Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): July 07, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): July 07, 2

Post by A_Gupta »

The Munir report on the 1953 anti-Ahmedi riots in Pakistan is worth reading - at least the parts describing the lead up to the riots, if nothing else.

http://www.thepersecution.org/archive/munir/index.html

The lesson from the Munir report that I draw is that only swift and harsh punishment of **anyone** who raises slogans of religious extremism can possibly prevent the Pakistanization we've witnessed. Bangladesh in recent months has shown it grasps the idea. It has outlawed all religion-based parties, is trying to remove Maududi's books from the mosque libraries, and has in general strongly affirmed secularism.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

A_Gupta wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/worl ... 82DB6FBB4E

What Wikileaks does is make the Americans look as weak and impotent as the Indians. Why a couple of ISI honchos houses do not have mysterious gas cylinder explosions or some such, with these guys killing Americans? At least India is not paying baksheesh to these villains (or is it? Can't be anything on the Kerry-Lugar scale.)
Possible, but from this quote, I gather that there is more than meets the eye:

Several Congressional officials said that despite repeated requests over the years for information about Pakistani support for militant groups, they usually receive vague and inconclusive briefings from the Pentagon and C.I.A.
In other words, the Pentagon and CIA could possibly be milking TSP for what ist worth.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

PhotoChor Khan has a poodle-puppy named Zahid Malik, who, outside of his official duties of wagging the tail, also runs and publishes the earth-e-shaster rag.

Here is today's outpouring of great alarm by Malik:

India encircles Pakistan
http://pakobserver.net/detailnews.asp?id=43390
I would like to warn the Pakistani people and the leadership that there would be catastrophic consequences of the new Transit Trade Agreement...as India, with the full blessings of the United States, is fast moving closer to its strategic ambitions to become a regional power.

I am dwelling at length on the new Transit Trade Accord because it is a part of the India's long-cherished dream of turning Pakistan into its market ...

I vividly remember that the late Seth Ahmad Dawood told me during a luncheon meeting about a month before his death in Karachi, “Mr. Malik I foresee a time will soon come when the whole of Pakistan will become a trading house for Indian goods because of the higher cost of production the local products would become totally uncompetitive. India will have a sway in Pakistan.”
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

CRamS wrote:In other words, the Pentagon and CIA could possibly be milking TSP for what ist worth.
They're fighting wars that are unwinnable because they're financing both sides of the fighting. Now, the perpetual, unwinnable war could be in the Pentagon's and CIA's interest; but that cannot be termed as milking TSP.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Who are behind the recent leaks of paki double-dealings to Wiki Leaks? Is this a parting shot by Gates before he quits the DoD? by McChrystal's aides?

Is there some power struggle going on behind the scenes in the beltway?

Given the molly-cuddling going on between US and TSP, who leaked this and why?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

In TSP eyes, India is not even a regional power and it is its manifest destiny to deny India that by whatever means at its disposal. What MMS hope to gain by begging such vile pukes for peace is beyond me.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

CRamS wrote:What MMS hope to gain by begging such vile pukes for peace is beyond me.
Errr, no need to burst a blood vessel over this crs garu.

There will be no 'peace in our time' regardless of the depth and sincerity of our desire for it. War will be upon us, whether we want it or not.

So yup, I would give poor mms a break. His actions and reactions likely won't change anything here.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Hari Seldon wrote: So yup, I would give poor mms a break. His actions and reactions likely won't change anything here.
And we should let that stop us jingoes from wailing on here because?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Der Spiegel on the leak of 92,000 classified US documents regarding the Afghan insurgency which among other shows the Islamic Republic of Pakistan fomenting Islamic Terrorism in Afghanistan:

Explosive Leaks Provide Image of War from Those Fighting It

Der Spiegel has a specific section dealing with the role of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s ISI spy agency in fomenting Islamic Terrorism in Afghanistan. An excerpt:
The Secret Enemy in Pakistan

The Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Pakistan's secret service, originally helped to build up and deploy the Taliban after Afghanistan descended into a bitter and fratricidal civil war between the mujahedeen who had prevailed over the Soviets and forced their withdrawal. Despite all of the reassurances from Pakistani politicians that the old ties are cut, the country is still pursuing an ambiguous policy in the region -- at once serving as both an ally to the US and as a helper to its enemy.
There is plenty of new evidence to support this thesis. The documents clearly show that the Pakistani intelligence agency is the most important accomplice the Taliban has outside of Afghanistan. The war against the Afghan security forces, the Americans and their ISAF allies is still being conducted from Pakistan.

The country is an important safe haven for enemy forces -- and serves as a base for issuing their deployment. New recruits to the Taliban stream across the Pakistan-Afghan border, including feared foreign fighters -- among them Arabs, Chechnyans, Uzbekis, Uighurs and even European Islamists.

According to the war logs, the ISI envoys are present when insurgent commanders hold war councils -- and even give specific orders to carry out murders. These include orders to try to assassinate Afghan President Hamid Karzai. For example, a threat report dated August 21, 2008 warned: "Colonel Mohammad Yusuf from the ISI had directed Taliban official Maulawi Izzatullah to see that Karzai was assassinated."
Read the section:

The Secret Enemy in Pakistan
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

Sanjay M wrote:Nobody can get Musharraf elected, that's a guarantee.

Crore commanders would have the most misgivings about Mushy, given his past track record.
Cart_T & Sanjay M

I hope you guys are correct ... my line of thinking ... Kiyani (and Pasha) in continum. Pasha already got his extension (for the same reason, to maintain continuity of operations). Kiyani has shown his hand now. If he had accepted retirement, it would have shown that he was a soldier, retirement is a routine affair after all. Now he has shown himself to be a man with an agenda. Extension could not have come without blessings from US and China. Zardari might as well had a gun to his head for this extension. (If he has any sense left he should surrender the power to dismiss PM soon). With Musharrarf in a Civilian role he can do things which Kiyani doesn't want to get involved and OTOH, Kiyani can do things Musharraf wants as part of a common east facing agenda. Moreover, he can take this as this cred (as a former military man who can bring its co-operation to the table) and leverage to make peace with India.

Musharraf, has not ended on a lamp post (or at least not yet) has just floated his party which can be built up with ISI's help - drug money and aid money, intimidation and rule bending - as has been in the past. In the meantime raising funds from his lectures abroad, waiting out the 2 year period, and claiming that 'see... I played by the rules, I am a s(h)tatesman after all'.

Zardari, NS will just be reduced to opposition, fighting each other, and kept weak, or bumped off like BB.

Or at least than appears to be the plan, IMO.

(Kiyani was the ISI chief when Musharraf ordered the hit on Ayodhaya complex in July ?, 2005. A head of state ordering an act of terror! But that's usual stuff from Pakistan)
jarugn
BRFite

Post by jarugn »

Pakistan Aids Insurgency in Afghanistan, Reports Assert

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/26/world ... ml?_r=1&hp
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

The wikileaks site has reportedly got all the documents over last few years (notice that there is nothing current) by tapping some crackers' internet traffic (reportedly from Russian territory and also reportedly linked to current or past individuals related to Russian intelligence). The same is the case with the biggest leak (recordings of operations in eye-rak) that came into public view a few weeks ago where the US forces were shown attacking civilians (a photographer/reporter for a European paper and two small children in a van that stopped by to have a look).
Looks like wikileaks has some interesting stuff on Pukistan too.
Pardon the "reported" angle, that is the way I remember it.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://patterico.com/2010/07/25/wikilea ... e-taliban/
Comments are interesting
and
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40204.html
W.H. condemns 'irresponsible' leaks, dismisses stories
documents posted by Wikileaks reportedly cover a period of time from January 2004 to December 2009. On December 1, 2009, President Obama announced a new strategy with a substantial increase in resources for Afghanistan, and increased focus on al Qaeda and Taliban safe-havens in Pakistan, precisely because of the grave situation that had developed over several years.” An administration official went further in an e-mail to reporters: “I don’t think anyone who follows this issue will find it surprising that there are concerns about ISI and safe havens in Pakistan. In fact, we’ve said as much repeatedly and on the record. … “The period of time covered in these documents (January 2004-December 2009) is before the President announced his new strategy. Some of the disconcerting things reported are exactly why the President ordered a three month policy review and a change in strategy.” The official added: “t’s worth noting that WikiLeaks is not an objective news outlet but rather an organization that opposes U.S. policy in Afghanistan
."
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Chinese twist
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... se-twist/1
Only now, well over six months down the line and at untold government and taxpayers' cost, has the offer of Chinese intervention finally been taken up and this, having been flatly refused when it was most needed, now having to be begged for when our illustrious President visited China last month.
Gilgit-Baltistan, in which this disaster is still happening, was, in the not too distant past, known as 'Little Tibet' and paid suzerainty to the rules of Kashgar which vacillated between being independent or under Chinese rule for hundreds of years although it is now, and has been since the turn of the last century, purely in Chinese hands and, one wonders if our reluctance to accept Chinese assistance in regard to alleviating the catastrophe being endured by the indigent people of Hunza is, in any way, related to the fact that, according to sources, they would happily return to the days of Chinese 'overlordship' rather than continuing to 'suffer' under Pakistani misrule. Be this as it may, Chinese engineers will now, we are told, be allowed to instigate the controlled blasting they wanted to carry out so many months ago.
Hopefully, Attabad Lake will slowly and safely be drained over the coming months, submerged villages, farms, orchards, agricultural lands and, of course, the KKH thus seeing the light of day once more and, eventually, displaced people will then be able to think of returning 'home' but...home to what, how and at whose cost? For these stricken people, the victims of criminal government negligence, life will never be the same again.
The writer is a Murree-based freelance columnist
( India should have offered help to Hunza people)
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Mention LET, and it gives TSP enormous heart ache. Now Mullen's turn:

An even more disturbing aspect of the Mullen visit was his intervention on the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) issue where he demanded that the Pakistan government rein this group in. Mullen was of course coming from India and it is clear now that the US is being used by India to push through its Pakistan agenda.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Friends,

Past:
MMS tries to sell kashmir off in SeS. Fails miserably--US tells Pak to restrain themselves and they will get Kashmir from India
Present:
MMS tries again with SMK doing the talking but is thwarted by insiders in GoI trying to stop the sell out.--Sensing that Kashmir will not be in talks,Curioushe looses cool,couple of days later tells that there will not be any talks without Kashmir.
Future:
Terrorist attack on CW games.Thousands killed. Pakistan declares sympathy and says "Had there been talks on Kashmir,better intelligence sharing would have happened and this attack could have been prevented and lives saved", Sonia senses without a proper response,Congress would not have a chance in next elections. Cold Start initiated. Pakistan declares Kashmir is a Nuclear Flashpoint. sade theen urges india to stop else no wada pau. MMS says we want wada pau and Kashmir has cost many Indian lives and can be "shared" between the "brothers" for world piss.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

I know MMS causes a lot of heartburns but can we please save MMS is going to sell us down the river onlee scenarios for some other thread please and leave this thread for pukistan alone? I'm sure there are other threads for MMS is a traitor onlee posts. Kind request to the mods onlee. Shukran!
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

our best strategy is to weaken both the ISI and the Pakistani army. We need a separate thread perhaps to find and discuss ways of doing it.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

menon s wrote:our best strategy is to weaken both the ISI and the Pakistani army. We need a separate thread perhaps to find and discuss ways of doing it.
Try the 'Managing Pakistan's Failure' Thread!
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Prasad wrote:I know MMS causes a lot of heartburns but can we please save MMS is going to sell us down the river onlee scenarios for some other thread please and leave this thread for pukistan alone? I'm sure there are other threads for MMS is a traitor onlee posts. Kind request to the mods onlee. Shukran!
On contrary to what it appears to be,Believe me Prasad garu, I have no intention in mudslinging our PM. It is just the way I see things. We all have our opinions and I have mine and so do you.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Alternate view:-

MMS goes throught the pretense of talking to Pakistan while simultaneously instructing that the talks be scuttled by some honest comments by Pillai. Krishna goes through the pretense of being hurt but everybody makes up and are happy.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Genteel posters I find it to be extreamly amusing and comic that people believe that MMS can give any thing away to TSP. Even if wants to he wont be able to do so. Not because he will face opposition from some Desh bhakts in his own cabinet as defined by BRF. But because of the PVNR resolution which stated all of J&k is an integeral part of India and was passed uninamously by the Indian parliament. Unless MMS can come on the floor of the house and get another resolution passed approving what he has agreed with the TSP. He has no power to give any thing away to any one. So please stop asssuming the worst every time some one opens his mouth.

The above Post may be OT but it is made for the benifit of all the posters of BRF and the pak lurks who feel that an Indian leader will compromise with TSP on J& K. Get this in your head, "Its not going to happen".
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

For MMS to sell India down the river, first there has to be water in the river. After all, the expression comes from slaves sold and transported down the Mississippi. No water means no transport and no sale. But it is not just fate that is thwarting the Prime Minister's Kashmir give-away scheme. Just why do you think bahmins/banias are building Kishenganga and umpteen other projects?

Just another opinion onlee.
satyam
BRFite

Post by satyam »

I want to ask a question here. Don't we have any covert operation going on in Pakistan? Otherwise how can they launch terrorist attack on India without fear of retailiation.

Or is it that TSP doesn't care about its people as long as it is hurting India.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Pakistani maulanas say legitimate to take slaves and concubines in Israel

Speaking on "Point Blank with Luqman," a television program hosted by Pakistani television presenter Mubasher Luqman, prominent Pakistani clerics said that Islam permits Muslims to keep concubines.

The participants included Allama Ibtisam Elahi Zaheer, the Secretary General of the puritanical religious organization Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith; Barelvi cleric Maulana Raghib Naeemi, the Nazim-e-Aala of the Jamia Naeemia madrassa; and Dr. Mohammed Aslam Siddiqui, a Jamaat-e-Islami politician and former head of the Department of Mosques at the Punjab University, who joined by telephone.

Mubasher Lucman: "Suppose today, if we go to war against Kufr [infidel world] on the Kashmir issue, win it, and bring slave men and women..."

Mohammed Siddiqui: "You should consult religious scholars; they are of the opinion that the countries which have signed the Charter of the United Nations Organization are not permitted to take the citizens of other member countries as slaves."

Mubasher Lucman: "How are UN and Islam linked?"

Mohammed Siddiqui: "The link between the UN and Islam is that we have been ordered by the Koran to keep our accords. If an accord is not against Islam, we are bound by it."

Mubasher Lucman: "What if we go to a war against Israel, can we take slaves and concubines as we don't have diplomatic relations with them...?"
"It is Permitted to [Take in War] Concubines [from Israel]"

Allama Zaheer: "Yes, we can. It is permitted to have concubines [from Israel]."

Mubasher Lucman: "So, we can take [slaves] from Israel, if we achieve victory over Israel and get manpower?"

Maulana Naeemi: "Islamic laws are very old and true. The law from the times of the caliphs is that you have to keep your promises. If you have an accord of prisoner exchange with a country, you have to give the war captives back to them."

Allama Zaheer [interrupts]: "You gave the example of Israel very positively. They are Jews. We could have married with their women in case of a victory, but we don't need that as we don't have diplomatic relations; so if we win and get slave women, and if the emir of the army distributes concubines, we can keep them as concubines if we get some of our share of war booty. And we should be thankful to Allah for that. But we cannot steal a woman from war booty..."
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

What if the woman happens to hold a M16 and is 3 times stronger than the jihadi?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

biswas wrote:What if the woman happens to hold a M16 and is 3 times stronger than the jihadi?

:(( The jihadi meets his 72 :((
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Airavat wrote: -----------

Allama Zaheer [interrupts]: "You gave the example of Israel very positively. They are Jews. We could have married with their women in case of a victory, but we don't need that as we don't have diplomatic relations; so if we win and get slave women, and if the emir of the army distributes concubines, we can keep them as concubines if we get some of our share of war booty. And we should be thankful to Allah for that. But we cannot steal a woman from war booty..."

------
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Do these people even realize that their entire nation is a concubine for western world?? and has been like that since their inception.
f***ing perverts!
India is struggling to get everything the hard way because we stood up on our feet against western interests since our birth.
Last edited by Altair on 26 Jul 2010 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

biswas wrote:What if the woman happens to hold a M16 and is 3 times stronger than the jihadi?
1 Paki = 10 Yahoods.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

kenop wrote:The wikileaks site has reportedly got all the documents over last few years (notice that there is nothing current) by tapping some crackers' internet traffic (reportedly from Russian territory and also reportedly linked to current or past individuals related to Russian intelligence). The same is the case with the biggest leak (recordings of operations in eye-rak) that came into public view a few weeks ago where the US forces were shown attacking civilians (a photographer/reporter for a European paper and two small children in a van that stopped by to have a look).
Looks like wikileaks has some interesting stuff on Pukistan too.
Pardon the "reported" angle, that is the way I remember it.
Now the Pakis are downhill ski-ing as fast as they can.
Pakistan denies Wikileaks reports it 'aided Taliban'
Pakistan has strongly denied claims in leaked US military records that its intelligence agency, the ISI, backed the Taliban in the war in Afghanistan.

The whistleblower website Wikileaks published more than 90,000 leaked US military documents and gave advance access to three news publications.

The documents reportedly reveal Nato concerns that Pakistan and Iran are helping the Taliban.
The Pakistani ambassador in Washington said the "unprocessed" reports did "not reflect the current onground realities".

"I think that the American leadership knows what Pakistan is doing," Hassan Haqqani told the BBC.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

MMS is trying to establish his place in history as a "great ruler" of India,who made it rich and established peace with Pak.As far as the latter is concerned,he suffers from the hangover syndrome that afflicts most of the pre-partition leaders of this country,mostly from the north,who had ties with what is now Pak.Gujral was afflicted greatly and MMS is showing the same lack of wisdom in his dealing with Pak.His many years of being an IMF babu and lackey of the western financial system,has seen him seek the US's assistance in dealing with Pak.This is exactly what Pak has been wanting all these decades and which IG and RG resisted.It is astonishing that Sonia has not looked to the first family's dealings with Pak in the past for instruments to use.Not a single Indo-Pak meet ends with a gratuitous and patronising statemetn from the US,applauding both nations or despite the talks being a failure,insisting that talks should be continued,blah,blah,as if the US was godfather to both nations,or that we were beholden to the US for our existence.

The manner in which ABV was betrayed by Pak with Kargil being his and India's reward for goodneighbourliness,should've served as a signal wrning to any govt. of the day that Pak cannot be trusted,especially after the ISI/military murdered Benazir Bhutto.No civilian govt. in Pak will be allowed to broker a longlasting peace with India.Gen.Kill-any is now firmly in the saddle for the next three years and I predict that if he survives physically,he will end up being another "great dictator" like Zia.Kill-any "the vulture",is in for the long haul and his machiavellian instincts will see great danger in store for India. The more MMS tries to get the US to "tame" Pak,the more he will fail and we will suffer.The latest revelations about Paki/ISI duplicity affecting US lives,is nothing new for us.Pak has to be treated as a pariah state and consigned to a diplomatic "leper colony" by India.No contact with it at all,as it will contaminate us.
r_subramanian
BRFite

Post by r_subramanian »

Poor Information minister of KP. He is supposed to have opposed Taliban. He lost a son on Saturday. Now this. Short report. Posting in full.
Blast heard in Noshehra.
NOSHEHRA: A powerful explosion has been heard outside the residence of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar, Geo News reported Monday.
It should be mentioned here that the Information Minister’s son Mian Rashid Hussain was killed on Saturday, who was laid to rest yesterday.
It is premature to say about the nature and magnitude of the explosion.
link
r_subramanian
BRFite

Post by r_subramanian »

^^Dawn says 5 people were injured in the explosion three shops were completely destroyed.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

^Death toll rises to 7 and 37 Injured.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Simply hilarious! The Rent-Boys of Asia lusting after slaves and concubines from Israel while they get repeatedly shafted in turn by their two godathers,one that too a Chinaman!

Here are some excerpts about the Wikleaks expose.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 35630.html
Wikileaks documents show Pakistan and Taliban link
Monday, 26 July 2010
Pakistan was actively collaborating with the Taliban in Afghanistan while accepting US aid, new US military reports showed, a disclosure likely to increase the pressure on Washington's embattled ally.

The revelations by the organisation Wikileaks emerged as Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, warned of greater Nato casualties in Afghanistan as violence mounts over the summer.

Related articles
•Wikileaks reveals Afghan civilian deaths
•White House says Wikileaks is endangering lives
•Taliban offers to exchange body of US sailor as hunt continues
•Whistleblower's leaked US files reveal state of Afghan war

It also came as the Taliban said they were holding captive one of two US servicemen who strayed into insurgent territory, and that the other had been killed. The reported capture will further erode domestic support for America's nine-year war.

Documents leaked by Wikileaks said representatives from Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence met directly with the Taliban in secret strategy sessions to organise militant networks fighting US soldiers.

The White House condemned the leak, saying it could threaten national security and endanger the lives of Americans. Pakistan said leaking unprocessed reports from the battlefield was irresponsible.

US national security adviser Jim Jones said the leak would not affect "our ongoing commitment to deepen our partnerships with Afghanistan and Pakistan".

The revelations were contained in more than 90,000 classified documents which US officials focused on the period leading to the launch of President Barack Obama's Afghan strategy last December, when he authorised deployment of 30,000 additional troops.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Apparently,Rehman 'sherlock' Malik was also close by..too bad the soosai bummers are not as good as they used to be!
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

total bummer maan
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Oooh hooo...they have their dynasty and their prince-in-waiting for the seat warmer to vacate when told to....

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... speech-670
In reply to a question, he said PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto had completed his education and it was for his family to decide whether he should take part in next elections.
No wonder Kangress has this love fest with TSP / PPP...
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Intel had warned of attack on Indian embassy in Kabul: WikiLeaks
Press Trust Of India
New York, July 26, 2010
First Published: 09:38 IST(26/7/2010)
Last Updated: 16:29 IST(26/7/2010)

Polish intelligence had, a week before the 2008 Indian embassy bombing, warned of a possible Taliban attack on Indian interests in the Afghan capital with the "main goal" to show its ability to attack on every object in Kabul, according to a document leaked by whistle-blower site
related stories

WikiLeaks.

The document on possible attack on the Indian Embassy is part of a massive leak of 92,000 intelligence reports that suggested that the war in Afghanistan is going badly for the US and Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) is fuelling the insurgency in the war-torn country.

Advance copies of the leak were made available to three publications - The New York Times, British daily newspaper Guardian, and German weekly Der Spiegel, which made some excerpts available.

The document dealing with the Indian Embassy is titled 'Threat Report..Threat to Indian Embassy.'

The date of information is June 30, 2008, while the date of report is July 1, 2008. The organisation involved is "Taliban Center" and the Report number is 75010708.

"Taliban are planning to carry out an attack on the Indian embassy in Kabul. TB (Taliban) designated an engineer to take this action," the document reads.

"He intends to use stolen ANA/ANP (Afghan National Army/ Afghan National Police) car, and wears stolen uniform. He speaks Dari with distinct Iranian accent. Allegedly, he is the owner of a company," it added.

A suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into the heavily fortified Indian embassy's gates in Kabul on July 7, 2008, killing 58 people and wounding more than 140.

Defence Attache Brigadier RD Mehta and Counsellor Venkateswara Rao were killed when the suicide bomber targeted the embassy during the morning rush hour.

"INS (Insurgents) are planning to divide into two groups: First will attack Indian embassy building, whilst the second group will engage security posts in front of MOI (Ministry of Interior), IOT (In Order to) give possibility to escape attackers from the first group," the report said.

"Budget for this action is about $ 1,20,000. The main goal of this operation is to show TB's (Taliban) abilities to carry out attack on every object in Kabul."

Other documents strongly indicate that Pakistan's ISI is supporting the insurgency in Afghanistan, as well as plotting with Taliban leaders to assassinate Afghan leaders.

The New York Times pointed out that it has been difficult for the US to pin Pakistan's spy agency directly to an attack orchestrated by the Taliban.

But the assault on the Indian embassy led the CIA's then deputy director Stephen R Kappes to immediately go to Islamabad to confront the ISI with evidence that it had helped organise the attack.

Another leaked document, dated August 2008, identifies a Colonel in the ISI plotting with a Taliban official to assassinate Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

However, there were no accompanying details and the report could not be verified.

Meanwhile, US National Security Advisor James Jones, in a statement, condemned the leaks as "irresponsible" and said that WikiLeaks had not contacted the US government before going public.

"The United States strongly condemns the disclosure of classified information by individuals and organisations which could put the lives of Americans and our partners at risk, and threaten our national security," Jones said.

"WikiLeaks made no effort to contact us about these documents - the United States government learned from news organisations that these documents would be posted," he added.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

After reading the contents of the above document, i am baffled more than ever before about naivety of US administration. Surely the world's sole superpower is not dumb if it has evidence that ISI is actively funding attacks in Afghanistan,yet they go on pouring billions into the coffers of the same ISI,why? Whatever little foothold that US has established in Afghanistan,they could have done it without ISI's backing ..so why the posturing? What stops them from reducing the paki army into a rubble? What stops them from sniping out guys like Gul,Aslam Beg,col.Imam and others? Something just doesn't add up..