Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - November 06, 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - November 06, 2009

Post by Dilbu »

US has a history of having to attack all its past rent boys at one point or other. Saddam is the latest example. The only question is if and when unkil decides to bomb TSP will the yindians offer refuelling facility for the bombers or will they do gandhigiri and hold the moral high ground all the while watching the fun munching on bisi bele bath. :mrgreen:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

SSridhar wrote:This ulema conference to condemn suicide blasts creates other problem apart from splitting the ulema community vertically.
More info from DAWN
Leaders of Jamaat-i-Islami, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-F and JUI-S and Maulana Abdul Aziz, the former head of Lal Masjid, did not attend the conference because of differences with the government over its policy on war on terror.
Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri, general secretary of JUI-F who hosted a meeting of ‘likeminded’ Ulema and political leaders, said they wanted to attend the conference and take a unified stance, but could not do so because a number of them had fallen ill. {after eating the poisonous halwa}

Mr {Rehman} Malik said that some Ulema did not attend the conference and ‘we understand their compulsions’. He said the government would try to persuade them to attend such conferences in future.
The halwa was a gift
It to be mentioned here that the halwa was presented as a gift to Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Hayderi by someone.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

There are 414 'Special Americans' in Islamabad
Sources told the nation that these Americans are named “Special Americans” and they are not American diplomats.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

TFT N U G G E T S
Wrongly explained state

Chief Editor Jinnah wrote that PPP spokesperson Fauzia Wahab told the press that Pakistan was not a security state but an economy-based state. He took strong exception to this and observed that Ms Wahab should not have said this in the open. Because not terming Pakistan a security state could harm the PPP government. He stated that if Ms Wahab had said it in rage (tap gai) she should learn to control herself. He thought an economy-based Pakistani state would have to normalise relations with India and that was not acceptable.

The world is a prison!

Reported in daily Pakistan the speakers at the annual congregation of Tablighi Jamaat said that for a sinner the world was a place of luxury (aish khana) but for a Muslim it was nothing more than a prison. The Muslims must think why they have lost domination and go back to the example of the Prophet PBUH and try to regain the power to act according to their faith. In Jang, the prayer leader of the congregation was quoted as saying that if the mosques were filled with people, the issues of the state will be immediately resolved. Jang reported him as saying that Pakistan had established links with ghair (stranger) meaning America, which was wrong.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Of Tamil Tigers and Serendipity - Akbar Agha in TFT
Excerpts
. . . very few people realize that, in fact, it was Pakistan which first trained the Sri Lankan army in counter insurgency operations. This is not such a well known fact because the information lies buried in Top Secret files in the archives section of the Foreign Office in Islamabad. However, I remember it all as if it had happened yesterday. . . .

For me personally, the most interesting place we visited was Taxila – a World Heritage Site. It was here that I took twenty-four colour pictures without knowing the particularly important role these pictures would play in our relationship and our subsequent military cooperation with Sri Lanka. . . .

Another amusing incident took place when one day the ship Safina-e-Hajaj, carrying pilgrims from East Pakistan to Mecca, docked at Colombo. The captain of the ship invited me to visit the pilgrims. When I arrived there, he gave me the microphone and claimed that the pilgrims would be honoured if I would address them. At that moment, I found myself in an extremely embarrassing position. I had been educated in English medium schools, and my Urdu was not proficient enough for me to deliver an inspirational speech to the tired pilgrims. {Those East Pakistani Bengalis would never have understood your Urdu, poor or rich, anyway}

A few days later, I received a call from the Assistant Secretary: “Please bring your slides to Temple Trees – the Prime Minister’s residence – at 7 pm”. I postponed my visit to the Egyptian ambassador’s reception and proceeded to Temple Trees, where I was whisked into the residence. Mrs Bandaranaike was there to receive me with a beautiful smile, however what I noticed more than her pearly white teeth were her feet, because she was standing there barefoot! I was amazed that the world’s first female Prime Minister was walking about Temple Trees without any shoes. I remember labeling her in my mind with a nickname – the Barefoot Contessa!

They darkened the room, and I started presenting the slides across the screen. The slideshow lasted less than five minutes, after which Mrs Bandaranaike jumped to her feet – still barefoot – and profusely thanked me for showing her the wonderful relics. “I’ll have to come to Pakistan to see them personally,” she said. I held my hand over my heart and told her that it was her home, and that we would be honoured by her visit. I was very surprised and have always been curious to know why she or other Buddhist leaders have never been invited to visit Taxila.{Don't you know Mr. Ambassador ? First of all, Pakistan does not want to accept its history and secondly the kufr cannot be allowed such pilgrimages in the land of the Pure}

That night, I was returning with my date from a dance at the beautiful Mount Lavinia hotel. . . . My Swedish date asked me what was happening and I told her that I had no idea.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Najam Sethi's attempts at equality (From his speech at Hyderabad accepting the Golden pen of Freedom award in the function presided by our President)
“In 1989 when the Indian PM Rajiv Gandhi visited Pakistan, the Pakistani media stopped the Benazir Bhutto government from implementing the far reaching cultural accords signed between the two sides and the Indian media stopped Mr Gandhi from settling the Siachin dispute over which an agreement had almost been reached. Much the same thing happened in 1997 when the Indian media stopped the government of Prime Minister IK Gujral from discussing the issue of Kashmir with the Nawaz Sharif government in Pakistan. In 2001 the Pakistani media stopped General Pervez Musharraf from compromising in Agra. After Mumbai last year, both media put on the war paint and pushed their governments to the brink of war. And in 2009 the India media stopped Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from fulfilling his commitments at Sharm-al-Sheikh. The peace dialogue has stalled at critical points because the media on both sides remains intensely nationalistic and cannot move away from the sum-zero game in which the region is trapped.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Seven killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad, Dec 18 (IANS) At least seven people were killed and over 20 wounded Friday in a massive blast near the police headquarters in Lower Dir district of Pakistan’s North-West Frontier Province, police said.
The explosion occurred near a mosque in Khurshid police lines in Timar Gira area in Lower Dir, Geo TV reported.
---
Bomb blast near mosque kills 10 in Pakistan
Most of the 10 people killed in the attack in the Lower Dir region were police leaving the mosque after Friday prayers, said the area's police chief, Feroze Khan

The blast wounded another 28 people, also mostly police, said a local hospital official, Ghulam Mohammed.
Last edited by shravan on 18 Dec 2009 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From the above
. . . the alleged receipt of two cars from Toyota Motors as illegal gratification on account of purchase of official vehicles.
Toyota Motors has a lot to answer to protect its name. Anyway, Gilani is gaining an upper hand (apart from his usual groping hand).
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

self deleted - my bad didnt notice the date
Last edited by Lilo on 18 Dec 2009 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Lilo, this is old news.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

I don't know if it is posted.

Benazir's new book has some startling revelations By Mariana Baabar

In a revised edition of her autobiography, Benazir Bhutto's "Daughter of the East", which has been released in bookshops in London this week, some startling revelations have been made.

According to 'Outlook', which is carrying the entire new chapter, the revised autobiography had not been published before, and the preface and this chapter was specially written for the revised edition of the book, now available on bookshelves.

"Revision of the old book was necessary because many momentous developments had taken place in the life of Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto during the last two decades", Farhatullah Babar, spokesman for the PPP told The News.

'Daughter of the East' was first published by Hamish Hamilton in 1988. The revised edition has been issued by Simon & Schuster, who also published Musharraf's autobiography last year. The new edition has a preface and a new chapter, 'Prime Minister and Beyond', which contains sensational revelations, providing an insight into the mindset of the Pakistani military and the ISI.

Benazir records in detail her conversation with Pervez Musharraf in 1996 when she was prime minister in her second term, and Musharraf, director of military operations as major-general: "I once again heard how Pakistan would take Srinagar if only I gave the orders to do so. Musharraf concluded the briefing with the words that a ceasefire would be in place and Pakistan would be in control of Srinagar , the capital of Indian-held Kashmir . I asked him, 'And what next? He was surprised by my question, and said, 'Next we will put the flag of Pakistan on the Srinagar Parliament'.

"'And what next?' I asked the general.

"'Next you will go to the United Nations and tell them that Srinagar is in Pakistan 's control'.

"'And what next?' I pushed on. I could see General Musharraf had not been prepared for this grilling and was getting flustered. He said, 'And you will tell them to change the map of the world taking into consideration the new geographical realities'.

"'And do you know what the United Nations will tell me?' I looked General Musharraf straight in the eye, as the army chief sat silently by and the room grew still, and pointedly said, 'They will pass a Security Council Resolution condemning us and demanding that we unilaterally withdraw from Srinagar, and we will have got nothing for our efforts but humiliation and isolation.' I then abruptly ended the meeting."

That was the second time an offer to conquer Kashmir was made. Benazir writes she had earlier received "offers" for Pakistan to take over Srinagar during her first term as prime minister from December 2, 1988 to August 6, 1990. Then Indian prime minister VP Singh had told her that Pakistan was arming and training terrorists in Kashmir , an accusation she denied.

"What I did not mention was the offer I received from the Afghan Arabs and the Pakistan militant groups in 1990. Using the good offices of the ISI, they informed me that 'one hundred thousand battle-hardened mujahideen were willing to go into Kashmir to assist the Kashmiri freedom movement and somehow were confident about defeating the much larger Indian Army. Knowing that any such transnational support would hurt rather than help the Kashmiri people, I vetoed the idea."

Then army chief General Aslam Beg had, she said, asked her to approve a new policy. "He said that if Islamabad went on 'offensive defence', it could capture Srinagar ...General Beg told me, 'Prime Minister, you just give the order and your men will take Srinagar and you will wear the crown of victory and of glory.' I thought he had lost all sense of reality."

Benazir makes clear she never liked or respected Musharraf. When she was prime minister, she writes, "I declined to make him (Musharraf) my military secretary. We initially refused his promotion because of his suspected though unproven links to the ethnic, often violent party known as the Mohajir Qaumi Movement (MQM)."

Equally revealing in her account is what the ISI and the military believed it can do, and presumably still does: they do not just want Kashmir, they want Afghanistan as well. Benazir okayed an ISI proposal during the days of the Najibullah regime in Afghanistan for the Pakistani military to take Kabul alongside the mujahideen.

"When I insisted that we explore a peaceful, orderly transfer of power in Kabul with Shevardnadze (then Soviet foreign minister), my intelligence chief said, 'Prime Minister, will you deny your men and the Afghan mujahideen the right to march victoriously into Kabul and pray in the Masjid together after all the sacrifices they have made?' This emotional plea worked.. ..surely the Afghan parties and our military boys deserved to validate their victory with a triumphal entry into Kabul , which I was assured would take place within days."

It never happened, and soon the intelligence boys came back to her,suggesting a joining of Pakistan and Afghanistan so that 'there will be no borders between us'. Benazir writes: "I rejected the idea of a confederation with Afghanistan . 'This will give the Indians an excuse to intervene in Afghanistan . And without American, Saudi and Iranian support it will land us in bigger trouble,' I replied."

But support and money was coming to madrassas and the ISI all through the days of Ziaul Haq's dictatorship, Benazir writes.

"Fund-raising activities across the Muslim world were established where the faithful would make contributions for education, health and food for the poor and needy. The money went into the political madrassas that claimed they were teaching and feeding the orphans from the refugee camps, but in fact were proselytising hatred and terrorism.

International funds poured in but were diverted to the ISI headquarters." Not unlike what the Indian government has been saying for years.

One exchange gives some idea of the power of the ISI in relation to the Pakistan government. The ISI head, she says, proposed an intelligence corps to ensure continuity, make sure that all senior appointments are screened through the ISI so as to maintain security control to defend the ideological frontiers of the country.

Benazir writes: "I was being asked to authorise and legitimise the creation of 'a state within a state' that would manipulate every aspect of life in Pakistan , including subsequent elections. I refused. However, after my overthrow, the interim prime minister brought by the ISI, Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi, put their scheme in place."

Fighting off the ISI also meant taking on Osama bin Laden. "Although Osama bin Laden had not yet formed al-Qaeda in 1989, I first heard his name when he funded a no-confidence bill to overthrow my first government. Though he had returned to Saudi Arabia following the withdrawal of the Soviets in February 1989, he was called back to Pakistan when I asserted authority over the ISI in May. Bin Laden was asked by the ISI, with whom he had long and close relations, to help overthrow the democratic government and install a theocratic rule in Pakistan ." Osama, she said, paid $10 million to buy off her political supporters.

"Around this time I received a report that a Saudi plane had landed in Pakistan loaded with mango boxes. Since Saudi Arabia grows dates and not mangoes, we were quite suspicious. The civilian intelligence found that the boxes did not contain mangoes but rather money." One of the Saudi King's advisers, she said, "identified the source of the money as Osama bin Laden". And then: "I went to the US Embassy and personally called President George Bush (Sr). I told the president that the military hardliners who had supported the mujahideen were attempting to bring down my government with the help of extremists and that foreign money was pouring into Pakistan ." She writes elsewhere that she was often hesitant to use her own phone because it was tapped by the ISI.

Benazir lost the elections in August 1990. "I believe that the age of the terrorist war actually coincided with the conclusion of the Pakistani elections in 1990 and the formation of the Nawaz regime." The ISI, she writes, chose Ramzi Yusef, who planned the first attack on the World Trade Centre in 1993, to assassinate her during her election campaign that year. He failed, and "was extradited, on my order, to the United States". That was after Benazir was elected prime minister for the second time that year, and found herself, she says, taking on the extremists again.

"I really do think that there is at least some degree of causality that most major terrorist attacks took place when the extremists did not have to deal with a democratic Pakistani government...this includes both the 1993 and 2001 attacks on the World Trade Centre, the Bombay blasts, the Indian Parliament attack, the attack on the US embassies in Africa and the USS Cole in Yemen." Her government was dismissed for the second time on November 4, 1996. That, she said, brought in Nawaz Sharif. "Under Nawaz, the Taliban changed colour and character. They killed Iranian diplomats and allowed Bin Laden, in 1998, to declare war on the West from their ( Afghanistan ) soil." But Nawaz's "marriage of convenience" with the military and ISI did not last long. "They ostensibly fell out over fighting in the area known as Kargil, both blaming the other for the misadventure."

Pakistan suffered heavy casualties, she said. "An army-connected friend informed me that the dead bodies of soldiers were kept in frozen lockers and released in small tranches to prevent the news spreading of the high casualties inflicted during the conflict."

She sees Musharraf continuing the support to terrorism, though he's been trying to convince the international community that "he was the only obstacle in the way of a fundamentalist take-over of nuclear armed Pakistan ", Benazir writes. "Tragically, there are still some that once again have bought into this charade." She adds, "The militant cells, meantime, are intact."

Finally, Benazir writes: "So as I prepare to return to an uncertain future in Pakistan in 2007, I fully understand the stakes not only for myself, and my country, but the entire world. I realise I can be arrested...I can be gunned down on the airport tarmac when I land." But return she will, she says. "I do what I have to do, and am determined to fulfil my pledge to the people of Pakistan to stand by them in their democratic aspirations...Democracy in Pakistan is not just important for Pakistanis, it is important for the entire world."
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The Late Mohtarma cannot try to don the mantle of an impeccable, peace-loving human being.

There is solid evidence to link her to the introduction of foreign mercenaries in J&K.

She cut a deal with the dangerous Sunni sectarian outfit SSP (Sipah-e-Saheba-Pakistan), the Mother of Terrorism, in order to win the 1993 election and thus allowed SSP to control crucial government policies. This also led to sectarian violence between SSP and SM (Sipah-e-Mohammed), the counterweight Shi’a militant organization.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

2,000 apply for recruitment in Dir police
Friday, December 18, 2009
By Bureau report
PESHAWAR: Around 2,000 candidates turned up for recruitment in the police in Dir Lower, showing the enthusiasm of young men to join the force despite the threat from militants who earlier had gained influence in the Maidan and Adinzai tehsils of the district.
------------

After today's blast not many will join the Police in Lower Dir... :lol:

---
12 killed in Lower Dir police line blast
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Muppalla wrote:"Around this time I received a report that a Saudi plane had landed in Pakistan loaded with mango boxes. Since Saudi Arabia grows dates and not mangoes, we were quite suspicious. The civilian intelligence found that the boxes did not contain mangoes but rather money."
always love these paki "bulb" moments :rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan's New Media Dictionary
Quite entertaining.
Excerpts
Aishwarya Rai:
Famous Indian tree-hugger (especially on mangals), who is also a favourite of rabid anti-Hindu Pakistanis who will let her go (along with her tree, but not her husband), when they conquer India during the Ghazwa-ul-Hind in 2012 AD and slaughter all the Hindus of the world with their nuclear-powered laser-swords and bad TV shows, such as Muhammad Bin Iqbal Saladin Qasim Ka Pakistan.

Conspiracy Theory:
A theory that is not a theory at all but a hard fact on Pakistani TV channels. Anyone disagreeing with the hard and loud factoids (conspiratorially called conspiracy theorists), is a Mossad/CIA/RAW/NASA/KFC agent and a possible swine flu carrier who would be lined up against the walls of Delhi’s Red Fort and shot dead during the Ghazwa-ul-Hind in 2012 AD.

Dr. Shahid Masood:
A TV hakeem famous for his tangy concoctions and cocktails made from the equally famous witch-doctor Harun Yahya’s recipes of Vulcan stew, Martian soup, and other out-of-space (and out-of-mind) delicacies. If you look closely, you will notice that the good doctor also has a moustache, which many believe was gifted to him by Hamid Gul on his second birthday in 377 BC, during the first Ghazwa-ul-Hind.

Geo TV:
A Mongolian TV brand that can be watched on horseback while triumphantly marching into Hindustan during the Ghazwa-ul-Hind, Holi,Dewali, and Filmfare Awards. Shows programs hosted by hard, loud factoids bred on prime Vulcan stew and Hilal ki Ding Dong Bubblegum.

Hamid Gul:
The guy who gave Shahid Masood his moustache and the man Masood hasn’t stopped thanking. ‘Thank you, Hamid Gul sahib, for coming on the show…’ ‘Thank you, Hamid Gul sahib, for coming on the show…’ ‘Thank you, Hamid Gul sahib, for coming on the show…’ ‘Thank you, Hamid Gul sahib, for coming on the show…’ Why can’t his show just be called The Gul-Masood Show?

Maria B.
A fashion designer who is a fan of Zaid Hamid and thus keeps getting a ‘C’ in politics. She should actually be called Maria C., or Maria Z. Or better, Maria GHB (Maria Ghuzwa-ul-Hind B ) .

Zaid Hamid:
A fast-talking rap artiste who stole Ali Azmat’s soul (and guitar), and turned Aag TV into the official Ghazwa-ul-Hind music channel. His biggest hits are ‘Let’s march on Delhi, y’all!’ ‘Hindus are insects, y’all,’ ‘I love wars, y’all,’ ‘M. B. Qasim is ma man, y’all,’ ‘So is Maria B, y’all,’ ‘Even though she’s a woman, y’all.’ Recently, Zaid also claimed that Ali Azmat’s tind is a UFO landing site. Ali was thrilled.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ArmenT wrote:Multiple National Birds seen in Pakistan:
US drones rain down missiles in NW; 17 killed
In the deadliest attack on Thursday evening, at least 15 people including seven foreigners were killed and several others injured when five US drones fired ten missiles on the suspected base of Taliban militants in Ambor Shaga and Degan area of the North Waziristan Agency.
The US is forcing Pakistan to take action against the Haqqanis.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:The Late Mohtarma cannot try to don the mantle of an impeccable, peace-loving human being. There is solid evidence to link her to the introduction of foreign mercenaries in J&K.
Typical paki trait, noticed first in his lordship, Der Djinna. This trait is often labelled "Running with the hares and hunting with the hounds". I.e., hedging one's bets.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Suspected drone strike kills 3
Pakistan (CNN) -- A suspected U.S. drone strike killed three people Friday in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal region, a local official said.

The missile strike occurred in the village of Datta Khel, said a North Waziristan political official.

This strike comes a day after two attacks left 15 dead in the same area. On Thursday, a drone fired eight missiles killing two suspected militants, a local political official said.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

This Newsweek blogger by the name of Maha Atal is actually micro akal:

India Starts a Water Fight
What alarms Pakistan most is the possibility that India will gain control over the water from two Afghan rivers that flow into the volatile Pakistan border regions, where water shortages could inflame local insurgencies. Indian investment in Afghanistan has doubled since 2006, to $1.2 billion, and up to 35 percent of that is going into canals for local irrigation, as well as hydroelectric dams...

This means water could be one more stumbling block on the road to peace in Afghanistan.
link
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Is unkil tightening the screw on the rent boy to "do more unspeakable"?

Raman-ji's take on the recent incident in Bangkok:
GUN RUNNING FROM NORTH KOREA : A US TRAP?

B.RAMAN

A somewhat amateurish attempt to clandestinely transport a large consignment of weapons from North Korea to an as yet unknown destination has ended in the consignment, the aircraft transporting it and its crew falling into the hands of security officials from the US and Thailand, who are presently interrogating the crew and examining the consignment and its documentation.

2. The aircraft, which was transporting the consignment, has been identified as an Ilyushin 76 of a dubious background whose operators figured on the black-list of many countries either because of their poor safety standards or because of the suspicion that they were involved in gun-running. The aircraft had a crew of five of whom four were reportedly from Kazakhstan and the fifth was from Belarus.

3.The “Wall Street Journal” has quoted the AeroTransport Data Bank, an Internet service that tracks aircraft, as saying that the plane had recently been seen at airports in Podgorica, Montenegro, and Bujumbura, Burundi. According to the same paper, Russia's Interfax News Agency has cited a senior transport ministry official in Khazakstan, Radilbek Adimolda, as saying at a news conference that the detained Ilyushin-76 was previously owned by a Kazakh airline, East Wing. The plane was acquired in October by Air West Georgia. The WSJ also says that the East Wing is on the European Union's blacklist of airlines prohibited from flying in the EU because they violate global air-safety rules. According to AeroTransport Data Bank, East Wing is the successor to another Kazakh airline, GST Aero Co., which also is on the EU blacklist. The WSJ has reported that investigators at Amnesty International and other advocacy organizations have linked GST to international arms trafficking. Mr. Adimolda said the four Kazakh members of the crew were listed among East Wing's staff, but were on unpaid leave.

4.The aircraft, without any consignment on board, came to Bangkok from the United Arab Emirates on December 9. It was reportedly allowed by the Thai authorities to refuel at the Don Mueang airport in Bangkok. After refueling, it took off for Pyongyang. When it returned to Don Mueang from Pyongyang with the consignment on December 12 the Thai authorities arrested the crew and took the plane in their custody for examination of its consignment.

5. It has been reported that both during the onward and return journey the aircraft was allowed to land in a Thai military airport for refueling. This is surprising and indicates that US intelligence officials were probably already in touch with the crew before the aircraft left the UAE for Pyongyang and facilitated its refueling at the airport in Bangkok in order to lay a trap for capturing the arms consignment during the return journey. If the crew had not been co-operating with the Americans, they would have got suspicious by the ease with which they were able to get the aircraft refueled during the onward journey and avoided re-touching Bangkok during the return journey.

6. According to media reports in Thailand and South Korea, the plane was carrying about 35 tons of arms and ammunition, including surface-to-air missile parts. Though the crew have reportedly been saying that they were under the impression that the consignment consisted of oil drilling equipment and that they were not aware that it contained weapons, this is not believable. The Americans, who are closely involved in the investigation and the interrogation of the crew, must be able to find out who had ordered the consignment. The needle of suspicion points to Pakistan or Iran.

7. If it was Iran, by now, the US would have gone to town with their allegations against Teheran. The fact that they have not yet done so indicates that they are not yet certain on this. Pakistan has been clandestinely purchasing missiles and missile parts from North Korea and has been using its own aircraft as well as hired planes to transport them.

8. It is an important success for the US in its efforts to stop gun-running by North Korea, but it is unlikely to have any deterrent effect on North Korea. It will continue to look for opportunities for gun-running in order to earn foreign exchange. ( 18-12-09)
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

This was yesterday: National bird of Pakistan graces the taliban with its presence and blesses 17.

U.S. Missiles Kill 15 People Near Border in Pakistan

The fact that the US had to fire 10 missiles to take out 17 taliban itself speaks of what happened there. The talibs were ambushed and were targeted even as they tried to escape.

Isko kehte hain "Dauda dauda ke maara"
:rotfl:
Last edited by Gagan on 18 Dec 2009 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Is this visa fiasco involving US diplomats a dog and pony show for the TSP aam abduls to consume? A bit of wink-wink nod-nod for a few days with unkil. TSP govt can sell this as a great resistance against unkil's violation of baki sovirginity and the drone-acharya attacks. Unkil has nothing to lose in this and it is a convenient way to shut up the whining rent boy. Just a CT onlee.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

And this is today: This time the national bird blesses 3.
Suspected drone strike kills 3 in Pakistan
A suspected U.S. drone strike killed three people Friday in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal region, a local official said.
The missile strike occurred in the village of Datta Khel, said a North Waziristan political official.
This strike comes a day after two attacks left 15 dead in the same area. On Thursday, a drone fired eight missiles killing two suspected militants, a local political official said.
Hours later, another strike killed 13 people and destroyed two houses and two cars, according to intelligence officials, who asked not to be named because they are not authorized to speak to the media.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Dilbu wrote:Is this visa fiasco involving US diplomats a dog and pony show for the TSP aam abduls to consume? A bit of wink-wink nod-nod for a few days with unkil. TSP govt can sell this as a great resistance against unkil's violation of baki sovirginity and the drone-acharya attacks. Unkil has nothing to lose in this and it is a convenient way to shut up the whining rent boy. Just a CT onlee.
Everything in Pakistan is for Echendee only.
The real situation tells everyone that pakistan is no longer a sovereign nation, it is completely under US's control (just like it was under british control before 1947)

Of course this is a dog and pony show to showcase the martial resistance offered by the Police and the Gobernment of pakistan. The smokescreen is being deployed because the Drones possibly with special forces are going to go on a killing spree in FATA/Balochistan. There will be a even tighter media clampdown on FATA / Balochistan, while the nautanki continues in Isloo.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SSridhar wrote:TFT N U G G E T S
Wrongly explained state

Chief Editor Jinnah wrote that PPP spokesperson Fauzia Wahab told the press that Pakistan was not a security state but an economy-based state. He took strong exception to this and observed that Ms Wahab should not have said this in the open. Because not terming Pakistan a security state could harm the PPP government. He stated that if Ms Wahab had said it in rage (tap gai) she should learn to control herself. He thought an economy-based Pakistani state would have to normalise relations with India and that was not acceptable.

The world is a prison!

Reported in daily Pakistan the speakers at the annual congregation of Tablighi Jamaat said that for a sinner the world was a place of luxury (aish khana) but for a Muslim it was nothing more than a prison. The Muslims must think why they have lost domination and go back to the example of the Prophet PBUH and try to regain the power to act according to their faith. In Jang, the prayer leader of the congregation was quoted as saying that if the mosques were filled with people, the issues of the state will be immediately resolved. Jang reported him as saying that Pakistan had established links with ghair (stranger) meaning America, which was wrong.

What the editor says about "security state" and "economy state" confirms my thesis that TSP is still a kabila now camped out side Indian borders waiting to strike back.

The former description is of the camp status while the latter formulation is of a settled camp. The TSP elite dont want to allow the camp to settle.

BB's update is very very interesting about many things in particular the transformation of ISI into a Mukabharat of the Caliph times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Nightwatch comments on the Thai seizure of the NoKo flight. Read this with B. Raman's analsysis on same subject.

Thailand-North Korea: Bloomberg published an official Thai denial of a report that security officials found ICBM parts among the air cargo confiscated on 12 December at Don Muang International Airport. Earlier today Reuters quoted an unidentified Thai security official who claimed that Taepo Dong 2 ballistic missile parts were found among the 145 boxes, which weigh 40 tons.

What the Thai did find was not reassuring. An official told the press the misidentified heavy equipment might belong to M1985 or M1991 multiple round rocket launcher systems, made in North Korea. Both fire 240mm rockets. The M1985 can fire 12 rounds in a volley; the M1991 can fire 22 rounds.

With conventional explosive warheads, a volley from either system can saturate a 1 km grid square out to more than 35 miles. Iran has been producing the M1985 as the Fajr-3, probably under license from North Korea, since 1986. That makes it odd for the North to be airlifting these systems, unless Iran intends to move up to the more powerful M1991 or the Iranian factory needs machine parts. Still it seems an odd cargo to ship by air.

Thai Prime Minister Abhisit opined that Thailand would find the weapons useful for its own armed forces, but the Foreign Minister issued a correction that Thailand is required to destroy them under the terms of the UN sanctions resolution. :rotfl:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

National birds are working over time today.
US drone strike kills 12 in NWA
MIRAMSHAH: Four missiles fired by a US unmanned aircraft killed 12 people, including foreign militants, in North Waziristan on Friday.

According to sources, a US drone plane fired four missiles at a house in Paikhel village situated some 30 kilometers off Miramshah.

Sources say that foreigners are also among the dead.

It may be reminded that back-to-back several missile strikes had killed 16 militants in North Waziristan the other day.
Last edited by Dilbu on 18 Dec 2009 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted.

The Asian Human Rights Commission alleges that Kashmiri’s were abducted, illegal detained and tortured by the ISI:
December 18, 2009

A Statement by the Asian Human Rights Commission

PAKISTAN: Colonel Hamza of the ISI must be prosecuted for abduction, illegal detention and torture of young men from Pakistani Kashmir

Three young men from the Pakistani part of Kashmir, abducted by an army Lieutenant Colonel and officials of Frontier Corp were released by their captives after the warning that they should not reveal that where they were held in captivity and tortured or the identities of those who had abducted them. The men were severely tortured and abused in Bala Hisar fort near Peshawar, the capital of the North West Frontier Province (NWFP), for 21 days. Please see AHRC's urgent appeal for their illegal arrest by the high official of notorious state intelligence agency, the ISI; http://www.ahrchk.net/ua/mainfile.php/2009/3339/

Three out of the four persons illegally arrested by the ISI colonel and Frontier Corp (FC), were released on the night of December 14 and thrown out on the road side near Peshawar city. Before their release Colonel Hamza of ISI and other officials of the FC abused them physically and threatened them not to tell anyone about their illegal detention in Bala Hisar otherwise they would face dire consequences. The police have also refused to entertain the complaint of the abducted men as a Lieutenant Colonel of the ISI is involved.

Pakistani held Kashmir, generally known as Azad Jammu and Kasmir (AJK), has been a sensitive state for the Pakistani military because of its claim on Indian part of the Kashmir which is part of the unfinished agenda with the separation of Pakistan from India. The presence of state intelligence agencies, particularly, the ISI in Pakistani held Kashmir means that the people are not allowed to carry out their social and political activities without inference. There are only four major offices in the city of Muzaffarabad, the capital of AJK which has a population of 3.2 million, besides many other offices in the state. The police cannot interfere in the affairs of ISI as it claims that it is working in the national interests of the country in the presence of great potential threats from neighbouring India.

The Inspector General of Police (IGP) was appointed by the government of Pakistan from the Pakistan police force so he is unfamiliar with the local situation and all affairs related to law and order situation are dependent on the ISI.

In the case of abduction, arrest and torture of the four young men the whole affair was illegal and a direct threat to the independent governance of the state. Lieutenant Colonel Hamza was posted in the office of ISI Peshawar, capital of North West Frontier Province (NWFP), Pakistan, and he has no jurisdiction to operate in AJK. Neither do the officials of the Frontier Corp have jurisdiction there. According to the law they can operate only in the NWFP. However, being a powerful group they take advantage of their militaristic status to operate illegally anywhere they wish. The Colonel and officials of the FC illegally took the detainees to another province without the permission of an independent state which has its own laws and government. This case is another example and ample proof that the military forces consider themselves above the law. The local police are also powerless before the ISI and FC who undermine the law of the land.

The Asian Human Rights Commission urges the government of Pakistan to initiate an inquiry into the matter of the abduction, illegal detention and torture of four young men from Azad Jammu Kashmir by Lieutenant Colonel Hamza of ISI, based in Peshawar, capital of NWFP, and by officials of the Frontier Corp. The military officials should be punished for violating the rights of the people recognized by the constitution and supposedly protected by the laws of Pakistan. The government should also protect the people of Pakistani Kashmir, the AJK, from the illegal acts of its notorious intelligence agency, the ISI and FC. The abducted and tortured young men should be paid compensation for their ordeal and a police case should also be filed against Lieutenant Colonel Hamza and the concerned officials of Frontier Corp.

Asian Human Rights Commission
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Stopping Defence Minister caused defamation to country, PM Yousuf Raza Gilani
Talking to media in Islamabad, PM Gilani revealed that Interior Secretary is suspended for stopping Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar as latter is part of the federal government. He said government itself includes peoples’ names in Exit Control List (ECL) and the list is being prepared. Answering a question, Gilani said “Rehman Malik himself arrests people, how can we arrest him?” :rotfl: he said coalition government is present in Punjab therefore no minister will be arrested there. (WTF?) :-? “President Asif Ali Zardari remained 12 years in prison. Even if he would have been convicted in any case, he couldn’t have been sentenced for more than that period,” he added :D .
More than the fact that their minister is under investigation for corruption, it is the stopping at the airport that has hurt their H&D. :roll:
KaranR
BRFite -Trainee

Post by KaranR »

Muppalla

Benazir records in detail her conversation with Pervez Musharraf in 1996 when she was prime minister in her second term, and Musharraf, director of military operations as major-general: "I once again heard how Pakistan would take Srinagar if only I gave the orders to do so. Musharraf concluded the briefing with the words that a ceasefire would be in place and Pakistan would be in control of Srinagar , the capital of Indian-held Kashmir . I asked him, 'And what next? He was surprised by my question, and said, 'Next we will put the flag of Pakistan on the Srinagar Parliament'.

"'And what next?' I asked the general.

"'Next you will go to the United Nations and tell them that Srinagar is in Pakistan 's control'.

"'And what next?' I pushed on. I could see General Musharraf had not been prepared for this grilling and was getting flustered. He said, 'And you will tell them to change the map of the world taking into consideration the new geographical realities'.

"'And do you know what the United Nations will tell me?' I looked General Musharraf straight in the eye, as the army chief sat silently by and the room grew still, and pointedly said, 'They will pass a Security Council Resolution condemning us and demanding that we unilaterally withdraw from Srinagar, and we will have got nothing for our efforts but humiliation and isolation.' I then abruptly ended the meeting.

It seems all the army Generals of Pakistan dream of becoming Saladin (1137 -1193) ('Salah Ad-din Yusuf Ibn Ayyub). Their Jerusalem seem to be Srinagar.
It shows how mentally unstable these army people are. Dreaming of grandeur. All crack pots or lotta.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

SLAMABAD — A suicide attacker set off a powerful bomb outside a mosque in northwestern Pakistan just after police officers had finished their Friday prayers, killing 10 people. The attack was the second against a mosque used by security forces in two weeks.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD9CLRI901

---

Pakistan has been holding up visas for US officials and contractors and continued delays could have an "impact" on the effectiveness of aid programmes in the country, the US State Department said on Thursday.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/US-says-P ... 87918.aspx
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

ArmenT wrote: Guess why Paki F-16s cannot retract their wheels below 2500 feet and have reduced thrust?
So that they can't be used for A2G bombing role? Prevent the lob-toss??
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

KaranR wrote:It seems all the army Generals of Pakistan dream of becoming Saladin (1137 -1193) ('Salah Ad-din Yusuf Ibn Ayyub). Their Jerusalem seem to be Srinagar.
Delhi, my friend, Delhi. More specifically, Delhi's red fort. Every two-bit paki general's (and their arab patrons') wet dream.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

I don't think that news item about people using a 26$ software to recieve the unencrypted signals of Predator drones is credible. This news is more likely a plant.

I just don't expect the US military to have unencrypted data transfer ANYWHERE.

What is possible is that the predators or some other drone is transmitting false data and videos which show that the predator is somewhere else, to fool who ever is tracking that video, while the real bird goes about dropping guano on the unsuspecting talibs. The Pakistanis are half brained dimwits who would likely have access to such a software and would be able to track that "predator video feed".

Here I assume that the Pakistanis can't fully track a predator drone on radar and pinpoint its location, which clearly is built to be a stealth aircraft
AnantD
BRFite

Post by AnantD »

ArmenT wrote:
Guess why Paki F-16s cannot retract their wheels below 2500 feet and have reduced thrust?

So that they can't be used for A2G bombing role? Prevent the lob-toss??
This prevents them from flying in Low under radar because of the extra drag of the wheels and the reduced thrust means they can be caught/shot down if they attempt it easily. Hence no penetrating heavily defended areas for sneak nuke attacks. :(( :lol:
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

"Available intelligence inputs indicate that a strong desire is entertained by various Pakistan-based terrorist groups to indulge in spectacular violence in Goa," state home minister Ravi Naik told the legislative assembly Thursday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... otuHj_j_KA
AnimeshP
BRFite

Post by AnimeshP »

Gagan wrote:I don't think that news item about people using a 26$ software to recieve the unencrypted signals of Predator drones is credible. This news is more likely a plant.

I just don't expect the US military to have unencrypted data transfer ANYWHERE.

What is possible is that the predators or some other drone is transmitting false data and videos which show that the predator is somewhere else, to fool who ever is tracking that video, while the real bird goes about dropping guano on the unsuspecting talibs. The Pakistanis are half brained dimwits who would likely have access to such a software and would be able to track that "predator video feed".

Here I assume that the Pakistanis can't fully track a predator drone on radar and pinpoint its location, which clearly is built to be a stealth aircraft
Gagan ... you could be right but I read someone on another forum basically stating that the older drone designs do not have realtime video encryption as it requires a lot of processing and in turn eats up a lot of power. But like I said I read this on another forum without any backup links so take it FWIW.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Countries have time zones.

Pakistan has her own dimension.
Ananya
BRFite

Post by Ananya »

Gagan wrote:I don't think that news item about people using a 26$ software to recieve the unencrypted signals of Predator drones is credible. This news is more likely a plant.

yesterday this was clarified in FOX/CNN perhaps a fine print message

Drones in Iraq had this issue and AFG has a better system where in this software cannot trap the feed. This was used by ALQ in the surge days in iraq