Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Jan. 29, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Jan. 29, 2010

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

Isnt this behavior of MMS EXTREMELY suspicious when he overrules virtually everyone in the establishment to implement a no-brained/ against Indian interests agenda? Something is not right here.
The answer has been obvious to me for a long time, for him as well as Sonia Gandhi. You just have to see MMS background in IMF, his sudden elevation to PM post, and his overruling everyone to take anti-national decisions, nuke deal, sudden swinging of all defence deals to American companies, his thanking British for ruling India, his speeches in the UN mentioning untouchables, the sudden revival of Congress -- a party virtually on deathbed 8 years ago -- through EVMs ... You don't have to be James Bond to put two and two together
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^^^
Vinasha Kaale Vipareeta Buddhi

The only chanikyan thing MMS doing is to destroy the national interests so when Yuvaraj takes over, he will be all set to fail.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

sanjaychoudhry wrote: Isnt this behavior of MMS EXTREMELY suspicious when he overrules virtually everyone in the establishment to implement a no-brained/ against Indian interests agenda? Something is not right here.

The answer has been obvious to me for a long time, for him as well as Sonia Gandhi. You just have to see MMS background in IMF, his sudden elevation to PM post, and his overruling everyone to take anti-national decisions, nuke deal, sudden swinging of all defence deals to American companies, his thanking British for ruling India, his speeches in the UN mentioning untouchables, the sudden revival of Congress -- a party virtually on deathbed 8 years ago -- through EVMs ... You don't have to be James Bond to put two and two together
SUch things in history is called Rule by Secrecy or Rule by Proxy.
There is also a book by the same name. http://www.paraview.com/marrs/
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

="Rangudu"]I have it on the authority of two unimpeachable sources that this latest tamasha has been initiated by MMS himself and facilitated by the author of SeS , the new NSA S.S.Menon. This has been MMS' plan since last summer, but the SeS debacle and Headley revelations allowed opponents like M.K.N and P. Chidambaram to block those plans. Now that M.K.N is out of the way, I'm told that the PM has a green light to "make his mark in history", to quote some insiders.

The shades of Nehru and Menon again. No wonder MMS take pride in emulating Nehru!! Who is stopping these patriot worthies from resigning ?
jaladipc
BRFite

Post by jaladipc »

Is it any thing new that the GOI is doing today?
None of them in Central gov are nationalists and moreover they had vaccinations to prevent future patriotic fever.
When ever someone makes a pledge to occupy the chair of PM,a small needle goes deep into their musharaff to keep them away from patriotic feelings and makes them immune to nationalistic feelings.

Woov,seems like MMS is bowing to US for every cause loosing his self esteem along with keeping the whole nation of 1.2 billion down( never mind about those few 250 million who vote for congress )
Bhaskar
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar »

jaladipc wrote:Is it any thing new that the GOI is doing today?
None of them in Central gov are nationalists and moreover they had vaccinations to prevent future patriotic fever.
When ever someone makes a pledge to occupy the chair of PM,a small needle goes deep into their musharaff to keep them away from patriotic feelings and makes them immune to nationalistic feelings.

Woov,seems like MMS is bowing to US for every cause loosing his self esteem along with keeping the whole nation of 1.2 billion down( never mind about those few 250 million who vote for congress )
I apologize for saying this. But, something inside me wants another 26/11 :(. But this time in the Indian parliament, when a few politicians will be killed, then only will they learn.

MMS will probably be still too pussy to do anything. He would still go for the Diplomatic approach. No Dialogue with Pakistan Forever, until at least United States tells us to.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

GuruPrabhu wrote:The Indian electronic media is probably the most corrupt, anti-national and devoid of ethics in the entire world, there isn't a single news channel in English that presents an news event in a neutral way which is why there is a high percentage of ignorant fools among the globe trotting English speaking Indian Elite.
IMHO the entire english media should not be held responsible for the crimes committed by 2 infamous criminal run channels spouting terrorist propaganda. I dont need to name these channels since most know them.

Most of the people from these 2 channels are on twitter and facebook. All it takes is finding their ids and giving them daily a dose of reality.

Some take the criticism sportingly and are forced to rethink their current policy while others like "road scholar" dumbalika go ballistic and abuse others on the net.

So get an twitter n facebook id and teach these jholawalla a lesson and make a difference.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

As someone said, when Chidambaram is already going to Pakistan next month and discussing terror as the sole topic.

what was the need for the congress run govt of India to suddenly declare composite dialogue now even before Chidambaram's trip.

surely doesn't make much sense and seems somebody jumped at a dictat from somewhere outside.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

I apologize for saying this. But, something inside me wants another 26/11 :(. But this time in the Indian parliament, when a few politicians will be killed, then only will they learn.
Been there, done that.

If diddly squat was done( though netas were not killed) when this happened under the "nationalistic" NDA (ok, atleast they caused a few brown pants in Pindi due to op Parakram unlike the fearsome dossiers after 26/11), one can imagine the Indian reaction if a similar thing happens under the able leadership of Manmohan "SeS" Singh.

Honestly, till someone can show me anything Chankian about the current GoI, i say aack thoo on this spineless govt
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

habal wrote:As someone said, when Chidambaram is already going to Pakistan next month and discussing terror as the sole topic.
That meeting is postponed for now.
SAARC home ministers' meet put off
New Delhi: The meeting of interior ministers of the SAARC countries in Islamabad scheduled for Feb 26-28, in which Home Minister P Chidambaram was expected to represent India, has been postponed. The meeting was postponed as the dates for the visit did not suit the Nepalese home minister, informed sources said. Fresh dates are being discussed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

X posted from media watch thread.

http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/feb/ ... arn-us.htm

Free Dr Aafia or your solider dies, Taliban warns US
February 05, 2010 17:43 IST

The Afghan Taliban has threatened to kill a US soldier in its captivity if Dr Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani neuroscientist currently in detention in New York, is not released.

The Taliban claimed that Siddiqui's family had approached the Taliban network through a Jirga seeking their assistance to put pressure on the US to do justice with her.

Siddiqui has been charged for firing at US officials in Afghanistan.

'Being Muslims, it becomes our religious and moral obligation to help the distressed Pakistani woman convicted by the US court on false charges,' The News quoted a top Afghan Taliban commander, as saying.

The extremists commander threatened that kidnapped US soldier, Bowe Bergdahl, would be executed it their demands were not accepted.

'We tried our best to make the family understand that our role may create more troubles for the hapless woman, who was already in trouble. On their persistent requests, we have now decided to include Dr Aafia Siddiqui's name in the list of our prisoners in US custody that we delivered to Americans in Afghanistan for swap of their soldier in our custody,' the militant commander said, on conditions of anonymity.

It may be noted that Bergdahl was kidnapped from Afghanistan's Paktika province near Pakistan's troubled South Waziristan in June 2009.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Philip wrote:The haste with which "Foggy Bottom" welcomed the resumption of "talks" leaves no doubt,if at all there was,who is determining the contoursof India's foreign policy.

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/article10 ... epage=true
The Obama Administration on Friday welcomed the Indian proposal to hold talks with Pakistan at the level of Foreign Secretary.

"This is a welcome move," the Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, P.J. Crowley, told reporters at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.

"We are supportive of dialogue among India, Pakistan and Afghanistan as a key component of moving ahead and achieving a stable region," Mr. Crowley said in response to a question.

"We certainly have been encouraging steps that both Pakistan and India could take to address mutual concerns and to take appropriate steps so that tensions can be reduced, cooperation can be increased, and, as a result you have a more stable region that is focused on threats, both interests that they share and threats that they share, Mr. Crowley said.

Pak will accept Indian offer but problem on agenda: Stratfor

Terming it as a breakthrough in Indo-Pak relationship, a US-based strategic think tank has said that New Delhi's offer to have Foreign Secretary-level talks with Islamabad is driven by India's concerns over Taliban appeasement in Afghanistan.

"Though little progress has been made in India's efforts to get Islamabad to crack down on India-focused militants operating on Pakistani soil, India's concerns over Taliban appeasement in Afghanistan are driving New Delhi toward engagement with Islamabad," said Stratfor, which provides strategic intelligence on security and geopolitical affairs.

"India knows the only way it can edge into the Afghanistan dialogue and hope to influence the Taliban negotiations is to first reopen a diplomatic channel with Pakistan," it said in its news analysis on India’s offer of talks with Islamabad.

Mr. Stratfor said India demonstrated its openness to cooperate on the issue when Indian External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said January 30 that India is willing to give negotiations with the Taliban a try.

Mr. Krishna even went so far as to say that India could be "quite satisfied" even if Pakistan took a "few steps" in cooperation with the Mumbai attacks investigation, it said.

"Pakistan will likely accept the Indian offer to talk, but problems will arise when it comes time to set the agenda. India will want to talk about Pakistani-sponsored militancy and Taliban negotiations. Pakistan will want to talk about everything else. It will be up to the United States to attempt to bridge this difficult gap," it said.

Stratfor said United States and Pakistan are showing signs of realigning their views on how to negotiate with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The US needs results in this war on a short timeline, and is finding that it must work with Pakistan if it wants to see progress in negotiations with the Taliban.

As a result, the United States also must face the unpalatable political prospect of opening a dialogue with high-level militant commanders like Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Omar, it noted.

"These developments are causing concern to New Delhi," Stratfor said adding that India remembers well the security problems it faced while the Taliban ruled Afghanistan from 1994 to 2001, including a 1999 hijacking of an Indian airliner by Pakistani militants who forced the aircraft to land in Kandahar with the cooperation of the Taliban regime.

"India is fearful of any US-Pakistani designs for Taliban appeasement in Afghanistan that would allow the militant group substantial political space to operate.

For this reason, India also is increasing diplomatic contacts with Iran, which shares New Delhi’s fears of a political comeback for the Taliban in Afghanistan," it said.

Stratfor noted that Pakistan in recent months has voiced increasing concerns over Indian involvement in Afghanistan.

Though India has primarily focused its efforts in Afghanistan on political and economic reconstruction, Islamabad has a deep-seated fear that New Delhi is creating a foothold in Afghanistan to the west to encircle Pakistan.

Offcourse Philip. It was clear that US pressure is there when the whole Pentagon and WSJ screamed for the resumption of talks. The Dec 31 targetting chefs and now the three US soldiers on trg mission in Dir are clear indicators that the gorilla is crying uncle.

Talks are India's least cost option at this time. Need to ensure the gorilla doesn't collude with the monkey against the mali. The danger is the gorilla might let the monkey scratch the mali to ease the pain. The worst thing for India in Afghanistan is to have the gorilla declare the bad Taliban (ISI controlled) are the good Taliban. For that is return to 1996.

By resuming talks India assures the US interests that its playing ball. And TSP state and non state actors will see it as weakness and let lose in India again. At that time India can take whatever the decision is appropriate for that situation.

Anyway I dont believe all those stories about MMS and the peace initative for personal glory. He is buying time. By not talking he gained one year without attacks and the elections. By talking now he might gain some more.

Meantime IA can stop the fratricide at the top and realize who they are there to fight against.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Rangudu wrote:I have it on the authority of two unimpeachable sources that this latest tamasha has been initiated by MMS himself and facilitated by the author of SeS , the new NSA S.S.Menon. This has been MMS' plan since last summer, but the SeS debacle and Headley revelations allowed opponents like M.K.N and P. Chidambaram to block those plans. Now that M.K.N is out of the way, I'm told that the PM has a green light to "make his mark in history", to quote some insiders.

I'm told that both gentlemen have overruled vehement objections from career diplomats, the Home Ministry, COAS, and even a majority within the cabinet for this effort. US pressure was likely a marginal factor, I'm told, because MMS has been dead set to make another push for this, come what may. My sources tell me that the only concession won by the protesting majority is that the language of any comminiques and statements would be vetted by multiple people.

While jingos might be worried about any Kashmir related move, the Home Minister is extremely concerned that the ISI-pigLeT network could use any new programs, such as bus travel, visa relaxation etc. to create new networks in India and overturn the painstaking successes achieved over the last few months.

:evil: :evil:
The big question now is, will TSP have the unusual self-restraint needed to not disrupt the talks, or are they going to attack, and then rely on the good old, " we can't stop talking otherwise the terrorists will win" nonsense after the attack. We know that these talks will not prevent attacks, and will probably actually precipitate them for paki reasons that we all understand. So I have to believe that this time, the plan sis that the talks will be made to continue, with the twin outcomes of Indian withdrawal from Afghanistan and the sharing of J&K, inspite of the attacks which are almost guaranteed.

We should also be thinking of the nonentity role being played by NDA and the so-called Hindu-right in this matter. How to explain it?
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Ramana

I doubt that MMS is doing this to "buy time" to thwart attacks.

If anything can delay attacks, it might be TSPA not wanting a distraction as their plans to get their Talipaks back in Kabul are taking effect.

There are few other explanations, excluding MMS' "Nobel Prize" dreams, that can tell us why the undue haste to appease TSP has happened the moment SSM took over.

When non-political people tell me that they are concerned about MMS' personal glory quest, I cannot dismiss it or feel comfortable in a view that this is somehown part of a Chanakyan "least cost" option.
jaladipc
BRFite

Post by jaladipc »

Bhaskar wrote:
jaladipc wrote:Is it any thing new that the GOI is doing today?

MMS will probably be still too pussy to do anything. He would still go for the Diplomatic approach.
And you know the implications will be?

they will cut down the security every where with no protection to common man who voted these morons and **** lickers and increase their personal security while making the whole delhi and that too the parliment area as a ocean of SSG,SPG,......

Killing a minister/leader never brought any good.If one **** gets killed in the blast/attack then his son/daughter gets elected using the sympathy.whats the point of such an attack?

What needs to be changed is the mindset of common man.And I want that change to occur only during the election time when we vote for some kafirs/pakirs.
If the indian nationals can manage just one term in electing a true nationalist who is for the country rather than for the swiss bank,the country will change and the baboons we have today will be resting behind the bars.
Once given an opportunity to see the real world with no vote bank politics/money throwing, people will realize what they lost all these decades since they elected a kafir.
There is a saying: Inta gelichi racha gelavali.
Lets clean the mess in home first ,then we will put show some balls in the international domain.

P.S: I wanted to add more flavour by using much hard jungali language, but considering that few folks might find it too offensive and backtracked in using such words which best suit these politico curroptos.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lets see.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i have torn TOI aman ki tamasha a new musharraf on readers comments, lets see if they print it
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Ramana

I doubt that we'll know the real motives until some of the current insiders do a Brajesh Mishra or Jaswant Singh type thing after retirement.

Even if you discard any sort of off the record stuff from "well connected" people, I believe that a logical analysis of our post-26/11 policies do not support this "least cost approach to US pressure" conclusion.

SeS went way beyond "least cost". Even this last week, all the efforts by the EAM and others to bend over backwards on LeT, 26/11 trial etc. indicate that this is a top-level high priority political push, regardless of facts on the ground.

From I.K.Gujral to others, we know that a single-minded "peace" PM can do enormous damage, just like PVN showed that a strong minded PM can hold steady under enormous pressure.
jaladipc
BRFite

Post by jaladipc »

Lalmohan wrote:i have torn TOI aman ki tamasha a new musharraf on readers comments, lets see if they print it
they wont.
I had good experience with that.
One day,I equated TOI as a desi terrorist propaganda daily and posted with including some essence.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Rangudu wrote:Ramana

I doubt that we'll know the real motives until some of the current insiders do a Brajesh Mishra or Jaswant Singh type thing after retirement.

Even if you discard any sort of off the record stuff from "well connected" people, I believe that a logical analysis of our post-26/11 policies do not support this "least cost approach to US pressure" conclusion.

SeS went way beyond "least cost". Even this last week, all the efforts by the EAM and others to bend over backwards on LeT, 26/11 trial etc. indicate that this is a top-level high priority political push, regardless of facts on the ground.

From I.K.Gujral to others, we know that a single-minded "peace" PM can do enormous damage, just like PVN showed that a strong minded PM can hold steady under enormous pressure.
From what I can glean of the intellects of our political elite, very very rarely do any of them have a fine-grained detail-oriented mind that can formulate a proportionate response to a problem. They tend to oscillate between a do-nothing timidity and a grand gesture that can't be logically justified. Their intellects are not capable of parsing the finer distinctions and crafting a strategy. At the same time, the amount of power they have makes them impervious to any questioning of their thinking / understanding, let alone self-questioning. From reports I have heard, I believe this is true of MMS also.

PVN was likely an exception, though he played his cards too close to his chest, so we only have glimpses of his thought process.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

Mr.K.C.Singh was on CNN-IBN yesterday and he explicitly said that this is an initiative of MMS himself. He didn't seem to be happy with the current tamasha and said "This prime minister has a habit of doing things himself" something like this. He was saying more on that but Jayanthi Natarajan jumped in defending MMS and didn't allow him to speak. And unfortunately the show ended there. :evil:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tamang wrote:Mr.K.C.Singh was on CNN-IBN yesterday and he explicitly said that this is an initiative of MMS himself. He didn't seem to be happy with the current tamasha and said "This prime minister has a habit of doing things himself" something like this. He was saying more on that but Jayanthi Natarajan jumped in defending MMS and didn't allow him to speak. And unfortunately the show ended there. :evil:
Jayanthi often does this when "inconvinient" truths are about to be aired. They have chosen this banshee well.

MMS seems to have the establishment rattled. I sincerely hope that wiser counsel prevails.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

MMS seems to have the establishment rattled. I sincerely hope that wiser counsel prevails
There was news last month that MMS has stopped taking interest in security briefing which brings inconvenient facts to be taken in consideration while dealing with Paki. If he is taking this personal initiative with the encouragement of Uncle then he is another Raibhadur negotiating with outsiders at the expense of Indian. Guess India cant afford 2 Mr Cleans beating their drums at the helm while enemies are sharpning their swords.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Latest

JuD/LeT chief addresses 10,000 in Lahore saying India must give up Kashmir or face jihad. Same goes for "state" of Hyderabad

Now increased to hyderabad. Next will be Assam

I telling you, India is the sacrificial lamb put up by the west.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

JuD vows to take Kashmir by force
Nirupama Subramanian
This is the first time after 26/11 attack JuD has come out openly

A day after Islamabad said it was seeking a clarification from New Delhi on the agenda for the proposed Foreign Secretary-level talks, the Jamat-ud-Dawah, front organisation of the Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group blamed for the Mumbai attacks, held a public meeting here vowing to seize Kashmir by force and threatening “rivers of blood” in India.

In Lahore too, the JuD organised a public rally, led by Hafiz Saeed, alleged by India to have masterminded the Mumbai attacks.

The rally went from the JuD headquarters in Chauburji to the University Grounds, where Mr. Saeed led the participants in Friday prayers.

It proceeded to the famous Masjid-e-Shohada on Mall road, where the second tier leadership of the group made anti-India speeches. However, Mr. Saeed did not speak at the public meeting.

The meetings were held alongside other country-wide events to mark Kashmir Solidarity Day, annually observed in Pakistan on February 5. The JuD rally in the capital was held at Aabpara chowk in the heart of the city, a short walk from the barricaded headquarters of the Inter-Services Intelligence.

The JuD is on the United Nations terror list as a front of the LeT, but Pakistan has not banned the group. This is the first time after the Mumbai attacks that the group has come out openly, dropping last year’s cover of “Falah-i-Insaniyat”.

The government, which took some steps against the JuD and placed Hafiz Saeed under house arrest days after the Mumbai attacks, seems to have given it a long rope now.

Friday’s meetings in Islamabad and Lahore followed the one on Wednesday in Muzaffarabad, capital of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.

In the capital, it was not a crowded meeting, the cold and steady drizzle dampening enthusiasm for the event, but the speakers more than made up for this. Banners and posters with the JuD ensignia were found everywhere.

“Whenever our jihad in Kashmir nears success, India becomes ready for talks,” Abdur Rehman Makki, deputy to JuD leader Hafiz Saeed, told his audience, mostly traders from the local market, students from madrasas and JuD activists bussed in from Rawalpindi.

“But what is this dialogue all about? [Former President Pervez]Musharraf tried dialogue for eight years. What did he get? What did Pakistan get? A ban on Lashkar-e-Toiba, while Shiv Sena is allowed to go free,” he said.

India and the U.S. were trying to make the Kashmir cause a part of the “war on terror,” he said, but if India did not pull out its troops from there, “each one of the 17 crore Pakistanis would struggle step-for-step with the Kashmiris in the massacre of Indian soldiers until the last soldier is dead.”

The JuD, he said, “is a reality of Pakistan, and anyone who tries to finish it will not succeed.”

Mr. Makki also railed against the United Nations and the U.S. “Ban us all you like. It is meaningless. It is no more one Hafiz Saeed, every citizen of Pakistan will fight for Kashmir until the last drop of his blood,” he said.

He warned that jihadis were ready to fill the Ravi river with “blood on the water” to avenge what he alleged was India’s denial of river waters to Pakistan.

“Kashmir had become a cold issue. But by denying Pakistan water, India has ensured that every farmer in Punjab is lining up with his tractor and plough, ready to overrun India.”

At one time, jihadis were interested only in the liberation of Kashmir, but the water issue had ensured that “Delhi, Pune and Kanpur” were all fair targets, he said.

A string of other JuD speakers praised jihad, and urged Pakistanis to take to it in “Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine.” The Pakistan People’s Party came in for its share of criticism for straying from Zulfikar Ali Bhutto’s promise of a “100-year war” for Kashmir.

The Pakistan Muslim League (N) spokesman Siddique-ul-Farooq, and Sardar Khalid Ibrahim of the “Azad Jammu and Kashmir” Pakistan People’s Party also spoke at the meeting.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

The JUD chief need not worry. USA is more on his side than he knows. This TSPA/ISI sponsored terroriost rally is to show how popular Kashmir cause is and TSPA cannot go after them. And like TSP seems to have its way in Afganisthan, they might have their way here too, given MMS's eagerness.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shyamd wrote:
“But what is this dialogue all about? [Former President Pervez]Musharraf tried dialogue for eight years. What did he get? What did Pakistan get? A ban on Lashkar-e-Toiba, while Shiv Sena is allowed to go free,” he said.
This is interesting.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Code: Select all

[b]“Kashmir had become a cold issue. But by denying Pakistan water, India has ensured that every farmer in Punjab is lining up with his tractor and plough, ready to overrun India.”[/b]
Does he know why he and millions like him are wearing Salwar and how did it start? :rotfl:
One thing for sure , Pakis are scared Sh..t of water issue. Basically he barking /bargaining to secure water controlled by India thus the mujra in Lawhore for Pakjabis. Mullah Hafiz fears P in Pakistan might truly stand for Pee of/from India/Indians.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Acharya wrote:
shyamd wrote:
This is interesting.
Indeed, and would you wager to bet if many of India's governing elite actually concur with Hafeez Saeed?
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Well SS is indeed a trouble spot but in context of Indo-Pak relations they have no significance apart from serving as a fodder for rhetoric mullahs and the 'equal equal' media bunnies in desh.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Gora's Bhadwa TOIlet reports this:
US ties India-Pak talks to Afghanistan
The persuasive hand behind the India-Pakistan thaw has welcomed New Delhi’s decision to talk to Islamabad while underscoring the dialogue’s importance to the situation in Afghanistan rather than to Pakistan’s peeves about Kashmir.
Gosh... cant they even make the connection that resolution of Cashmere IS a part of the solution to the situation in Afghanistan!!!
Two senior US officials who gave thumbs up to India’s move explicitly linked the decision to the complex situation in Afghanistan where New Delhi and Islamabad are locked in shadow boxing that could prove detrimental to Washington’s goals of enforcing peace and exiting from there. Neither of them mentioned Pakistan’s obsession with the unresolved Kashmir issue or India’s focus on terrorism.

''We are supportive of dialogue among India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan as a key component of moving ahead and achieving a stable region,'' P.J.Crowley, Assistant Secretary of State who is also the state department spokesman said on Thursday when asked about the Indian offer, adding, ''We certainly have been encouraging steps that both Pakistan and India could take to address mutual concerns and to take appropriate steps so that tensions can be reduced, cooperation can be increased, and as a result, you have a more stable region that is focused on threats – both interests that they share and threats that they share.'' {i.e. Kashmir has to be solved to get a resolution of Afghanistan}

The US concern about Afghanistan at the expense of Pakistan’s Kashmir agenda was made even more explicit by Washington’s special Representative to Af-Pak Richard Holbrooke, who made an important pronouncement – that will be music to New Delhi’s ears – by endorsing India’s stake in the war-torn country where Pakistan is questioning its locus standi. {If you read further Holbrooke talks about the "region" and NOT specifically ANY area, i.e. Kashmir is also being talked about here, although in a very hush hush tone}

''The Indians have a legitimate series of security interests in that region, as do a number of other countries, including, of course, Pakistan, China and all the other countries that neighbor on Afghanistan,'' Holbrooke said at a briefing for the international media. ''And any search for a resolution of the war in Afghanistan requires that the legitimate security interests of every country be understood and taken into account.'' {== by Holbrooke Sahib}

''The dilemma arises when those security interests tend to be in conflict,'' Holbrooke continued in his exposition of the India-Pakistan face-off. ''And Afghanistan has suffered throughout history by the fact that it has sometimes become the terrain for surrogate struggles for power. We do not want to see that happen.'' {i.e. Kashmir is impacting Afghanistan }

While some US analysts have suggested resolving the Kashmir issue is central to US success in Afghanistan, Holbrooke declined to endorse the line of thinking, in keeping with the counter-view that Kashmir was just a symptom of Pakistan dysfunction, not the cause. Asked how important Kashmir is for reducing tension between
India and Pakistan, Holbrooke dismissed the issue from the US agenda while declining to even mention the K-word at a time when Pakistan is poised to put it back on the front-burner.

''On the specific you talked about, we are not going to negotiate or mediate on that issue. And I'm going to try to keep my record and not even mention it by name, Holbrooke said, adding, “But I want to be clear that anything that the two countries do to reduce tensions or improve relations will be something we would applaud and encourage.”

“But we are not going to act as intermediaries between Islamabad and New Delhi. That is not what we are here to do. I'm not just talking about myself,” Holbrooke maintained, suggesting that it was broadly the policy of the Obama administration and a continuation of the Bush White House’s policy of not highlighting the Kashmir issue.

Statements from the two officials on a day Pakistan pushed the envelope on Kashmir (with Kashmir Day rallies across the country) in response to India’s offer on talks indicated that US did not share Islamabad’s agenda on key issues, including downsizing New Delhi’s role in Afghanistan. The global think tank Stratfor has already forecast a deadlock without American help.

"India will want to talk about Pakistani-sponsored militancy and Taliban negotiations. Pakistan will want to talk about everything else. It will be up to the United States to attempt to bridge this difficult gap," Stratfor said in an analysis on Thursday.

Though little progress has been made in India's efforts to get Islamabad to crack down on India-focused militants operating on Pakistani soil, India's concerns over Taliban appeasement in Afghanistan are driving New Delhi toward engagement with Islamabad, the think tank said.

US officials were clearly in the loop on the Indian olive branch, with various administration mandarins having made known for weeks that Washington prefers engagement to India’s posture of no-talks till Pakistan acts on 26/11. The reasoning in Washington was that India’s ''obdurate'' position was allowing Pakistan’s militaristic constituency to up the ante and build up a hostile atmosphere at the expense of its peace-seeking civil society, undermining US goals in Afghanistan. {TOIlet truly knows how to lick the white man's you-know-where, if they were truly neutral journos, they would have written that the olive branch comes from months of begging by Porkistan}

How did this turn from
PLEASE PLEASE TALK TO US, PLEASE
to
Look here they come running with their tail between the legs???
from a TSP perspective???

I cringe when seeing Indian media suck up to the west like this. It's like watching an major accident in slow motion.

I guess the forum is right in assuming that MMS has sold India whole-sale to US interests here. Wonder how deep of a damage this regime would leave in its wake. Maybe another thread for that: "Long term costs of compromised Indian interests by Current regime at the center"??
Last edited by lakshmikanth on 06 Feb 2010 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/02 ... -builders/
A psychological operations sergeant and two military nation-builders have been identified as the soldiers killed earlier this week by a roadside bomb in Pakistan.

39 year-old Staff Sergeant Mark Alan Stets, Jr. (pictured) was assigned to Alpha Company of the 8th Psychological Operations Battalion out of Fort Bragg, N.C.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

lakshmikanth wrote:
US officials were clearly in the loop on the Indian olive branch, with various administration mandarins having made known for weeks that Washington prefers engagement to India’s posture of no-talks till Pakistan acts on 26/11. The reasoning in Washington was that India’s ''obdurate'' position was allowing Pakistan’s militaristic constituency to up the ante and build up a hostile atmosphere at the expense of its peace-seeking civil society, undermining US goals in Afghanistan. {TOIlet truly knows how to lick the white man's you-know-where, if they were truly neutral journos, they would have written that the olive branch comes from months of begging by Porkistan}
Toilet is a gora newspaper.
debadutta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by debadutta »

With MMS and Co at helm looks like India is all set to replace UK as Unkil's favorite poodle.
GOI talks to Pak when Unkil wants us. And as a bonus India and Indian citizen are here to act as a sponge to absorb all the jehadi violence .
jaladipc
BRFite

Post by jaladipc »

Prem wrote:

Code: Select all

[b]“Kashmir had become a cold issue. But by denying Pakistan water, India has ensured that every farmer in Punjab is lining up with his tractor and plough, ready to overrun India.”[/b]
Does he know why he and millions like him are wearing Salwar and how did it start? :rotfl:
One thing for sure , Pakis are scared Sh..t of water issue. Basically he barking /bargaining to secure water controlled by India thus the mujra in Lawhore for Pakjabis. Mullah Hafiz fears P in Pakistan might truly stand for Pee of/from India/Indians.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

By the way,me no expert on this IWT.Hence willing to know,like how may more dams we can build on these rivers to completely stop water while going according to accord? Is it possible or no?
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Of course Indian pigs do urinate in the rivers, accounting for the epidemic of 'male weakness' in Pakistan. Too bad their mullahs don't tell them.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

shyamd wrote:“But what is this dialogue all about? [Former President Pervez]Musharraf tried dialogue for eight years. What did he get? What did Pakistan get? A ban on Lashkar-e-Toiba, while Shiv Sena is allowed to go free,” he said.
Wow! Do these morons see themselves as part of India? How many Pakistanis has the Shiv Sena killed?

As for MMS motivations - is it possible he's trying to assume leadership of Islam? Kind of an Indian Blunt project.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

debadutta wrote:With MMS and Co at helm looks like India is all set to replace UK as Unkil's favorite poodle.
GOI talks to Pak when Unkil wants us. And as a bonus India and Indian citizen are here to act as a sponge to absorb all the jehadi violence .
Except that most Indian citizens are SDREs and so will not enjoy the warmth, empathy, and genuine friendsship that the UK poodles enjoy with Unkil. And as a result, unlike UK poodledum elites, we SDREs can't even pretend that we have any importance in the world by riding on the co-tails of Unkil.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

vera_k wrote:.....How many Pakistanis has the Shiv Sena killed?....
Its supposed to be an == to shiv sena killing muslims. pakistan represents muslims in india...IOW, muslims in India are really pakistanis...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Anujan wrote:39 year-old Staff Sergeant Mark Alan Stets, Jr. (pictured) was assigned to Alpha Company of the 8th Psychological Operations Battalion out of Fort Bragg, N.C.

errrr...what's a psychological operations battalion? what are they doing in peestan.