BR Forum Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
L Ram
BRFite -Trainee

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by L Ram »

i suggest mod's that start a new thread "my name is Pakistan"

this is basically to collect and analise all the statements and views expressed by TSP sympathizers from indian side.

just my thoughts.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

abhijitm wrote: I am not aware whether BR has ever claimed it should be an unbiased forum so nothing that I should complain. But just an observation...
No one is unbaised so to speak what is important is , is the bias in the interests of the Nation ?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Jagan wrote:unfortunately the moment it becomes some server config issue or some server - software conflict, it becomes rocket science!
My 2 cent ..
If this is a server/OS issue check if they use reliable NTP time source and make sure it works on OS ( open source NTP can be unreliable and can be broken at times )

A buggy/broken BIOS can also be a source of time issue ,generally a BIOS update can do the trick.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Mods, can you ask people to post their DefExpo pics at BR gallery ?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

BR has enough storage space?
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

Almost everyday around this time (1:40am - 1:50am) BRF is down for few minutes for me,does this happens to everybody??
click
This is the error it shows.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Yes, I too have got that message many a time.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

jamwal sahab, from what the big bosses tell me, yes.

vipin, apparently something to do with database backing up.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Suggestion to the Admins:

Please consider changing the Title of the Oppression of Minorities in Pakistan and Bangla Desh thread in the Strategic Issues Forum.

At the time this thread was started by Dr Benkin, there was a good reason to have a topic entitled "Oppression of Minorities in Pakistan and Bangla Desh."

However, things have changed since then in Bangladesh and this thread seems to now focus mainly on events in Pakistan.

While there is no doubt some victimization of minorities still going on by Islamist Parties in Bangladesh, we should recognize that the Islamists no longer have the sort of free run and official sanction to commit atrocities as the did in the Khaleda Zia days. In short Bangladesh is a very different kettle of fish from Pakistan; diplomacy and changes in political climate are making headway there.

Hence it may be unfair and even counterproductive to keep Bangladesh as predominantly in the title of this thread. If we have visitors from that country, after all, seeing us do an equal-equal of Bangladesh with Pakistan might cause them to question any degree of sympathy for India which may have played a role in bringing them here.

Just my thoughts.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

not necessarily. http://unheardvoice.net/blog/2010/02/24/karnaphuli/

check the last few posts in the bangladesh thread too.
ravar
BRFite
Location: हिमालयम समारभ्य़ यावत हिन्दु सरोवरम, तम देव निर्मितम देशम हिन्दुस्थानम प्रचक्षते

Post by ravar »

Dear members/mods,

Approx until a year ago, used to enjoy jokes at the Humour thread. Then the thread as such suddenly disappeared and I have not been able to find it though after repeated searches. Have we discontinued or merged with some other thread?

Also, just read from Dileepullah that Enqyoobullah has left BR. Came as a big shock! Just checked on the latter's last post and it had been in Dec 09. If this is really true and if the reasons are not sensitive for disclosure, please let know the status. Would like to hear from him.

Thanks
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Check "General Discussion Forum"
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Webmasters... is it possible to have a strikethrough tag (one which shows text crossed out?). I believe it is fairly standard like the boldface, italic and underline tags.
ForumAdmin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ForumAdmin »

Testing

Webmasters... is it possible to have a strikethrough tag (one which shows text crossed out?). I believe it is fairly standard like the boldface, italic and underline tags

use and [ /strike]
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Jai Ho!

Shukriya janab!
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Strike 1

This is cool
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Rahul M wrote:not necessarily. http://unheardvoice.net/blog/2010/02/24/karnaphuli/

check the last few posts in the bangladesh thread too.
No one is arguing that it has stopped entirely or that it does not go on in palpable measure. What has changed since Belkin named the thread is the state sponsorship of persecution against minorities in BD. Continuing an equal-equal of BD with Pakistan, where the state is very much involved with persecuting minorities, is entirely self defeating.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Rudradev wrote:However, things have changed since then in Bangladesh and this thread seems to now focus mainly on events in Pakistan.
The last two pages of that thread have to split off as a new (TSP specific) minority oppression thread.
The original thread has been archived.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

DO WE HAVE A THREAD DEDICATED FOR ISRO.

ADDED LATER :: I searched it in "Military Issues & History Forum" section with ISRO and didn't find anything..so I just asked...I am sorry If I offended anyone.
Last edited by sumshyam on 04 Mar 2010 17:54, edited 3 times in total.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... &start=640

and kindly don't shout. we may be old foggies but we are not hard on hearing.
webmaster
BiG Boss - BR Site

Post by webmaster »

*** IMPORTANT ***

Earlier today I tried to upgrade the forum software to latest version however the upgrade was not successful, so I have had to restore the data from last nights’ backup unfortunately this means that any posts in the last 8 hours will be lost. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Seetal
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Some posts older than 8 hours are lost too
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

All those who got warnings in the last eight hours can consider themselves lucky?? :mrgreen:
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Would it be possible for you to provide a feed URL for updated threads on the forum as is being done on the first page of the BR site? Would love to embed the same on the side bar of my blog
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Hiten wrote:Would it be possible for you to provide a feed URL for updated threads on the forum as is being done on the first page of the BR site? Would love to embed the same on the side bar of my blog
The new upgrade will bring us feed urls . seetal is investigting the previous upgrade issues and will apply it soon.

We may need to get rid of the old BR template as it may not support some of the new features.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Can we have a "go to bottom" button for those who use mobile browsers. It is taking a while to scroll down the pages
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Gus wrote:Can we have a "go to bottom" button for those who use mobile browsers. It is taking a while to scroll down the pages
Is there a mobile view of the forum? what is the mobile url?
yogi
BRFite -Trainee

Replacing the 'New Post' button

Post by yogi »

Admins,

The 'New Post' button is very confusing and cause of unnecessary threads. I have created a new button that says "New Thread", which hopefully might reduce the problem.
Here is the button image:

archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Gus wrote:Can we have a "go to bottom" button for those who use mobile browsers. It is taking a while to scroll down the pages
I'm not sure if webmasters can change the forum software too much. But I do have a suggestion. In my phone, I have this issue. But when I use Opera mini browser, I can scroll using the scroll bar.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

**DELETED**
Last edited by Jagan on 12 Mar 2010 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This thread is not for starting discussions - Use Report Post to contact mod team with your inputs.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

**DELETED**
Last edited by Jagan on 12 Mar 2010 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This advise should go in Armoured Thread - AFTER it reopens - Otherwise this will be the next Armoured Forces Thread.
atreya
BRFite

Re: Replacing the 'New Post' button

Post by atreya »

yogi wrote:Admins,

The 'New Post' button is very confusing and cause of unnecessary threads. I have created a new button that says "New Thread", which hopefully might reduce the problem.
Here is the button image:

I second that. The "New post" is very misleading and the exact opposite of what it does (create a thread). It would be better if admins can replace it with the button that yogi ji has created. Added to this, will be the "Warning" already in place. Should significantly reduce unnecessary threads
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

I have seen that there is more and more attention paid on postiing jahil hamid's videos in tsp and other threads..
.... my opinion is that zaid hamid's videos should not be posted in tsp thread , it should be posted in benis thread only or a separate thread should be made for it(like baki humour thread etc,.) or better these are deleted from here.....

.. ,because what he is doing is producing more maniacs in pakistan,and making them indulge in constant fight with the Indians ,

knowing that Indians are more tech savvy these days,he is continuously motivating paki maniacs to war and spread repetitive nonsense through internet ,as evident through his recent videos,i ve seen some like wake up lahore etc ^^.so by posting videos we benefit and promote his ideology here,,,, therefore

He should not be promoted through BRF platforms ,in any way
[/size]

I hope mods notice this and act accordingly.
Last edited by Rahul M on 13 Mar 2010 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't shout.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

What is to be gained by having only Pakistanis being able to see and hear Prophet Zaid Hamid?

Pakistanis have only to turn on their TV to see Zaid Hamid.

Non-Pakistanis need to see him too. Non-Pakistanis are told that 'Pakistanis are just like us'.
They are fed 'Aman-ki-Asha'. They are encouraged to light candles at the Wagah border.

Should they not also see what motivates the Pakistani young?
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

EDIT.
Last edited by Rahul M on 13 Mar 2010 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: posting in one thread is enough.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Gerard wrote:What is to be gained by having only Pakistanis being able to see and hear Prophet Zaid Hamid?

Pakistanis have only to turn on their TV to see Zaid Hamid.

Non-Pakistanis need to see him too. Non-Pakistanis are told that 'Pakistanis are just like us'.
They are fed 'Aman-ki-Asha'. They are encouraged to light candles at the Wagah border.

Should they not also see what motivates the Pakistani young?

Agree, Hamid bhai is a messiah.. he should get all the publicity he deserves (And more!) :mrgreen:
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

It is currently Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:19 am

but

Armoured Vehicles Discussion Thread

is still locked. :(( :((

I am totally cold now.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

edited.
Last edited by Rahul M on 18 Mar 2010 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: if pakis are happy with themselves let them be, don't post links on BR.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

EDIT.
Last edited by Rahul M on 19 Mar 2010 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please use the report function for these kind of things and don't do it publicly.