J & K news and discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Re: J & K news and discussion

Post by manjgu »

not in all houses in india. because in our heart all of us bow to the flag and many of us are willing to die for it. But in the valley a few would rather bow to the paki flag...

Viv S... let us hear, how in ur opinion the khalistani insurgency 'faded out' :-)

the insurgency in valley has not been beaten to the same extent and we have constant fanning of insurgency by the Hurri rats and their mentors across the border and support of clowns like u.
saket
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saket »

What would Chanakya do?

An interesting clip from the serial.

skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
RamaY wrote:If that is the case who can moral high ground given entire Indian subcontinents Hindu roots at one point or another?
We were mostly Buddhist at one point as well. And before that Animist, some groups of which still survive, well at least the maternal genes do :) .

Whats your point.
Dear mr. Blind.

All the Buddhist cinverts were Hindus before. I know you can't call yourself a Hindu but that is fine. It is not false just because you don't believe.

My point is that somnath's logic is utter nonsense.

We all know you don't like BJP's flag march. We also know that some of you are ashamed of your Hindu ancestry. That is all fine.

But stick to one point and debate instead of moving from flag-is-not-good ; to flag is immaterial ; to bjp bad; to yindoo terrorism; to animism.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

At some point, posters must realize that they got it all mixed up! There is a small gap between the valence and conduction band. Failing to redeem yourself in the band gap - you jump into the conduction band, get really excited and start colliding with the matrix! [ Pats self on the back for the analogy ]

But seriously...STOP...for your own good! Redeem yourself! Save yourself! If it is of any help, there are several people here whom I know got it [ use suitable word here ] and were humble enough to correct themselves!

EDIT: Yes, I posted in the right thread!
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

J&K Govt surrendering to separatists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4O5d6v9_og

KSubramanian
BRFite -Trainee

Post by KSubramanian »

I am mostly a lurker and pick up on the interesting viewpoints by the forum members. Its always enjoyed the views of vina & N^3 saars in the LCA thread. Ssridhar, Ramana, RajeshA saars in the strategy threads and shiv & RahulM saars in almost all threads. Have learnt a lot from all of you.

Now imagine my surprise when I find that BR, a forum known to be pro India gets involved in such an ugly fight with such name calling of and by such esteemed members. I do believe that as a forum that is dedicated to the nation, we should be able to debate our points without getting personal and party specific.

Coming to the crux of my viewpoint on the matter, I believe:
1. J&K has been potrayed as a disputed territory long enough that the common man on the streets in India have forgotten the events that happened, the sequence in which they occurred and the environment in which they happened. I am always amazed when any Paki spouts the lines 1948 UN resolution non-implementation of plebiscite and our folks do not retort on Pakistan giving back POK that was requisite for the implementation. What I want to say is that a few forum members seem to have formed an opinion on J&K before reading facts on it and have forcefit the facts to their opinions.

2. Critisize on merit: BJP is communal and so is the Congress. I remember my Dad telling me how the congress used to play the Christians against Nairs in Kerala. Muslim Dalit winning combinations in UP and Bihar for Congress were as communal as the Hindu carhd for the BJP in UP. There used to be major communal riots in UP and Bihar every few years when the congress was in power there, until they were stopped for political expediency by Lalu & Mulayam to firm up their MY combination.

3. Was the Tiranga Yatra political, obviously it was. It is a yatra taken out by a political party. It will attempt to cash in on the feelings of the janta. Was it a correct ploy at a time when the ruling party is committing so many scams where it needs to be confronted on head on is debatable. However, given that they did put this issue out in front of the public, my opinion is that they are putting out issues which they believe are important to their image makeover and their voters. Did it have the potential to be divisive, yes, if they had issued statements saying that Muslims are suspect as they do not raise and respect the national flag. However, Throughout the yatra, the message that went out was that Muslims came out in full support and we thank them for their support to our cause. This was not devisive. Given that the yatra was not devisive, the response of OA & central government was excessive, and the reluctance to take up creative solutions to the matter was due to hard nosed political opinion on what they believe is the position of their voters. So no political party can claim to be completely clean and above board regarding their reasons for their actions.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

For the first time since emergency Leaders of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha were not present at the Republic Day Parade! Instead they were under arrest and detained by a provincial government under dubious and as yet legally unverified orders. So in totality a rubicon has indeed been crossed, the constitution of India that we celebrated on 26 Januray, 2011 is losing its hold inch by inch.

Banana republics of the world detain/arrest leaders of opposition, hijack public transport, use police for political ends and cut back channel deals instead of a debate in parliament. People should calm down and contemplate what if state of Gujarat, MP, Chattisgarh or Punjab round up all the so called "sadbhavna yatra" cheerleaders (Sunil Dutt used to do it and now INC Seva Dal does it) along with a Union Minister leading them and detain/deport them from state? Under same pretexts too? Will 144 mean the end of political activity at the whim and fancy of ruling executive?

Should Punjab demand that no person of the family ever set foot in Punjab because of 1984 pogroms and the sentiments concerned? Where will this "senti" business end?

There is no way we can continue to function like life as usual after the entire fiasco in J&K. 26, January 2011 marks the return of 1975.

Added later:

Very interesting and delicate legal details emerging post-Yatra!

Ekta Yatra: BJP may initiate action against J&K govt
A fool who still believes in a fairy tale called constitution wrote:"Section 144 Cr PC was used to extern three leaders. They were kept in illegal confinement at the Jammu airport for six hours. Then they were physically abducted and taken outside Jammu and Kashmir

<snip>

The principal opposition also questioned how prohibitory order could used to confine a person for carrying the national flag on Republic Day.

<snip>

"The senior BJP leaders were in Jammu. Had they reached Srinagar, may be prohibitory orders could be taken against them. Why was Jammu declared a prohibitory zone?"

<snip>

The party has also taken note of the fact that JKLF leader Yasin Malik and his supporters were allowed to reach Lal Chowk (despite 144 in place,hmmm)in Srinagar before their arrest while this was not done in the case of BJP leaders.

<snip>

The "hijack" of a train carrying BJP supporters from Maharashtra - which was stopped at Ahmednagar and sent back-has also angered the party, which had chartered the train for Rs64 Lakh.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

This is OT but..

Pah! There was an India before Hindu. Look up Meluha sometime. The Hindu thought practiced in India today is Indian Hinduism. Bears little resemblance to the ancient culture it is derived from.

At most points in history the majority of Hindus lived out side modern India. Most with their own strains of culture. It is a tragedy of Hindu civilization in India that no memory of this persists. Too many small minds.
RamaY wrote:All the Buddhist cinverts were Hindus before. I know you can't call yourself a Hindu but that is fine. It is not false just because you don't believe.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Before asking any one to look up anything, you need to look up the words India and Hindu.

Once you learn that abc may be there would be any use talking to you.

Indian Hinduism?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But that is irrelevant, go and also look up the genetic data to see, whether Indians lived outside or outsiders once lived in India.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

I think we have indulged vina, somnath, theo, viv_s et al on this thread long enough. I really find it offensive that they indulge in illogical rhetoric and still are allowed to post away deraling the thread. They may be leaders in their respective fields, but that should not get into way for treating them like any other thread derailer.

To note: I worked with Kashmiri pandits and saw their squalid lives and the higher suicide rates among them. Denying them even a nary of verbal sympathy is for me an abuse and that coming from "respected" posters is cause for anguish. And in that regard it has taken a lot to keep my post civil.

My only request is to ignore their posts on this thread and not respond, giving them any more bandwidth is wrong.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Am locking the thread and start new thread. The new thread will not have artisan political discussion. Any transgression will invoke one step ban as alreay numerous warings were issued here.

Thanks for cooperation.

ramana