Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - November 06, 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - November 06, 2009

Post by SSridhar »

It will not be too difficult to control local Taliban once US decided to leave

This is PML-Nawaz's view.

It is becoming quite clear now. There was a time in late 2007 and early 2008 when Nawaz said that India was not the threat, Pakistan must improve trade with India etc. In the last few months, his brother Shehbaz Sharif has been vociferously attacking India for its destabilization of Pakistan. Nawaz Sharif himself accused India recently in a similar vein. Now, PML-N has clearly articulated the view that the Taliban are not the threat, something that they always believed in, being closet jihadi Islamists themselves. Nawaz is gearing up to take over the mantle perhaps. PPP might split down the middle after the NRO fiasco and a faction might join PML-N.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Many others around the country – including intellectuals, Hindus, artists – considered to be progressive and pro-liberation had already been hunted down and executed by these pro-Pakistan squads. However, after independence, only a handful of these killers were caught and most escaped, never to face trial.
Who says crime doesn't pay? Not only will these worthies never face trial, they will never have to say or feel they're sorry. Their circle will be wholly justified in thinking that hunting down cowardly banias is a risk-free proposition. Terrible.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Will There Always Be a Pakistan? -SETH CROPSEY
Meanwhile, the wave of officers who were recruited during Zia's Islamizing years is moving into the leadership ranks. The youngest of them are now field-grade officers. Signs are emerging that this is far from a unified military, with widening splits between secular and religious officers as well as problems among different Islamic sects. With official encouragement, for example, some Sunni officers have decided to grow out their beards, while Shiite officers are markedly absent from Sunni-led prayers.
When Benazir Bhutto, the former prime minister, was assassinated in Rawalpindi two years ago, rioters in Sindh chanted Pakistan na khappay, or "Pakistan no longer exists." Zardari, her husband, tried to quiet the crowd, telling them Pakistan khappay -- "Pakistan does exist." He was right. For the moment.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

It is becoming quite clear now. There was a time in late 2007 and early 2008 when Nawaz said that India was not the threat, Pakistan must improve trade with India etc. In the last few months, his brother Shehbaz Sharif has been vociferously attacking India for its destabilization of Pakistan. Nawaz Sharif himself accused India recently in a similar vein. Now, PML-N has clearly articulated the view that the Taliban are not the threat, something that they always believed in, being closet jihadi Islamists themselves. Nawaz is gearing up to take over the mantle perhaps. PPP might split down the middle after the NRO fiasco and a faction might join PML-N.
So, has the Paki top brass ( TSPA + top politicos) decided to hunker down and take a few blows/IED mubaraks from the TTP till the US leaves A'tan and Pak gets its 72 ( in this case, control of A'tan and strategic depth)?

Hope this is another of the TSPA's "strategic brilliant" plans which leads them straight to the can.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Hari Seldon wrote:
Many others around the country – including intellectuals, Hindus, artists – considered to be progressive and pro-liberation had already been hunted down and executed by these pro-Pakistan squads. However, after independence, only a handful of these killers were caught and most escaped, never to face trial.
Who says crime doesn't pay? Not only will these worthies never face trial, they will never have to say or feel they're sorry. Their circle will be wholly justified in thinking that hunting down cowardly banias is a risk-free proposition. Terrible.
Karma my friend, Karma. If they don't pay for it in this Janma they will do so eventually in the next. Eventually Karma will run over dogma in some janma.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SSridhar wrote:Killing Squads
An unnerving thing happened the other day. I was invited to a friend’s house for a cup of tea. There I met two people: one, who currently works at the US embassy, had fought with the Al Badrs, a religious killing squad that allied with Pakistan during the Liberation War in 1971. The other is the head of English in one of Dhaka’s universities, and his brother narrowly escaped being executed by the very man who now sat across the table from him.

The men did not recognise each other at first, not until they both introduced themselves to me. I was the penny, and when it dropped, the atmosphere became, for lack of a better word, ‘unfriendly.’ The ex-Al Badr made a dash for the door. The professor, blood curdled, partly with shock but mostly with rage, summoned up the courage to explain why.

During the Liberation, the professor’s brother had been working as an artist, a trade which the Al-Badrs considered to be anti-Islam and hence anti-Pakistan. In the dying stages of the war, just days before liberation, the professor’s brother found himself at the mercy of the ‘killing squad.’ Many others around the country – including intellectuals, Hindus, artists – considered to be progressive and pro-liberation had already been hunted down and executed by these pro-Pakistan squads. However, after independence, only a handful of these killers were caught and most escaped, never to face trial.
They do it all in the name of Islam! I think many Muslims of the world would agree that if there is one nation that has single handedly done tremendous damage to Islam, it is Pakistan. They were doing the right thing considering dropping "Islamic" from their name, as they have only brought bad name to Islam. But they cannot live without the name, as they need an excuse to cover up such crimes and sell them to their own public as pious deeds.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Shops closed in parts of Karachi after firing
Updated at: 2045 PST, Wednesday, December 16, 2009

KARACHI: Amid reports of aerial firing, shops and business activities were closed in the different parts of Karachi.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

SSridhar wrote:This is PML-Nawaz's view. It is becoming quite clear now.
SS garu,

There happens to be almost exact match between the views of ganja and ashHolebrooke. I was watching ashHolebrooke's adress at the CFR (on TV) and his views came across thus. That was the most charitable view of Taliban from a westerner I have heard in a while.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... -nro-qs-01

Looks like Zardari's goose is cooked.

Their supreme court scraps the NRO giving immunity to him from corruption cases.
Uday B
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Uday B »

But still as long as Zardari is the president, Presidency gives him the Immunity from it.

Next in the firing line after zardari is "gaffer" Rehman Malik :lol:
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyMB14i8mwg
Mr Bhutto tearing the paperwork for UN resolution
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^I have watched the above in near real time (It was played again and again in the news here in US).. though my favorite part was just before this he (Bhutto) said " I am not a rat and I am not ratting" :)

With respect to Bangladesh and surrender ceremony.. US press had excellent access and reported it live here in USA.
(I still have NYtimes of that day saved )
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Christians imprisoned for blasphemy released

http://www.speroforum.com/site/article. ... y+released

Faisalabad (AsiaNews) - Gulsher Masih and his daughter Sandal, from a village near Faisalabad, indicted and arrested on charges of blasphemy against Islam in October last year, were released on December 14. Khalil Tahir, Gulsher and Sandal’s lawyer, confirmed the ruling of the court in Faisalabad to AsiaNews.

The two Christians were accused of blasphemy under Article 295 paragraph B of the Pakistan Penal Code October 9, 2008. They were charged with having torn some pages from the Koran in the village of Tehsil Chak Jhumra, located in the district of Faisalabad.

Some Muslims who were walking near the Gulsher home accused Masih and his daughter Sandal of "having torn pages of the Koran and thrown them on the street". The story spread among the mosques of the village, sparking the revolt of an angry mob. Residents of neighbouring villages also took part in the assault, marching with torches to the village, shouting "Death to blasphemers”.

According to data collected by the National Commission for Justice and Peace (NCJP) of the Catholic Church of Pakistan, from 1986 to August 2009, at least 964 people have been charged under the blasphemy law: among these 479 were Muslims, 119 Christians, 340 Ahmadis , 14 Hindu and 10 of unknown religion. There have been at least 33 extra-judicial killings, committed by individuals or angry crowds. Last on this sad list is Fanish, who died last September, for whom Christians are still waiting for justice.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

BREAKING NEWS: Pakistan Muslim Employers Poison And Kill Christians, Police Say

http://www.worthynews.com/7099-breaking ... police-say

GUJRANWALA, PAKISTAN (Worthy News)-- A Christian sanitation worker was struggling for his life Wednesday, December 16, in a hospital of Pakistan's Punjab province after two Christian co-workers already died because Muslim employers apparently poisoned them, police and family confirmed.

The father of the three workers, Yousaf Masih, said the incident happened Monday, December 14, in a banquet and wedding hall where his sons demanded wages owed to them.

Masih said the Muslim managers of the facility were angry that Christians dared to ask for payment. "My sons were apparently forced to consume some kind of poisoned drink, or a drug...They were left there to die," he said, adding that their bosses also made abusive remarks about Christianity.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Comparing Pakistan’s Islamists to India’s Maoists

http://blogs.reuters.com/pakistan/2009/ ... s-maoists/

chhattisgarhOne of the more controversial arguments doing the rounds is the question of whether you can compare Pakistan’s Islamist militants to Maoist insurgents in India. Both claim to champion the cause of social justice and have been able to exploit local grievances against poor governance to win support, and both use violence against the state to try to achieve their aims.

The differences are obvious: the Islamist militants come from the religious right; the Maoists from the far-left. In Pakistan, the militants have become powerful enough to strike at the heart of the country’s major cities. In India, the Maoists remain largely confined to the country’s interiors, although their influence is spreading through large parts of its rural hinterland.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

If they don’t like us, take our money back

http://www.linncountynews.net/index.php ... Itemid=119

The more I hear about how other nations don’t like us, except for the money we give them to buy their "friendship," the more I feel an isolationist attitude would be a healthier position for our country to take.

The following is a short list of nations that the United States sends money to, the majority of them being nations of Islamic descent that have no particular love of our country. It is interesting how they vote in the United Nations and what kind of money we are pouring into their economies in a time when we are facing high unemployment, funding cuts to education and more.

The following came via e-mail:

"How they vote in the United Nations:

Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the U.S. State Department and United Nations records:

Kuwait votes against the United States 67 percent of the time

Qatar votes against the United States 67 percent of the time

Morocco votes against the United States 70 percent of the time

United Arab Emirates votes against the U. S. 70 percent of the time

Jordan votes against the United States 71 percent of the time

Tunisia votes against the United States 71 percent of the time

Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73 percent of the time

Yemen votes against the United States 74 percent of the time

Algeria votes against the United States 74 percent of the time

Oman votes against the United States 74 percent of the time

Sudan votes against the United States 75 percent of the time

Pakistan votes against the United States 75 percent of the time

Libya votes against the United States 76 percent of the time

Egypt votes against the United States 79 percent of the time

Lebanon votes against the United States 80 percent of the time

India votes against the United States 81 percent of the time

Syria votes against the United States 84 percent of the time

Mauritania votes against the United States 87 percent of the time

U S Foreign Aid to those that hate us:

Egypt, for example, after voting 79 percent of the time against the United States, still receives $2 billion annually n U.S. Foreign Aid.

Jordan votes 71 percent against the United States and receives $192,814,000 annually in U.S. Foreign Aid.

Pakistan votes 75 percent against the United States and receives $6,721,000 annually in U.S. Foreign Aid.

India votes 81 percent against the United States and receives $143,699,000 annually.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Sexual Harassment in Pakistan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nosheen-a ... 91904.html

Sumaira, who worked at the Islamabad office of an international non- governmental organisation (NGO), spent her days in fear and unease, dreading the inevitable moment her senior male colleague would brush up against her. He would, then, always claim that he was trying to explain a work-related matter to her. In addition, for over a year she had been subjected to other objectionable behaviour such as ogling and unwanted text messages and calls. When she did not reciprocate, the colleague became vengeful. On at least three occasions he had written anonymous letters to the management, accusing her of having illicit relationships with men at the office. As a result Sumaira's work suffered and she was constantly stressed out even when not at the office.

The three tiers of management above her, including her direct boss and the country director, believed her but had no idea how to handle the issue. "I had told my boss that I was being harassed by my colleague," she says, "but since there was no existing policy against sexual harassment, they didn't know how to help." The administration finally found an indirect way of fixing the situation: she was advised to complain that her colleague was embezzling funds, since he had also been asking her to approve incorrect expense receipts. This is how she addressed her woes and got rid of her tormentor "but unfortunately not because of the way he treated me," she says.

Sumaira's plight may sound familiar to many others because harassment at the workplace is, to date, not recognised as a punishable offence in Pakistan. Because of this, coupled with the lack of awareness about the issue, many women do not get as much support as she enjoyed in such situations -- in fact, in many a situation, a complaint can create even more problems for the woman being harassed. Maheen Usmani, who used to work at Dunya TV, says she faced even more problems after she filed a complaint against the channel's managing director, Yousaf Mirza Baig. "He would call me late at night, stare me down during meetings and eventually he started cutting out TV reports that I had worked on." In what eventually became a famous case, Usmani says she was barred from entering her own office and later heard defamatory rumours about herself.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

80 percent achievement in war on terror, says Malik

http://www.pakistantimes.net/pt/detail.php?newsId=6864

ISLAMABAD: The Interior Minister A. Rehman Malik Wednesday said the war against the terrorists is being successfully conducted and soon it would be over.

We have achieved 80 percent success in the war against terrorism and soon it would be over, he said while reiterating the commitment of political and military leadership to eliminate the terrorists and militants.Addressing a seminar on - war on terror - here at a local hotel, he said; We will not accept any offer of dialogue unless the terrorists lay their arms.

Malik informed the participants that the situation facing the country is the remnant of the Soviet Union’s war. The terrorists wanted to destabilize the country and were targeting innocent people in settled areas after their failure in the nefarious designs in Swat and tribal areas of NWFP.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

For westerners, it’s not easy to join the Taliban

http://www.sananews.com.pk/english/2009 ... e-taliban/

WASHINGTON, Dec 16 (SANA): As five U.S. students are alleged to have discovered, joining Afghanistan’s Taliban insurgents isn’t easy for outsiders — one reason the flow of foreign fighters to Afghanistan so far is a small stream compared to the tide once seen in Iraq.

Unlike foreign recruits who found porous borders and easy entry into Iraq, potential jihad fighters heading to the Afghan-Pakistan border face forbidding terrain and closely watched travel routes as well as precision drone attacks. And they are often looked on suspiciously by insular Afghan militant groups who tend to depend on their own tribal members to enlarge their fighting ranks.

“The greater concern with Pakistan is that foreign fighters are going there to get their training and leaving. They’re going to Germany, Spain or the United States, and that’s what threatens the United States in the long term,” said Rick Nelson, a counterterrorism expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Zarate said the Taliban groups, especially those in the Kashmir region, don’t need foreign fighters because they’ve got plenty of local Pashtun recruits who are committed to their cause.

Breaking into those networks often requires a long vetting process.

“It’s like if you wanted to join the Mafia, you don’t get a meeting with the boss. You have to have someone vouch for you, you have to work through the ranks,” said Nelson. In Pakistan, he said, “they’re a little more paranoid. Their trust factor is low.”
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Iran presents evidence of Pakistan's links with Jundallah

http://www.tehrantimes.com/Index_view.asp?code=210096

Ebrahim Hamidi, the director of the Sistan-Baluchistan provincial justice department, said the documents were based on confessions obtained from Abdolmalek Rigi's brother Abdolhamid, who is currently in prison in Iran.

Abdolmalek Rigi, who leads the group, is based in Pakistan. He has organized several deadly attacks inside Iranian territory over the past few years.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Sohail Tanveer given Indian visa for IPL

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=93732

LAHORE: Test cricketer Sohail Tanvir has said that he has got visa for India to feature in the third edition of Indian Premier League (IPL), Geo news reported on Wednesday night.

Tanvir said he was in contact with the league’s administration and now it was up to the IPL to make any decision.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

Nayak wrote:If they don’t like us, take our money back

The more I hear about how other nations don’t like us, except for the money we give them to buy their "friendship," the more I feel an isolationist attitude would be a healthier position for our country to take.
Egypt, for example, after voting 79 percent of the time against the United States, still receives $2 billion annually n U.S. Foreign Aid.

Jordan votes 71 percent against the United States and receives $192,814,000 annually in U.S. Foreign Aid.

Pakistan votes 75 percent against the United States and receives $6,721,000 annually in U.S. Foreign Aid.

India votes 81 percent against the United States and receives $143,699,000 annually.
This is totally BS.
Number for Pakistan don't look right. Three zero are missing
Question: Does India takes money from U.S? If yes then why?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

And India holds $35,000,000,000 of US treasury debt, i.e. money loaned to US.
Ananya
BRFite

Post by Ananya »

does UN and its voting really matter .
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

--edit--
Last edited by Nayak on 17 Dec 2009 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

--edit--
Last edited by Nayak on 17 Dec 2009 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

R_Kumar wrote:

This is totally BS.
This is official number from the US govt money.
What is going to Pak is from other sources - Banks-
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Yeh GUBO nahi aasan, buss itna samajh leeje
Arabzadeh nahi, Khaanzadeh "Bunnna" parta hai.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... blunders/1
Same enemies; same blunders?
SHIREEN M MAZARI

Now the COAS himself has publicly demanded from the US that they stop the drone attacks. This demand has come at a time when the US is threatening to widen the scope of the drone attacks to urban centres like Quetta. Moreover, Obama himself has declared that if there is "actionable intelligence" - and we have seen the American version of this in Iraq's WMD case - the US will strike inside Pakistan. Given that the US is already doing that through its drone attacks, presumably it is now also looking at boots on the ground in Pakistan. So, the question is, what will the Pakistan military do if the US does not heed the COAS's demand of halting drone attacks? We certainly have the technical capability to down a drone so should the PAF not do exactly that in order to make the demand credible. Otherwise, like the statements emanating from the political leadership, the military leadership's credibility will suffer a major dent - especially since the US continues to claim that its drone attacks are done with full support from the political and military leadership of Pakistan.
As for the Indo-US partnership, it is responsible for the free flow of arms from Afghanistan into Balochistan and FATA. Inside Pakistan, we also have US covert operatives defying all laws of the land with the Pakistan government unwilling to take any action.
Last edited by Prem on 17 Dec 2009 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

I would love to see Shrilleen wet dream of downing Amrikhan's drone come true. :lol:
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Please desist from such behavior. Either write a line or two about what the contents of the link are, or, if you are too busy to do that, don't post. No blind links please.
Thanks.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

:lol: It only means that these guys are sponsoring a brand of Taliban to oppose the Americans.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

The following is a short list of nations that the United States sends money to, the majority of them being nations of Islamic descent that have no particular love of our country. It is interesting how they vote in the United Nations and what kind of money we are pouring into their economies in a time when we are facing high unemployment, funding cuts to education and more.
:rotfl: I pay you and you vote for me

Now where have I heard that? :lol:
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

That UN vote vs. aid email is a very old one circulating on the internet. The aid amounts listed are USAID budgets for each country (with some exceptions like Egypt) when the email was first written, and is vastly out of date. I wouldn't spend too much mental energy worrying about it.

In any case, whatever USAID has left in India is just well paid sinecures for some US officials rather than actual help to India. :shrug:
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Acharya wrote:
R_Kumar wrote:

This is totally BS.
This is official number from the US govt money.
What is going to Pak is from other sources - Banks-
Currently US is paying Pakistan $2.2 billion, after KL it is going to be $3.4 billion.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Funny enactment by kids of 1971 creation of Bangladesh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_3vmViFrw&feature=fvw
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

^
repost, but worth it.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Baloch senator clears India of any ‘interference’ in Balochistan
"We don't have a proof. As a representative of Baloch people and a leader of a National Party, I have no information on this. Maybe, intelligence agencies of India and Pakistan have knowledge about it," Baloch leader and Senator Mir Hasil Bizenjo said on Tuesday night.