Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Jan. 29, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Jan. 29, 2010

Post by Prem »

.....How many Pakistanis has the Shiv Sena killed?....
Its supposed to be an == to shiv sena killing muslims. pakistan represents muslims in india...IOW, muslims in India are really pakistanis...
This is one equation on which both India and Paquiestan can work together and take free poll on the subject. Other way they can test this == is by opening up IM immigration to the Land of Pures which was shut down by them in Sixties.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I agree with this. Nuke deal is connected all this tamasha. India may have to ditch the nuke deal.

Bull. India cannot and no one can stop the deal now at this moment. There is no leverage left for any power regarding the nuke deal, India is not Iran or Pukistan struggling to send a sounding rocket into the upper atmosphere. Lets get that clear.

GWB will go down in History as one of US's greatest Presidents. Not because he invaded Iraq, but that he and CR made the iniative to bring India out of the cold. He will be remembered and honored for that, 20 years hence. I for one, if not many members in this forum will agree, have deep regards for my friends. White/ Black/ Brown/ Yellow or Blue, TFTA or SDRE. And GWB and CR were friends and Bharat Rakshaks.They knew they were unable as ateam to do enough..but they did where it mattered.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

harbans wrote:I agree with this. Nuke deal is connected all this tamasha. India may have to ditch the nuke deal.

Bull. India cannot and no one can stop the deal now at this moment. There is no leverage left for any power regarding the nuke deal, India is not Iran or Pukistan struggling to send a sounding rocket into the upper atmosphere. Lets get that clear.
I am talking about IUCNA and not about the international deal and NSG.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

jaladipc wrote:
Lalmohan wrote:i have torn TOI aman ki tamasha a new musharraf on readers comments, lets see if they print it
they wont.
I had good experience with that.
One day,I equated TOI as a desi terrorist propaganda daily and posted with including some essence.
I agree, they won't. I have been sending repeatedly to them the Jinnah quote as to how India & Pakistan are two different cultures & countries, and the have been careful not to publish that. They realize that Jinnah's words would simply shake the whole facade they are trying to build. I tried several techniques, different names, other mail IDs etc. Nothing worked. I have sent them other things that they did publish though.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Data point - was watching AryNews in Urdu - Aafia Siddiqui was raised in every Kashmir Solidarity Day demonstration; and overall in the newscast I estimate A.S. figured more than Kashmir.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Philip wrote:The haste with which "Foggy Bottom" welcomed the resumption of "talks" leaves no doubt,if at all there was,who is determining the contoursof India's foreign policy.

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/article10 ... epage=true

Mr. Stratfor said India demonstrated
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Guddu on 06 Feb 2010 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Genuine question:

How is this round of "Lets start talking" different from what ABV did?

Parliament attack was in Dec 2001, we broke off contact, had Op-Parakram, called it off Oct 2002 followed by "comprehensive dialog". ~ 1 year

Mumbai attack was on Nov 2008, little over a year later, Feb 2010, we are having talks again. ~ 1 year
Karna_A
BRFite

Post by Karna_A »

The reason IM immigration was shut down was partly to do with Abdul hamid, who single handedly destroyed 3 pattons in war. Bhutto started having second thoughts on IM when they didn't revolt in JK but instead rounded up all terrorists.
Prem wrote: This is one equation on which both India and Paquiestan can work together and take free poll on the subject. Other way they can test this == is by opening up IM immigration to the Land of Pures which was shut down by them in Sixties.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

del
Last edited by Guddu on 06 Feb 2010 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Anujan wrote:Genuine question:

Superficially - not that much different. But...

1. ABV was dealing directly with the guy holding the leash.

2. Parakram, plus Unkil's pressure did result in visible restraining of the pigLeTs

3. Indications of new pigLeT attacks were an order of magnitude lower

4. We had a relative upper hand (compared to today) in Afghanistan

5. No SeS type track record
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Question - if there is vague intelligence of an impending pigLet strike and GOI thinks its chances of stopping it are at best 50-50, then does it work for GOI to start talks? If pigLet strike occurs then GOI is then seen as fully justified in ending the talks; and also GOI can cite to Indians that it stopped the talks in retaliation for the strike and having this readymade action in hand, GOI can continue not to do anything more than that. Plausible?
Karna_A
BRFite

Post by Karna_A »

Talk on and off is just like bulb on/off with no value.

Here are 5 concrete steps that can be taken:
First thing is to cut overflights over India of TSP flights. IG did it in 1971.
That cuts them from Nepal, BD and most of South east Asia.
If piglets are still not prosecuted, second step would be to cut all other nations overflights going to TSP. That totally cuts off from SE Asia as flight via SL is very expensive.
Third is disallow any phone calls to/from TSP. Why is it even needed? So Pawaar can talk to D?
Fourth is recall Ambassadors and send TSP ambassador packing home
Fifth is restart of Baluchi and Northern Areas freedom movements
A_Gupta wrote:Question - if there is vague intelligence of an impending pigLet strike and GOI thinks its chances of stopping it are at best 50-50, then does it work for GOI to start talks? If pigLet strike occurs then GOI is then seen as fully justified in ending the talks; and also GOI can cite to Indians that it stopped the talks in retaliation for the strike and having this readymade action in hand, GOI can continue not to do anything more than that. Plausible?
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

A_Gupta,

It is not smart to take strategic decisions as a matter of clever tactics. Bending over backwards and showing a lack of spine will actually only embolden them.

There may be some Chanakyan merit to make some sort of talks offer, I don't deny that. However, preponderance of evidence suggests that MMS is doing this out of his conviction that India somehow has to placate all its neighbors in order to achieve its destiny. He also has a vision of India that is closer to today's Japan than that of a civilizational state.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Rangudu wrote:A_Gupta,

It is not smart to take strategic decisions as a matter of clever tactics. Bending over backwards and showing a lack of spine will actually only embolden them.

There may be some Chanakyan merit to make some sort of talks offer, I don't deny that. However, preponderance of evidence suggests that MMS is doing this out of his conviction that India somehow has to placate all its neighbors in order to achieve its destiny. He also has a vision of India that is closer to today's Japan than that of a civilizational state.
Boss, what is a civilizational state?

To me, MMS signifies something else. He is one of those western educated elites who looks at India from askance, indeed 'South Asia', as a kind of experiment through which he can showcase his western acquired economic expertise and his political worldview. There is no core Indian nationalist in him. And hence he does not view TSP terrorism through the same prism us nationalists do. In other words, what TSP is doing to India is not unadulterated evil (analogous to how US views its enemies), rather, it is a legitimate expression of political disagreement which he desires to bridge. Furthermore, I can bet you, his would be the western worldview, namely, theres is no rational, morally clearcut basis to India's travails with TSP's degenerate behavior; rather its the arcane Hindus and Muslims hate each other and its the white man's burden to bring them in line.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vera_k wrote: Wow! Do these morons see themselves as part of India? How many Pakistanis has the Shiv Sena killed?
:rotfl: They do! Pakistanis - even the jihadis seem to think they are living out the June 16th 1946 plan of separate electorate of Muslims within greater India. Well..blow me down.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Anujan wrote:Genuine question:

Parliament attack was in Dec 2001, we broke off contact, had Op-Parakram, called it off Oct 2002 followed by "comprehensive dialog". ~ 1 year

Mumbai attack was on Nov 2008, little over a year later, Feb 2010, we are having talks again. ~ 1 year

...he loves me..he loves me not..
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

CRamS ... beautiful post. sums up everything so nicely.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

If MMS is looking to bridge the political divide with Pakistan, what separates him from the Akhand Bharat type of nationalist?
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Bruised Maid Dies at 12, and Pakistan Seethes

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/world ... 6maid.html
LAHORE, Pakistan — The death already seemed like a bitter injustice. A maid died after unexplained injuries she got in the house of her rich employer. But one detail in particular has outraged Pakistanis: she was 12.

Her employer — a lawyer and a former head of the Lahore Bar Association — says she fell down stairs, and died Jan. 22 of complications from a skin disease. Her family claims she was tortured. The employer remains in police custody while they investigate the family’s charges.

Whatever the case, the death of Shazia Masih, a wisp of a girl from a bone-poor family, has served as a vivid reminder of the powerlessness of the poor in Pakistan.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

India-Pakistan talks likely this month
South Block officials said the two sides were looking at the possibility of a meeting in February itself, and that the venue was not an issue. South Block officials said India did not want to get into “jargon” over how to label the proposed dialogue. What mattered, they said, was that the Indian side was prepared to discuss “all issues of interest.” Islamabad wants the full range of problem areas to be discussed, especially the water issue. The Pakistani side is especially concerned about dams and barrages being built by India, which could affect the flow of river water across the border.[/b]
The Indians appear to be over keen on talks and almost seem to be begging for resumption of talks and that too with an indecent haste. The term “all issues of interest” is dangerous for India. Last time this term was employed we conceded we were involved in terrorism in Balochistan and other areas of Pakistan. This time, the term, seems to imply that India will concede on water-related issues.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

SSridhar wrote:India-Pakistan talks likely this month
South Block officials said the two sides were looking at the possibility of a meeting in February itself, and that the venue was not an issue. South Block officials said India did not want to get into “jargon” over how to label the proposed dialogue. What mattered, they said, was that the Indian side was prepared to discuss “all issues of interest.” Islamabad wants the full range of problem areas to be discussed, especially the water issue. The Pakistani side is especially concerned about dams and barrages being built by India, which could affect the flow of river water across the border.[/b]
The Indians appear to be over keen on talks and almost seem to be begging for resumption of talks and that too with an indecent haste. The term “all issues of interest” is dangerous for India. Last time this term was employed we conceded we were involved in terrorism in Balochistan and other areas of Pakistan. This time, the term, seems to imply that India will concede on water-related issues.
Other Congress leaders (i.e. leaders except the PM) didn't like S-e-S. What are they doing now?

What are the views of Rahul Gandhi regarding talks with Pakistan? Sooner or later he will be in the hot chair. The dynasty should weigh in..
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

abhishek_sharma wrote:
Other Congress leaders (i.e. leaders except the PM) didn't like S-e-S. What are they doing now?

What are the views of Rahul Gandhi regarding talks with Pakistan? Sooner or later he will be in the hot chair. The dynasty should weigh in..
Who are these Congress leaders? Can we list them. I am interested in knowing the names.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Muppalla wrote:
abhishek_sharma wrote:

Who are these Congress leaders? Can we list them. I am interested in knowing the names.
It was difficult to find anyone who supported the PM. If I remember correctly, the Congress spokesperson said: "Ask the Government (about the joint statement)." Someone reported that PM sulked after that treatment.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Chanakian hat on :mrgreen: , that was a gesture for dammage control as far as public opinion is concerned , sort of 'oops he did it by mistake' :oops: . :twisted:

As for Rahul gandhi he is a typical chawwanni chaap page 3 poster boy indulging in 1980's era publicity , media is covering his visits to girls college , some pre aranged visits to Amethi , Rae bareli and now the local train tamasha . Come to think of it if he becomes the next PM of India he would be the least qualified individual to have assumed the chair in history of India whether it be education or political acumen.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

jaladipc wrote: If the indian nationals can manage just one term in electing a true nationalist who is for the country rather than for the swiss bank,the country will change and the baboons we have today will be resting behind the bars.
And how do you propose electing a nationalist under this EVM-Raj?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Bruised Maid Dies at 12, and Pakistan Seethes
There was a story on the TV news from Pakistan today, of a little working class girl who died when her teacher beat her for not having a book - her parents could not afford to buy the book.

Above all, it is the children rotting in poverty that are the saddest victims of this mess. Imagine living as a child with every day events happening that crush the very hope from you.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Bruised Maid Dies at 12, and Pakistan Seethes

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/world ... 6maid.html
:shock: :?: :?: :shock:

Why would Pakistan seethe if a minor Christian servant girl dies?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote: There is no core Indian nationalist in him..
CRamS. We have been through this before and it is OT for this thread. But since you bring this up wtf is a "core Indian nationalist"? I get the impression that their numbers don't count for much in India and would love to be able to recognize them to see if they serve any useful purpose or have any discernible impact in India.

I think India will just ignore them and move on to wherever it is heading.
Last edited by shiv on 06 Feb 2010 09:17, edited 2 times in total.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SSridhar wrote: I agree, they won't. I have been sending repeatedly to them the Jinnah quote as to how India & Pakistan are two different cultures & countries, and the have been careful not to publish that. They realize that Jinnah's words would simply shake the whole facade they are trying to build. I tried several techniques, different names, other mail IDs etc. Nothing worked. I have sent them other things that they did publish though.
They didn't even publish my innocent little four lines of poetry which I wrote specially in honor their great endeavor. :((
:twisted:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The P.M., Oct 2009 - presumably he continues to dream
Anantnag(Jammu & Kashmir), Oct 28 (IANS) The most productive and fruitful association with Pakistan was during 2004-07 when “militancy and violence began to decline,” Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Wednesday, but lamented that the progress achieved was “repeatedly thwarted by acts of terrorism”.

Without referring to former president Pervez Musharraf, who was in power then, Manmohan Singh said there was actually a feeling then that “durable and final peace” was achievable.

“We had the most fruitful and productive discussions ever with the government of Pakistan during the period 2004-07 when militancy and violence began to decline. Intensive discussions were held on all issues including on a permanent resolution of the issue of Jammu & Kashmir,” said the prime minister in Anantnag before flagging off a train service linking the south and north of Jammu and Kashmir for the first time.

“For the first time in 60 years, people were able to travel by road across the Line of Control (LoC). Divided families were re-united at the border. Trade between the two sides of Kashmir began,” he said.

“In fact, our overall trade with Pakistan increased three times during 2004-07. The number of visas that we issued to Pakistanis doubled during the same period. An additional rail link was re-established.”

Manmohan Singh said these were not small achievements given the history of India’s troubled relationship with Pakistan.

“Inside the valley, as militancy declined, trade, business and tourism began to pick up. We were moving in the right direction. For the first time there was a feeling among the people that a durable and final peace was around the corner.”

But the prime minister maintained that all the progress achieved was put paid by acts of terror.

“However, all the progress that we achieved has been repeatedly thwarted by acts of terrorism. The terrorists want permanent enmity to prevail between the two countries. The terrorists have misused the name of a peaceful and benevolent religion,” he said.

“Their philosophy of hate has no place here. It is totally contrary to our centuries old tradition of tolerance and harmony among faiths.”

He hoped the Pakistan governmemt would take the “ongoing actions” against terrorist groups “to their logical conclusion”.

“They should destroy these groups wherever they are operating and for whatever misguided purpose.”
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

shiv wrote:But since you bring this up wtf is a "core Indian nationalist"? I get the impression that their numbers don't count for much in India ...
Their numbers don't count for much in the EVMs, at any rate. But yes, this is OT in TSP thread.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Surprisingly decent piece in TOI(let) of all places !!

Is the neighbourhood set to get even more dangerous?

GOI seems to be using TOI as its mouthpiece. The article describes GOI thinking and the options that they have weighed.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Edit in DT
In a recent interview, Chidambaram revealed that someone living in India or an Indian himself could have provided help to the non-state actors during the coordinated attacks in Mumbai. This seems quite plausible, as these attacks could not have been possible without inside help. Putting all the blame on Pakistan while turning a blind eye to the insider factor was wrong, but India’s finally admitting the possibility of this aspect bodes well for both countries. India and Pakistan have to realise that the nexus of terrorists is no respecter of borders. Terrorists are our common enemy. In order to fight them, we have to stand together. Opting for a freeze in the dialogue is exactly what the terrorists aimed for.The revival of dialogue will be a slap in their faces.
As for Pakistan’s concerns regarding the Indian role in Afghanistan, we saw that at the London conference the proposal to set up a regional council to include India was sidelined on Pakistan’s objections despite having the backing of the US and the UK. What was positive was that this overture did not sour the rest of the conference, and even led to a meeting of the Pakistani and Indian foreign ministers on its sidelines.
For peace and normalcy to return to the region, India and Pakistan must let bygones be bygones and move forward.{DT is advising us to forget all terrorist acts. India and Indians deserve even more of these homilies, and humiliations.}
Bhaskar
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar »

The Anger inside me is bubbling, I don't care if I get a warning from a Moderator but.

Bottom line is : We Indians are pussies. We are Idiots. We should have bombed Pakistan after the Mumbai attacks. TOIlet can go to hell with their American Propaganda.
Dhiman
BRFite

Post by Dhiman »

Anujan wrote:Surprisingly decent piece in TOI(let) of all places !!

Is the neighbourhood set to get even more dangerous?

GOI seems to be using TOI as its mouthpiece. The article describes GOI thinking and the options that they have weighed.
much better than the PR propaganda that was being shoveled last couple of days. If I had to pick out of the best part of the article, it would be this:
As one top-level Afghan official said, wryly, "We love India, but we fear Pakistan. That is a stronger emotion.'' India's power projection in Afghanistan has been primarily by showing its "goodness'' . Pakistan, on the other hand, negotiates with the world with a gun held to its own head. That, as India has discovered several times in its history, is far more persuasive.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

From the ToI

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 541012.cms
The Afghanistan conference in London last week was a shocker for Indian mandarins who had hoped to muscle in and get a larger say in Afghan policy given the money and effort New Delhi has put into the reconstruction efforts. But what happened was that India got blindsided by the British swallowing the Pakistani line that Islamabad could deliver peace by negotiating a deal with the Taliban. Shivshankar Menon, the new national security adviser, along with foreign secretary Nirupama Rao, is leading a massive review of India's own Af-Pak policy, which will determine not just India's approach to Afghanistan, but also craft out a new policy of engagement with Pakistan. The announcement on Thursday of resumption of foreign secretary-level talks between New Delhi and Islamabad is a movement in that direction. (More of that, later in the story.)

For India, global approval of the reconciliation process implies Pakistan, with its ISI and army, is likely to take a leading role. As Holbrooke told MK Narayanan, who was till recently NSA, and Nirupama Rao quietly during his last visit a couple of weeks ago, Pakistan has worked itself into a paranoia about India's presence in Afghanistan; India would have to be removed from all decision-making on Afghanistan, they insisted. As London showed, Islamabad got its way.

The Pakistani demand has been succinctly laid out by Munir Akram, one of its top diplomats: "Pakistan's cooperation should be offered only in exchange for tangible and immediate US support for Pakistan's national objectives: an end to Indian-Afghan interference in Baluchistan and FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas); a Kashmir solution; a military balance between Pakistan and India; parity with India on nuclear issues; transfer of equipment and technology for counter-terrorism ; unconditional defense and economic assistance; free trade access.''

For the moment, Pakistan has the upper hand, because both the UK and US need it more than ever. Pakistan is playing an adroit diplomatic game of chicken with the US - and winning. Islamabad may be hopelessly dependent on Washington's money, but that doesn't stop it from refusing to give visas to US officials, refusing money that comes with 'conditions'. Pakistan has made it clear it will not stop supporting the Afghan Taliban; there is absolutely no attempt to tackle al Qaida; and Mullah Omar's Quetta Shura functions unimpeded. In short, it holds veto power over whether the Obama surge succeeds in Afghanistan. Washington, said an Indian official scornfully, is "kowtowing to Pakistan just like they did to China."

Harsh perhaps, but this view is prevalent in the upper reaches of the Indian government - to the extent that even the PM is believed to have remarked that if India and Pakistan have another fracas, Washington may not weigh in on India's side.

The argument within the UPA government is that if India doesn't take unilateral steps with Pakistan, it will inevitably get drawn into a trilateral effort with the US. Therefore, the government, even at the risk of being pilloried for 'succumbing' to the US, is working to engage Pakistan across a spectrum of issues, starting off with home minister P Chidambaram's visit to Islamabad end-February . Senior officials are certain this is unlikely to affect Pakistan's support to terrorists or its position on India in Afghanistan. But not talking with Pakistan is raking in diminishing returns.

At present there are two schools of thought in the Indian establishment . The first says Afghanistan is a graveyard, and India's had a good run there for the past decade. "The Hindu Kush was so named for a specific reason," said an official. But if the US security cover goes with the prospect of a Talibanised power structure in Kabul, India should reduce its presence, get its people out, and keep a modicum of influence to prevent the country from becoming a pre-9 /11 anti-India space. Significantly, India hasn't taken on new infrastructure projects in Afghanistan lately.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Now we know the real reason why he stuck his neck out and wanted pakistani players in IPL.

The real financers, dawood & co, were suffering losses due to the ban in pakistan.

Shahrukh’s MNIK lands in Pakistan!
Previously, Shahrukh’s My Name is Khan was banned in Pakistan after none of the Pak players were picked for this IPL season. But after SRK supported Pak players, the pirated copies of his movie are floating across Pak.

It is being learnt that the movie has already done business worth Rs. 100 crore in Pakistan. The Pakistani underworld gangs have released numerous pirated DVDs in Karachi for Rs. 90 each and uploaded the film on the Internet.

The movie has also been distributed in Dubai, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Malaysia through the links of these gangs.
Will undietv carry this report? Most probably not. Before it was gujarathis who were the favourite whipping boys of undietv. Now its the marathi people who get lectured on how to be "inclusive" by undietv.
csharma
BRFite

Post by csharma »

Is India's alignment with US providing desired results for India in South Asia (or elsewhere)?

From Vikram Sood's article in January

http://soodvikram.blogspot.com/search?u ... -results=3
Handling our new-found relationship with the United States and our old friendship with Russia is going to be a challenge and an opportunity. We must accept that the US, whatever its level of desire of friendship with India, will overlook Pakistan’s India-specific delinquencies and will not even remotely jeopardise its own interests in and with China. In fact, on Pakistan, there seems to be a strong level of understanding between the two even though this may become the next battleground between both of them in the unfolding Great Game. The US has concluded that the only points of departure between the US and India are on trade, climate change and Iran. They do not think that India’s sensitivities on Pakistan’s continued support to terrorism in India and the US continuously soft-pedalling this is a serious point of departure. Behind all the conviviality and bonhomie with the US, there lurk suspicions about the various defence-related acronyms like CISMOA (Communications Interoperability Security Memorandum of Agreement), EUMA (End-Use Monitoring Agreement), Logistical Services Agreement (LSA) and Basic Exchange Cooperation Agreement (BECA), and their small print.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Bhaskar wrote:The Anger inside me is bubbling, I don't care if I get a warning from a Moderator but.

Bottom line is : We Indians are pussies. We are Idiots. We should have bombed Pakistan after the Mumbai attacks. TOIlet can go to hell with their American Propaganda.
Take it easy, man.

What TSP wants is exactly that - that India should openly attack them, so that they can brandish their nukes, do an ==, and demand Kashmir.

Far better to let the Packees stew in their own juice.

I am no fan of MMS, but not attacking the Packees was the right thing to do.

Now I am worried that the western elites will force India to let go of Kashmir in order to save their TSP Munna. Munna will fall apart unless honour is salvaged by giving him Kashmir. After all, western elites have invested in Munna for 6 decades and they cannot allow all that investment to go waste.

It is conceivable that MMS / Sonia, under western pressure, will allow some kind of referendum, which could be rigged using the EVMs. Something similar to how they rigged the Afghan election in favour of Karzai (not that Karzai is a bad sort, but it is far easier for western elites to manipulate a transition from Karzai to Taliban than from Abdullah to Taliban).

The problem is that it is getting obvious that the people of Kashmir want nothing to do with the Packees. So a rigged referendum may end up becoming non-credible, just like the Afghan elections became a farce.

So the thing to do would be to engineer strife in Kashmir using false flag attacks on the population, blaming them on Indian forces. The aim would be to alienate the population. One such attack occurred just yesterday. See http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_bo ... ry_1343823 .

In the coming days we can expect to see many such false-flag attacks, passions being whipped up by the separatists - leading upto a rigged referndum.
Last edited by Pranav on 06 Feb 2010 11:35, edited 6 times in total.
sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

MMS signifies something else. He is one of those western educated elites who looks at India from askance, indeed 'South Asia', as a kind of experiment through which he can showcase his western acquired economic expertise and his political worldview. There is no core Indian nationalist in him.

This describes Nehru and all brown sahibs to a T. I call them White Indians.