available in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

"The best is enemy of the good."
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Once a vehicle is turned over to the services its testing should not be disclosed except after its over. I think this is SOP in all other countries.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

From a post by Mullah Forden in the Ayatollah Blog
The fact that they already have a rocket body ready to move to the West coast launch complex means that they are following what in the US would be called “concurrent acquisition.” In such an development path, the North would be “mass producing” U’nha-2’s even as it develops it. This has been practiced in the US, and has in fact, been used for many of the US ICBM development programs; programs which are judged so vital to the national interest that the US has been willing to run the risk of building into a number of missiles any design/production problems that might be discovered during the testing program.
atma
BRFite

Post by atma »

deleted
Last edited by atma on 11 Jun 2009 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
tripathi
BRFite

Post by tripathi »

^^thats 6 months old news.
govardhanks
BRFite

Post by govardhanks »

Ramana sir i brought this news for discussion, our technology should not be inferior to anyone, Thats what i mean..
And those are dreams which can be true, before our enemy thinks about it we should think..

Why will indian army if euipped with them be less geared?

Yes, agreed stuff in quantity matters..
Small numbers can also make difference, may not be huge but useful.. we don't need nuke our enemy and say we won. Smart targets are worth hundred percent safe for us.
But sir,
This is true! " The best is enemy of good" i really agree..
Omar
BRFite

Post by Omar »

I'm not sure if this research has been discussed on the missile technology thread but I'll post it anyways because I couldn't find it on BRs Agni page.
A new innovative technology for increasing the range of high speed missiles such as recently launched Agni by reducing the drag encountered during its flight has been developed in the high enthalpy aerodynamics laboratory in the Dept. of Aerospace Engineering...The technique is to coat the nose portion of the missile with a thin layer of material such as chromium. This metal coating evaporates due to the heating of the missile nose or vehicle during its hypersonic flight and the evaporated metal particles in atomic form react exothermically with the oxygen atoms surrounding the body to release additional heat into the air in front of the missile. This heat addition reduces the drag force up to about 47%...
Source: http://www.iisc.ernet.in/resehig_drag.html

Findings have been published here: http://www.iisc.ernet.in/researchhigh/p ... ds2008.pdf
AmitR
BRFite

Post by AmitR »

Omar wrote:I'm not sure if this research has been discussed on the missile technology thread but I'll post it anyways because I couldn't find it on BRs Agni page.
A new innovative technology for increasing the range of high speed missiles such as recently launched Agni by reducing the drag encountered during its flight has been developed in the high enthalpy aerodynamics laboratory in the Dept. of Aerospace Engineering...
Yes this was reported a few months back and discussed as I remember