Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Feb. 26, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP), Feb. 26, 2010

Post by SSridhar »

Khaled Ahmed's article in TFT on the US-Pak strategic dialogue.
From the Pakistani side, the big change was the inclusion of the Army Chief General Ashfak Kayani. If the dialogue was ‘strategic’ then most of it unfolded away from the public eye within the Pentagon. General Kayani himself had shaken up the scene in Pakistan before going to Washington to lead (informally) the fourth round of strategic talks. He had gotten the PPP government to relinquish the foreign policy to him and had reportedly dictated most of the 56-page position paper that Pakistan handed over to the US. As he left in a delegation led by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, President Zardari and PM Gilani were making suitable post-Musharraf ‘revivalist’ noises on Kashmir.

A Kayani comedown? General Kayani had condemned the Kerry-Lugar Bill under which he has now seen some money coming to the civilian side in Pakistan. Most people say he didn’t like the language used in the Bill about what the Administration would get Pakistan to do in return for the money. It was said that he was actually offended by the language of the Bill which allegedly had come from the pen of PPP’s ambassador to the US, Hussain Haqqani. He could have believed that President Zardari was trying to get on top of him through the US and its aid package. Did the Army Chief feel uncomfortable when in Washington he had to be a part of the same delegation that contained Ambassador Haqqani?

Has General Kayani accepted the PPP as his partner in the running of the country or will he still look the other way as the judges finally get rid of Zardari? Before he left for Washington he had a meeting with Shahbaz Sharif, and this time it was not a meeting of reassurance but reprimand. And the reprimand was related to how Shahbaz Sharif had chosen to view the Taliban and their cohorts inside a furiously protean Sipah-e-Sahaba in Punjab. Is General Kayani going to grasp the nettle of the Taliban and make the nation believe that the war against them is Pakistan’s war and not America’s? The answer to this could be the big secret attached to what Pakistan was actually to gain from the Fourth Round.

After Blackwater, F-16s: The big change in Rawalpindi may have occurred after the accommodation offered to General Kayani with regard to Afghanistan in the wake of his talks at NATO and with the Pentagon generals. Not too far back in the past, he was seeing Blackwater all over the place in Pakistan and making life difficult for American diplomats in the big cities. Government spokesmen had added the US to the list of enemy countries - headed by India – funding the terrorists killing Pakistanis and attacking the GHQ. The nation had responded handsomely, asking him to scrap the overland NATO supply route going through Pakistan. In parallel, he was getting Lashkar-e-Tayba to stage a comeback even as the Americans were listening to David Headley (Daud Gilani), the plotter of the 2008 Mumbai attacks, sing like a canary under a plea bargain deal. All this could have changed under a new ‘strategic’ understanding

The ‘other commitments’ by the US include expedition of the delivery of F-16 fighter jets, naval frigates and helicopter gunships, as well as new remotely piloted aircraft for surveillance missions. It is said to have also promised improved market access for Pakistani goods, special economic zones along the Pak-Afghan border, and a Bilateral Investment Treaty to stimulate investment in Pakistan. But the big change in the thinking of Washington is embodied in the unambiguous American assertion that Obama Administration’s ‘distrust’ of Pakistan has altogether vanished.

‘Good Taliban’ pummelled: That may have been achieved by Pakistan army’s action in Swat-Malakand and Bajaur, in the latter case taking on Jamaat-e-Islami which it never did before. It has carried out extremely successful operations in South Waziristan and finally gone into the hornet’s nest of Orakzai where the Taliban interface with the Punjabi Taliban once nursed by the army as proxies against India. Above all, Pakistan has literally put the Quetta Shura under look and key after swooping down on it in cities where the Shura was not supposed to be. It has caught some Al Qaeda operatives in Karachi and killed some in Orakzai. General Kayani may have decided that it was more important to secure Afghanistan against Indian encroachment than nurturing terrorists who might get him in the end.

An absurd Foreign Office formulation is: ‘We have lost a great deal fighting the war against terrorism’. It assumes that if we had decided not to fight this war we would have saved hundreds of billions of dollars that we have lost in the shape of destruction wrought by the Taliban. The truth could be that if Pakistan had not fought terrorism with international help it would have fallen to the Taliban and their ideology - which is the same as Pakistan’s - with the only difference that the Taliban are ‘pious’. The Taliban could not have governed the country even for six months without causing it to fall apart, compelling the Foreign Office to assess the damage in terms of trillions of dollars.

‘Bad Taliban’ pummelled too: General Kayani may have decided that he will prevent India’s trespass in Afghanistan, not by letting Islamabad normalise relations with India, but by controlling the Taliban a bit better. He may be planning to get the Quetta Shura Taliban to make up with Kabul and return to their country as Pakistan’s assurance that Afghan governments will remain ‘friendly’. After losing nearly 3,000 of his men to the Tehreek Taliban Pakistan (TTP) he may now be certain that he will get rid of the criminals posing as champions of the true faith. He has his plate full: he has to clean up Khyber; he has to open up the Kurram, closed to Pakistan for the last three years, and then pay some attention to Punjab too.

If this is what has convinced Washington to revive its trust in Pakistan, then the broad coalition of political forces in Pakistan will welcome it too, for their own reasons. The warning delivered to the PMLN through Shahbaz Sharif will hopefully re-balance the political apple-cart, the JUI certainly remaining within the coalition despite pro-Taliban verbalisations. The PMLN may be staging its comeback by blocking the autonomy package to Balochistan that the army doesn’t like for understandable reasons. Despite all this, Pakistan may be about to own the war which is waiting to be fought for the survival of the state
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

U.N. rejects Pakistan's plea
UNITED NATIONS: The U.N. on Thursday rejected Pakistan's request to reopen the independent probe into the killing of Benazir Bhutto. — PTI
Of course Das Berjenti mentioned RICE and GOTUS put a boot behind the UN Jernail to snub the GOP.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

They should have released the report as promised. April 4 was the day when ZAB was hanged, would have been nice if a report blaming the Paki army for killing BB was also released at about the same time.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Strange article. Not sure what to make of it ( though never sure if Sheela Bhatt hasnt added her own masala):

For settling Kashmir, Musharraf was the best option
Asked about how the issue of Kashmir [ Images ] is being viewed in Pakistan, Dulat said, "Since the last two years I have been saying that post-Musharraff Pakistan is not keen on talking Kashmir nor are they keen on settling the isue. So, that window of opportunity to settle the issue of Kashmir that we had in 2006-07 has gone. Now, Pakistanis say that we don't know what Musharraf was up to. He was on a solo flight. Pakistanis disown all that Musharraf told India. As I have said many times, I have never seen any Pakistan head of state be as reasonable as Musharraf was on Kashmir. I have not seen anyone like him. We may not see a similar Pakistan leader for a long time to come."

So how do you sum up the trip? Dulat said, "The reality is that in Pakistan you can have whatever democracy you have, but for a long time to come the military will keep calling the shots. That fact hits you as you arrive in Pakistan. That fact is very clear. Also, my own judgment is that President Zaradari will survive his term because he suits everybody."
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

deleted
Last edited by Gerard on 02 Apr 2010 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "rupee news" is not a genuine source
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

Juggi G wrote:A Sex Shop for Muslims[/url]
Not sure why this is in TSP thread as this is in Amsterdam, but these things are not uncommon in Muslim countries AFAIK.
Last edited by Gerard on 02 Apr 2010 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is indeed off topic
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Law minister holding Swiss documents: sources
Updated at: 1953 PST, Friday, April 02, 2010
Law minister holding Swiss documents: sources ISLAMABAD: Sources have revealed that all documents about Swiss cases and letters sent to the Swiss officials are being kept by the Federal Law Minister Dr Babar Awan.

According to sources, when Attorney General Anwar Mansoor Khan asked the Law Minister to hand over the Swiss record, the later responded: “Over my dead body”.

On this Khan said he is resigning from the post as the Attorney General of Pakistan and will mention all these reasons in his resign.

However, a top government figure telephoned the attorney general and requested him to cite personal reasons for the decision to resign. However, Khan declared the law minister and his ministry responsible for his sudden resignation.

AG resigns over non-cooperation of Law Minister
Updated at: 1852 PST, Friday, April 02, 2010
AG resigns over non-cooperation of Law Minister ISLAMABAD: Attorney General Anwar Mansoor Khan has resigned from his post as Attorney General of Pakistan over non-cooperative attitude of Law Minister Babar Awan.

He pointed out that since he assumed the office of Attorney General, the Law Minister and Law Ministry did not cooperate with him and that he apprised President Asif Ali Zardari of this issue but the latter could not address his concerns.

AG Anwar Mansoor blamed Law Minister Babar Awan and his ministry for the snag behind attempts in completing legal procedures for sending letters to Swiss authorities for reopening of cases involving President Asif Ali Zardari.

He was of the view that Law Ministry was not providing him the relevant documents which he needed for the pursuance of the cases. "I have been insisting since day one that letters must be written to Swiss authorities for reopening of money laundering cases."

Outgoing AG Mansoor told media men that non-compliance of SC's verdict aginst NRO was creating crisis.

He mentioned that President enjoys immunity and there is no need to go to court for interpretation, as it is very apparent in Article 248, which says: "No criminal proceedings whatsoever shall be instituted or continued against the President or a Governor in any court during his term of office."
Sure wish Godspeed to infighting between judiciary, legislative & executive yahoos to impress their yahoos in brown pants! May they step closer to a time when we can have short and concise definition that the Banana Republic == Pakistan.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Is Nutty Nation being blocked in Massa? I can see the front page just fine, but when I click on the link, nothing works. I cant survive much longer without my weekly dose of Madam Jalebi :((
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Anujan wrote:Is Nutty Nation being blocked in Massa? I can see the front page just fine, but when I click on the link, nothing works. I cant survive much longer without my weekly dose of Madam Jalebi :((
Almost a week now!! but they do show up from time to time in the late evening.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Defeating Indo-US alliance by Dr Haider Mehdi
A historical opportunity knocked at Pakistan’s door for it to emerge as the leading world nation in shaping global conflict management and resolution by peaceful and political means. The day was September 13, 2001.
Upon reflection, this is what Musharraf should have said to Powell: Mr Secretary, we live in a different world today: a world that prefers peace over war, a world that prefers conflict resolution by peaceful political means. We are with you in a bid for a peaceful political initiative to sort out this problem. But my nation will not allow me to go to war against a brotherly Muslim nation which is our next door neighbour. I assure you that your legitimate interests will be served by peaceful political means. We look forward to working with you for a peaceful resolution through mutual dialogue and deliberations.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Gerard wrote:
Upon reflection, this is what Musharraf should have said to Powell: Mr Secretary, we live in a different world today: a world that prefers peace over war, a world that prefers conflict resolution by peaceful political means. We are with you in a bid for a peaceful political initiative to sort out this problem. But my nation will not allow me to go to war against a brotherly Muslim nation which is our next door neighbour. I assure you that your legitimate interests will be served by peaceful political means. We look forward to working with you for a peaceful resolution through mutual dialogue and deliberations.
I so dearly wish they would have said that. Then the frontline bases would not have been in Jacobabad & Pasni but in Diego Garcia and Porkies would have been in stone age. But then again to defy Unkil you need balls of steel and these corrupt gernails of PA are more interested in taking kickbacks from defence deals and heading some sugar or cement mill than to stand & fight for the so called values they preach their awam
Bhaskar
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar »

Probably Posted Already. Sorry in Advance.

US-Pakistan dialogue with a difference
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8592472.stm
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

Brad Goodman wrote:
I so dearly wish they would have said that. Then the frontline bases would not have been in Jacobabad & Pasni but in Diego Garcia and Porkies would have been in stone age. But then again to defy Unkil you need balls of steel and these corrupt gernails of PA are more interested in taking kickbacks from defence deals and heading some sugar or cement mill than to stand & fight for the so called values they preach their awam
Those are the customs of baki army being adopted since 1947, that is not seen as wrong or corruption in pakistan, but their culture is different, .

A gernail there ,is expected to do such things , like what political junta in India expect from their leaders ..

would you expect such leaders, in India or pakistan,to have iron balls??

After 9/11 our political leadership blinked twice ,but pakistani leadership (army) was doing what it always does,.

Now there is similar situation wrto leadership in both the countries,both have ' kickback ' leadership, hence there is 'aman ki asha' .. :|
asprinzl
BRFite

Post by asprinzl »

Folks...the recent "expose" on the Iranian exploits in rescuing their diplomat from the tribal region...well the coffee talk is like this...
most probably they inflitrated Arabs from among pro-Iranian Shite militia men from Iraq or Hisballah into the region. Since the area is sometimes swarming with Arabs and since if anyone hear speaking Persian will probably end up on a lamp-post...thats the only hypothesis now. And since Arabs are like gods to Pakjabis....well you get the drill. This is the coffee talk from some "good" :wink: folks I party with.
r_subramanian
BRFite

Post by r_subramanian »

A small report - quoting in full
France says arms sale to Pakistan held up
France's plan to sell 1.2 billion euro ($1.6 billion) worth of military equipment for Pakistan's JF-17 combat aircraft has been held up, a source at President Nicolas Sarkozy's office said on Friday. Newspaper Le Monde had reported earlier that France decided to suspend the sale of electronics and missiles - the first section of a 6 billion euro contract - under pressure from India and uncertainty over Pakistan's finances.

"It's a deal that's not ready from the Pakistani side," the source said, without giving further details. "For now, the state of the dossier doesn't allow us to carry on with it." A consortium made up of French company ATE, arms group Thales and missile manufacturer MBDA was supposed to produce the equipment, Le Monde said. Thales declined to comment. France was also worried over insufficient protection of its technology, with Pakistan pushing to assemble the equipment on its soil, the paper said.
link

The reason for the suspension of the sale, I believe, is the second one ('uncertainty over Pakistan's finances') rather than the usual suspect ('pressure from India')
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Anujan wrote:Is Nutty Nation being blocked in Massa? I can see the front page just fine, but when I click on the link, nothing works. I cant survive much longer without my weekly dose of Madam Jalebi :((
I noticed the same, although Jihadhi Lodhi from the other rag is keeping me happy :-).
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

r_subramanian wrote:A small report - quoting in full
France says arms sale to Pakistan held up
A full quote in the Business Recorder story, but not a full quote from the original Reuters text.
You can find that here (I don't know how long the link will last though)
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE6310ER20100402

The text that the Business Recorder link left out is as follows (emphasis added)
In February, MBDA said it planned to upgrade India's Mirage 2000 fighters and was looking to expand in India. [ID:nSGE61F0C3]

Le Monde said talks over that upgrade also played a role in the decision.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Bhaskar wrote:Probably Posted Already. Sorry in Advance.

US-Pakistan dialogue with a difference
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8592472.stm
Well the same old story that we see in a US centric world where the poodle of the US's mouthpiece the BBC reports a story as follows:

"The US like talking to its whore who is spreading gonorrhea to her neighbors. Her neighbors are upset at this but since the US is talking to and paying off the whore, the neighbors too must talk to the clap-riddled whore"
r_subramanian
BRFite

Post by r_subramanian »

A_Gupta wrote: A full quote in the Business Recorder story, but not a full quote from the original Reuters text.
You can find that here (I don't know how long the link will last though)
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE6310ER20100402

The text that the Business Recorder link left out is as follows (emphasis added)
In February, MBDA said it planned to upgrade India's Mirage 2000 fighters and was looking to expand in India. [ID:nSGE61F0C3]

Le Monde said talks over that upgrade also played a role in the decision.
Thanks A_Gupta.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Suckling Paki Pig in Irish color?
http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=232342
War or peace on the Indus?
Is there an inherent conflict between India and Pakistan?
The simple answer is no. The Indus Waters Treaty allocates the water of the three western rivers to Pakistan, but allows India to tap the considerable hydropower potential of the Chenab and Jhelum before the rivers enter Pakistan.The qualification is that this use of hydropower is not to affect either the quantity of water reaching Pakistan or to interfere with the natural timing of those flows. Since hydropower does not consume water, the only issue is timing. And timing is a very big issue, because agriculture in the Pakistani plains depends not only on how much water comes, but that it comes in critical periods during the planting season. The reality is that India could tap virtually all of the available power without negatively affecting the timing of flows to which Pakistan is entitled. Is the Indus Treaty a stable basis for cooperation?If Pakistan and India had normal, trustful relations, there would be a mutually-verified monitoring process which would assure that there is no change in the flows going into Pakistan. (In an even more ideal world, India could increase low-flows during the critical planting season, with significant benefit to Pakistani farmers and with very small impacts on power generation in India.) Because the relationship was not normal when the treaty was negotiated, Pakistan would agree only if limitations on India's capacity to manipulate the timing of flows was hardwired into the treaty. This was done by limiting the amount of "live storage" (the storage that matters for changing the timing of flows) in each and every hydropower dam that India would construct on the two rivers.While this made sense given knowledge in 1960, over time it became clear that this restriction gave rise to a major problem. The physical restrictions meant that gates for flushing silt out of the dams could not be built, thus ensuring that any dam in India would rapidly fill with the silt pouring off the young Himalayas.
This was a critical issue at stake in the Baglihar case. Pakistan (reasonably) said that the gates being installed were in violation of the specifications of the treaty. India (equally reasonably) argued that it would be wrong to build a dam knowing it would soon fill with silt. The finding of the Neutral Expert was essentially a reinterpretation of the Treaty, saying that the physical limitations no longer made sense. While the finding was reasonable in the case of Baglihar, it left Pakistan without the mechanism – limited live storage – which was its only (albeit weak) protection against upstream manipulation of flows in India. This vulnerability was driven home when India chose to fill Baglihar exactly at the time when it would impose maximum harm on farmers in downstream Pakistan.
If Baglihar was the only dam being built by India on the Chenab and Jhelum, this would be a limited problem. But following Baglihar is a veritable caravan of Indian projects – Kishanganga, Sawalkot, Pakuldul, Bursar, Dal Huste, Gyspa… The cumulative live storage will be large, giving India an unquestioned capacity to have major impact on the timing of flows into Pakistan. (Using Baglihar as a reference, simple back-of-the-envelope calculations, suggest that once it has constructed all of the planned hydropower plants on the Chenab, India will have an ability to effect major damage on Pakistan. First, there is the one-time effect of filling the new dams. If done during the wet season this would have little effect on Pakistan. But if done during the critical low-flow period, there would be a large one-time effect (as was the case when India filled Baglihar). Second, there is the permanent threat which would be a consequence of substantial cumulative live storage which could store about one month's worth of low-season flow on the Chenab. If, God forbid, India so chose, it could use this cumulative live storage to impose major reductions on water availability in Pakistan during the critical planting season.
Views on "the water problem" from both sides of the border and the role of the press
Living in Delhi and working in both India and Pakistan, I was struck by a paradox. One country was a vigorous democracy, the other a military regime. But whereas an important part of the Pakistani press regularly reported India's views on the water issue in an objective way, the Indian press never did the same. I never saw a report which gave Indian readers a factual description of the enormous vulnerability of Pakistan, of the way in which India had socked it to Pakistan when filling Baglihar. How could this be, I asked? Because, a journalist colleague in Delhi told me, "when it comes to Kashmir – and the Indus Treaty is considered an integral part of Kashmir -- the ministry of external affairs instructs newspapers on what they can and cannot say, and often tells them explicitly what it is they are to say."This
Taken together, these reports make astounding reading. Not only was the message the same in each case ("no real issue, just Pakistani shenanigans"), but the arguments were the same, the numbers were the same and the phrases were the same. And in all cases the source was "analysts" and "experts" -- in not one case was the reader informed that this was reporting an official position of the Government of India. Equally depressing is my repeated experience – most recently at a major international meeting of strategic security institutions in Delhi – that even the most liberal and enlightened of Indian analysts (many of whom are friends who I greatly respect) seem constitutionally incapable of seeing the great vulnerability and legitimate concern of Pakistan (which is obvious and objective to an outsider).
A way forward
This is a very uneven playing field. The regional hegemon is the upper riparian and has all the cards in its hands. This asymmetry means that it is India that is driving the train, and that change must start in India. In my view, four things need to be done.First, there must be some courageous and open-minded Indians – in government or out – who will stand up and explain to the public why this is not just an issue for Pakistan, but why it is an existential issue for Pakistan. ( Why in the name of Spaghetti Monster should we give a damnf for Pakistaniant)
Second, there must be leadership from the Government of India. Here I am struck by the stark difference between the behaviour of India and that of its fellow BRIC – Brazil, the regional hegemon in Latin America. Brazil and Paraguay have a binding agreement on their rights and responsibilities on the massive Itaipu Binacional Hydropower Project. The proceeds, which are of enormous importance to small Paraguay, played a politicised, polemical anti-Brazilian part in the recent presidential election in Paraguay. Similarly, Brazil's and Bolivia's binding agreement on gas also became part of an anti-Brazil presidential campaign theme. ( Fudduman , how did you forget Paki terrorism, 26/11)." India could, and should, in my view, similarly make the effort to see it from its neighbour's point of view, and should show the generosity of spirit which is an integral part of being a truly great power and good neighbour. ( let paki pay tribute and come crawling on all four like they do in front of 3.5 Massars)
Third, this should translate into an invitation to Pakistan to explore ways in which the principles of the Indus Waters Treaty could be respected, while providing a win for Pakistan (assurance on their flows) and a win for India (reducing the chronic legal uncertainty ( why dont we just let Paki suck on their terrorist agenda)which vexes every Indian project on the Chenab or Jhelum). With good will there are multiple ways in which the treaty could be maintained but reinterpreted so that both countries could win.
Fourth, discussions on the Indus waters should be de-linked from both historic grievances and from the other Kashmir-related issues. Again, it is a sign of statesmanship, not weakness, to acknowledge the past and then move beyond it. This is personal for me, as someone of Irish origin. Conor Cruise O'Brien once remarked, "Santayana said that those who did not learn their history would be condemned to repeat it; in the case of Ireland we have learned our history so well that we are condemned to repeat it, again and again."
[/quote]
Last edited by Prem on 03 Apr 2010 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

That article seems to be written as if india and pakistan are in la-la-land and don't have any other disagreements apart from the water treaty. Silo'd thinking wrt the treaty alone and forgetting that it just a part of the entire gamut of indo-pak relations is naiive or disingenious.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Meanwhile...
Pakistani foreign minister lets 'water' secret out?
Qureshi has confessed that Pakistan's water woes are primarily due to wastage on its own soil and not because India is hogging water upstream.

"The total average canal supplies of Pakistan are 104 million acres/ft. And the water available at the farm gate is about 70 million acre/ft. Where does the 34 million acre/ft go? It's not being stolen in India, it's been wasted in Pakistan," Qureshi said in the interview.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Aha..

http://www.hbspakistan.com/article.html?aid=103

Dinner with Harvard Professors John Briscoe and Asim Khawaja
27th June at 8:00 p.m. Polo Lounge (Race Course Park, Lahore)
Professor Briscoe, who arrived at Harvard in January after some years at the World Bank, has joint appointments in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and the Harvard School of Public Health. Professor Briscoe has a long history of work in Pakistan, and brings many years of credibility with both the government and the professional community here. John Briscoe is heading up a new Water Security Initiative focused on Pakistan at Harvard, and has become a key faculty contributor to the development of Harvard's South Asia Initiative, bringing issues related to Pakistan to the university consciousness.
The reason for this pandering to Paki paranoia is now apparent.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Selected Nuggets from TFT
Give war ultimatum to India!

Quoted in Nawa-e-Waqt Majeed Nizami said that ultimatum of war should be formally sent to India on the waters dispute asking it not to block Pakistan’s water. If India doesn’t stop the building of dams on rivers in Kashmir then nuclear missiles should be used to destroy these dams.

Negotiations with India rejected

Quoted in Nawa-e-Waqt Jamaatud Dawa chief Hafiz Said stated that any table of talks set on the corpses of Kashmiris would be overturned by him. He said India should be asked why it marched into East Pakistan which was a bigger crime than thousands of cases like the Mumbai attack. He said he had not yet forgotten the 1992 destruction of Babri Masjid.

India and sectarian violence

Famous ex-senator Muhammad Tariq Chaudhry wrote in Nawa-e-Waqt that after seeing two Islamic revolutions in Iran and Afghanistan, Europe and India became deeply disturbed and had arranged the conflict between Shia and Sunni in Pakistan. They patronised terrorists who went into mosques and imambargahs and killed people there.

Blackwater bigger than police

Quoted in daily Islam Maulana Fazlur Rehman stated that there were 9,000 Blackwater personnel stationed in Islamabad, which number was larger than then the Islamabad police. The police in Islamabad numbered 7,000. He said if Taliban are criminal, so is Blackwater.

Nawaz Sharif will be caught

Writing in Jang Haroon Rashid said that soon Nawaz Sharif will be revealed as involved in money laundering while the nation already knew about Zardari’s deeds in Switzerland. He said Chaudhrys of Gujrat too would soon be caught.

Urdu press represents Pakistan

Columnist Saleem Safi wrote in Jang that army chief General Kayani took care to communicate also with journalists of the Urdu press apart from the English press. This was wisdom on his part because the Urdu press was the real representative (haqiqi tarjuman) of Pakistani society. In contrast General Musharraf talked only to the English-language journalist.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SSridhar wrote:Selected Nuggets from TFT

Famous ex-senator Muhammad Tariq Chaudhry wrote in Nawa-e-Waqt that after seeing two Islamic revolutions in Iran and Afghanistan, Europe and India became deeply disturbed and had arranged the conflict between Shia and Sunni in Pakistan. They patronised terrorists who went into mosques and imambargahs and killed people there.

It only proves that the ummah are full of gullible morons who will go and blow themselves up under the backside of another peaceful Muslim in the name of Islam and they will do it at the urging of any random kafir and his unkil

What does that say about your Muslim brothers sir? What are you doing to tell them the truth?
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

SSridhar wrote:Selected Nuggets from TFT
Give war ultimatum to India!

Negotiations with India rejected

Blackwater bigger than police

Nawaz Sharif will be caught

Urdu press represents Pakistan
What a bunch of morons! Reminds me of Bhaktha Prahalada's answer to Hiranyakashipu - 'thoonilum irupar, thurumbilum irupar' when asked where is Vishnu. Except in this context, the deluded pakis seem to be seeing the yevil yindoo yehudi hand in pillars and dust!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

asprinzl wrote:Folks...the recent "expose" on the Iranian exploits in rescuing their diplomat from the tribal region...well the coffee talk is like this...
most probably they inflitrated Arabs from among pro-Iranian Shite militia men from Iraq or Hisballah into the region. Since the area is sometimes swarming with Arabs and since if anyone hear speaking Persian will probably end up on a lamp-post...thats the only hypothesis now. And since Arabs are like gods to Pakjabis....well you get the drill. This is the coffee talk from some "good" :wink: folks I party with.
Congrats to the Iranians on a job well done.

Wonder when our power-that-be take a lesson from this and start using "special measures" to get our objectives accomplished in TSP instead of just sending dossiers over?
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Ramleela in quetta

To imagine that there were enough Hindus to burn ravan in Quetta in the 1930s.... :(
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Strat reporting on Pakistan: Offensive in North Waziristan and Orakzai
"One part of Pakistan’s strategy is the injection of development funds — Khan says $1 billion is necessary for the initiative — but where this money will come from is an open question, and how quickly and effectively it can be brought to bear is anything but certain. However, Pakistan has realized its previous methods for managing FATA — bribes, agreements and understandings with local tribal leaders — are insufficient in the face of a rising, home-grown Islamist insurgency with its eyes set on Islamabad. The methods it turns to next and their effectiveness will warrant close scrutiny".
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

How can the lal Mullahs miss this important topic on SDRE Nigger and the bumb?
Baniya and the bomb

Anyone got an icon for Baniyan dance. We had the lungi dance some days before after the first flight of the Light combat helicopter.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Original Le Monde article (in French)

Google translator:
Paris hangs an equipment contract French fighter aircraft of Pakistan
LE MONDE | 02.04.10 |

Three weeks before the visit to Paris from Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, April 19, the Elysee has recently taken a decision that could overshadow the meeting described as "important." France does not give, in effect, the green light to a contract of 1.2 billion euros for the electronics equipment and missile than a hundred fighter aircraft JF-17, manufactured by Pakistan with the help of the Chinese.

After eighteen months of negotiations, the French company OTE, coupled with Thales and MBDA, was retained by Islamabad. It was the first part of a package of 6 billion euros to equip the whole of the JF-17 Pakistan Air Force, nearly 400 hunters.

"I have not been directly informed of the choice of Elysium, which I find extremely surprising in view of industrial issues and strategic for France in this region," said Jean-Marc Pizano, head of ETA.

The interministerial committee to study the export of war materials (CIEEMG) was issued in the summer of 2008, an opinion in favor of opening negotiations. What was needed, according to ETA, the agreement of the French government.

According to an adviser of the President of the Republic, this refusal is, inter alia, related to French-Indian relations. The signing of this contract, in the current context of tension between India and Pakistan, would serve the interests of Paris and New Delhi.

Regarding the Directorate General for Armaments (DGA), were added Thursday, April 1, the resumption of talks with India for the modernization of France, its fleet of Mirage 2000 had also played in the decision of the Elysee.

Intense lobbying India

It's the end of a standoff between the different French government amid differences over the policy of France in South Asia. The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs for its part seemed restive. Subject of intense lobbying by India, he believed that government approval was denied by the lack of guarantees related to the protection of French technology. According to the Quai d'Orsay, the Pakistanis wanted, unlike the terms of the contract, that the assemblies and equipment of JF-17 will do so on their soil.

Ministry of Finance, who said he supports the signing and seeking to increase the level of trade relations with Pakistan, it indicates that the contract was struck particularly budgetary issues.

The finances of Islamabad are currently under the supervision of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), which has helped. While negotiations are underway on the extension of this support, Bercy questions the reality of the flexibility of Pakistan to honor a contract of 6 billion euros.

At the Ministry of Defence of Pakistan, Islamabad, was assured, March 24, Le Monde, there was nothing wrong with that contract and that it was hoped that the announcement of the signing would take place at meetings between Gilani and Mr. Sarkozy or Mr. Fillon. "As for money," added one of his spokesmen, this is not the IMF decides what is done. This contract is important for Pakistan, France has its place among us alongside the United States and China. "

Finally, another factor that could intervene in this failure, the company OTE has certainly paid his recent presence on the French market. Founded in 1984, South Africa, by Mr. Pizano, a former engineer at Dassault, she previously worked abroad.The market integration of electronic systems on board aircraft is underdeveloped in France. The French aerospace industry and its spearhead, Dassault, prefer to sell airplanes entirely.

Jacques Follorou
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I had a video about the Mumbai attacks with translations of the terrorists calls on YouTube.
I have received the following love letter from YouTube
The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines:
Mumbai 26/11-Making Allah do Pakistan's work -
Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.
I need suggestions on a place to host the video which is merely telling the truth even of the oiseaules on YouTube don't like it.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

shiv wrote:I had a video about the Mumbai attacks with translations of the terrorists calls on YouTube.
I have received the following love letter from YouTube
The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines:
Mumbai 26/11-Making Allah do Pakistan's work -
Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.
I need suggestions on a place to host the video which is merely telling the truth even of the oiseaules on YouTube don't like it.
Liveleak
http://www.liveleak.com/

Me too received the same warning some time back for showing showing pakistani toddlers being taught how to have a blast
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Liveleak doesn't have half the viewership of YouTube

One way around it is to acquire multiple fake bassborts and upload the same video under each passport
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

BTW.....Most of you may not know that Sania Mirza's family is distant relation of the turncoat cricketer Asif iqbal.

She forms part of the old Hyderbad aristocracy who have connections across the Radcliff line....but she knows which side the bread the butter is on....she will not give up her Indian passport or further risk alienating the DCH crowd by playing for Pakistan.

As early as 6-7 years ago then CM CBN had admonished her to concentrate on improving her game when she went to ask for land for a tennis academy in upscale Jubilee hills.

See the power of memory and Haram google

http://www.dreamcricket.com/dreamcricke ... 895&ntid=4

Sania is thus also related to former Pakistan captain Asif Iqbal, the son of Ghulam Ahmed's sister. Asif moved from Hyderabad (Deccan) to Pakistan in 1961 as a teenager and went onto captain his adopted country six times in Test cricket, all in India. He played in 58 Tests from 1964 to 1980 as well as in two World Cups.

While in India he went by the name of Asif Iqbal Razvi and represented Hyderabad in the Ranji Trophy.
Last edited by Paul on 04 Apr 2010 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

shiv wrote:
Saar you could upload them to mulitple video sharing sites - cumulative eyeballs could match that of YouTube

quick Googling found a couple of services to do that

Easily Upload and Distribute Videos to Multiple Video Websites
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

A_Gupta wrote: Paris hangs an equipment contract French fighter aircraft of Pakistan

Three weeks before the visit to Paris from Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, April 19, the Elysee has recently taken a decision that could overshadow the meeting described as "important." France does not give, in effect, the green light to a contract of 1.2 billion euros for the electronics equipment and missile than a hundred fighter aircraft JF-17, manufactured by Pakistan with the help of the Chinese.

After eighteen months of negotiations, the French company OTE, coupled with Thales and MBDA, was retained by Islamabad. It was the first part of a package of 6 billion euros to equip the whole of the JF-17 Pakistan Air Force, nearly 400 hunters...............<SNIP>
Where the F$#@ are these beggars going to get the funds for this deal - even adjusting for the fact that apart from intial 1.6billion Euro, rest will be spent as other aircraft come online. There is already talk of PAF not being able to afford the second tranched of JF-17 due to financial issues - China has also not being forthcoming on 'creidt' for this purchase.......bloody morons.