BR Forum Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by RoyG »

I want to start an alternative governance structure thread. Looking at our own ancient history, I'm curious about how governments were structured and what kind of responsibilities they were tasked with.

What did our "national security" setup look like and was weapons manufacturing and research a private and/or state driven enterprise? I also want to explore the idea of duties and how it compares with rights theory which forms the bases of western forms of governance.

Do we have a basic unifying governance model that we could challenge the Chinese, Islamic, and Western worlds with?

Mod's, may I start the thread?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Sure. In GDF.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

mods, please change my user name from viv to vivitsu. thanks.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Mods please change my user name from "Manish_Sharma" to "Dhananjay" !
Hari Sud
BRFite

Post by Hari Sud »

Gentlemen

Your "Top Stories" section on the front page for the last few months is staying out of date or is unattended. This is an important part of the BR and always visible first to a visitor. If it has old or stale content, it does not give a good impression of this website. BR is an important website and it should be kept fresh; so that more and more vistors visit this site for quick update on defence stories.

Thanks
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

Hari Sud wrote:Gentlemen

Your "Top Stories" section on the front page for the last few months is staying out of date or is unattended. This is an important part of the BR and always visible first to a visitor. If it has old or stale content, it does not give a good impression of this website. BR is an important website and it should be kept fresh; so that more and more vistors visit this site for quick update on defence stories.

Thanks
This is middle of Sep and it already has 23 entries. In August it had 71 entries. In July it had 299 entries. So, I don't know what do you mean by unattended or out of date ?

I saw defense related news frequently updated in that section. In some months there were more in some less. But unattended is wrong word to be used.

-Ankit
Hari Sud
BRFite

Post by Hari Sud »

Ankit Desai

23 Entries in 15 days of September ( Sep 14 - one, Sep 12 - three, Sep 10 - one, Sep 9 - two) is insufficient entries when you posted 299 entries in July. Latter is the right sort of activity.

I was making an enquiry whether in August- September time frame, BR posting of Top Stories is reduced deliberately or defence activity takes a breather.

You do not have to be reactive to a polite enquiry. Unattended and stale are the right words for 23 entries in 15 days; when previous months posting has been very good.
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

Let me re quote.
Hari Sud wrote:Your "Top Stories" section on the front page for the last few months is staying out of date or is unattended....
From few months you came down to one month which is current month and we are just half way of it.

I am not moderator or webmaster so, it is not appropriate from my side to reply you on web page of the site. I was just making the point which I am stating again that I saw defense related news frequently updated in that section. In some months there were more in some less.

-Ankit
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

The forum is loading very slow and too many sql errors happening.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

So many sql errors today.. Is everything alright?
gunjur
BRFite

Post by gunjur »

is there any way for a member for ex: member A to know if member A is on friend/foe list of other members?????
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Onlee way is to abuse the other member in colourful language if he replies that means you were not on his foe list, until that time. :mrgreen:
member_23677
BRFite

Post by member_23677 »

Can we get a more tight moderation to prevent off topic discussions and discussions that are repeated after every 5 pages? It's getting very annoying now. Also, would it be okay if I post blogs, articles written by people who are doing their personal research ofcourse with a link?
neerajb
BRFite

Post by neerajb »

Please remove the pic of the lady showing her assets in Aircraft recognition thread. Already caught by surprise thrice, two times in office and once at home. Not that I am averse of such pics :mrgreen:, but it's getting dangerous to open that thread.

Cheers....
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Why delete the BT dhaga, saar? It can be cleaned and moved to gdf and we can wait until the discussion runs its course.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I think BRF should start online monthly publication on geostrategy in the Indian context. I sincerely feel it is time to move on from a discussion forum to being an institute.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Does anyone know why Rahul M is away? His participation is missed.

Not sure where Shiv ji is either. Don't lose hope for us, Saar.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

PratikDas wrote:Does anyone know why Rahul M is away? His participation is missed.

Not sure where Shiv ji is either. Don't lose hope for us, Saar.
He is very busy with some other matters. Shiv is very much there.
Many probably don't post out of sheer disgust at how things are run in this nation.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Thank you for writing back.
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

What would it take to have a BR ( Forum and all) app for iPhone? Any developers on the board?
It would be a good idea as many of us are nowadays online more on our phones.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

X-Posting from Strat thread

a) We need the ability to cross-post comments from BRF to Twitter. Either the person who made the comment himself or someone else, with the appropriate attribution. There is more gyan in one page of the TSP forum than in all the so-called strategic analysis in our MSM put together. If SS-Garu for example opens a Twitter account, just BRF followers would exceed 50. We will then tell our friends & it will have a cascading effect. Soon, we have a bunch of heavy hitters on Twitter with a large following and the ability to shape opinion. I dont know if the Forum software allows it or whether we have the source code/APIs. But I think this is really important

b) We should promote Blogs of key contributors on the BR home page. BRF is great as a discussion forum, but its more like a flowing stream. We need not just the streams but also reservoirs, which are collected wisdoms to be used as references. BR Monitor & SRR are dead. Blogs will live.

Many on BRF post comments on MSM and even places like FirstPost. These are useful but only upto a point. What we do by commenting is that we give more oxygen to MSM, while at the same time it drains us of our energy and provides a channel for our frustration. Unfortunately, it plays into the hands of MSM. We need to change the narrative. We need our own space and direct people to "our space". BRF is one such space. We need more such - Blogs, Twitter and FaceBook are such spaces, which are right wing dominated. We need to expand our influence there and create a large mindshare.

This is very possible and BRF is perfectly poised to lead the charge
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

I don't know who puts the links in the "Top stories" section of the home page. A news item like this on the home page is disgraceful Video - Republic Day Parade Preparation. Poor reporter. It looks like an assignment thrust on her. I don't think she had any clue of the weapon systems she was talking about. She say that Brahmos is supersonic with a speed of 290 kmph. And that Arjun is being displayed for the first time in Republic Day parade.

Please screen/moderate what goes on the home page of the forum.
Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

indranilroy wrote:Please screen/moderate what goes on the home page of the forum.
+1
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

This forum needs mobile/smart phone compatibility. Who doesn't own a smart phone these days? Even migrant labourers working on a construction site know what android is.

Admins? Smartphones/tablets cutting desktop computer sales. That's a sign.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

I think we need a clean up in the strategic forum. Dharmic philosophy, and comparative theology while being critical to defining the indian state may not be relevant to some threads. We may also have too much overlap regarding a few threads. Perhaps we should have a more defined framework and and consequences for those who don't follow the rules or stay within bounds of the discussion.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^

It is upto the moderators. But the so called "Idea of India" is caught up by MSM and intelligentsia. We have have been discussing this for past 2+ years. Please see the debates I posted in Indian interests.

Moderators can decide if BRF is better off collecting propaganda from the MSM and debating on them OR become a thought leader of strategic interests of Bharat.
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

Two Newbie threads are running in parallel. I think the old one wasn't archived, so people are responding there too
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

New thread idea: Non Indian view of India.

Opinions about India and Indians by non Indians. We can tag them as positive, negative & propaganda.
member_24903
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_24903 »

+ 1 from me too :)
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

Want a Like button incorporated asap.Will help novices like me participate by atleast liking and appreciating guru's comments. But i guess it will require an overhaul of the forum software..
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Taking the liberty of x-posting this to the forum feedback thread.

viewtopic.php?p=1430359#p1430359
devesh wrote:
eklavya wrote:
:lol: I pity your students. Poor fellows think they are paying for an education, when for free they could have rummaged inside the contents of a rubbish bin.

why has this poster not been warned by the Admins yet?

other posters with similar track record of verbal abuse were given a clear ultimatum, and those who didn't adhere, were banned without question.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

The forum clock is iffy, though the time zone is displayed properly.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

I may be hallucinating, but I cant find the Indo-US strategic thread anywhere. Can some one please help.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

dont know if this is a bug or a feature.

clicked on
SaiK wrote:http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/postin ... &p=1434636
pentaiah's bitcher in the engine dhaaga is very LMish.
opens up in editor mode with pentiah's post in quote. when i look at the url, it is mode=quote. but shouldnt that type of a thing be prohibited. that sai was able to create a link to pentiah's post that i can readily respond in quotes is disconcerting. it went through on my login, and that is fine. still hot link to editor is kinda strange.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

JE Menon wrote:No abhishek, every thread is about this... Sadhana's question is that berating the government of India appears to be the primary focus, or turns into a major focus, on virtually EVERY thread. No one is talking about defending the government or anything like that, but why is that constant lamentation on every thread is the question... What you are seeing is probably the slow deliberate suffocation to death of BRF by those who care only about that issue. It is not pretty. But ultimately it is a choice that members make. If this is how the forum goes down in relevance, then this is how it goes. Because the world outside it is slightly different...

Of course, the second most popular pastime seems to be the questioning of participants' motives. All rather sad. But it is a common, clever and tested technique. I would have taken a pretty much similar approach if I wanted to push things towards a circular and confused and crap on everyone virtual society. Sort of like what we are actually doing with Pakistan.

This is largely applicable only to this forum of course (maybe we should shut it down?), but there is creep going on into the Military Forum, into the Tech & Economy forum, not so much yet into the general discussions forum. The mandate of the forum was to lie to the right of centre, but no one will now objectively say we are anywhere in that zone.

Maybe, for fun, I should deactivate my account and sign in and play this little game of pushing things further to the right. Probably no need.

It's inevitable.
JEM garu,

I do not think your criticism of forum members is fair. We have gone thru the phases of 2007-09 where the civilizational identity of India is not Hindu to 2009-11 phase where criticism of GoI is unacceptable to current phase of associating multi-dimensional failures of India with GoI.

Off all the people you should know that it is not fair to blame forum members for the failures of current political dispensation. Every thread "seem" to drift into criticism of current political dispensation, because that is where buck stops. Yes, we can discuss any topic for eons to come without any intention to base it on reality and objective to guide the current reality towards a desired goal, whatever that may be.

The current political dispensation is at helm for 10 years and has "enforced" it's will on every known and unknown constitutional, administrative, political, intellectual and propaganda structure in the nation. Any corner you look into is nothing but the microcosm of this very political dispensation.

All the threads in strategic and economic forums are one way or other tied with current ruling disposition of India. When the same political disposition in power for 10 years, it is no wonder that all the discussions in these fora reflect the successes and failures of that dispensation. Recently military forum too started drifting into this abyss, only because this political dispensation started eating into that national structure as well.

The general discussion forum came into existence only to "temporarily" hide the failures of this dispensation from the world and the mandate for that forum was to discuss civilizational level topics, when they become not "strategic" for they fail the secular tests.

Irrespective of whether this forum stands right of center or left of it or stays as an outlier, the duty of this forum is to churn out a better understanding of and betterment of Bharat that we all love and where our existence and identity comes from.

The termite families and their political slaves are simply a passing in history of this great nation. There is a bigger objective at stake. The lilliput leadership of this nation continued colonial government's model, laws, justice system, administrative system, police, education system and most importantly the history of this great nation. Since these lilliputs are not colonizers themselves, they even failed to show the efficiency the colonizers demonstrated in harnessing those colonial structures.

This should be the focus of this forum, IMHO. If this happens to be right of right in colonial structure, so be it. But somehow the elders of this forum are behaving like the very leadership that tried to become brown British and failed at it.

It is upto the elders if they want to become the discussion forum of the mainstream media that peddles secularism/pseudo-secularism just because they believe Hindu identity of India is unacceptable?

JMHT.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

The rules are there, the tradition is there, adequate enforcement is lacking. The word religion IMO, does not apply to Indic traditions. As long as it does not call for exclusivity, we should be open to learning and applying lessons from our civilization history and traditions.
Forum Moderation
Please use your discretion and please do not be offended if the item is locked or shifted. Nothing personal is intended. Once again, admin decisions in this regard are final. Bharat Rakshak Forums are dependent on members for information and intellectual contributions. Please try not to see the forum as a "use and throw" board. If you find it useful and interesting, that is fine. But if you have any special knowledge or interest regarding Indian security or strategic issues, please work on it and write up something and post it on here as a topic for discussion. Please remember the main topic thrust of each forum before doing so. If you post information, please quote the source, and if you post an opinion, please say so. The forums depend on people who join, rather than people who wish to disrupt. We have a well developed ethos and tradition. but are open to change and suggestions that are not disruptive.

Relevance of Topics
Kindly note that the forums available on Bharat-Rakshak have broad guidelines as to what may be discussed, and they may be seen on the forum index page on http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com. Religious discussions, and discussion of Indian politics are NOT encouraged and discussions that have these topics in them are liable to be locked or deleted at the discretion of the forum admins. We need your knowledge and experience - and as far as possible please try not to post idle speculation.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ when someone calls for a religion to adapt and change, why not forum rules?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

kidoman wrote:Want a Like button incorporated asap.Will help novices like me participate by atleast liking and appreciating guru's comments. But i guess it will require an overhaul of the forum software..
Eons ago I suggested something similar, admin log phoo-phooed and knocked it down. I tucked my tail and went to nukkad.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>I do not think your criticism of forum members is fair.

That's fine. You have a right to your opinion about my action. Not everyone will like everything admins do. But so long as you are posting here, you will play by the rules or will get called out - if it is noticed.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

folks...i believe anmol was a valuable poster in what he posted about microsoft and the bjp rss and other things. he may have made a mistake..but i vote for reinstating his posting rights