Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): July 07, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
jash_p
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): July 07, 2

Post by jash_p »

Is antbody from Kerala ? Please enlighten other Keralian about Kaithapram Damodaran Namboodiri's stupidity.

Mohammed Asif to act in Malayalam film
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, India: Pakistan fast bowler Mohammed Asif will make his film debut with a Malayalam film, directed by renowned lyricist Kaithapram Damodaran Namboodiri. Shooting of the movie, titled “Mazhavillinnattamvare” (till the tip of the rainbow) is scheduled to begin in North Kerala in September.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

amit wrote: I sometimes wonder, are the Pakis really getting on quite well despite the gazillion dollars that they get Unkil to give them?
Let me answer that with an analogy I have used in my earlier post.

When my friends from abroad visit me they see luxury and have a great holiday. They are either put up at a big home or in a great club with a bevy of servants. They get golf and the best Indian food. They come and go as they please. Some of these people think this is India and see a rapidly developing country or one that is pretty much developed, with some poverty. In turn, my hospitality ensures that I don't have to stay in a hotel or hire a car when I go abroad. I am Indian RAPE.

If you look at only RAPE and army in Pakistan, Pakistan is a complete success. No doubt about that.

Back to India

Look at the downsides of India. Poverty, population, illiteracy, suicides, malnutrition. Is this a "Great India"? Balls. It isn't. Many Indians want to see that side of India changed

On to Pakistan. Check Poverty, population, illiteracy, suicides, malnutrition. They are doing worse than India is some parameters. Is this a "successful Pakistan"? Not in my view. But still we have people looking at RAPE only and calling Pakistan a success.

Let me sink into piskology that may hurt some people, but it is actually self criticism/self flagellation. If you have worked hard as an Indian and emigrated abroad and done well, you may look back at India and you find your heart angry that India is facing terrorism from Pakistan and that Pakistan is getting away with everything. You burn with anger. You want India to hit out at those terrorists and your eyes glow with anger when you look at the Paki army and RAPE, You don't like them and you don't give a sh1t about Abdul Paki. RAPE's success is Pakistan's success. Their audacity is your heartburn.

But you live in India and you are wealthy. Pakistan causes some suffering to Indians but when you live in India you find people getting killed or dying or suffering all around you for all sorts of reasons. As a wealthy Indian eliteman you can take two different attitudes to this

Attitude 1) You don't give a shit about suffering Indians or Pakis as long as you can lead your life in happiness. Pakistani terrorism is a minor, far away issue. Once in a while a few people are blown up. But heck I was forced to take train last week. There was no flight. I could have been killed in a railway accident.

Attitude 2) You know you are relatively safe and fine and wealthy in India, but you would like to see an improvement in living conditions of the Indian around you. I play golf with a caddy and a partner. The partner says " I had to choose X engineering college for my son over Y because Y was charging 2 lakhs and X charges 50,000" The caddy says "Sir i cannot even imagine these things for my son no matter which college he gets" The immediate problem is not Pakistan. Not even long term. It is the urgent need to improve this lifetime for your countrymen.

It is a matter of perspective.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

^^^^^^^^

Well said Shiv, agree with you totally.

That's why I always say that country comparisons or comparisons of the level of development within a country should be at the minimum of 20-25 years or even longer, or roughly one to two generations.

Regarding the India, Pakistan comparisons it's a long haul folks. We gotta be prepared to accept the fact that we may not live to see an India which is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger, better, more powerful and kinder place than Pakistan, so much so that people wouldn't even think of associating the two save for the accident of geography.

But our children will see that day and we got to strive to ensure that they do. And you know what, when the children of the current RAPES look to India with the same longing that they do at the West, that's the day when we'll all have our revenge.

JMT so take it for what's its worth.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Prem wrote:Pak Islam se dar kar bagghe ho, tho Jannat kaise paogai?
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2010_pg3_2
However, that is not the case in our Islamic Republic. Remember we armed them to fight a war and then forgot to take the weapons back. It is precisely because of their military strength that they have come to challenge what at least Hobbes would argue belongs solely to the modern nation-state — its monopoly over violence or use of force.

Arun Gupta - the power of "thought seeding" over a cup of Tea in the House.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

shiv wrote: Arun Gupta - the power of "thought seeding" over a cup of Tea in the House.
:twisted:
They may see the truth if they believe they've discovered it for themselves.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

jash_p wrote:Is antbody from Kerala ? Please enlighten other Keralian about Kaithapram Damodaran Namboodiri's stupidity.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, India: Pakistan fast bowler Mohammed Asif will make his film debut with a Malayalam film, directed by renowned lyricist Kaithapram Damodaran Namboodiri. Shooting of the movie, titled “Mazhavillinnattamvare” (till the tip of the rainbow) is scheduled to begin in North Kerala in September.
WTF?!??
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

shiv wrote:
Muppalla wrote:In simple terms - If TSPA, Pakistan's geography and nukes survive then we can safely say that Pakistan won the war against whatever they are fighting against. GDP, VDP and other parameters are all a joke and useless.

IF
No issues with all the posts of yours on this sub-topic. In fact, the discussion in "Managing Pakistan" is mostly related to this.

Current affairs wise, it appears that west is doing a downhill skiing. In such a situation, it is a tactical victory for TSP and that can keep it alive for some time (our lifetime) to come.

We may have to discuss how Pakistan will keep the game going inspite of all the troubles that it will have internally with 180 million population. What will be its tactics especially giving room to angry-Pasthuns to return back to glorious past of 80s and 90s. As we all agree that it is a state for few, they may just allow all the pastuns to rape the Punjabis to show that they are loyal to the "cause". Several of such sops will keep it going after the "victory over the west". I guess BR did not go in detail on the aspects of TSPA's strategy and tactics post war victory.
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

amit wrote: The Gurus on this thread are better qualified to comment on this point but I personally think if we can break the danda in the hands of the leader that would break the hierarchy.
Pratyush wrote:Mearly breaking the Danda will not break the Hirechery. The head will also have to be broken along with the Danda.
I wonder what are some effective ways of targeting the head and ensuring a struggle between the civilian and a weakened military chief...maybe there can be challengers to Kayani's rule within the army.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Is antbody from Kerala ? Please enlighten other Keralian about Kaithapram Damodaran Namboodiri's stupidity.
Some people will remove their clothes in public to stay in the limelight. Better to ignore them.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Leading senators lash out at Pakistan, Obama’s withdrawal date

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts ... rawal_date
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

TOI Op-Ed:

Leaky Situation
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

jash_p wrote:Please enlighten other Keralian about Kaithapram Damodaran Namboodiri's stupidity.
The Namboodiri is a mere Director. The film is being produced by a Gulf-based Keralite. The choice of Asif is a mystery because he has not exposed his histrionic talents before except when he was caught with drugs at the Dubai airport. So, there is an 'Aman ki Asha' connection or something else.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Dont the Mallus have agood actor at home that they have to rope in some Pakisatni. Who also wont speak local language.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Can we take the subject to another thread? Thanks ramana
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

American footprints

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=253397
During the signing ceremony, there they stood making sure that the documents had been properly signed and stamped! How strange is that? According to some Pakistani analysts, Commerce Minister Makhdoom Amin Fahim was duped into signing the agreement without fully realising that he was facilitating the US and India to reap the rich natural resources recently discovered by the Pentagon in Afghanistan. Once the lithium and other natural resources were mined with the help of the US in Afghanistan, they would be trucked through Pakistan’s land route to reach India, an emerging market for such goods.

Two hours after signing the documents, Fahim woke up from his deep slumber to realise that he had signed Pakistan’s lifeline away! Promptly, he got to the TV stations to renege on what he had said only 120 minutes ago. Now you realise how important it is for our parliamentarians to be lettered so that they can at least understand and process simple English before signing documents!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

ramana wrote:You must be located outside India to not see the truth of his writings. TO criticize him you need to live in India and see it thru his eyes!
RamanaGaru, I can't believe you are actually empathizing with that unadulterated lunatic. Or am I missing some sarcasam you intended to convey?
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Dilbu wrote:
Some people will remove their clothes in public to stay in the limelight. Better to ignore them.
I don't like ignoring fools, because then their antics only grow and grow. Instead of taking an ostrich-like mentality, the better thing to do is to humiliate the fool, so that all will see how foolish he is.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I guess you didnt see the "!"

Of late there is move over here to say one cant criticize bad writing unless you are living in India.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Paki Daily Times Editorial

The leaky cauldron

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2010_pg3_1
So the real issue here is the ISI and its links with the Afghan Taliban. It has been known for years now that our security establishment’s skewed policies vis-à-vis the Taliban have pushed the country and the region into a quagmire of disaster. General Musharraf played a dual game with the Americans by handing over al Qaeda members while giving protection and rear base areas to the Afghan Taliban. That same policy is continuing under General Kayani, the only difference being that the local Taliban are being hunted down but the Afghan Taliban are being protected for a post-withdrawal Afghanistan. Now that these documents are out in the open for all to see, voices in the US have already started to emerge and will get louder with each passing day about Pakistan biting the hand that feeds it, in fact chewing it off till the elbow. We cannot overlook the billions of dollars in aid that we have received from the US since 2001. Despite being hit hard by the global recession, the US continued to support Pakistan financially. The outrage in the American media is understandable and soon it will change public opinion to an extent that might lead to US aid being cut off or at the very least being reduced or delayed. Pakistan has to clarify its position beyond a shadow of a doubt if it wants to stay in the US’s good books. It is time that we quit playing games with the security of the world at large and the region in particular in our ‘too clever by half’ mode.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Air Crash Near Islamabad: NDTV
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Passenger plane crashes near Islamabad
28 Jul 2010, 1054 hrs IST
A mini-plane is reported to have been crashed into Margala Hills near Pakistani capital Islamabad on Wednesday (July 28) morning, Geo news reported.

The authorities are still trying to determine the exact location of the crash site while it has also been feared that the plane was flying from Turkey.

Meanwhile, the plane crashed behind the mountainous range, Margalla Hills, behind Shah Faisal Mosque in Islamabad.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

The only scheduled flight from Istanbul is for Delhi on that route and if it was delayed it must be near Lahore to enter IndiAN airspace. But they use airbus not a small plane. Must be a military aircraft.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Who knows pakis are capable of crashing the plane into shah faisal mosque... :mrgreen:
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Airblue flight from Karachi to Islamabad was carrying 146 passengers and crew of six.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

150 people on-board,probably a A320. Guess it was poor visibility due to bad weather.
Current weather in Islamabad:
Rain. High: 87 °F / 31 °C . Wind South 15 mph / 25 km/h .
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Foxnews says:

Asia & Pacific
Plane With 152 On Board Crashes in Pakistan

Published July 28, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Police say a passenger plane has crashed into the hills in Pakistan's capital. 146 passengers and 6 crew members were reported on board the flight.

Officials at first thought it was a small plane. But police official Mohammed Saeed said later Wednesday morning that "it seems that it is a bigger tragedy" and that the aircraft was a passenger plan and may be larger than previously thought.

The accident occurred in the Margalla Hills in Islamabad on a rainy morning. Rescue workers were heading to the scene, but the roads were difficult.

This is a breaking news report. Refresh for the latest information.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

They say it was a Airblue flying from Karachi to Islamabad.Guess it was this one :
FLT# FROM TO DEP: ARR:
202 KHI ISB 0730 0930

Did a stinger bring it down by any chance?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

To the departd souls RIP
saket
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saket »

some pakistani reporter on NDTV claiming that it was a fuel tank explosion ...

maybe an onboard bomb??
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Madrassa investigation at best! Surely if it was indeed the fuel tank,the pilot wouldnt have had time to figure out the source of explosion and relay it to the ATC.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Yawn quotes on pakbarian saying he saw the plane 'unsteady' - means no bum. Is-slum-bad residents also quote low flying plane...may be pilot trying to find where the GHQ is?
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Invaders killed

Have to quote this in full
Mujahideen in the province’s Wazi Zadran district got one of the US tanks destroyed with a roadside bomb killing about 3 US invaders and wounding another one On Tuesday (July 27).(Taliban website)
Do you need top secret classified documents to know where the average pakbarian jehadi animal stands? This is a english language newspapers that has to maintain some level of sanity...one wonders what the Urdu press says...
Dhiman
BRFite

Post by Dhiman »

shiv wrote: I am currently Indian elite. My status may not be in the top 1% but is quite likely to be within the top 5% and definitely within top 10% in India. India has several million people like me and we can literally rule India and live luxurious lives and look like winners by taking the help of Westerners by selling our lands to them and asking them to help control unruly Indians with aid and weapons. That is after all how the Indian elite managed for 200 years before 1947. That is not what i want.
shiv wrote: Attitude 1) You don't give a shit about suffering Indians or Pakis as long as you can lead your life in happiness. Pakistani terrorism is a minor, far away issue. Once in a while a few people are blown up. But heck I was forced to take train last week. There was no flight. I could have been killed in a railway accident.

Attitude 2) You know you are relatively safe and fine and wealthy in India, but you would like to see an improvement in living conditions of the Indian around you. I play golf with a caddy and a partner. The partner says " I had to choose X engineering college for my son over Y because Y was charging 2 lakhs and X charges 50,000" The caddy says "Sir i cannot even imagine these things for my son no matter which college he gets" The immediate problem is not Pakistan. Not even long term. It is the urgent need to improve this lifetime for your countrymen.

It is a matter of perspective.
Definitely agree with you here Sir and without getting too much into domestic issues, my personal, although somewhat crude, definition of an Indian elite is a person who has "flushable toilet" in their place of residence (approx 3% of the Indian population as far as I know). Also by that standard, a super-elite would be a person who has constant 24 hours of running water and electricity supply and off course that means that anyone with 24 hours of air conditioning and heated water supply is literally living in the lap of luxury by Indian standards.

If we measure growth with respect to availability of constant supply of clean running water and electricity, then in my opinion, independent India has truly failed or even regressed backward in many cases. And many of my fellow elites, while singing praises of Indian economy fail to see this simple fact since they are too used to their "flushable toilets" (i.e elite status).

However, recognizing the issues in the first criteria for solving them and with that respect I do think India has plenty of elites who do recognize the need to bring up the rest of the population. Perhaps this is the reason why we focus on our skewed economic growth (instead of bombing the shit out of Pakistan) hoping that economic growth in certain areas will ultimately boil down to massive utilization of resources for making flushable toilets, 24 hour running water and electricity available to all. Ultimately fast growth allows one to ignore or gloss over many lingering problem that would be easier to take care with greater resources.

IMHO, The difference with Pakistan is that in India, I think we have enough elites like yourself who do recognize the social issues and it is simply a matter of which sectors of economy are currently seeing the "growth spurt". I am not sure if that is the case in Pakistan, otherwise Pakistan wouldn't be in such a mess in the first place.
ShivaS
BRFite

Post by ShivaS »

GOI itself has taken attitude 2 so why not I R2I?

The local state and Central Govts themselves feel like they belong to East India company ruling some natives of not their kind, and people like it because they are used to it and it works.

So who am I to question and get heartburn consuming Zantac or use Lisinopril for Hyper tension.
Chalta hai Saab SUb kuch Chalata hai. no?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

*cough cough* TSP thread folks.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Cameron warns Pakistan over insurgent funding

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... stan-qs-04
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

US State Deptt's justifications for arms sales to TSP
“So building up the capability of Pakistan to deal with the threat within its own borders should not be seen as a threat to India,” Mr. Crowley said.
What a lie.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

As long as capacity is built to deal with the TALIB airforce and the TALIB navy we should not really worry.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

TSP has it no? :lol: why will TB's raise those
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

The plane was not flying in a No Fly Zone.
There was no SOS,the ATC had not received any such calls.
link

It would be interesting to see the passenger manifest.