J&K News and Discussion-2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Re: J&K News and Discussion-2011

Post by deejay »

svenkat wrote:CRSji,
General Hasnain is beyond these criticisms. Your general-isation holds no meaning except to inflict slander on some one who has spent a lifetime proving just that. A lesser man would have given up. Let him be. J & K and India will be happy and one will see some super coordination between the Governor and GOI. One needs to understand very well that Doval Sa'ab and NaMo are far more fanatical about our country than even us jingos and they aren't making light choices. I was hoping he would get something more substantial. There are very few who have the 'leadership' that Gen Hasnain is blessed with. Well, this is a start, maybe later he will.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

hnairji,
i regret the rubbish i have posted.thanks for your indulgence.
Last edited by svenkat on 12 Oct 2014 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

J&K needs to be quadra-partitioned.
1. Jammu
2. Laddakh
3. Valley away from LOC
4. A 30-40 mile strip running parallel to LOC connecting #1 & #2.

#3 the valley will then be an island, cut from POK.

#4 will connect #1 and #2

It is in #4 that the resettlement program should happen. Ex-Soldiers, KPs who want to return etc.

The Central funding to the #3 valley should be reduced and spent on #1, #2 and #4.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

VikramS wrote:J&K needs to be quadra-partitioned.
1. Jammu
2. Laddakh
3. Valley away from LOC

It is in #4 that the resettlement program should happen. Ex-Soldiers, KPs who want to return etc.

The Central funding to the #3 valley should be reduced and spent on #1, #2 and #4.
This plan creates another "chicken's neck" and the perception of giving up KV.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

All this "calibrated response" and "BSF can fire at will" need to be changed to "wipe out Paki posts and shift the LOC each time". Hopefully that has already happened. Why should the Pakis be allowed to return to fortified border posts after each incident? Put in the forces and take the fortified posts (or what is left of them). The news reports now speak of a media blackout in TSP, plus severe damage to infrastructure and force deployment points, suggesting that the VFI has read BRF gyaan on this much-debated issue since 1999 :mrgreen: . That is the right response, but the LOC needs to be pushed a couple of kilometers for each week of continuing "tenshun" so that eventually, Indian villages are out of range of Paki artillery. Let the PA explain to their Parliament why it not possible anymore to vijit within 40 km of former LOC any more, and let PA have to shoot from unprepared positions, so their losses spike.

I think the time is right for a complete demoralization of the PA, leading to a complete sweep of PA HQ. Maybe that will bring down the Paki guvrmand and put the ISIP in charge, which would serve the West Poonjabis right. That should be good enough to push for the division of TSP into 5 and a Final Solution of the Pakistan Problem.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

LOC cannot be shifted with 82 mm mortars. When Modi said situation will come back to normal in a few days, he did the right thing. The pot need to be kept boiling but not spilling over.

The idea is show the intrnational community that India has a strng govt who will not tolerate any nonsense, this will lead to more +ve sentiment and will stabilize the borders.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Why not use precision air strikes in retaliation for cross-border shelling? Is the IAF so weak compared to PAF?

This cr*p has been going on for what? 67 years? I think the only solution is if the LOC reaches the Indus / Durand line.

I don't understand why the LOC can't be shifted. The LOC is only valid if the ceasefire that established it, holds. Otherwise, the issue is who has CONTROL, it is not the IB after all.

Say there is Paki shelling in XYZ area. Use the excuse to focus massive artillery bombardment to clear minefields, then move the forces across and occupy several posts? Is there such an equal balance of forces at the LOC?

GOTSP has to be able to point out to the PA that the result of PA's activities is a 500 sq. km loss.

The issue seems to be that the GOI is not willing to risk war, while the PA may not mind it at all. That is a baaaaad situation to be in, and it has to be reversed.
member_23365
BRFite

Post by member_23365 »

^^^^
UBji, I am not sure how they tackle enemies in Mongolia but in Haryana it is told to keep the enemy divided. As per my thoughts this calibrated response is fine.
Earlier whenever we have tried to escalate, whole STFUP got united and shouted against India(Hindoos) but not this time.
Let alone mango abdul non of the major political partied are behind TFTAs. They are enjoying TFTAs asses being whipped. Even Im the Dimm just gave some soundbytes.
I am not saying that in future we should not escalate or shift LOC but for now this strategy of firing 10 rounds against their one seems to be working.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

In fact we should tell Pakis that we are helping NS to gain upper hand against army and hammer PA some more. A sanitized border where Pakis stay atleast a mile away is the solution.
Next time if Pakis again violate ceasefire, bring few big berthas and obliterate PA deep inside the territory right upto Sialkot.
PA anyways is pretty shameless. They would bomb FATA and declare victory rather than face Indian troops like men. I still wonder why firing along Jammu Border when the main route for infliteration is near Poonch,Rajouri and Kashmir LOC.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Perhaps trying for more attacks like Kaluchak. Also majority of people in this area are Hindus.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

IF possible , India should try to make few undeclared killing zones for Paki with small changes here and there on LOC. From time to time let Paki take control of the Zone and then suddenly do the Cleaning job and wait for next batch to show up. The initiative now not be wasted but to keep Paki off balance where they spend most of their short life span trying to keep their Mush Salamat.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

How is Mere Wise doing now? And that terrorist who was rescued from floods and bit the hand?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Shekhar Gupta ‏@ShekharGupta 50m50 minutes ago

At least listen to thinking cavalry-man @ajaishukla .AFSPA no 'Izzat ka sawal', phased dilution needed for calmer J&K http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 280_1.html
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:
Shekhar Gupta ‏@ShekharGupta 50m50 minutes ago

At least listen to thinking cavalry-man @ajaishukla .AFSPA no 'Izzat ka sawal', phased dilution needed for calmer J&K http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 280_1.html
These days one wonders whether cavalry man shooklaw is sitting on the horse or the horse is sitting on cavalry man shooklaw. Either way, the horse's ass is clearly visible.
member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

Mani Shankar Liar has spoketh. Let us all bow our heads for a minute of silence to show respects to the Pigs slaughtered by IA.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/opinion/man ... topstories
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

I think taking some of the border posts is a good idea. My chaiwala information is that, except for a few posts most of the Indian positions in the IB are well chosen. So moving them is not the smartest thing to do. LC on the other hand has potential posts that we can take. I think the next escalation point will be to expand the scope of our offensive into areas that we see fit. In that case few of the good posts could be taken easily. Given that there is media blackout. Even DDM is not focusing on the right information. We can easily keep it quiet.

Problems I hear as of now is that the intelligence infrastructure, especially the human element is not yet conducive to a more aggressive stance. NSA Doval and team are working on getting that right. Once that is in place, then I am sure Jingo crowd will be happy. Regarding the nuclear blackmail, India already has a robust plan to deal with it. While no one will publicly acknowledge it, Paki brotherhood including their uncles and aunties know this very well. The only mystery will be why MMS and co acted so cautiously last few years. My guess will be policy paralysis. But there can also be a potential mole at the highest level working for Paki interests in the DM and PMO. One nice observation we all should see today is there is no usual leaks in the media.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The best hint is that all the squealing is coming from Pindi. The reports of PA hiding inside villages is almost like the Mukti Bahini days - total Indian inaction and innocence of course, but PA rapists gradually forced to hide inside cantonments at night out of sheer fear. Of the totally unarmed, timid sdre bengalis. :eek:
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

prahaar wrote:
VikramS wrote:J&K needs to be quadra-partitioned.
1. Jammu
2. Laddakh
3. Valley away from LOC

This plan creates another "chicken's neck" and the perception of giving up KV.
#4 will be between LOC and #3.
#3 will be an island. Don't know the exact cartographic details but the red oval captures my idea of #3.

PS: Looking at the amount of area lost in the Northern Areas and Gilgit, I do wonder what Nehru used to smoke...
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the STFUP thread.

Retired Uniformed Jihadi of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Brigadier Shaukat Qadir spins grand conspiracy story behind India’s robust reaction to Pakistani provocations while claiming he does not believe in conspiracy theories. Qadir spins a conspiracy story that India is supposed to be in cahoots with Imran Khan and Tahir ul Qadri to stop P.R.Chinese investments and economic recovery in the Islamic Republic while going on to claim he does believe in conspiracy theories despite spinning one. :-? :lol: :
While I am not a conspiracy-theorist, I am also not a believer in coincidences. Certainly not in too many of them. It is too much to believe that all this came together by coincidence.

Just as Pakistan is gaining ground in its largest military operation against the Taliban and seems to be ready to begin a slight economic recovery and receive investments from China, Imran Khan and Tahir Ul Qadri arrived in Islamabad to create a distraction and ensure that the economic recovery stalled.

India also cancelled the secretary-level talks that it had sought. Then it followed that development with unnecessarily aggressive statements and, finally, it has been heating up the LOC.

There has to be method in this apparent madness. But is there a hidden hand behind the scene that is coordinating these coincidences? I don’t know, but I am beginning to believe that there might be.
The National:

Kashmir: Any ‘distraction’ could be catastrophic for Pakistan
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

VikramS wrote: Image

PS: Looking at the amount of area lost in the Northern Areas and Gilgit, I do wonder what Nehru used to smoke...
It was not some smoking, but the British were very keen that India does not have direct access to Central Asia, thats the reason why the Wakan corridor exists.

Due to closeness of Nehru, Krishna Menon etc. they ensured that British interest were protected. It may not have been in Indian interests. Today's followers of Nehruvian thought are also similarly Governed by Foreign Interests and not Indian interests. Thats why say a David Milliband wants to see the Real India- they immediately oblige and personally accompany.

The British and west were very keen that India does not advance further once Pakis were losing the war, the Pakis had been kicked out of the Valley and Leh for 2 reasons.

1) India should have direct access to Central Asia and Afganistan

2) That India should not come too close to GHQ Rawalpindi, the central command of the Pakistani Army which would make it too vulnerable.

To protect these interests the Indian leadership which was close too them was convinced to go the UN. Even in 1965 and after 1971 the Indian leadership had a soft corner for Pakis and they were allowed to keep far more territory than they deserved.

No such pressure has ever been put on China for the illegal occupation of Askai Chin.
dada
BRFite

Post by dada »

Aditya_V

I can see a pattern emerging from this discussion. I think the ferocious massacre of hindus/sikhs (all non muslims except christians) in Rawalpindi region in March 1947 was a trigger event to bring the entire area around GHQ under british control (aka US control later). Also note that the initial COAS of pakistan army were all british officers who helped stabilised the post partition system. Our Leaders totally lacked this geo-political perspective. The role of Mountbatten in encouraging Nehru to take the issue to UN & keeping the no-nonsense & more clear headed Sardar Patel out of Kashmir issue must be seen in that perspective.

Other issue is the rehabilitation of thousands of Mirpuris (in UK ) in 1950s-1960s. Considerable data is available on Involvement of WB,IMF, US & UK Governments in the construction of Tarbela / Mangala Dams after the signing of IWT (which was extraordinarily pro-pk ).

So the core issue was to keep India cutoff from direct access with USSR (now Russia). Just as Mumbai islands were inherited by Britishers from the Portugese, USA seems to have inherited Pk from Britishers with all its attendant issues.

BTW, do we have any literature that throws light on Sardar Patel's view on the emerging Indo-Russian relationship ?. His view of China is known to all.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Next logical step of haramis in Kashmir will be kidnapping and beheading of IA,BSF of local police jawan..........to get maximum publicity and pee on feet of BJP. We have to work fast and grab these flag owners before they do something. JMT
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Happy Diwali J&K!!!!
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

This is enlightening. Because this is a good collection of "aam aadmi" reactions in the flood-hit Kashmir, even if it is collected by this rabid pro-Paki paper out of Srinagar.

What strikes me here is the total, and the very aggressive, sense of entitlement as expressed by these aam aadmi insects.

They are convinced that they have "India" by the balls, and that they can make demands for being made whole, without shame. They have zero appreciation that if they have to be made whole, then some poor postal worker in TN, and some poor plantation worker in Assam, and some poor diamond and textile runner in Surat paid money and taxes in order to make them whole.

But all the same, it is good that these insects are placed under bright lights...

Whom will Modi meet?
Flood victims unaware of his itinerary
ABID MF'ER BASHIR
Srinagar, Oct 22: The news that Prime Minister Narendera Modi is coming to Kashmir on Diwali to express solidarity with the flood victims has spread like a wild fire in the ravaged Kashmir. However, majority of the victims, who lost their homes in the devastating deluge don’t know who would meet Modi as they haven’t received any formal communiqué from the administration.

“I have no information about Modi’s arrival,” says Zaina Begum, who lost her house and is living in a tin-shed at Frestbal, area of Saffron Town of Pampore. “I should have been invited for the function where Modi is scheduled to interact with us. Nobody from our area has been invited.” said Zaina, whose house has turned into a rubble.

“I had no option other than to postpone the marriages of my daughter and son as I lost everything to floods. I want to meet Modi once, if possible tomorrow. I would tell him that my husband died four years ago and I am the only hope for my children. I would demand for the reconstruction of house so that we don’t have to spend winter in a tin shed.”

Sitting besides Zaina, was the Ghulam Ahmed Wani, whose house was completely damaged in the devastating floods that struck Kashmir on September 7. “Government should have invited at least 10 people from every area where floods wrecked havoc. Everybody knows that Pampore bore the brunt. To my knowledge nobody has been invited from our area.”

He said the present government has already failed to ensure relief and rehabilitation post-floods. “I can tell you with authority that there is a huge bungling in the relief distribution. We received peanuts, rest went to the ministers, legislators and officials,” said Wani.

At Rajbagh, a young shopkeeper, Irshad Lone was cleaning the muck from the shop. “See, this is my third wash, the slush is refusing to vanish. I lost goods worth Rs 25 lakhs. I heard that Modi is celebrating Diwali with flood hit people, but there is no intimation, or the advertisement where and how he would meet people,” he said. “Why this ambiguity. Who is behind this all? If it is the JK government, then I am sure it would not be a meeting between Modi and flood hit people, but a stage managed show.”
http://greaterkashmir.com/news/2014/Oct ... et--51.asp
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

jrjrao wrote:This is enlightening. Because this is a good collection of "aam aadmi" reactions in the flood-hit Kashmir, even if it is collected by this rabid pro-Paki paper out of Srinagar.

What strikes me here is the total, and the very aggressive, sense of entitlement as expressed by these aam aadmi insects.

They are convinced that they have "India" by the balls, and that they can make demands for being made whole, without shame. They have zero appreciation that if they have to be made whole, then some poor postal worker in TN, and some poor plantation worker in Assam, and some poor diamond and textile runner in Surat paid money and taxes in order to make them whole.
This is the Muslim sense of entitlement when living in darul-ul-harab -- it is visible in US, Europe and Australia too. There are constant demands imposed on the unbelievers to give Muslims privileged treatment and favours. (When this privileged treatment is denied, Muslims project it as their "persecution.") Demanding money from infidels to lead a good life without doing an honest days' work is a kind of indirect Jaziya they impose when in minority.

Poor labourers and workers all over India will pay taxes which will be used by Govt. of India to build Muslim houses, pay salary to Imams, renovate mosques, pay for Haj tickets, pay allowance to get Muslim women married, pay compensation to Muslims whenever they are hurt, mandatory Halal meat in canteens, separate space in offices for prayers, conducting namaz on busy public roads, Kashmir getting highest amount in central grants compared to any other state ... this is all indirect Jazia and privileged treatment. The philosophy is: "Infidels need to work to finance our lifestyle when we are in minority; when we get majority, they need to supply us their women too."

Muslims have always been a parasitic, rent-seeking class since Prophet's days. They can only be dealt with firmness. In the UK, some "south Asian" Muslims wanted to play the same game. They went to Thatcher with a long list of demands for privileged treatment (like they do in India). She shooed them back, saying "This is not India!"
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

The population of J&K is less than that of Mumbai. The area of J&K (excluding areas occupied by Pakistan and China) is, at about 222K sq km, more than double that of South Korea which is around 100K sq km, and about 368 times that of Mumbai.

It is not complicated for the state of India to make this self-absorbed fraction of citizens to see things differently. Every opportunity that is offered to other Indians is on offer, including that which is currently only available to a minority of people in the world and to a miniscule minority of their counterparts in faith (democracy). Additionally, they have special constitutional facilities and a degree of attention to their economic needs that no other Indian gets.

They should be particularly cautious about their choices, going forward.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

From militancy victim to flood-hit farmers, people line up to meet Modi
Her husband disappeared during peak of militancy, Misra Asha, a resident of Boatman Colony Bemina in Srinagar, walked more than 10 km on foot and argued with security personnel at every barricade to meet prime minister Narendra Modi on Thursday.

Asha claims her one-storey house was washed away by floods on September 7. "My son was injured while saving stranded people. I have no money to buy medicine for him. This government failed to help rebuild house. I pin hope on Modi ji. He will listen to us," said Asha.

Asha is among a dozen people who reached Srinagar's Raj Bhawan, crossing security barricades, to have an audience with the prime minister. Many are waiting since morning to meet the prime minister. "I am feeling very hungry. But will meet Modi ji," she added.

From fruit growers to fathers of unemployed youth to flood victims, hopes run high among the people reaching the governor's house.

"Buyers outside the state have stopped buying apples from us. They allege these are flood-affected crops. I request Modi ji to assure people outside that the fruit is genuine," said Farooq Ahmad, a resident of Harwan. Ahmad, a farmer, finds it difficult to find decent market for his apple and pear orchards, which were not affected by floods.

Abdul Ghani, in his 60s, have travelled from Pulwama district to Srinagar, to meet Modi. "My son is an MBA in Finance and unemployed. I have faith in Modi. I have lost my farmland to floods but if I get audience with Modi he will handed over a job. I have no faith in this government," said Ghani.

A number of farmers have come with applications, families with details of damaged houses and business centres to seek relief and compensation from the prime minister.

J-K flood-hit expect 'genuine' relief package

There is an eerie calm on Srinagar's streets due to the shutdown calls by separatists, but many flood-affected areas are abuzz with people expressing what they expect from Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the state.

"Our house was completely damaged in the floods. It has been more than 45 days we have not received any money to reconstruct our house. The state government categorically tells us that they are waiting for the Centre's funds," said Mushtaq Bukhari, a resident of Ikhrajpora.

Bukhari expects the Prime Minister to announce a "genuine" relief package. "The package should commensurate our damages. The state government is offering me Rs. 75,000 for the loss of more than Rs. 45 lakh. How can I reconstruct my house?" asked Bukhari.

Around 400 houses were damaged in Jawahar Nagar, Rajbagh and Gogjibah localities of this upmarket colony.

"We welcome Modi's gesture. It will be a fruitful visit if he assess the situation post-floods and responds to it positively," said Muhammaf Yousuf, resident of flood-affected area of Wazirbagh.

The Prime Minister is likely to face anxious and exhausted people at Shivpora area where the stink, poor roads and non-availability of electricity even 45 days after the floods have forced people to migrate to other locations.

"Everyone has failed us. This government failed to rescue us. It has been more than a month but there is no relief from reconstruction and rehabilitation,"
said Basheer Ahmad, a resident of Shivpora.

The PM is likely to drive around in flood-affected areas of uptown Srinagar later in the day.

The valley's business community, which is staring at Rs. 33,000 crore losses, has asked the Prime Minister to declare income tax holiday for 10 years.

"There should be immediate assessment of losses of all sectors by Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery, a world bank entity. We demand declaring of J-K as a free economic zone," said Mubeen Shah, a member of the State Economic Reconstruction Forum, a joint body of the trading community of Kashmir.

He said the PM should include Srinagar as one of the smart cities being built in the country. The SERF claims there are more than Rs. one lakh crore loss to the valley due to floods.

The state government has sought a relief package of Rs. 44,000 crore from the Centre. "We demand that the losses should be compensated through relief and banking sector so that Kashmir rises again," said Shah
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

In continuation of above

Modi in Srinagar reviews flood relief work, Omar appeals for urgent aid package
Prime Minister, Narender Modi arrived in Srinagar on Thursday afternoon on a day-long visit to the state to assess the damages caused by recent floods and review the pace of relief and rehabilitation process.

At the airport, the Prime Minister was received by Governor, NN Vohra, chief minister Omar Abdullah, members of his council of ministers besides senior officers of civil, military and police.

Soon after his arrival, the prime minister held a meeting with the officers of state government where he reviewed the relief and rehabilitation process undertaken by the state government.

The prime minister had one-to-one meeting with Omar Abdullah in which the chief minister briefed him on the gigantic challenge of reconstructing Jammu and Kashmir and rehabilitating the flood affected families.

He also emphasized the need of early sanctioning of the comprehensive special rehabilitation programme recommended by the state government to the Centre.

The prime minister also had a separate meeting with the top officers of the State in which Governor NN Vohra and chief minister Omar Abdullah also participated..

The officers of the state Government presented detailed account of work done by the State Government on relief and rehabilitation front. They also identified the needs of the State for recovery, rehabilitation ad reconstruction of the public infrastructure.

Modi's visit was celebrated by BJP workers who gathered in the hear of the city to welcome him, even as shops and business establishments remained closed because of a bandh call by separatists.

Dozens of BJP supporters, including women, held a parade from Sher-e-Kashmir Park to Pratap Park in the heart of the city, shouting slogans in support of Modi.

“I am very happy that Modiji has come to celebrate Diwali with us. It's a great gesture and we welcome it. Only he can improve situation in Kashmir and do something for the flood-affected,” BJP leader Altaf Thakur said.

Party workers praised Modi for the special attention he is giving to Kashmir. This is the prime minister's fourth visit to the state since he came to power in May this year. The previous visit was on September 7, during the devastating floods in the state.

BJP supporters had initially decided to burst firecrackers inside Pratap Park but later decided against it to keep the celebrations austere.

After his visit to Siachen to spend time with soldiers on Diwali, Prime Minister Modi landed in Srinagar to meet victims of the recent floods in Jammu and Kashmir.

A special plane carrying Modi landed at the technical area of Srinagar airport around 2.10pm where he was received by governor N.N. Vohra, chief minister Omar Abdullah and senior ministers.

All leading political parties except Congress are scheduled to meet visiting prime minister Narendra Modi at Raj Bhawan on Thursday afternoon.

"We are not meeting the prime minister. We were asked, but we have decided not to meet," senior Congress leader and MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga told the Hindustan Times.

Opposition People's Democratic Party (PDP) delegation is scheduled to meet at 2pm after the ruling National Conference's meeting with the prime minister.

"Relief and rehabilitation of flood affected people are high on agenda. The prime minister should get a first-hand account what winter means in Kashmir," said PDP spokesman Naeem Akhtar. The party has prepared an agenda paper to be presented before the prime minister.

The National Conference is likely to pitch for Rs. 44,000 crore package submitted by chief minister Omar Abdullah to the Centre. Chief minister will also share a report on floods and its aftermath with the prime minister.

BJP sources told the HT that the PM has asked for a comprehensive report on flood situation in the state from the state government.

Many smaller groups, Shia organisation and civil society groups are scheduled to meet the prime minister.

The prime minister's decision to celebrate Diwali in the valley comes in the backdrop of devastating floods of September. The unprecedented floods, that hit the valley after a century, killed over 200 and rendered hundreds homeless.

Modi visit mere optics, says Mirwaiz

Moderate separatist leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq meanwhile criticised the Modi government for `not undertaking any rehabilitation work in the valley'

Speaking to HT from his Hazratbal residence, where he remained under house arrest on Diwali day, Mirwaiz Umar said `` BJP led government has neither announced any package for the flood victims nor is allowing any international aid to come to the valley. Either they should help out the flood affected in a big way or allow international aid to come in''.

``So the visit is mere optics, that too aimed more at people in India than Kashmir''. Mirwaiz said the Prime Minister did not `bother to even address the Kashmiri people on Eid''.

``When he first visited the valley in September, Modi called the floods national calamity but they haven't even declared it as so officially,'' he added .

The moderate Hurriyat chairman was placed under house detention in the morning fearing that he was planning an anti-Modi rally in downtown Srinagar.

Mirwaiz-led Awami Action Committee was involved in relief and rescue during the floods. The organisation is now building 100 houses across the valley at an estimated cost of Rs. 5.2 lakhs each.

``We had asked people to give application and are getting the applications reviewed by masjid committees. We will be starting the constructions soon,'' Mirwaiz said.

Mirwaiz however did not support the shutdown call given by hardline hurriyat . ``We did not want a shutdown as our non-Muslim brothers and sisters have to celebrate Diwali,'' he said.

Meanwhile chief minister Omar Abdullah criticised the separatists for their hartal call.``If we down the shutters of shops on his arrival and then expect relief from Prime Minister . I think it's mere hypocrisy,'' Abdullah told a news channel.
No Mention of details of Rs 745 Cr package by HT. One thing is clear that Omar is on his way out. PDP and Congis have not gained much traction. Now it is for NaMo to fill the void by answering to genuine requests by providing relief directly to the flood affected.
he has announced Rs 175 cr for 6 Hospitals, medicines etc
he has announced more than 570 cr for reconstruction of damaged housed to be given to affected persons' bank account via DBT.
He has also asked Note books and Books etc to be give immediately to school going children so that studies are not affected.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... t-1230-pm/

PM Modi announced Rs 570 crore for renovation of houses damaged by floods in the state. He also announced Rs 175 crore for renovation of six major hospitals affected by floods. Earlier in the day, he met soldiers posted on the heights of Siachen Glacier to send the message that all Indians stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them. Here are the highlights:

Here are the LIVE updates:

# PM Narendra Modi holds meeting with J&K governor and officials

# PM also announces Rs 175 crore for renovation of six major hospitals affected by floods in Jammu and Kashmir.

# PM Narendra Modi announces Rs 570 crore for renovation of houses damaged by floods in Jammu and Kashmir.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

chaanakya wrote:In continuation of above

Modi in Srinagar reviews flood relief work, Omar appeals for urgent aid package

The National Conference is likely to pitch for Rs. 44,000 crore package submitted by chief minister Omar Abdullah to the Centre. Chief minister will also share a report on floods and its aftermath with the prime minister.
44,000 crore package.

A"Bad"Ullu can send it to Londonistan to build a palace and move in with Nidhi Razdan I suppose.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Omar bhai took a selfie with a broom and tweeted about his clean-up campaign.

I tweeted first time were are seeing Omarbhai do some real work. And to put some muscle to it.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Kashmir University has the best name for a students' union :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/KUSUnion/status/525643182638260225
In view of #27OctBlackDay, KUSU started a black day campaign in campus from today wherein on the 1st day of this... http://fb.me/3ojQ9nCyj
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Non Tamizh won't get the joke.

Kusu== Mosquitoes
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Eh kusu is fart. Kosu is mosquito
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Much worse.
:D
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

saravana wrote:Kashmir University has the best name for a students' union :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/KUSUnion/status/525643182638260225
In view of #27OctBlackDay, KUSU started a black day campaign in campus from today wherein on the 1st day of this... http://fb.me/3ojQ9nCyj
What they call Srinagar University Student Union? :P
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

http://www.niticentral.com/2014/10/24/i ... 41890.html
ISIS brutalities remind of Hindu killings in Kashmir
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

this is how KM treat the Kashmiri hindus who have returned to Kashmir. No KM can find his voice to condemn such cowardly acts- and then they talk of kashmiriyat. Incidentally this is the 5 th such instance
Stone-throwing at Pandits’ colonies on Diwali condemned
Citizens for Peace and Harmony (CPH) has taken a strong note of alleged stone-throwing by miscreants at Kashmiri Pandits colonies at Hawal, Pulwama, Kashmir, on Diwali night, which houses employees engaged under the Prime Minister’s employment package.

In a statement issued here by CPH president, King Bharati, the organisation condemned the stone-throwing incident and castigated the state government and the local administration for failing to secure the employees despite being the fifth incident in the colony.

Bharati who met a delegation of Hawal Kashmiri Pandit colony residents, who are serving in the Valley under the Prime Minister’s Special Employment package for Kashmiri Migrants, expressed concern over the casual approach of the state government over such incidents saying the employees have submitted a memorandum to the Relief Commissioner Migrants at Jammu to take immediate steps to prevent such incidents.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2014/20141025/j&k.htm#8
dada
BRFite

Post by dada »

** Deleted **
Last edited by SSridhar on 25 Oct 2014 16:07, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: User warned