J&K News and Discussion-2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion-2011

Post by CRamS »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

NaMo has been very clear no talks if TSP talks to Hurrirats. They keep whining about it.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Sameer "who is he" Kaul quitting PDP for not able to defend Terrorists..Beyond Dhimmitude [/quote]
Srinagar: National spokesperson of ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) Sameer Kaul has resigned from the party alleging that the regional party had compromised on its stated principles.
Dr Sameer Kaul resigned as PDP spokesperson. Image Courtesy: Twitter

"I feel in some respects it doesn't match my political philosophy and Kashmiriyat and therefore I am compelled to be myself and withdraw from participation in this party with immediate effect," Kaul, a leading oncologist, said on Monday.

Kaul, who was with the PDP for more than three years, said, "I would request the party leadership to understand my point of view and accept my resignation forthwith."

"When I joined PDP, I had the dream of a new Kashmir with new stakeholders, fresh ideas, honest politics and apolitical governance.

"But the moment opportunism of sharing power with the BJP succeeded, I was disappointed because all the stated principles of the creation of PDP were straightforwardly compromised," he said.

Kaul also expressed displeasure over what he termed as "robbing" the separatists of their agenda by the PDP.
"Despite the manufactured distraction provided by instances of flood threat and Indo-Pak talks, I certainly feel the core values of this party are up for sale. I also felt sad about robbing of agenda of various Hurriyat parties who have their own political turf which needs to be respected.

"Misappropriation of neighbours, according to me, is a political misdemeanour," he added.

Kaul said it is all about "the pied piper singing a different tune and trying to befool the people in a different way."

"Also, the fact that despite assurances to me about empowering of KP community and other minorities, that the whole thing was thrown into the dustbin, was especially disheartening," he said, adding "perhaps it had something to do with embracing the ultra-right."
Where is WTF icon when you need it..
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

amitkv Ji, Is it neccessary to post tweets here which are demeaning to Indian Army ?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

rohiths wrote:Pakistan policy was going fine. Post Obama visit it has changed. Looks like some hard arm twisting from US led to the change. Its pretty obvious
Ever since I was a school boy, I have heard this. India was arm twisted by someone. Can anyone elaborate what arm twisting America can do?
1. Send more EJs
2. Sanctions
3. More custodial rapes of Indian diplomats in USA
4. ?

What way was India arm twisted this time around?
gunjur
BRFite

Post by gunjur »

Gunjur wrote:Image

* This coalition is only for governance in JnK(developmental issues) and not a political one, else pdp would be in nda by now.
Yesterday ram madhav told in bengaluru that coalition with pdp is only for JnK govt for development of JnK and not a political one, where pdpd will join nda. But there are reports that mehabooba mufti will join union govt.

PM Modi to appoint Mehbooba Mufti to council of ministers
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to expand his council of ministers to include a key leader from the restive Kashmir region, sources said, as he looks to win the support of allies to push economic reforms through parliament.(How many seats does pdp have in rajya sabha?? Or is it that seeing a "sickular" party voting along with govt will others follow??)

Mehbooba Mufti, daughter of Jammu and Kashmir chief minister and president of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which governs in the region alongside Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), will be inducted into the 65-member council, two sources with knowledge of the matter said.

Modi is expected to announce the changes - his second reshuffle of the executive body since he stormed to power last May - before he departs for an overseas trip on April 8, the sources said.

The BJP made history in February when it formed a surprise coalition in Jammu and Kashmir with the PDP, the first time the Hindu nationalist party has had a role in governing the Muslim-majority state that is the centre of a long-running revolt against Indian rule.

The PDP's decision last month to release from prison a leading figure in that revolt angered opposition politicians and embarrassed Modi just as he is struggling to get key pieces of his economic reform agenda passed in parliament.

That includes a controversial bill to change land acquisition rules, which has been held up in the upper house where Modi's party lacks a majority.

Kashmir is claimed by both India and Pakistan and the nuclear-armed neighbours have fought two wars over the contested region since 1947.

Unlike Modi's party, the PDP supports self-rule for the region.

Among several other expected changes to the council, Modi will also induct a representative from the Shiv Sena, the BJP's coalition partner in Maharashtra, one of the sources said.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

KASHMIR THE UNKNOWN DISTORTED FACTS
SEPARATISM Vs THE TRUTH OF SEPARATISTS
SEPARATIST CONTROL ONLY 5 DISTRICTS == 15% OF JAMMU, KASHMIR & LADHAK AND THEY ARE SUNNIS MUSLIMS.
THE SHEITIES, SUFIS, HINDUS, BUDDHISTS AND CHRISTIANS ARE NOT SEPARATISTS
NDTV CNN IBN AND MANY INDIAN PRESSES DO NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW THESE FACTS WHY?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... ss-leader/

A senior functionary suggested on Monday that separatism was restricted to only “five districts” of Jammu & Kashmir that comprise

“Kashmiri-speaking Sunni Muslims”—a category that includes former CM Omar Abdullah and PDP’s Mehbooba Mufti among others.

“Two of the three regions of J&K are not Muslim majority areas. 85,000 square kilometres are not…When you talk of separatism, there haven’t been any protests against India in this 85 per cent area till date,”

Arun Kumar was speaking at a seminar on ‘Parliament’s Unanimous Resolution on Jammu & Kashmir 22 February, 1994’.

“There’s only one section of community—Kashmiri-speaking Sunni Muslims. I often ask channels, media, even common people that when you see a TV debate on Kashmir, who do you see? Omar Abdullah, Mehbooba Mufti, Yasin Malik, Shabbir Shah, Gilani, Asiya Andrabi, Lone.

Who are these people? There’s an area in Jammu & Kashmir comprising five districts where there is a section of community, Kashmiri-speaking Sunni Muslims. All of them are from there,”

He then said that J&K has around 12 per cent Shia Muslims, around 12-14 per cent Gujjar Muslims and around eight per cent Pahadi Rajput Muslims, Sufis Christians, Buddhists and Hindus none of these communities had any separatist leaders

and the press never invites them to appear on their program WHY?

“When Afzal Guru was hanged, the media made it appear as if the entire state was out on the streets. The reality was that out of 22 districts, there was not a single demonstration in 17 districts and only five districts faced mild demonstrations,”

He added: “Poonch has 90 per cent Muslims but this district is doinated by powerful Sikhs, Kargil has 90 per cent Muslims, Kargil city has more than 99 per cent Muslims but there was not a single protest in those areas. Our perception about J&K is that a battle between nationalism and separatism is going on for past 68 years. Nationalism has neither lost nor it will, because in most areas of the state, majority of the people are nationalists”.

Kumar also said there is no dispute over J&K and the only issue relating to the state is “how to get back areas that are under the occupation of Pakistan and China”. “There is no dispute over Jammu & Kashmir.The creation of Ladhak is a must . It is like any other state in the country,” he added.

Terming separatism, dispute and autonomy as three myths associated with the state, Kumar said the common perception is that J&K is a separatist state. “This is because J&K is perceived first as just Kashmir — a Kashmir which is a Muslim Kashmir, a Muslim Kashmir which is a separatist Kashmir…basically a Kashmir where Indian tricolor is burnt down and Pakistan’s flag is unfurled only in five districts,” The State should be considered as one entity like Jammu (with maximum of the ground area), Ldakh and only thereafter Kashmir.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Anantha Krishnan M ‏@writetake 24m24 minutes ago >

#TA4JK Govt sanctions raising of 3 Engineer Territorial Army #TA Units for J&K. 1/3
#TA4JK Two of these units will be raised for Kashmir and one for Jammu region. 2/3
#TA4JK The recruitment process for more than 1200 vacancies will commence shortly. 3/3
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

J&K: Mufti government makes U-turn on townships for Kashmiri Pandits
Facing flak from opposition parties and separatists, Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday made a U-turn on the controversial plans for composite townships in the Valley for displaced Kashmiri Pandits, saying they would be settled at their native places and "not as an isolated community".

The PDP-BJP Government on Tuesday had assured the Centre that it will soon acquire and provide land at the earliest for creating "composite townships" for displaced Kashmiri migrants in the Valley. The assurance was given by Chief Minister Mufti Mohammed Sayeed when he called on Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Delhi for the first time after taking oath on March one.

uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

If Kashmiri Pandits who are the natives of the land cannot reside in J&K, Abolish article 370 and let people live wherever they want. This time article 370 must go.
If J&K is India, then it cannot be treated like Pakistan for Indians. There must be no separation whatsoever. Also time to get back POK
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Independent MLA of the Jammu & Kashmir Assembly by name of Rashid faults Non Mohammaddens Hindu Pandits driven out of their ancestral lands in the Kashmir Valley by targeted Mohammadden violence and demands they make “unconditional apology” to the Mohammaddens of the Kashmir Valley for succumbing to targeted Mohammadden violence and fleeing their ancestral Kashmir Valley home.:

Let pandits apologize for their migration: Rashid

Twitter reaction to this twisted piece of logic that makes Mohammadden perpetrators of atrocities against Non-Mohammadden become the victims and then makes the Non Mohammadden victims as the ones being at fault, can be seen here:

Twitter at DimwitRashid
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Here we go again. :roll:

How do you deal with such a large number of fifth columnists who have an irrational hatred for the very country they live in?
Police fired tear gas shells and caned stone-pelting protestors on Friday as violence erupted on the streets of Srinagar barely hours after top separatist leader Masarat Alam was arrested in the latest face-off between pro-Pakistani groups and the government in the restive state.

Alam was arrested on Friday morning ahead of a proposed rally in south Kashmir’s Tral, a day after he — and another separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani — was placed under house arrest for allegedly raising anti-national slogans during a rally in Srinagar where Pakistan flags were also displayed.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 38076.aspx
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

Travel Channel - Breaking Borders: Kashmir

Who gives these idiots permission to tape these "fixed matches" in India?
It was disgusting to watch and had to force myself to keep to it without throwing up!

Referendum? What the f)ck - Had half a mind to tweet this to Ms. Fair :mrgreen: :evil:

PS: Agreed it is Travel Channel - so whose father what goes... but it is down right contra-factual and "fixed"
Worse was the "pro-India" weasels who never speak up against the venom by Yaseen Ballick!
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

The one thing this one sided "journalistic/cooking" journey in Kashmir does show is the true colors of some of the Kashmiri players and their henchmen... and the sheer ignorance of the subject matter and lack of depth in reporting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSToFvwD_Y
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

PranayJi, it also shows how pompous liberals western toadies can be when covering an issue in which they are not one of the protagonists. I wonder of these same well-fed, well-sexed dimwits will give the same equal coverage to Al Queda or ISI or Iran on NK. And will there travel channel or whoever even fund it.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

There is a hint that this is indirectly engineered by the congress party.
There is a congress supporter among the protesters and it's Agnivesh.
He is the same Agnivesh who penetrated the Anna's anti-corruption movement and leaked details of the agitation to the Congress Kapil Sibal and even called Anna Pagal Hathi or Mad elephant
http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/r ... 252-3.html

The congress hand is surely there.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Balwaristan thread.

Meanwhile in Islamic Republic of Pakistan occupied Gilgit-Baltistan, Taller than Himalaya’s, Deeper than Indian Ocean, Sweeter than Honey, Iron Brother, the Peoples Republic of China largesse is not appreciated by the freedom yearning Balwaristanis.

Senge Hasnan Sering, President of the Institute for Gilgit-Baltistan Studies besides views on P.R. Chinese trade and investment, views on Oppression by the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, how things are better in Jammu and Kashmir than in Pakistan Occupied J&K and yearning of the Balti’s to be liberated and rejoin India:
Many hardliners opposed to India in J&K try to show things as being better on the other side

I can't comment on what they say but nothing's further from the truth. People of GB want what Indian Kashmiris have -- membership of parliament, special status, democratic rights, right to choose our own government, etc. Even pro-Pakistani leaders, talk about how Indian Kashmiris have both special status and benefits of Indian judicial, political and economic institutions.

So how does the average local from GB see this as?

The people in GB are tired of being treated like Pakistan's colony. It uses our resources but doesn't give any rights to locals. Forget rights, persecution fills us with fear. Even the mention of creating special enclaves for Kashmiri Pandits has led to so much outrage, in GB we've so much unquestioned Pakistani influx. We live in a state of siege.

Much of this persecution is also perpetuated through non-state players?

Yes. In the recent past sectarian attacks have increased manifold in GB. As the Pakistan state weakens, the Pakistani military is increasing Islamisation through the Jamat-e-Islami, Taliban, Lashkar-e-Dawat, Lashkar-e-Taiba and Lashkar-e-Janghwi to enhance strategic interests. These Takfiri groups hate Shias who face persecution along with Christians, Ahmadis and Hindus.

What is your view on the huge Chinese investment in GB?

Since the building of the Karakoram Highway in 1966, China has steadily been increasing its stranglehold on GB. The Chinese see the region as their access way to link to Muslim countries. Once it reaches the Gwadar port, the Persian Gulf is not too far away.

Are locals happy with such Chinese presence?

What choice do they have? Given how miserably Pakistan has failed in providing us with connectivity, this is seen as a good thing. There are major issues with the Chinese over mineral exploration, land compensation and who controls the revenue and the royalties of the dams. And it not like we're getting jobs. Chinese bring their own labourers and locals are not given work. This is resented.

The list of foreign powers wanting to dabble in GB is long

Every major player in the world is aware of GB's location and its geo-strategic interest. India China, the EU, UK, US, Russia as well as Saudi Arabia and Iran. The Indonesians, Japanese and Koreans are making their own moves along with the Australians. Currently of course its China which is benefitting the maximum from GB.

Does India have role to play?

Of course, it does. Its baffling why it chooses to just play a wait-and-watch game. No one's asking India to go to war with Pakistan. But it just can't sit and hope for things to work out. As Pakistan gets Talibanised, it will bear the brunt. India should act before the fire of radicalism reaches it. Either partner with people of GB or work with the international community as well actors like Iran which has an interest in countering Taliban.

Legally you're Indian. But you need a visa to come here

Constitutionally I'm Indian. India should either forget us or do something. For 60 years we have been physically in control of Pakistan while India has constitutional capacity. How long can we live like this?

Do you go back home to GB?

I could go. (laughs) But I'm not sure they'll let me get out again ever.

Who is Senge Hansan Sering?

The Skardu- born engineer, Senge Hasnan Sering, has a Development Studies postgraduate from England. The cultural activist has been instrumental in reviving the indigenous Balti script, and has also been a fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies & Analysis, Delhi. Settled in the US since 2003, he runs the Washington-based Gilgit Baltistan Institute
From here:

People of Gilgit-Baltistan want what the Indian Kashmiris have: Senge Hasnan Sering
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

arun wrote:Independent MLA of the Jammu & Kashmir Assembly by name of Rashid faults Non Mohammaddens Hindu Pandits driven out of their ancestral lands in the Kashmir Valley by targeted Mohammadden violence and demands they make “unconditional apology” to the Mohammaddens of the Kashmir Valley for succumbing to targeted Mohammadden violence and fleeing their ancestral Kashmir Valley home.:

Let pandits apologize for their migration: Rashid

Twitter reaction to this twisted piece of logic that makes Mohammadden perpetrators of atrocities against Non-Mohammadden become the victims and then makes the Non Mohammadden victims as the ones being at fault, can be seen here:

Twitter at DimwitRashid
People like miya Rashid should have been targeted by secularists now already. It is indeed sad that any such utterances can be made and chattering classes are maintaining radio silence. People who were target of ethnic cleansing are now targeted again. It is perhaps similar to kar-sevaks who were burnt alive near Godhra station and later blamed for their mass murder.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

DAV management decides to close school in Srinagar - Non-cooperation by authorities
Fed up with the discriminatory and negative attitude of the authorities, the management of DAV Public Secondary School, Srinagar today said that they have been forced to lock out the school.
In a statement issued here, today the management of the School said that due to non cooperation of Director School Education, Srinagar and Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) the management is left with no option except to lock this premier institute. The statement said that Director School Education has been sitting over the proposal submitted to him vide no DAV/MC/CJ/2007 dated 15-08-2014 and over nine months have passed maintaining total silence by design. Similarly the proposal for repairs sent to SMC for raising of boundary wall as well as re-construction of two annexes within the premises damaged in September 2015 floods is being avoided by design although all other damaged buildings private/commercial in Jawahar Nagar area have been granted permission except this public school for unknown reasons, the statement added.
The management said that the action of the authorities have created uncertainty within the school premises and as such is vulnerable to any untoward act by any agency. In this behalf the verbal assurances given by Finance and Education Ministers to the management assuring speedy action has not borne any result thus precipitating the closure of the School till such time necessary repairs and replacements are carried out in order to ensure the safety and security of the children and staff as the management can’t take risk with this crucial matter whereby the safety and security of the children and staff will get endangered.
The statement held Government agencies responsible for creating such conditions deliberately to damage and bring disrepute to the minority educational institute of Srinagar.
The management in an appeal to Chief Minister has sought his intervention in the matter and demanded that the guilty be punished under law.
http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/dav-manag ... -srinagar/
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

meanwhile Mirwaiz wants Islamic studies in J-K schools
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation ... 74191.html
Moderate Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has demanded making Islamic studies (Islamiyat) part of the school curriculum in private and government-run educational institutions in Jammu and Kashmir.
It is the first time that Mirwaiz, who is also a religious head and leads Friday prayers at historic Jama (grand) mosque, has called for the introduction of Islamic studies in the school curriculum
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

DAV I believe is a Arya-Samaj school. Hence, the khujli.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

^ Indeed it is, DAV stands for Dayanand Arya Vedic.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

its Dayanand Anglo Vedic actually
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/the-d ... 150430.htm

The danger behind Pakistan's new swagger - Gen. Syed Ata Hasnain (Retd)
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

J&K MINORITY RIGHTS -SUBVERTED & FOULED
At a recent meeting of J&K Department of Social Welfare, chaired by the Social Welfare Minister, Sakina Itto, it was disclosed that the department had disbursed an amount of 3.6 crore rupees among 1278 students of the “minority community” during the year 2009-2010. [1] “Neither the ministry nor the department in question disclosed the identity of the recipients of these scholarships“, commented a retired District and Sessions Judge in J&K.

In a paper presented at a seminar organized by J&K Minorities Rights Forum on 18 December 2009 at Jammu to commemorate UN listed Minority Rights Day, Advocate Tashi Rabstan from Ladakh stated, “The Government of India has offered 20,000 high value scholarships for 2007-08 in the field of technical/professional education to the identified national level minorities. In J&K where Muslims form the majority have been allotted 717 scholarships out of 753. This clearly shows the unfairness and discrimination of the minorities in J&K State .” [2]

While giving data about state-wise distribution of scholarships to the minorities, Dr. P.S N Murthy, Advocate, Andhra Pradesh High Court records in All India Reporter that in the year 2009, the Union Ministry of Minority Affairs, awarded Muslims 717, Christians 2, Sikhs 22 and Buddhists 12 student scholarships in J& K State. [3]

From first two illustrations it is inferred that the State government covertly admits Muslims of the State a minority, whereas, by virtue of the third illustration the Union government indirectly recognizes Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and the Buddhists of the J&K State as minorities.

Are these measures of the State and the Union government in conformity with constitutional provisions? No, not only this in contravention of law, it also vitiates constitutional stipulations.

Clause 1 sub (2) Chapter I of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 lays down: “It (the Act) extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir ”. [4]

Article 3 sub 2 of the NMC Act of 1992 says that the Chairperson of the NMC shall be from amongst the minority community.
It signifies that no community in the J&K, whether majority or minority, falls within the ambit of the Act for the reason that the entire state is outside the operative jurisdiction of the Commission for Minorities, and by implication, that of the Union Ministry of Social Welfare where address is to be made to the minorities only. Therefore, by appointing Mr. Qureshi, a Muslim from the Valley as the Chairman of NCM in the light of Clause 1 sub (2) Chapter I of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992, the Government of India vitiates the spirit of the Act by treating J&K as included in the jurisdiction of the Act. If that is the truth, then not Kashmiri Muslims but Hindus are a minority group, and in the light of Article 3 sub (2), a Kashmiri Pandit should have been appointed Chairman of NCM. Is this not blatant violation of the NCM Act?
In the 2007 session of the State Legislative Assembly, Chief Minister Azad declared on the floor of the house that a State level Minority Commission would be set up. This augured well for all the efforts that KHMC was making. Taking advantage of the announcement KHMC prepared a draft bill (almost at par with the NCM Act of 1992) for facilitating preparation of necessary Act for the State. It was meant to serve as reference in the preparation of a Bill by the government for necessary legislation. On May 7, 2005, KHMC handed over a copy of the draft bill to Ghulam Nabi Azad, the Chief Minster of J&K State who initiated the process through the State Ministry of Law. In a news item appearing in some local papers of the day it was said that the Law Department had completed the process for constituting J&K State Minority Commission. Thereafter nothing has been heard about the fate of the bill. [17]
Denial of minority rights is adversely affecting these communities of the State. A separate paper will be needed to list major discrepancies. However one or two examples would do. The glaring and serious instance of political manip8lation to harm the interests of the Buddhist community was the delimitation of the Zanskar Assembly constituency. Zanskar, one of the most inaccessible areas with it’s headquarter at Padum, is a sub-division of Kargil district but demographically and culturally it is a Buddhist area. For about eight months in the year it is completely cut off from the district headquarter. It has its own problems of development which can be taken care of by the representative of Zanskar only. But strangely three patwari circles of Kargil sub-division, viz. Panikkher (170 km away from Padum), Lankarachi and Barsoo (both 200 km away fro Padum), were included in the Zanskar constituency. These three patwari circles (PCs) are thickly populated by the Muslims. Clearly the objective of these steps was to present a Buddhist from getting elected to the State Assembly.

The second example is of the Sikh minority community that migrated to the Indian part of the State in 1947. The State constitution reserves 24 Assembly seats for the part of the state under illegal occupation of Pakistan . Displaced Sikhs (and Hindus) from PoK in 1947 have been demanding that a minimum of 4 seats be given to them in proportion to their population. This very reasonable demand has never been conceded by the State government. It is unfortunate that 45000 souls who faced genocide, destruction of their property, loot, and killing in PoK are still unsettled and living in refugee camp.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

User Actions
Follow

J&K PDP
‏@jkpdp
In a major decision aimed at decongesting Islamabad (Anantnag) town from ever-increasing vehicular traffic, Chief... http://fb.me/6PC8vdIjo
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/two-crpf-personnel-killed-in-militant-attack-in-jk/
Two CRPF personnel, including an officer, were killed when militants attacked a road opening party (ROP) of the paramilitary force in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday. The attackers also fled away with an AK-47 rifle of one of two slain CRPF men.

The slain personnel have been identified as assistant sub-inspector O N Singh, and constable Tilak Raj.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

No More Exit Signs Kashmir was incensed with India, but wasn’t up for an armed rebellion
...Munshi Mohammed Ishaq, a former close aide of Sheikh Abdullah, and three-time acting president of the Ple­b­i­s­cite Front, says that he and the organisa­tion’s other mem­bers had full kno­w­ledge of the operation. “It had been decided that we would not remain unco­ncerned during this movement. The Pakistanis had talked to us and I had personally agreed to their plan, which was to under­t­ake a sudden operation of occupying Srinagar airport, radio station, Sadar and other police stations.... We were ent­rusted with the responsibility of see­king public support for this action so there could be no other alternative for India except to agree to have an honourable settlement of the Kashmir issue,” Ishaq is quoted by Butt in his book.

After the operation failed, Butt says a tearful Ishaq told him, “The best opportunity (for) our freedom has been lost. Nobody listened to my advice and everybody, for the sake of individual security, sabotaged the plan.” Ishaq adds that “we, out of selfishness and temerity, did not cooperate (sic)”. This reading of events doesn’t show the full picture. According to another account, Pakistani soldiers while shopping in the Valley asked for “do seir aata (two kilos of flour)”. Neither was “seir” the unit of mass in Kashmir nor flour the staple diet of Kashmiris. It was enough for the people to smell a rat.

After the end of the 22-day war, the Operation Gibraltar planners trained their guns on the Kashmiris. It was argued that if it were not for their non-cooperation, the operation would have been successful. Mir Abdul Aziz, a Srinagar resident who had migrated to Pakistan in 1947 where he launched an English weekly Times of Kashmir from Muzaffarabad, says, “Poor Kashmiris were made the scapegoats. Those who were sent to Kashmir Valley did not even know the Kashmiri language—the whole affair was a wild goose chase” (from Bouquet: A tribute to Unsung Heroes of Kashmir by Zahir-ud-Din).
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Is anyone aware about details regarding the attack on Gurdwara in Kishtwar by RSS people? I tried to search Internet but it does not come up in any MSM source.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP today said hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani should acknowledge he is Indian and "apologise" for his anti-national activities if he wants to get passport to visit his ailing daughter in Saudi Arabia.

"Passport cannot be given to Geelani sahib till he apologises for the mistakes he has committed during the past 25 years. Passports are issued to Indian citizens and not the ones who don't believe in India and its democracy," BJP spokesman Khalid Jehangir said in a statement here.

"If Geelani sahib wants the passport, then has to fall in the line and follow law of the land," Jehangir said.

The BJP spokesman said "if Geelani acknowledges that he is an Indian and won't indulge in anti-India activities, then Government of India can consider his request for the passport".

Geelani has sought a passport to visit his daughter, who is admitted in a hospital in Saudi Arabia in a critica ..
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 319081.cms
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why should their be sympathy for Geelani if his daughter is sick or is on death bed.
He personally has caused many a parents to see their kids dying.
I am done with feeling sorry for scum like him..
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

prahaar wrote:Is anyone aware about details regarding the attack on Gurdwara in Kishtwar by RSS people? I tried to search Internet but it does not come up in any MSM source.
What attack?
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

abhik wrote:
prahaar wrote:Is anyone aware about details regarding the attack on Gurdwara in Kishtwar by RSS people? I tried to search Internet but it does not come up in any MSM source.
What attack?
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jammu- ... 74928.html

This report is not very clear. Other social media pages also carry this news. But authentic details were not available.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

why the **** is it geelani SAHIB ! all the time? he should be asked to complete his application in all respect, stand in sun outside ITO passport office and then given the PP
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Prahaar,

Where is it mentioned that it is RSS people?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

JEM< Its implied.
Look at the names reported.

Goon led by Chander Kant.
Acting on orders of local MLA.
And the request to BJP.

Sub-text is its not the Kashmirmiscreants.

Now the bigger question is what were they doing to invite such an attack?
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Geelani displays Paki choothspah and is supported by the mofos in the PDP. But unless he writes "Indian" on his passport, he is not going anywhere.

http://www.outlookindia.com/news/articl ... mea/898024
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

JEMji and Ramanaji, Yes. The RSS is not mentioned directly. But the Kishtwar MLA is BJP and the narrative on the social media websites is that this is RSS. It was mentioned as a question to MOS Home, in some TV program by a Sikh guy about why the police is not saving Sikhs against RSS communals.

https://youtu.be/AnIIvPy1S8E?t=13m27s

You can also see the video 12:00 onwards to understand the tenor of discussion.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SAG apparently wont give photo for passport as its against his belief.
chaanakya wrote:Vikas Swarup @MEAIndia · 3h 3 hours ago

On the queries raised about Mr. Geelani's passport: